[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: unnamed.jpg (123 KB, 900x900)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>a circle can have a well defined radius or a well defined circumference but not both
genius
>>
File: 3ci3oil696t41.jpg (15 KB, 282x179)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>
pi is undefined
>>
>>14104350
both are real? youre retarded
>>
>>14104350
unit circle?
>>
>>14104375
The relationship between them is irrational. So he's saying you cannot pinpoint with 100% accuracy the circumference given just the radius.

However you can reduce the error to an arbitrarily low amount so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>14104368
retard
>>
This retard doesn't have a closed form formula for the area of a circle
>>
>>14104493
the area of what circle?
>>
>>14104510
ladies and gentlemen, the sanest finitist
>>
>>14104519
>the redditest redditor
>>
Pi constantly changes depending on place and time your circle is drawn and thus can never be well defined.
>>
>>14104775
I hope this is bait
>>
>>14104350
this nigger doesn't actually write any papers worth reading in numerics nor has he written any code worth using. why would anyone listen to his ranting when he can't actually do anything with his knowledge?
>>
based finitist, wildberger is unironically a genius
>>
>>14104775
This is truth but they try to hide it

I memorized pi as a kid and I remember a few times thinking numbers changed, I tried to pay very close attention and sure enough one day the 26th digit swapped from a 7 to an 8. And try calculating with the old digit, nope, fucks up!
>>
There's no such a thing as a circle. Circles are just a delusion cooked up by the minds of schizo infinitists.
>>
>>14107404
prove it
>>
>>14105675
I also memorized pi as a kid, and no such digit swaps occurred.
>>
Not reading the paper, but is this just a consequence of the tradeoff between frequency and amplitude certainty inherent to the Fourier transform?
>>
>>14104350
the wildberger uncertainty principle
>>
>>14104350
mathematicians really shot themselves in the foot with invention of "pure" "abstract" math, here they are talking about many angels can dance on the head of a pin while other areas take all their best math and build useful things, cvcked profession
>>
>>14107410
1. Circles require pi to exist
2. Pi doesn't exist (it's a never-ending process)
3. Therefore circles don't exist
>>
universe doesn't need PI for anything, pure human concept

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.