[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Use with [math] tags for inline and [eqn] tags for block equations.
  • Right-click equations to view the source.
  • There are 84 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Diabetes.png (3.35 MB, 1383x914)
3.35 MB
3.35 MB PNG
Last thread -> >>13725049

We discuss research, DO NOT offer advice (just fucking go see your doctor) make fun of gunner premeds and shitpost. Please keep vaccination/clamping/vitamin K etc. out of this thread and start your own because it takes a lot of space.
>inb4 not science
>inb4 circumcision
>inb4 schizo-posting
>inb4 clamping
>>
>>13747742
>picture of retinal vasculature
I looked at my erect penis today and the vascular network is so wacky and convoluted
Why can't the stupid vessels just grow in a grid lmao
>>
>>13747782
Just get a gridplastic anastomosis
>>
>>13746974
Who's 'you'? Practices depend heavily on patient specifics, and local protocols/personal preference of the anesthesiologist
However, normally IV agents are used for induction - a sequence of fentanyl(or a variant like sufentanyl, remifentanyl), propofol(or thiopental, etomidate) and a neuromuscular blocker, usually rocuronium or atracurium(if intubation is planned); afterwards anesthesia can proceed either as TIVA or switch to inhalation(gas) anesthetics.
The only case where inhalation induction is recommended is in pediatric anesthesia, because kids are little bitches and will cry when you try to place an IV; so you knock them out with sevoflurane or N2O, then the nurse places an IV and you get more options
>from what I remember from my surgery
So you were either a kid then, or, if not, the anesthesiologist was simply preoxygenating you with the mask and at some point signalled the nurse to start injecting induction drugs
>>
File: 1632551278718.jpg (675 KB, 2197x1463)
675 KB
675 KB JPG
>anon comes in with suicidal ideations
>give him a lethal dose of morphine
>>
>>13747825
Thanks doc
>>
>>13747825
Noice done.
>>
What does the medical community think about the profitable trade in dismembered human body parts?
Does using cash money as means of transaction in the dismembered human body parts trade pose an ethical risk to the medical community?
>>
>>13747742
thought on paramedic diploma ?
>>
>>13748024
only 500 bucks for a foreskin?? that's a steal
>>
>>13747782
Let me do a penis inspection on you
>>
>>13748024
is...is this what happened to my foreskin?
>>
>>13748024
>fibroblasts
>dismembered human body parts
>>
>>13748024
I think it's great that the American people are providing their foreskins for the global biomedical industry
>>
>>13747742
Is this Diabetic Retinopathy?
>>
>>13748145
Yep, there are some hard exsudates in the right edge of the picture.
>>
>>13748066
sorry i need you to provide imagery that would elicit erection first
>>
File: whats this.png (2.8 MB, 1441x913)
2.8 MB
2.8 MB PNG
>>13748170
Hope this works
>>
>>13748190
Thats a very small width.
>>
>>13748190
is that a peepee cross section?
imagine having your dead peepee sliced into a thousand transverse sections
>>
> be a doctor
> prescribe a class I carcinogen
>>
File: azz-500x500-1.jpg (55 KB, 500x484)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>13748608
>>
I am interested in Urology, but in the cunt I'm studying I don't have a chance to actually go into a urology rotation during my medical studies so I have nobody to ask this question to.
This is more of a general question about minimal invasive procedures:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ho-pVOqN3o (minute 1-2)
When introducing the guidewire, the Urologists check the position of it through X-Ray. Don't they get a lot of radiation exposure?
I understand that they have lead shielding, but doing this stuff every day for hours can't be healthy right?
I don't want to get into a specialty that will expose me to daily radiation.
>>
File: 1627134297452.png (6 KB, 221x228)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>tfw you fell for the med meme when the job market is absolute dogshit
>forced to become a chief resident instead to look good
just fucking end me bros
>>
>>13748898
>chief resident
Emergency medicine?
>>
File: lääkeapustaja48.jpg (93 KB, 792x844)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>thinking about how much money the health system would save and how much more satisfying it'd be to practice medicine if there weren't any brown people
>>
File: soiyence.jpg (117 KB, 1177x784)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>
File: classic ben.jpg (14 KB, 400x297)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>13748081
you didn't even get a penny of the $500
>>
>>13749678
>Noooo my untreated hypertension is healthy!!!!!!
>*aneurysm snaps*
>eeeeuuuuuughhh
>>
>>13749809
Why is a long life something humanity should strive for?
>>
>>13749874
A conscious entity must decide on its own when it’s time to succumb to entropy.
>>
>medscape and other sources say alcoholic steatosis reverts to normal within 2-8 weeks of abstinance
>friend with grad 3 steatosis says the doctors told him it takes up to a year
which is it
>>
>>13749956
based immortalist
>>
>>13747742
What kind of path is left for a final year med who fucking hates medicine after dealing with toxic consultants during his clinical years? I like computers btw but was forced into med
>>
>>13750048
Path of sudoku
>>
>>13750048
Pathology, insurance
>>
Is ophthalmology the most cucked medicine specialty? Every year it seems these optometrists were gaining more and more rights and scope expansion.
>>
>>13750363
>Great salary (still)
>Great work-life balance
>Bonus points if you're interested in eyes
I dont know dude, you tell me
>>
>>13748898
Ameribro or Eurocuck?
>>
>>13749874
Not everybody hates his life like you do
>>
>>13750048
Do the MD/DDS program and become based OMFS dabbing on your opponents
>>
>>13750363
Are you in med? Doesn't sound like it. For those doing med in Australia, how's it looking? Have to pick between medicine, dentistry, gardener and law. I can't bring myself to the level of becoming a dentist so medicine seems like the only option for me.
>>
>>13747742
Can any docs here weigh in? I want to do something really hard for once in my life. Medicine never really appealed to me because I didn’t have the foundation for it out of high school (took bare minimum math and science requirements). I like helping people and hate being in front of the computer all day.

If I haven’t been aspiring towards medicine as a profession my entire life should I even bother, or would getting into school be too much of a hassle?

I’m 26, Canadian, went to college for a while, stopped going, failed at least two classes while I was there.
>>
>>13750569
>gardener
How is that in the running along with dentistry and law?
>>
>>13750670
My real passion is in mowing lawns and digging stuff for landscaping
>>
>>13750674
Kinda based. If money is a concern, I work at my father’s law firm as a clerk. You’re chained to a desk more often than not, I wouldn’t be able to do it if I thought it was forever. We have quite a few clients who built up a landscaping business and have a good amount of money from it - but you’ll more be managing people than actually digging. I’m the same way. Love the mud. But my plan is to make a ton of money and then retire early with some land.

What do you mean when you say:
>I can't bring myself to the level of becoming a dentist so medicine seems like the only option for me.
Is one better or worse? I would say doctors are slightly more prestigious in Canada but dentists tend to have less debt and a better work-life balance. That’s just from observing, though.
>>
>>13750693
Yeah it would be a nice hobby later I suppose. I've been fortunate enough to have the opportunity to study stuff that could, ideally, make a difference so I should be grateful but I still want to do part time gardening or something. It's nothing like that, dentists are important and a great professional. I just have a personal grudge against them that began after I faced a all dentist team on a futsal match and they acted like cjnts. I'm doing a nothing year but had an opportunity to do dentistry interstate so taking it this year kinda feels like I've made no progress as well. Med just seems more exciting but not as much as building a beautiful front yard.
>>
>>13750662
Go for dentistry, it'll be hard the first 2 years due to sharing modules with medicine but after that it's a lot of hands on work.
>>13750674
If your passion is gardening (hence working with your hands) I'll advice to do dentistry
>>
>>13747742
PhD here, taking MCAT next year. will my PhD + high MCAT overcome low undergrad GPA? I graduated undergrad years ago.
>>
>>13750662
Nigger you failed 2 (two) classes of non-medicine. Switching to a allegedly harder caeer isn't going to fix your lack of motivation. Implying you could slip through the university, you would die during your first night shift.
>>
>>13750662
Third year here.

> Never liked biology
> Always liked helping people
> After graduating decide to go to the army to become an officer
> Fail multiple times
> Finally get in
> Hate it and quit
> Decide to try medicine because why not
> Fail multiple times to get in because exams are ass and i'm not giving it my all
> Finally get in
> Love it
> Love everything about it
> Get to help people out a lot
> Probably in the top 5 of my class
> Multiple teachers have already asked me to come study under them

Don't give up anon. Give it a shot and don't worry about age.
>>
>>13750828
How old were you when you got into medicine? Moreover how can you be good at med school when you hate biology?
>>
What is it about specialties like ortho that attracts chads?
>>
>>13750861
The virgin “we must be careful not to hit any small vessels or nerves in this peculiar operation” general surgeon

The chad “NEW HIP GO BRRRRRRRRRR *CLANK* *THUD*” orthopedic surgeon
>>
>>13750828
>>13750837
I actually really liked biology (though I am a vegan so I had a great deal of trouble sitting through dissections). I'm glad to hear the other side of the issue. But how did you actually *get in* to the school? That's my main concern right now.
>>
>>13750736
Yes
>>
>>13750928
THERE IS A FRACTURE. I NEED TO FIX IT.
>>
Should I get the vaccine? Please indicate whether or not you are a Redditor so I can factor that into my decision.
>>
>>13751451
I am a redditor
>>
>>13750363
ophthalmology is BASED, you get to look at the optic nerve, ophthalmic artery, see how much intraocular tension there is, etc.
>>
>>13751451
Literally doesnt matter if you dont have major comorbidities. Do what you want.

t. no redditor
>>
>>13751451
Kys for all I care.
T. Redditor
>>
redpill me on pediatrics
>>
>>13751830
pediatric gynecology
>>
>>13751837
animal
i hope you die
>>
>>13751630
This was what I thought

>>13751630
>>13751700
Are either of you doctors? I will weigh this as well but not nearly as strongly as whether or not you’re a Redditor
>>
>>13751847
pediatric palliative care
>>
File: laparotomy.png (324 KB, 428x317)
324 KB
324 KB PNG
>>13750928
how is emergency laparotomy not the most based operation there could be?
>>
>>13750837
26. I guess i grew to like it because it's actually usefull to me now and i get to practice a lot.

>>13750967
Where are you from?
>>
>>13750928
>AHHHH MY NEW HIP HURTS
>uhhhhhh go rheumathology

Fucking orthofags
>>
>>13750048
Anesthesiology. I’m M3 and in the same position as you.
>>
>>13752518
>Where are you from?
Canada. BC to be specific.
>>
Can any veterinary anon redpill me on the reality if the job?
>>
>>13752719
You 'll get tons of pussy
>>
>Crigler-Najjar syndrome can be remembered as worse than Gilbert syndrome because it sounds like a Disney villain
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>13750048
radiology
>>
>>13753029
>he fell for learning other people's mnemonics
>>
>>13750363
american problem
but there are so few ophthalmologists there so some increase in scope for optometrists is a must
>>
>>13753992
That's cool and all but I just read that these "doctors" are allowed to prescribe medications and in some states, allowed to performe laser surgery and some minor surgery/injections. All WITHOUT going to a medical school.
>>
>>13752788
Hmm, whaaat?
>>
>>13752719
Less pay compared to human doctors for twice the effort
>>
>>13750674
Same. I ended up buying a used zero-turn and a harbor freight utility trailer. Working 5 hours a day driving a beater truck getting 8mpg pays for school, apartment, and nice car.
>>
File: 1628777392847.jpg (79 KB, 1065x1178)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
Neuroradiology or Psychiatry lads?
I like working with the brain/mind but unsure as to which path I should go down
>>
>>13755480
If you like looking at and learning about the structure of the brain, intracranial vessels, the skull, the eyes, and all of the other structures and conditions associated with it then do that. Or rather, if you're interested in how the person thinks, reacts, their emotions and associated behaviors and like learning about the approaches on how to "pick their brain" so to speak then do psych. That doesn't mean you can't have cases that overlap one another, who knows you may get a case about a patient who had a stroke and now has a completely different way of going about their life and how they conduct themselves :)
>>
Is there anyway to test whether you had a heart attack last week without going to the doctor?
Only symptoms are that my left forearm is sore, had numbness in my right hand for about 2 days though
>>
>>13755888
Also I've only had pain in my left forearm for about 2 days now, before it was mostly my right arm and I thought my left arm was fine
>>
>>13755888
Yeah go to a doctor and get an ekg and/or troponin
>>
>>13755892
Oh :(
I'm a manmoder which means I've taken hormone replacement therapy for 4 years but I live as a man, would they really need to see my chest?
How likely is having no symptoms except numbness in the right arm followed by a sore left arm? Could it just be poor circulation? I'm really scared
>>
>>13755900
If it helps I think it's just my flexor carpi radialis that's sore, sore to touch and sometimes when I move my fingers I can feel it hurt
Idk anatomy too well but looking at pictures online that area looks like the right place and matches with the flexor carpi radialis
>>
>>13749958
depends on how severe it is.
If your liver is cirrhotic from decades of alcohol abuse then you can be abstinent for 1,000 years and it won't fix your liver .
>>
>>13747742
Question for any neurologists and researchers:
(see link, but)...
> aphantasia
> largely unexplored, but leads to understanding far more important neurological topics.

The current research appears to be focused on quantifying it in a random population (so surveys comparing symptoms etc).

In doing some self-polling, I discover I am in a cluster family. >50% over three generations.

There's gold in our blood. Between those who have it and those who don't, I'll trade a pint of blood from 40 blood relatives (with and without) for a lump sum of $10, which we will split.

Nobel prize in medicine and probably a billion to the first pharma who grabs it. Any takers?

https://www.healthline.com/health/aphantasia-cure
>>
>>13756098
correction. $10 million, split among us.

Might go up; my blood matching has identified three more.
>>
>>13749958
>brainlet is incapable of interpreting medscape of all things
>thinks information about early stage steatosis applies to patients being close to cirrhosis
>uses friend when obviously talking about himself
Just stop drinking it's not hard.
>>
>>13756098
Haldol.
>>
>>13755888
>Is there anyway to test whether you had a heart attack last week without going to the doctor?
Yeah buy an ECG machine and rent a medical lab to do your troponins
>>
>>13755480
Do you like talking to schizoretards on 4chan? Would you want that to be your daily job?
>>
>>13748024
>goyim foreskin market
XD
>>
File: old people.jpg (37 KB, 628x314)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
why do old people smell like that?
>>
>>13757534
Consider the range of movement you need to properly clean your back and cracks in the shower, and then consider the range of movement of old people
>>
>>13758776
i don't want to consider that ever again.
>>
>>13756058
i know cirrhosis is irreversible, but how long does steatosis take to reverse?
and if the liver goes back and forth between normal and fatty does that induce issues?
>>
>>13756119
i have grade 1
the guy in my psych ward has grade 3
i did stop drinking but want to know how long it takes to go back to normal and why the doctors told the guy in my ward a year
did they lie to try to get him to stay sober?
why did the doctors disagree with what is on medscape by a factor of 6.5-26?
>>
>>13760243
Should've stated in your first post that you're psych patient, wouldn't have responded.
>>
any radonc researchers here? i need help with something sbrt related
>>
>>13760393
tricked you haha :D
>>
>be getting hep B shots because of work
>three jab course
>after second one, have antibody test which shows I have immunity

Should I take the third shot given that I'm already immune?
>>
>>13749958
>>13760242

who gives a fucking shit just don't drink, literally no one cares about this neurotic shit
>akshually it's le grade 2 not grade 3
>Oi m8 wot if eet reverts
kill yourself you neurotic fuck

>>13755888
you most likely have acute functional carditis - aka all in your head, saw idiots like you with normal ecg and troponins all day in the emergency room
also pain/paresthesia in your right arm that goes on for weeks months might mean a right apex lung tumor or some other process pushing the brachial nerve endings, you don't have any of that but it's good to scare hypochondriacs like you

>>13762220
you whatever the doctor told you and shut up
you singed up whatever consent you had when you agreed to the first shot, stop being a smarmy smartass, no one cares

>>13756098
schizo reddit pop scientist detected, go back to /pol/

>>13755480
neuroradiology for the actual cool medical specialty, psychiatry if you have nothing better to do with your life than attend to forever broken half-humans
>>
>>13755888
and I hope you subject yourself to all sorts of imaging tests that will cost you a lot and will not reveal anything, and you will have to live on with the disappointment with not having some special snowflake disease and will not be able to garner pity from it
>>
>>13762357
>you singed up whatever consent you had when you agreed to the first shot, stop being a smarmy smartass, no one cares
Actually, I've been asked by the occupational health team whether I want the shot or not, i.e. they have explicitly asserted that I still have the right to decided whether I get it or not.

(you)
>>
>>13762357
Based and doctor-pilled
>>
File: 1627299887062.gif (786 KB, 250x188)
786 KB
786 KB GIF
is there a difference between receiving O- and the you have (eg. AB+)? say there was a way to make infinite amounts of blood in a lab and so would it make sense to make any type other than O-?
>>
/lit/ says you guys are autistic anki drones whose utility to society will shortly be eliminated by AI, a development for which we will all be better off.

thoughts?
>>
>>13763488
Laughable cope by actual dim wits.
>>
>>13762357
Incredibly based post even if a bit mean to psychiatrists
>>
>>13763488
By the time AI can replace doctors we’ll have had 97% of human jobs replaced by AI and there will have been some sort of social revolution from the jobless
So yeah, /lit/ is wrong
>>
>>13763488
Yes. I am autistic.
>>
>>13763488
>lit says
>A board that consists on "I need the hivemind to tell me what book should I like" "what book should I read if im the most basic human in this rotten earth" "lolita" "what translation of the greeks/germans should I read" repeated ad nauseam"
>>
>>13747742
>We discuss research, DO NOT offer advice
I have an appoinment with my neurologist, but hear me out, I need to know what to expect
>diagnosed with epilepsy and hemiparesis when I was little
>told I was also retarded (80 IQ), but paid no heed to that, topped the class, graduated high school with flying colours and a good grade on my baccalaureate
>got admitted into university
>didn't really do much mentally stimulating work over the summer, but then again that had never been the case
>throughout my life I noticed slight lapses in my memory and concentration but I didn't mind them and usually powered through
>fast-forward to now, suddenly find that I can't grasp new concepts, can't understand what I read, or if I do understand something I immediately forget it, can't remember what has just been said to me or what I did earlier in the day
What the FUCK happened to me? Did my brain damage ruin me?
>>
>>13763800
Just go to your neurologist so they can tell you it cant be fixed
Unless the cause is psychiatric in which case [spoiler]it also can’t be fixed[/spoiler]
>>
>>13763828
Are you being legit or just taking the piss? I'm 2 weeks behind on uni coursework and my parents are in denial
>Heh...just go read some more, anon, it'll stick eventually
>You used to be good in school, now you're just scared of uni!
>The doctor will give you a pill and you'll be fine
Meanwhile I'm sitting here wracking my brains and crying because I feel like my life is ruined, and NOBODY believes me
>Whaddya mean you don't understand what you read? You're just stressed out bro. Didn't understand anything the lecturer said? Don't worry bro nobody does
But I have exams to pass and shit to do and can't do ANYTHING
>>
>>13763838
Sorry bro but you’re a diagnosed epileptic with hemiparesis. Maybe in the future when we get brain regen therapies. Just make the best with what you can do.
>>
>>13763838
Sound tough. Concentration loss and such could be secondary to a few psychiatric disorders like depression and such. But given your history (and you can probably tell if this is psychiatric or not) it’s probably neurologic in which case there aren’t good mecical interventions
>>
>>13763887
>>13763897
So what the fuck do I do now? I'm "studying" language & literature because all my life I wanted to be a teacher. I used to write poetry, I've had articles published in magazines and won national essay competitions, and now my brain suddenly can't keep up with anything anymore. My hemiparesis makes me terribly clumsy and uncoordinated so I can't even work any menial grunt jobs.
>>
>>13763903
Get disability allowance and continue your work obviously. You sound like a capable unit, you might just have hit your plateaued skill-level. Accept and move on, though its going to be hard to accept.
>>
>>13763912
I live in Romania. My disability allowance is the equivalent of $80 in local currency, and even in the worst case scenario (if I were deemed "gravely ill and requiring assistance", which I was not), the allowance would hardly be enough for me to support myself. My life feels fucking over
>>
File: booba.png (2.69 MB, 1441x913)
2.69 MB
2.69 MB PNG
>>13748190
>>
Got lorazepam last year for night panic attacks. Used it twice and recovered.
Massive anxiety attacks begin again. Night panic. Find old pills, take one. A few minutes relaxation before panic begins again. Label says not to double the dose.
I have hardly slept in 3 days.
My doctor is not returning my calls. Do I just go the hospital at this point?
I'm unvaxxed... will they even provide me care?
>>
>>13763967
Ok my dear psychiatric patient friend listen up
The first thing is NOT to ask anyone on a chinese autism forum what to do, go to your GP.
The second thing is NOT to randomly take previously described medication (especially in higher dosages than recommended)
I like benzo + cbt. And get off 4chan
>>
>>13763903
Is that you, ataxiamutt?
>>
>>13764119
I don't know what / whom you are talking about.
>>
File: c36.png (108 KB, 400x381)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>tfw the ambulance delivers a 95 y.o. grandma with covid, 3 strokes in history, malnourished at 40kg, with bed sores, SaO2 at 65%
>tfw the relatives staring at you expecting you to 'save' her
>tfw you stare back with a gaze that says 'why the fuck did you bring her here'
>>
>>13764370
>why the fuck did you bring her here
Did you inform them it was a wendys?
>>
>>13764370
Refer to Dr. Shipman He'll solve it in no time.
>>
>>13764370
normies would be less idiotic and pathetic if they had to pay for the care of their half-dead carcass waste of breath they call relative
I fucking hate that people are in denial about death
>>
>>13763488
ofc humanity would all be better off if AI does medicine better than doctors
just not going to happen any time soon bucko, it should be clear now that ai is just hype shilled by silicon valley
>>
Fuck switching from nights to days to nights to days to nights to days
>>
File: Dr Sandra Lee.jpg (63 KB, 945x1024)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>What's worse than a pre-med.?
>A 30 year old pre-dent
Any tips for the personal statement?
>>
>>13763947
lmao
>>
>medicine still hasn't developed a preferable alternative to an NG tube
>>
>>13765374
>Born:Sandra Siew Pin Lee, December 20, 1970, New York City, New York, U.S.
how does she still look fertile at that age?

just go with how it took you a while to find your calling.
ask yourself, why do you want to do it in the first place? other than money. or rather, why you'd rather do that than any other job.
>>
>>13764370
We had to do a slow code on something similar
>88 y/o dedushka. Covid positive, vascular dementia and Alzheimer's disease, end stage renal failure, 4 stents, bed bound
>nurses and RT can't keep up his SaO2 above 80% even with a venturi
>family convinces an ICU doc to intubate him
>codes while intubated
>family wants us to use ECMO on him

>>13764473
>I fucking hate that people are in denial about death
But it's essentially this.
>>
File: Dr. Pimple Popper.jpg (94 KB, 1000x750)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>13765680
>how does she still look fertile at that age?
Asian genes, fillers and botox. But yeah her body is top notch for her age

>ask yourself, why do you want to do it in the first place? other than money. or rather, why you'd rather do that than any other job.

I already did that. I also weaved a story on how I came to realize that dentisty was for me and how my experience working in the healthcare system will help me be a good student and a good dentist.The only issue is I had a dip in grades in year 2 and 3 of my undergrad (4 year health related degree) even though I did really well in my 4th year. So yeah, I am trying to make up a good reason why I fucked up lmao
>>
What made you realize you wanted a career in medicine?
>>
File: pikastare.jpg (20 KB, 615x343)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>13766299
I went into medicine just so I could understand these threads. but actually, I didn't know what to do with my biochem degree and knew I didn't wanna spend my life in a lab.
>>
Is medicine really that hard to study
my gf is a med student, and she just keeps complaining about how much time and how much studying she does, and how she's always busy studying
surely it can't be that hard… right? Ivy League school... I do engineering and I don't really spend that much time studying at all
>>
>>13766815
Nah are you kidding? Medicine is notoriously one pf the easiest studies, next to african dance theory and women’s studies. That’s why there’s no selection progress and every dimwit can get in
>>
>>13750736
Why do you want to waste rest of your life studying medicine?
>>
>>13751847
Nothing wrong with pediatric gynecology. Pediatric obs on the other hand....
>>
>>13753029
Najjar jaffar potato potato

Also where is the mnemonic from?
>>
>>13763488
Thatd be great. We all hate radiologists as well
>>
>>13765730
Maybe he knows where the treasure is
>>
>>13766299
In 3 year i realized i didnt want to be a doctor
>>
>>13766815
You need to know quite a lot of stuff that can’t be deduced, but depending on country, uni, and even lecturer you’ll find that a ton of trivial stuff gets added on top as well. Lastly most people absolutely suck at time management.
>>
>>13763405
bump
>>
How do I get my hands on pentobarbital or some other drug I can use to painlessly kill myself?
>>
>>13767647
Go to your doctor and say you have suicide plans and they’ll help you
>>
>>13767694
Enjoy unvoluntary hospitalization and forced anti-psychotics
>>
>>13767696
Exactly
Btw all psych patients should be prohibited from posting
>>
>>13767705
Why? Schizo threads are the best thing to happen to 4chan.
>>
>>13767714
Wrong.
>>
>>13767696
What's the ethical reasoning behind this? Why would you force people to live in such conditions?
>>
>>13767728
People have saviour complex. But as soon as that pt leaves the hospital no one cares about him anymore. No one cares if he will get a job a partner find joy or peace. But the hospital staff will feel satisfied because they fixes the happy chemicals in pts brain.
>>
>>13767732
T. Psych patient
>>
File: d9003005.jpg (165 KB, 761x800)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>be skellington almost turning 30
>use my height adjustable table to go up and down every 20 minutes
>after working in office for 1½ hours i get unrest in body
>go for a 5 minute jog around the block
>body is calm and balanced for another 1½ hour
>do this 7-8 times every day
was it ADHD or what could it be?
>>
>>13768134
It’s terminal fuckovitis
Now fuck off hypochondriac
>>
>>13768219
I'M CURED
PRAISE THE LORD
>>
I'm sure most of you have hear of the holy grail of cum. Is there a pussy juice version aside from obviously drinking lots of water?
>>
File: pp2.jpg (80 KB, 976x850)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>l'ospedale shuts down for yet another covid wave
>have to toil in the covid ICU mines again
>8 patients
>they're all unvaxxed
i thought it was just a meme bros...
(they're also all fat just like last year)
>>
>>13749809
That's what happened to my dad and he can't move his arms or legs now. Laughed reading this though
>>
>>13750730
Or surgery? Very hands on as well
>>
File: Spyro-Subway.jpg (56 KB, 506x506)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
why the fuck is the medical system so trash? aside from the usual fuck ups like doing surgery on the wrong side, wrong prescriptions, etc, the waiting times are absolutely insane. both private and public healthcare have same issues.
we really should start accelerating machine learning medical research to replace you incompetent fucks
>t. MRI appointment after 8 months
>>
>>13769019
Italian anon?
>>
File: 1633871478311.png (478 KB, 534x534)
478 KB
478 KB PNG
Would I get a sick cock vein if I injected vascular endothelial growth factor under my penis skin?
>>
Why don't we know more about pilonidal disease? Apparently it's not even 100% clear what causes it.
>>
>>13769456
no, eastern euro but ospedal just sounds funny to me
>>
>>13769451
>complains about waiting time for actual procedures with physical interaction and/or equipment usage
>muh AI machine learning algorithm meme
what did he mean by this?
>>
>get pneumothorax
>fixing whilst reducing future cases involves skinning the chest cavity or getting it inflamed with construction adhesive.
Modern medicine in a nutshell
>>
>>13766299
my dad is a doctor
therefore I will be a doctor
and my first born will become a doctor I will make sure of it
>>
>>13766299
biology is fun and medicine is doing cool stuff with biology
>b-but muh research
nah i'll take putting tubes and needles into people thanks
>>
>>13769457

Yes. Post results.
>>
File: pussy.jpg (36 KB, 460x345)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
hey anons i have an idea for labeling medical data for machine learning. like a startup. any advice or ideas?
>>
>>13770087
>hey anons i have an idea
>any advice or ideas?
>>
>>13747825
I've been cured
>>
What's the medical opinion that Alzheimer's disease: type 3 diabetes?
>>
>>13770364
Its not.
Also, take meds.
>>
>>13769451
>he thinks the system is about taking care of people
Private healthcare is about extracting as much cash from the cattle population as possible
Public healthcare is about spending as little as possible so the cattle thinks they're getting something for their taxes. They don't care, they watch you die in droves due to lack of care and then lecture you about the dangers of red meat, "machine learning" would just make this process more efficient for them
>>
>>13771303
And why should it be different? Healthcare workers aren’t your mommy and daddy, they’re people working a trade and if you can’t be arsed why should they?
>>
>>13771337
Health care workers arent working for (You).
>>
>>13771337
By "system" I wasn't referring to Healthcare workers that more often than not get shit pay for strenuous work. It's that their/our "trade" is part of a vital infrastructure, with the people being in charge of managing it not fucking caring about whether or not it works properly. Doctors and nurses can only care so much for their patients, but in general they at least have the intention of wanting to improve their health, which is in stark contrast to the plain disregard for human health and life on the higher levels of management.
>>
>>13768422
Anyone?
>>
alright /med/ bros What is the current status of ADHD meds? Do they actually fuck people up? I've seen some preliminary studies that they kill drive. but nothing conclusive, especially for patients who were started young. Wondering what you know can see behind the paywall I can't.
>>
>>13771672
ADHD is meme diagnosis.
Is your kid annoying? At school too? Here you go feed him stimulants for life.
>>
>>13771679
I know this. but study of long term effects seem to be suspiciously absent
>>
>>13771686
They end up as druggies and dont have insurance to go to a hospital and be part of any research.
>>
>>13767312
Spoken like a true flowchart.
>>
Can I fuck my innards with a lifecast horse dildo from Exotic Erotics if I have mild chest pain from Covid?
I don't want to clot the fuck out of life when riding a horse dildo while dressed as a thigh high whore.
>>
>>13771303
you are looking at it the wrong way. you think the world is controlled by evil sadists when in reality it's just pragmatists that sometimes get things right.
the purpose of the modern medical system is assuring people are able to work and aren't a burden on society. there is also a small moral element to it too which is why retards, disabled and dying people aren't euthanized.
the cattle metaphor is correct but you are using it in a wrong way. we treat cattle because cattle are useless without treatment. same thing with humans. of course like everything humans do the medical system is full of incompetence and error. that's why it's important to start incorporating automation and "AI" (it's machine learning). i don't think doctors will be replaced because of the social element
>>
>>13748943
The urgent care needs to refer Pablo to the ER for his checkup, chud. Hospital's gotta get paid somehow.
>>
>>13763800
most likely you are just retarded
>>
>>13771672
there are no long term studies of sufficient size.
well know for sure in 20 years
>>
File: lmoa.png (178 KB, 1059x806)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
Dare I say based?
>>
Within 2-3 months I've gotten a mild fever which lasts a few days and I have a sensitive spot in the lower right abdomen for a little bit longer and then followed by a runny sinus that turns me into a mouth breather overnight so my voice is almost gone and that continues for maybe a week. Never had this until these last 2-3months where's it's happening for the second time. Is this just some unlucky cold or a continuous thing?
>>
>>13773355
Probably.
>>
File: Cringe.jpg (47 KB, 1200x1200)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>Tfw when the personal statement of an applicant uses the story of his friend getting shot so he can gain brownie points with the commitee
>>
>>13773133
Good thing to know what diseases to not study
>>
File: klkl.jpg (28 KB, 500x490)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
Can patients find out my class rank? I don't want them to know I'm a retard.
>>
>>13774683
No, it only shows after you reach Prestige 5
>>
>>13763405
>>13767538
niggas please
>>
File: 1608558188831.gif (1.92 MB, 500x390)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB GIF
>muh pitagora oath means I cure everyone! me no discriminate!
>>even those who don't like questionable injections?
>REEEEEEEEE THEY EBIL THEY SABOTAGE! PEOPLE WAIT IN LONG LINES! ME SKIP!
>>so you don't mind people without the flu, bird flu and swine flu shot? and you also don't mind curing fat people who have been making queues far longer than they should be for decades now?
>REEEEEEEEEEE! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
why are "doctors" like this?
>>
File: 1634793244062.jpg (28 KB, 625x416)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>13774959
You mad bro?
>>
>>13774199
why?
>>
>>13771882
>you think the world is controlled by evil sadists when in reality it's just pragmatists that sometimes get things right.
They're not sadistic, they just don't care, and since pragmatism is inherently subjective, you're correct in the sense they see people as a cattle that serve the purpose that they intend for it, and all the public or private care they get works toward that end. But if your definition of health is "able to work" that's pretty pathetic, would you apply that definition to yourself? And even then, would you look at the medical system and think "Well this is set up so people can keep working, no massive profits to be made here, certainly nobody would have any intention for nefarious schemes here!"? It's not human error that got us shit the like the opioid epidemic, and it's not human error that let's these people choke funding for decades then blame the public when covid "overwhelms" clinics. The average doctor or nurse fucking something up isn't the reason the system is broken, your fancy machine learning won't change that.
>>
>>13774959
>He doesn't know that we doctors make fun of fatties 24/7 and hate them with a passion
Nobody tell him.
>>
File: nc-disco.png (642 KB, 1050x690)
642 KB
642 KB PNG
what should I do if I'm pretty sure I'm developing erectile dysfunction? my stiffies aren't that stiff anymore and cumming feels almost disappointing and frustrating
>>
>>13748190
nice cock
>>
File: fap_2.gif (597 KB, 234x170)
597 KB
597 KB GIF
>>13747742
EM resident here.
What are good titles on invasive and non invasive ventilation?
>>
>>13750662
go to libgen.is and pick up yourself a little textbook
"guyton and hall textbook of medical physiology" comes to mind, go give the first chapter a read and report back here and tell us what you're thinking
>>
>>13770087
here's an advice for you anon, formulate your idea a little more before you post, better yet, here's also another idea: go write your thoughts about the idea down
>>
>>13775936
Retard. People like you are whats wrong with medicine. Reading the fattest book of a subject doesnt automatically make you a good doctor.
I had professors who had no idea how to teach and their slides still had wikipedias hyperlinks in them because they were too stupid to paste as plaintext or edit it afterwards but would recommend the biggest book on the subject for student to study.
>>
>>13775975
Ah, sorry to trip up your traumatic memories anon. But I distinctly remember saying "the first chapter" though, it's only 9 pages long. The anon did mention a history of being in a college, so I assumed he'd be wiser than to try and read the textbook like it was a novel instead of skim-reading it and find the information he's looking for. Well I just picked one random physiology textbook in my pdf folder and thought the first chapter of guyton and hall was a decent introduction to human biology, thus my recommendation.
Now you can go cope about it, or feel free to tell us more about it.
>>
>>13775999
No. Fuck medical school. And fuck boomers.
>>
>>13775867
please help guys
>>
>>13776010
Understandable
t. dealt with countless retarded med prof boomers

There's one time a retard prof just went full schizo and start yelling "WAAAAAAAAAA PLAGIARISM" on top of his lungs because we cited guidelines and other sources that aren't a textbook and accused us all of being plagiarists unless we cite 10 textbooks on the same fucking topic, he was an ophthalmologist, if that mattered. Dunno if ophthalmologists are like this, I used to think that it's only the internal medicine boomers that are the biggest niggers, welp, ophthlamologists are going on the shit list too, and have been in there for quite some time.
>>
>>13775867
>>13776018
Need to do physical exam of your pp and prostate first.
>>
>practising vaginal toucher on fellow medstudents
Wtf is wrong with europe
>>
>>13776326
Never got to. But prostate and vaginal exams were given by specifically designated "teachers" that just begged for fingers to be put in them
>>
can i unbend my cock with stretching?
>inb4 go to doc
yeah can't wait to call a receptionist to book an appointment to ask a doc if i can unbend my cock
>>
>>13776466
Unbend? What the hell are you talking about. You mean get rid of your biologically given curvature?
>>
So what do I do with my MD when I don't match?
>>
There's a fucking vein on my cock that's bulging out from the surface now and it makes it very uncomfortable to masturbate. I've kept jacking off but it only gets worse.

Please help.
>>
>>13776619
it's too much bent. like two radians bent (i used radians because it's bent like a circle). i have seen enough cock to know it's not supposed to be like that
>>
>>13747742
How new must a symptom be in order to be considered "emergent"?

i.e. to be acceptable by an emergency room. What about a precedent or antecedent symptom? For example: What if, while I can't walk now (the new, "emergent" symptom), leading up to recently, I could've had an unsteady gait for how much time? e.g. 1 month prior, 1 week prior, etc., and still likewise be considered "emergent"?
>>
Been doing research in regards to medical DUDE WEED LMAO. Is there any potential in it being used as treatment for chronic pain and/or neurological disorders in the future, or will the side effects forever weigh down any chances it may have?
>>
>>13777012
Stick an epi-pen in it, should solve the issue and prevent any dick-related problems in the future after it takes effect.
>>13777434
>chronic pain
No.
>neurological disorders
Maybe if there's every something discovered with a causal link to low endocannibinoids, but probably not. Even if there were it would most likely be in some isolated oil since inhaling burning plant material isn't really a viable method of administration
>>
Does diet and lifestyle influence things like ADHD, Asperger Syndrome, and depression/anxiety
>>
>>13777503
>does behaviour affect thought
No, anon. Depression, anxiety, ADHD and the 'tism are irreversible organic brain pathologies. Telling people to improve their lifestyles is victim blaming, and the only real cure is Schlomoshekelstein Pharmaceuticals Inc's happy pills, which we need to totally normalize reliance on.
>>
>>13775975
reading a fat book doesn't make you a good doctor, but you aren't a good doctor unless you've enough reasonably fat books
>>
>>13777074
it'll straighten up inside the pussy, don't worry too much about it

also who else here hurt your own prostate whenever you sneeze?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKU0AdOMXLA

Is this what a brain aneurism sounds like?
>>
>>13774959
>muh pitagora oath means I cure everyone! me no discriminate!
triage. google it.
meds. take them.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.