[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 18 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: palanquin-min.png (3.29 MB, 3840x2160)
3.29 MB
3.29 MB PNG
You are Simon, Razor Knight of House Gates. You are sitting at your desk, awaiting your first assignment. Only recently had you become a true knight, and until then the old steward had told you to wait in your room. Buzzer, your drone, was flying circles around your head as you looked longingly out the window. From your room high up in the palanquin, you could vividly see the green of the trees on the untamed wild mountains. You would never be allowed out there, but you could dream. That is, unless Buzzer kept annoying you. You were still getting used to giving orders, but you gave it a try. “Stop,” you thought, sending the command down to the back of your neck, through the implant that was inserted there. It tingled, and Buzzer slowly floated down to the table, making a sad beep.

A knock on the door jolted you back to reality. You were excited, although slightly nervous, to get your first assignment. Steward Reiner opens the door. He had a wide, permanently smiling face, with his eyes closed. The steward was connected to the entire hypercomputer network of House Gates, and controlled most domestic affairs. It took most of his concentration to do this, so he kept his eyes closed to limit his distractions. Not that he couldn’t see anyways, as he’s connected to every camera, drone, and device in the castle. You bow as he walks in.

“Nicholas, good to see you again.”

“Of course, my steward. You as well.”

“I see you did very well in your training. A biomorph fatality rate of 85%, and excellent against Razors. Although your drone control isn’t exactly perfect, it’s understandable considering you received your implant late. You will improve with time.”

“Thank you, my steward,” you tried to hide your smile at his praise.

“With that being said, your first assignment is as Princess Lilith’s personal guard. Congratulations. Please see her before dinner tonight,” the old man hisses, closing the door before you can get a word in. Your jaw drops. Your first assignment is as a royal guard? There must be a reason. Not that it mattered, you were ecstatic with the assignment. It would certainly be less mundane than standing at the gate twelve hours a day. Now, what to do before dinner?

[OPTIONS]
>Visit Lilith
There’s nothing wrong with getting started early and meeting your new Lady.
>Go to the barracks
It would be wise to make friends with your fellow knights.
>Explore the castle
Technically, it’s not a castle, but a palanquin. However, since the House won’t be moving any time soon, it’s easier to just call it a castle.
>Other

https://twitter.com/qstguy
>>
>>5359466
>Visit Lilith
There’s nothing wrong with getting started early and meeting your new Lady.

Duty first.
>>
>>5359466
>>Visit Lilith
>>
>>5359466
>>Visit Lilith
>>
>>5359466
>Visit Lilith
>>
>>5359466
>Visit Lilith
>>
Update coming soon, these updates might be a bit slow-paced, 1-3 a day. Sorry for shitty OP image, I wanted a custom thumbnail but didn’t wanna pay for one so I made it myself.
>>
File: anchor.jpg (26 KB, 800x800)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
Anchor Post
>>
File: mountains.jpg (157 KB, 800x600)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>5359800
You decide to head to Lilith’s bedroom. Perhaps a little bit informal, but no matter. There are many drones zooming up and down the tower, delivering supplies and logistics. The door to her room is large and extravagant. You knock on the door. Before she even responds, several more drones enter the drone gate next to the door.

“You may come in,” a gentle voice answers from behind the door. You enter. The room is large, taking up most of the top floor of the tower. One wall is entirely glass, overlooking the castle town, with the mountain range in the background. You kneel on the ground before your lady, having yet to look at her.

“Greetings, Princess Lilith. I have been assigned as your personal guard. I am Razor Knight Simon. I was meant to meet you at dinner, but I wanted to introduce myself. Forgive me.” Your head remains bowed. Lilith chuckles a little bit.

“Raise,” you stand up to look at her. She is fair-skinned, with brown hair. She is small, but not frail. She is wearing a white dress, with the house sigil on the breast. Her hand is over her mouth to hide her giggle. “Simon, there’s no need to be so formal. If you’re my knight, we’ll be spending a lot of time together. We should try to be comfortable around each other.”

“Of course, Princess.”

“Just Lilith will do.” She stands up and walks towards the window. “Tell me, Simon, how much do you know about the outside world?”

“I know that it’s dangerous. Biomorphs and other razors prowl the landscape.” You follow her to the window. This is the highest up that you’ve ever been, and this is a great vantage point.

“That’s not what I mean. That mountain range over there, did they tell you the name of it?”

“I don’t know what you mean.”

“A long time ago, before the biomorphs and before the palanquins, the mountains had a name. My ancestors-and yours-called them something.”

“What did they call them?” Lilith quickly turns away from the window and sits on her bed.

“It’s not important,” she says, “Just something stupid my tutor taught me.” She lays down and closes her eyes. You can see her eyes moving under the eyelids and you know that she is connected to the network.

“Simon, before dinner I’d like for you to speak to my tutor. I don’t care what you ask her, but please learn something interesting for me. Something about the past, or the outside world.”

“Of course, Lilith. I’ll take my leave then.” You leave her room, as she lays on her bed. You stand outside of her door, heart pounding. You had never spoken to one of the royal family before, nevertheless been friends with one.

[OPTIONS: CHOOSE TWO]
>Explore the castle
I should learn the ins and outs of this place if I want to protect Lilith.
>Go to the barracks
I should make friends with the rest of the knights.
>Visit the schoolhouse
Lilith wanted me to learn something, so I’ll need to go to see her tutor.
>Custom
>>
>>5359802
>Explore the castle

>Visit the schoolhouse
>>
>>5359802
>>Go to the barracks
>>
>>5359802
>>Visit the schoolhouse
>Explore the castle
>>
>>5359802
>Visit the schoolhouse
>Explore the castle
>>
OP not dead, have been volunteering in Kentucky and did not think it would take all day. Update coming shortly.
>>
File: valley.jpg (603 KB, 800x533)
603 KB
603 KB JPG
>>5359800
You head down to the schoolhouse, at the bottom of this tower. It’s a small room, as only members of the tiny noble class, including your Lady Lilith. There is a small old woman in the corner, slumped in the corner reading a book. She has a prosthetic leg, and large circular glasses.

“Hello, I am Sir Simon, here on behalf of Lady Lilith. She asked me to learn something from you.” The woman slowly stands up and turns towards you. She is tight-lipped as she speaks to you.

“Unfortunately Sir, I can’t afford the time unless you’d like to join a class. Of course that would need to be approved by the steward, but I doubt that would be allowed considering your status. If you’d like, you can take a book.” She quickly turns around and starts reading her book again. You walk to the bookshelf in the corner and grab one off the shelf. You sit down at a desk and look at the title. While technically you can’t read, your implant translates it in real time. The title reads “The History of Palanquins in the East”. You flip to a random page.

“Before the creation of the first biomorphs, Razor Knights did not carry anti-bio rifles, as they would simply weigh them down and be easily countered by drones. Once biomorphs began to spread throughout the east, Razor Knight tactics and strategy were changed immensely due to both their increased weight, and their need to act as a specialized force against both humans and biomorphs.”

Well, that would do for today's lesson. You put the book on top of Buzzer, who zipped off to put it somewhere, presumably in your room, or in the storage facility. Either way, you would send him to find it later. You left the schoolroom, thanking the tutor on the way out. It was time for a walk around the castle. If you wanted to be more official, you could even call it a patrol.

You first visit the main hall. This was the area where most of the logistical traffic went through. The room was loud and chaotic, serfs rushing around on the ground, while drones buzzed high above. You left for the dining hall. It wasn’t particularly special, although occasionally a group of drones would bring in a new chair or switch the arrangement of the tables. The steward designed the room to fit all citizens of House Gates at the same time, so it was fairly large. Lord Gates didn’t eat with the serfs, but liked to watch over them at dinner.

You then visited the castle town. This was where most of the peasantry lived. The servants of the house got to live in the towers and in the hardened structure of the palanquin, but the farmers, craftsmen, and the like had to live outside in their smaller houses and sometimes even huts. Those who lived outside looked tired, but they could not rest until the day’s end due to the steward’s constant watch. You approached the walls of the palanquin. The legs of the massive machine were folded higher than the walls themselves. At your approach, the tower guards salute you.
>>
>>5360691
“Hey, Simon. I heard about your assignment. Congratulations.”

“Good to see you. I was just on patrol right now and was hoping to get a view of the outside.” On patrol. That sounded very official.

“Of course. Right this way.” The guard begins to lead you up the stairs of the wall. From here you can see for miles, that is, until your view hits the mountains. The palanquin is perched over the rest of the valley. Looking down, your stomach feels queasy at the height. The guards have begun to talk amongst themselves as you look.

You see some movement off in the distance. It’s hard to tell, but it looks as though something is running towards the palanquin. You’ve never seen one before, but you’re sure that this is a biomorph. Highly dangerous, designed to kill humans and typically hunt in packs. You find it strange that this one is alone.

[OPTIONS]
>Shoot at it
Nobody is looking, and it would be best to be rid of this thing. Not only that, but you could practice your shooting skills.
>Tell the guards
Let’s not be a hero.
>Send Buzzer to look
We could get a better look at this thing before we make a decision.
>Custom
>>
>>5360694
>Send Buzzer to look
I assume scouting like this is the reason why Razor Knights are given drone companions to begin with. Go check it out, little buddy.
>>
>>5360698
Drones have a couple purposes, scouting and logistics, but most importantly (and because I wanted a sci-fi setting with justified melee) knight's drones are able to use high frequency sound waves to deflect bullets away from their user, making guns ineffective in Razor Knight duels.
>>
>>5360694
>Send Buzzer to look
>Fire a warning shot
While Buzzer does his thing, a couple of rounds past their ear should make them stop if they're human.
>>
>>5360705
Oh, cool. That will be useful.
>>
>>5360694
>Send Buzzer to look
>>
>>5360694
>>Send Buzzer to look
>>
>>5360694
>>Tell the guards
There might be more, it is best to raise the alarm instead of trying to handle the situation by ourselves.
>>
>>5359800
You flick your head forwards quickly to instruct Buzzer to take a look. He zips down the several-hundred foot drop and through the tall grass of the valley. As he moves, you rack your anti-bio rifle onto the wall, just in case. You close your eyes and tap into Buzzer’s video feed as he approaches the biomorph. The thing is scraggly, but its muscles ripple as it runs. Its claws tear the grass from its very roots, and its face is covered in bone like a mask. Buzzer keeps up with it as it runs, which it doesn’t notice, thanks to the more advanced knight’s drone silent hovering systems. Buzzer quickly notices a small metal piece in its skin, which he highlights in red for you. You recognize it, to your astonishment, to be a hypercomputer implant. Either this biomorph was very intelligent, or it was being controlled by someone. Someone powerful, with the technology to create, or capture, a biomorph. It was untelling if it was sent alone as a test, or if more lay in wait just out of sight.

You considered attempting a hack at first. As a Razor Knight, I have an allotted amount of CPU I can use from the Gates hypercomputer network. This amount is more than serfs, but we aren’t exactly meant to hack. Additionally, this thing is on an unknown network, so it’s likely encrypted. If I were to ask the steward, or some technicians for help, this hack might be easier.

>Alert the guards
This is an unusual situation, and I’m not exactly experienced with these things.
>Disrupt and shoot at the biomorph
I can have Buzzer disturb it with high-frequency noise while I take some potshots. I am a Razor Knight, not a hacker.
>Attempt to hack
I’ll try to connect to it before it gets too close. There’s no time to go find a backup.
>Ask a technician
I’ll go find someone better suited for connecting to a potentially hostile network.
>Custom
>>
>>5360990
>>Alert the guards
>>
>>5360990
>>Alert the guards
>>
>>5360990
>>Alert the guards
>>
>>5359800
“You guys see that?” The tower guards look up at you, then down to where you’re aiming. You explain to them your thought process.

“An implant? That’s… impossible, right?”

“I guess not.” You reply flatly. You watch through your scope as it gets closer and closer to the wall.

“One second, I’ll request a drone swarm. We’ll see if we can capture this thing.” The guard closes his eyes for a moment.

“Approved. Watch your head.” You duck down as he says this, and you listen as 10-20 drones fly over your head, and fly to surround the biomorph. It continues to run, not caring about the sudden attention. It freezes, and falls to the ground putting its paws over its ears. You can faintly hear a shrill noise. The beast begins to levitate, as the drones lift it into the air, and fly off into a sliding panel on the castle.

“That was simple,” you say with a sigh of relief.

“Yea, usually we’d gun ‘em down, but that was a special case. It’s a little bit harder when there’s a horde of them hellbent on destroying us, and they’re typically aware of our drones. That was weird, honestly. It didn’t even care that we had it surrounded.”

“Yea. Maybe it was a test, like a prototype.” You look back over the valley and see that it’s covered in an orange tint. The sun is setting. You bid the two of them a good day and leave for the dining hall.
>>
>>5361155
Almost everyone is already seated by the time that you get there. Out of habit, you head towards your old seat, before remembering your new position. You stride to the royal guard’s table, where there is one empty seat left. The table is right in front of the noble’s seating, where Lilith is sitting. She shyly waves to you, with a slight smile. You sit down. The man across from you opens his mouth to say something, but the whole room falls silent. You look at the front wall and see that it is 8p. Like clockwork, Executive Gates enters the room. His boots clack and echo on the floor, and he begins speaking as he walks to his seat. His eyes are closed, and he projects his voice throughout the entire room effortlessly.

“Greetings everyone. Firstly, I would like to congratulate our newest Razor Knight, and due to his accomplishments during his training, my daughter’s personal guard. Clap.” Everyone claps politely for you, and you feel a sense of pride swell in your chest. Executive Gates sits in his massive throne before continuing to speak. “Additionally, we have reached a trade deal with the Coastal Republic, which we will be sending trade delegations to monthly. As for the conflict in the north, there is only good news there. I will leave it at that. You may eat.” The hall is filled with noise as drones come to every table dropping off rations to every person. You decide to eat somewhat modestly, maintaining your new status.

The room is suddenly filled with a violent heat, as the wall behind the nobility explodes. Confusion and panic sets in, and people are running everywhere. The Executive is already back on his feet, with the steward right next to him, both concentrating intensely, surely trying to keep order within the network. Their eyes practically bulge out from behind their eyelids. You spot Lilith laying on the ground a few feet away from them. Razor Knights stand in front of them, most armed with their razors, ready for an attack from other knights. What waits where the wall once was cannot be determined, as a black smoke is pouring out from it.

[OPTIONS]
>Go to Lilith
Nobody has helped her up, and it’s my job.
>Standby with the other knights
Someone, or something, highly dangerous could be ready to attack behind the pillar of smoke. I need to be there to help.
>Focus on the hypercomputer network
What we need most right now is order. If I can give the technicians what little CPU power I have, perhaps they can focus on something more urgent.
>Custom
>>
>>5361156
>Go to Lilith
We're here to guard her, our other duties are secondary. Trust our peers to do their job, we'll do ours.
>>
>>5361156
>>Go to Lilith
>>
>>5361156
>Go to Lilith
We are the Princess Guard Quest. Do our job.
>>
>no image of Lilith yet

come ON op, what am I supposed to do here? Imagine what she looks like???
>>
>>5361202
Lmao, I suck at art and have no money for a commission. I could probably draw up the house sigil once I’m off work though.
>>
>>5361202
I’ll try to give a little bit more of a description I guess. Same age as Simon, around 16/17, small, with brown curly hair. Light blue eyes. Not sure what else to say. Imagine the noble clothes to be a little bit like medieval royalty but without any frills.
>>
>>5361156
>>Go to Lilith
>>
>>5359800
You run to Lilith and help her up. You take your handkerchief from your pocket and put it over her mouth to protect her from the smoke.

“Princess, are you okay?” She is coughing between gasps for air.

“I’m alright. Can you help me to the door? I believe my ankle is hurt.”

“Of course.” You pick her up in a bridal carry and run to the door. As you run, Buzzer begins pinging for your attention. You take a look at his video feed and see that he is behind the smokescreen. It’s a biomorph. In fact, it's the same one from earlier, charred and with some fur burnt off, but otherwise it seems unhurt. You pry away from the video and start up the tower to Lilith’s room. She grabs your hand.

“Wait. I can make it on my own. They need your help down here.”

“Lilith, what about your ankle?” She reaches down and tears off a part of her dress, then wraps it around her ankle.

“There, will you stop worrying about me now?”

[OPTIONS]
>Escort the princess to her bedroom/a safe location (Specify)
My job is to guard the princess, regardless of what she wants me to do. Now comes the matter of whether her room is truly safe at the top of a tower which very well might explode again.
>Help the other knights
Lilith is tough and can handle herself from here. The danger is in the dining hall, and I should move to help contain it.
>Custom

Pic related is the sigil of House Gates. Hope it’s not too familiar.
>>
>>5361473
>>Escort the princess to her bedroom/a safe location (Specify)
where they keep the money
>>
>>5361531
The storage facility is only truly accessible to drones. Humans can go in, but it would likely be hazardous due to the sheer amount of drone traffic and amount of stuff packed in.

Last post for the night.
>>
>>5361584
crap
>>
>>5361473
>Escort the princess to her bedroom/a safe location (Specify)
Protect the principal. We can move to assist the others once we know we won't be distracted worrying about her safety. Let's take her further inward into the palanquin, away from exterior walls. Preferably somewhere with thick walls and doors of its own, that has access to a supply of food and water should she have to stay there for an extended time. Does the palanquin have any safe rooms?
>>
>>5361473
>>5361657
Support.
>>
>>5359800
“I’ll help them once I’m sure you’re safe.” She puffs her cheeks and furrows her brow.

“Fine. Do what you will.” You pick her up again and ping the network for the location of the nearest safehouse. Most of the bunkers were located inside the walls, to conserve space and to be hidden, thus you didn’t know exactly where they were. The network didn’t respond, likely too overloaded.

“Princess, where is the nearest bunker?”

Without saying a word, she points in a direction and you start running. Your legs begin to get tired, but you have a job to do. Eventually you come to a wall, where Lilith tells you to stop. You request the door to open, but the network is still overloaded.

“Lilith, can you open this? I don’t have priority.”

She strains for a moment before the door opens. She hops out from your bridal carry and crosses her arms. She is standing in the doorway to the bunker, as people run past her into it.

“There, are you happy now?”

“Princess, with all due respect, my job is to keep you safe.” She sighs at this.

“Please, go help the others.” She turns and limps down the stairs to the depths below and the door closes behind her. You start to run back towards the dining hall, but are met in the main hall instead.

A figure is mounted on top of a biomorph. He has a razor in one hand, and a drone hovers above his left shoulder. It is strange-looking, angular and shaded a dark gray.

Other knights are behind him, unmounted. Their uniforms are unlike any you’ve seen before, a dark red with black cloaks. They spread out into other rooms, leaving just you and the mounted knight. You can feel the heat from the dining hall hit you as you steel your nerve.

[OPTIONS]
>Attempt a shot on the biomorph
There’s no way I can kill it with my razor. If I have Buzzer attempt to cancel out the enemy drone’s deflection, I may be able to take a clear shot and get rid of this knight's mount. From that point on, it’ll be a fair fight.
>Charge
I’ll try to take him by surprise and run at him.
>Request backup
I’m not sure if there’s any to spare, but I’m outmatched right now.
>Custom
>>
>>5362041
>Attempt a shot on the biomorph

Yeah, I don't like the idea of fighting a guy on morphback. Let's take that away first, before we engage him in melee.
>>
>>5362041
>>Attempt a shot on the biomorph
>>
>>5362041
>>Attempt a shot on the biomorph
>>
>>5362064
>>5362068
>>5362071
Roll 1d100, highest roll of first 3 will be taken. Also,
>morphback
I’ll have to remember that term lmao
>>
Rolled 10 (1d100)

>>5362084
>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

>>5362084
>>
Rolled 16 (1d100)

>>5362084
>>
>>5362096
>>5362103
>>5362108
Aww, man, we are not a good shot, apparently.
>>
>>5359800
You ready your rifle, aiming at the beast's head. Buzzer attempts to find a solution, countering the enemy drone’s deflection waves by creating the wave opposite. The two drones stare each other down as you wait for Buzzer to notify that he has found the correct frequency, but he doesn’t. The biomorph charges at you.

It’s now or never, you think. You take the shot, and your bullet veers off to the left. Quickly, you put your rifle on your back and take out your razor.

[OPTIONS]
>Dodge
I’ll just get out of the way.
>Attempt to hop on
There’s enough room up there for both of us, I think.
>Strike offensively
I’ll try to gain the upper hand by hitting where I can rather than waiting for backup.
>Custom
>>
>>5362944
>>Strike offensively
>>
>>5362944
>Strike offensively
>>
>>5362947
>>5363137
rolls
>>
Rolled 80 (1d100)

>>5363150
>>
Rolled 57 (1d100)

>>5363150
>>
>>5359800
The knight charges at you, but you easily dodge out of the way, taking a small stab at him as you go. He quickly turns around and tries again, slashing at you from above, which you riposte. The biomorph slumps over and dies. You look over your shoulder and see one of your fellow knights looking down the scope of an anti-bio rifle. Your enemy falls to the ground. You put your razor to his neck.

>Kill this one and move on to the next one
There are plenty of others here, killing this one would let me help my allies more.
>Capture and take to the Executive Office
We should take this one hostage while we have the chance.
>Custom
>>
>>5363763
>>Capture and take to the Executive Office
>>
>>5363763
>>Capture and take to the Executive Office
>>
>>5359800
“Yield,” you command the red knight. He puts his hands up and you get a closer look at his armor. It is heavier than most Razor Knight armor, who are normally adorned in durable but light plasteel. This man has a dark bronze full helm with many holes in the face for ventilation. There is a dark red cloak attached to this helm.

You bind his hands and begin to walk him to the office. When you arrive, Executive Gates is inside. Many servants attend to him, mostly nude or partially nude, and some look particularly young. Gates is laying on his bed apparently suffering from the network overload that comes with being constantly connected to the entire palanquin.

“Sir, I’m sorry. I thought you were still in the dining hall. If you’re not feeling well, I can take him to the dungeon instead.”

Gates sits up, holding his head. “I’ll be alright,” he turns to a young boy servant, “Fetch a technician.” The boy runs off and comes back with a man dressed in a dark gray tuxedo. He is visibly blind, eyes grayed out, and has several drones following him.

“Connect to him, use mind spikes, whatever you want. Simon, you question him.”

“Should we take this somewhere else, sir? I wouldn’t want to worsen your migraine.”

“No. Stay here.” You nod silently. The technician unmasks the knight, who is unremarkable in any way.

“What is your name?” You ask.

“Fuck you.” You nod to the technician, who connects a cord between his implant and the knight’s. The technician closes his eyes and the knight begins to scream. Some of the servants put their hands over their ears, dropping what they were carrying. Others do not look concerned. Gates has a pleasant look on his face. The knight stops screaming, but gasps for air.

[OPTIONS]
>”Who do you work for?”
First order of business is to find out who’s attacking us.
>”How are you controlling those biomorphs?”
Controlling biological things with an implant is… dangerous, to say the least. We should find out how to counter it.
>Custom
>>
>>5364259
>>”Who do you work for?”
>>
>>5364259
>>”Who do you work for?”
>>
>>5364259
>”Who do you work for?”
>Custom
>As a follow up for that, what did they come here for? They had to have had a plan other than "smash everything up".
>>
>>5359800
“Who do you belong to?”

“Go fuck yourself.” The man waits for a moment, then screams again. The technician stops.

“Tell me.”

“White,” says the poor knight, gasping for air. Gates’ eyes shoot open, and his brow furrows. He walks over to the seat the man is tied up in, and grabs his hair.

“White? What does he want down here?”

“To get you decadents back under control. Far too long have you all had absolute control. How many people do you have here, Gates? 500? 1000? It’s sick. Look around you, you’re surrounded by sex slaves, and young ones at that. You, knight, are you fine with that?”

You mull over it for a moment, but what option do you really have? You stay silent. Gates scoffs and starts pacing.

“As if White is any different. I don’t know if you’re trying to accuse me of some kind of crime here, fucking lowborn, but White’s ancestors are just as complicit as mine were in the event. We’re all guilty. And that’s the world we live in now, so White can get off his high horse and live with the high life his ancestors bought. You there,” Gates points at the technician, “get rid of this man.” The technician nods, and the drones freeze the knight in place before carrying him off to some hallway, the technician following closely behind. You stand at attention while Gates paces around the room. His servants sit and watch.

[OPTIONS]
>Leave and find Lilith
He is clearly thinking and doesn’t need me anymore. I should go back to my duties.
>Stand at attention
Perhaps Executive Gates will have a task for me once he realizes I’m still here.
>Ask who White is
I’m relatively knowledgeable about the other factions out in the world, but I’ve never heard of White before.
>>
>>5365711
>Leave and find Lilith

Uh, sex slaves? What? That's either our boss being way sketchier than he appears, or this other guy really projecting in the propaganda he makes about our boss. Either way, creepy.

Let's just go back to our duties, now. Check on our charge, make sure she's alright.
>>
>>5365711
>>Stand at attention

He has not dismissed us.
>>
>>5365752
Tried to make it clear in previous updates that Gates’ servants are all nude and some are even children, but maybe I didn’t portray that well. Sorry.
>>
>>5365832
Oh, I missed that part. Yeah, looking back I see it. Well, that is indeed creepy. Stop being creepy, Gates.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>5365752
>>5365765
Rolling for choice
>>
>>5365752
You leave for the safe room that you left Lilith in. Gates does not acknowledge that you leave, and is still pacing erratically. You had never seen him act anything other than calm and serious, so it was a strange sight.

In the main hall, things seem to have calmed down for the most part, although the place is mostly empty, logistics drones rush around overhead and the steward’s face is red from the effort it seems to be taking to get the network back online.

There are several people in the safe room, mostly nobles, but a couple lowborns as well. Lilith is sitting on the floor when you see her.

“Are they gone? Did you help everyone?”

“Yes. I captured one of them and took him to your father. They seemed to be special forces owned by a man named White. I’ve never heard of him, personally, but Executive Gates seemed shocked at this.”

“White? I’ve never heard the name either.” Lilith raises her hand to her chin as she thinks. Suddenly, she realizes that the nobles are listening in on your conversation. “Let’s talk about this somewhere else.”

You escort the princess to her bedroom. She flops down on her bed to think.

“Did he say why they attacked? Asset wars or a grudge or something?”

“Something like, ‘to get you decadents back under control.’ Then he started talking about the treatment of servants, and how Gates has absolute control over them.” Lilith makes a confused face at this.

“Strange. Maybe he’s eccentric. It doesn’t matter, I suppose, just another warlord.” A drone flies by and drops a book on her lap. It reads “Atlas of the East Coast”. She opens the book to a map, but the pages are yellow and worn. She points to a spot on the map.

“There, the White House! I remember now! It’s an old myth at this point, but they say he used to own all of the coast, and even past the mountains. But the people got tired of his rule and their restrictions, so my ancestors, and others declared their independence from him. They were too powerful, so he couldn’t do anything about it. I just took it as a myth, but if they’re back, then it must be real.”

[OPTIONS]
>We should talk to Executive Gates
We need to find out what we need to do to prepare for a fight, if we are fighting.
>We should go for a walk
We need to assess the damage and see if there’s anything we can do to help.
>We should stay here
I want to stay here and talk to Lilith more, maybe we can find more old books.
>Custom
>>
>>5366351
>>5359800
Anchor
>>
>>5366351
>We should stay here

Okay, so that confirms we're on future Earth, at least. I assumed that was the case, but still nice to have confirmation. Let's see what else we can dig up. History lessons on the biomorphs, maybe? If we knew their origins we might have a better idea of how someone figured out how to control them. Maybe that was their original purpose, warbeasts controlled by radiotelepathic handlers. Could be that White's domain found some ancient facilities.
>>
>>5366351
>>We should stay here
>>
>>5366351
>>We should go for a walk

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.