[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 19 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Chimera.jpg (786 KB, 1450x1433)
786 KB
786 KB JPG
Chimera: A fire-breathing she-monster in Greek mythology having a lion's head, a goat's body, and a serpent's tail/ an imaginary monster compounded of incongruous parts. While the former is a powerful beast, worthy of being immortalized in legend, you're unfortunately just the latter. You're a pitiable beast, clocking in at about the size of a rat, and made from nothing more than scraps of the lowest vermin. Certainly a far-cry from the titular beast of myth, or even the myriad of lesser, lowercase chimeras that populate the world. You sleep within your cage, covered by a scrap of cloth, ignorant to the world around you...

====

The Mageling stood before his desk, a proud smile etched onto his youthful face. The Great Hall of the Academy was bustling with activity today, as parents and teachers wandered about, their robes swishing majestically behind them. His Teacher stopped before the desk, looking over the sketches and pieces of parchment that were pinned up behind a cage.

"What have you got there, boy?"

With a flourish, the boy whipped the cloth off, to reveal his project.

Select your 3 components: (You're limited to the size of a rat, so nothing bigger than that)
>A mundane, small creature
>Another creature, from a different type of animal (Mammals, birds, etc)
>A tiny, inconsequential magical animal

>Randomize
>>
>>5266817
To clarify, the first vote is for one of each. For example:
>Garden Snake
>Crab
>Salamander

or something
>>
>>5266817
> a pigeon
> a rat
>and... i dont know
>>
>>5266817
>Scolopendra heros
>purple martin
>almiraj
>>
>A magpie
>an angler fish
>and Thing from the Addams Family
>>
File: 1652519840488.jpg (369 KB, 1330x1004)
369 KB
369 KB JPG
>>5266817
>European Cat Snake
>Chameleon
>Cat
>>
>>5266817
>Trout
>Pigeon
>Ningen (cryptid) (...Let's just say it was a baby one for the sake of the size limitation)
FISH FACE ON LEEEEEGS
>>
Oh damn, lots of unique votes. If it's tied after a certain point, I'll roll a dice. Any options that are empty/invalid will be taken from another set of votes, with a dice roll too.
>>
>>5266858
Weirdly, I've seen multiple rule 34s of Kim Possible and Kaa, but no cataconda ones.
>>
>>5266817
>Rabbit
>Smoll lizard
>Ant
>>
Roll 3d6

1- pigeon 1- rat 1- Salamander
2- Scolopendra heros 2-purple martin 2- almiraj
3-magpie 3-angler fish 3-Thing from the Addams Family
4-European Cat Snake 4-Chameleon 4-Cat
5-Trout 5- Pigeon 5-Ningen
6-Rabbit 6-Smoll lizard 6-Ant
>>
>>5266895

Oh, interesting. Yeah that would be a real chimera of everyone’s votes. Will do it in this way upon a tie.
>>
>>5266895
>>
>>5266904
>>
>>5266904
>>5266905

The dice goes into the Options field. Also, that poster isn't me, not the time for any rolls yet.
>>
Rolled 3, 5 = 8 (2d6)

First dice (D6): Pigeon, Scolopendra, Magpie, European Cat Snake, Trout, Rabbit
Second dice (D6): Rat, Purple Martin, Anglerfish, Chameleon, Pigeon, Small Lizard
Third dice (D4): Salamander, Almiraj, Crawling Claw, Ningen Spawn

In the hilarious event that pigeon is rolled twice, it'll be a double-pigeon.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d4)

>>5266948
Magpie and Pigeon. Now the magical beast:
>>
File: 1652394168749.jpg (271 KB, 1080x1081)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
>>5266948
>>5266950
((Pic unrelated))

The influx of light caused the Chimera to twitch in displeasure. Within the cage sat a strange beast, clearly not of natural make. Two large spikes protruded from its face. Upon further inspection, the lower one turned out to be a black beak, while the upper one was a coiled horn. From the neck down, it had strange shoulderblades, with the musculature of a mammal, yet covered in black feathers. Three wings sat atop its back, with the middle one folding and unfolding uselessly.

Its front legs were birdlike, ending in little talons that were too weak to do much more than grip branches and food. Its hind legs, however, were mammalian, with the powerful leaping ability of a rabbit. All in all, it was a bizarre mixture of traits. Black, grey, and brown all came together, to form a chimera made from three completely unassuming creatures.

"Coo~ Coo~"

Current body:
>Magpie
>Pigeon
>Almiraj

=====
"I see. Biomancy... Transmutation... And is that a... Ah, Magical beast husbandry. Excellent application of the various schools, my boy."

A floating quill scrawled on his outstretched scroll, as the professor spoke. You barely registered this, however, too busy trying to adjust to the blinding light of the hall. The sounds of chattering and distant explosions were disorienting enough when you were in the cage, but now that light was streaming in, your little eyes started to hurt even more. Your creator's smile soon faded, however, as the man continued.

"Now... What are the practical applications?"

"The... The what?"

"Practical applications, boy! Thompson over there is transmuting tin to pewter- useless by itself, but a new process, and alchemy is always in demand. Salena has written a theory on how darkness and light magic are one and the same. Your task was to present any sort of useful new development. Don't tell me you simply slapped this beast together for the sake of a presentation!"

"No! I- Well... I just... I thought..."

He trailed off, and the silence told the professor all he needed to know. He tutted disapprovingly, and the magic quill quickly scrawled an X on the parchment.

"Have you learnt nothing from your lessons, boy? We're teaching the next generation of innovators and archmages. Not hedge mages who play with magic like toys. Fine execution, do not misunderstand me, but unless you can explain your rationale by the end of the day, I'll be deducting points. A hefty amount!"

As the man walked off, your creator sulked and threw the cloth back over your cage, sparing you from the blinding werelights of the Great Hall. Peace once more...
>>
File: 1652400525179.jpg (44 KB, 517x500)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>5266955
You awoke to the sound of a door slamming. Leaping up from your nest of straw, you peered up at your creator. His eyes were red with tears, and he clutched a crumpled sheet of paper. With a flick of his wand, he ignited the fireplace in his chambers, quickly filling the room with a toasty, comfortable atmosphere. His demeanour, however, was anything but. The youth snatched up the thick book that lay on his desk, pulling out bookmarks and tossing his copied notes into the fire. For a moment, he seemed like he was about to fling the tome itself into the flames, but thought better of it.

He then turned around to face you. He paced before your cage for a moment, deep in thought and tugging at his brown hair. With a choked sob, he unlatched the metal bars and lifted you up. He held you up to his face, allowing you to get a good look at the torn, scrunched-up expression on his face. You turned your head to the side and preened your feathers, as your floppy ears fell onto his hands. Step by step, he moved towards the fireplace. His notes and research were already reduced to smouldering cinders, and his steps were uneven. His heart beat within his chest, and only then could you realise that something was wrong. The flickering flames were coming closer and closer, and he was tensing up. He wouldn't! No, he couldn't be about to...

You began to squirm in his grip, just to make your discomfort known. But he simply tightened his grip, now mere feet away from the fireplace. The warning bells rang in your mind, and you knew then you were in danger.

What will you do?
>Attempt to escape! Flee! Run far from this human, and make your way our. You'll no longer remain in your cage.
>Attack! This human is trying to kill you! He seeks to cast you into flames. Fight back, and harm him as best as you can to secure your safety.
>Stay still. This is your master. He's been taking care of you this whole time. Put your faith in him.
>>
>>5266957
Current body:
>Magpie

>>Attempt to escape! Flee! Run far from this human, and make your way our. You'll no longer remain in your cage.
>>
>>5266957
>Attempt to escape
>>
>>5266957
>Attack! This human is trying to kill you! He seeks to cast you into flames. Fight back, and harm him as best as you can to secure your safety.

Good luck surviving an almiraj horn in the face retard.
>>
>>5266957
>Attempt to escape! Flee! Run far from this human, and make your way our. You'll no longer remain in your cage.
>>
>>5266957
Worse we can do is scratch him, there is no way we win a fight with this big of a difference between our weight classes. Jab him with our horn so we get dropped then get the fuck out of there.

>Attempt to escape! Flee! Run far from this human, and make your way our. You'll no longer remain in your cage
>>
File: MC.jpg (26 KB, 258x278)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>5267008
>>5267011
>>5267021
>>5267066

>Attempt to escape! Flee! Run far from this human, and make your way our. You'll no longer remain in your cage

A sudden beating of your wings startles the boy into dropping you. He yelps, not wanting to get pricked or pecked by your sharp bits. A greater man would not be so averse to pain. But he's just a lad- an aspiring mage who's led a cushy life. And so, he relinquishes his grip at the first sign of danger. You take advantage of his distraction and begin flapping around the room, cawing loudly in protest. He ducks and covers his head, fearful of your struggling form. You slam into a painting, and then into the back of a chair, before managing to make your way out through the open window. He peeks his head out and shouts for you to come back, but it's too late. You've escaped into the afternoon light.

The Academy Grounds stretch out before you, and as you soar, you take a look at your options. To the East, where the window was facing, there's a rough circle of strange terrain. The ground is covered in squarish stone protrusions, with a large one right in the centre. It looks like the castle tower that you've just emerged from, actually. Curiosity is the only thing that really drives you towards it.

To the South, there's a forest. You feel your animal instincts being called towards it. You'll no longer be confined within the cage, and you ought to be free as any beast is! There, you ought to be able to reconnect with nature. Instincts tell you that this is where you'll fit in the most.

And finally, you could loop around. The Academy Grounds are familiar. Though your former master would share it with you, you at least know a little bit of this area. You've seen and smelt it from within your cage. Familiarity and complacency draw you towards the ground, and you consider landing out of sight and staying.

You're heavier than a bird, and your wings grow tired now. Where will you land?
>The Forest
>The City
>The Academy

((Pic not exactly how The Chimera looks, but the head and ears are close. Minus the horns of course.))
>>
>>5267202
>The Forest
>>
>>5267202
>The Forest
>>
>>5267202
>The Academy
Lets torment the students and teachers
We will be the greatest inconvenience in the history of the magic academy.
>>
>>5267202
>The City
I want a new human.
>>
>>5267288
Supporting, lets see if we can find someone cooler
>>
>The Academy.

Least dangerous area, and also the place with the best potential gains. We might be able to steal a potion or something.
>>
>>5267202
The Adcademy

Lets join the many crimes against god that litter the grounds.
>>
>>5267259
>>5267375
>>5267946

Locking in Academy
>>
>>5268124
I say we should it make a habit to poo on our creator's shoulder, at least once a week
>>
>>5268155
atleast stealing random stuff
>>
File: Harpyie.jpg (138 KB, 750x496)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>5268124

You flap your three wings vigorously. The magpie wing is useless, but your muscles force you to move it while in flight. Your pigeon wings, however, are far more reliable. You loop around the tower and return to the academy grounds. A courtyard lies before you, with several students practicing hydromancy on a little fountain in the centre. They're completely occupied, and haven't noticed you. Growing tired, you land beneath the lip of a rooftop, immediately eliciting a frenzy of cooing from beside you.

Between the eaves of the roof are several pigeons, tensing up and getting ready to fly. They look at you quizzically, unsure of what to make of it. You're simultaneously a pigeon, magpie, and Almiraj, and are no longer completely welcome among any one component of your own kind. A strange sensation overcomes you, and your beady eyes begin rolling about within their sockets.

Kill. Eat.

The magic speaks to you. These creatures are the building blocks of your body. If you eat them, it'll grant you greater strength and improve the stability of your form. And yet... You still feel kinship towards them, for you were once a pigeon too.

>Attack the pigeons
>Try to fit in with them
>Investigate the students instead
>>
>>5268245
>Investigate the students instead
I'm a creeeeeep

I'm a weeeirdoooooo
>>
>>5268245
>Attack the pigeons
>>
>>5268245
>>Investigate the students instead
>>
>>5268245
>attack the pigeons
It's feeding time
>>
>>5268245

>Attack the pigeons
>>
>>5268352
>>5268414
>>5268426

Writan
>>
File: 1652448382446.jpg (71 KB, 513x700)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
No, these aren't friends anymore. You can't quite see them as fellow pigeons. After all, you're no mere animal. You're a Chimera. Magic ties you together, keeping the incongruent parts of your body together and granting you power. These aren't companions. You have none. No, these are... Mere biomass.

You lunge forward, aiming to peck at the nearest pigeon. The others recognize the act of aggression and flutter off, leaving a cloud of feathers behind. Your beak isn't short enough to jab your target before it can fly off, and you expect it to get away. But luckily for you, your horn manages to impale it through the throat. It struggles and flaps, nearly throwing you both off the rooftop, but your hind legs give you far more muscular strength than a pigeon can muster. You slide it off your horn and clamber onto the tiles to eat.

Delicious.

The courtyard has gone silent though. As you rip slivers of flesh off, you notice the two students have been pulled from their work by the sudden flurry of activity. One of them is shielding his eyes from the sun while trying to get a glimpse of the rooftop.

>Keep eating without a care. You've earned a meal, and it's not like these kids can reach you. You have flight!
>Flee. You don't want to be caught or spotted at all, so staying under the radar is best.
>Hey, the fuck are these mouth-breathers staring at? Go peck the shit out of them.
>>
>>5268478
Crap, I keep forgetting to attach my name back.
>>
>>5268478
>>Keep eating without a care. You've earned a meal, and it's not like these kids can reach you. You have flight!
We will seranade them later, at the middle of the nigth, with horrible sounds.
>>
>>5268478
>Flee. You don't want to be caught or spotted at all, so staying under the radar is best.
They're mages. They may zap us.
>>
>>5268478
>Keep eating without a care. You've earned a meal, and it's not like these kids can reach you. You have flight!
>>
>>5268478
Is this gonna be yet another quest where we just eat things and grow stronger for an entire thread and then the QM flakes because there's no plot other than just eating? I'd honestly just be a retardedly small and weak chimera for the whole quest desu.
>>
>>5268552
Possibly. But that's exactly why I'm giving the option to be a retarded little menace and go around shitting on magicians and their dumb little robes.
>>
>>5268569
Yeah that sounds awesome. I would literally just like to RP as a pigeon ruining enchantments and concoctions by taking shits in them, in the name of vengeance.
>>
>>5268478
okay, I will change my vote >>5268499 to "flee" so OP can write.
but we must throw the dead pigeon at the kids.
>>
>>5268478
>>5268552
Resonable concern but bit if nothing else I want this first meal. Let the maglings watch.
>keep eating
>>
>>5268478
>>
These mooks are staring at you! The only human you've interacted with for long tried to throw you into a fire. It stands to reason that humans, in general, have a habit of throwing things into fire. You want no part of this, so you abandon the body and half flutter, half hop up the roof. You're quickly out of sight of the two, and your meal is left behind. It's a real shame, but there's still plenty more in this academy to explore. You pick up on the scent of food from the East. It's some sort of delicious aroma that a human would describe as 'buttery'. It's the first thing that catches your attention, so you flutter towards it without further thought.

The tower that it's coming from is a bit closer to the ground. You zero in on the aroma, discovering the source sitting by a windowsill. It's some kind of strange disc, with steam wafting off it. You pace about by the stone platform, sniffing the strange concoction. It certainly smells edible, so you obey your animal instincts and peck at it...

As your beak pierces through the crust, you're treated to a sweet, gooey interior. You squawk in pleasure as the flavour of redcurrant fills your mouth. While a bird wouldn't be able to taste, you're blessed with the ability to due to your Almiraj third. You throw yourself into a frenzy, devouring chunks of the pie and stepping all over it to get at the red bits. Even the outer crust is delicious. When you're done, you're almost too full to fly. You hear the vague sound of clanging from the other end of the window, and smell even more delectable delights within the kitchen.

>Leave a 'present' by the window and start playing with the remnants of the meal before you go. Make a big fucking mess.
>Fly off in search of something else. You've had a meal, and this doesn't interest you enough. (Write-In what you'd like to try and find)
>Go deeper in, perhaps there's more where this came from!
>>
>>5269472
>Go deeper in, perhaps there's more where this came from!
>Leave a 'present' by the window and make a mess en route, though
>>
>>5269472
try and fly of with the whole dish
>>
>>5269472
>>>Leave a 'present' by the window and start playing with the remnants of the meal before you go. Make a big fucking mess.
>>Fly off in search of something else.
A hideout.
>>
>>5269517
+1

Find somewere close to where meals are eaten. Èasy to scrounge for food if we don't feel bloodthirsty. Maybe even start scooping food of the plates while they are eating.
As a 2/3rds brid creature it's easy to want it to be high up but a burrow could be cool too.
>>
>>5269517
+1

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.