[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_20220113_205358.jpg (823 KB, 978x1622)
823 KB
823 KB JPG
what do you call the science of drawing an(y) object in (any) perspective correctly and realistic and natural
https://youtu.be/WU2Udd7Nwno

i kept doing studies and i can somehow feel it out through dots and x,y positions but i can never be sure and mistakes happen so and i was wondering if mathemathical drsfting or projection is built for this and what do i need to know basically to build image correctly and uhm,.
from mwmory
>>
This is what a photograph does anon
>>
>>14100737
thats not science tho, just photography
>>
I like you more than "my brother bought a laser" schizo
maybe pirate a copy of cinema 4d and start modeling and playing around with 3d space to better visualize what you want
>>
>>14100743
i dont like you at all so and
i got me some tiny models to draw from and i can assemble different other silhouettes from them so there s the variety and visualizations i guess, but the worse case now is how the perspective work/positioning a specific vertice in 2d surface that is relative to the perspective in use like parabolic views or multipoint perspective

what do you call that then idk
>oh wait i see i can get variety from there
>>
Gonna use this thread to ask what the science of being able to play any song in any key on an instrument and having it sound good.
>>
>>14100811
i havent done that yet but sure go ahead

but maybe help me on making my linebdrawing precise/exact from any angle first maybe before hijacking my thred
>>
bump
>>
bumppp
>>
bumpppppp
>>
It's called projective geometry
>>
>>14101043
can you link me the most complete one for that? especially something that involves putting lengths from ortho/flat into perspective i guess
maybe stuffs like angles and so too and how they look natural in perspective?

also does descriptive geometry included if yes that too
>>
>>14100719
This is literally a solved problem. You don't even need memory just understanding a basic set of rules and applying them
>>
>>14101159
heh, show me then. or maybe show me thru the stuff first since you are gonna be making some lines too long and too short no matter what and that ll mess up a bunch many stuff...
>>
>>14101159
i mean butterfly isnt v hard too since there s only like 4 sides to each wings and the body is just blobs
no ofence but
>>
>>14101182
>Didn't even have a modicum of decency to include please in his sentence
Yeah I'm not spoonfeeding you zoomer fucker
>>
>>14101189
uh, arent you this guy>>14101043
nvm fucking show the links or "basics" then if you actually know jackshit
>>
File: IMG_20220114_185301.jpg (586 KB, 1041x1245)
586 KB
586 KB JPG
>>14101159 i mean like can your ways be used to handle this subject matter i mea so i dont have to study and restudy the one stuff again and again to redraw them correctly?
>>
>>14100719
Geometry
>>
File: op.gif (2.47 MB, 256x256)
2.47 MB
2.47 MB GIF
>>14101203
>>
>>14100719
>what do you call the science of drawing an(y) object in (any) perspective correctly and realistic and natural
Real projective geometry.
>>
>>14101356
You're going to want to head over to /ic/ and seek out resources on perspective drawing and constructive drawing. Any book or video course recommended for beginners will do. That will teach you 1 2 3 point perspective drawing. At first you (should) draw out all the projecting lines back to vanishing points and flesh out all 'scaffolding'. The analogy would be showing all your working in math.This ensures you can create a technically correct drawing. Eventually though, just as you start skipping steps in your workings as you gain intuition, you can skip explicitly drawing out the scaffolding and subordinate correct perspective into all your sketches as your eye develops.
The butterfly pic is a good example of how you can put organic forms into space using rigid scaffolding that at first glance seems only useful for inorganic forms like seen in architecture. See that they are basically just drawing cylinders using boxes than slicing a 'piece of cake' out of that cylinder. Finally just add wings on the flat planes of the piece of cake and project shadows from a point source of light.

Resources and keywords - perspective made easy, Scott Robertson how to draw (apparently not rec'd for beginners), gnomon perspective course, handprint perspective if your autistic and browse /sci/ not rec'd though, dynamic sketching, draw a box, industrial design, constructive drawing.

(1/2)
>>
>>14104517
To draw from imagination, have a grasp of what constructive drawing is. This is the butterfly drawing and creating what you want out of basic shapes. Another example would be a old school robot made out of boxes. Draw that correctly in perspective than put a human in that using the boxes as guides, just as the butterfly was placed. That is the most approachable way of drawing from imagination, not brute force memorising every view of every pose of the subject. Memorise and deconstruct the general form into basic shapes and replicate general forms using constructive drawing techniques in perspective than add key details to aid recognition
Honestly though fuck trying to be overly technical with it and just try to quickly gain an intuitive understanding of the basics then have fun drawing out your ideas. Kim Jung Gi is a good example of this though he's a natural talent that just drew and probably didn't follow any of the established traditional pedagogy of drawing. Final tips are use reference pretty much always and don't reinvent the wheel, as said by another anon this is a solved problem since centuries ago.

Good luck and don't get dragged down by the crabs in /ic/ if you go there. (2/2)
>>
>>14104524
thanks for effort post but i dont need boxes to draw humans anymore. i honestly cant remember it all but i recall putting out a rule of my own to create human proportions in different perspective so maybe thats intuitiveness but then theres also that part where you sketch freehand endlessly but your spatial realism never improve or feels correct since the 3d space adheres to perspectivw realism so idk

some subjects are easier to do now even includinf mechanical stuff but i just cant rub this feeling upon this particular subject somehow so idk, isnt science or geometry supposed to be part of perspective's problem solving?
>>
File: IMG_20220115_122123.jpg (693 KB, 1122x1744)
693 KB
693 KB JPG
>>14104524
definitely not the best human around but i guess im just trying to find what's "realistic" enough of a perspective so for it to look "right enough".

so frustating too since no body seems to see the issue but me and i cant always be the weird one when the subject matter is as basic as the degree needed to make a cube look dimensional enough
>>
>>14100719
it's not a science its just a art school of naturalism
>>
>>14106486
show me an

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.