[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: drfridman.png (459 KB, 848x866)
459 KB
459 KB PNG
Diagnosis?
>>
>>13422302
chronic midwitism
>>
i emit precum every time he udders "i find that to be beautiful and intellectually fascinating"
>>
dull personality
cultural dimwit
likely extremely boring and unfulfilling person to be around
>>
Unironically this is what CSfags are all like.
>>
>>13422384
im not like that desu
>>
>>13422386
You are, it is inevitable. Not thinking about nature or art makes you a husk.
>>
>>13422302
I think he very humble and gets more hate then he deserves.
>>
>>13422302
'spergers
>>
>>13422447
>I think he very humble
LMAO fucking narcissist
>>
File: comrade lex.png (271 KB, 564x421)
271 KB
271 KB PNG
>>13422302
He recently lightened up a bit, big move.
>>
i think hes an autist who is socially awkward and doesnt know how to handle his new found "fame". i cant really blame him but its cringy as fuck. watch some of his earlier videos. he can hardly make eye contact
>>
>>13422473
lol you're literally jealous, no one wants to watch your videos nerd
>>
>>13422302
> irregardless
>>
>>13422302
Lex is the slav guy in CS classes who is cool with all the minorities
>>
>>13422302
when he speaks Russian his IQ goes up one thousand points
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XkFY9IsACk
>>
>>13422477
op asked for a diagnosis. hes a good interviewer who hosts good guests. i would never publicly broadcast myself
>>
>>13422473
>i think hes an autist who is socially awkward
>(((Friedman)))
There are 0 socially awkward jews in the world. You are ridiculous.
>>
>>13422302
I honestly feel sorry for him. He wants to be so optimistic about things, but so many interviews (e.g. with Yeonmi Park) visibly tear him down inside. He's realizing that his second home - MIT - has all sorts of shenanigans going on, and the people he looked up to turned out to be corrupt.
Also this >>13422384
He's an absolute midwit, but that's actually why he manages to get such good guests. He's always at the precipice of understanding their point, but needs some guidance from them to reach there, and so it draws out really good exposition for the listener.
>>
>>13422302
people don't like him because he talks weird/awkwardly, but people who believe this are just posh american suburb fags that correct everyone's grammar and not realize they're critiquing someone who speaks two languages.
>>
>>13422525
watch his old interviews
>>
>>13422302
He's too based and redpilled
>>
>>13422459
I liked when he described himself as a peak alpha male
>>
>>13422525
Meds.
>>
>>13422539
Wow 2 languages incredible!
Almost like every single European, and we don't fuck up as much as he does.
>>
>>13422597
>and we don't fuck up as much as he does
Dangerous levels of copium detected
>>
>>13422302
to me, it feels like he acts and speaks too old for his age
>>
>>13422314
/thread
>>
I love him
>>
>>13422302
An actually good guy that unfortunately happened to be born as a jew AND in a family that moved to burgerland. Tragic.
>>
>>13422302
self conscious about his own underachievement
probably as a fear of doing science himself
he can listen and hear the guest and doesn't get lost too easily, his past aside he isn't doing bad that interviews
>>
>>13422613
Indeed, you are clearly coping. I speak 3 languages and I'm working on the 4th. It's not that difficult (unless one is American, apparently).
Even fucking spics can easily learn 2 languages, anon.
>>
>>13422302
People act like Lex Fridman is the only intellectual podcaster around when Curt Jaimungal literally BTFO his out the water
>>
>>13422386
delusion is one of the symptoms
>>
>>13422926
Hi Curt. Just gave a quick look at your videos. Every single one revolves around twitter pseudo-intellectuals. At least lex has some hard science as well.
>>
>>13422926
his topics are not interesting
>>
>>13422926
Boring af and a literal mutt. Disgusting.
>>
>>13422314
this
>>
>>13422926
Both are normie tier mainstream podcast. Their are plenty of actual podcasts, that invite on actual academic, to discuss actual academic research. Both of the ones you listed are pop sci, and they both also have on like new agers and disinfo shills like Rupert Sheldrake and Graham Hancock (which is cool and all, and I support dialogue with people outside of the scientific mainstream, unlike a lot of Redditors on this board, but I think they cover this stuff a little too much).
IF you want to find actual academic podcasts, the you have to do the work and look beyond YouTube and beyond the shit that is popular and being pushed by the algorithms. The algorithms aren't going to push academic content.

Razib Khan has a decent podcast.
>>
>>13423400
t. poo
>>
https://streamable.com/1nhzkm
>>
>>13423400
>>13423420

Razib Khan is good but it's mostly archeogenetics and biology + history book writers. Fridman leans more towards computer science and maths
>>
No one likes a poser or tryhard. If he'd be his own man, doing his own thing, he'd have a nice little fanbase who would enjoy his work. But instead he wants to wildly famous with a following like Joe Rogan has and it is never going to happen. His fans are as bad as he is, attacking everyone who dares criticize Lex, which just makes Lex and his community even less likable. It's like a Chinese finger trap where the more you struggle, the worse it gets.
Lex needs to give up the dreams of Spotify begging to throw tens of millions at him while tens of thousands of fans on message boards discuss his daily activities and favorite hot sauce.
Lex can be a medium fish in a small pond but he wants to be the biggest whale in the ocean. Instead he looks like a crippled shrimp that fell on the floor of an All You Can Eat buffet.
>>
>>13423877
Shut the fuck up LOSER
>>
>>13422314
This. Practically incurable because of too much publicity
>>
Damn I thought the OP troll was bad, but you lot just reminded me of the smell of the city dump.
>>
>>13422302
Bump
>>
>>13422536
Cracked up as a long-time follower of Moldbug when Michael Malice was trying to explain his views to Lex and he uttered the phrase "tanks in Harvard Yard"
>>
>>13422344
what is a fulfilling person to be around? Fulfillment can only ever come from within, not from other people. If you blame other people for being boring, that just shows how empty you yourself are inside.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.