[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

If later down the road of our history we create an EXACT same copy of our own universe, inside a quantum computer, does it means the universe was destined to exist all along and we are in an infinite loop?

This thought is stuck with me.
>>
File: 1589022425043.jpg (3.92 MB, 8444x10000)
3.92 MB
3.92 MB JPG
>>11855507

>Universe & Simulation theory

>If later down the road of our history we create an EXACT same copy of our own universe, inside a quantum computer, does it means the universe was destined to exist all along and we are in an infinite loop?

>This thought is stuck with me.
>>
it's impossible to simulate an entire universe exactly like ours within our own universe. The idea behind simulation theory is that each simulation is necessarily less complex than the one it came from. So to answer your question, yes, if the thing you said that wasn't possible were actually possible anything could happen because why not
>>
>>11855507
>If later down the road of our history we create an EXACT same copy of our own universe, inside a quantum computer,
Not possible, you can't simulate more than slightly less than the equivalent amount of mass. An exact copy of our universe on a quantum computer, IS our universe.
>>
>>11855507

We cannot even simulate a dot of our universe. Our universe is infinite. Requires infinite processing at all points. The Universe alone is the perfect Turing Machine.
>>
>>11855820
This
>>
>>11855507
This isnt science. This goes on paranormal.

How can you prove you're in a simulation without breaking it ?
>>
>>11855558
I can simulate your perception of this universe and it's enough.
>>
I think we are just a side effect of a simulation and the creator didn't even noticed our existence.
When you train a neural network or raise a bunch of bacteria, do you remember every little detail that only happens 1 out of 10^64 time?
No. And that's it.
>>
>>11855507
Its the most likely scenario
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_return
>>
>>11855991
It's not more likely than any other scenario.
Literally no basis.
>>
>>11855507
>does it means the universe was destined to exist all along and we are in an infinite loop?
It doesn't necessarily imply that at all

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.