[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 22 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

"Auugghh..."

You awaken from the calm, quiet darkness of a suspension pod. Your race, the Jaxtian species of primates, has adapted alien genes to allow you to enter long periods of suspended metabolism; all to make long distance journeys through space easy. You are currently on a HCDFV class starship- capable of traveling faster then light.

Your name is captain Allsals Duj. You were on a four month mission; four light years, all to reach the new colony in the Xin system. Your ship has important cargo and personal requesting transfer for the new system management- some under direct order from the Supreme Ruler himself.

But why did the ship's AI wake you up now?

"Alavis- report. What date is it? Is it time for the Day of Obedience already? Are we going to be doing the pledge?"

"No, captain. I have woken up you up because of the alien onboard this ship."
>>
File: space monke quest4 post1.png (346 KB, 1400x1552)
346 KB
346 KB PNG
“W-what?! Repeat!”

“Your presence is required for dealing with the alien on board this vessel. There are no xenodiplomats in the ledger, and you are the highest ranking individual here, hence, you were awoken.”

“Wait! Alien? How is there an ALIEN?! This ship is traveling at hyperspeed through hyperspace! There's no way for anyone to even communicate with this ship on its journey anyway- how did an alien get onboard? What species!? Unlock the armory and isolate the alien in its own bulkhead-”

“I cannot do that. The alien is within the same bulkhead as the suspension pods. Species unknown. Quarantine will be held if the ship manages to come down from Hyperspace while on autopilot. If you can restore order, the pilot can be reawoken at the correct time...”

In the same... same bulkhead? The same bulkhead as you? Oh fuck. It's in here with you. Okay, don't panic. What do you do? There's no way to call for help, and you have no weapons. You are the captain of this ship, protocols have prepared you for almost anything- mutiny, hull breach, infectious disease... but not this!

You hear a wet sound and whirl around in panic. You see a massive toothy maw belonging to some giant, wriggling primordial biped of a worm. It's glossy black lips part and pull back to reveal its bright yellow gums- it hisses at you- a warning gesture, an aggressive threat...

No, that's not it. You've fallen to the floor during this. It's sucking air onto its tongue, through its teeth. It's tasting you. It's huge tongue is licking your pheromones and sweat condensed in the sterile air of a starcrusier. You're just now realizing it doesn't have any eyes. The sightless creature closes its mouth, its horrible head and neck extending forward towards you.

“Go gal. Go galla gol?”

“T-Translation?” You weakly say to the ship's AI. Clearly, it's talking.

“Translation file incomplete. Lacking ability to reverse-engineer language from species biology. Closest translation- “End light, heat light, end heat-light? Can I stop light-heat?”

“Go gal. Go galla gol?”

>Run away
>Say nothing and try to relax
>>
>>5120726
We're fucked.
>>
>>5120726
If it wanted to kill us it would have already did.
>>
>>5120732
What this man said, it's trying to say something. I think he wants us to turn off the light?
>>
>>5120726
>>
>>5120726
>>Run away
Get the lasers
>>
>>5120726
Maybe we can beckon it, guiding it over to a nice, cool, dark bulkhead... Where we can isolate it?
>>
>>5120726
>"Alavis, lower lights by 50%!"
>>
>>5120726
Ayy it's back.
>>
>>5120726
Strike at it while it’s weak!
>>
>>5121033
>start the new thread with a diplomatic incident

Porque?
>>
>>5120879
Supporting this. Also trying to keep calm.
>>
>Try to stablish communation. Offer food. Ask identity
>>
“Ooh! Ooh. Okay, haha. Wow, I was worried. Alavis, turn the lights and heat down in the spaceship. Maybe adjust the gravity a bit too for our guest.”

You are the captain aboard this ship, but at the current moment you are the best representative to meet with an alien race for the first time. You should try to make a good first impression! This alien is basically your guest. Just relax.

“Do you understand?” You ask the worm. “I'm turning down the light. Light out. Heat-light out. Tun out the light-”
>>
Your name is now Agori Falathane and you are the Supreme Ruler of the Jaxtian people. As the Supreme Ruler, you are the benevolent dictator that leads and commands your people- the Supreme Ruler that will bring victory and conquest again and again- the Hegemony will live forever! Even though you won't... but that's not what you're focused on today.

It has been almost twenty years since the construction of the colony on Xin- the first interstellar space colony. Your people have already fully colonized your own star system, but Xin is unique due to its closeness to a habitable planet. Your technology allows you to communicate faster then light- as well as send ships of colonists and supplies. As of right now, the Xin system is an unspecalized colony, though it acts mostly independently, and exports nothing back to your homeworld, you hope this investment will blossom in the far future.

https://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/2021/5053823/

Several other developments during this time have also come around. Both involve the alien technology recovered from Kimnan's... expedition. The first involves the starmap. The useful starmap that let you see all the stars in your local cluster which is only a few thousand years out of date was apparently created by the Andoens from watching and tracking the movements of the space whales. It seems they are capable of traveling between stars and star clusters. These migratory whales are the largest and most exotic form of life ever discovered by your own species- you've never been able to make contact yet, if they're even intelligent.

The second is the developments learned from the Andoen alien's wireless technology. It was totally unknown how such devices could share energy and data without any connection, until it was discovered that some quarks within the objects “spin” in tandem with another. This phenomenon known as quantum entanglement has never been seriously studied, but now opens the door to new developments down the line.
>>
You are approached by Ingar, your right hand man for technology and computer science. You were both once candidates to become the Supreme Ruler, though you managed to be chosen over him, he's still a highly valuable member of the Hegemony.

Ingar has told you that some new simulation models for Xin-I show promise in colonizing the planet further. Xin-I is currently a barren rocky planet with a similar temperature gradient to Jaxt- your homeworld. However, it has no vegetation. The pink bacteria, released over a century ago to multiply in Xin's oceans, has created a large nutrient and biomass base, but the planet still lacks the atmospheric pressure, oxygen level, and biosphere for true habitation. But that's only true for Jaxtians...

It's the Haazar. He explains that his models show that Haazar, both pure Haazar and Blue Haazar (Jaxtian-Haazar hybrids) can actually already survive on the planet's surface now with no oxygen tanks, no suit, nothing. Their partial insectoid biology means they can breathe through their skin and survive harsher conditions then your mammalian Jaxtian biology.

While the Haazar are your vassals and separated from the mainline Jaxtians for good reasons, it would be incredibly beneficial to have beings who could perform field work and live on a planet without needing a habitat or suits. The Haazar could really help jumpstart the colonization process; not to mention the potential profits of taxes and labor depending on how many Haazar you actually allow to colonize it. And after all.... there's no reason they have to stay there forever. Once the planet is livable for Jaxtians, those Haazar can just be banished back to their habitat in the asteroid belt, or perhaps make their own new habitat in Xin's asteroid system... they are second class Xenos after all. It would be another Supreme Ruler who deals with the fallout of that choice.

What's your plan, Supreme One? Do we capitalize on our opportunity as a trans-species empire?

>Allow Haazar to immigrate to Xin-I
>Have loyal, low-ranking Jaxtians implanted with Haazar and send only loyal blue Haazar to Xin-I
>Do not allow Haazar to inhabit your new planet; focus on terraforming instead
>Other (Write In)
>>
>>5121557
>Have loyal, low-ranking Jaxtians implanted with Haazar and send only loyal blue Haazar to Xin-I
We can always sterilize them once the planet is terraformed.
>>
>>5121557

Bluey is good proof-of-concept.
>>
>>5121557
>>Have loyal, low-ranking Jaxtians implanted with Haazar and send only loyal blue Haazar to Xin-I

Aww man, we got ate
>>
>>5121584
It was worth a go. I'm just sad we didn't lure the xeno into a bulkhead to isolate prior to turning down the lights. Could have saved our crew.
>>
>>5121557
RIP random Captain, also quick note he was heading to this colony we are voting on right now, so we're gonna have to deal with a hostile alien here soon.
>>
>>5121570
Also, adding to this:
>>5121557
>Make them wear clothes.
>>
Sorry, Captain Duj. We had been taught to believe in the power of friendship.
>>
You have decided to send Blue Haazar to Xin-I to help with the colonization program.

While Bluey may have just been a fluke, as he is the one and only Blue Haazar, his higher rates of empathy for others and patriotism for the Hegemony show that the Haazar can be made into proper citizens- but you have yet to see exactly how much nurture or nature will be required here.

Volunteers for the program are noticeably scarce- at least on the Jaxtian side. The Haazar have no shortage of volunteers for implanting- your computer network even shows an undercurrent of some sort of fetishistic sense of revenge or justice at implanting Jaxtians- as though the Haazar on the ship are getting back at their oppressors. While anti-social beliefs like that are usually called, you allow it to fester a bit to better speed up the process of finding suitable genetic donors.

While there aren't too many Jaxtians to carry the Haazar embryos- at least each one can be implanted multiple times. Soon enough, you will have young blue Haazar living on Xin.

However, in the meantime, something much more important has just happened. On a routine resupply voyage to Xin-I, a ship had been boarded by an unknown alien. While in hyperspace, the AI core could not communicate with the homeworld, but as soon as the journey ended it sent out a distress and quarantine call. This alien was also known to be dangerous, as it had killed and consumed the captain aboard the voyage when he attempted first contact. The alien had also grown quite a bit larger after its meal. It is unknown if it has the ability to suspend itself in animation, or if its... meal was enough to sustain it for the months left in the hyperspace voyage.

It is not known how the alien managed to get aboard a ship in hyperspace. However, the creature is not hostile anymore, is intelligent, and even assisted the Alavis core aboard the ship in translating the rest of its language- pointing to various objects on the ship and naming them. Such actions show that this creature is cooperative. Once the ship is scanned and checked for possible bioweapons- the worm alien is taken into captivity on Xin-I and the rest of the crew is awoken with no ill effect.
>>
You, as the Supreme Ruler, remain on Jaxt, but with FTL communication you are kept up to date on everything. The alien is scanned by medical technology and studied through and through, and security protocols include armed guards and plasmatronic-locked cells.

The alien is notable for its very basic biology. It is essentially a huge walking worm, or perhaps a pyrosome- its body is essentially just a tube for nutrients to pass through. It has a basic muscular structure, organs for filtering blood, no bones, and sharp claws and talons made of keratin. It has no eyes- but the most prominent feature is its lack of one critical organ.

It doesn't have a brain.
>>
While a simple creature may not technically need a central nervous system, the fact this creature is intelligent and has language, knowledge, and memory indicates that it should have some form of biological computer system- it just seems totally absent. This could only mean this creature's intelligent is somehow from another organ you can't identify as a brain or is held 'elsewhere'.

“Why did you make me walk out in the sun? Please don't do that. It hurt me. I'm lucky- if I was any bigger, that sunlight would have killed me.”

The creature's complaints fall mostly on deaf ears- your guards have strict orders not to say anything, in case it “triggers” the creature to attack- the same as happened for the captain. You arrange a real time conference- it is time to make first contact. You introduce yourself as the Supreme Ruler, and the creature gives a bow.

“Ahh! Jaaxtians! We've heard so much about you in the in-between. I am one of the Aannel, first of the peoples. It is an honor to meet your Supremacy in person- well, as close to person as we can get in this vast, empty physical universe.”

”Why did you attack and kill the captain aboard my vessel?”

“Hmm? You are a eusocial species, yes? I would not be offended if you destroyed one of my larvals- there are billions of you- though I understand our cultures may not be equivalent, I do apologize- though I had no other options for sustenance aboard your star ship. I can assure you, no more Jaaxtians will be eaten, as long as I am given enough food and proper living accommodations.”

Given accommodations?”

“Yes, I am to act as your liaison between our great-and-one-greater races, yes? We Aannel are like the glue that holds our galaxy together- every intelligent lifeform will meet us eventually!”

---Game Note---
You can ask the worm any question, or make another request. You can do this in addition on voting to kill the Aannel. The first seven posts will be used- majority will rule on executing the creature. (Four or more)

>Ask a Question (Write In)
>Make a demand (Write In)
>Kill the worm (counts as 1 vote towards)
>>
>>5121838
>Ask a Question (Write In)
"Are you aware that Allsals Duj was a well-respected adult of the Jaxtian species?"
>>
>>5121838
Ask how big their empire is and what kind of technology they have. Don't want to pick a fight with someone you can't beat.
>>
>i miss one update and people are already making a colony with an entirely different race
fucking hell

Well, i'm certain that'll end with no consequences whatsoever.
>>
>>5121838
>"What foods do you require? Jaxtian vessels hold foodstuffs for the crew; so which Jaxtian foods did you try and find unpalatable giving you 'no other option' before you disrespectfully ate our valued captain?"
>>
>>5121842
>>5121863
Supporting both these questions.

>>5121838
That said... We aren't individualists, and these Aannel seem pretty dangerous to start a war with, at least yet. I strongly vote AGAINST killing it yet.
>>
>>5121838
>>Kill the worm (counts as 1 vote towards)
>>
I HATE XENOS SO MUCH REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>5121898
Every xenos we've met so far has been horrible, but for some reason peopel still want to give them power in our society.
>>
>>5121902
Xeno lovers are worse than xenos themselves. They will destroy the Hegemony and then the Jaxtian race.
>>
>>5121842
>>5121863
+1
>>5121906
It's less love than killing a representative of a spacefaring race without knowing more not being very wise, xenos seem more weird than really evil.
>>
>>5121842
>>5121863
+1 to both these questions, also for now let's not kill the xenos even though I really want to.
>>
>>5121842
>>5121863
+1

I HATE XENOS I HATE XENOS I HATE XENOS I HATE XENOS I HATE XENOS I HATE XENOS
>>
>>5121916
>bro we're not evil, we've just tried to trick you, genocide you and eat your people
Literally the only xenos that haven't been bad in someway are the migrators, and they're barely even xenos since they're from our home system.
>>
>>5121951
And those guys are only awake for like, what, a few hours before slipping back into a coma?
>>
>>5121842
>>5121863
+1
Suffer not the xeno to live
>>
Currently, three of seven possible questions have been asked, belonging to these three IDs;
>>5121842
>>5121856
>>5121863
This leaves four questions left that the alien will answer in the next update. Voting multiple times for the same question did not count as your question, and those posters may still make new votes. This was so everyone can ask their own questions instead of voting on the first/most popular ones.
>>
>>5122042
>"How were you able to board our ship while it was in hyperspace?"
>>
>>5122042
Oh, in that case, why not just pry it about the lack of a brain?
>"Hey, so where exactly do you keep your intelligence? A specific organ or?"

I mean, we know where our intelligence is. Surely it must.
>>
>>5122042
"Hypothetically, if I were to execute you as a proportionate response to the death of our pilot, how would your race respond?"
>>
>>5122055
We can be a bit more subtle than that. I don't think it'll like a thinly veiled threat
>"How would your race respond if you were killed on this planet? You did say the sun could've killed you, which we were not aware of."
>>
How can you percieve distant objects with no eyes?
How does your unique biology allow sapience?
>>
>>5122116
We'll fold that into "where do you keep your intelligence" for now. The players have one more question.

Update will be tomorrow, sorry to say.
>>
>>5122061
A smart play if we want to be subtle... But I don't. This is Aogiri, after all. He's MAXIMUM ALPHA, and this xeno ate a member of his tribe, such as it is. We should ask them your question AND my question, I think. Establish dominance, make our rule of law clear.
>>
>>5121838
>Ask a Question "What IS your interest in us?"
>>
>>5122152
You know what, it's been a while, kinda forgot this IS the supreme leader who foamed at the mouth when someone threatened his people.

Fair enough. The semantics don't matter much to me, I am way more interested in it's biology than worrying about how to be nice to it anyways. It is basically, like, a giant worm thing.
>>
>>5122152
*Agori

Too much Tokyo Ghoul for me, I guess.
>>
>>5121838
>Kill the worm (counts as 1 vote towards)
KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL
>>
>>5121838
>Are there ways to contact your civilization? Does your society have a leader?
The plan is to get in contact with a higher authority, and see if we can talk that way. But also see if we can officialize the execution of the 'ambassador' worm, just so we make it clear that we value the law over here. Any other ambassadors they want to send here are welcomed, as long as they do not eat or harm the Hegemony's citizens, Jaxtian and Haazari both.
>>
>>5122047
"Where exactly does your species process information, biologically? Our technicians failed to find any sort of nervous system or a method of sight-"

The worm shrugs. "That's just how we are. The Aannel are the first and eldest of all races- one could say we are beyond such rudimentary systems."

>>5122045
"How were you able to board our ship while it was in hyperspace?"

"That is simple; I had spent some time in my larval stage, being fed from my mother, until I had the strength to leave her womb. From there, I went to the in-between, until I found your ship and entered."

>>5121856
"You said you belong to the Aannel; a great race that "glues the galaxy" together- do you control a large amount of space in this galaxy? Are you technological dominant- above our own level of development?"

"Certainly- we have almost unlimited access to technology. As for our range- well, practically the entire galaxy! We do not control a single region of space, and we have access to technology- of others. We are advisors, diplomats, and organizers. Every significant Faster-Than-Light species will have encountered us; and through us opens opportunities for reliable intergalactic trade, treaties, and meaningful diplomacy between radically different, and sometimes asymmetrical space nations- after all, a nation of your level of technology would be quite vulnerable to greater ones- we can help protect your population and precious life bearing planets against that all powerful void. Just something to consider.~"

That still didn't explain how this creature physically entered the ship. It could be some kind of abstract metaphor you can't understand- or a lie. One of your aides also whispers in your ear- this worm is sexless, as far as you can understand. Important to note for later.

>>5121842
"...You speak of saving lives, after ending one of our own. Captain Allsals was a valued and respected man. He had a family."

"As I already explained- your captain is insignificant in the grand scheme of galactic politics. My physical form is more significant, wouldn't you agree? You Jaaxtians of all people should understand that-"

"ENOUGH! That ship contained plenty of dried foodstuffs- that you were "hungry" is not an excuse!"
>>
>>5121863
"My people can only consume living things. We are obligate carnivores, yes, but only cells which have not yet experienced cell death can be processed by our bodies. With no forms of livestock aboard the ship, I had to make due. My predatory instincts only further heightened this; I already apologized and can promise you that this will not happen again- to a Jaaxtian. Besides, it helps for us to get to know you better. Our guts are the most sensitive parts of our bodies."

>>5122055
"This great... Aannel race, how would they respond to your death? You mentioned that you could have been killed by the sun by accident. Or, perhaps, our justified retaliation against the murder of our pilot."

"Oh, well, if you did that- you would bring the ire of the intergalactic community against you! I told you we are within every interstellar society of note. Our species is the eldest of all- connected and embedded. I would hate to "pull rank" against you- but we are simply more important. Over billions of years of life in this galaxy, yours is but a speck in the grand scheme of things. However, such posturing is totally pointless- I'd much rather help you then argue!"

>>5122154
"...What exactly IS your interest in us? To be an advisor? What do you want?"

"As I mentioned before- in exchange for my accommodations and a position in your society, I will be your advocate and representative in the intergalactic stage! Of course, if you kill me, or refuse, you'll have lost your biggest voice to vouch for you in interstellar politics- and everyone out there will know you did it for... what? The life of a nobody captain? Why are you so focused on that. Absurd. You know better then that, Supreme Ruler."

This worm seems more bold by the minute. While he speech seems callous, almost condescending towards you and your office, there is a truth you cannot deny. To be thrust out into the galaxy as you expand and deal with more races and species without an advocate, especially one who seems as well connected as this, would be very foolish indeed. Logically, you know there is no reason to get so caught up over the murder of one of your own- this being could return Allsals worth thousands of times over, but it is just the principle of the thing...

It makes you angry. Really angry. You feel like punching something. But it's time for reason to overtake your emotional perceptions. Should you accept its proposal?

>Accept
>Decline
>>
>>5123266
At worsr he's a conman that will waste make us some live animals and the accomodations for a diplomat.
At worst, he's saying the truth.
>Accept
>>
>>5123266
>Decline
DEATH TO SNEKS DEATH TO SNEKS DEATH TO SNEKS DEATH TO SNEKS
>>
>>5123266
Can we get a different member of his species to do it?
We can accept aid from his species as a whole but hidden resentment towards one who ate a Jaxtian might hurt us long term.
>>
>>5123266
Agreeing with this dude >>5123272 Allsals might be a nobody to the worm, but he's our nobody! Send another ambassador if need be, but this worm is sentenced to death.
>>
Feel like we can't really decline, sadly.
>>
>>5123266
>>Decline for now

Our representative on the intergalactic stage cannot be an alien predator of uncertain motivations. Even if this creature is somehow telling the truth we'd still want one of our own to speak for our people.

If it wants to stay on as an advisor we'd consider that, but we can't simply hand over the entirety of any diplomatic position we might hold without at least knowing the pre-existing relationships this culture has with all the others we've yet to meet - we don't want to find out that their first words will be 'You work with THOSE things? Charge the chronoton disintegrators!"
>>
>>5123266
>Ask for proof of this worm's importance
>Accept, if it exists
>Decline and execute it otherwise
>>
>>5123266
>Hesitantly accept through gritted teeth.
>Find something suitable to punch after the fact.
>>
>>5123362
Yes, let's demand proof.
>>
>>5123362
+1 to this we need proof of this shit.
>>
>>5123362
Yeah, we definitely need proof first. If this Alien has the type of influence it claims its species hold with 'unlimited' access to technology, why this first contact not taking place with the Aannel stepping from a shiny star-cruiser of superior design with sycophants from all the other interstellar societies all telling of the great works the Aannel have done with them

Instead we get a random stowaway-murder. If it's species has the clout it claims, it should be easy enough to prove it; so far it has not.
>>
>>5123362
Yeah, proof would be important. So far it's all talk. Talk that makes me hesitant to kill it but talk nevertheless.
>>
>>5123266
>>5123362
+1 this. If I could clown an entire interstellar race like this I'd totally do it too. We gotta get PROOF
>>
>>5123266
>>5123362 +1

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.