[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 30 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Anime.jpg (1.8 MB, 3840x2160)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB JPG
Anime has become reality. Somehow the dreams of countless pudgy, pasty, pocky huffing weeaboos have come to fruition and now the whole world is down an entire dimension. You are one of the very few people left not yet converted to 2D, owing to the fact that you just happen to live in what's called an Interstice, a thin strip of land acting as a boundary for the many different zones of anime genres that have popped up all over the globe.

As far as you can tell, you’re functionally invisible while inside this space. The ‘Actors’, as you and your group have come to term the transformed populace, seem to be incapable of noticing your little hovel of a one bed and bath apartment, despite the fact that if you were to walk just one room down, you’d be up to your eyes in oriental cartoon hijinks.

While initially disturbed over your neighbors becoming a cadre of squealing rainbow haired high school girls, you find this has actually been a blessing in disguise. Even if they can’t actually see it, your room is still physically located in the apartment complex, which means you still have access to electricity, water, Wi-Fi and other utilities. The best part about all of this is that everything—including rent!—no longer costs a penny.

---
>>
One problem persists though: food. You’ve been rationing your provisions for the last few days out of necessity, but you’re now down to three frozen dinners and half a dozen cups of beef-flavored ramen. It’s time you set out to forage.

You open up Cacophone and write a message in ‘General Discussion’

Anon McNymous: Heading out into the wild today. Need food

TransNiggerFaggot: Should’ve never migrated. Caco’s bullshit prof

PagingGodot: What alternatives do you suggest? We can’t keep tabs on each other with YonKun

MOMMYMILKERS: YUMMY FUCKY WUCKY SUCKY SUCKY MMM… TITTY SLURPING MILKY BURPING [10 consecutive posts all of a similar nature blow up the feed before a 24 hour ban is issued]

TransNiggerFaggot: Fucking finally. Oh and be careful out there Mc

Admin;ProfessorD: Mc you remember what we discussed?

Anon McNymous: Of course

Your respond more confidently than you truly feel. Truth is, you’ve been lucky. Everyone else in your little group had to fight to find a safe space to survive while you just continued vegging out in your room when the apocalypse took place. This is your first time truly venturing out into the 2D, and you can’t lie, you’re feeling more than a little nervous.

Admin;ProfessorD: Remember, try to stay as inconspicuous as possible. Keep as much distance from them as you can and try not to make eye contact. Above all else, don’t let them touch you.

TransNiggerFaggot: I still think you should just make a break for it once you’ve got the food. Avoids the issue of dealing with the cashier and it’s not like they can remember your face

PagingGodot: That’s risky though. You don’t know what kind of toonforce shenanigans could happen if the cashier gets upset. Mc your zone’s SOL, right?

Anon McNymous: The one I’m going to yeah. I’m fairly sure.

You’re not all that sure actually. You’ve only ventured out to the rightward zone a couple of times, and never for very long periods. The scenery there looks… largely the same as it had before. Even the old convenience store you once made daily runs to is still around, albeit with a suitably Japanified storefront.

MILKYMOMMY: PISSY BABY PISSY GIVE ME PISSIES KISSIES [USER BANNED 24 HOURS]

TransNiggerFaggot: Fuck’s sake. Prof just range ban this fag already

---
>>
Just skimmed it, but I'm pretty sure my therapist told me to stay away from stuff like this.
>>
You close Cacophone and gear yourself up, donning a thick long-sleeved coat, face mask, baseball hat and driving gloves. You look completely ridiculous, especially with it being a warm spring day, but you know you can’t afford to risk making any physical contact with an Actor.

Suited up, you head out the door and down the stairwell to your destination. You begin thinking how best to tackle the upcoming situation. Well, you've always had your...

>Strength. You're a pretty strong guy, always have been.
>Speed. You move pretty quick for a shut-in, and are surprisingly dexterous.
>Wits. You're pretty quick on the uptake and are knowledgeable on technical matters.
>Stealth. You've always... lacked presence. You bet now that you're divorced from reality you're even harder to see!
>Charm. You'd think a NEET would be lacking in social graces, but you've always been good at winning people over to your line of thinking.

Our character has 7 hit points. Every 24 hours outside an Interstice leads to a loss of 1 hit point. Physical contact with an actor will also lead to a loss of 1 hit point. Finally, if an actor makes skin contact, a loss of 2 hit points occurs. The lower your HP, the more our MC will feel the urge to “act” in the role the zone designates for them. 0 HP is game over, complete identity death. MC recovers HP by resting at an Interstice at a rate of 1HP every 24 hours
>>
>>5261635
Fuck you.
>>
>>5261635
>Speed. You move pretty quick for a shut-in, and are surprisingly dexterous.
>>
>>5261635
>Stealth. You've always... lacked presence. You bet now that you're divorced from reality you're even harder to see!
>>
Hi wuxian
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>5261639
>>5261641
Speed: 1
Stealth: 2

Let's move along shall we?
>>
>>5261684
You’ve always been a fast runner. You figure if worst comes to worst you can always just book it.

+1 to Speed

You travel down the road to what was once an 8-to-12 convenience store before the cataclysm, replaced by an eerily familiar but nonetheless foreign ‘konbini’ as Prof calls them. “Roshy-moshay…” Or something to that effect is said by the actor stationed by the cash register as you enter through the electric sliding doors. You don’t understand Japanese, and in light of current events you’re keen to keep it that way. You just nod in response before making a beeline to the back of the store, filling you bag up with as much random junk food as it can hold.

Satisfied, you glance down the aisle towards the store clerk. Thankfully, the actor seems to be enamored with typing away at his phone, he’s not really paying attention to you at all. You stare at him a little longer than you consider wise, but you just can’t help yourself. His face, hair, even his overall body proportions are just so… uncanny. It’s like watching some advanced 3D modeling studio animating a cel-shaded, hyper detailed background character from a seasonal anime in real time. His giant eyes, their expression readable even from this distance, narrow in frustration as he continues reading whatever’s on his phone.

You consider your options...

>Go up and pay for the food with change. Prof said as long as you have change this should work
>Cut and run. You don’t want to risk contact
>Try to sneak away. He looks distracted
>Write-in
>>
>>5261697
>Write in
>Hide 95% of the food in your pockets/bag and present the 5% of the food towards the cashier and pay for just those.
>>
>>5261697
>Denounce anime
>>
>>5261778
Wanna know how I know you smoke meth?
>>
>>5261784
Yes tell them
>>
>>5261784
Root beer is the only drug I really need.
>>
>>5261778
Alright, time for rolling. 1d20 bo3
DC 14
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>5261857
AUGH.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>5261857
Lets go
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>5261857
This is just a formality
>>
File: Cashier.jpg (66 KB, 720x720)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>5261861
>>5261865
>>5262181
You take out a small portion of the foodstuffs from your bag and walk over to the store clerk as casually as your nerves allow. You place the goods on the counter and the actor begins lazily scanning the goods.

“Sanzinyohyakojewdokuyendess,” he rattles off disinterestedly as he finishes.

“Uh…” You fumble for your wallet and pull out a few dollar bills and loose change. The actor takes your money without fuss, stows it in the cash register and takes out a few foreign bills and coins.

“Osulidess” He states as he places some money on the counter. Not wanting to arouse suspicion, you quickly pocket the cash, making sure not to make physical contact with him as you do so.

“D-domo ariga—” you attempt a reply using what little Japanese you know.

“Gowhykoeetatakeyareegatogozymuss,” the actor responds before you can even finish speaking, his saucer sized eyes already flicking back to his phone as you turn to leave.

“Well, that was really weird,” you mutter under your breath as you walk through the sliding doors, "but it could’ve gone worse…”

You head back down the road to your apartment, making sure to keep sight of any actors passing by. Thankfully, none appear to be around at this time, so feeling a little bold, you open up your bag of pilfered goods and fish around for that bar of chocolate when—

“Hay Yuu! Yuu in hattoba dere! Puhreezu herupu me! Puhreezu!!”

>Book it.
>’Was that English? Actors aren’t supposed to speak that, right?’ Glance back towards the voice but keep moving.
>“What?” Reply back.
>Write-in
>>
>>5262300
>’Was that English? Actors aren’t supposed to speak that, right?’ Glance back towards the voice but keep moving.
>>
>>5262300
Don't tell me its an MC template or something?
>>
File: Hello.jpg (45 KB, 960x635)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>5262306
>>5262309
You glance backwards briefly while keeping pace ahead and—

“Holy shit!” You exclaim as you come face to face with a fucking alien.

“Puhreez… Need seifuspaysu. Heerupu…” The ghastly thing reaches out a hand causing you to instinctually rear back in terror.

>RUN
>“Don’t touch me! How are you speaking English? What the fuck even are you?” Question it but keep your distance.
>“Get away from me you fucking freak!” Pick up a rock and bash its ungodly face in.
>Write-in
>>
>>5262375
>Write-in
>"Oh fuck, you're almost assimilated. Shit, fuck. Uuuh, my appartment is just down the road okay, it should be safe. If we hurry maybe we can make it before you turn. Just avoid touching anyone, me included, because that might be enough to send you over the edge."
Gotta pull a bro out of the fire here, we need him for the Anti-Anime Squad.
>>
>>5262380
+1 help a bro out
>>
>>5262380
>>5262424
Writing
>>
>>5262465
"Oh fuck, you're almost assimilated.” You immediately realize. “Shit, fuck. Uuuh… my apartment is just down the road, okay? It should be safe. If we hurry maybe we can make it before you turn. Just avoid touching anyone, me included, because that might be enough to send you over the edge.”

“S-sankyu…” The mannequin looking creature bows its head fervently.

“C’mon! Let’s go!” You break into a run with the creature following close behind.

---

You reach your apartment stairwell and feel that odd tingle at the base of your skull that let’s you know you’ve made it back to “3D” space.

“Alright, we made it. I think you should be safe—” You turn around and find your mannequin friend shoving himself against some kind of unseen barrier right outside the entrance to your Interstice.

“Sutakku…! Puhreez… No taimu!” His fists slam against the translucent barricade, rippling the surface with each impact.

What do you do?

>Pull him in yourself. You’re inside the Interstice. You ought to be safe from corruption.
>Use your jacket as makeshift ropes and toss him a sleeve. Reel him in from the inside.
>Leave him. He’s clearly too far gone.
>Write-in
>>
>>5262516
>>Use your jacket as makeshift ropes and toss him a sleeve. Reel him in from the inside.
>>
>>5262521
Alright let's give it a roll. 1d20 bo3
DC 14
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>5262650
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>5262650
Save our boi.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>5262650
>>
>>5262672
>>5262686
>>5262731
Thinking quickly, you take off your jacket and fling a sleeve at the mannequin.

“Grab onto it! I’ll pull you in!” You instruct him.

He hastily complies and you begin to pull with all your might. Whatever’s keeping him locked out is ridiculously strong. It feels like trying to pull a tree out by the roots using nothing but a piece of elastic.

“C’mon… Fuck! Come on!” You grit your teeth and dig your heels in as you pull with everything you got.

“Ah… I… korayeejo…eekaynai…”

Your jacket tears at the sleeve with an ear-splitting rip and the two of you are pushed back from each other by force of momentum. The mannequin manages to right himself before he falls over, then glances down at the torn sleeve in his hand, expression crestfallen. Taking in a shaky breath, he tries to steel himself as his eyes focus their attention on yours.

“E-eeKay!” He shouts, and already you can see his eyes begin to increase even further in size.

“Orayno… Seifuspaysu! D-deesa… Deesa—GONE!” He struggles to speak as the proportions of his facial features distort and warp themselves into something more cartoonish. “Wakata?! Seifuspasyu no Seifu!”

>He’s not gone just yet! Try pulling him in using your hands. [This could be dangerous]
>The barrier’s just too strong. Leave him be, you did all you could.
>Tell him you’re sorry.
>Write-in
>>
>>5262812
>He’s not gone just yet! Try pulling him in using your hands. [This could be dangerous]
NO MAN LEFT BEHIND ON MY WATCH
>>
>>5262812
>>
File: 1649766388393.jpg (187 KB, 549x600)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>5262812
nnnNGGGGAH YOU'RE GOING TO FUCKING MAKE IT
>>
>>5262832
>>5262839
>>5262841
Last chance… 1d20 bo3
DC 15
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>5262846
THINK. THINK OF FUCKING CAPTIAN AMERICA AND DOOMGUY.
>>
File: 1602583300987.jpg (42 KB, 553x579)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>5262846
RAGE, RAGE AGAINST THE DYING OF THE LIGHT
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>5262846
COME ON MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>5262853
>>5262856
>>5262859
By the skin of your teeth… Update will be tomorrow. Thanks for playing!
>>
File: Spoiler Image (27 KB, 408x612)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>5262876
Fuck it.

You thrust your arms out and grab him by the wrists.

“Sokomawday—”

“Shut the fuck up!” You scream at him as you strain against the barrier, feeling your arms about to rip from their sockets as you pull for all you’re worth. You’re sweating buckets and your back’s keen to rupture a disk out your spine like it’s a hockey puck, but you’re deadest on saving this guy.

“It’s working, I think it’s working—Fucking push man! PUSH!!” You urge as you see his body slowly inch its way further through the barricade. First comes the arms… then his head… the torso…

“Get those legs through, man! Come on, we can do this!”

“Cheekara… skushtayrew nonee…”

“Speak English dammit!”

“PAAAIN!” He howls as he manages to get one leg through.

“Okay, we’re almost there…” You’re gripping the back of his head with one hand now as you continue trying to drag his remaining leg through. “Almost…”

You hear a sound remarkably similar to cardboard being ripped. Like a popped champagne cork, the mannequin’s body comes flying through, the stored momentum knocking the both of you hard on the ground. Not the most graceful finish, but you managed to get him through!

“Holy shit…” You rasp as you lie flat on the ground, taking in deep breaths, “hey, you okay over there?”

“Dai…joubu…” The mannequin responds, face firmly planted on the ground.

“Ha, even I know that one…”

You’ve performed a physically strenuous task and are stronger for it! You’re Strength has increased by 1!

You feel a little disconnected from reality, as if something’s subtly wrong with the space you’re currently occupying. You’ve lost 2 HP and are down to 5.

You shakily rise to your feet and dust yourself off.

>Okay he’s in but he probably needs some rest. Take him to your apartment.
>The guys need to know about this. Log into Cacophone.
>You feel a bit odd. Head inside and check a mirror.
>Write-in
>>
>>5263857
>>Okay he’s in but he probably needs some rest. Take him to your apartment.
>>The guys need to know about this. Log into Cacophone.
>>
>>5263859
This
>>
>>5263859
+1
>>
>>5263857
>>5263859
+1
>>
>>5263859
>>5263879
>>5263884
>>5263909
“Alright, we made it. Now let’s head inside and rest.” You reach down and help him up off the ground.

“Sankyu… sou mutchu…”

You drape his arm over your shoulder and walk the two of you up the stairwell. Once inside, you lay him on your bed and he promptly passes out. Deciding it’s best to leave him be for now, you dig into your pocket for your phone and promptly log into Cacophone.

PagingGodot: What exactly is wrong with it?

TransNiggerFaggot: They’re not fucking acting! If anything they’re more like zombies

PagingGodot: Well then what do you suggest calling them?

TransNiggerFaggot: Why not just corrupted?

PagingGodot: That doesn’t sound very original

Anon McNymous: I’m back. Got some news

TransNiggerFaggot: Who tf cares if it sounds original?

TransNiggerFaggot: Also, hey Mc. You pick up any Japanese while you were out?

Anon McNymous: Funny you should ask…

You snap a picture of the figure lying on your bed and upload it to the feed.

TransNiggerFaggot: What the fuck??

PagingGodot: Mc are you fucking crazy?!

Anon McNymous: Calm down. He hasn’t completely turned yet

TransNiggerFaggot: I see his outline you stupid fuck!! He’s one of them!!!

Admin;ProfessorD: Mc, you’re back in your apartment, right?

Anon McNymous: Yeah

Admin;ProfessorD: Do you have anything to bind your friend with?

Anon McNymous: Huh?

Admin;ProfessorD: Anyone that far gone is bound to feel disoriented while in 3D space. He might be tempted to wander back to a zone if he enters a fugue state

Anon McNymous: Shit, really?

Admin;ProfessorD: It’s something you should be made aware of

>“How do you know that Prof?”
>“You know, the mannequin told me something interesting.” Tell them what the mannequin mentioned about safe spaces
>“Now that you mention it, I feel a little out of it myself.”
>“What were you guys arguing about?”
>Search for something in your room to bind the mannequin while he’s sleeping.
>Write-in
>>
>>5263918
>>“You know, the mannequin told me something interesting.” Tell them what the mannequin mentioned about safe spaces
>>
>>5263918
>“You know, the mannequin told me something interesting.” Tell them what the mannequin mentioned about safe spaces
>"Also, wouldn't Toons be a good enough word for 'em? Ya know, mangos and wanimees or whatever."
>>
>>5263918
yeah probably going to be tripping around should lay them down somewhere safe and weight them down. i wonder a thing does our food become anime or does it turn real when it crosses over the barrier?
>>5263924
toon well they are not a cartoons as weebs would say.

interesting how we are sort of eldritch abominations as we are 3 dimensional i wonder if a full 2d being would just walk through our area like its not physically there.

this reminds me of some magic girl shit, FUCK are we going to have too deal with magic girls?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (97 KB, 1000x959)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>5263920
>>5263924
>>5264022
Heeding Prof’s advice, you begin to search your room for something to keep your new friend from wondering off.

Anon McNymous: Anyways, there’s something else I wanted to ask all you. Do you guys know if an Interstice can just disappear?

TransNiggerFaggot: Have no idea. Fuck I hope not

PagingGodot: I’ve never heard of that either. What makes you ask?

Anon McNynmous: The guy I ran into mentioned something about his ‘safe space’ no longer being safe. I figured you’d be the guys to ask about this

TransNiggerFaggot: Well Prof? This news to you too?

BIGTIDDYSUCKY: MIX THE MILKIES WITH MY CUMMIES CHURN AND CHURN TILL ALL IS YUMMY. MILKERS MILK—

You shut your phone off in anticipation of Milk spamming that multilayered 1DONKEY12MEN.wav file at 1,000 decibels for the umpteenth time.

“What an asshole,” you mutter to yourself as you resume your search for some bindings.

‘Now where the hell were they?’ You ask as you open the door to your closet and rummage through the myriad boxes. ‘Nope… Nope… Uh, no… The fuck? No… Nada… uh-uh… Wait, I think this is…’ You pull out a pink package depicting a pair of leopard print handcuffs.

“Fucking Eric and his birthday gag gifts,” you chuckle as you tear through the unopened box. “…Wonder what he’d think about all this,” you sigh as you fish out the cuffs and carefully bind the mannequin to your bed’s headboard, keeping the key safe in your pocket.

Satisfied he won’t be making any impromptu outings, you log back into Cacophone to see how Milk has been dealt with this time.

---
>>
>>5264069
TransNiggerFaggot: I don’t care. Fucker nearly blew my speakers out with that stunt

PagingGodot: Even I have to admit he went too far this time

Admin;ProfessorD: We’ll discuss it later. I’d rather we continue talking about the interstice

Anon McNymous: Hey guys. Found some handcuffs while you dealt with milk

TrasnNiggerFaggot: …Why do you have handcuffs?

Admin;ProfessorD: Mc, can you tell us more about this disappearing safe space? Did your friend say anything more about it?

Anon McNymous: Not really, he could barely speak English when he first brought it up.

Admin;ProfessorD: Damn. We’ll just have to wait until he recovers enough to tell us more about it.

Anon McNymous: You’ve never heard of it either?

Admin;ProfessorD: I have actually, but never from someone with firsthand experience of it

TransNiggerFaggot: Fucking hell prof! You never thought to tell about us this?!

Admin;ProfessorD: I didn’t see the point in alarming you all over something that until now had no concrete evidence

PagingGodot: Who did you hear it from? I was under the impression we were just about all that was left

Admin;ProfessorD: There are others. You three are just the ones I felt were reliable enough to make contact

PagingGodot: And Milk?

Admin;ProfessorD: An admitted oversight. My judgement’s not always perfect.

TransNiggerFaggot: You don’t say

Admin;ProfessorD: At any rate, there’s some business I’m forced to attend to so we’ll have to continue this discussion later. Mc, I suggest you keep a close eye on our new friend. I’m very interested in hearing more about his experience.

User Admin;ProfessorD has logged out.

TransNiggerFaggot: Great, just fucking great. I liked it better when arguing about what to call the anime zombies was the most stressful topic of discussion.

Anon McNymous: You know, I never got to give my two cents on that. Wouldn’t calling them ‘toons’ make more sense than ‘actors’?

TransNiggerFaggot: I just don’t care right now dude.

User TransNiggerFaggot has logged out.

PagingGodot: Well, uh… I probably should get going too. Take care of yourself, Mc.

Anon McNymous: Yeah. You too, Godot.

User PagingGodot has logged out.

“Well shit,” you say aloud as you pocket your phone.

>Check in on Mannequin Man. Maybe wake him up and explain the whole handcuff thing to him while you’re at it.
>Check yourself out in the mirror. You swear something seemed off when you passed by it earlier.
>Go explore the SOL zone. It’s late enough that you probably won’t run into any ‘toons’ at this time.
>Go explore the zone to the left. You really should at least figure out what kind of genre it is.
>Get some rest. You’ve had enough excitement for one day.
>Write-in
>>
>>5264071
>Check yourself out in the mirror. You swear something seemed off when you passed by it earlier.
>Check in on Mannequin Man. Maybe wake him up and explain the whole handcuff thing to him while you’re at it.
>>
I'm going to be going out of town starting tomorrow so I figured it would be wise to start using a trip for the foreseeable future. Brace yourself for an uneven update schedule in the coming days.
>>
>>5264071
>>Check yourself out in the mirror. You swear something seemed off when you passed by it earlier.
your own health is very important
>>
>>5264071
>>Check yourself out in the mirror. You swear something seemed off when you passed by it earlier.
>>
>>5264072
>>5264074
>>5264079
You approach the mirror and scrutinize your reflection. It’s as you feared, you can definitely see some changes to your face. Your complexion’s smoother for one, smooth enough that you can’t actually make out any pores on your skin. Your facial features in general also seemed to have morphed, not enough for you to be unrecognizable, but there’s a certain sharpness to them, particularly in the chin and eyes, that’s unfamiliar to you.

“Shit, this is straight up uncanny…” You trace your fingers along your jawline and turn your head from side to side to inspect its profile. “The nose too… I definitely need to be careful if I go out again.”

Disturbed but thankful you still look mostly like yourself, you turn away from the mirror and head over to where your new roommate is sleeping soundly. You tap a finger against the headboard just loud enough to rouse him.

“Nanda—” He shakes his head vigorously. “…Wat eezu rongu?”

“Sorry to wake you, but—”

Roll 1d20 bo3
DC 12
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>5265167
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>5265167
>>
>>5261637
>>5261644
hello groomers
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>5265167
>>
>>5265169
>>5265185
>>5265202
“I was told it’s safest for you to be restrained until you fully recovered.” You point to the handcuffs chaining him to your bed and watch as his eyes go cartoonishly wide.

“It’s just a precaution!” You quickly try to reassure him. “They told me you’re liable to feel disoriented at times, possibly enough to try and run off to a zone again.”

Recognition dawns on his face at the mention of disorientation and he hangs his head dejectedly.

“Undastando… It nesasarii…”

You give him an apologetic look. “Sorry, man. It’s just that it took so much trouble getting you to safety. I don’t want to risk you getting into danger again.”

“Eezu OK…” He lays his head back on the pillow and shuts his eyes. “Need to resuto…”

“Got it. Let me know when those cuffs get uncomfortable.”

He just nods his head in response.

You’re act of persuasion was successful! You feel if you keep it up your Charm may increase!

What to do now?

>Get some rest yourself
>Go out to a zone and explore [Vote left or right]
>Work on your physical fitness
>Browse YonKun
>Write-in
>>
>>5265212
>>Get some rest yourself
>>
>>5265212
>Get some rest yourself
It's important that we recover ourselves.
>>
>>5265212
>Get some rest yourself
Working on meta knowledge, he's probably at 1-2 HP. We got about a week's worth of time before he's a normie, hopefully.
>>
>>5265222
>>5265260
>>5265265
Deciding it best to tuck in yourself, you pull out your spare bedroll from the closet and lay it out on the floor.

“What the hell have I gotten myself into…” You murmur before drifting off to sleep.

---

1 HP recovered! You have 6/7 HP.

---

Sunlight peeks in through the blinds, stinging your eyes a little as you groggily climb out of the sleeping bag. You glance over to your mannequin friend, finding him still in your bed resting peacefully.

He’s looking a little better you think. You notice the outline that had formed around him yesterday has disappeared and, while still unnerving, his overall appearance veers more toward robotic than cartoonish. You look to the handcuffs and sigh, “man this looks fucked…”

Deciding it best to leave him be for now, you turn to the mirror and take another look at your reflection. Your pores are visible now, so that’s a plus. You’re also noticing that slight feeling of derealization has largely subsided. Happy to have hard confirmation that the changes you’ve both endured are reverting, you quickly get yourself dressed and begin fixing breakfast.

What will you do this morning?

>You need to find something better than bondage gear to keep him from harming himself. Go out to the SOL zone and try to find something more humane.
>Visit the leftward zone. You’d like to figure out exactly what genre it is.
>Rest in today. You’re still feeling a little off. [You can use this time to attempt to improve your Speed or Strength attributes]
>Check in on Cacophone.
>Write-In
>>
>>5265721
>Rest in today. You’re still feeling a little off. [You can use this time to attempt to improve your Speed or Strength attributes]
Let's improve our Speed. Direct confrontation is still too risky and the inhumane handcuffs are a nonissue considering the severity of the circumstances.
>>
>>5265934
+1.
Restoring our HP and being able to run away as needed is a good idea.
>>
>>5265934
>>5266103
Alright then, It's a rest day with a bit of training. Give me some 1d100s bo3. No DC. The higher the better.
>>
Rolled 32 (1d100)

>>5266124
Speedy Speed Boi
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>5266124
GOTTA GO FAST
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>5266124
>>
bump
>>
>>5266128
>>5266130
>>5266150
You scarf down a cup of ramen and decide it’s best to stay in for the day. You’re still not 100% yet, and you’d like to keep a close watch on your guest. That doesn’t mean you can’t do something productive, though. You head outside to the stairwell and swiftly run down the stairs, then promptly turn around run back up.

You try your hardest to really push yourself, going up and down, up and down, over and over as fast as you’re able. Despite your low level of physical fitness, it doesn’t take long for you to settle into a groove, and you swear you can feel yourself moving slightly faster.

[Your exercise has proven to be effective! You’ve made good progress to increasing your Speed!]

It takes about an hour before you start feeling winded and you head back inside to catch your breath. There you find your mannequin friend rubbing the sleep out of his massive eyes with his free hand as he begins waking up. “Good Morningu…” He says with a yawn, his accent now a little less thick.

“Morning…” You reply.

>“Are you feeling okay? No disorientation?”
>“Want something to eat?”
>“You sure you’re okay with the handcuffs?”
>“Tell me about the situation with your safe space.”
>Write-in
>>
Food is too sparse a resource to give him any
>>
>>5267162
We can feed and hydrate him when it seems more dire. For now, we ration, and investigate.
>>
>>5267162
>>
>>5267162
>>“Are you feeling okay? No disorientation?”
>>“Tell me about the situation with your safe space.”
>>
>>5267247
>>5267275
>>5267278
>>5267293
“You feeling alright, man? No confusion or vertigo or anything like that?” You ask.

“I feeru… OK. Notto bad.” He answers as his eyes scan your room with interest. “Dis your safe speisu?”

“Yes, which brings me to my next question…” You pull up a chair so you can sit eye level with him. “What exactly did you mean when you said your space was gone?”

He breathes in and out with a heavy sigh, then fixes your gaze with a serious look, his cartoonishly large eyes lending the expression an absurd, almost humorous quality. “Eezu raiku I say. My speisu Deesapearu.”

“Okay, but…” You glance away from his stare in thought as you process the ramifications. “How did that happen? Do you have any idea?”

“I habu…” He glowers, it looks like he’s struggling to find the right words. “…I habu ideazu. Speisezu alwayzu betsuween 2 zonezu, yes? Deezu zonezu alwayzu beary deefurento fromu eachu ozaa.”

“I suppose…” You reply unsure. You know the eastern zone is supposedly ‘slice-of-life’, but you’re not certain about the other.

“My zonezu were beary deefurento. One shounen—foru boyzu. Akushen, faitingu, ‘furendoshippu’.” He air quotes the last word. “Zee ozaa—shoujo—foru garuzu. Dorama, romansu, rereishonshippzu. Naito and day, ne?”

“I’m aware of genre conventions. What does this have to do with your space personally?” You press.

He looks down in thought before glancing back to you, “I bereevu eetsu imporutanto foru tsu deefurento zonezu tsu stay separate. Stay deefurento. Eefu zey do notto, eefu zey become raiku eachu ozaa, why would zey need tsu stay separate any mooru?”

“What are you saying, did your zones change until they no longer needed a space to keep them separate?”

He gives you a wry grin.

“How did that happen? Did your Interstice immediately disappear once it occurred? When did you learn it was happening?” You bombard him with the first of several questions that come to mind.

“I…” His eyes suddenly go uncertain, his gaze wanders over to his bound wrist, “…Nanda koreywa. Tayjo?

“Uh… You okay over there?”

“Kusoyarow! dawshtaykuray!!” He screams as he attempts to force himself free from his restraint.

>Attempt to restrain him to keep him from hurting himself. Maybe he’ll snap out of it.
>Stay calm and continue speaking with him. Try to steer the conversation back to his interstice.
>Contact someone on Cacophone. Maybe they’ll know what to do. [specify if you want to leave a comment in the general or contact someone specifically]
>Write-in
>>
File: 1645687642760.gif (1.6 MB, 240x288)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB GIF
>>5268094
>Restrain him and contact ProfessorD on Cacophone
Damn, maybe we should try to fill our room with American memorabilia, like the flag, to subconsciously remind him he's not a niponese highschool student.
>>
>>5268103
>>5268094

+1
>>
>>5268103
+1
>>
>>5268103
+1
>>
>>5268103
>>5268106
>>5268130
>>5268179
Okay, roll 1d20+1 bo3.
DC 12
>>
Rolled 16 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>5268472
>"YOU ARE NOT A JAPANESE ANIME CREATURE YOU ARE RED BLOODED AMERICAN."
>>
Rolled 18 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>5268472
>>
>>5261637
wtf? you're supposed to be cool. don't be gay like >>5261634 and chill.
>>
>>5262876
No. You do NOT use my discord display picture in a /qst/ thread!
>>
Rolled 16 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>5268472
>>
File: 1601763859874.jpg (40 KB, 500x500)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>5268476
>SHUT THE HELL UP YOU WORTHLESS MAGGOT, IF I HEAR ANOTHER WORD OF YOUR CHINESE GOBBLEDEEGOOK, THAT'S 20 MORE PUSH-UPS! NOW DROP DOWN AND GIVE ME 49 FOR EACH STATE MAGGOT!
>>
>>5266124
We really should be developing stealth as well. In a world where a slight touch can "kill" us, not needing to use speed and run in the first place is king, man.
>>
File: Glaring.gif (331 KB, 500x275)
331 KB
331 KB GIF
>>5268476
>>5268548
>>5268685
Given that he’s already latched to your bed, it’s trivially easy for you to trap his free arm in an elbow lock and use your own body weight to pin his legs down. It’s… undeniably an awkward position to be in with another man, but there’s no denying you have him effectively immobilized.

“Homoyarowhanasay!!” He shrieks.

“Speak English like a fucking American, you animated affront to God!”

“Kutabawraaay!!!”

“This is getting nowhere…” You groan as you dig in your pocket with your remaining hand. “I need to contact Prof…”

With great effort, you manage to log into Cacophone and DM the professor.

Anon McNymous: Prof I need help with my guest herwwwww

Mannequin man starts bucking for all he’s worth right as you press send.

“Will you fucking knock it off?!” You scream as you struggle to type while grappling with him.

“SHEENAAAAAYY!!!” He spits in your face.

You ignore him as your phone gets a DM notification.

Admin;ProfessorD: Mc, is everything alright? Is your friend experiencing a delusionary episode?

“SHEENAY SHEENAY SHEENAY SHEE—”

“SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!” You shout at the top of your lungs, giving mannequin man momentary pause.

Anon McNymous: Yes help

Admin;ProfessorD: Is he restrained?

Anon McNymous: Yes

Admin;ProfessorD: How extreme is his behavior?

Anon McNymous: Extremely anime

Admin;ProfessorD: I see.

A few tense seconds pass as you wait for Prof to finish typing something, you and mannequin man glaring daggers at each other all the while.

Admin;ProfessorD: Do you know his name?

Anon McNymous: No

Admin;ProfessorD: Can he understand English at the moment?

You turn and look mannequin man dead in the eyes.

“Hey. Fuck you.”

“FAQYU!!!”

Anon McNymous: Think so

Admin;ProfessorD: Alright then, try asking him for his name. It might force him to recall who he actually is

Anon McNymous: Wouldn’t he already have an anime namrrrr

Mannequin man tries to jostle the phone from your hands; you retaliate by elbowing his ribcage.

Admin;ProfessorD: He likely doesn’t. A new name typically only forms in the final stages of the assumed persona.

Anon McNymous: Worth a shot

You look back to mannequin man, still sputtering from the jab to his ribs.

“Hey, mannequin man.”

He fixes you with a tear-stained death stare.

“What is your name?”

Roll 1d100 bo3. No DC. Higher is better.

God I missed formatting
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

>>5269090
>>
Rolled 74 (1d100)

>>5269090
captcha:02RAW
>>
Rolled 94 (1d100)

>>5269090

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.