[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Got into 3 prestigious master’s programs for cs, cs, and data science.

My instinct is to go for the better cs one but every single Mormon acquaintance is telling me data science is the future and shit like that. It is mostly a meme, right? What program would you choose if you were me? Ivy league cs, Top 5 cs(better), Ivy League data science.

>inb4 they’re all memes
>>
>>12944294
*normie not Mormon
>>
>>12944294
"acquaintance" always give shit advices
>>
>>12944294
go for Ivy League CS, Data Science IS where the money is and is the future but doing a masters in Data Science is a meme because you basically learn the key consepts in CS anyway. Further note: When Data Science becomes fully automated, you'll need that CS masters to still have a job
>>
>>12944294
If academia floats your boat, I'd go with the CS
If you want to work in industry, I'd go with the data science
>>
>>12944314
Hmm, you’re probably right. Most employers will see the Ivy League name and equate it to more quality than what they would with the other degree
>>
>>12944294
Talking to Mormons is your first and greatest mistake
>>
>>12944294
Wasting your education, let alone an Ivy League education on computer science is pretty fucking stupid
You studied amongst labs that decoded the human genome and split the atom and decided instead to write better indexes for e-commerce and ad companies to sell clickbait and toilet paper
>>
>>12944294
cs -> datascience so there's no point of doing pure datascience.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.