[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 16765463346.jpg (85 KB, 800x593)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
give me best books on liner algebra + best video course could be coursera/youtube or something, no 3blue1brown already know this
>>
>>13750076
Depends on the course. If you are an engineer/applied, then all books are the same, it literally doesn't matter.
Now if you are a pure mathematician, then it gets more complicated.
>>
>>13750088
i'm starting a machine learning course is there something specific?
>>
>>13750096
Then it doesn't matter, pick the one you like the most from the cover/pictures.
>>
>>13750096
You just need the foundations, stick with the Manga Linear Algebra book
>>
>>13750100
>Manga Linear Algebra book
are you fucking shitting me?
>>
File: Manga.png (870 KB, 797x630)
870 KB
870 KB PNG
>>13750103
Good books honestly
>>
>>13750099
>>13750127
>learn math with pictures of cartoon girls
nah...
>pick the one you like the most from the cover/pictures
i would just follow this advice, and sigh up to khan academy thanks anyway
>>
Shilov
>>
If you are an engineering undergrad it doesn’t really matter, just learn row reduction.

If you’re interested in pure math I’d say to not read one at all. Read an abstract algebra book which covers that material anyway. If you insist on reading one, then Hoffman & Kunze is best. Don’t only read the first several chapters which are mostly applied stuff. Don’t skip difficult proofs. At least learn how the determinant is constructed through exterior products and its uniqueness. I’d say to do the chapter on polynomial rings too. In my view the standard abstract algebra treatment is a great intro to pure math since group theory is the best way to learn how to prove things and will build your algebraic intuition.
>>
>>13750076
use terry tao's notes
>>
>>13750076
hoffman and kunze.
just go to youtube and look for "linear algebra lectures" and find the first female lecturer that isn't indian.
>>
>>13750885
I found that the material is better taught from CS perspective. Abstract algebra and set theory texts are frustratingly verbose

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.