[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Number-system.gif (12 KB, 620x388)
12 KB
12 KB GIF
Let's do it
>>
>>14104580
do you play croquet?
>>
Thrembo is between 6 and 7, base 11 system ;D
>>
a base-1 system where numbers are represented by the word NIGGER repeated to the value desired

for example, 8 = NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER
>>
>>14104607
This would make a fine phd thesis
>>
Based 12
>>
File: image-20.png (6 KB, 303x242)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
Base 8
>>
>>14104583
I'll try
>>
>>14104580
I think its too similar to the regular base 10 system that we're using today.
>>
>>14104702
it's base 60, 60secs, 60mins 360degrees etc
>>
base 2i
>>
Parsecs are the unit of length
>>
>need to invent new system of numbers
>have to use already existing numbers to describe it
wtf
how did they invent the first numbers?!
>>
>>14104607
Represent sqrt(2) in NIGGER
>>
>>14104947
It was called guessing. Absolute fools
>>
>>14104607
Based base
>>14104637
>>14104646
Cringe
>>
>>14104960
simple; for fractions of NIGGER, you merely write the amount of the word proportional to the value. So, 1 is NIGGER, 1.5 is NIGGER NIG, 1.1666- is NIGGER N, etc.
Now, for values between full NIGGER subdivisions, we can use a period to donate a fraction of that fraction. So, for 1/4th we can have "NIG.NIG". For 1/8th, we can have "NIG.NIG.NIG".
Now, a problem here is that you could potentially have multiple ways of writing a single fraction, so we'll solve that by making a rule that when writing a number you should always prioritize making the string as short as possible, and then secondly prioritize having the early NIGGER in the string as short as possible. So, N.NIGG is preferable to NIGG.N
Now, for irrational numbers we're going to run into the same problems as other number systems unfortunately. .
>>
>>14104580
Represent the [math]n[/math]-th prime number raised to the [math]k[/math] power, ie [math]p^k_n[/math] with the scaled basis vector [math]{1 \over k} v_n[/math] in the Hilbert cube. Represent a number as the sum of these exponential prime factors, e.g. 50 becomes [math]\langle 1,0, {1\over 2},\ldots,\rangle[/math]. Note that this allows infinite sets of prime factor as long as the l2 norm is bounded meaning my system is strictly more powerful than the traditional “numbers”.
>>
>>14105036
But are values in the numeral system unique? That's one of the key drawbacks of prime-based numeral systems.
>>
>>14105000
Fucking trash system (or bad explanation).
Adding a special rule for the notation not to break and allow multiple possibilities for a single value is a sign of a retarded system.
To fix it you can assume that the fractions work as a simple base 6 system around NIGER (with single N to make it work?), where each letter represents a value of 1/36
So then 1/4 is N.NIG and 1/8 .NIGE.NIG (where 0.NIGE is 3/36 and 0.0.NIG 3/216).
The rest of the numbers stay the same, so two is still NIGGER NIGGER.
the only reason tho why would you do all this bullshit instead of just a normal base 7 is to write more niggers.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.