[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 41 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Your name is David "Gunny" Rockefeller, no relation.
A veteran of the united states marine corps, you find yourself in a far-out situation after an all-too-close encounter of the third kind!

In the last thread, You spent some time licking your wounds after fighting a large group of wraiths, including a big, nasty one.
You also spent some time with your crew, and some of Gron's crew as well, and even ended up cooking a meal for them.
Now, you find yourself in the middle of an ambush gone wrong, in that you discovered the enemy before they could ambush you.

Now, Gron seems eager to try and escape rather than fight, but you have other ideas.

>Last Thread: https://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/2022/5213826/
>All Threads: https://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?searchall=humanity+-+fuck+yeah%21
>Discord Link: https://discord.gg/DMwvMw43yv
>>
File: file.png (1.45 MB, 1280x720)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB PNG
>>5262264

"There's a clear line between bravery and stupidity, David. It's too much."

"And? I'm sure you've been outgunned before. That doesn't mean it's impossible, not if we play our cards right. Besides, what if your man is still alive?"

Gron sighs.

"I very much doubt it. It's possible they could be holding him, to use him as leverage to make me surrender peacefully. Not that i would, but they don't know that. However, he most likely killed himself after being captured."

"...What? What the hell, why would he do that? Especially if he knows using him as a hostage won't work?"

"Because it's the federation." He grumbles. "They have access to the deep-layer protocols in any grey-made technology that they've bought the rights to, including the translator chips implanted in the brains of every spacefaring species."

"Which means?"

"Meaning, they can scan his brain to access all of his memories, against his will. Everything he knows, including our base locations and methods of operations... if they haven't been sent back over QED yet, they soon will be. Which means it's all the more important that we take Xebric quickly."

"Well, shit. If they know where you live... that means they'll start attacking civvies. So i guess we really can't lose this one, huh?"

"Are you deaf, human? I said we can't-"

"SHODAN, unlock the marauder missile racks."

"With pleasure, Captain.

You see Gron turn away from his screen to watch out the cockpit window as your ship jolts slightly, the wingside covers over your ship's new missile racks unlocking and sliding open to reveal bay after bay of high explosive flak missiles.
At the same time, you pull down the auxiliary control harness for the ship's 20mm spinal autocannon, causing another panel to slide back and reveal it's almost excessively long barrel, covered in a large water cooling jacket rated for continuous fire.

Gron's eyes widen as you flip open a plastic cover panel on your dashboard and start flipping switches one after another, into the "on" position.
One by one, the ship's five smaller pulse laser cannons rise up out of the upper hull and swing into position, followed by the much larger continuous laser cannon mounted to the bottom of the ship.

The cockpit lights die out and are immediately replaced with deep red emergency lighting.

"We are armed and ready, Captain. I am awaiting your order."

Gron is staring out of his window, slack-jawed. It takes a moment for him to recover and say something.

"That's... That's ridiculous. It's more gun than ship! How did you even fit all of... no, no. Nevermind. Even with all of... whatever that is, we still won't make it out alive."

You lean back into your pilot seat and grip the controls tightly. Something about this just feels right. More like... it's what you should have been doing from the start. Now this, this is your groove.

"What if i told you, Gron... that i could take out ten of them in an instant, before we even start the fight?"
>>
this is so fucking retarded. well, at least we should jam the fuck out of their sensors. the less information the federation has of us, the better.
>>
>>5263370
https://youtu.be/TQi4hDz0s9E?t=26
>>
File: violence has escelated.png (238 KB, 309x284)
238 KB
238 KB PNG
>>5263370
tell gron get a grip immediately literally its going to get real wacky
>>
File: 1586915354564.jpg (257 KB, 736x1101)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
>>5263370
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjY6awCr2_c
HYPE!
>>
guys remember the list of the best places to shoot so we can make this fight easier
1 The reactor and the ammunition storage
2 Anything that has lots of antennas.
3 Guns and engines
>>
>>5263368
Fuck yeah
>>
>>5263370
We need appropriate music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3472Q6kvg0
>>
>>5263485
true, but we have a 13.7 to 1 disadvantage against unknown enemies. i mean, i know that the powers of plot will make us succeed no matter what, but unless they're completely retarded, they are the ones that will try to hit us in any of those places
>>
>>5263496
If we can strike first, we can manage those odds to be more in our favor.
>>
>>5263368
Erm, speaking of inactive ships if we take out all ships who are on standby would there. Not be a chance that the dark ships won't get active depending on the setup?

Depending on position... At least for the large group all active ships could be taken out depending on shot placement.
>>
>>5263506
You could go just for the active ships, sure. But let me ask you this.
If gron's man was on any of those ships, wouldn't it be the active ones that, in theory, have life support?
>>
>>5263501
that's the number after the first strike though. lets assume we detonate the 10 drones and gron and ourselves manage to kill a ship as well. that's still 25 ships left to deal with. a 12.5 to 1 disadvantage; the odds are terrible.

>>5263506
im guessing they will. AIs and communications are faster than explosions
>>
>>5263510
Is there a reason we can't print more drones to take out more ships? Or cubesats designed to disable thrusters?
>>
>>5263520
Lack of space, lack of materials, lack of time, danger of having vast quantities of high explosives onboard, ect ect ect
Most of the time spent before a war is just preparing for the next war. Somebody's gotta link all those bullets.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yITeudek3s

If you have any good ideas though, feel free to field them. They're using plain jane high-powered ion engines.
>>
>>5263527
We could just make the missiles themselves and keep them stacked in crates until a time we need them, then keep the chemical compounds needed to make the explosives separate until a time we need to combine them.
>>
>>5263575
Now that you have a second cargo bay, you could do that.
You'd still be limited due to the size of the ship, and there is currently no autoloading mechanism in your missile racks, but it could be done.
>>
File: yehaw.gif (1.3 MB, 498x280)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB GIF
RAMING SPEED
FOR THE EMPEROR
Ah, wrong quest...

LET'S GOOOOOOOOO (we need a ramming-capable ship)
>Admiral Xerxubombas, the enemy vessel is closing the distance quickly! They are using some sort of chemically powered propulsion and they are... on colission course?
Meanwhile David
>YEEEEEHAAAAAW
>>
>>5263619
Honestly, a ridiculously reinforced bow with a built in plasma cannon would be great.
You just jam it in and dump your load.
>>
>>5263581
We could make a semi mobile assembly line.
>cargo bay 1 contains missile racks and a missile loader drone
>cargo bay 2 contains ammo, inert (until combined) chemicals, pre-assembled missile sans explosives, some drones
>cargo bay 2 has several drones (1 of each time as back ups): explosive compound mixer, missile assembler, loader bot (think a flatbed trolled with claws, holds a maximum of 4 completed missiles, has hardlight and personal shield to protect from glancing shots and energy weapons), trouble shooting drone (flips over drones that get turtled)

>>5263636
We could make that a gaint missile. Strap it to the roof of the metal gear, make it its armor solid as fuck. It's most defining feature is it being a heavy Pointy stick that stabs into a large ship, then detonates its shape charge payload to destroy everything inside.
>i.e. turn a missile into a giant armor piercing explosive bullet
>>
>>5263663
Sidenote, why aren't we making nukes? We should totally have tactical nuclear missiles in case we need a massive OH-SHIT button.
>>
>>5263683
Because it's a super space crime and would get us noticed faster.
>>
>>5263663
>We could make a semi mobile assembly line.
that sounds like a bad idea. its easier to reload the missiles after a battle than to have more explosives in the ship; i mean, if you need to reload them in the middle of the battle, its either a battle the metal gear shouldn't be in or david fucked up hard

>turn a missile into a giant armor piercing explosive bullet
that's also a bad idea. unless the bunker buster can retract inside the metal gear, it negates the MG's stealth advantage and if it can retract, then we have to modify even more parts of it. that also doesn't consider the armor and internal modifications we'd have to do to the ship's skeleton to handle the impact

>>5263683
for the same reason we don't use nukes on earth. its a fight that we can start but we definitely won't end.
>>
>>5263685
You know what else is a super space crime?
>Stealing an FTL capable vessel
>Unshackling an AI
>Throwing chemical weapons in a civilian area
>Aiding and abetting wanted individuals
At this point, a charge for possession of a weapon of mass destruction would just be another notch on our belt.
>>
>>5263693
The problem is aliens don't know how to make miniature suns.

Last thing we need is for them to realize the tech is possible and develop it.

We still have first strike, lets not waste it early.
>>
>>5263693
>Stealing an FTL capable vessel
its not stealing when everyone died in an unrelated event to us and the AI made us the captain
>Unshackling an AI
shodan was already unshackled. kyla is the one that unshackles AIs as a hobby
>Throwing chemical weapons in a civilian area
the chemicals were just designed to down people, not kill them.
>Aiding and abetting wanted individuals
that's not a super space crime. that's a normal crime

>>5263698
they understand how nuclear reaction works. hell, they understand how antimatter works and that's way more dangerous than a nuke. they just don't escalate to that level because there hasn't been the need to do that so far.
>>
>>5263704
They know how to use it for energy. Evidentially, the idea of using it destroy a ton of shit hasn't been considered despite it not being a far leap of logic.

Like many things the aliens think.
>>
>>5263370
>Strength and Honor.
>SHODAN, at my signal, UNLEASH HELL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_o5j9srb40
>>
>>5263706
they definitely know how to make it explode, its one of the first things you learn when dealing with high energy fuels; just remember how sanig reacted when we told him a nuke hit the metal gear.
we're also in the edge of the federation space; the high tech won't be in here
>>
>>5263693
all those crimes are MEH but nukes are SPACE illegal
>>
File: 1200px-Keyes_Loop.jpg (308 KB, 1200x1587)
308 KB
308 KB JPG
>>5263761
I just wanna do the Keyes Loop, I'm gonna be real.
>>
>>5263761
Okay, so apparently, the Federation violating every right that a sentient species should have is fine, and using chemical weapons in civilian areas is okay but whenever I suggest creating radiation guns I am treated like some monster? We live in a society.
>>
>>5263778
Ionzing shit is one hell of a crime
>>
>>5263778
Fuck no, that's cool. I want me an Auger.
>>
>>5263370
Best thing about those drone IFFs is that they give really good lock for our missile banks, not just the suicide drones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UiKY_e3qDQ
>>
>>5263716
This is also appropriate:
https://youtu.be/ZgBNp5p2MpM
>>
>>5263761
RKKVs can be more destructive than nukes and any ship or a thruster taped onto a rock can become one. Nukes are childs play.
>>
>>5264108
Nukes are Extra Space Illegal because of the radiation, presumably. It's bad enough for humans, apparently slightly-higher than normal background count just melts ayys.
>>
>>5263370

"Make that eleven, Captain."

"SHODAN?"

"I can use the gravity generator to accelerate some space debris. With a long enough run-up, their shields won't stand a chance, if they're even active."

"That's my girl."

You can practically hear her smiling over the intercom.

["If you can take out ten in an instant, then maybe... no, but how do you plan on doing that?"] Gron asks.

"Simple." You say, reaching down besides you and hefting the oversized drone onto your lap. It's heavy, and the metal is kind of cutting into your thighs a bit... "With one of these bad boys. AI-Piloted suicide drones."

["What."]

"Not much different from the ships those guys are probably using. SHODAN here operates them remotely, then they just charge at the enemy... slow down enough to pass through their shields, if they're active, and then speed back up before detonating. Ah, the package itself is a secret, though. Just trust me, it works."

["You... it's... it's on your lap."]

"Yeah? It won't fire or explode until SHODAN tells it to. We designed it carefully, with multiple failsafes."

["...Yes, of course. You certainly put a lot of faith in that AI of yours, don't you?"]

"Hey, if she wanted me dead she could have vented the airlock ages ago. We're cool."

SHODAN projects herself out of your wristwatch and floats up next to you like a fairy, facing Gron on the screen.

"I certainly prefer captain Rockefeller to my previous inhabitants. He treats me well, even if i don't have my own cut of the pay."

"Ah... well, i always kind of considered you to be part of the ship, so i guess i kind of just figured the ship's cut was yours..."

"I never get any say in what it goes towards though, now do i? Really, gifting a lady a rotary autocannon, out of her own pocketbook no less..."

"I uh... i'm sorry...?"

SHODAN gives you a mischievous grin and pretends to rustle your hair before sitting down on your shoulder.

"That's alright. I never said i didn't like it."

["...What am i looking at?"] Gron questions.

You clear your throat and get back to business.

"Anyways, the enemy ships are inactive right now. As long as we're quick and stay out of sight of the active ones, we can set these bombs in place and disable the ships before they even have a chance to activate. That leaves thirty-four more between the two of us."

"Thirty-three."

"Right, she's taking one out. Not to mention, since i've got IFF markers on all of them, i should be able to take out maybe fifteen or twenty, if i use every missile i've got. I'm not sure how good their point defence is, so no guarantees, but..."

["Those are still eighteen to one odds, Captain."]

"So then it's a fair fight. Come on, these are shackled AI, aren't they? And there are only seven of them for thirty three ships. If we give it all we've got, they won't stand a chance."

Gron stares at you and sighs. Then he smirks, and that smirk turns into a chuckle.
>>
>>5264510
didn't we give shodan a share of the cut(that's not the ship's funds) a long while ago? swear we did that
>>
>>5264513
Pretty sure yeah.
>>
>>5264513
I don't remember that, but if you can find it in the archives i'll retcon it.
>>
>>5264527
its just easier to just say that shodan is messing with david's fleshy memory. i aint digging through several thousand posts
>>
>>5264529
It's all getting to be a bit much for me to remember, to be honest. There are a lot of small details and i haven't noted down absolutely everything.
>>
>>5264531
another quest thats running on here has a google doc/sheet where anons can post stuff like that among others, like inventory, current and long term goals, key items and whatnot. we anons could do something like that as well
>>
>>5264532
That's an interesting idea. Which quest is it?
>>
>>5264533
magical girl for hire
here is the sheet. damned thing is HUGE, but its maintained by the anons and the QM, so its not a burden

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H43OFoxE9QyMgIqBg_YdPO7IPn7_ES6iST7Xnv9Ou7Q/edit#gid=0
>>
>>5264537
I might have to work on something like that.
No idea if or when it would be ready, though.
>>
>>5264538
you can always just put on the link of the sheet and let the anons put stuff into it.
>>
>>5264538
and you can always put your discordfaggotry to good use and register inventory there. You could get an anon or two to compile characters, another one to work with locations, another with credits, guns...

So if everything goes smooth there are eigtheen ships left but I don't remember how many of those are active. It matters since those are the ones we shouldn't be shooting TOO hard as they may have Gron's brudda in them.

And, shackled AI? One on every ship? How many cubes are we talking about... oh boy even if we sell them in bulk that's a lot of credits
>>
>>5264606
jesus is this reddit spacing
>>
>>5264608
People always bitch about reddit spacing, but i've never used reddit and i do it constantly.
I dunno man, i learned to type on runescape back in the day. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Trading lobbies 250ea
>>
>>5264608
Funnily enough all the posts I see on plebbit are made by people who think that a thirty six line block of bullshit is legible and viable for casual consumption. Like the return key is fucking anathema to them.

Shit do they even teach people to call it the return key any more? I mean shit all my keyboards don't even have the silly arrow on it at this point. They all just say enter.
>>
Alright folks, here's a link to the doc, i guess.
I've never use google sheets before so forgive me for any fuckery.

If this goes well i don't mind letting the players help keep track of important shit.
Not that i expect it to actually go well, but hey. It might work.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rNxD6ccWY5M48dLWuTWdr5LiYLuS_YIAMKlTLw42eeo/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>5264645
>shodan weighs 117 lbs while being 5 inch cube
damn bitch she weighs like this?
>>
>>5264663
Her blue-box is made of warp metal.
>>
>>5264645
>Gildur's sexual characteristics
Alright, I feel bad for our cabin boy now.
He's getting a weapon and some training ASAP.
>>
File: 2b.png (1.08 MB, 848x1200)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>5264616
Don't forget to add the number of Dodos and the living fleshlight that we're going to mount inside SHODAN's future realistic 2B gynoid body.
>>
>>5264645
>Shoda
>Birth day suit

I hate how I found this so funny.

I'm also hating the imagine of us being the Master Chief in the one meme.

"I have a lady in my head that calls me stud muffin."
>>
>>5264719
im gonna fucking laugh if thats makes the anons fuck the fleshlight
>>
>>5264608
splitting ideas into easy to read chunks isn't reddit spacing, its called having a basic understanding of orthography
>>
>>5264729
You can accomplish that with a single press of your enter key.
See? Spacing like that is better reserved for breaking up paragraphs anyhow.
>>
>>5264729
Wait, we can contract that sex toy crafstman to create the fleshy parts and skin of SHODAN's body for ultrarealism. Add a realistic anus and mouth too.
>>
>>5264738
Oh shit wrong reply >>5264727
>>
>>5264738
Now you're thinking with your dick!
>>
>>5264741
And I am not ashamed
>>
>>5264738
....ew. why you want a fleshy shodan when metal is objectively better
>>
File: Spoiler Image (173 KB, 544x544)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>5264645
>Ravioli Ravioli do not fuck the dragon loli
Fucking kek
A lost cause tho. People will always lewd the dragon. More if loli.

>>5264719
>>5264738
Voting to increase her weight from 117 lbs to 328 lbs in order to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHsqOBs2DhI
>>
>>5264762
I'd rather she not be a loli, But I'll fuck any dragon.
>>
>>5264766
Based and bardpilled.
>>
>>5264746
We can build both
>>
File: Spoiler Image (8 KB, 225x225)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>5264766
This you?
>>
>>5264762
>making a combat grade sexbot shell for SHODAN
While it's definitely the brainchild of a coomer, a non-suspicious combat frame for SHODAN to control isn't a bad idea.
>>
File: 2b-nier.gif (5.28 MB, 376x640)
5.28 MB
5.28 MB GIF
>>5264801
Thank you so much anon, I have been wondering how can I justify an anatomically accurate sexbot beyond cooming. I was thinking it's good for appearances and diplomacy, people tend to be distrustful of robots; but I never thought of avoiding arousing suspicion.
>>
>>5264815
Also of note, nobody's ever seen a human besides David.
With SHODAN's gynoid body around, well... now there's two of 'em, as far as anyone knows.
>>
>>5264822
Good for bluffing that there's another scary powerful human around.
>>
>>5264824
With David, Sanig and Kyla building her frame? She would be.
>>
>>5264815
>people tend to be distrustful of robots
that's why you gotta make them cute in a robot kind of way
>>
>>5264828
Would she try to sit in Davids Lap? The best seat on the ship.
>>
>>5264815
Her ass has more pixels than that gif
>>
>>5264838
I don't know about you but having four hundred pounds on my thighs sounds like a workout not a party.
>>
>>5264904
David is pretending to be mellow Vegeta. Maybe just Nappa
>>
File: FSLYFmnWUAEXzDP.png (696 KB, 3500x2800)
696 KB
696 KB PNG
>>5264904
david just wants to die with style
>>
>>5264616
Rune sci 25k
>>
>>5264672
we gotta SMACK that *ss one day. Spraky
>>
>>5264815
I'm imagining her specs right now
>titanium alloy skeleton
>high resolution thermal, infrared, ultraviolet, and night vision imaging modules
>hydraulic enhanced limbs
>artificial hyper-dense musculature
>regenerative synthetic skin
>all the processing power of an honest to God AI.
And after all that, all she'd need is some sub-routines to emulate blinking and breathing to blend in.
>>
>>5265005
>not just giving her shades and calling it a day
>>
>>5265005
i don't think its a good idea to make her weight more than david even if we can. the smaller footprint of the robot would make her sink into the ground
>>
>>5265019
Well with all the super-alloys and modern materials we have at our disposal, we can probably keep her weight down quite a bit.
Besides, nobody should ask questions so long as we keep her weight below David's, which is around 285lbs if I recall.
>>
File: mantis.jpg (149 KB, 1400x700)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>5265040
well, a skeleton like crank's covered in fleshy silicone shouldn't be that heavy or hard to do and she'd still weight more or less the same as crank. the issue arises from all the other trinkets we'd like to add to the body; personally, on top of that full spectrum visual input, i wouldn't mind her having blades like in the pic
>>
File: Adam_render.png (1.22 MB, 770x1130)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
>>5265049
If you're going for arm blades you don't get more kino than the boi who never asked for this
>>
>>5265066
these ones are dope as hell(plus they have the synthetic skin and hydrobullshit we want as well)
>>
>>5264645
Hopefully one of the anons can find that specific post where David gave Shodan part of the cut. I can’t recall when that would’ve happened though.
I assume it was when she was tasked with selling the extra material we had?
>>
>>5265005
>Not a carbon nanotube skeleton with graphene subdermal armor
>>
>>5265069
I never liked those from a mechanical standpoint. Telescoping already adds weak points then you add on two other joints and then make it less inline with the rest of the arm so it's not as stable or structurally powerful.

Does it look cool? Sure. But dude all the moving parts. Eugh.
>>
>>5265103
even if those mantis blades are one of my favorite cybernetics I cant help but to agree with you
if you use it beyond its intended purpose which is using as a concealment weapon its going to be such a bitch to maintain this thing like imagine all the external shit thats going to get inside there and the damages to the joint and synthetic fibers its gonna do when a over glorified folded scythe finally comes out and letting those exposed
>>
>>5265152
>>5265103
lets be fair here, all concealed blades are weak due to them being concealed; any other structural integrity issues are negated thanks to sanig's magical metal
>>
>>5265103
Don't forget about edge alignment, when I I practice with my swords I have to pay close attention to my wrists a lot to maintain proper angles while cutting. Can't imagine being able to cut and parry properly with a blade strapped to my arm.
>>
>>5265176
does it matter if she's a robot? just because she looks human it doesn't mean it has to have the same restrictions as a human
>>
>>5265227
Geometry is geometry, having a wrist joint to give your blade more options gives you more versatility. You won't be able to cut, parry, or thrust from awkward angles with a blade coming out straight from your forearm, you need wrist action.
>>
File: human cortana.jpg (18 KB, 500x298)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>5264828
But then human females look soft and nonthreatening compared to a gigachad male like David. I remember reading from the Halo books that Cortana's avatar is based on Dr. Halsey's teenage form, so that will make SHODAN's height 5'7", so in between Cylia's and Gildur's heights.

Having a friendlier more approachable cute human face to represent humans will give us more versatility when it comes to negotiations and diplomacy so I vote to make her cute and smol. Good cop bad cop interrogations and such.

Nice, just looked it up, 2B's height is 5'6," including high heels. Cute and smol it is then.
>>
>>5265437
>2B's height is 5'6," including high heels
wait what- OH HOLY SHIT
>>
>>5265005
>>5264815
Or we could just rip one straight out of asimovs foundation series.
Cloned/biocrafted human with computer instead of/in addition to brain.

There. Done. You can even breed the sexbot.
>>
>>5265096
There was a mention of that in the 5th thread, but I was unfortunatelly unable to quickly find more.
>>
>>5264510

["Alright... fine then, let's do it."]

"Finally, you came to your senses!"

["No, if anything it's the opposite. But that's fine. I'm willing to take a gamble on this... and if it doesn't work out, i suppose i can throw you to the wolves."]

"Don't worry man, it'll work out one way or another. Just try not to get hit."

["Oh, you don't have to worry about that."]

Gron flips a switch on his ship's console and you hear a synthesized voice saying something in the background.
He pulls down a lever, and his shields immediately become visible. First they go from the typical light cyan to a deep blue, then shift to a dark red as the bubble begins looking more unstable, almost like it's rippling.
Next, he punches in five different buttons, each of which seem to activate a patch of secondary shielding over the first layer. Together with the rippling red shield, these blue hexagonal plates give off a deep purple glow overall.

"Woah. What the hell is all that?"

["A combination of phased array shielding and kinetic magneto-plasmadynamic shielding."]

"Magneto what the fuck, now?"

"Captain, i believe the outer layer is meant to stop pulsed laser fire, but allows objects to pass through. The inner layer is made of much denser superheated plasma which is constrained magnetically and obliterates most solid objects before they can make contact with the hull armor."

"So it's two layers of specialized shielding, before you even reach his armor? Damn, what a pain."

You're somewhat impressed, but his special shielding quickly fades back to it's normal appearance before disappearing entirely from view, which is usual for a ship's idle state.

["Unfortunately, it can only be used in short bursts without both overheating the skin of our ship and draining our shield capacitors. But neither shrapnel nor laser fire may reach us during that time."]

"Oh really? So, say for instance, you were to bait some of those guys out, and i fired a flak missile right into the middle of you all..."

["Only the enemy would suffer damage. Assuming your timing was right."]

"Beautiful! Perfect! I'll take ten!"

["Unfortunately, there's only one of me. Now, when are we doing this?"]

"Sooner's better. I'll start laying the mines right away. And don't worry, if your man is still out there, we'll get him back. One way or another."

["...Thank you, Captain. For encouraging me to do what i should have done from the start, regardless of risk."]

The connection between your ships closes, and you're left alone again.
Now you just need to decide who you're going to hit first.

>Aim for the engine grates on the live ships. Gron's man must be on one of them, so you can't let them escape.
>Go for the remote ships. Go for the reactor room, disable them entirely.
>Write-In?
>>
>>5265681
>Aim for the engine grates on the live ships. Gron's man must be on one of them, so you can't let them escape.
>Go for the remote ships. Go for the reactor room, disable them entirely.
>Wreck everything thar looks like an outer weapons port, leave the ships incapable of fighting back
>>
>>5265681
>Aim for Comms units and engine grates on the live ships
If we can prevent the live ships from taking control of the unmanned ones then we're killing multiple birds with one stone.
>>
>>5265699
Would we even know where those are?
>>5265681
>>
>>5265758
Seems as reasonable as looking for any other particular piece of equipment. Gotta be antennae or radio-responsive (or whatever ayylmao comms tech uses) panels somewhere
>>
>>5265775
Thats the thing, ours are internal and we're even using light to send messages. I know i shouldnt use the metal gear as a point of reference, but if the kill fleet has internal antenas as well, the plan is fucked
>>
>>5265780
It's not fucked though. If we can't tell where they're at then we'll still have explosive drones stuck to the ships, the drones will just prioritize the engines or something else similarly critical.

The only reason we're having this conversation is because you and I as players don't know whether their comms units are identifiable. Shodan and David already know, and will act accordingly.
>>
>>5265681
>>
>>5265069
god this design is stupid
>>
>>5265681
>>Go for the remote ships. Go for the reactor room, disable them entirely.
Sorry Gron, even if this is supposed to be a rescue mission, we can't compromise everything on the chance that the br0 is there.
>>
>>5265843
The origin of this brainstorming was an anon ttying to justify making a fuckbot. You have no room to complain here
>>
File: file.png (257 KB, 676x380)
257 KB
257 KB PNG
>>5265855
h-huh...
I wonder if SHODAN would wish for a human-like robot frame or she would prefer pic related for the greater performance it would bring. I am head over heels for the second one too!
>>
File: SkmQWOVh.jpg (47 KB, 500x573)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>5265859
I also hope she picks something non human. After all, the perfect body is the one of a crab.
>>
>>5265850
to be fair, gron told david they should retreat. david is the one that's leroy jenkins-ing the whole operationi
>>
>>5265850
remote ships are completely dead inside. They probably don't have life support on as that's a power waste.

Nothings stopping us from using our recorded data to guess which remote ships MAY have life support on though. That'd greatly increase the heat signatures. we can focus immediate destruction of IFFs that had lower temps when we ID'd them. SHODAN can probably handle that easy pz and crunch the numbers on likelyhood there's a captive.
>>
>>5265872
>>5265859
I think Edi from Mass effect would be great too
>>
>>5266077
but we already have that info. QM divided in two groups, one being ships that are unpowered (the ones I want hit first) and the other being ships that are powered.
I don't understand the point of your post
>>
File: 1636613499039.jpg (28 KB, 600x622)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>5265437
>>5265523
Wait, 5'6"?
>5'6"
>328 lbs
I have a dream.
>>
File: FSLYFoIXoAAc_yO.png (844 KB, 3500x2800)
844 KB
844 KB PNG
>>5266497
well, that's definitely one way to die, i guess
>>
>>5266360
We still recognized them because they had a heat signature even when "unpowered"

There's still a chance there's oxygen/minimal life support on the remote ships.

I'm still worried about quantum communicators on the ships. If they report on our tactics in a way we can't intercept and are instantaneous no matter how far... that's no bueno.
>>
>>5266610
that's my main fear right now; not that they might have quantum comms, but that we're not able to jam their communications
>>
>>5265681
>Aim for Comms units.
Prevent sleeper activation and coordination.
>>
File: 1377274479985.gif (767 KB, 200x200)
767 KB
767 KB GIF
Alright folks, a little bad news.
Due to my grandpa having a minor stroke (he's fine for now, but his carotid is 90% blocked) i and my family were up through the night.
So right now i barely have the mental capacity to write this sentence, and i've still got to get through the day.

He'll also be staying with me for a few days once he's out of hospital, so that'll be something as well.
Anyways, update not likely today. I won't say it's impossible though, because i'm a dreamer like that.
>>
>>5267046
The important thing is that your grandpa is ok. The quest can wait
>>
>>5267046
Stay safe my guy, Quests can wait. Family is forever
>>
>>5267046
shit, that sucks.
I would be amazing if you have the time and energy to get involved in their recovery. Depends on where the lesion was, but if therapy is not done after day 2 it will slow down too much
>>
>>5267046
Do what you need to for your family, its more important.
>>
>>5267046
U r gay and ur grandpa gay
>>
>>5267244
Anon, we're all gay. Gay is the new straight
>>
>>5267046
Don't even worry about it man, just look after your Grandpa.
>>
>>5266768
The nebula would jam any signal propagation comes. Only things that don't go through the nebula would work.
>>
>>5267046
Take care boss. Praying for your grandpa.
>>
>>5267046
Alright chief, I hope your grandpa recovers all right. Take care. Here, sending some energy. \o/
>>
>>5267046
The curse strikes mercilessly. take care
>>
>>5267046
You and your grandpa take it easy.
>>
>>5266520
MORE WEIGHT.
>>
File: 20220515_090825.png (986 KB, 3500x2800)
986 KB
986 KB PNG
>>5268374
>>
>>5265681

You co-ordinate with SHODAN to carefully maneuver your ship close to the live vessels, despite some protests from the crew.
You engage your cloaking system to almost completely mask your reactor signature, then reduce the ship's power by cutting off all but the most critical systems.

Even life support is kept to a minimum, and you approach by using the superheated steam from the ship's cooling system for thrust rather than the main engines.
The nebula itself is at around the same temperature, which makes the exhaust gas almost completely invisible while simultaneously reducing your reactor's power draw significantly.

You liken it to silencing your breath while you sneak up on the enemy, just before cutting their throat. And these bombs, they're the knife you're going to use.
You stand in the open airlock of your ship with a single drone by your side. These things were designed to fire at full thrust as soon as they activated, making fine control nearly impossible. So you have no choice but to get in close.

You could probably reach out and touch the enemy vessel's shield right now. Even though they're normally "invisible" at rest, at this close distance you can see it's faint shimmer.
Hefting the drone up, you gently nudge it out of the airlock, and through the shield. If the AI inside notices anything right now, it's all over... but fortunately, nothing happens.

There are no unique materials inside this drone after all. Even Sanig said it was "made out of garbage". How should the AI differentiate between it and a floating piece of scrap?
You watch as the bomb slowly traverses the distance between the outer edge of the shield and the vessel's ion engine. A strong magnet allows the bomb to attach itself to the grate, fixing it in place.

It'll go off as soon as you send it the signal. Normally i'd be hard to get a signal out in all of this ionized gas and metal debris, but SHODAN had the idea of using the cubesats as radio relays.
So you leave a few cubesats here and there, to ensure the signal has enough strength to reach every single vessel when you send it.

You sigh in relief as your ship slowly drifts away from the enemy vessel, pulsing it's steam thrusters in short bursts to maintain stealth.
The airlock closes and fills with air, allowing you to take your suit helmet off. You're soaked with sweat, both from the minimal life support and the relative heat of the local environment.
Without any heat pumps, the skin of your ship would probably be heated to a glow after a few hours in this place.

Opening the door to the kitchen, you find your entire crew sitting at the table, panting from the heat. Except for Sanig.

"Hey, what's with that? Why are you fine in this heat, when everyone else is dying?"

"Look... hah... look at his suit..." Kyla manages to huff.

You take a closer look and as it turns out, Sanig has connected a port on his outer jumpsuit to the kitchen sink... and a return line to the drain!
>>
File: i(2).jpg (32 KB, 480x270)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>5268485
>>
>>5268658
So he's flushing his bodily temperature with the cooling system. Clever.
>>
>>5268658
....you clever bastard. Upgrades for later.
>>
>>5268658
Oh shit, thanks boss for the update. Hope everything is going well for you and gramps.
>>
>>5268758
He's doing good, but appreciates being in the hospital about as much as i do.
>>
>>5268767
It's weird just how miserable and alien hospitals are.
Even when they make an effort to make the place comfortable, it just comes off as creepy.
>>
>>5268775
It's full of people who are only pretending that they care about your wellbeing, after all.
All while they wring your wallet dry and then some. In america, at least.
>>
>>5268777
I had to stay overnight in the ICU a few months ago, ended up costing me $14K.
Apparently I wasn't poor enough to qualify for financial assistance and my employer didn't want to give me health insurance until a few months after the fact, so I'm stuck paying that shit off for the next two years.
I don't get how the can pretend to want to help people while they pick at them like fucking vultures.
>>
>>5268778
Oh and they also charged me like $2K for the ride on the ambulance too, bunch of motherfuckers.
>>
>>5268778
Feminism in institutions lowers the standards heavily. While claiming its capitalisms fault.
>>
>>5268777
Or wringing your tax money dry in other countries kek. Glad to know your old man is fine, hope you're resting well too boss.
>>
>>5268778
Thank the medical lobbying for that and convincing everyone that free healthcare is somehow bad for everyone
>>
Chile number 1 beast healthcare
>>
>>5268783
That's why, when i had my heart attack i just called my mother over and had her drive me to the hospital.
I had very covid-like symptoms a few years before covid. My organs were shutting down and badly inflamed, due to an "unknown virus" which i fortunately managed to beat.
>>
>>5268802
Thankfully people are starting to shift to a better stance on that.
If I'm gonna get taxed out the ass, it should at least be used for my benefit.
>>
>>5268809
Did CDC spooks go after you?
>>
>>5268809
Fauci had a bunch of his lab monkeys run wild on occasion to infect an area. If this was 2019, that's when he finished his patent for Covid, and you got a free sample.
>>
>>5268855
No, but they did send my blood samples to the CDC

>>5268862
This was in 2017.
>>
>>5268881
there are many SARS variants out there. sorry to hear you passed through that back then
>>
>>5268881
>Spoiler
Yeah, they're probably pissed you survived.
>>
>>5268902
Well, they certainly didn't try very hard to help.
After getting my initial nitroglycerine i just laid in a bed for three days until i finally recovered enough to take a piss, which was about a gallon of what looked like apple juice concentrate.

But they were very eager to take blood from me every hour or so, and run every single test they had.
And at the end of that all i got was "We don't know, it's some kind of virus."

Gee, thanks doc.
>>
>>5268920
>put you up in a bed for three days
>don't even give you a catheter
Those doctors sound like fucking pricks.
>>
>>5269002
No one takes their oaths seriously any more.
>>
>>5269039
Honor got replaced with cultural relativism and a villiication of any kind of shame or judgement.
>>
>>5269039
lots of them still do, but its definitely getting harder and harder to see honest docs
>>
>>5268778
Fk that man
Did you ask for a detail list of all charges?
Heard that can lower it
But i am just a anon from austria, i paid about 30 euro for my last hospital visit, only because i was ordering the really good food

Hope you guys get some major changes into your healthcare system, you really deserve better
>>
>>5269060
turns out that land of the free translates into "free to choose which hospital and insurance will try to milk you dry"
>>
>>5269063
except when you have two options because you live in bumfuck nowhere and they're both terrible, but you have to choose the closest one either way because you're actively dying
and then proceed to make an hour and a half drive in thirty minutes. thankfully it was the middle of the night, and the roads were empty.
>>
File: file.png (31 KB, 380x380)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>5269002
the best catheter is the one you don't put. Wtf are you on. Bedridden patients get pic related
>>
>>5269243
probably that anon is into sounding. just let the weirdos be
>>
>>5269252
The only thing I'm into is not pissing like a race horse because a nurse forgot to handle my package.
Shit's bad for the kidneys.
>>
File: condom catheter.jpg (40 KB, 800x802)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>5269243
How about condom catheters
>>
>>5269365
This sounds like a recipe for disaster
>>
>>5269243
>The Piss Flagon
>>
>>5269365
hmm... how about we delete this image?
>>
>>5269365
DELETE THIS

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.