[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 16 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Where the fuck I am.png (25 KB, 1000x750)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
Just a few minutes ago, you finished your preparations for a free-for-all on Rust. Somehow, you are now in an unfamiliar place, with no resemblance to the mission briefing.
Mysterious people all around, frozen, with cobblestone streets and patchy wooden buildings. There is not much else to look at, as you too are currently frozen in place.

But not for long, as a timer is counting down

Choose your next move:
>Something is not right here... (Investigate your surroundings)
>Eh, it kinda looks like Favela. (Time to kill)
>Write in
>>
File: Perk.png (37 KB, 1200x750)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
And also, pick a perk in each category (one from each color)
>>
>>5469665
>>Something is not right here... (Investigate your surroundings)
>>5469667
What do they do, and what they are called?
>>
>>5469665
>Something is not right here... (Investigate your surroundings)

>Marathon
>Lightweight
>Commando
>>
>>5469665
>>Eh, it kinda looks like Favela. (Time to kill)
>>
>>5469667
>>5469677

Marathon - Unlimited sprint
Sleight of Hand - Faster reloading
Scavenger - Resupply from dead bodies

Stopping Power - Increased bullet damage
Lightweight - Move faster
Cold Blooded - Invisible to thermal and killstreaks

Commando - Increased melee lunge distance
Ninja - Invisible to heartbeat sensors
Sitrep - Detect enemy traps and tactical insertions

These perks also have upgrades, but we are not at that point yet
>>
Im letting the vote run for five ish minutes, then im writing next post
>>
File: 1.png (25 KB, 1000x750)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
Everything turned weirder by the second, as colour came to the world. Exotic people talking in foreign languages walk down the streets. You consider talking to some of them, but you get the feeling there would be no point. You decide to look around for a bit, for someone that seems more approacheable, and maybe some inner confidence.

1/2
>>
File: 2.png (18 KB, 1000x750)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
Further down the path, a somewhat bigger building stands out: It has a sign of sorts above its door, with some people going in, some coming out. Perhaps it is a business of sorts? It has a person standing next to the entrance. Along the wall, there is two people talking. Some of their words seem similar-ish to other words you recognize
There is also a sign on the crossroad, with arrows pointing in directions. You cant understand whatever is on it.
You notice a person witha blue pointy hat looking at you. He holds this look for a few seconds, smiles, then looks somewhere else.

Where do you investigate?
>Check the building
>Approach red hat dudes
>Approach blue hat guy
>Write in

2/2
>>
Im letting the perk vote stay open for a bit longer
>>5469667
>>5469692
>>
>>5469746
Let it rip on the red hat dudes
>>
>>5469837
>Let it rip
As in, killing them? Pls clarify if thats not what you meant
>>
>>5469746
>check the building
>>
>>5469860
Yes. Kill them all.
>>
Letting vote run for 30-60 minutes ish
If its a tie, im doing a coinflip
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>
>>5469692
I say Scavenger is better than marathon but otherwise I'm happy with the perks chosen in >>5469678
>>
File: 3.png (27 KB, 1000x750)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
You let the red hats have it
With knife in hand, you lunge at em. Slice up one throat, then stab through the next. They never had a chance.

This feels a lot different from your training. This is the first time you actually strike something thats not a watermelon(, as is standard knife training).
Dopamine fills your body, you feel REALLY GOOD somehow, even if its a bit sad that someone had their life cut short. (heh...)

1/2
>>
File: 4.png (16 KB, 1000x750)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
Onlookers seem shocked and confused, some just standing there, others running away.
The man standing next to the entrance looks at you, and starts talking a language you can understand!
Doorman: Look buddy, if you wanna assasinate mobsters, do it somewhere NOT in front of my dads bar. You seem good at what you do, so if you want some work, enter through the back. We can hide you if you have any interest in this.

What do:
>Talk with the doorman (specify what you talk about)
>Enter through the back
>I am one off a killstreak... (specify how you go about killing)
>Write in

>>5470147
Swiftness and Commando are locked in, but I can keep vote open between

Choose one:
>Marathon - Unlimited sprint
and
>Scavenger - Resupply from dead bodies
until next session

2/2
>>
>>5470209
>Talk with doorman
>"Wait, mobsters? That wasn't in the briefing... Is this Favela?"

Actually, what the hell was our briefing anyway?
>>
>>5470226
The briefing was for a free-for-all match on Rust
You recall the parting words from your boss: "You all are going to die, but if you dont: Good job."
Somewhere inbetween the briefing and deployment, you seem to have appeared in this place.
>>
>>5469692
Marathon - Unlimited sprint
Lightweight - Move faster
Sitrep - Detect enemy traps and tactical insertions

Gotta go fast.

>>5470209
>Enter through the back

Wait, is our training advance VR or something? Is that our first training?

>Question reality of the Matrix and morality of our actions
>>
>>5470226
+1

for my choice of perks
scav, lightweight and commando sound good, since I'm assuming we function under Vidya logic we'd be able to find bullets in wolves or whatever.
>>
Marathon - 2
>>5469678
>>5470855
Scavenger - 2
>>5470147
>>5471064

Starting in an hour or so. Vote is open until then.

>>5471064
Rumors from training is, that those with scavenger would find blue backpacks with supplies neatly packed away close to dead bodies. As of now, it is uncertain how this perk works, you find out if the perk ends up winning
>>
testing if my posts are fucked
>>
Scav is more useful because of the low chance of bullet drops
>>
Scavanger won by one vote
Writing
>>
File: 5.png (13 KB, 1000x750)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
Huh? Mobsters? You assumed the red hats was a color coding for being an enemy.
>Is this Favela?
Doorman: This is a bar, not a fahvela. You committed a murder, not a fahvela. Dunno what a fahvela even is, but it is not here.

Both of you give each other confused looks
Doorman: Look, enter through the back and we talk business. Go.

You give him a nod and...
>>
File: 6.png (21 KB, 1000x750)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>Enter through back.
You start questioning reality. Maybe this is like that one movie you watched. Are you just a battery? Are your wife and kids at home just fiction made to controll you?
That would make sense out of the state mandated free-for-all, for all 21 year old fit and healthy men. Eight people sent into an arena to kill each other, and whenever someone dies, they are immidiately replaced with another soldier. This goes on until someone kills 30 people.
Or, it could just be a drastic measure to overpopulation.

During this pondering, you go around back and enter the bar. Resting against the counter, you can hear a commotion outside, probably law enforcement or mobsters or something. At this moment, not your problem.
There is a nice smell of whiskey somewhere in this room...

>Wait for the doorman
>Have a look around (Specify if you want)
>Whiskey time! (Seek whiskey)
>Write in
>>
>>5471411
>Write In
well, in all likelihood you'd be dead otherwise, so grab a drink and celebrate.
Not whiskey though, this is either some weird podunk village or some weird super larp judging by the green-skinned guy outside, and in either case, whiskey would be FUCKING EXPENSIVE in either scenario. Settle for a beer, or ale, or whatever the hell these bums drink around here.
>>
>>5471596
Supporting
>>
File: 7.png (16 KB, 1000x750)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>Too expensive
Realizing whiskey would be crazy expensive, you resort to look for some more common beer. For all you know, this might just be a ploy to have you drink whiskey and extort you for a considerable markup.
>Grab a drink
Checking behind the counter, you find many bottles. Some named "whiski", while most are called "gutter ale". There is a big bottle called "Dwarven Gut Rot", with a huge X in the middle.
That ale seems cheapest, so you pop one open.
You are immidiately assaulted by the most piss-smelling alcohol you have ever come across. There is a hint of sewage and shrimp too.
This must be REALLY cheap

>and celebrate
You take a swig, but despite the smell, it tastes fine, although rather bland. You could probably drink a couple six-packs of these, if you had lemons at hand.

You down one ale, then two ales. If you have another, the smell is going to make you projectile vomit.

1/2
>>
File: 8.png (23 KB, 1000x750)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
Someone opens the front door, and in comes the doorman. He looks at you, then looks at the two empty bottles. He gives you a quick and amused "wow!" before closing and locking the door.

Doorman: In two days, the baron is coming over to play cards with my dad. They play once every week, and they always play for stakes. Dad sucks ass at cards, so he is most definately going to loose. But since he is already in debt to the baron, he cant refuse playing him.

He takes a spot further down at the counter. Giving a sigh, he grabs a bottle at the back, and pops it open. Its sweet smell drowns out the shrimp and piss smell.
Doorman: I overheard the baron talking with his lackey. They are trying to get my dad out of business. Im making plans for getting me and my dad out of this pickle, but I need time.

He takes a long swig. He then looks over at you
Doorman: You are new here, yes? If you pretend to be a drunk, and disrupt the game, he cant fuck your life up. Anyone else try, and he will have them and their family evicted within the week. I will repay you with a lot of alcohol and information.

Tempting...
>Sounds like a plan. Can I have some whiskey for free? (Accept)
>If all your alcohol smells like the one I had, I think il pass (Decline)
>Negotiate for more (In general, or specify)
>Can you tell me something first? (Ask something)
>Write in

2/2
>>
>>5472718
>Negotiate
"Alright, but I need to warn you, if shit looks like I'm about to get something broken or worse, I'll either make a break for it, or stab the fuckers."
"I also want some information about this place before I start, I know fuck-all about this place. At least enough to not offend any religious nuts, incite a race war, or piss off the baron too much that sorta stuff."
>>
>>5472834
+1
>>
Can we/MC make a assumption that this is not in fact a larp due to the presence of actual garbage medival ale or is that still metagaming?
>>
Got called for work, next post around this time tomorrow

Vote stays open
>>
File: 9.png (17 KB, 1000x750)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>Sure thing. But if things go south, I will do things my way.
Doorman: And by your way, you dont mean that knife of yours, right?

You give him silence. Before he manages to break it, you ask:
>I also want some information about this place before I start, I know fuck-all about this place. At least enough to not offend any religious nuts, incite a race war, or piss off the baron too much, that sorta stuff.

He tilts his head
Doorman: How much [italics] do [/italics] you know?
>There are green men walking around. Fill me in here.

He sighs, and then proceeds to chugs from his bottle.
And he chugs.
And he chugs.
Aaaaaand he chugs.

You have had enough waiting, and decide to pop open the "whiski" you found earlier to join him. Smells like cinnamon and caramel. It tastes like it smells, but with an additional nutty flavour.

During you drinking session, you learn the following:
You are currently in a town called Alfreds Barony, owned by the baron Alfred. Recently he has been more strict on taxing the populace. Rumor is, he is either preparing to build up an army, or have undesireables leave this place.
The town is located in the northern part of an area called "the Wide Open." What the Wide Open is exactly, you did not manage to find out tonight.
And yes, there are green men walking around, but more often than not, its just people covered in green paint, from head to toe. Apparently there is a legend about a green man that became a saint long ago, and some tries to replicate him in order to rise to greatness.

You have one day worth of time before you have to help out at the bar
-How do we spend the time until then?-
>Explore the surroundings (Anything you are looking for?)
>Gather more info from Doorman (Generally/specify)
>Drink as much alcohol as possible, it is free after all
>Write in
You may choose multiple options if desired, with a diminished effect. (ex: Exploring alone gives more time to discover more, vs explore + drink)

>>5473793
For all we/the player knows, this all might be an elaborate larp
>>
>>5474949
>>Explore the surroundings
>>
Busy over the weekend, next post on monday
Vote stays open
>>
>>5474949
>>Explore the surroundings
>>
>>5474949
actually, upon further thought, we can assume it's probably not a larp unless it's a larp run by a death cult or some shit, since while the reactions to our stabbing certainly make sense within the context of a larp,
given that we used modern knives, some would just assume it's some airsoft asshole and run off to report us some would think we really did kill someone and run off, and the rest would just stay in character while trying to ignore us.

HOWEVER the reaction to someone actually being dead upon further inspection would not be more larp people, it would be a whole lot of SWAT members and flashbangs. This is, of course, in combination with the fact that the doorman didn't start getting concerned when we told him multiple times we have no fucking idea what's happening without even a quick "hey, uh, are you actually lost or is it your character?". Just the presence of Alcohol, not even taking into account the medieval quality of it, also makes the possibility that it's a larp much less likely.

Therefore, assuming we somehow ended up in some rando shithole country makes more sense for us right now.

Of course, this reasoning relies on the fact that our seemingly dystopian "normal" life is more like the purge and not the hunger games, where society is mostly the same as normal with one twist rather than a generalized shithole.

>Write in
Think about wife and kids?
>>
File: 10.png (47 KB, 1200x750)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
Getting the lay of the land would be the most strategic, in case you have to run and gun, just like in your training.
Training... You have only been here a day, but you are missing your fellow soldiers. And your wife. And your kids.
If only you brought a picture with you, you could have a nice reminder of what you return to once you are done here.

Speaking of, how, do you return home? You, like all your fellow soldiers to some degree repress this thought going in to battle, since you are very likely going to die. But out here? Chances might be higher, but how are you supposed to find your way home?

Walking around pondering many questions, you take some mental notes of your surroundings:
There seem to be a wharf of sorts, with several piers and a few building with signs on them.
Several redhats scurry around, carrying cargo and exchanging things you cant identify.

Open area with some tall towers built into each other. Strange emenates from some windows
Many bluehats around the towers, stopping passerbys to talk

Slumlike area, with many tiny streets and alleyways going in all possible directions.
Green dudes suddenly appearing from around corners, only to disappear just as quick.

Choose one
>Check out the wharf
>Those tall towers seem interesting
>The slums could do with some exploring
>Check for more areas of interest
>Write in
>>
>>5479462

>red
bad idea, we stabbed 2 red dudes yesterday, and they were mafia if the doorman didn't lie to make us feel indebted.
>green
We have a gun, bullets, modern knife, if any of that shit gets stolen by pickpockets, we're fucked or we're known as the guy with the magical boomstick or the really good knives and therefore someone to rob.
>blue
joining cults is bad m'kay, but they might loredump on us

>TALL TOWERS
>>
>>5469692
Marathon, Lightweight and Commando
>Meleebuild
>>
>>5479845
Perk voting has concluded. Current perks are:
Scavenger
Lightweight
Commando

Current vote is here >>5479462
Im letting it run for a couple hours ish, before next post
>>
File: 11.png (21 KB, 1200x750)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
The bluehats are talking to everyone, maybe they could provide some useful information? Time to check out the
>TALL TOWERS

As you approach, several of the bluehats give you a few quick glances. One of them walks up to you and starts talking in ways you dont understand. You let the bluehat talk for a while, before you try talking back. Mid sentence, he swaps language to something you can understand!

"... and we would very much welcome you into our tower for some tea! I see potential for magic within you, and if you are interested, I could the areas your proficiencies lie."

He extends an arm towards you. Magic? Sounds like bull. But, you figure if there are any tricks, you could destroy this persons throat with your knife without a problem. Your hand grips his...
And your mind empties. Thoughts shuffle around and sort themself, clearing your mind little by little. After what feels like hours, you feel a certain clarity, singling out a skill in particular you feel deep inside would benefit from magic. If magic exists.

What perk do you see in this moment of clarity?
>Scavenger
>Lightweight
>Commando
>>
>>5480602
*I could check the areas
>>
>>5480602
>>Commando
>>
>>5480602
scav
>>
Next post tomorrow
If vote remains tied by then, I will do a cointoss to decide the winner
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

1 = Commando
2 = Scavanger
>>
File: 12.png (26 KB, 1200x750)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
As you return to reality, you can feel deep down that very soon your knife skills are going to improve in unexpected ways.

Somehow, you have arrived at a teahouse, judging by the smell. Sitting there on a stool, a bluehat serves you a yellow tea.
"You sure did surprise us! You have good potential to train magic! Come by tomorrow to train! Tea on the house! Train with the others!"
He points out the other people sitting next to you.
"Many good candidates! Come tomorrow!"

You do feel very close to developing skills, but if helping at the bar takes a lot of time, you might not be able to do both.

Choose one:
>Im keeping my promise, I can train later. (help at the bar)
>Magic sounds cool. (Come training instead)
>Write in

And before you end the day:
>Talk with one (or more) of the others (who, and about what)
>Ask for immidiate training
>Drink more tea
>Tuck in early
>Write in
>>
>>5483670
>Im keeping my promise, I can train later. (help at the bar)
>Drink more tea

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.