[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1588126651802.png (40 KB, 152x254)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
Suppose time was paused, all of the life on Earth was ripped from it, then (the inorganic rest of) Earth was magically deleted. Then, we take the biomass of Earth and magically clone it until the mass meets that of Earth, then coalesce this mass into a planet and resume time.

What would the timeline of this planet be like? What kinds of life could survive here comfortably?
>>
>>13260758
wow :o
>>
>>13260758
So.. just a big frozen ball of plant matter and gore floating around in space?
>>
>>13260758
It sounds like what you're saying, is what if you magically teleported all of the biomass from the earth, leaving only the nonliving parts behind, and used that to form small planet?
I suppose the minerals and carbon would sink and form a core, surrounded by water and gasses. But there wouldn't be enough gravity to retain the atmosphere.
>>
>>13264822
That's why I mentioned the cloning part. The biomass of Earth wouldn't have nearly enough mass to keep the atmosphere, so I want this planet to have the same mass as Earth so it doesn't just become ice.
>>
Probably just germs and those disgusting little waterbear things. Tiny things that don't need much. Did the atmosphere also leave? Probably I guess, still what I said.
>>
>>13260758
Unironically a massive explosion.
also the moon would be a bunch of tardigrades.
>>
>>13265141
>disgusting little waterbear things
waterbears are cute!
>>
>>13266133
You're either a woman or a plebbitnig.
both are unacceptable.
>>
>>13260758
>take the biomass of Earth and magically clone it until the mass meets that of Earth, then coalesce this mass into a planet
after the explosion and millions of year of constant volcanic activeity you'd have a planet thats very wet, and mostly carbon and calcium.

All of the trace elements in life arent enough to really match that of earth or any planet born from older late generation stars. So by making a planet entirely out of life its going to be more like a chunk of coal than anything else. Also no iron core means no magnetosphere, so yeah.
>>
>>13266139
how can you think they're disgusting? they're basically the epitome of evolution, and damn near indestructible. if you don't find beauty in life evolving into that, you're a brainlet. kys.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.