[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: EWPv8eIb.png (560 KB, 812x1280)
560 KB
560 KB PNG
>Texas governor signs law prohibiting businesses from requiring vaccine passports
https://www.fox7austin.com/news/texas-governor-to-sign-law-prohibiting-businesses-from-requiring-vaccine-passports

how are they gonna make everyone get vaccinated if vaccine passports are illegal?
the vaccine is worthless unless everyone gets it
>>
>>13254902
>Texas governor signs law prohibiting businesses from requiring vaccine passports
Based.
>how are they gonna make everyone get vaccinated if vaccine passports are illegal?
Intense propaganda and fear, same as the last 15 months
>the vaccine is worthless unless everyone gets it
That's not how shit works.
>>
>>13254902
>the vaccine is worthless unless everyone gets it
That's obviously not the case when looking at the statistics for the highly vaccinated countries.
>>
Honestly who cares at this point, let the obese antivax boomers die.
>>
File: vdCxi1he.jpg (62 KB, 828x548)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>13255042
>>
>>13255062
So...you're agreeing that vaccines aren't worthless if not everyone gets vaccinated?
>>
I thought Republicans were against regulating private businesses. Do they not actually have any principles they stand for?
>>
I thought Democrats were against government forcing itself on our bodies. Do they not actually have any principles they stand for?
>>
File: 1601905368311.jpg (222 KB, 937x1171)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>13255113
Where have you been? The 'corporate whore' branch of the republican party is fully on #TeamBiden these days (along with the neocons).
>>
>>13254902
>Texans should have the freedom to go where they want without any limits, restrictions, or requirements.
>Those that don’t comply risk losing state funding for grants or contracts.
Could get interesting. There's already restrictions to where people can go for other reasons, so they're setting a precedent with that wording. It also sounds like there's nothing illegal about asking for vaccination status (not a HIPAA violation), so they may find themselves in court if businesses choose to not adhere.
>>
File: 1623015443038.jpg (143 KB, 1000x563)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>13255146
>It also sounds like there's nothing illegal about asking for vaccination status
He...he literally just signed a law making it illegal. That's what the whole thread is about.
>>
>>13255152
>He...he literally just signed a law making it illegal.
Which is of course why nothing ever goes to court challenging laws, right? They're now potentially infringing on how businesses should be run. I think the state is going to have a hard time enforcing businesses to comply, any actual punishment is likely going to result in a shit show.
>>
>>13255171
Just because something wasn't illegal yesterday doesn't mean it can't be outlawed today. There's no constitutional right to dig through your customer's medical info and open defiance of state law isn't generally a profitable business strategy.
>>
>>13255152
>>13255171
To add to this, Florida's already getting push back from the cruise industry, with several companies threatening to leave Florida if they're fined. It's going to be fun to watch who flinches first.
>>
>>13255062
>got it in January 2020 as soon as it hit NYC since half my coworkers are flying to China constantly
>still had to lock down for a year
I’m still mad
>>
File: 1620997492668.gif (1.79 MB, 320x240)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB GIF
>>13255195
Oh no, not the cruises. What will we do without cruises?
>>
>>13255191
>There's no constitutional right to dig through your customer's medical info
But it's not a HIPAA violation, and a state law doesn't make it so. If it goes to court, the state will need to prove there would be harm in checking vaccination status.

>and open defiance of state law isn't generally a profitable business strategy.
Nor is interfering with the private sector and making it unsuitable to do business in your state.

To be clear, I don't give a shit either way, but there's going to be lawsuits all over the place in the coming months.
>>
>>13255171
By the time it got overruled by a court most of this shit will be over, so it works out either way.
>>
>>13255201
Lose a lot of money?
>>
>>13255205
>But it's not a HIPAA violation, and a state law doesn't make it so.
And shooting someone doesn't violate the IRS code, what's your point?
>>
>>13255223
>And shooting someone doesn't violate the IRS code
You specifically said "no constitutional right to dig through your customer's medical info," but it's specifically not a HIPAA violation, so I don't know what your point is. There's no medical violation occurring, so Texas will never defend it from that angle in court.
>>
>>13255171
>They're now potentially infringing on how businesses should be run
Every single piece legislation infringes on how businesses can be run. Are you actually a stringent libertarian?
>>
>>13255220
Caving to corporations isn't a republican thing anymore.

If you want to live in an apartheid state that bad, Oregon still exists (for the moment)
>>
>>13255233
>Every single piece legislation infringes on how businesses can be run.
And there's frequent lawsuits.
>>
>>13255237
>Caving to corporations isn't a republican thing anymore.
Kek. Let's see if any of the big money makers actually take issue with it. I don't think any politician is going to be willing to throw away a significant amount of money and jobs if it comes to that.
>>
>>13255230
The constitution defines the limits of government power.

It is not unconstitutional for the state of Texas to make it illegal for businesses to demand medical information.

The state of Texas has chosen to do this.

None of this has any-fucking-thing to do with HIPAA.

How is this so difficult?
>>
>>13255171
It will not be overturned in court. Restrictions by business on the rights of the public to participate in the market and freedom of movement due to covid 19 is utterly preposterous.
>>
>>13255171
>They're now potentially infringing on how businesses should be run.
>you must bake the cake bigot
>you may refuse to bake the cake because someone has AIDS/MS/??? and can’t get the vaxx
There is no way to overturn this.
>>
>>13255244
All the "big money and jobs" businesses said from the start they don't give a shit and won't be checking vaccine status. Fucking Carnival Cruise throwing their weight around isn't scaring anyone.

And see Georgia if you want a recent example of how well mass corporate intimidation works on republicans these days.
>>
>>13255247
>It is not unconstitutional for the state of Texas to make it illegal for businesses to demand medical information.
Correct, and that information is covered by HIPAA. If it's not, then it's not protected medical information. Vaccine status is not protected medical information. So on what grounds can Texas claim a violation?
>>
>>13255265
By making a law that says it's a violation
>>
>>13255265
If the reason for your vaccine status is protected (most notably HIV status), then it’s trivial to make the leap that asking for “vaccine status or a reasonable reason for an unvaccinated status” is asking for protected information.
>>
>>13255272
Sure, and they can say walking outside of your house is illegal. Will it hold up in court?
>>
>>13255265
https://legiscan.com/TX/text/SB968/id/2374793

> (c) A business in this state may not require a customer to
> provide any documentation certifying the customer's COVID-19
> vaccination or post-transmission recovery on entry to, to gain
> access to, or to receive service from the business. A business that
> fails to comply with this subsection is not eligible to receive a
> grant or enter into a contract payable with state funds.
>>
>>13255277
Yes, quite obviously it will.
>>
>>13255275
>then it’s trivial to make the leap
I've yet to find any lawyer stating this is plausible. You're not asking for HIV status, you're asking for a yes/no to vaccination status, and I'm sure there would be official exemptions (essentially "yes" without actually being vaccinated).
>>
>>13255277
Explain how Texas forbidding businesses from asking for vaccine status would be overturned
>>
>>13255277
Retarded analogy aside, where have you been the last 15 months?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/court-upholds-newsoms-use-of-emergency-powers-during-covid-19-outbreak
https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/court-of-appeals-upholds-whitmers-emergency-powers
>>
>>13255047
So at least 60 percent of mutts who are obese in USA will die?
>>
>>13255137
Basado und redpilado
>>
>imagine unironically thinking a company will take government to an expensive court battle to gain the right to bother their customers
state of shills these days
>>
>>13255285
Vaccine status is not protected by HIPAA and the business is protecting its employees and customers.
>>
>>13255297
>business is protecting its employees and customers
If they're vaccinated already, what are they protected from?
>>
>>13255286
Seems like the court is willing to error on the side of safety, no?
>>
>>13255295
>imagine not following the news to know this is already happening in other states
>>
>>13255301
That would be for the courts to decide. :-)
>>
>>13255301
>crickets
>>
>>13255297
HIPAA is a federal law. Are you foreign? Do you not understand how American governance works? In order for this to be overturned, it would need to go against the Texas State Constitution. Federal law code does not matter here.
>>
>>13255312
>In order for this to be overturned, it would need to go against the Texas State Constitution.
So what does Texas' state constitution say about medical information?
>>
>>13255297
>still bringing up muh HIPAA
Holy fuck, you're just genuinely retarded. Even a literal chink shill would have more basic logical ability than this. I'm done.

>>13255304
>yay corporate fascism!
>yay frivolous lawsuits!
bootlicker

>>13255316
https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/SDocs/THETEXASCONSTITUTION.pdf
Please point out the section you think this violates.
>>
>>13255316
What matters is what it says the Texas state can do. To my knowledge, the Texas constitution allows the government of Texas the power to forbid businesses from asking for vaccine information
>>
>>13255318
https://www.hhs.texas.gov/laws-regulations/legal-information/hipaa-privacy-laws
https://www.law.uh.edu/healthlaw/perspectives/privacy/010830texas.html
https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/HS/htm/HS.181.htm

There's Texas medical statutes. Pretty much aligns with HIPAA. Nothing protecting against sharing of vaccination status. So Texas just created a law that isn't even in compliance with its own Medical Records Privacy Act.
>>
>>13255318
Moron. I said this already >>13255205. I'm finding the whole situation hilarious, and its telling that people are throwing a tantrum because I said I'd have fun watching it unfold.
>>
>>13255324
>>13255327
>Holy fuck, you're just genuinely retarded.
>>
>>13255324
Well now there's a new law stipulating businesses may not inquire to covid-19 vaccination status
>>
>>13255330
Okay, let's just end this with one final question. Do you believe there will be no lawsuits?
>>
>>13255331
And the new law is based on the protection of medical rights, which their own law protecting medical rights doesn't take issue with. Having laws that disagree with each other is an issue.
>>
>>13255332
Obviously, there's retarded frivolous lawsuits over everything. If that's what you need to cling to to help you cope then good for you.
>>
>>13255338
>If that's what you need to cling to to help you cope then good for you.
Cope with what? My very first post said this would be interesting because lawsuits would be coming. I said nothing about who would or wouldn't win, just that it's going to be a shit show. Why the need to throw a tantrum because someone said lawsuits would be coming?
>>
>>13255309
Sure but you're still allowed to have an opinion. Or are you stumped?
>>
>>13255337
Well, now the law says businesses cannot require covid-19 vaccination information. This does not violate the Texas state constitution. It will not be overturned.
>>
>>13255337
Since we've already established what a brilliant legal mind you have, please point out the specific part(s) of the new and old laws that you think are in conflict.

>>13255345
>>
>>13255350
>Well, now the law says
Which law? The new law, or the old law which is still in effect? Which law do you follow? You can't follow both laws at the same time, because one conflicts with the other.
>>
>>13255353
>>
>>13255356
The new law, you retarded foreigner. Learn basic American civics.
>>
>>13255356
Holy fucking shit, one last time you literal fucking tard.

Just because Law A doesn't outlaw something doesn't mean they can't later pass Law B that does outlaw it.

The law against murder doesn't make it illegal for me to walk into Wells Fargo and steal a million dollars. That does not make the law against bank robbery invalid.
>>
>>13255368
>The law against murder doesn't make it illegal for me to walk into Wells Fargo and steal a million dollars.
But if you have a law against murder, and then pass another law saying murder is legal, while the old law is still in effect, you have an issue.
>>
File: DP8DkLIh.jpg (64 KB, 690x661)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>
>>13255376
Please stop
>>
>>13255376
What does that analogy translate to in this case? There's no law that says it's okay to ask for vaccine info
>>
>>13255361
>old law says its fine
>new law says its not
>old law still exists
"We were just following the original law that is still in effect, your honor."
>>
>>13255402
>old law says its fine
It doesn't though
>>
Lefties suddenly care about individual business rights when the business wants to enforce commie bullshit

They still need to bake the fucking cake tho
>>
File: dead faggot.jpg (73 KB, 741x500)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>13255504
>>
>>13254902
We've had this law in Mexico for like 20 years, since superstitious/paranoid conspiratards would deny entry to businesses to HIV+ people. It's illegal to deny business to someone based on their medical history, and you are not obliged to ever answer said questions, except if dictated by a court.
Welcome to the third world, Americans.
>>
>>13256130
>look how progressive and liberal we are!
la di dah pablo
>>
>>13256130
>deny entry to businesses to HIV+ people
based
don't want you dripping your faggotized blood on my property
>>
>>13254902
>pic
lmao, copium overdose
>>
>>13256140
>Civil rights are a Jewish/commie/LBRL plot
Mongoloid.
We also have no criminal penalty for piracy without distribution, we can't be denied business or insurance because of our genetics, we have free healthcare (with private option), and the government recognized deletion of social media as a form of censorship.
You guys are laughably behind.
>>
>>13256152
*cartman voice*
You guys are... brown shitskins...
>>
>>13256152
Then why are y'all spicoids desperately trying to cross the border lmao
>>
I'm so glad I'm not American where everything is centered around being a democrat or republican.
>>
>>13256152
Non-biodegradable plastics are also illegal. Lol.
Half of Congress must be female, and people under accusations of rape are not allowed to run for office (these last two are retarded,but whatever).
We don't just spend our time eating burritos, you know.
>>
>>13256164
Economy. We have a de facto non existent minimum wage. And half the country (south)
Lives in absolute poverty.
>>
>>13256172
tbqh wearing sombreros and drinking tequila is preferable to adopting gay libcuck laws
>>
>>13256172
>Half of Congress must be female, and people under accusations of rape are not allowed to run for office
oh is that why mexico is such a shithole? it's run by women while the cartel men do whatever the fuck they want?
>>
>>13256182
Also, weed possession under a certain amount (100 grams I think) is not a crime. Lol lol lol.
>>
Being anti-vaxx is virtue signalling for the right.
>>
>>13256180
> Economy
you mean greed
>>
>>13256167
Even things like religion and diet are being centered around democrat and republican. People treat you like you can’t be a real Democrat if you aren’t a atheist and vegan who thinks there are 72+ genders, and treat you like you are not a real republican if you aren’t a Bible believing Christian, all science is evil and eat mainly meat.

Crazy how polarized shit’s gotten.
>>
>>13255047
Ivermectin
>>
File: USAraggare.jpg (714 KB, 1200x800)
714 KB
714 KB JPG
>>13256182
>>
>>13255113

A false comparison and you don't even understand why (it's simple, and no, I'm not going to spoonfeed you).
>>
>>13254902
Holy based I'd move to Texas if it wasn't full of Mexicans.
>the vaccine is worthless
/thread
>>
File: 1605288270140.jpg (2.64 MB, 2000x2000)
2.64 MB
2.64 MB JPG
Why are republicans so stupid?
>>
>>13260208
What a bunch of fucking morons.
>>
>>13255137
the left doesn't have principles
>>
>>13255289
Hopefully
>>
>>13255220
The companies probably aren't even based in Florida and NONE of the boats are registered in the US so they can pay less than minimum wage to staff. The downside to dodging taxes and labour lawns is that if you aren't actually contributing yo an economy you don't have much leverage when it lawyers up against you.
>>
File: vaxxed_cartoon_web.jpg (863 KB, 2040x1456)
863 KB
863 KB JPG
>>
>>13254902
Texas governor is retarded what else is new?
>>
>>13254902
>don't ban my president from twitter
>don't ask for a covid vax passport
So much for conservatives being for businesses having the freedom to do what they want.
>>13255062
Lolbertarians are not a valid source.
>>13254908
>mutt gibberish: the post
>>
>>13261868
u mad lol
>>
>>13261798
Attracting tourists to the state surely benefits the state's economy.
>>
I have not and will never volunteer to be a lab rat for experimental vaccines. But I self identify as being vaccinated. Anyone says I haven't been vaccinated are now TERF bigots.
>>
File: tran.jpg (105 KB, 800x650)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>13263834
>>
>>13255220
Works both ways.
>>
>>13256167
One-party system is better than two-party system: no hurdles at all!
>>
Implying that there are businesses eager to push vaxx/masks. Drop the state mask requirement and 90+% of businesses will forget it next day.
>>
>>13255047
I am already 0.01% dead.
>>
>>13264567
you were 0.01% dead before you were a week old, human lifespan is about 30k days
>>
>>13255265
You are the maximum fucking retard holy shit
>>
>>13255195
It gets even better. Florida, afraid of losing the cruise industry, is taking the CDC to court so they'll drop the restrictions.
>>
ITT: Nobody knows what HIPAA is, or why it's perfectly legal for any entity to ask for your vaccination record.

Also ITT: Retards who are against government interference in private business celebrating a government interfering with private businesses.
>>
>>13259977
A false comparison requires there to be a comparison. There is no such comparison.
>>
This is bullshit and I even agree with the decision
Fuck this interfering govt bullshit
t. ancap
>>
>imagine taking the mystery filth
>>
File: nou.jpg (31 KB, 640x454)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>13264722
>>
>>13254902
that picture is literally incomprehensible Qtard garbage, takes me back to 4 seasons from 6 months ago
>>
>>13256164
ever read a history book? the US has consistently taken over or destroyed any advantage latin american countries had had
>inb4 stop blaming us!
not ALL misery can be blamed on the US government, but surely a big part of it CAN.
>>
>>13266460
that was such an entertaining trainwreck
>>
>>13266460
kek
>>
>>13266806
when are you going to commit honor suicide to right the wrongs?
>>
>>13264752
>Retards who are against government interference in private business celebrating a government interfering with private businesses
Shallow critique. Every single law is government interference in private business. One can be opposed to government interference as a general rule and support in certain cases, in fact that's the rational way to be
>>
>>13267998
after you suck my dick and bend over, you fucking nonsensical bot.
>>
>>13266806
So the spics trying to cross the border from your utopia to our third world hellhole are time travellers from history?
>>
I thought this board was smarter than all other boards, but having to spoonfeed retards on historical is just too much.

>>13268067
no, they are the result of foreign policy, you retarded faggot. same as muslims and africans in europe.
>>
>>13268076
>no, they are the result of foreign policy
Is your country a shithole or not?
>>
>>13268080
mine isn't. murica otoh surely is.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.