[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Jarnoia 2022-05-09-21-45.jpg (909 KB, 5160x4320)
909 KB
909 KB JPG
Read the Rules here: https://pastebin.com/mKrDuUhV

Getting Started
Pick a color from the map and fill in the bits below. You’ll have 7 points to assign into the stats below.

Name: Rename your civ from its color here.
Wealth:
Population:
Culture:
Knowledge:
Military:
-----------
Each player leads a small iron age civilization scraping by in a hostile fantasy world. Some may be the progeny of ancient dragons, while others are merely evolved chimps that have discovered the secrets of agriculture. No matter how you or your people came to be your future awaits you here.

After you've selected your color feel free to explain your civilization and roll your first turn. Colors are available on a first come first serve basis.
>>
>>5262577
Name: Dragon Imperium & deep sapphire blue
Wealth: 1
Population: 3
Culture: 1
Knowledge: 1
Military: 1

It's a nation of curvy kobolds, who are thiccems, and yes my lady kobolds do have breasts because it is my fantasy nation. They also are prolific breeders. I will fluff more later
>>
Rolled 29 (1d100)

> Yellow - Kultele
> Wealth - 1
> Population - 2
> Culture - 1
> Knowledge - 2
> Military -1

A simple tribe of river folk that over the years, have mastered the secrets of controlling fire via their inborn magics. They worship the Sun, and thank it for life. They fish and farm rice for food.

> Action 1.

The Kultele decide to raise their culture, constructing a temple in honor of the Sun upon the shore of the lake where they dwell.
>>
>>5262577
Name: Church of Dave
Color: Yellow
Wealth 1:
Pop 1:
Culture 3:
Knowledge 1:
Military 1:

After a great drought a number of desperate tribes began to tear at each other's throats. Until a messiah visited them showing them the wonders of agriculture. The tribesmen united under the prophet and exalted him to the high priest of all villages.
>>
>>5262577
Name: Cult of Arthon
Wealth: 0
Population: 1
Culture: 5
Military: 0

>Wall of fluff below.

The followers of the Great Broodmothers are a relatively new thing, yet its prophet is known have been from before the great fall of an empire of humanity. Their name is Korem, and they were the first to ascend, specifically blessed by Miros. For a long time, they did not understand the true meaning of their blessing when they first got it, however, as years turned to decades, and their strength never faded and instead only grew further, combined with what they were told of the past and reoccurring dreams they had in the present, they came to realize a truth. And with this truth, they grew invested into finding out more. The reason for the collapse was not humanities fault, or anything of the sort. No, it was destined to happen in time simply by human nature, and it was a good thing.

For while much in the way of destruction was wrought to the lands which humanity lived, they would turn back to a natural order. Insects before this had grown to be minor small things, no bigger than a hand at most and very few threatening, but now in the lands Korem lived, they had once more returned to their full potential, and with the same manner that the insects became stronger, so to could humanity. Instead of leaving humanity to die, the Great Broodmothers in their mercy desired instead for this to be a chance for humanity to get closer to them and come to understand their place, and to grow stronger in the process, further more specialized than ever before in thriving far greater in their home environment and surviving in any other. In time the reason for all of this would elude Korem, but eventually it would become clear that humanity was merely a transition stage, a part of a long, long process that lasted hundreds of thousands of years. Regardless with this revelation it was clear that the humanity of old needed to be reforged anew, into the Broodmothers own. Of course, no one else shared this view, at least at first. Most shunned Korem, instead continuing on their own flawed path. Yet, eventually, they would find those who took to their revelations, and accepted them. And after a long journey would set up in a small abandoned town, one that had deep in the mines much in the way of material that could be used to bring the faithful closer to the Great Broodmothers. At first, there were no known ways to utilize such, but Korem would have revelations on how to bring others to be blessed by Miros. And from there, as more revelations of the blessings of the other Broodmothers came to be, along with the nature of the world and the Broodmothers, the faith grew, and those who previously shunned the faith or ignored it would come back begging for forgiveness and working to prove their worth and newfound faith. Their faith would be found lacking, but they would work well. Given time, they ideally would become truly faithful.
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

Arthron Cultism, or simply Arthronism is a faith which believes in a pantheon of deities they call broodmothers. The important broodmothers in question are Asili, Mother of Flies and manager of Death. Varedant, Mother of Bee's and granter of Life. Cicindace, Mother of Cicada's and creator of Music. Xenes, Mother of Dragonflies and controller of War. Miros, Mother of Moths and maker of Medicine Medicine. Pomme, Mother of Butterflies and Inventor of change. Damerus, Mother of Scorpions and creator of the desert sands. Gokobu, Mother of Roaches and granter of Resilience. Yitikou, Mother of Spiders and creator of Traps. Morchag Mother of Ants and granter of Diligence. And Vespus, Mother of Wasps and granter of Bravery. There are others, tied to other insects, yet they are more minor. As one can guess, Asili and Varedant are the most important, yet they aren't opposed, and Asili isn't seen as inherently bad, merely doing what needs to be done.

As for the nature of society, the members of the cult are divided into three sections. The Uncasicrated, The Acolytes and The Ascended. The Uncasicrated are everything that are humans or members of other races which do not show signs or traits of the Great Broodmothers. The Acolytes are simply the transition period from one to become ascended, or are those who have been blessed with such traits as carapace, antenna, and other insectoid traits. And lastly The Ascended are those who have been granted enough traits to represent a flawless mix of one of the Great Broodmothers children. In essence, the Uncasicrated are often times either new devotees or people not of the cult, while Acolytes and Ascended are those who either were born in the cult or served it long enough to receive the blessings of the Great Broodmothers. Lastly, despite their changes, they are still recognizable as having been human once, though so far peoples other than humans have yet to be blessed to such a status, and as such how similar to their original form they would appear is unknown.

>Background Fluff end

With the foundation of a proper settlement on the bones of the long dead empire of ages past, the church worked upon expanding it's flock from the various nomadic and traveling people's around so as to expand the population so that future work to improve the growing theocracy could be done easier. Korem was instrumental in convincing others to join, though it was clear there was more that needed to be done than just growing the population. The nature of the various blessings from the Broodmothers was something not fully understood yet. While more basic forms from the Great Broodmothers were possible, they weren't easy to bestow, and it would likely require a fair greater investigation in order to ensure that the faithful are properly blessed as they should. There were many other issues that needed to be dealt with at first, but this first step was a vital one for ensuring the strength of faith.

>Grow population and blessing project.
>>
Rolled 45 (1d100)

>>5262577
Name: Skeleton Shogunate (white)
Population 1:
Culture 1:
Knowledge: 2
Military: 2

Behold! From the dead they return once again in a glorious do over! From previous feudal lands they have been reforged in an attempt to try everything once again

>Raise Population
Before any real progress can be made it’s best to increase the work force and what better way to do that then by partaking in the old ritual of dancing on skeletons and bringing them back?

(4chan deleted my last attempt at writing this)
>>
>>5262728
I am autistic, spawn point is gold
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

>>5262598
Name: Dragon Imperium & deep sapphire blue
Population: 3+1 = 4

action:
expand the agriculture of the tribe, a growing population needs girthy meals
>>
Rolled 88 (1d100)

Teal - The Fearless Frogmen
Population: 4
Culture: 2
Knowledge: 0

Increase wealth by 1.
Then roll to increase Population.

The Fearless Frogmen are a thriving community of close-knit anthro-amphibians who reject mankind's religions and empires, and turn their tools against them. In the swampy far reaches of Telu, the Fearless Frogmen breed rapidly, and discriminate against visitors with a reckless regard for what outsiders think. Get out of our swamp!
>>
>>5262668
Yellow is taken by >>5262663
so you'll need to pick a different color
>>
>>5262699
(Forgot to mention I'm taking Indego.)
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

>>5262577
ame: Sarmatia
color: purple location but change the color to green if i can

Wealth:2
Population:1
Culture:1
Knowledge:1
Military:2

Sarmatia is a matriarchal tribal society ruled by warrior queens. amazon warriors, snake priestess and witch doctors form the elites of sarmatian society. the sarmatian fought using poison and ambushes, with amazon archers and basilisk riders forming the backbone of sarmatian army.

The sarmatian marshlands is home to countless number of serpent, poisonus plants and strange disease. it is within this harsh environment that the sarmatian tribes feels most at home. living deep within the marshes have given the sarmatians resistance to disease and familiarity with all sorts of medicinal plants and venomous creature living within the sarmatian marshland.

1st action: build farm
>>
>>5262577
Name: Vero - Red
Wealth: 5

A small settlement founded by exiled outlaws, the nation today is exceptionally wealthy with very little interest in war or expansion. It is a peaceful place where a collection of wealthy families enjoy their beachfront properties.
>>
>>5262888
>Increase Culture
>Roll to Increase Culture

Though the nation was founded by outlaws, that doesn't mean there must be barbarism in their new, comfy home. Their evil ways are to be put behind them and replaced with the ideas of love and altruism.
>>
>>5262577
Name: Brown, SPQR, would love to get purple or red if still available
Military: 4

A republic city state of populated by humans
>>
>>5262756
I'm cheering for this guy
>>
Rolled 25 (1d100)

>A message to all players: Remember to include in your turn which stat you are applying your automatic increase to.

>>5262892
>>5262892

You'll need to put dice+1d100 in the option field to roll a die.

>>5262746
>+1 pop
The population of kobold rapidly expands due to a time-tested tradition of growing wheat, making beers, throwing a party, and a whole lot of people walking out as a new parents.

>>5262663
>Increase fail (Low roll)
To be Kultele is to praise the sun. Everyone knows this. The tribe labors long and hard, gathering stones from miles and miles around to lay the foundations of a new temple. What was not planned for was a sudden deluge of rain that washed away a substantial amount of that work. It would have to begin anew.

>>5262728
>+1 pop
The Skellingtons do the Dance of the Dead, le Danse Macabre, to bring back the bones of local life. Who knows what wicked force reanimated these boneboys? What is known is that their sick moves are enough to awaken even the most long dead of deadheads.

>>5262716
>Project fail (Low roll)
While the population has little issues growing amongst the Uncasicrated it shows the difficulty in achieving the higher levels of blessings. The Broodmothers are not neglectful, but they only seem to notice a select few of the faithful without rhyme or reason for it and this makes the process of codifying the selection process difficult.

>>5262756
>+1 Pop
Many humans think they are smarter than frog. Frog has yet to see man be smarter than a big rock thrown from the swamp. Left in peace and serenity in their swampy homes the population grows rapidly.

>>5262864
>+1 Pop
The Amazons settle and turn their powerful physiques to the rigors of farming grains and cereals. As a result of their hard work the food output grows and the population along with it.

>>5262888
Outlaws no longer, the settlers of Vero turn their eyes to the development of their new culture. Money is good, but *spending money* was how to showed just how good you actually were. Competitions for art and poetry were common, for the winner got both street cred and dank shekels.

>>5262981
Post your action and roll for it boyo.

I'll roll the turn to 2 once the people I've asked to roll for actions have done so.
>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>>5262892
High rollas only, babey
>>
>>5263351
ACCEPTABLE.
+1 Culture
>>
Rolled 42 (1d100)

>>5262577
Death Holders
Color :Black
Military: 5

Brutal trolls from the north looking for there next meal or fuck.

>Auto Increase Military
>Deathspeaker commands his horde to take the land of it's game. Increase population.
>>
>>5263276
Do I get +1 to my Population for rolling high? Or did I misread something somewhere?
>>
>>5263432
You got the +1 from succeeding on your action die.
>>
>>5263276
Or rather, you already gave me the Population boost. Do I get the auto increase on my Wealth?
>>
>>5263435
Yes
>>
>>5263437
Thanks
>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

Culture: 3

>Auto-Increase Culture
>Roll for Population

The city of Vero grows more and more refined with each passing day. An abundancy supply of wealth made life easy for the families of their little settlement. So much so, that some sought to create new dynasties of their own.
>>
>>5263276
Sorry QM I will apply my automatic increase to wealth

>Increase culture
New friends have joined the fun but now they have started to get bored because working 24/7 is boring. What better way to entertain everyone than by musical instruments?

Automatic increase of this turn to military
>>
Rolled 68 (1d100)

>>5263462
Forgot roll
>>
>>5263462
Hey, you sneaky "honorable" skele-fuck, auto increase one stat at a time!
>>
>>5263483
Ah I was talking about last turn as I don’t know if QM withheld it or not.
>>
>>5263534
>>5263483
Fear not. Skeleton had to tell me he was increasing wealth for last turn because he didn't include it.
>>
>>5263534
I see. I think we're still waiting for turn 2 to roll around, though. Honor: restored
>>
Rolled 96 (1d100)

>>5263276
>Kultele
> Wealth - 1
> Population - 2
> Culture - 1
> Knowledge - 2
> Military -1

>1. Boost Culture
Once more we try to complete the temple, cursed be those foul gods of rain that mock our labors, this insult shall never be forgotten! Stones are cemented down with magic cast flames, praise the Sun!
>>
>>5263735
You forgot to allocate your free point boyo.
>>
Rolled 65 (1d100)

>>5262668
Baby Blue for color

>Action 1 Develop a bonus to increasing culture: Dave would begin giving sermons to the people every Sunday.

>Auto increase knowledge: Dave spreads his gospel to the people.
>>
>>5263426
You've been assigned orange. You'll need to roll your action.

>>5263833
+1 Culture
The tribe gathers round on Sunday to hear the word of Dave. The man goes on at length about the importance of grilling and how this year's wrestling teams are so much better than last year's wrestling teams. The people are enraptured. Dave really has a gift for talking. You just feel like you know the guy.
>>
File: Jarnoia 2022-05-11-21-30.jpg (900 KB, 5160x4320)
900 KB
900 KB JPG
Death Dealers and SPQR both need to roll their first turn but with 8/10 I'm confident to roll this over to turn 2. If you've already rolled, sit tight. You'll also want to include your stat block with your turns. It'll make it easier for you to know what your stats are when it comes time to use them.

TURNU 2
BEGINU
>>
Rolled 4 (1d100)

>>5263854
Culture+1
It’s been a long-accepted fact of kobold life that to be kobold is to fruitful and multiply, but as the homes and streets of our cities fill ever more with the laughter of hatchlings and the wizened elders that is no longer enough. A new idea expanding on the old has begun to sweep the tribe. To be kobold is to be fruitful and multiply and ensure the generations that come after you can do the same but tenfold.

Action dice
Children are the lifeblood and future of a nation, but wealth is how a nation ascends to greatness and resplendent prosperity. It is with this simple truth in mind that the kobolds of Drakeland begin working to build person, family, and national wealth, some seeking to make their fortunes with trade, some striking out into the wilds around the settlement in the hopes of finding new resources to sell in the capital. And others through novel invention. all in the pursuit of wealth, so that their hatchlings will know a better life than they did.
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>5263854
Population: 2

While there was some issue in discovering how exactly the process of the blessings of the Great Broodmothers worked, there was still more that could be done. There was a reason to the great Broodmothers selection. It wasn't arbitrary. That was something Korem knew. The question was what was the method to the choices? It was clear that one's traits determined what one would become. One who was diligent and a hard worker would be blessed by Morchag, one who was a warrior or hunter was likely to be blessed by Vespus or Xenes. Korem herself was skilled with medicine before she was blessed. But even so, it was clear there was more to it than just these traits. Perhaps they were choosing people who weren't faithful enough? Perhaps one needed to do something to prove themselves? It was a interesting question that would be answered in time. Of course, the divine process itself would be observed and recorded in greater detail, but a number of further examination, prayer, and diligent work of the faithful would be done to understand that which was required for ones blessings. It was quite important that this was understood after all. The faith was dedicated to the ascension of humanity and the other races after all...

>Increase knowledge and try to understand the Broodmothers pattern of blessings
>>
>>5263899
(Wow, 22 on the same action TWICE)
>>
File: images-45.jpg (32 KB, 718x427)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
Rolled 46 (1d100)

>>5263854

Population:2 (+2 from auto increase this turn and the last one)
Military:2

>action - project: Basilisk Taming
the Basilisk is large, slow, dumb and ugly. but its thick scales, strong bite and deadly poison makes it one of the most feared creature in the sarmatian swamp. but the amazon saw in the basilisk an excellent transport and military beast, and slowly they tried to learn how to tame the poisonous creature.
>>
File: froggy.png (324 KB, 1040x528)
324 KB
324 KB PNG
Rolled 55 (1d100)

>>5262756
>Teal - The Fearless Frogmen
>Wealth: 1
>Population: 5
>Culture: 2
>Knowledge: 0
>Military: 1

Auto-increase Military by 1!
Roll to expand our dominion, especially try to conquer that nearby island, and establish a military presence there.

As a population expands, so, too, does the need for more arable land and thriving hunting grounds.

The Fearless Frogmen notice a very shallow and navigable passage to the nearby wild island, and with their innate prowess as swimmers, attempt to lay siege to it!

(If we don't have the ability/technology to cross this strait yet, then use this turn to develop that ability/technology.)
>>
>>5264058
ULTRA BASED OKKVLT Northerners:
>Fearless frogmen
>Brutal trolls
>Magical dancing bone men
>Basilisk riders

Wimpy Basedtherners:
>Humans and their smelly gods
>>
>>5264320
*I forgot the Sóytherners also have based Kobolds
>>
I need 1 more post from Death Dealers and 2 posts from SPQR.
>>5263426
The trolls may be beasts, but they're careful. They do not overhunt or overfish the land, and conserve it for later generations as well as this one. It is enough for the population to grow.
>You can take another action this was for turn 1

>>5263459
The city-state of Vero quickly runs into issues. Focused on wealth and culture, it had neglected the long and extensive planning needed to build a robust agricultural society and also lacked the cultural foundations to properly push for it. The population stagnates as food is scarce.

>>5263735
+1 Culture
The sun shone through the clouds proud and true, burning away the mist and dispelling the storms. Blessed by those golden rays the Kultele raise a huge new mountain to praise their sun and accept its loving rays directly on their skin. Praise. Praise the Sun. The populace rejoice in the conclusion of their hard work.

>>5263890
>Action fail (Low Roll)
Some things some people just won't understand. Wealth appears to be one of those things for the kobolds. Who needs to buy or sell when you have a massive family and plenty of land to grow wheat or fish? If the community is strong and united, there is no need for money. Neighbors lend to neighbors willingly, and when food and shelter and (big booty kobolds) are supplied in ample numbers what more does one need in life?

>>5263899
>Action fail (Low Roll)
The mechanisms behind the blessings remain as elusive now as ever. If there is rhyme or reason to why some turn and others don't the learned priests have yet to decipher it.

>>5264058
Basilisk Training 1/3
The Sarmatians turn their hands to the taming of the powerful basilisk. A difficult task. The Basilisk might be big and dumb (and bizarrely smelly) but they're still the size of a very large horse with the intelligence and aggression of a meth'd out alligator. The Amazons are careful with it though and don't lose too many to the jaws or glare of the beasts, permitting the population to grow.

>>5263462
+1 Culture
The skeletons have a few loves in unlife, but by far the biggest one is - without a doubt - drum and bass. To feel the reverb through your bones and have your jaw rattle in tune with the music is the ultimate ecstasy. The Skeletons remember the dark days too though when they were made into chew toys by the wicked dingos, and fashion spears to defend themselves.

>>5264315
The Frogmen have often been able to see the shores of the island on a clear day. Today, they take the plunge. Using small fishing boats a few families migrate from the mainland to the island to start a new settlement. The island is tropical and covered in lush jungle. It's full of bugs, and the water is full of fish.
>>
Rolled 29, 93 = 122 (2d100)

>>5264342
My bad, my bad here I go
Both rolls are to increase knowledge, preferably about the lands around us and any npc/player neighbours
>>
>>5264462
>>5264342
Forgot statblock

Name: Brown, SPQR
Military: 4
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>5264342
Population:4
Military:2 (+1 auto increase)

>continue basilisk taming project 1/3
>>
Rolled 50 (1d100)

>>5264342
Culture: 4

>Auto-Increase Wealth
>Roll to Develop Olympics Project

The emerging families fail to find success. So be it, they may return to the existing families and their beachfront properties. Who really needs population anyways? More people just means fewer resources. Only a conqueror would care to purposefully create more people to have to share with. The Vero have no such ambitions - Life is good on the beach but it could be better... Perhaps if they had something to do other than count their money all day...
>>
>>5264315
>Knowledge: 0
>Military: 2

The island contains answers to many questions we had of our homeland. It shares sister species and completely new ones, and lacks some of the mainland species. We gain an inkling of Knowledge on thriving in new environments, and interacting with new species.
>+1 Knowledge!

There are many peculiar quarries on this island, each more delicious than the last.
Some of these creatures, however, contain natural toxins... This gives us an idea...
The island's creatures are so plentiful, we could try harvesting them... But what if we just made our own supply...?
>Roll to evolve/harvest/invent a poison that can be applied in warfare/hunting. (Would this count as an increase in military? I'm just winging it)
>>
Rolled 30 (1d100)

>>5264481
forgot to roll
>>
>>5263800
>>5263735
>Kultele
Uhh free point to wealth then
>>
Rolled 15 (1d100)

>>5264342
Population: 5
Culture: 2+1

Culture + 1
Large families and providing a bright future for your hatchlings are all things that make a kobold a Kobold. As the tribe continues to flourish and hatchings grow so does the cultural landscape. The latest idea to manifest is bigger is better, grander feasts, larger families, expanded assets~, to be kobold is to wear your prosperity openly, opulently, and never to turn down more!

Action dice
The Dragon Imperium Capital has always been a crowded place under the species that calls it home, but in more recent days it has simply become ridiculous kobolds jammed wall to wall in bustling streets, Kobolds sleeping in cuddle piles simply because there are no rooms for beds (not that anyone is complaining about this one), and the ever-present need to expand out the city more and more to house everyone.

Simply put the time has come for the Dragon Imperium to expand such is the will of the Emperor & Empress. The wetlands to the south will provide ample fish and wild game to fuel the grand feasts and expand portion sizes as well as feed hungry hatchings. Once a solid location is found a new settlement of the Imperium will be founded there For the Glory of Koboldkind, may this triumph bring us all closer to draconic ascension.
>>
>>5264463
You have 2 stats to apply as well. You can roll your 3rd turn now.
+1 Knowledge
>>
>>5264547
this is me but also oof 15
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

>>5264549
Brown, SPQR

Automatic increase +1 Military, +1 Culture

If I've found any neighbours I'd like to try and conquer them if their culture/knowledge is higher than mine, otherwise plunder and burn down their villages for wealth and enslave their population.

If not keep scouting (+ knowledge I guess)
>>
>>5264551
Your high roll has found all of your neighbors. Kobolds, Arthon, and Kultele. Which would you like to attack?
>>
Rolled 66 (1d100)

>>5264519
>>5264342
> Kultele
> Wealth - 2
> Population - 2
> Culture - 2
> Knowledge - 2
> Military -1 + 1

> Action 1. Boost Military
With the temple of the Sun completed, the head priest orders the training of the Solar Guard, men armed with spear and shield, and capable of casting flames to help defend the Kultele and the temple.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d100)

>>5264554
the Kultulele, sounds like cool religion to co opt.
Using military as a primary stat also have my combat roll.
>>
File: 8tKQXwB9Qz.png (179 KB, 402x391)
179 KB
179 KB PNG
>>5264563
>>
>>5264558
>>5264563
Kultele is under attack. Savage men of Romae emerge from the mountains to raid the People of the Sun. The Romae are using pure military power to achieve their aims. The Kultele must respond with some degree of military power, but now can choose the Secondary combat stat for this battle. The Secondary stat will apply at 50% strength.
>>
Rolled 76 (1d100)

>>5264571
> Kultele

The Kultele the women and children into the temple for shelter, while the Solar Guard who were still in training begin their defense.

>Military 1 +1 (this turn)
>Knowledge 2 (our fire magics and rolling rocks down the temple)

May the Sun protect us, and blind the eyes of these cruel attackers.
>>
>>5264565
>>5264578
The Romaens emerge from the valleys and slopes and descend upon the small city of Sumbeluun. The city is a collection of wood and thatch homes and lacks walls. What it does have, is the strongly built temple in the center of the city. It is here that the Solar Guard makes its stand. They lay traps and play intelligently against their more numerous opponents, and funnel them into position there their numbers count for little. The Romaens had expected little resistance, so in their overconfidence charged headlong into engagements they could not win. Equipped with none of the tools needed to overcome strong barricades and the thick stone of the pyramid, the Romaens were forced into a retreat which quickly turned into a rout. The collected equipment and prisoners taken greatly increases the military power of the Kultele.

>SPQR - 13
>Kultele - 79
>Crushing Defeat
>SPQR loses 5 Military
>Kultele gains 5 Military
>>
R E K T
>>
Rolled 14, 72 = 86 (2d100)

>>5264342
Auto increase military

The trolls scout the along the rivers looking for enemies.
>Scout

Deathspeaker demands trees are felled and barracks rise.
>Increase Military
Military: 6
>>
>>5264607
>>5264551
I actually have to amend this as I just realized that
Kultele doesn't have enough settlements to get the +5 military. They'd need to expand to get another open 10 stat slots to get plunder from a win. Rome keeps it. This time.
>>
Rolled 30 (1d100)

>>5264342

With the continued methods behind the seeming madness still unknown to Korem and the other priests, it becomes believed that such will reveal themselves in time provided they prove their dedication. As such, a temple would be set to be built so as to prove this worth. Further, more extensive rites and prayer would be given to the Great Broodmothers. If dedication was what was required, they would give it in spades. Besides, there were no other real pressing matters, well, nothing that couldn't be addressed fairly easily soon after this work. Twas peaceful times after all, and that would likely not change for some time, thankfully.

>Increase culture and construct a temple.
>>
>>5264956
(So uh, considering I'm cursed with dice in general, how much of a disadvantage am I for failing literally every single project roll?)
>>
>>5264958
Just roll to increase your rolls, duh!
>>
>>5264960
(That requires me to roll good enough to get the increase to my rolls.)
>>
>>5264958
You'll get it eventually. Projects can be pretty awesome.
>>
File: Jarnoia 2022-05-13-11-36.jpg (842 KB, 5160x4320)
842 KB
842 KB JPG
>>5264478
>You are stat-capped and need another settlement
basilisk taming project 2/3
The project to tame the basilisks continues, and makes good progress. While it cannot yet be said that they are domesticated, they are beginning to be tamed and made docile by the presence of certain amazons.

>>5264479
Olympics 1/2
Physical pursuits and perfection are just as admirable goals for the Veronese. Many of the young train and practice various sports and activities to better prepare themselves and it was quickly realized that the sports would be better served with a proper organizing committee and choice of activities. How would the organizers be chosen? By wealth, of course. Wealthy patrons would sponsor the games they wanted to see, or the athletes they wanted to compete on their teams.

>>5264481
+1 Military
The Frogmen have a natural poison that was originally intended to keep predators at bay. As they evolved into the modern Homo Breviceps they kept their poisonous skin, but at a lower concentration. Now, the frogmen coat their arrows and spears with the natural secretions for a nasty psychedelic surprise.

>>5264547
>>You are stat-capped and need another settlement
The Kobolds expand outwards and southwards, establishing a new settlement on the banks of a river far to the south. They are thwarted by the return of scouts that state they saw armored men prowling around the area. After narrowly avoiding the skirmish they warn the council against settling there. Support for another settlement dries up after the news goes public.

>>5264551
The battle against the Kultele goes poorly, and your humiliated forces return home. The men of the pyramids know of you now, and surprise is no longer an option.

>>5264558
The debut of the Solar Guards came not a moment too soon. After successfully fighting off the raiders from the north, concern among the Kultele grows about the possibility of their return. Would they be so lucky a second time?

>>5264622
+1 Military

The Trolls attempt to scout their surroundings and build knowledge of the world around them but those that try are easily distracted by eating the jungle cats and other wildlife in their steamy home. Each group returns will full bellies and new far-fetched tales of wonderous things they definitely made up. Encouraged by such tales, the numbers of willing trolls for military service increases greatly.

>>5264956
>You are now stat-capped and need another settlement
There may have been dedication from some, but increasingly the priests found that lip-service was not being translated into proper holy labor. Men skipped on their duties to help with construction, and materials frequently went missing to expand homesteads. Something needed to be done about this!
>>
Rolled 40 (1d99)

> rolling for RP reasons

WIth the crushing defeat of the forces of the SPQR creating a lot of unrest in the city the senate met in an emergency assembly to decide the future of rome and its people. Three factions emerged as the ones with the most support

1-33; The reformists don't want to let go of the bellicose nature of their people and instead want to reform the military from the ground up.

34- 66; The cultists blame our lack of piety for our defeat and want to turn our nations fate towards utter devotion to the gods from now on.

67-99; The philosophers preach knowledge of the natural world as the most important virtue and think we should isolate ourselves in our valley and focus on research
>>
File: 1652456187041.jpg (225 KB, 1135x722)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
Rolled 75 (1d100)

>>5265857
>>5265802
Brown, SPQR

Create a new settlement in the red circle. It will be built around a new temple at the source of the river to honor our gods. Call the new settlement Asteria, after a god of rivers.
>>
File: F E A R L E S S.png (1.69 MB, 1064x980)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB PNG
Rolled 3 (1d100)

>>5265802
>Breviceps
They cute

>Knowledge: 1
>Military: 3

Our Military continues training with the new poison weaponry. Auto +1.
With the abundance of natural resources, we attempt to secure the nearby seas to make our trade run more smoothly. (Roll to increase Wealth)
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

>>5265802
>Kultele
> Kultele
> Wealth - 2
> Population - 2
> Culture - 2
> Knowledge - 2
> Military - 2

>1. Construct new Settlement - Solamkul

The Kultele have outgrown Sumbeluun alone, if we wish to survive the next attack from these outlanders, of which the priests are certain will come due to the humiliation they faced at their surprise attack; we must expand. We follow the river south, stopping at the next great lake we encounter, beginning the construction of Sumbeluun's sister, Solamkul - may the Sun shine on her in glory!
>>
Rolled 33 (1d100)

>>5265802
Culture: 6

It was clear the reasoning why previous efforts had failed. The Unconsecrated were not faithful enough. They were indolent, and this had to change. As such, those who were deemed sufficiently lacking in faith would be organized to be sent to the east, to create a new settlement there. This would force them to work hard to set up a new home for themselves. Naturally they would be led by a number of priests who were trusted, and ideally the experience would result in them gaining the faith they so sorely lacked that seemed to have held down the rest of the faithful for some time...The settlement would be named Ksenlaul'Morchag, named after the Broodmother of ants and diligence.

>Create another settlement called near the eastern river called Ksenlaul'Morchag.
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>5265802
Population:4
Military: 3

Expand new settlement in the southwest
>>
Rolled 59 (1d100)

>>5265802
Culture + 1
Large families and providing a bright future for your hatchlings are all things that make a kobold a Kobold. As the tribe continues to flourish and hatchings grow so does the cultural landscape. The latest idea to manifest is bigger is better, grander feasts, larger families, expanded assets~, to be kobold is to wear your prosperity openly, opulently, and never to turn down more.
(same one as the last turn)

Dice action
With news coming from the south of the warlike and hostile stiltlegs to the south it’s now more important than ever to found our second settlement so that we can ensure the survival of our species even if our capital should be attacked, the culture, hatchlings, and faith of koboldkind must survive. Settle a new town in the eastern region along the coast that we control. While the south may belong to the stilt legs the east will be ours, and in time perhaps the south as well.
>>
Rolled 93 (1d100)

>>5265802

>Auto-Increase Culture
>Create a new settlement

Despite having an abysmal population, the sheer amount of money that the Vero claim requires an additional settlement to store.
>>
File: Jarnoia 2022-05-16-18-47.jpg (682 KB, 4300x3600)
682 KB
682 KB JPG
>>5265867
+1 settlement
The borders of the Republic expand with the settlement of the temple city. Situated in such a strategic spot the city carries religious and military benefits.

>>5266052
The Breviceps may be fearless and they may be froggy, but they're just not very inclined to commerce. The frogs lie in their ponds and their puddles, eating and enjoying the day. What is wealth to a people with ample swamp and plenty of crawdads to eat? The very concept is alien. There's little incentive for them to change or modernize their shipping for better trade between the two towns.

>>5266237
The Kultele send settlers south and find there a lake fed by the powerful river. It is an excellent spot for a settlement, and the Kultele quick establish control over the river, lake, and nearby forest. Ores from the nearby mountain and timber from the dense forests provide great industrial potential, while the river would easily irrigate crops.

>>5266284
For once, it seems, the fault lies not with the lack of faith of the people, but rather with the variance in weather. As the settlers began the process of setting up their new settlement a deluge of rain caused the banks of the river to swell then flood. While no one was badly harmed, it did wash away the baby settlement.

>>5266317
The Amazons likewise suffer from setbacks in their planned settlement. The venture fails, but this was due to poor planning. Not enough food or seeds had been brought for the settlement and rather than face a winter of starvation the settlers returned to the capitol, shamed.

>>5266636
Settlers arrive on the coast and immediately set to building a new community. They are blessed with good weather and the rotation of seasonal fish keep the waters teeming. It is enough for the first few homesteads to be established along with the great party hall in the center of town. Life is good and idyllic.

>>5268806
A smart Veronese knows that true wealth lies in land. It's the only form of investment that doesn't really wash away - usually. The establishment of a new settlement is important because that's just future money. Unlike crypto, land can't disappear. The most forward thinking Veronese build lovely new vacation homes. Some of them even start living there. Scandalous.
>>
Rolled 70 (1d100)

>>5270426
>Military: 4

Roll to expand eastwards along the coast, we wish to gain more swampland and eventually open trade routes with other non-human species, and find avenues into war against the wicked empires of humanity. This will also allow our population to soar in the future.
Auto +1 to Culture - we find more of our ancestral spirit as days go by, croaking slave songs about boiling bayous stewed and stirred by the hated spook known as The Pink One. We also like playing leapBreviceps, and ribbitting to the Bug-Gods on a full moon.
>>
Rolled 76 (1d100)

>>5270426
>Kultele

> Wealth - 2
> Population - 2
> Culture - 2
> Knowledge - 2
> Military - 2+1

>Settlements: Sumbeluun - Solamkul

With our knowledge of these hostile outsiders, a people geared to war, what choice do we have but to do the same for our own survival? Walls are constructed around Sumbeluun, with it being the northern most settlement, using quarried mountain stone, and our holy fire to set the bricks and mortar together.
>>
Rolled 72 (1d100)

>>5270426

>Auto-Increase Wealth
>Create Olympics (2/2)

With new room to store their wealth and vast unused fields that might otherwise be used to farm enough food for a kingdom, the small nobility of Vero continue their explorations into organized sports.
>>
>>5270617
>Kultele free stat

> +1 Population
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

>>5270426
Culture: 6

With the settlement failing due to poor weather, there was at least a greater chance for the people sent there to learn diligence or die trying. It was certainly a major blow but it could be withstood. All that was needed was further time and hard work. Of course, it was a bit of a problem given how they were doing well originally anyway, but at least it likely would make at least a few worthy through their diligence and potentially reinforced faith thanks to the priests...

>Attempt to create another settlement called near the eastern river called Ksenlaul'Morchag...Again.
>>
>>5271696

(Yep, this is the part where I just lose, because I physically cannot make a new settlement with my rolls, isn't it?. Also this is so statistically improbable at this point it's just sad, especially when you take into account all my rolls have been below a 40...)
>>
>>5271700
I've just been lurking, but I honestly feel bad for you. If it makes you feel any better, I liked your fluff the best.
>>
>>5271700
Maybe it'll be like a project?
>>
>>5271805

(It is, which means every failed roll means I get nothing from it...At least given the first attempt... I just hope I can actually get *something* before someone tries to kill me.)

>>5271777

(Thanks. Technically it's stuff I made for a post apoc game that died three turns in reworked a bit. Just hope I can actually do something with it this game instead of having a repeat of last time, just 'you got murdered by other players really quickly instead of the game dying' edition.)
>>
>>5270426
Brown, SPQR
Settlements(2): Romae, Asteria

Culture: 2+1

Start a project to build a sacrificial altar, I was thinking it lets me sacrifice 1 point of wealth to add my culture stat to rolls that turn, maybe with a CD if u think its too OP, or feel free to totally change it, I just like the sacrifice thing for lore reasons.
Might write a fluff post about this later, not super in the mindset for that right now.
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>5272004
forgot roll cause braindead
>>
>>5272007
well, well, well
>>
Rolled 20 (1d100)

>>5266317
Try building a new settlement again, with proper logistic this time
>>
>>5272039
lmao
>>
>>5272010
>Kultele

ROME RISES

Oh fuck
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>5270426
>Culture: 3

Population: 5
Culture: 3+1

Auto increase culture by 1
In the beginning, there was, the divine flame suspended in a great nothingness, all was the divine flame, and the flame was within all and so it remained for many eons. Until the Divine Flame began to stir. With every pulse the nothingness that smothered it shuttered, with its growing intensity the nothingness began to roil, and finally when the Divine flame exploded the nothingness was destroyed. And it was in this way that Father Bahamut and Mother Tiamat created all things with their glorious and holy birth.

Project military: connect the two cities of koboldkind
With the mysterious and hostile stilt legs to our south, we must turn our minds to the business of war and make ready for it. But before the work of raising great legions of Dragonheart Kobolds can begin, we must first see to ensuring that our nation can support such an effort. Hence the need to link the capital and our new settlement to allow for goods and kobolds to easily and safely flow between them, the connection also serves as a vital corridor for rapid troop deployment should the need arise to protect one city with the forces of another.

>Rename the Capital – Twins Den
>Name settlement – Bahamut hearth
>>
>>5270426
Yo where you at dawg?
>>
File: Jarnoia 2022-05-19-23-48.jpg (746 KB, 4300x3600)
746 KB
746 KB JPG
>>5270501
+1 settlement

The Breviceps expand eastward, settling on the shore. The jungle here is similar to that they are familiar with and the settlement process is easy.

>>5270617
Project: Sumbeluun's Walls 1/2
The Kultele begin the slow process of fortifying their city against future attack with strong stone walls.

>>5271254
Olympics: Convert 1 Wealth into 1 Culture or Military. Every additional player that participates grants 1 extra culture or military for this exchange.

The Olympic games take off to great fanfare. The games themselves are a modest success with running, jumping, archery, wrestling, and horseback riding some of the main sports on display. The monetary possibilities are immediately clear. If there was a way to export the prestige of this event some people could get very famous.

>>5271696
The priesthood had enough of the laziness of their "so called" followers. Something had to be done, and that time was now. While the motion may be unpopular some saw it as the only way to inspire change - good old fashioned human sacrifice. It would certainly damage the faith of the masses, and it would be a black mark that would be difficult to spin but it would be progress.
Choose: Gain a Settlement, -1 Pop, -2 Culture
Or
Nothing happens this turn

>>5272004
Project: Asteria Invicta
Sacrifice 1 Pop to gain 1 Military, these pops do not need to be your own. Sacrifice 1 wealth to gain 1 culture, wealth taken from other players increases this to 2.

The city of Asteria is not only home to a powerful Romae garrison, but also to the Temple of Asteria. The temple is a marvel of engineering. No expense was spared in the construction of the temple and its dominant position on the hills abutting the mountain slopes catch the morning light.

>>5273006
Efforts to connect the two settlements immediately run into labor and supply issues. It was one thing to establish the settlement, but the creation of roads is a long and difficult task best left to others. Unfortunately, there aren't any others, so simply nothing happens.

>>5272039
Again the Amazons are met with failure. This time the logistics were sufficient, but the grounds to settle were teeming with a sudden migration of giga-toads that ate a bunch of settlers. Again they returned home empty handed.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d100)

>>5274390
>Build settlement
Come the fuck on
>>
>>5274439
How is it getting progressively lower every turn...?
>>
Rolled 53 (1d100)

>>5274390

Wealth: 6

>Auto-Increase Culture
>Project: Mercenary Lodges

Although the Vero people are not the type to embrace war or cause any sort of purposeful conflict, they recognize the possibility of danger reaching them that doesn't share their peaceful disposition. Hoping to maintain their pacifist ways, the nobles try to attract promising tribes to place on retainer.
>>
Rolled 47 (1d100)

>Culture: 3
>Military: 4
Settlements: 3 (?)

Auto +1 to Population
With the expansion of our fertile lands comes the expansion of our women's fertile womb-sacs. We are a big, happy family... With aspirations of warfare and domination!! We create effigies and mock up dummies of Humies and train our soldiers to leap on them and give them a licking.
(Roll to increase Military)
>>
Rolled 29 (1d100)

>>5274390

While some suggested sacrifice, Korem would be against such. It was not the way of the Broodmothers to sacrifice people. It was to guide them to be greater. While banishment or a branding that would only be cleansed if they were redeemed would be acceptable, sacrifice of a life was not. They were unworthy to begin with after all, and if anything offering their indolent souls up to the Great Broodmothers even if they approved of human sacrifice would be an insult. Regardless, the worst offenders would be directly banished, and the rest who proved to be slothful branded. Yet they would not be sacrificed. The settlement would be set up. And the faith would remain untarnished...

>Attempt to create another settlement called near the eastern river called Ksenlaul'Morchag...For the third time.
>>
>>5274535
(0.004096% chance of this happening...6 times now...)
>>
Rolled 11 (1d100)

>>5274390

> Kultele
> Wealth - 2
> Population - 3
> Culture - 2
> Knowledge - 2
> Military - 3+1

>Points -13/20 (after this turns auto increase)

>Settlements: Sumbeluun - Solamkul

>should I have not added to my military? Let me know and I will change

>auto increase - military

>1. Project - Sumbeluun's Walls 2/2

May the Sun watch over us, and may our walls protect us from those that wish to see the Kultele fall!
>>
Rolled 14 (1d100)

>>5274390
Brown, SPQR
Settlements(2): Romae, Asteria
Finished Projects(1): Asteria Invicta

Culture: 3
Military: 5+1

'do ut des' - I give so that you might give' sums up the Romans' relationship with the gods, very practical and contractual. With a suitable site to give to the gods now ready the romans prepare for glorious combat.

Not sure if u want projects with only temporary bonuses to be a thing, but I'd like a project to prepare an invasion campaign against the Kultele, scouting, bribing/kidnapping locals, formulating a strategy, prepare supplies, mobilize forces etc.
If not, I'll just fluff it as a general reformation of the armies equipment and organization.
>>
Just posting to say that I'm a Chad. That is all, thank you.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d100)

>>5274390
>Culture: 4

Population: 5+1

Population+1
The heart wants what the heart wants, and the Kobold heart longs for and craves one thing, loving, lots, and lots of hard. core. loven. after all, can't get massive families any other way

Project military: connect the two cities of koboldkind

Though the first attempt failed, with the mysterious and hostile stilt legs to our south still stomping around we must try again, Turning our minds to the business of war and making ready for it. But before the work of raising great legions of Dragonheart Kobolds can begin, we must first ensure that our nation can support such an effort. Hence the need to link the capital and our new settlement to allow for goods and kobolds to quickly and safely flow between them, the connection also serves as a vital corridor for rapid troop deployment should the need arise to protect one city with the forces of another.
>>
Pepe wins.

"Thanks" for "running", "QM".

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.