[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: ukholmes.jpg (82 KB, 514x301)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
A long time ago, there were more than just the average types of greenskin. Besides the bestial, brutish berserkers or the lean, lanky, thugs, there were other breeds of Orc. One of these is the Pigfaced Orcs, who were eventually driven from the lands of the west into the far east, where they quickly grew in power. Meanwhile in the west, your homeland, the average Greenskin Frazetta-Looking Orcs have risen to power, with the lanky Mongrel Orcs as somewhat lesser Orcs. Then, there's your people: The Cycloptic Orcs. Your people were never numerous, and quite odd compared to other orcs; skinny like the corpse of a starving man, and with one large eye in your face, you Cycloptic Orcs lived primitive lives in only loincloths and armed with your talons, nearly bestial compared to the scavenged tools or crudely forged weapons of the other Orcs. They have taken most of your land, and driven you to remote caves in a mountain chain surrounded by a swamp, leaving you in moist, dark tunnel systems deep beneath the roots of the mountains. If you want to survive, you must come together as a tribe and adapt to outdo the other Orcish subspecies to gain the favor of the Orcish Gods, as well as survive the civilized races, other savage races, and monsters. First things first: what should we name this tribe?
>>
>>5260618
The Baleful Eye
>>
>>5260628
+1
>>
The Doom Gazers, we saw our doom written on the weave of fate and decided fuck that
>>
>>5260618
Nothic.

Duh.
>>
The most votes are for "The Baleful Eye". As such, that is the name of our tribe.
>>
Next, what should the appearance of our standard be? Some sort of flag? A corpse on the end of a spear? A mascot creature like a cycloptic squig tied up on the end of a pole?
>>
>>5260945
A cycloptic squid sounds good
>>
>>5260945
Maybe just an eye?

I mean, I want to vote something else and not be a hack, but that's literally our sole character trait right now.
>>
Okay, compromise. Our standard is a flag whose symbol is a one-eyed squig face with open maw. Now, we live underground in half-flooded caves beneath a mountain surrounded by swamps. What should we keep as our livestock/warbeasts? Giant Centipedes? Various Squigs? Albino Alligators? Other? Hell, a large assortment of warbeasts and livestock (Beastmasters)?
>>
>>5260962
Centipedes sounds good. Gotta embrace our underground home.
>>
>>5260962
>a large assortment of warbeasts and livestock

I'd like us to be monster tamers and raisers in general. This seems like the niche we can fill. We're not greenskins, we're not numerous, so we need a selling point.
>>
>>5260962
Seconding centipedes.

>>5260998
I kinda want wizardry.
>>
>>5260962

Cave bats.
>>
>>5261767

Sorry, it was not accurate.
Giant, blood sucking flying beast that are the terror of these mashlands and mountains.
>>
>>5260962
Centipedes for eatin' and harvesting poison.

Cave bats for warbeasts.
>>
Alright, we got a bunch of different suggestions, so the Chieftain scratches his head and shrugs, and decides a bunch of different warbeasts, but mainly giant centipedes and giant bats so far. We have a lot of guano for farming mushrooms from the bats, and although we mostly prefer using our claws to fight, we have a bunch of venom from the centipedes. Vote to use the poison on punji stick type traps to guard our lair, or sell to goblin tribes for a profit of either gold, different livestock, and other goods? Perhaps split the amount for trade and home use?
>>
>>5262497
Home defence. Trade is sin, to be undertaken only when farming and raiding fail and atoned for in blood thereafter.
>>
>>5262497

Use it for defense and traps. Maybe for hunting....
>>
>>5262497
Traps.

>>5262881
>using poison to hunt
What?
>>
>>5262964

>what?
Depends on the type of poison. There are poisons that are safe to digest and only lethal when it enters the bloodstream. Yet others only paralize the victim, for a few ours. These can be used for hunting.
>>
>>5263147
I had not considered that. Sounds metal enough for my tastes.
>>
>>5263147
A poison which is safe to ingest ceases to be such if you have a cut on the inside of your mouth or the like... I can't imagine our savage cave-orcs are big on oral hygiene.
>>
Okay, my tribe seems to dislike the idea of trade as unorcy, so we will use the poison on various sharped wooden spike traps around the tunnels leading to our lair. Next up, how should our relations with our neighbors be? Should we try to be inclusive to other savage races if they are orcy enough, like the other orc subspecies, or do we want revenge on them for taking all the glory and good raiding grounds? Also, how do we get along with the local goblins, hobgoblins, bugbears, and other members of the orcoid fungal family, or with ogre mercenaries or trolls?
>>
>>5263848
Glory to all Baleful Eye. If they join up, they can be as good as one of us. If not, to hell with them.

Joining should be voluntary but permanent and we should brand them in the face ritualistically to mark them as one of us.
>>
>>5263848
Does it matter if they act proper orcy? Still better than an actual orc who doesn't act like an orc anyway. those guys are the absolute worst. Even knife ears, bearded midgets, and humies are better than them. I mean its one thing to learn how to be a better orc or know the enemy but a whole other to not even act like an orc.

The only thing worse than those who hog all the glory and loot is the enemy but their strong. So long as we all share an enemy and split the glory/loot all is fair. We simply have to become strong too and take it back. Simple. Or even better take new lands, glory, and loot from enemies while not being a dick who hogs everything so we actually get to keep it by having allies and friends to back us up.
>>
>>5263848
Let them join Baleful Eye... IF they remove an eye to become as we are. Cycloptic Orcs tolerate no weakwilled biclops.
>>
Alright, so we put a ritualistic scar over one of the eyes of whichever Orcoid wishes to join our tribe who isn't a Cycloptic Orc, although as chieftain, I'll hold back on total eye removal for a good reason: they have depth perception and we don't, making it so we can use that for archers.
>>
Next stage: How do we tend to our fungal patches to griw more of us Cycloptic Orcs? Do we just leave them, or do we make Snotlings tend to them? If Snotlings, do we make them farm any other fungi for us, like edible ones or poisons? How many Snotlings do we keep in our encampment, and how are they treated?
>>
>>5264752

Snotlings didn't have much of a choise. They tend the fungi: both for raising orcs and for eating. Beacuse if we don't have fungi to eat, we will eat snotlings....
>>
>>5265204
+1

Op, we’ve been in character creation for 4 days, with one update a day. Can we speed things up please? It’s already going the route of the usual Civ procrastination-to-flake pipeline, and it’s not looking good.
>>
>>5265353
Alright, let's speed up a bit. We got snotlings, we got a nucnh of different edible and poisonous fungi and a bunch of warbeasts including giant centipedes, giant bats, and a bunch of squigs. We're the Baleful Eye Cycloptic Orc Tribe of the Soggy Tunnels Under Swamp Mountain, and our symbol is a cycloptic squig banner. Now onto the good stuff: Getting loot! Nearby, beyond the tunnels under the mountain, past the swamp, at the edge of the marshy terrain, there's a fishing village populated by Halflings called Underbelly Landing. They are about to celebrate Pie Week, but they are guarded by their allies, a regiment of Free Cities soldiers. Our options include attacking at the beginning of Pie Week and having both Halfling and Pie to eat, or attacking afterwards to eat the fattened up Halflings. Do we eat Halfling and Pie separately, or Pie-Stuffed Halfling? Although, we gotta prepare for the assault, so votes on how to go ahead with the raid, like which warbeasts to bring, weapons to use, brazen day attack or stealthy night attack?
>>
>>5266888
>Pie-stuffed halflings
>Bring centipedes to bear in a subtle forward assault, to paralyze and panic the defenders, then move in with raiders and warbats by night
>>
Guys, I hate to admit it, but I'm a lazy fuck. Anyone else want to take over from here?
>>
>>5268846
Welp. Another civ bites the dust.
>>
>>5268860
It was dead the moment he started putting off writing and kept asking for more and more starting details.
>>
>>5268846
Thanks for running.
>>
>>5268846
Thanks for running, QM.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.