[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>all that matters is evolution, passing on your genes and survival of the fittest
>except for humans! you can be whatever you make up in your mind! just mutilate yourself and remove yourself from the genepool lol
What's the explanation for the hypocrisy of contemporary society in regards to evolution and humans? Is it justified and if not what can be done about it?
>>
>>12744200
The left has a big fundamental problem with darwinism and genetics, as it conflicts directly with equality, but somehow they managed to never see it. S. J. Gould is the only one who cares to harmonize it, though very awkwardly.
>>
>>12744200
Reminder that Bill Nye has no children and that his line will die with him.
>>
If people willingly remove themselves from the gene pool then I have no problem with that. It means less competition.
>>
>>12744213
They reproduce by molesting your children.
>>
>>12744219
who is "they"
>>
>>12744273
The subject of the thread.
>>
>>12744277
soiciety?
>>
>>12744208
>Bill Nye has no children
Confirmed homosexual.
>>
>>12744219
this
>>
>>12744385
Nye has more the Uncle Knobby look about him.
>>
Interesting that the only people that stop to question how evolution applies among humans are immediately labeled the least evolved
>>
>>12744200

Why should you need justification to encourage people to remove themselves from the gene pool?
I can't see any hypocrisy here
>>
>all that matters is evolution, passing on your genes and survival of the fittest
But it literally does not matter.
>>
>>12744200
Bruh what?? I can't even begin to deconstruct this post due to how idiotic your point is, lmao.
Evolution is not some law that our society should follow, it happens regardless of what you're taught or whatever.
>>
>>12744208
Thank god.
>>
>you can be whatever you make up in your mind!
If you do and don't die, than you won.
>>
>>12744761

it matters to us!
>>
>>12744283
Fags and dickless fags
>>
>>12744780
>bruh
>lmao
>whatever
Go back
>>
>>12744781
Yes I'm kinda jealous of future generations as the only soicucks they'll know will be old lonely farts
>>
>>12744780
dilate
>>
>>12744200
organic life is a dead end anyway. imagine caring about genepools when you can be living energy possessing mighty swarm of nanomachines that can form a body of 50 feet gorilla.
>>
>>12744200
cause suffering is shit and i dont want my children to suffer, the only way to assure this is to not have them
>>
>>12744200
procreating is an animal thing, dont be an animal, overcome the animal
>>
>>12744200
because the "omg science" crowd aren't really about science. To them its a religion they follow, since Christianity isn't trendy anymore. It's got all the attributes of Protestantism, except the lore is changed a bit. You have "muh liberty and freedom", climate change functions as the Apocalypse, and the scientists are the new clergy to them. The scientists speak DA TRUTH and don't you dare question them, you blasphemer! Most of these people couldn't tell you what the scientific method is.
>>
>>12745821
meine Respektierung
>>
>>12745851
Can confirm, my parents talk up science so damn much. They treat Neil Degrasse Tyson as the GOAT. I asked them what the scientific method was and my Dad just started sperging out buzz words about. outer space.
>>
>>12744200
It seems to be a problem with left wing political theories. I think it only became popular because it triggered the shit out of theists and it has no intellectual depth beyond that.
>>
>>12745879
this. Most of this shit came out of the US, where people think that you can only belong to one of the two political parties in the world. Since there are many christians among the republicans, the democrats took the diametrically opposite stance that has the same inconsistencies and hypocrisy that people they oppose do. Basically Bill Nye is the liberal equivalent of a creationist.
>>
>>12745836
Breathing is an animal thing. Kindly stop breathing.
>>
>>12745891
It does seem to be part of a belief system because the moment you start talking about human evolutionary adaptions they think you will turn into their version of the devil.
>>
>>12745896
i cant, there are processes you can and you cant control
>>
>>12744200
The one thing liberal evolutionists and conservative creationists can agree on is that humans don't evolve. To the fuck yeah svience crowd rvolution isn't a process, it's a religious origin story, and humans are no longer part of the process because we are special
>>
>>12746150
t. never read a biology book in his life
>>
>>12745836
>overcome the animal
Not a thing
Also animal is the best thing you can be in this universe afawk
>>
>>12746087
Thankfully you are blessed with tool use and can stop your breathing with some rope
>>
>>12746172
If you had reading comprehension you'd recognize I was trashing people who haven't
>>
>>12744200
If your existence boils down to passing your genes, then you are a , for a lack of a better word - an insect.

Sure, having children for the sake of passing down knowledge, ideas and your views of the world, that's questionable - but understandable. But if your life is all about multiplying, then you have more in common with the niggers and pajeets which will run this planet to its demise. Isaac Newton never had children, and yet he has left more behind then any breeder on earth. His name and the repercussions of his contributions will outlive any wretched copies you make of yourself, you are a mere slave to a billion animals that came before you, tricked into believing that "you" is actually an entity, and not just an average of a billion other people who thought their genes were special.
>>
>>12744200
>Science serving the common good
>Science pursuing truth, saving the world
>>
I'm willingly removing myself from the gene pool because I have multiple chronic diseases. I don't want my children to suffer my fate. Fuck nature and fuck my genes. Shame that this also makes it likely that I will die alone.
>>
>>12744200
>all that matters is evolution, passing on your genes and survival of the fittest except for humans
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>12744200
>What's the explanation for the hypocrisy
It's not really hypocrisy. Just people misunderstanding what life is about. There have been so many evolutionary dead ends in the history of life. Failing to understand what life is about and going with "do whatever you want" will be just another evolutionary dead end on a very long list.
>>
>>12747400
>If your existence boils down to passing your genes, then you are a , for a lack of a better word - an insect.
Future generations will be made of insects, then.
>>
basedence
basedjak

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.