[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I have schizophrenia. What can I do to make the voices go away?

I can't cope with this existence. I used to be a high achiever now I fear for my life every day
>>
>>13889777
Meds?
>>
>>13889777
take antipsychotics, you will probably feel dulled but the hallucinations will stop.

otherwise you could take the nuclear option and just ingest an insane amount of psychedelic drugs. if you don't come out the other end incurably insane, you might reset your brain to normal, or maybe return with some shred of arcane and ineffable knowledge from the n-th dimension.
>>
>>13889797
I take them and still hear voices from time to time. The negative symptoms are bad too. I also have sideeffects from the meds
>>
>>13889823
Anyway, you can't be on meds for ever considering that people on antipsychotics die 20 years earlier on average. Try reducing the dosage.
>>
>>13889851
If I get another psychosis i would have to take a higher dose after that

I dont want to risk it
>>
>>13889861
What kind of psychosis do you have? Auditory, visual, some other kind? What kind of subject is repeatedly showing up in these psychoses?

Are there triggers that can cause a psychosis. For example, emotional pain or fear?
>>
>>13889851
>Try reducing the dosage.
Please don't, we don't need any more 0.99999... = 1 threads here.
>>
>>13889881
Had both but with the meds it's only Auditory
No special subject

>For example, emotional pain or fear
I experienced both before the psychosis
>>
>>13889910
If you have a psychosis, do you realize you have one. Are you able to distinguish between what is 'real' and what is 'not real'. I put them in quotations because we're all hallucinating strictly speaking. I only want to gauge the extent of your maladaptive behavior.
If you're psychotic, are you paranoid or fearful?
>>
>>13889921
I only had one psychosis and didn't know an illness like schizophrenia exists
After some time i started to question some bullshit the Voices said
>If you're psychotic, are you paranoid or fearful?
I was both at the same time
>>
>>13889802
>otherwise you could take the nuclear option and just ingest an insane amount of psychedelic drugs. if you don't come out the other end incurably insane
This. Nobody became incurably insane from psychedelics, but it will reset your brain
>>
obviously sell the voices in your heads to people who don't have them
>>
>>13889802
>>13889963
>ingest an insane amount of psychedelic drugs
>you might reset your brain to normal
Been there. Done that. It changed absolutely nothing. Not that guy, though.
>>
>>13889777
https://www.psychiatryadvisor.com/home/schizophrenia-advisor/intranasal-oxytocin-reduces-negative-effects-improves-cognitive-function-in-schizophrenia/
>>
>>13889963
You're aware that psychedelics trigger schizophrenia rather than cure it?
>>
>>13890011
Yes, fight fire with fire
>>
>>13890009
>according to an open-label, nonrandomized, 12-week study published in Postgraduate Medicine
Typical psychiatry.
>>
>>13890000
Most capitalist shit I've ever heard
>>
>>13890005
It worked for me™
>>
>>13889777
Chase them out with some high velocity metal
>>
>>13889934
When you first started hearing voices, how did you conceptualize them? As other people that are standing right next to you, god, random noise?
>>
>>13890077
I Doubt It & co.
>>
>>13890110
Interdimensional beings and the devil
>>
>>13890132
>Interdimensional beings
If you would to use a pre scifi, archaic term, for these beings what would you call them?
>>
>>13890228
Simply strangers
I was confused when i heard the voices for the first time. Didn't know who was talking

In the beginning i thought the government planted tiny earphones in my ears which i couldnt remove

Im off to sleep bro
>>
if you have the health to exercise strenuously on a routine basis, that's one way way out.
Ideally you get off all meds, drugs and stimulants. A supplement or two like Taurine or l theanine could be used. You become an addict of disciplined routine and hard work. First four weeks = withdrawal. First year=establishing routine.
You're probably well off if you have the means to get to 1 year and to taper off all meds. Get a role in society that you love, and that also takes your full commitment.
>>
Hello anon. Most schizophrenic tendencies are born from living in a mentally ill system built on contradicting truths and yourself being full of ignorance.
The people around you that you are told to believe, are little more than false orators.
Relearn the subjects on your own, take care of your body, do not drink coffee.
DO NOT DRINK COFFEE.
You can start again on mathisfun.com, the physics section is easy to comprehend and fun to read. Remember to get enough sleep. Remember to destroy what the system made and make yourself.
You can eat ice cream sometimes if you want.
>>
Dude just go to the hospital and tell them you are hearing voices they will change your medication until there is a solution.
>>
>>13889777
Unironically worship God and Jesus. When you hear voice start reading or reciting the bible. It might help. If the voices hate it you are off to a good start.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.