[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: BFDF title.png (386 KB, 1000x1000)
386 KB
386 KB PNG
Long ago, four nations fought for control over the Dancefloor Battlefield. The precisely ordered armies of the Pirouette Kingdom clashed with the fiery Republic of Castanet, the pious Disco Theocracy and the agents of the United Swing States. That is, until the duet invasion of the Krumpgoblin Horde and the Nae-Naecromancer forces the four armies to work together and repel the interlopers!

A SkrimJam Skirmish game >>5255912
Prompts: Dance Commander
>>
>>5257363
Dance Commander
>>
File: 1650538265325.png (991 KB, 1000x2000)
991 KB
991 KB PNG
>>5257363
Recruits of the Rhythm! Pick a class out of the four specified in the helpful chart here, and put that name field to use!
Write down your unit designation before your name: [B] for Balleteer, [F] for Flammenco, [D] for Disconaut, and [SS] for SwingSquad. Don't forget to put on a hashtag to get a trip!
If you've followed the steps correctly, your name field should look something like this:

[B] Bolshoy #putsomethinghere

Designations will be modified once signups are done, so don't become particularly attached to it.

I plan to start the mission by Sunday, and take a turn a day, to account for timezones.

Now that's out of the way, come and join the festival!
>>
>>5257375
Let's light up the dance floor!
>>
>>5257375

Let’s fucking boogie.

https://youtu.be/DfEnIFV2-mc
>>
>>5257375
It's (almost) Friday night. Let's dance~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZiZwH6ABU8
>>
>>5257375
Reporting.
>>
>>5257375
reporting
>>
What constitutes a dance combo? Landing hits without spending Move? Without taking damage?

Are actions processed sequentially or simultaneously? For example, if I wanted to try to charge my Swing Squaddie's passive, could I dodgedance through an attack already declared by a friendly, or would I have to declare first and let the friendly hit my tiles?

Can players share a space, or are there collision rules?
>>
Let's groove tonight, share the spice of life~
>>
>>5257375
Unbelievable! Could you imagine the step?
>>
>>5257375
Let us remove the Krumpgoblins and Nae-Naecromancers from our stage. Hideous things lacking in both rhythm and grace.
I'm willing to bet their "dances" are little better than the flailings of infants.
>>
>>5257432
Dance combos are chains of Dances without spending Moves, you don't have to hit.

Actions are processed in the order they're submitted, to make it easier on the processing.

Players can't share space, if a player moves into a space occupied by another player, an enemy, or an NPC, both take 1/2 heart damage - unless if they're armored, in which case the armored unit takes no damage. The player which moved will be placed into an adjacent square to the stationary one, closest from the mover's starting position.
(That means if player A starts somewhere north from player B and collides with B, A is going to be placed directly north of B)
>>
Rolled 4 (1d4)

>>5257375
>>
>>5257375
>;)
>>
>>5257375

Can armored characters receive healing? I'm not too sure of the difference between 2 armor and 4hp, apart from the part about 1/2 heart bumping.
>>
>>5258036
Yeah, armored characters can receive healing.

I'll be waiting until after dinner (around 3 or so hours) or until we get a tenth member to start prepping the map etc.

Designations so far:
>[F1] Saria !!HEVJkKyxhGy
>[F2] Viva La Vida !!tzyfwvDbFXY

>[D1] Friday Knight !!Y/qAjwH0blk
>[D2] Risch O. Rayne !!wiQctmWldLF

>[SS1] Stylish Sal !!T6ozgC0yxDV
>[SS2] Swaydolf Twistler !!UA9VW1b9kog
>[SS3] Dandy Shift !!Z1zlYMez41b

>[B1] WhiteSwan !Gd0yR5.09s
>[B2] Celerity !sRg2SqGvH.
>>
>>5257375
And a one-step, two-step...
>>
>>5258198
Alrighty, we have our roster!

>[F1] Saria !!HEVJkKyxhGy
>[F2] Viva La Vida !!tzyfwvDbFXY

>[D1] Friday Knight !!Y/qAjwH0blk
>[D2] Risch O. Rayne !!wiQctmWldLF

>[SS1] Stylish Sal !!T6ozgC0yxDV
>[SS2] Swaydolf Twistler !!UA9VW1b9kog
>[SS3] Dandy Shift !!Z1zlYMez41b

>[B1] WhiteSwan !Gd0yR5.09s
>[B2] Celerity !sRg2SqGvH.
>[B3] Cygna Lesde Vision !1e4JYbgwH6

Transporting troops to the trenches...
>>
File: turn 1 pp start.png (123 KB, 1000x1500)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
>>5258242
Troops, welcome to the Tango Cliffs! The trench network here had been overrun by the Krumpgoblins, and it's our newly-formed joint task force's job to clear and retake the area. Intel says there's a Goblin Krumpmmander nearby, take 'em out and you'll see the rest of the goblins lose their rhythm!

Do remember to rename yourself according to the roster here >>5258242 in order to avoid comms confusion! Post your order however you like, but greentext your Actions!
A sample of a valid order:
Move 2 South, 1 East
>Allegro en Avant towards South

Now go forth and slay those krude krumpgoblins! Orders will be processed in about 10 or 12 hours, and results posted after that! Then the enemy phase results will be posted in about 24 hours from now.
>>
>>5257375
Actions can be used to move, right? Like if I were to move 2 steps, and then used both hustle actions to travel a total of 4 tiles.

Can Actions be aimed/rotated, or pointed diagonally?
>>
>>5258365
Yes, that is correct.

Nope, no diagonals; only the 4 cardinal directions, to save both QM and player from headaches.
>>
>>5258365
What about moving diagonally? Just up, down left, right, correct? Sorry if this was answered previously
>>
>>5258360
>>5258373
Alright!

The Friday Knight knows not what fear is!

Charge twice into the fray. SouthEast move, SouthEast move. And then he begins to boogie into the darkness...
>Hustle (L) South
>Hustle (R) South
>>
>>5258360
Move 2 South, 1 North, Face South
>>
>>5258360
>Move 3S
>Lindy Hop (L) South
>Lindy Hop (R) South
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>5258373
>Actions can be used to move, right
>Yes

Pardon me if this is not what you meant, but I assume you can mix moves and actions, and also use actions with no enemy targets around?

I'll try to not move, but rather Lindy Hop south (L) with no target, then Lindy Hop again (R) to hit that Krump Goblin. If not I'll just move south twice then Lindy Hop on him.
>>
>>5258374
No diagonal movements, for the sake of our collective sanity. Which means this movement >>5258390 gets turned into Move 1 South, Move 1 West.

>>5258416
Correct, you can use Dances even without a target. Just be careful of collateral damage.

Also! You can say where you're facing at the end of your turn for free! So something like:
Move 2S, face E
Is fine!
>>
>>5258416
Continue facing South

I'll choose not to use any of my 3 Move, just my 2 Actions
>>
>>5258360
Avant!
>Move 3S
>Allegro en Avant W (Flank Strike ×1.5)
>-Face S
>>
>>5258451
>>5258416
I'm guessing my Lindy Hop deals Flank damage as well! And 1's are good... Right?
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>5258360

Nothing in view directly ahead but the fog of war... we must move with grace and boldness.
Move 3 south
Pas de Chat!
>>
>>5258360
>Move 2 South, 1 West, Face South
>Inspect Goblin to the East
>>
>>5258527
Hehe, I think you may be inspecting a corpse, I believe I did x3 damage to the Krump. (crit + flank)

I wonder what color his blood is?
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>5258360
Move 1 East, Move 2 South.
>Arranque towards South (Is it a Flank Strike on that dude?)
Face South.
"Here I come, here I come!

If he's already dead, just the moves, no actions.
>>
>>5258360
>>Hustle my way South twice
|>Move 2S

Risch O. Rayne, [D]isconaut #2 [4/4 ARM]
[2 ACT | 2 SPD | 2 VIS]
i'm sure character sheets won't really be needed here, but eh.
>>
>>5258416
Crap, I think I meant Jitterbug, not Lindy Hop!
>>
>>5258360
>Allegro South
>Move 1 North, Face South
>>
----- ORDER SUBMISSION CUTOFF -----
Now, Processing starts.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>5258463
Rolling for B2 - keep in mind to roll when you do a Dance! You could hit something in the fray.
>>
Rolled 10, 1 = 11 (2d10)

>>5259344
Rolling for SS3
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>5259352
Rolling for B1
>>
File: turn 1 pp 1.png (378 KB, 1000x1500)
378 KB
378 KB PNG
The joint forces descend on the first goblin they see! Which, due to abysmal rolls and poor judgement of location, results in not a single attack landing on the goblin! The only damage was from Swaydolf Twistler and Celerity colliding, each taking a half heart of damage! At least they found where the trenches of Tango Cliffs are!

On the eastern flank, Dandy Shift and Cygna Lesde Vision rushes bravely into the fog, and both collided with the same goblin that was previously skulking near the trenches! They take half a heart of damage each, but at least they can claim the first kill of the mission!

To the West, things are calmer as Stylish Sal tries to identify the lucky goblin that was the focus of the attacks - but it is way out of Sal's vision range!

Oh dear, thus concludes the first player phase, with a kerfluffle and an accidental kill.

ENEMY PHASE, PROCESSING.
>>
>>5259387
(Shouldn't I be two spaces further south? Or can you only move BEFORE acting?)
>>
>>5259390
(Actually, wait, I reread the rules sheet, and it says you use movement points to perform dance moves... So then what the fuck is an action?)
>>
File: Screenshot_9.png (131 KB, 362x575)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
Rolled 7, 3 = 10 (2d10)

>>5259387

Time to boogie! The Friday Knight sees a Goblin down South, and is prepared to show it his moves. He dances over to the vague figure with a flourish, pointing to the sky as he twirls to the right. And then he swings his hips to heartily bump it, before sashaying into the fog of war.

Move South
Move South (Ending off facing West)
>Bump (L)
>Hustle (L)
>>
>>5259455
(It's not our turn. the enemies haven't moved yet.)
>>
>>5259458
Oh, fuck! Didn't see that. My bad, QM. And thanks for the heads up, my fellow Disconaut.
>>
>>5259392
Nah, it says
>Players use Move points to move on their phase,
>And spend Actions to do: (etc etc)

To clarify, Move points to move (non-Dance), and Action points (aka Actions) to do other things (which includes Dances).

>>5259390
Ah yeah, processing error on my part. I'll rectify this in the enemy phase.
>>
>>5259472
(Okay, yeah, I misread that, my bad. And fair enough on it being an error.)
>>
>>5259472
What kind of actions are there, apart from attacking? Do we need to spend an action to add RP to things? Or could we like, save up RP to add +5 attack all at once.
>>
Rolled 5, 5 = 10 (2d10)

>>5259472
Goblin dice
>>
>>5259483
RP point accumulation is automatic, and you can save them up to stack effects.
By the way, RP point distribution so far:
>D1: 1 RP
>D2: 1 RP
>SS2: 1 RP
>SS3: 1 RP

Actions include:
>Dances
>Inspect stuff
>Talk to other entities (NPC, Ally, Enemy - talking to other players is free, and may be done in any phase)
>Spend RP
>>
>>5259490
(I think he meant spending an action to spend RP, not to gain it. Though, on that note, can you spend multiple RP with one action, or would you need 5 actions to gain +5 attack via RP, for example?)
>>
File: turn 1 ep.png (238 KB, 1000x1500)
238 KB
238 KB PNG
THE ENEMY MAKES THEIR MOVE!

The lucky goblin from earlier initially expressed confusion at surviving such an onslaught of attacks, but then saw a chance to counter-attack! It sidles up close to Friday Knight, and works up a krumpin'! Fortunately, it looks like it's just flailing around aimlessly, missing its attack.

Another goblin climbed the ladder out of the trenches, only to be utterly confused at the number of enemies it encounters! It stopped mid-move to assess its options.

"Oh no, they killed Gobman! I'll avenge youuu!" Said a third goblin standing near the slain goblin to the east. It launches a krump attack at Risch O. Rayne... which completely missed as well.

A fourth goblin to the west scouts ahead, and became alerted to Stylish Sal's presence! Somehow it failed to notice Saria, just standing there... menacingly.

ENEMY PHASE OVER!
PLAYER PHASE START!
>>
File: Roll Em.gif (3.12 MB, 375x250)
3.12 MB
3.12 MB GIF
Rolled 2, 1 = 3 (2d10)

>>5259495
Okay, NOW I'll do my turn!

Friday Knight flails about as well, rolling his arms and evading the flailing of the lucky Goblin. He then attempts to bump it, and push it right into the path of Viva La Vida.

He then struts his stuff down the ladder to strike at the Goblin below, with yet another bump.

>Bump (L)
South
South (Face East)
>Bump (R)
>>
Rolled 5, 9 = 14 (2d10)

>>5259495
>Bump (L) facing West (Attacking Goblin to my South) [2 DAM | 7 TAR | PUSH]
|>Move 2 tiles South
>Bump (R) facing South (Attacking Goblin to [B2]'s south) [2 DAM | 7 TAR | PUSH]

Risch O. Rayne, [D]isconaut #2 [4/4 ARM | 1 RP]
[2 ACT | 2 SPD | 2 VIS]
>>
>>5259495

The blind march forward - it sort of works? No idea what awaits in the trenches...

>Move: 3 forward
>Action: Make GRACEFUL DECENT of the Ladder.
>>
>>5259495
Field's a little crowded, and I got a boo-boo from earlier. Let's heal my broken heart </3 I'll watch our rear ;)

>Lindy Hop (R) to the northeast
>Lindy Hop (R) to the northeast once more
>Move one north, move one east. I should be standing directly to the left of the heart box
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>5259495
DESGARRO! Finish facing west.
>>
Rolled 10, 9 = 19 (2d10)

>>5259600
My rolls, just in case anything lurks in the dark
>>
>>5259495
>Move 2 South, 1 East, Face South
>Inspect close Goblin
>>
>>5259495
>+ 1 RP
>Move: 2 South into the trench
>Action: Use RP to heal my wound

>Question: Not sure I understand how dodge works. What am I dodging and when? In enemy phase?
HP: 2/2 RP:0
>>
>>5260063
Also, for Lindy Hop, do we get 2 Dodges?
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>5259495
Move two spaces West
>Arranque to the East (attacking Krumplin on his left flank, 1.5x) (not sure about turn order, will assume [D1] goes before me and puts the Krumplin to the East by one)
Move two spaces West

"No escape this time!"
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>5259495
>Move 2 North
>Allegro en Avant South

[1.5/2Hp]
>>
>>5260063
>>5260066
One Dance, one roll. Roll for it pre-emptively.
>>
-----ORDER SUBMISSION CUTOFF-----
Processing will begin in about 6 hours since I'm currently running a chkdsk due to some strangeness with the external drive I'm storing BFDF files in.

That said, if B1 would like to submit their order by then, I'd be processing that, too. Think of it as a limited edition overtime.
>>
>>5259495

>Move 3 West, Face South
>>
>>5260539
(By the way, don't forget to change you designation to [B1] instead of just [B].)
>>
File: turn 2 pp.png (412 KB, 1000x1500)
412 KB
412 KB PNG
As if to make up for their poor performance last turn, the joint forces scores an impressive 5 kills against the goblins!

To the west, both Flammencos descend upon the distracted goblin, but it was Saria that dealt the scorching blow! Good thing that Viva La Vida missed her Arranque, Saria's in her blast range.
As the flames burn on the goblin's corpse, Stylish Sal manages to inspect it.

KRUMPGOBLIN
0/1 HP
Burning: 2 turns
Dance: Krump (a simple attack to one of its sides)

In the middle of the battlefield, Friday Knight strolls in the trenches and critically bumps off a goblin that seems to be talking to its friend! Meanwhile, White Swan repositions. Swaydolf Twistler retreats towards one of our Healboxes and replenishes her health! Celerity effectively dispatches the goblin before her, as Risch O. Rayne bumps off their own goblin - bumping onto it before it hits the ground, at no cost to their armor.

In the east side, Dandy Shift shifts into position in the trenches, while Cygna Lesde Vision executes a graceful leap down the ladder! The invisible judges give her 1 RP for this flourish, which goes according to the princuples of Balleteering.

ENEMY PHASE, PROCESSING
>>
File: turn 2 ep.png (280 KB, 1000x1500)
280 KB
280 KB PNG

"So you're saying that Goblinomics is a valid cours- GEHK"
"Aw shit, they got Geremy! Screw this, I'm retreating!"
As a Goblin moves out of view to the west, another strolled in. "Hey! Who ARE you people?!"

To the east, a goblin's tic tac toe game was interrupted. "Hey, didja hear somethin? Might have come from the trench!"
"Stuff it, Gobachev, it's your turn!" A voice from the fog of war replied.

ENEMY PHASE OVER!
PLAYER PHASE START!
>>
Rolled 3, 5 = 8 (2d10)

>>5260802
I believe I have just enough to Lindy Hop twice and move 3 to that dispatched Gob.
(Down 9, Right 2)

Back into the fray!
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>5260802
Say "Hey buddy, step aside!" towards Saria.
Move 3 South.
>Desgarro (R) to attack the krumplin on the west
Move 1 West
>>
>>5260802
Can we move over corpses, or are they obstacles?
>>
>>5260802
Move 2 squares down,
Move 1 square right,
Turn to face left,
Action: Allegro en Avant!
>>
>>5260807
Hold on, can we move through other players like this?
>>
Rolled 10, 4, 5, 9, 5, 3 = 36 (6d10)

>>5260802
>Act: Lindy Hop (R) South
>Act: Jitterbug (R) North
>Move: 2E, 1S
>>
>>5257790
>>5260830
Nope, you've just bumped each other for 1/2 damage.

Man, I definitely want to boogie into the dark yet again and see what happens. B1, you wanna come down here and join me? I'll wait up if so.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>5260802
Invigorating, Mr. Rayne.
>-Health Restored
>Move 3 South
>Pas de Chat West
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>5260818
Oops, just realised I didn't place a diceroll.
>>
>>5260813
If they're already corpses from the turn before, yes, you can move over them. But if they're dead the same turn, nope.
>>
Rolled 5, 5 = 10 (2d10)

>>5261004
Great! Time to go... Dancing in the Dark.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dancing+in+the+dark&rlz=1C1AWFC_enSG741SG741&oq=dancing+in+the+dark&aqs=chrome..69i57j46i512j0i512l2j46i512l2j0i512j46i512j0i512j46i512.1897j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

South, South
>Hustle (L)
>Hustle (R)
>>
>>5260867
Haha, shit.
>>
>>5260802
(Question: Does going down a ladder "warp" you to the other side for free, or are they basically just regular tiles?)
>>
>>5261102
Unless you specifically state it in an action like >>5259517 did, it's a regular tile.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>5261136
(Thank you.)

>>5260802
>Spend 1 RP for +1 MOV
|>Move 1S 1W 1S
>Hustle (L) South

Risch O. Rayne, [D]isconaut #2 [4/4 ARM | 0 RP]
[2 ACT | 2 SPD | 2 VIS]
>>
Rolled 9, 1, 1, 6 = 17 (4d10)

>>5260802
>Move 2 South
>Lindy Hop (L)
>Face North
>Lindy Hop (L)
>Move 1 East, Face South

I assume I have 4d10 here (first dance damage, first dance dodge, second dance damage, second dance dodge)
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>5260802
Move West 1 to avoid Viva bumping into me
Move East 1
Move West 1 to avoid hitting Stylish Sal
Move East 1
Face South

DESGARRO DERECHA(R)!
>>
Processing...
>>
File: turn 3 pp.png (507 KB, 1000x1500)
507 KB
507 KB PNG
Another kerfluffle, this time on the west flank! Viva tries to bulldoze her way south, but bumped into Saria instead, interrupting Viva's Desgarro and resulting in both receiving half damage! Stylish Sal tries to style on the visible goblin, misses on the first pass - but she comes around and dispatches the goblin with a crit! Which, sadly, also hit Saria as she makes her way south, leaving Saria hanging on by a half heart!

In the middle, the Disconauts venture bravely into the fog, accompanied by Celerity! A couple more goblins spotted!
White Swan stood stock still and stayed silent - could it be that she's having doubts?

On the eastern flank, Swaydolf rushes back into the front after healing themselves, as Cygna dispatches one of the tic tac tie goblin. Dandy Shift also tries to attack the same goblin, which missed the first time - but deftly dodged Cygna. Alas, Dandy tried looping back, which resulted in a collision!

Two more goblins fell, and it seems they're starting to be thinned out! Keep at it, troopers, but please watch your steps!

ENEMY PHASE, PROCESSING
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>5261853
Goblin dice
>>
Watch that friendly fire, guys!
>>
File: turn 3 ep.png (361 KB, 1000x1500)
361 KB
361 KB PNG

The western goblin is still running for its life!

Another goblin rushes from the trenches, intent on krumping Friday Knight! Luckily, it missed!

A nearby goblin, seeing the ineffective assaults of its teammate, also turned tail!

Meanwhile, the other tic tac toe goblin seem to have resigned its fate! "Ah well, whatsitface died. Hey you! At least let me finish this game - it's your turn!"

To the east, another goblin turned around, astonished. "What the zog...?"

ENEMY PHASE OVER!
PLAYER PHASE START!
>>
>>5261893
>Lindy Hop (R) into the trench
>Climb ladder to south and move west once
>Lindy Hop (L), dancing all over the tic tac toe game, messing it up, and omai wa mou shindeiru'ing the Krump Goblin, landing up behind him
Please don't bump in to me I don't want to die. I'm right behind the talking goblin in the blind spot.
>>
Rolled 1, 8, 7, 1, 4 = 21 (5d10)

Oh yeah, rolls. 4 dodges and an attack, I believe?
>>
>>5261893
(Two questions: 1. Can players pass through eachother, or would they just bump as soon as one tried to move past the other? 2. Is it possible to "stagger" your movement between actions? (i.e. move once > act > move again))
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>5261893
>RP: Regain our lost health heart, those two bumps have added up!
>MOVE 2 squares east, turn to face the south.
>Action: Allegro en Avant!
>>
>>5261898
A bump is very likely, depends on who gets processed first. If, during processing, a unit is in another unit's path, a bump occurs.
This might be mitigated if the moving unit uses a dodge Dance and the dodge roll succeeds.

It is possible to do so, yes. Just remember how many move points you have.

>>5261897
You just need to roll 4 dice: Lindy Hop 1's Attack, Lindy Hop 1's Dodge, Lindy Hop 2's Attack, Lindy Hop 2's dodge. I'll count thr first four rolls.
>>
>>5261897
Oh yeah, facing. Please face me south.
>>
File: d2a.gif (2.47 MB, 246x382)
2.47 MB
2.47 MB GIF
Rolled 6, 8 = 14 (2d10)

>>5261893

Friday Knight has gotten the hang of this by now. He swings his hip to the side to bump the Goblin against the wall. And then he moves on, sparing the poor creature if it's still alive...

NOT!

Once he's made a bit of progress, he hustles all over again, to finish it off with one final set of finger-guns, before clambering up the ladder.

>Bump (R)
Move South
>Hustle (L)
Move East, up the ladder, face East.
>>
>>5261945
Yes we are quite litteraly dodge dancing when it comes to bumps. Very gameplay
>>
>>5261893
>Action place the winning symbol on the tic tac toe field. X would go on the SW tile whilst an O would go on the West. "Now surrender or get dancing."
>Talk: "What are you doing here and what are ya'all planning"
>Move 3E
>>
Rolled 5, 1 = 6 (2d10)

>>5261893
>Hustle (L) South
>Hustle (L) East
|>Move 1E 1S

Risch O. Rayne, [D]isconaut #2 [4/4 ARM | 1 RP]
[2 ACT | 2 SPD | 2 VIS]
>>
Can't participate unfortunately op but I just realized you're the dude who runs Gaol. Glad to see you back with something cool like this.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>5261893
North 1
West 1
North 1
West 1
Face North

Desgarro R
>>
Rolled 7, 2, 2, 9 = 20 (4d10)

>>5261893
>Move 3 South
>Lindy Hop (R)
>Face North
>Jitterbug (L)
>Face South
>>
>>5261853
Btw, I've been looking over this turn, and I should have ended my turn two squares West of where I did, and I would not have hit F1. What happened here is what would have happened if I performed Lindy Hop (R) as my second move.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>5261893
Well, the double Flammenco front ain't working out. Let's split.

Yell to Saria, "Get better soon, y'hear?!"
Move 3 East
Move 1 South
>Desgarro down the ladder in a burning leap towards the action!

Missed a word and the roll.
>>
>>5262216
Oh, pooh! I misread the orders again. Sorry about that.

>>5262151
Ayy, yea, skirm jamming. Gaol should be back after the 15th.
>>
Processing...
>>
File: turn 4 pp.png (583 KB, 1000x1500)
583 KB
583 KB PNG
The battle continues! On the western flank, Stylish Sal does another dance loop around the running goblin, killing it! Saria retreats, as Viva advances towards the middle, past White Swan, who is... having tea on the battlefield?

Towards the middle, it seems that Celerity is standing still too. Is it tea time in the Pirouette Kingdom already? Anyways, Friday Knight hip checks a goblin against the trench wall, and that's a kill! As he proceeds up and out of the trenches, he sees a goblin preparing sandwiches, and Swaydolf trying to interrupt the tic tac toe goblin - which, fortunately for both the boardgame and the goblin, Swaydolf reflexively dodged the board and missed her attacks.
Meanwhile, Risch O Rayne boogies in the trenches, passing through his own attack.

On the east, Cygna dispatches another goblin, despite Dandy Shift bumping into her after finishing the tic tac toe game and interrogating a goblin. The following is the interrogation log:

>SS3: "There! Game over. Now surrender or get dancing."
>KG: "Okay, okay! I yield!"
>SS3: "So, what are you doing here and what are y'all planning?"
>KG: "Well, the Krumpmmander sez this here be the best place to have a beach party, so we tryna party right now. But yeah, the boys are getting bored. Can I go now? Promise, I won't cause trouble."

Tic tac toe Goblin has surrendered and turns into an NPC.

NPC AND ENEMY PHASE, PROCESSING
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>5263018
Goblin dice
>>
File: turn 4 ep.png (394 KB, 1000x1500)
394 KB
394 KB PNG

On the east, a goblin is talking to another, who had somehow found their way, way up a cliff. "Hey, come back!" is all Stylish Sal could hear.

In the trenches, another goblin moves up and notices Friday Knight above. Meanwhile, the sandwich-making goblin turns around towards Friday, alarmed. "You're after me sandwiches, aren't you?! Well YOU AIN'T GETTING IT!"

The surrendering goblin moves eastward, presumably to exit the battlefield.

In a display of goblin cunning, a goblin moves behind Swaydolf Twistler and manages to deliver a back-krump! Dealing double damage, Swaydolf is knocked out! There is still hope, if either of the Disconauts manages to park themselves next to her in the next player phase - or else have a teammate spend an action to revive her! Will we see the first casualty on the joint forces' side?

ENEMY PHASE OVER!
PLAYER PHASE START!
>>
>>5263029
|>Move 1E 1S
>>Hustle (R) south twice

Risch O. Rayne, [D]isconaut #2 [4/4 ARM | 2 RP]
[2 ACT | 2 SPD | 2 VIS]

(Will have to leave Swaydolf to Friday Knight...)
>>
Rolled 8, 2 = 10 (2d10)

>>5263029
>>5263031
(Forgot my rolls.)
>>
Rolled 4, 9 = 13 (2d10)

>>5263029

“Mein Fünker! Have no fear!”

The Friday Knight is on the case! He’ll help his ally. He pushes past the sandwich Goblin, and then collapses forward. He pitches himself over and spins on his head, using his disco ball as a pivot The shiny helmet rotates rapidly, while he kicks out with his feet. He ends off by bringing himself back upright and performing a disco slide, right into the Goblin, but planting himself by the fallen dancer in the same move.

“Stand aside! Those sandwiches shall be mine- but after!”

East
East (Face North)
>Hustle (R)
>Hustle (R)

Nothing bad happens if I smack the knocked out body, right? It’s in the way of the first slide, but I figured that since he’s already down, I can do it without consequence, and then heal him by being adjacent.
>>
>>5263029
>>5263033
(Guess it's worth asking, does Disconaut's heal adjacentcy check work with diagonals, or only cardinals?)
>>
>>5263038
Thankfully yes, heal adjacency does work with diagonals.

>>5263033
Yeah, KOed bodies are basically comatose sandbags.
>>
>>5263033
Danke, mein Schwarzenegger!
>>
>>5263029
Move 1 square west to be diagonally adjacent to Risch when the Disconaut arrives next turn.
Turn briefly north to face Dandy Shift.
Action: Strike a condescendingly elegant poise whilst speaking to the Swing Sister.

>>5261986
"Please do try to stop bumping into me in the midst of my routines, it's coming to be a rather tiresome habit of yours and I don't want us both to have to keep healing these silly bruises."

Turn to face south again, end movement.
>>
>>5263029
>-Gain +1 Atk
>Talk: Pout in annoyance and respond to Cygna Lesde Vision (text provided)
>-Gain 1 Hp from the Disconaut adjacent
>Remain in spot for said heal but face South

>>5263094
"Bumping into you? I should say the same! I am trying to get my swing on and your pirouettes and tumbles keep getting in my way!" Hmph* "We should BOTH be more careful if we are to dance in tandem despite our two different ways to do things."

(It is mostly an accident really. I HAD no idea how I bumped into you despite A) not hitting the same square as you. B) Ending in the same square as you. C) Doing any dance that would cross with you. I think how bumps work is that if you do any moves that have Blue steps in it you persist in the tiles moved with Blue thus the point of people DODGING in their Dance moves through friendly tiles crossed. Is this correct Indo? >>5263084
if so I think we can work in tandem better now.)
>>
>>5263029
>Move 2 South
>Speak to the Goblin South of me
"What's swingin'? You want to surrender?"
inb4 this gets me killed
>Inspect box
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>5263029
Move 2 East, One North, Desgarro!
Heal up.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>5263029
Move 1 West
Move 3 South
>Desgarro (L) to wallop that krumplin in the trenches
End facing South

Elevation of trenches means that attacks happening on one level won't affect other levels?
>>
>>5263109
Yeah, this is correct. Blue steps = get bonk'd, orange steps = dodgeable.

Also TALK actions between teammates cost nothing, it's talking to other factions (npc/enemy/ally npc) that cost Action points.

>>5263264
Attacks that originate from the lower elevation can't hit the higher one, but if it originated on a higher elevation it can hit the lower one.
>>
>>5263359
(meme flavour Talks :DDD)
>>
>>5263029
>Move 1W 2S
>>
Processing...
>>
File: turn 5 pp.png (547 KB, 1000x1500)
547 KB
547 KB PNG
On the west flank, Saria reached the Healbox and received healing, while Stylish Sal tries to coerce a goblin to surrender. The she inspected a crate, which turns out to be full of party supplies... too bad that Viva bulldozes her way through the trenches, setting the same crate and an unfortunate goblin aflame.

Celerity seemed to have caught her breath and rejoins the fight in the center, where Friday Knight revived Swaydolf and obliterated the sandwich goblin. Too bad he missed on the goblin that KO'd Swaydolf.

To the east, Risch sidles close to his teammates Dandy and Cygna, who appears to be arguing over bumping against each other.

Meanwhile, White Swan makes shish kebab during her tea break.

>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>5264089
Goblin dice
>>
File: turn 5 ep.png (436 KB, 1000x1500)
436 KB
436 KB PNG

To the west, the goblin Sal is talking to replies. "Sod off, this is internal goblin matters!"
Its friend up atop the cliff, however, yells: "Krumpin' so borin'! I ain't krumpin' no mo'! Don't friggin' care what happens to ya!"

The surprisingly competent goblin in the middle strikes again, this time at Celerity! Its krump is sorta effective!

Meanwhile, to the east, another goblin comes into view, apparently not knowing of the sandwich goblin's defeat. "Ay Mike, I'm starving! Them sandwiches done yet?"

ENEMY PHASE OVER!
PLAYER PHASE START!
>>
Rolled 4, 10 = 14 (2d10)

>>5264142
|>Move 1S 1W
>>Hustle (R) South twice [1 DAM | 6 TAR]

Risch O. Rayne, [D]isconaut #2 [4/4 ARM | 3 RP]
[2 ACT | 2 SPD | 2 VIS]
>>
>>5264146
(...Of course it's the one that I'm actually trying to hit with.)
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>5264142

Being this fucking awesome certainly makes one hungry. He's killed so many damn Goblins by now that his tummy is rumbling. After pulling Swaydolf up and shooting them a pair of finger guns, The Friday Knight spins on the spot and attempts to bump yet another Goblin into the trench, to their demise. Whether it works or not, he heads down to claim those sandwiches, just like he promised. Get conquered!

Face right
>Bump (L)
South
South (Face South)
>Partake in Sandwiches

Could I get an RP count too?
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>5264147
Well, I can't get that one off you without causing another bump or worse if I attack. Thank you for the healing, though.

>>5264142
MOVE 1 east, 2 south, keep facing southward.
Action: Pas de Chat!
>>
>>5264149
RP Tally atm:

F2 1RP
D1 4RP
D2 2RP
SS1 1RP
SS2 3RP
SS3 1RP
>>
>>5264253
Oh fuck yeah, I should spend some of that soon. It takes an action to spend it, right? Can I spend multiple in 1 action, and can I do multiple things with it?
>>
>>5264254
Yes, you need an action to spend it, yes, you can spend multiple RP points, but each 'thing' takes its own action point.
For example, spending 3 RP to heal your teammate by 1 heart and simultaneously buff yourself by 2 atk in a single action is not allowed. You need to spend 1 RP and an Action point to heal, and then another 2 Rp and an Action point to buff yourself.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>5264142
East 2, Desgarro R. Do not hit the health box.
Heal again.
>>
Rolled 7, 9 = 16 (2d10)

>>5264149
>Return the finger gun volley

>Move 2 South
>Partake in Sammich (if unavailable: use 1RP to heal 1HP)
>Move 1 East
>Lindy Hop (L) that Krump Goblin!
>Face South, I bet there are stairs cramped with Krumps ready to clobber! Let's see if I can dodge!

>>5264147 >>5264424
You could use an RP to re-do a roll. Due to mechanics, I'm sure that doesn't require an Action, does it, QM?
>>
>>5264540
Lolol because if so, I'd like to reroll both of these!! (Low = good, High = bad, right?)
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>5264142
>-Turn Start, Adjacent to D1. +1hp, +1atk
>Move 3S
>Search the krumpcorpse and table for Plans/Maps/Etc.
Ah, the catering area. Surely these impolite ruffians would review their choreography while eating. Hooligans.
>>
>>5264540
>>5264542
Yeap, only the reroll one is 'free' to pop anytime.
>>
Rolled 1, 10 = 11 (2d10)

>>5264540
Step aside, it's my time on the dancefloor, all you busters!!

(Use my last 2 RP to reroll both my attack and my dodge!)
>>
Oh scheisse, I'm getting krumped.

Captcha DR HVN
>>
Rolled 1, 1 = 2 (2d10)

>>5264142

>Speak to Goblin
"Oh, alright. Well, pardon me then."
>Move W
>Face S
>Jitterbug (L)
>Move S S
>Face E
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>5264142
"Whoops." Shrug it off and keep smiling. There's always a party somewhere else. "Let's move!"

Move 1 East, Move 3 South
>Arranque East
End facing South
>>
File: lmao.jpg (57 KB, 500x1129)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>5264142
>Inspect Steps? West
>Move 1 South, 2 West
>Talk to Krumper Hungry for Sandwich: *Points at D1* "Hey see that guy over there? He ate you sandwich."
>>
Processing...
>>
File: turn 6 pp.png (684 KB, 1000x1500)
684 KB
684 KB PNG
To the west, Stylish Sal swooces between the cliff and the arguing goblins successfully.

Vida is fired up! At least literally for a brief moment when she stepped on the burning goblin corpse.

At the rear lines, Saria practices her steps while getting much-needed medicine, while it seems like White Swan is dozing off. She haven't even eaten her shish kebab!

Towards the center field, Celerity inspects the goblin corpse and finds:
-1 Salami, uncut
-1/2 Lettuce
- 1 Jar of Protein Powder brand protein powder

On the table:
-1 Knife
-1 Salami, sliced
-2 Slices of Cheese
-1 Plate full of crumbs

It seems that all that dancing worked up an appetite in Friday Knight and Swaydolf Twistler, who traded finger salvos and then proceeded to divide and conquer the goblin sandwich. Swaydolf gains 1 HP because of this... which she promptly lost, blundering into Risch O Rayne's attack. At least she'll heal next turn and dispatched the hungry goblin.

Meanwhile, to the east, Risch fails to attack the hungry goblin but hits its killer instead, Cygna Lesde Vision descends into the trenches once more, and Dandy Shift inspects a poor quality sandbag barricade before bumping into Cygna.

>>
File: turn 6 ep.png (545 KB, 1000x1500)
545 KB
545 KB PNG

It seems like Stylish Sal just annoyed the goblin she just passed, while above the ex-krumper walks away. Curiously the annoyed goblin didn't attack nor surrender. Another goblin to her south noticed Sal, however. "Hey! That's an enemy!"

Meanwhile, Viva stumbles upon a goblin that is preoccupied with a briefcase - wait, that's one of the intel briefcases of the United Swing States! How did that get here? However, another goblin noticed her. "They trashed our catering area!"

To the east, a goblin moves into view, not noticing Cygna in the trenches. "Whatchu looking at, bro?" is all she can hear from the goblin.

ENEMY PHASE OVER!
PLAYER PHASE START!
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>5265393
The Friday Knight looks over to Dandy Shift, affronted by the fact that they'd try and redirect an enemy towards him. He scoffs and finishes up his meal, resisting the urge to try and use Celerity's battle-tutu as a napkin. Instead, he starts moving forward.

The path is crowded. But The Friday Knight carves his own path! He'll trailblaze into the trench without having to crowd out his comrades.

>Action 1: Climb onto the table
South (Off the table, face West)
>Action 2: Bump (L) on the crate to knock it into the trench using the push trait
South

Do I need to roll, to attempt such a thing?
>>
>>5265406
It's an attack, so yeah. Roll required.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>5265393
Move: Shift one square to the west, face southward.
Action: Allegro en Avant!
>>
>>5265356
Ok now this is only getting silly. I still don't understand who I bumped into this time. That's how bad this is getting. Cygna had already MOVED away from the spot I am trying to pass and I don't know who or what is even passing in front of me in the image since I didn't even move from my square. Not only must you look out for bumping in the dance you can also bump when frielndlies have simply moved. Consider me peeved. AAAAAAAAAA-

>>5265393
>Heal using RP if needed
>Move 3 South
>Act Move: 1 South
>>
>>5265588
I'm a bit confused too. QM, could you make a sort of diagram and mark out the specifics of this?
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>5265393
>Desgarro (R) immediately
Move 1 North
End facing East

"SECRETS???" Oh boy, oh boy, you can do a bajillion things with IMPORTANT STATE SECRETS. But first, time for Gobbo Flambé!
>>
>>5265588
>>5265589
Simple, really - if you hit the afterimage, and it's not a dodge tile with a success, a bonk happens.
Choreograph your moves!
>>
>>5265594
>Desgarro (R) to the South immediately
Clarified the direction, very important.
>>
File: Disgust.jpg (32 KB, 620x400)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>5265595
>>
>>5265589
>>5265588
Gonna make it simple: if, when processing, a unit hits another unit, or the afterimage of a unit, and there's no successful dodge in that particular square, collision happens.
>>
>>5265608
Even if the afterimage was a NOT a dance move?
>>
>>5265609
Yes, indeed. Especially so.
Also double-replied because somehow the first reply didn't get loaded when I refreshed, weird.
>>
>>5265611
So anywhere that a player has moved that turn is essentially blocked off?
>>
>>5265608
>>5265611
(Not sure I agree with that, chief. I feel like the most that should happen is a bump if the person colliding acts first. (i.e. if friday knight were to move west prior to celerity posting/moving it'd be a bump, but if celerity posted/moved first then it wouldn't))
>>
>>5265616
(Forgot my name. Eh.)
>>
>>5265616
Yeah, that sounds pretty annoying to deal with. I get dodging attacks, or not using the blue footsteps poorly, but this makes it so that we're essentially playing Snake each turn.
>>
>>5265616
>>5265621
Hmm, come to think of it, yeah, it's gonna get weird. Alrighty, I'll make it so that collisions only happen with 'solid' units, AKA at the end of their move only. So watch where your teammates end up.
>>
>>5265616
>>5265618
>@[D2]
Please don't bump me bro, I know I'm right in front of your way!! I'll get out in just a minute...
>>
File: swayd.gif (276 KB, 240x287)
276 KB
276 KB GIF
Rolled 4, 4, 1, 4 = 13 (4d10)

>>5265393
>Move South, South, West!
>Cross my fingers that I don't bump into someone in the shadows, and just for movement, I perform a Jitterbug (L)!!
>Then I get krunk on the krump with the surprised look (!!), hitting him with another Jitterbug!!! [(R) this time.]
(I'm trying to end up just diagonal/South-East of [F2])

+1RP, I believe. (I don't mean to mince everything and put it under a microscope, but if I did gain an RP this turn, can I use it immediately if I want to reroll a bad roll, or do I wait until next turn to "earn" the RP?)
>>
File: twistle.gif (1.99 MB, 300x203)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB GIF
>>5265747
awww, yeaaah, good rolls
>>
Rolled 4, 8 = 12 (2d10)

>>5265393
>Hustle (L) West
>Hustle (R) South
|>Move 2S

Risch O. Rayne, [D]isconaut #2 [4/4 ARM | 4 RP]
[2 ACT | 2 SPD | 2 VIS]

(Slow and steady...)
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>5265393
East 3, Desgarro(R)!
Heal.
Face south.
>>
>>5265754
>(Slow and steady...)
More like as fast as you can go lol
>>
>>5265893
(Hey, I've got RP. I could almost maybe match an unbuffed Flammenco if i burnt all of it!)
>>
>>5265895
Don't get cold feet in the discotheque! I'm sure next turn you'll be in position for some good Bumping and Hustling
>>
Rolled 4, 7, 8, 4 = 23 (4d10)

>>5265393
>Move S
>Jitterbug (L)
>Face N
>Jitterbug (L)
>Move E S
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>5265393
>-Aquire Knife, Cheese Slice ×2
>Move 3South, face West
>Pas de Chat
>Face South
>>
>>5265739
>>5265747
>>5265750
I always forget the facing. Please face me South!
>>
Processing...
>>
File: turn 7 pp.png (709 KB, 1000x1500)
709 KB
709 KB PNG
On the West, Sal loops around a goblin and executed the unsuspecting victim!

The center shows much action, as Celerity snags some things from the sandwich table and hops down into the trenches, Friday knocks a crate off a ledge into the trench and making a makeshift ladder, Viva causing two goblins to combust and perish at once, and Swaydolf adding more damage to the already burnt goblin and almost collided with Viva had she not succeeded her second dodge roll.

Meanwhile to the east, Dandy heals herself and proceeds carefully south, Risch descends into the trench, and Cygna dispatches another goblin.

Meanwhile, Saria completes her grand tour of the medical facilities and is fully healed, while White Swan stil dozes off in her picnic.

To the south, some loud thumping can be heard, coming from a singular point...

>>
File: turn 7 ep.png (614 KB, 1000x1500)
614 KB
614 KB PNG

To the west, a goblin chases after Sal. "Hey, where are you going?! The boss is over there!"
Another goblin, oblivious to Sal's approach, thought she's another goblin. "Oh hey, they're starting already?"

Towards the south, two goblins can be seen showing off their krumping moves. "Cmon man, try to sync up!"
"No, you sync up with me!"
A goblin voice from the fog. "Cmon lads, get it together!"
Another voice from the fog. "Yea mates, cmon, work it!"

To the southeast, a goblin seems to be entranced by a flower, so much so that it fails to notice its friend slain near it. "Ooo, pretty flower..."

ENEMY PHASE OVER!
PLAYER PHASE START!
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>5266854

Gonna act fast so that I can get past the lads before they start moving.

The Disconaut, still proud of his hefty five kills, makes his way through the battlefield. His crate-tactic has made him a staircase, and he's fully satisfied with that. No need to run around and grab at ladders!

Move South
Move South
>Spend 4 RP to move South 4 times
>Hustle (L) South into that mysterious protruding thing, that's likely the sound of the Thumping...
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>5266854
Such a pretty flower indeed! Sadly, it looks to high on the cliff to climb and jump up to reach it... is it?

IF: looks are deceiving and the flower would be in reach;
Move two squares east and one square south, turn to face east.
Action: PLUCK the pretty flower, tuck it Elegantly onto our hat.
Turn to face west and boast to the Goblin about it.

IF the flower and cliff-top are sadly beyond the reach of all;
MOVE north one square, move east one square, turn to face south.
ACTION: Allegro en Avant!
>>
Rolled 7, 7 = 14 (2d10)

>>5266854
>>Hustle (L) East twice

Risch O. Rayne, [D]isconaut #2 [4/4 ARM | 5 RP]
[2 ACT | 2 SPD | 2 VIS]
>>
>>5266854
"Finders keepers~"
>Inspect INTEL to the West.
Take the INTEL if possible (is this with the same action as Inspect?).
Move South.
End facing South.

There's gonna be other troops with unused ACTS moving across the west crate and the south ladder up towards the gobbos (does the southwest crate being totaled result in one less ladder?), so might as well stay out of the way for now.
>>
>>5266854

Hey [B2] Celerity, I might be getting in your way this turn if you continue east in the trenches. On top of that, I think we need more people on the left side. You could try jumping on a crate to use as a ladder (or just use the ladder to your west), I think it would save you some time and help us stomp these gobs more efficiently!

>Move west twice
>Face east, Lindy Hop (R)
>Face south, Jitterbug (R)
>Face west

I believe I'm right behind you, Friday Knight! *GASP*!!! Mein Gott!! Du hast ein super shiny arsch!
>>
Rolled 7, 9, 4, 10 = 30 (4d10)

>>5266986
Got a little giddy and forgot my dice
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>5266854
South 4, Desgarro!
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>5266854
>move 1West
>Pas de Chat
>move 1South 1West, Face East
"A flapper fancies herself dance-captain. A goblin fails to understand a well placed snub. So it goes in such an uncultured place."
>>
Rolled 20, 16, 1, 3 = 40 (4d20)

>>5266854
>Move W S
>Lindy Hop (R)
>Face N
>Lindy Hop (L)
(This should put me 2 W of my original position when I started the first Lindy Hop)
>Face S
>>
Rolled 9, 1, 10, 1 = 21 (4d10)

>>5267883
wrong dice lol
>>
>>5267886
>spend 1 RP to reroll the 10
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>5267890
>didn't reroll the 10
should've picked Flammenco, cuz I am just on fire with this
>>
>>5266854
>Move 3 South
>Climb Ladder
>>
Processing...
>>
File: turn 8 pp.png (759 KB, 1000x1500)
759 KB
759 KB PNG
The western flank sees Sal dispatching yet another goblin, and reaching the oceanside at last! Celerity intendes to use the trench ladder to get on up, but almost collided with the goblin that's pursuing Sal - luckily she dodged that one.

On the center field, Friday Knight finally meets the goblin Krumpmmander, maybe a bit too close for comfort! Swaydolf follows behind him, while Viva nabs the USS Intel briefcase - which turns out to be locked. She could hand it to an allied SwingSquad to open it, if she's curious enough.

To the east, Risch hustles east to generate RP, Dandy advances in and out of the trench, while Cygna, seeing the flower is too high up, tries to dispatch the entranced goblin - sadly she missed.

Saria moves an impressive seven squares in order to reach the front, while White Swan slumbers still.

>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>5268239
Goblin dice
>>
File: turn 8 ep.png (638 KB, 1000x1500)
638 KB
638 KB PNG
THE ENEMY MAKES ITS MOVE!

"Damn, who let this sparkle baldy and these fools in? Come on, gang, time to lay some beatdown on these posers!" The Krumpmmander doth declare, then maneuvers from his beachside resting place towards Friday's back, then works up a bass-boosted circular krump! By the time the bass drops, Friday's at half health while Swaydolf is knocked out once again!

"Sir yes sir! Attention!" The goblin synchonized krump team stands to attention.

To the west, the running goblin didn't bother with Celerity, instead opting to run as much as its little feet could towards the beach.

To the east, the goblin is snapped out of its fugue state by Cygna's missed attack. "Flower pretty, you no pretty! Interrupt! REEEEEEEEEE"

ENEMY PHASE OVER!
PLAYER PHASE START!
>>
File: yakuza0-friday (1).gif (6.1 MB, 498x317)
6.1 MB
6.1 MB GIF
Rolled 9, 2 = 11 (2d10)

>>5268254

"Argh! Damn it!"

This guy is strong! The Krumpmmander's dancing has damaged his armour quite a bit, and his ally is down. He's not sure how strong this guy is... But there's a chance he can beat him here and scatter the goblins, isn't there? The FRIDAY KNIGHT runs from no one! Even though he's halfway to unconsciousness, the armoured warrior, while standing at the side to flank his enemy, bursts into a combo. He takes advantage of his metal armour to slam into the Krumpmmander from the flank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKWRUpYvFzY

Move North to induce a collision
Move North to induce a collision (Face West)
>Bump (R) to knock the Krumpmander into the trench
>Bump (R) again in case

Does using collision as an attack benefit from back and flank damage?
>>
Dammit I got rekt again because I don't know how to count
>>
>>5268259
Nah, collisions are flat 1/2 damage from everywhere.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>5268161
>>5266956
"You two, go reinforce the centre! I'll take care of this goblin, then come join you."

MOVE 2 squares North, turn a pirouette to face south again.
ACTION - Allegro en Avant!
MOVE 1 square east after this if Cygna can still move.
>>
Rolled 5, 2 = 7 (2d10)

>>5268254
>Spend 2RP for +2SPD
>Hustle (L) West
|>Move 3W 1S
>--Heal up Swaydolf (Free action, noting it to make sure you don't forget)

Risch O. Rayne, [D]isconaut #2 [4/4 ARM | 3 RP]
[2 ACT | 2+2 SPD | 2 VIS]
>>
>>5268446
(Oops, should've only been 1d10. Oh well.)
>>
File: Dance.gif (4.46 MB, 800x586)
4.46 MB
4.46 MB GIF
>>5268418
Ah alright. Oh, and where will the Krumpmander get pushed onto? Will it be able to occupy the tile with Swaydolf at the foot of the ladder, or will it be displaced to one of the tiles to either side?

Either way:

>>5266969

The Friday Knight, after letting loose with his attacks, stares at the ladder hopefully. If his attacks have been successful, he ought to have knocked the Krumpmmander down there. But flying solo won't quite cut it at this final juncture, and one ally has already been knocked down. He looks over the battlefield, and his eyes settle on the Flamenco dancer down below. Viva La Vida in a prime position to attack, so he holds out a hand to her in invitation. He strikes a tango pose, motioning to the spot two tiles above the downed Swaydolf. An Arranque from there, towards him ought to strike the Goblin regardless of which tile it falls in.

"Care to dance?"
>>
>>5268455
(I'm pretty sure you're the only one who'd be getting pushed, you just don't take damage if you're armored.)
>>
>>5268455
>>5268461
(Wait, sorry, didn't realize you were using the Bump attack. Should've read.)
>>
>>5268446
Danke, danke!
youtu.be/m0A4Zr_eFMA?t=20

I can inspect that Intel now. (Next turn, actually, I'm guessing I don't get to act since I just got revived)
>>
>>5268455
Swaydolf gets revived right? Then Krumpmmander will collide with Swaydolf. Half damage to both.

>captcha sez: 2ARKD
>>
File: darn.jpg (31 KB, 376x411)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>5268488
>>
>>5268488
Welp, fuck. I guess he also doesn't move then.
>>
>>5268489
>Inb4 Swaydolf gets revived a third time just so Friday can bump the Krumpmmander off her again
>>
(Y'know, this whole interaction is making me realize how relentlessly two disconauts could bully an enemy if they stood on opposite sides of that enemy. Seriously, Friday Knight just dealt SIX damage to the krumpmmander, without having burnt even a single RP.)
>>
File: raw.png (205 KB, 640x360)
205 KB
205 KB PNG
>>5268500
>Bump
>Bump
>Collide
>Collide

>Bump
>Bump
>Collide
>Collide

From the Flank, that would be a disgusting 15 damage if every hit connected. Dear god.
>>
File: 1648171961486.png (280 KB, 623x623)
280 KB
280 KB PNG
>>5268503
(Oh god, I didn't even take into consideration flank damage! Make that EIGHT damage you just did, then!)
>>
>>5268254
>Move 3 West
>Act: Move 3 West
>Lindy Hop (R) West
>>
>>5268504
(Okay, actually, scratch that, I got a bit overexcited. It's actually only about 4.5 damage due to one of the bumps missing, which I hadn't noticed.)
(Still, the potential was there, and that's still quite a bit of damage.)
>>
>>5268254
I have a giant brain strategy in mind and a few questions:
It was stated that lower elevations can't hit higher, but there's a ladder crossing the elevations. Can attacks "go up" ladders?
Is Reviving a free action?
Can you revive from diagonals?
>>
>>5268546
Attacks can hit when one of their steps are in a higher elevation, so what B3 attempted to do last turn is valid. As for ladders and stairs, no, they don't count.

Reviving is like any other action, takes 1 Action point.

You can revive from diagonals only if from Disconaut passive heal, any other units can't diagonal.
>>
>>5268503
Kek
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>5268577
Okay then.

>>5268254
>>5268455
Viva takes a second to think for once in her life and yells out, "Pass!" to the Disco Knight's invitation. What a mosh pit it is over there! And only a ladder to work with! "I'll take these other chumps on, you finish off that big guy!"

Move 1 West
Move 1 South
>Desgarro (L) towards the South
Move 1 East
Move 1 South
End facing West
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>5268592
I'm gonna burn my sole RP point for a REROLL. Yowza.
>>
>>5268596
"AWK..!"
FUCK.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>5268254
South 2, East 1, South 1, Arranque!
>>
Rolled 6, 4, 7, 10 = 27 (4d10)

>>5268254
>Face E
>Lindy Hop (R)
>Move E
>Face S
>Lindy Hop (R)
>Move N N
>Face S
>>
Processing...
>>
File: turn 9 pp.png (757 KB, 1000x1500)
757 KB
757 KB PNG
The south erupts into an action-filled battleground, as Sal encounters a goblin making a sand castle on the beach.
Viva burns two goblins to death in a beachside bonfire, as Risch revives Swaydolf... but Friday launches an aggressive weaponized collision assault on the Krumpmmander, using his own collision invulnerability, a bump move and Swaydolf's newly revived body to deal an impressive 4.5 damage to the Krumpmmander! Despite receiving that barrage of disco fury, the Krumpmmander is still standing - albeit at its last legs.

Meanwhile, in a rush to get where the action is, Dandy fumbles into Risch's attack, and miscalculated her dance, colliding with Risch! This caused enough damage to knock her out - luckily she's right next to Risch that she'll be revived next turn. Cygna attempts to strike the raging flower goblin to no avail.

>>
Rolled 6, 4, 3, 1 = 14 (4d10)

>>5269594
Goblin dice
>>
File: turn 9 ep.png (658 KB, 1000x1500)
658 KB
658 KB PNG

"Ugh! Y'all scrubs packing HEAT! But I still has some krump in me! DROP THE BASS!" The Krumpmmander maneuvers and unleashes a wickedly coreographed krump, critically taking down Friday Knight!

"H-hey, slow down!" The goblin pursuer to the west tries to catch up with Sal.

"Oy, who are you supposed to be?" The castle-making goblin asks, alarmed by the SwingSquaddie.

"Boys, do maneuver 2-F!"
"Aye aye, krumpmmander!" In a flash, the remaining two sync squad goblins executed a dual attack, hitting Viva and Sal!

To the east, the enraged flower goblin tries to attack Cygna, but also missed!

ENEMY PHASE OVER!
PLAYER PHASE START!
>>
Rolled 4, 10 = 14 (2d10)

>>5269646
>>Bump (L) facing South twice (farming RP)
>--Revive Dandy Shift w/ autoheal

Risch O. Rayne, [D]isconaut #2 [4/4 ARM | 4 RP]
[2 ACT | 2 SPD | 2 VIS]
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>5269646
"Ah, you have come along with me? Then let us go through the movements of this routine once again..."

>MOVE 2 squares North, turn a pirouette to face south again.
>ACTION - Allegro en Avant!
>MOVE 1 square east after this
>>
>>5269646
Upon the sight of her fallen comrade, whom had invited her along only a turn before, the muscle that had replaced Viva's brain long ago starts flexing: BULLDOZE... RELENTLESS BULLYING... ONE LEAD, MANY FOLLOWS... HUH..?

Yell to [D1], "Chrome Dome, ya gotta hang in there! Ya ain't ready yet!"
>Spend 1 RP on +1 SPD, if possible
Move 2 East
Move 1 North (Stylelessly COLLIDE with the Krumpmmander)
Move 1 North (Gracelessly COLLIDE with the Krumpmmander, if he's still standing)
>Revive [D1] to the East
Finish facing West
>>
>>5269646
Is there a way to see how much RP we have? Do we just gain RP whenever we do 2 Dance Moves in a turn? Also, how much RP do I have?
>>
>>5269778
Not only 2 dances a turn, but also if you did a dance as a last action on the turn before and another dance the first thing you do this turn.

Oh, and by my count, you have 0 RPs atm.
>>
File: Rez.jpg (1.26 MB, 1500x1101)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
>>5269754
Friday lies on the floor, feeling unconsciousness about to take him. It wasn't enough. If he had just a little bit more strength in him, maybe he could have defeated the Krumpmmander. But he missed a crucial bump, and now he's in this sorry state, felled by a devastating blow. As he begins to rise into the big disco ball in the sky, he takes solace in the fact that he's wounded the Goblin enough for his comrades to slay it easily. That's enough for him.

Suddenly, he hears a voice that snaps him back to reality. With great willpower, he turns away from his eternal rest and tries his best to respond. Though he can't muster up words in his tired state, the Disconaut reaches a hand out to accept the aid, managing to regain some strength thanks to his ally.

((Reviving means I can only act next round, right?))
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>5269646
West 1, South 2, Desgarro!, West 1
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>5269646
>Move 1West 1South
>Allegro en Avant
"Rude little mongrel."
>>
Rolled 3, 5, 8, 1 = 17 (4d10)

>>5269646
>Face E
>Lindy Hop (R)
>Move E N
>Face E
>Jitterbug (L)
>Move E
>Face W
>>
>>5269646
>-Be revived
>Move 3W
>Move 2W
>Open USS intel box
>>
>>5269907
Yep, you can only do stuff 1 turn after being revived.

>>5270399
Which means SS3 can't do anything yet.
>>
Processing...
>>
>>5269893
So Balleteers simply won't generate as much rhythm as the other classes, then? Only one action a turn, so they can't get one for two dances in the same turn - and the single Balleteer attack requires a precise lineup to accomplish, so even it the last phase was ended with a dance it's unlikely you'll be breaking into another without a step or two of positioning first.

...Which I understand from class intent I guess, a Balleteer is more about Poise then Rythmn.
>>
>>5270906
Yeah, more or less - it's still possible to acquire RP from other methods, such as Role Playing (aka be stoic and graceful for Balleteers, etc.)
>>
File: turn 10 pp.png (725 KB, 1000x1500)
725 KB
725 KB PNG
>>5270907
A final flurry of activity at the beachside!

"Hang on, Friday! I'll avenge you!"
"Come to me, my gobl- wait, what are you doing?! Stop! Stop!! ACK!"
Viva, furious at the Krumpmmander for knocking Friday out, bullrushes onto the Krumpmmander with no regard for her life! The resulting collision knocked Viva out, and serves as a kamikaze vengeance for Friday! Sal dispatches another goblin as she, too, tries to finish the Krumpmmander, but alas, she missed!
In the trenches, Risch revives Dandy and heals Swaydolf.

To the west, Celerity tries to end the goblin chasing Sal, but misses!

To the east, Cygna's third time attacking the flower goblin is the charm, and the goblin dies to no fanfare!

Saria manages to reach the front, but by the time she got there, the battle was over.

White Swan dozes off peacefully. Wonder if she'll get mad if we just leave her here, then?
>>
File: turn 10 complete.png (611 KB, 1000x1500)
611 KB
611 KB PNG
And thus the first ever joint forces mission concludes! The goblins surrender immediately once they realize the Krumpmmander is gone, and the Tango Cliffs are ours once more!

24/29 goblins killed
1 goblin surrendered via dialogue
1 goblin went AWOL
3 end of round goblin surrender

5 joint forces knockout events
3 revives

Thank you for playing!
>>
WOOO! Good game, fellas. Was a joy playing with everyone.
>>
Also, funny thing, someone on the skirmish discord server had a dream about a Flammenco girl in a simple civilian dress posing in front of a mirror.
That's quite something, to appear in a dream like that.
>>
GG everyone!
Lovely art as usual, IndoGent!
>>
https://youtu.be/iSBBsUld8zM
Good! Good! Good work to all!
I really thought that I had some more blood in me for that final bomber rush. My condolences to Friday Knight; my heroism was larger than my head!
A few closing questions:
1. What happens to the USS Intel I was lugging about?
2. When ought we to expect the next mission (roughly)?
>>
>>5270953
Thank you for running!
Will there be another mission soon upon the Battlefield Dancefloor?
>>
>>5271035
The USS intel was safely retrieved, along with the two knocked-out operatives. High command of the USS thanks you for its discreet retrieval, and the Republic of Castanets thanks you for the diplomatic leverage. What's inside? Rumor has trickled down, there were supposedly scandalous beach pictures inside... but who really knows?

As this was done on a whim as a skrimjam entry, and wasn't really planned out besides the first mission... well, I'll run it again in the future when my schedule aligns. To be honest, running a skirmish while getting a commission is quite taxing. And next up in my questing queue is running Gaol Quest's last thread, then starting up Fall of the Regime. But yeah, keep an eye out, I might be struck by temporary madness and run this again :B
>>
>>5270953
Thanks for running.
>>
>>5270953
Thanks for running, QM.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.