[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: sketch-1656568319682.png (231 KB, 1080x2316)
231 KB
231 KB PNG
This deep in the pit, the shadows seem to churn around you, hungrily wafting towards your rusty lantern in thick, smothering plumes.
"Hm.. No way out but down, eh? I admire your resolve, but I'd wager you got three minutes before showtime, so let's choose your first boon. Every growing wretch needs to eat their meat to get big and strong, right? Or maybe you're a cool customer who just needs to clear their head? Either way, Ol' Grafton has you covered. Choose."
>>
>>5322846
>Smoked meat is the best. Or is it meaty smoke that's the best?
>Sniff the cig before eating the meat.
>>
>>5322846
>Pleased to MEAT you!
>>
>>5322846
Smork
>>
>>5322846
>Go for smoke
>>
>>5322846
>Smoke
er, sorry
>Smork
>>
>>5322846
>meat

Mmm
>>
> Meat meat meat
>>
>>5322846
>Smoge
>>
>>5322846
M E A T
>>
>>5322846
>SMOKE
>>
No idea what this is about. Looks promising though, OP.
>> Smoke. Not a fan of it—I just think we can persuade both man and beast with a smoke, while few men would be tempted by a raw steak.
>>
>>5322846
You can't help but feel torn. After giving the box a sniff and being greeted with the aromas of bizarre, earthy spices, your hunger gets the better of you as you snatch the meat from Grafton's outstretched wooden hand. Hunks of raw meat slide down your throat as clammy juices dribble down your chin, leaving you in immense satisfaction.. for now. There's a smirk in its voice when you've caught your breath.
"An itch scratched? Or did you unlock something.. primal?"

New Ability: Carnivore - Find and consume flesh to gain strength. Careful what you stick in your gob, though. You never know who's watching...

[ Continue -> ]
>>
>>5323696
>>
>>5323699
This is great art and I'm a little scared

Hold me anons
>>
“The clock's ticking, time for another decision! Found this old rag in the last fella's pocket. Could be useful if you caught a cold I guess? Personally, I'd go for the hammer. Like the old man used to say - 'Let your tools do the work!'"
>>
>>5323871
>Rag
this is now a strand type quest.
>>
>>5323887
+1
>>
>>5323871
>>5323887
+1 to RAG.
>>
>>5323887
+1

The RAG has many possibilities, the hammer has barely any beyond hitting. Embrace RAG man
>>
>>5323871
You guys are nuts. What are you gonna do with a rag? It’s hammer all the way.
>>
HAMMMMMER
>>
>>5323871
RAG TIME
>>
>>5323934
Trust in the RAG, anon, and it will trust in YOU.
>>
>>5324024
Both pieces seem to be little more than rubbish, and you figure it'd feel nice to wipe the errant meat juices from your chin. Upon closer inspection, however, the material appears to be limp parchment, faded text barely visible on its face. It's a diary of a sort, composed as a letter to a man's departed brother. Evidently, the "lanky devil" that murdered him evaded capture long enough to escape into the The Well. Knowing this, the author purposefully got himself incarnated in order to gain admittance, track him down, and exact vengeance. It would appear he was unsuccessful. Grafton hums thoughtfully as you read. "Damn foolish thing, looking for justice in this place- but who knows? Some virtuous soul could come along and balance the scales in poor Leon's name."

Path Found: Oath of Leon - Find the sinner, hold him to account, and recover what was taken.

[ Continue -> ]
>>
>>5324184
"Alright, time to get serious. This last one is a High Boon, straight from the local Ringmaster. Either could prove vital down the road, but Iet me warn you - lose 'em, break 'em, barter one away, and there'll certainly be consquences.. Oh, not that I'm telling you to turn it down! Who wouldn't want the gift of prophecy in their back pocket? - albeit in an extremely limited capacity. Of course, if you're a gambler like me, the luck of the draw might prove too tempting to resist. Come on, show me what you'll leave to chance!"
>>
>>5324945
>CARDS
>>
>>5324945
>Card
Tarot?
>>
>>5324945
>CARD
Queen of Hearts, right?
>>
>>5324945
Card biatch
>>
>>5324945
>THE ORB
>>
>>5324945
>8-Ball
cards are so overdone
>>
>>5324945

>Card
>>
>>5324945
>Card
Playing or divinatory, cards look sharp in terms of style.
>>
>>5324945
>Card
>>
>>5324945
GET ON THE BALL
>>
>>5324945
>CARDS
Believe in the heart of the cards
>>
>>5324945
>>8-Ball
orbs are rare
>>
>>5324945
>Ball
>>
>>5324979
Following a lengthy period of introspection, you choose to yield to fate, plucking the card from betwixt Grafton's fingers. What greets you on the flipside is a ghoulish grin - the 4 of Spades. With an edge worn and softened by age, the inlay on its face shimmers in the scant light of the lantern, giving its twisted smile the illusion of eerie life. Grafton hums, sounding pleased. "I've heard that, for those in the know, an item like that can be invaluable. Show it to a friend, it could open the door you need at just the right time. Me, I think the card's nifty. Lucky feel to it."

New Pact: Bedfellows - Producing this item in interactions with other Bedfellows and their sympathizers can give access to Dark Markets, as well as elicit other forms of aid. However, others view the card as an Abomination, and might be prompted into attacking. User discretion is advised.

[ Continue -> ]
>>
>>5331944
"Righty-o, think that makes us square for now. If you manage to survive what comes next, I'll be waiting for you at the end of it. Just be sure to eat your protein, and don't come back 'til that lantern's burning nice and hot. Oh, and give my best to Sevens up there. See ya, kid."

With that, the glint in Grafton's eye dims to nothing as he recedes into the tendrils of the abyss. Behind you, far in the distance, something begins to shine in the darkness - the crack of door widens, beckoning you towards it. Drawn to the warmth, you put one foot in front of the other…

It's time to roll the dice.

[ Continue -> ]
>>
>>5331945
WELCOME to K N O C K S V I L L E

As you cross the threshold, the scent of dark liquor and oily cigars fills your sinuses. As you shuffle across the felt, the portrait of royalty follow you with their dead eyes. Amidst the cacophony of slot machines and mumbling spectators, a voice rings out from on high.

[ Continue -> ]
>>
>>5331969
"Ie spie with mie little eie.. Fresh scratch hitting the table! Couldn't keep your mitts out the cookie jar, friendo? HAH! Just messin', chum. Need a liebation before we commence the occasion?"

[ -> Act -
- Speak -
- Reflect -
- Die - ]
>>
>>5331974
- Reflect -

how did we get here
>>
>>5331974
-Reflect-
>>
>>5331974
Spink
>>
>>5331977
+1
>>
>>5331977
+1
>>
>>5331974
You the guy who ran the Madness quest?
>>
>>5331974
Speak
>>
>>5331974
Speak, it only seems right to say hello.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.