[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: unnamed.jpg (62 KB, 512x512)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
This man has published papers in Nature Chemistry (IF > 20), Science, and a shit ton of other high tier scientific journals besides working in strong universities his entire life.

Yet the average undergrad here immediately thinks they know better.

Scientifically speaking, why are you this fucking stupid?
>>
>being a chemist qualifies you to talk about topics outside of chemistry
Brainlet
>>
>>12733291
Its because this dude is buyable and likes to delettes videos inwhich he was bought
>>
>>12733305
He always sticks to things that he might be using in chemistry. You think chemists don't have to study statistics, thermodynamics, etc? Did you pass calculus 101 already?
>>12733306
What's some examples of this? Honest question.
>>
>>12733315
What are some examples?
>>
>>12733315
>He always sticks to things that he might be using in chemistry
Explain what his videos about musk have to do with chemistry
>>
>>12733291
Credentials ≠ Intelligence.
>This man has published papers in Nature Chemistry (IF > 20), Science, and a shit ton of other high tier scientific journals besides working in strong universities his entire life.
Sucking dick is only an accomplishment to those who compete in that exact tournament.
>>
>>12733315
he's a gamergater, lolololol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuRSaLZidWI
>>
>>12733349
Based.
>>
>>12733291
>Yet the average undergrad here immediately thinks they know better.

You don't need to know anything to realize he's handwaving everything spacex does as hard as he can.

Also he thinks price = costs. Being a good chemist doesn't teach you economics 101.
>>
>>12733349
My dog is also more likeable than anita sarkeesian but he's not an expert on anything
>>
>>12733387
He's an expert in contrarian wankery.
>>
>>12733291
He trashes Elon Musk. That is a big no-no for /soi/
>>
>>12733291
Idk who this is
>got in an Uber before covid and the driver was a PhD in chemistry
>PhD programs let a lot of odd people in, it is not about intelligence, it is about if you are willing to slave away for years in a lab.
>>
File: 1559278419753.png (533 KB, 586x514)
533 KB
533 KB PNG
>>12733291
Cope, seethe and dilate.
>>
>>12733432
There is literally nothing more /reddit/ onions than getting excited about space exploration. I'm not sure what you're on.
>>
>>12733315
>He always sticks to things that he might be using in chemistry. You think chemists don't have to study statistics, thermodynamics, etc? Did you pass calculus 101 already?
His videos oh Hyperloop contained plenty of mechanics claims. His videos on COVID-19 contained plenty of epidemiology claims.
>>
>>12733291
Take a shot every time he says thermodynamics
>>
File: 1529591029598.jpg (52 KB, 903x960)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>12733535
>There is literally nothing more /reddit/ onions than getting excited about space exploration
>>
File: nuke.jpg (43 KB, 500x625)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>12733535
>There is literally nothing more /reddit/ onions than getting excited about space exploration. I'm not sure what you're on.
I only get excited about it envisioning what actually useable technology we might get out of it.
First space race brought us plenty of new toys to distract ourselves from the banity of our existence. I can only hope this one brings more.
Also, the pie in the sky hypothetical of ravaging the resources of limitless space instead of our own dying planet is pretty much the only scenario where we don't end up hellscaping this godforsaken rock in the next couple hundred years or so.
>>
>>12733291
He is completely right about things like the hyper loop. The costs are astronomic, and if you want it to work proper they are even more.
So would it be to install an eclectic grid if you never have done it before.
If the people don't want to drive the hyper loop for what ever reasons your invested billions for nothing.
I still believe his musk issue is down to personal feeling. But in one point he is right, to build things like this will cost much more as musk wants to admit.
>>
File: 1613163074295.png (61 KB, 670x632)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
Money is the only measure of intelligence that matters.
>inb4 inheritance
Their parents were intelligent.
>>
>>12735633
The opposite is true at least to a certain extent. A farmer can be dirt poor and have a lot of general intelligence, while a billionaire can just be born into wealth and at most have limited knowledge specialized to one company to maintain their profit. Empires always crumble when elite know-nothings think they're smarter than the farmers and start acting on it.
>>
>>12733291
Why are you sucking his cock?
Are you gay?
You like eating cum and guzzling another man's shit in your mouth?
>>
>>12735633
Capitalism is gods way of separating the rich from the stupid.
>>
>>12735633
>Yeah I won the lotto, im a fucking genius. 10000000000% return, im better than every hedge fund on the planet lmao.
>>
>>12735711
Capitalism succeeded feudalism, allowing the affluent to make money off the backs of those who work for a living.
>>
>>12733315
What does Brexit have to do with chemistry?
>>
>>12735728
t. math degree barista
>>
>>12735633
this would trigger so many people i know
>>
>>12735570
Imagine being this much of a faggot
>>
>>12735725
>Yeah I lost all the money within a year. That doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>12735725
Most people who win the lotto end up losing most of the money, precisely because they were dumb to play the lotto in the first place
>>
>>12733291
This anon believes in the sanctity of academia outside of a predatory shit show that enables people to take advantage of undergrads and grads at every level while the academic elite shit out mediocre works and get to pretend they are high end.

why do popsci fags believe that everything is as it appears?
>>
>>12733291
So who is this guy? Sounds like the /pol/ligence here is very split about the guy.
>>
>>12733315
>>sticks to chemistry
>>majority videos about why religion bad and religious people stupid
Yeah, ok buddy.
I guess computer science majors might as well start shitting on how geology is fake and gay or something
>>
>>12733291
The average undergrad knows, on average, at least as much as him on stuff he hasn't specifically published about.
>>
>>12733291
you assume that his research is good because the initial hill-climbing to learn what it's about (jargon, formulae, data analysis methods) would take like 15 hours. Conveniently this is enough of a barrier to prevent nearly anybody from looking into his specific niche research, so it's not actually known whether he's a real expert on what he publishes or not. And people are even LESS likely to repeat his experiments.
>>
File: 1493440653368.jpg (12 KB, 200x200)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>12733291

/sci/ is an emotional place, that's why.

Speaking as a psychopath, the hate Thunderchad isn't a very curious phenomenon. It's the same reason why Tim Dillon shits on the Weinsteins. You've got persons who are bitter that others are bitter about others being bitter, and so the chain of bitterness continues.

It's kind of entertaining to watch. Somewhat. These threads are useful reminders as to why we can't have nice things.

The key is to not get mad about it. GL with that.
>>
>>12733393
one of us!
>>
Since this is the only chemistry related thread?
>>12737927
It would be a 10mg/ml concentrate
>>
>>12733291
Literally who
>>
>>12740190
The man that keeps BTFOing Elon Musk
>>
bamp
>>
bomp
>>
>>12733291
Musk is a bullshit artist.
Thunderf00t is bitter because he’s not a millionaire.
>>
File: smart jew.jpg (6 KB, 196x257)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>12733291
Because his field isn't the field which it self researches intelligence. Intelligence has different qualities such as verbal or logical. You take into account of knowledge on the other hand. For him it focused on chemistry while for me, I study multiple topics. Taking into account of my IQ and the vastness of my knowledge. I am smarter then this """""""englishman""""""""".
>>
>>12733291
I have you know I have watched 50+ CRH vids, every Vsauce vid multiple times, 6 bill bye vids, a couple books and have been lurking /pol/ for a while now. /pol/ knowledge of aryan anthropology out do any scientizes. Try test me at a game of checkers nigga, I'll win.
>>
Bimp
>>
>>12744669
You will never be smarter than the jew, goy.
>>
>>12733535
I thought in these terms too, until someone from /pol/ pointed out that the only way we're getting a white ethnostate is if they build it in space.
>>
>>12733315
People who haven't ever seen a phd outside his class are like this anon here. I've met plenty of phds and most of them have undergrad level or lower of understanding in fields not met everyday at work. That's a fact. Unless you assist in lectures, you may find your knowledge quickly decaying
>>
>>12733305
this, OP is a faggot
>>
>>12741682
yeah like when he said that a rocket first stage would never land autonomously and it was stupid to believe it was possible
>>
>>12733291
How do you now whether or not undergrads immediately know better? Have you read his papers, analyzed all relevant issues yourself, and then polled undergrads to see what they think, finding that undergads conformed to the truth more?
>>
>trump derangement syndrome
>fervent anti-Brexit
>covid scaremonger
>shits on Musk even when he is doing something right
>sort of a scientific fundamentalist
This guy should stick to his solvated electrons, indeed.
>>
File: Nigel won.jpg (38 KB, 631x473)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>12745067
this
but I put up with him since he does actual scientific experiments I can learn from.
https://youtu.be/LmlAYnFF_s8

I hope ThunderF00t is wrong and Elon gets us to Mars.
Also Brexit happened
>>
>>12733291
>Yet the average undergrad here immediately thinks they know better.
I graduated and still think he's dumb. What now?
>>
>>12733349
Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>12733349
Dilate.
>>
File: brainlet.jpg (382 KB, 2700x1855)
382 KB
382 KB JPG
>>12735696
>while a billionaire can just be born into wealth and at most have limited knowledge specialized to one company to maintain their profit
>>
>>12744803
He said he doubted whether it would accomplish the goal of making rockets multiple times cheaper to launch which SpaceX has yet to show. Almost like there is a trend with bullshit and Elon Musk
>>
>>12733347
>Credentials ≠ Intelligence.
Ya thats why he published papers in top journals because those are accomplishments in science not credentials which signify intelligence you jealous brainlet
>>
>>12733291
Fuck off Phil, go back to beating dead horses like solar roadways or creationism
>>
>>12733291
I thought it was a joke. "This mop head has done all this, you haven't bla bla bla".

He looks like chief ass licker to me, just to score good boy points. All his published material is probably heavy confirmatory work on other's works. He looks like he doesn't mind stroking egos for rep. Reddit tier.
>>
>>12735781
300k starting
>>
>>12733349
Oh, that just makes me like him then
>>
>>12735633
Money and intelligence correlate inversely if anything. The main path to wealth is immorality, a lack of dignity, a lack of principles, an obedient enthusiasm for work and participation in society (in other words, extroversion). There is no greater indication that a person is a worthless unintelligent parasite than financial success. Handsome men - the least intelligent demographic of humanity - are literally handed success through means like pic related.
There may have been a time when capitalism rewarded intelligent, decent people but it’s long past by now.
>>
>>12746174
Handsome men also tend to be more intelligent. You're just coping.
>>
>>12746174
>There is no greater indication that a person is a worthless unintelligent parasite than financial success.
You must never been around poor people
>>
>>12746183
stop projecting anon. there’s no good looking person who has made a respectable contribution to humanity, who can write skillfully, who has earned their wealth in a way that reflects integrity. they are pretty much all dim extroverted parasites who leech off of hard workers.
>>
>>12735633
how is it even possible to believe this today kek
I get before the internet how stupid people could think money = intelligence, but now? In the age of rappers and onlyfans whores and clickbait you tubers? Money = smart is the most insane cope I’ve ever run into. It comes from a desperation to believe in meritocracy when the truth is literally the exact opposite. I guess acknowledging that success comes mainly to the stupid and evil is a short step from nihilism which is why cowardly sheep tend to be in denial
also lol @ a “science” board defending wealthy people. symptom #3001 of the pol infestation. insects that deserve to be smashed.
>>
>>12735633
>editing an article to say the opposite of what its contents PROVED
butthurt leech networker made this image. so glad science is starting to attack thieving business sub humans
>>
>>12746174
if you look at pewdiepie’s early ‘content’ he was basically humiliating himself with shameless and unfunny videos, but while being attractive. this made him rich. the privilege of attractive people may very well be the most evil social issue of our time. fucking insane how you can be the exact opposite of a person who deserves any kind of success, but if you’re attractive you will have it anyway. this world brings bile into my throat. hopefully soon mass resentment/awakening will utterly destroy people like this
>>
>>12746213

Money does equal intelligence, emotional intelligence by playing the land instead of climbing mountains.

You knows the scariest? Attractive women with both high iq and eq...
>>
>>12746248
People with emotional intelligence are those with empathy and humility who dedicate their lives to charitable acts and passion. There are 0 emotionally intelligent wealthy people. Being a thieving extroverted slimebag interviewee is not EQ.
>>
I think a great analogy is self colonization.

Assuming there is no "white slave traders on ship". The average person tries to enslave as much fellow humans in a effort for money/energy.

If there was a dystopic entity in hyperspace, we would not be making it difficult,
>>
>>12746259
No, empathy is basically a way figure out the subject wants so you can market something to them.
>>
>>12746271
what an insanely evil and pathetic point of view. I feel sorry for you
>>
>>12733349
>he's a gamergater, lolololol
of course he is.
he is an empiricist.
feminists have completely counter enlightenment epistemology now.
>>
>>12746276

If you didnt feel shit would you still do feel good actions?

Its biologies way of promoting social coorperation because of how we evolved, besides energy its mostly social points.
>>
File: 1499813490165.png (768 KB, 1884x735)
768 KB
768 KB PNG
>>12733305
i don't care about credentials, if a person actually does things the scientific way showing math, formulas, data tables, etc and they also understand theories well then they are competent. very very few youtubers do this. hours of fruitless arguing is more interesting to the public than mathematical modelling. yes matholger and numberphile are objectively better than thunderf00t
>>
>>12745530
seethe and cope
>>
>>12733306
Why doesn't Elon Musk buy him out, since thunderchad keeps tearing him up
>>
he does have a thicc neck tho
>>
>>12733291
literally who?
>>
>>12733291
his videos are structured like he's a schizo
replaying same clips over and over and over again for no fucking reason
>>
What are the odds that he has ever had a nipple of a live willing female human in his mouth?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.