[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 39 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

>>5088777

I'm reposting the replies I did today from that thread, since they likely went unnoticed since I hit some kind of timer and it isn't being bumped.

The outcome of the whole ordeal: Defeat

Here the Dungeon was, preparing itself for all the horribly good creatures that meant to invade it.
For example: Sharp-chinned, muscled adventurers. The variant sporting the kind of radiant smile that would have the average dentist swooning and
running off to try and convince their daughters that, if they thought about it, their current marriages were not really working out.

The kind of adventurer that you, as a self-respecting dungeon, could somewhat be proud of being bested by.
A dungeon might even be able to brag about how it took this adventurer at least an hour before they made it to your central chamber.
The other dungeons might then nod in a solemn, understanding kind of way, a nod that carries a hint of respect – for trying.

The Dungeon had a slight suspicion that a tale about this particular conqueror was best kept to itself.
”Bested by a rat.” the Dungeon murmured to itself, “The only reason it didn’t devour my core was probably because it lacked the necessary thumbs to open the door the next chamber…”

Then, there was a terrible groan – a sound not entirely unlike the sound the average worker makes when they are forced to get up in the morning to go to a job they started hating a decade prior.
The tent-flap of the goblin hut was pushed aside and a familiar little goblin came crawling out, got up to stretch for a brief moment, and began scratching its ass.

-------------------------------

Invasion summary: Defeat

All creatures and traps in the dungeon have been bested.
Amount of enemies beaten: 0
Amount of dungeon points (DP) gained: 0
Amount of monster points (MP) gained: 0

It dawned on the Dungeon that it was utterly and hopelessly unprepared for any real invaders.
A dark, solemn destiny awaited the dungeon. Waiting to be killed. Or worse: broken.
At least, that seemed worse.
”Instinct,” said the Dungeon, “What does 'Broken' mean?”

Like when asked previously, there was brief silence.

[Verifying dungeon age... 1 day(s) old.]
[Investigating term 'Broken'.]
[Result log level set to 'Age-restricted']

Term: Broken
Context: Dungeons

Description:
Censored

Tags: Mind break, corruption, moral degeneration

Additional information can be gained once the dungeon reaches 18 day(s) of age.

18 days. Well, it didn’t seem that long, but, if the previous encounter was anything to go by, the Dungeon wasn’t sure it would survive that long.
For now, the Dungeon was going to push all these depressive thoughts aside and focus on the one inner power it did posses.
The power of positive thinking (read: delusion).

The Dungeon glanced over the details of the summary that were still swimming at the edge of his vision.
>>

Amount of enemies beaten: 0
Amount of monster points (MP) gained: 0

“Seems like I can gain ‘Dungeon Points' by beating enemies and also something called ‘Monster Points’,” it said to itself.
”Instinct, what are you 'Monster Points’?” the Dungeon asked.

[Investigating term 'Monster Points'.]

Term: Monster Points

Description:
”Monster Points” (Abbreviation: MP) are a resource that dungeons can utilize to upgrade or otherwise enhance monsters on a floor.
These points can be used to alter a “monster spawn“ or alter individual creatures.
An example of this would be upgrading a ordinary, green slime pool to a blue slime pool which produce slimes that carry a hint of the
ice element or upgrading an ordinary slime to a command-type general slime

“That’s what I need,” the Dungeon cried, “I need gobo over there to complete some ironman challenges and bulk up!”
With ‘Monster Points’, there was hope. “How do I gain MP?” the dungeon asked eagerly.

‘Monster Points' (MP) are gained when dungeon creatures defeat enemies.
'Dungeon Points' (DP) are gained at set intervals and when routing an invasive force.

“Fuck! I can’t even beat a rat!” shouted the Dungeon, but then received a mental tap on the shoulder to check the message again.
The Dungeon peered over the message with squinted eyes, which then went wide, “I get dungeon points for free? How many? When?”

'Dungeon Points' (DP) are gained once per day.
The amount of 'Dungeon Points' (DP) gained is equal to the amount of floors within the dungeon.

“So, 1 DP a day for the time being… 3 days for a room…” the Dungeon thought to itself.
That wasn’t so bad. All the dungeon had to do was not die in that time.
The Dungeon glanced at their sole defender, which was currently eating sand.
Thus, the Dungeon waited as fate rolled for random encounters.

Rolling a d20. 5 or lower entails an enemy encounter.
If an encounter is rolled, I’ll then roll on an encounter table.

-----------------
Rolled dice in other thread:
Rolled 16, 14, 15 = 45 (3d20)
>>
File: ArchitectModePlots.jpg (3.9 MB, 3328x4096)
3.9 MB
3.9 MB JPG
And so the Dungeon waited. The first day was the most difficult.
After all, the previous furry conqueror might still be near.
Ready to, once again, bully the goblin into an early grave.
Fortunately, it seemed like luck was with the Dungeon. For no enemies arrived on the first day.

One might think that simply doing nothing would bore the dungeon.
It might even have fallen asleep during this time, perhaps take a little nap.
But fear not, dear reader. For the Dungeon cannot rest.
Its non-existent eyes are perpetually forced open.
It also had a healthy dose of existential dread and anxiety to power it through the uneventful hours of the night.
As dawn arrived on the first day, a little chime drew the attention of the dungeon.

[You’ve gained one (1) ‘Dungeon Point']
[Total amount of 'Dungeon Points': 1]

There it was: confirmation.

The Dungeon breathed a sigh of relief. The next two days came a bit easier.
Not because the Dungeon had suddenly grown hopeful.
Quite the inverse, it has resigned itself to its fate.
Should a rat come (or worse: two rats) then it was simply the dungeon’s time.

There was, however, a moment during the second day that put the Dungeon on edge.

Something stirred near the entrance of the Dungeon. Not quite a goblin, though of similar size.
More akin to rats perhaps, but without fur and their bucktoothed teeth a little less imposing.

”What do you think it is, Manson?” asked the first unfurred rat-goblin.
”I’m not sure,” replied the second one, “but I think it might be a monster lair – maybe even a dungeon. There’s a tent.”
The first, shorter unfurred rat-goblin pulled on the sleeve of the taller one, “I told you going down here was a bad idea.“
The one known as Manson yanked his sleeve free, “There’s nothing we can sell from the orphanage anymore.”
”There might be something expensive inside here,” said Manson as he took an experimental step towards the dungeon.

It was at this point that the goblin who had been lazing in the dirt spun around and turned its beady, red eyes on the trespassers.
Which immediately fled screaming.

And so, three days passed.

[Total amount of 'Dungeon Points': 3]
[You have enough 'Dungeon Points' to build a room]
[Basic dungeon rooms cost '3' 'Dungeon Points']

[Entering 'Architect Mode']
>>
>>5115700

The familiar blue spark appeared, it hastily outlined chunks of solid rock surrounding the dungeon.
Large, transparent numbers began to hover in each of these chunks.

[Pre-existing monster type detected. Monster rooms removed from selection.]
[Awaiting plot and room selection]

[Marshland] - Type: Trap
This chamber is filled with unsteady ground that will eagerly suck at your feet, but in a non-fetish kind of way.
Adventurers will find themselves rooted in place and, as they struggle, drawn into its murky depths

DC: 5 Strength saving throw for every entity that enters the room

[Pit room] - Type: Trap
This chamber is dotted with pit traps, causing a 10 foot drop.
No spikes at the bottom of these, however. Those cost extra.

[Jungle room] - Type: Trap
This chamber is filled with an extremely out of place, exotic jungle filled with poisonous plants and bugs.

DC: 5 Constitution saving throw for every entity that enters the room

Example selection: Marshland, Plot 6

See previous post of image
>>
>>5115710
Pit room:

DC: 5 Wisdom saving throw for every entity that enters the room

Sorry.
>>
>>5115710
Wow, this actually isn't dead. Fantastic.

The Goblin already causes a Strength check, so we should probably diversify the rolls any invaders must make so we have a higher chance of actually killing them.

>[Jungle room] - Type: Trap
>This chamber is filled with an extremely out of place, exotic jungle filled with poisonous plants and bugs. DC: 5 Constitution saving throw for every entity that enters the room

Can we move the Goblin camp to Square 3 and place the Jungle Tile in it's place? I'd prefer the trap room first to weaken any invaders before they have to contend with our Gobbos. If we can't move tiles around, just place the Jungle tile in Square 3.

Maybe we can train our Gobbos to become the Vietcong and use the Jungle to ambush any invaders in the future.
>>
>>5115789
Supporting Vietcong Goblins
>>
>>5115789
+1 to this, IT'S ALIVE!
Also someone go archive the previous thread.
>>
So glad QM came back!
>>5115789
Supporting vietcong Gobs. Favorite monsters are kobold, so if we can turn gobs in Tucker kobold equivalent we're good to go.

https://media.wizards.com/2014/downloads/dnd/TuckersKobolds.pdf

Still hoping we can tame a rat, but let's wait a bit before trying again. Maybe first floor can become small race ragtag of misfit race, with gobs, kobolds, skavens, grunks and whatever?
>>
>>5115789
+1
>>
>>5115710
>[Jungle room] - Type: Trap
>>
>>5115789
>>5115824
>>5116212
>>5116753
>>5116961

Jungle room it is. Goblin camp will be moved to square 3 and more the dungeon room to move.
>>
>>5118222
Nice!
really love that quest and can really see the effort put in it; can't wait for next updates QM
>>
The Dungeon felt uneasy with the fact that its [Core room] was about a running jump away from the entrance.
Hell, the dungeon would be outwitted, outsmarted, and outplayed if some guy decided to bring a pole to vault over the goblin.
Honestly, the Dungeon was tiny. Its rooms were barely 15 by 15 ft. With the ceiling also being a mere 15 ft. off the ground.

The Dungeon’s eyeless gaze dropped on the [Jungle room].
Not only would placing it near the entrance provide some much needed personal space for the [Core room], but, if the jungle was dense enough, might even deter enemies.
A green curtain filled with poisonous plants, critters, and uncertainty.

“[Jungle room] it is!“ the Dungeon announced to the little blue spark, which then bobbed up and down in understanding.
There was a sudden and aggressive attempt at causing whiplash.
The Dungeon felt itself being yanked backwards, the two existing chambers distanced themselves from the entrance as a terrible grinding noise echoed down the cavern.

The little blue spark hastily got to work. It quickly constructed a chamber in the now vacant spot that had earlier housed the goblin encampment.
The chamber floor shifted from a bare, rocky grey to a lush, radiant green. Dozens of colourful bugs appeared from between the grass and foliage that sprouted.
Some plants stayed small and vibrant, while others swelled in size until they took up a considerable portion of the chamber.

Its job done, the blue spark faded with a puff of glitter.

['Jungle room' has been constructed]

“It’s not as dense as I hoped it might be,” the Dungeon noted, “Instinct, is there anything we can do about that?”

------

[Investigating 'Dungeon room specifications'.]

Query: Density

Response:
The size or density of a room can altered by placing rooms of the same type in the adjoining plots. The room will then expand to fill the adjoining square.
The amount of creatures that can dwell within the room increases in proportion to its size. A room of basic size can hold up to 3 creatures.
Rather than forcing multiple “Saving throws“, a larger room has a higher “Difficulty check (DC)“.
Furthermore, a room or creatures within have a chance to evolve when the room has grown large enough and if it meets the other hidden criteria.

Example:
A [Volcanic room] with a [Slime] in it might cause the [Slime] to evolve into a [Lava slime] if it grows in size.
A [Pond room] might evolve into a [Lake room] if it grows large enough.

------

For a moment, the Dungeon was excited at the idea of growing rooms and moving creatures around.
This excitement lasted up until it realized it had no [Dungeon Points] or [Monster Points] remaining.
The Dungeon tried to sigh, but instead yelped when it heard out-of-breath voices near the entrance.
>>
File: Grez.jpg (273 KB, 796x1000)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
>>5118287

”What was that noise?” shouted the one known as Manson as he tried to catch his breath.

”…You weren’t lying,” said a voice, disbelief clear on her face once she stepped into view.

Manson’s brow furrowed, “Hold on, Grez. There wasn’t a jungle here before…. Just some monster.”

The woman with pale-green skin thought for a moment, then a large smile crept onto her face, “This isn’t just some monster spawn…”

”What do you mean?” replied the shaggy-haired youth, crossing his arms.

”Only dungeons can grow, Manson! This is a dungeon! Endless wealth!” she cried, flaying her arms wildly.

Manson’s face went through a myriad of expressions, indicating his internal struggle, ”But, Grez, aren’t they dangerous? What if that monster is still here?”

Grez shook her head knowingly, “Only older dungeons are dangerous, stupid. You said this dungeon wasn’t here last week, right? That means it’s basically a baby!”

”Oh,” replied Manson, “So, what now? Tell some adults?”

Grez rolled her eyes, “Really? Anyone from the [Trade District] will cut your throat the moment you show them the entrance to the dungeon,” she said.

”Mercenaries then?” tried Manson, shifting uncomfortably.

”Dungeons are worth more than all the money we’ll ever have!” she snapped, then pinched the bridge of her nose, “Just leave the thinking to me, alright?”

Manson’s nodded solemnly.

After a few moments, the green-skinned woman by the name of Grez seemed to have come to a decision, determination etched into her face.
“We’re going in,” she said.

”What!” cried Manson, “No! It’s suicide! We don’t even have any weapons!”

”Do you want to keep begging for scraps the rest of your life!?” snarled Grez, “The orphanage will never come back and we’ve sold everything that wasn’t bolted down. We’re probably not the only ones that heard that grinding noise. Others might come soon. There’s no time to get weapons. Besides, we can’t even afford weapons!”

The woman placed a hand on Manson’s shoulder in a reassuring kind of way, “Listen, this is our only chance. We need to go in and start breaking the dungeon. It’s a slow process, it’ll take a while. But once we do, the dungeon will be loyal to us. Tons of money will follow. We can help everyone from the orphanage! Don’t you want that?”

Manson gave her an uncertain nod, “I guess…”

Graz smiled, ”Good. Let’s go!”
>>
>>5118295

The Dungeon had been listening in to the conversation happening on its doorstep,
“LETS NOT,” it shouted to itself, “I NEED MORE ROOMS. MORE TRAPS. MORE MONSTERS. ONE WAS ALREADY A PROBLEM AND NOW THERE’S TWO OF THEM!”

In the middle of its breakdown, the Dungeon spotted its loyal subject opening the door to the adjoining [Jungle room] and peeking around with a hint of interest.

“INSTINCT!“ shouted to the Dungeon to itself.

----

[Analysing context…]
[Investigating entity with id 'GOB-0001'.]

Response:
Dungeon monsters can be assigned to any room.

----

1 - Move goblin to [Core room]
2 - Move goblin to [Jungle room]
3 - Other...
>>
>>5118297
>2 - Move goblin to [Jungle room]
If creatures can evolve if they are placed in specific rooms, perhaps the Goblin can evolve if it's stationed in the Jungle Room
>>
>>5118297
>-Other
Tell Bobby the Goblin to just stay near the entrance of his room. He's really dumb and I would like to investigate the Jungle Room more before sending him there, because... You know... I don't want him to touch a venemous plant or frog by accident (or just eating one) before we have a simple and understandable guide for him.

If this is not the case and he won't stupidly die by its own for just sending him there, then I support >>5118311
>>
What about the difficulty?
Does setting the goblin in the jungle :
>Makes people resolve 2 DC at one?
>Increase the DC of either of the tests?

I'll go for moving goblin to [Jungle Room]. Viet cong gobo. Plus, maybe the spawner can (will?) spawn more monster if there are none in the room. So with the spawner, we can dispactch them.
>>
Goblin rape, I've seen this before.
>>
>>5118311
> +1
>>
>>5118311
+1
>>
>>5118297
Every example of mob upgrade you give makes me wish slime floor had won. Ah well.
Also, know that I'm counting the days to 18.
>>
>>5118744
Same here. Unless we can ragtag of misfit with small races.
>>
>>5118311
Backing.

>>5118749
Goblins would be useful if they weren't so goddamn retarded. Kinda ruins the point of choosing humanoid starter yeah? Slimes are deadly if you use proper trap and terrain configurations as thanks to being jelly they can squeeze into unbelievable positions and ambush to deadly effect while deep in cover.
>>
>>5118819
>>5118744
>Goblins would be useful if they weren't so goddamn retarded
>Every example of mob upgrade you give makes me wish slime floor had won
Take note that the Instinct said that creatures gain MP when they succeed at murderizing invaders, which can be used to alter minion stats. If the Goblin can successfully kill one or two of the invaders we should hopefully have enough MP to give them more intelligence to make better use of the Jungle to ambush people. We just need that one win and our Gobbos will be less retarded.
>>
>>5118982
It's time, where going to make fucking gobbo wizards
>>
Will post an update shortly.
This message is mostly a check to see if the thread still gets bumped or if it timed out
>>
>>5119603
Pasted from an anon last thread:
>Automatic permasage after 72 hours.
You still have plenty of time before the thread dies; this board isn't the fastest.

Also, I think you can only have 3 threads at any one point.
Currently, count between 30 to 40 days for a thread to fall off the board. You're new, I presume. /tg/ ?

>>5118749
Nope. Said in first thread that floor are restricted to 1 type of mob. We're boned, not slimed.

>>5118819
>>5118982
Nothing said about murderizing, just defeating or routing. We don't have to kill people, you know ? Mechanics wise, a DC fail on a paltry swamp trap or on a goblin fight will count as victory. I feel that racking up a body count now is counter productive. Part of why I'm pushing for Broken dungeons. With that info comes bartering power.
>>
>>5119639
>I feel that racking up a body count now is counter productive
It would be, if these people weren't street urchins or orphans. No one will miss these two or come to investigate their disapperance. We should absolutely kill them if we have the chances as they are the only ones who know of our existence, if we don't kill them chances are they will blab about the Dungeon to others if they manage to leave. As they said, we're a Baby Dungeon, we'll be easy prey if word gets around that we exist when we only have a two rooms and shitty Goblins as minions.
>>
>>5119657
I consider them potential allies. They're the only ones who might have an interest in not "breaking" us but instead getting into a partnership, unlike the mercenaries they talked about.
In our current predicament, any info about the operation of dungeons they might have is precious to us.
I want to clear with QM whether an enemy that flees the dungeon from failing a DC will net us points or not. We can use them if that's the case.
>>
File: 1439720261355.jpg (46 KB, 504x441)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>5119675
>I consider them potential allies. They're the only ones who might have an interest in not "breaking" us but instead getting into a partnership
They literally said in the update that they will break us and force loyalty on us and exploit us for cash. They are not 'potential' allies, they are actual enemies.

>“Listen, this is our only chance. We need to go in and start breaking the dungeon. It’s a slow process, it’ll take a while. But once we do, the dungeon will be loyal to us. Tons of money will follow"

How would you even get on this line of reasoning? This isn't Friendly-Catch-'Em-All-Befriend-'Em-All, if we do not rout invaders and kill enemies we do not gain experience points for us or for our minions.

>‘Monster Points' (MP) are gained when dungeon creatures defeat enemies.
>when dungeon creatures defeat enemies
>'Dungeon Points' (DP) are gained at set intervals and when routing an invasive force.
>when routing an invasive force

It was funny to sic Bobby the Goblin on the rat and watch him fail, but if we continue to have this attitude that anything can be either befriended, reasoned with or tamed we will actually just lose the quest. It's kill or be killed here.
>>
>>5119684
>They literally said in the update that they will break us and force loyalty on us and exploit us for cash. They are not 'potential' allies, they are actual enemies.
Well at least they know what breaking is. If we knew what breaking was, we could take advantage of them and fake it maybe ?
It beats dying.

>How would you even get on this line of reasoning? This isn't Friendly-Catch-'Em-All-Befriend-'Em-All, if we do not rout invaders and kill enemies we do not gain experience points for us or for our minions.
You're playing with the system. That is what gets you killed. Dungeons are born, dungeons grow, dungeons get heat, dungeons die. That's the system. I say we find the limits, and abuse the shit out of them. But we're going to need outside help for exploits.

It was funny to sic Bobby the Goblin on the rat and watch him fail, but if we continue to have this attitude that anything can be either befriended, reasoned with or tamed we will actually just lose the quest. It's kill or be killed here.
I'm one of those who found it pathetic, and it made me realize that if we don't get protectors or any way to not get invaded, we're fucked.
>>
File: MansonAndGrez.jpg (104 KB, 906x986)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
The Dungeon extended an invisible digit into the direction of the goblin, “You!”
To which the goblin responded with a tired gaze and sucking up a large string of slobber that had almost fallen to the ground.
"Into the jungle, solder! Go! Go! Go!” commanded the Dungeon, “You’re the last line of defence! Also the first!”

Whether or not the goblin understood the words was unclear, but it seemed to have picked up on the intent of it.
The goblin hurried though the door leading to the [Jungle room] and closed it behind him.

There was a brief moment where the Dungeon worried for the little guy as he waltzed right through beautiful, multi-coloured plants that usually indicate certain death.
Strangely enough, whatever mucus or poison was coating the large leaves and clearly brushing off onto the goblin seemed entirely ignored by it.
The goblin tried to hide.

A deep-blue frog crawled onto the goblin’s arm as he was hunkering down in the jungle.
They stared at each other for a brief moment, waiting for certain lethal expectations to be met.
At first nothing happened, but then nothing continued to happen.
Now, most frogs cannot sweat, but this one really wished it could.
The goblin took firm hold of the frog and stuffed it into one of its many little pouches, presumably as a snack for later.
Its eyes narrowed as the goblin heard footsteps closing in, changing from their usual, dopey look into into small, red beads burning with malice.

”Take a deep breath,” said Grez, “And let’s head in”
Manson did just that.

[Two hostile creatures have entered the dungeon]

Name: Manson Nielsen
Type: Humanoid (Human)
Level: 1
Health: 1
Strength: +0
Dexterity: +1
Constitution: +1
Wisdom: +1
Intelligence: -2
Charisma: -1

Name: Grez Wildflower
Type: Humanoid (Half-orc)
Strength: -1
Dexterity: +1
Constitution: -1
Wisdom: +2
Intelligence: +1
Charisma: +3

This was the most nerve-wracking part of being a dungeon.
Once enemies actually entered the dungeon, you had to depend on your preparations.
Sit back and watch.

Grez's eyes darted left and right, "Did you hear something?" she stammered, " A door?"
"What?" replied Manson, swatting at some kind of butterfly. Grez sighed, "Nevermind."
The two orphans made careful, hesitant steps as they began making their way through the [Jungle room].
Although the room was quite warm and humid, it wasn’t the reason that beads of sweat began to form on Grez’s brow.
“Just follow me, Manson,“ she said, swallowing, “And don’t touch anything.”

Manson nodded.
>>
Rolled 2, 16 = 18 (2d20)

>>5119692
As I haven't found out how to roll multiple dice with modifiers, I'll simply roll two d20s and add the modifiers later.
First roll is Manson, second roll is Grez.

Manson rolls against [Jungle room] (DC: 5 Constitution) (+1 modifier)
Grez rolls against [Jungle room] (DC: 5 Constitution) (-1 modifier)
>>
>>5119696
Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to roll multiple dice with modifiers, it just gets added to the total. You'll just have to keep modifiers seperate unless you want to roll a single die at a time.

In other news: Manson disregards Grez and eats something he shouldn't.
>>
>>5119696

Eyes peeled and hearts thumping, the duo crept through the treacherous jungle.
When suddenly, there was a rustle coming from a nearby brush.
They both turned, their hands opening and closing at their sides -- agonizingly empty and void of weapons.
A large centipede sprang into view, rushing up Grez’s legs.
She shrieked in panic and flailed around, leg kicking at empty air, “Get it off! Get it off!” she cried, sending the little monster flying with a final kick.

It landed right in front of Manson, who unconsciously took a step backwards.
His heel caught on a exposed root, sending him tumbling backwards – into a dense collection of multi-coloured plants.
Tiny droplets and strange powders took to the air as Manson hit the jungle floor.
Manson immediately tried to get up, only to discover he vision began to swim.

”Manson, get up!” cried Grez, eyes wide and tears forming.

Manson’s eyes lulled from side-to-side, he seemed in a haze.
Surprisingly, he did manage to get up. He took a step.
Then, Manson’s eyes rolled back and his knees buckled.
He lay there then, sprawled out on the jungle floor.
Foam forming at the mouth.

[Hostile creature 'Manson' takes one (1) point of damage from [Jungle trap]]
[The health of hostile creature 'Manson' has reached zero (0).]
[Hostile creature 'Manson' has gone unconscious.]
[Hostile creature 'Manson' has been defeated.]
[The dungeon will now absorb hostile creature 'Manson']

Grez grabbed Manson’s leg with both hands and began to pull him backwards.
Her tear-filled eyes glancing over her shoulder and locking on the exit barely 10 ft. away, “Hang on!”
She managed to drag his unconscious form barely a foot, when it felt like the weight of the world was clinging to the other side of her fallen friend.

An investigative glance told her that Manson’s body was disappearing into the jungle floor.
Complete panic took Grez, just stammers and moans making an attempt at words.
She began yanking at Manson’s leg with all her might, but it would not budge in the slightest.
The pale-green skinned woman only succeeded in pulling off his boot and was forced to watch as Manson’s familiar face was devoured by the dungeon.

A dozen bugs or so darted in each and every direction when she threw the newly-acquired boot on the ground.
She sat on the spongy jungle floor, tears falling, “I’m sorry,” she muttered.

A new sound echoed through the small chamber.
A cackle.
>>
Rolled 14 - 1 (1d20 - 1)

>>5119729
Forgot image

Grez rolls against [Goblin] (DC: 8 Strength) (-1 modifier)
>>
>>5119732
RIP Boblin the goblin.
>>5119639
I know we can't get slime on that floor, maybe next one? But with slime variety available, maybe our floor can be set in "small humanoids", "green skins", or even "smelly monsters" type.
>>
>>5119732
We're so fucked.
Grez just saw her friend get eaten. She knows what to do to break dungeons, and she's too grief-stricken to be manipulated by us.
GG, well played.
Also, first time I've heard of a dungeon absorbing enemies and not just allies. Can we toggle that on and off ?
>>
>>5119732
>>5119749
Don't despair yet. Our gob got a frog in its pocket. Maybe fighting in a dangerous environment will force the ennemy to re-take the environmental check.
>>
>>5119732

With a sudden rush of movement, the goblin burst forth out of the bushes.
Red eyes gleaming, mismatched teeth of full display.
It extended a grubby hand towards Grez, who tried dodging underneath it, but was unable to.
The goblin body slammed into Grez, knocking the wind out of her. They hit the jungle floor in a heap.
Grez hit the ground back-first, unfocused eyes staring at the ceiling, with the goblin sprawled out over her midsection.
Grez groaned, trying to push the small, green creature off her body, but it seemed to have a different opinion on the matter.

With a shift of movement, the goblin straddled Grez, drool collecting at the corner of its open mouth.
Grez tried to push him off again, but he wouldn’t budge, ”You’re awfully strong for a midget,” she said, teeth clenched with effort.

A surge of strength came to her. Found within the fact that many jungle floor denizens were currently skittering their way towards her, their excessive amount of legs pumping with effort, and venom dripping from mandibles, stingers, and pincers. Grez slammed her hands into the chest of the goblin, which rolled backwards – slightly dazed.

The half-orc then jumped from leg to leg, trying to avoid the aggressive bottom-dwellers snapping away at her feet.

The goblin shook its head wildly to fight off the shock and then sprang to its feet with renewed vigour.
It dashed back towards Grez, who was barely able to side-step it.
The hasty goblin then tripped, going face-first into the spongy jungle floor.
Something connected with its face.

One should spend money where they spend time. For most people, that would be a proper bed, a good chair, and nice shoes.
After all, when you’re not using one, you’re using one of the others. An expensive affair, to be sure.
But, there’s one secret trick that the furniture makers of the [Trade District] don’t want you to know.
Simply become homeless.

You’ll save tons of money on frivolous beds and chairs.
What little money a, say, homeless orphan has can then instead be spend on solid, proper boots.
And when we mean solid, we mean the steel-toed variety.

Dearly-departed Manson’s boot connected with the goblin’s face, causing its crooked teeth to go flying.
Grez brought it down again and again. Until the goblin was a lifeless heap of flesh.
The body then exploded into a shower of sparks and glitter that was drawn into the ceiling of the dungeon and then rained down in the [Goblin warcamp] where it was drawn into the tent.
>>
>>5119827

Grez stood amidst the jungle, panting heavily and clutching a bloody boot. Hazardous insects were still about.
She could hear them move their many legs over the uneven jungle floor, skittering about.
The half-orc seemed mere moments away from complete despair, she dropped the boot.
Honestly, she wanted to run. There was no way of knowing how many rooms still remained.
But they were all certain to contain perils that could get her killed.

Determination crept into her face as she watched the sparkles disappear into the ceiling.
A confused little frog appeared where the goblin’s body had been, which shot a glance at Grez.
Fortunately, the frog’s confidence in its killing potential had recently taken a considerable blow, and so it decided to scamper off.

Unlike the frog, Grez would not run. She owed it to Manson.
Furthermore, it would set this weird precedent where people were forced to make rolls outside of dungeon mechanics that would likely end up
with a certain narrative entity being forced to explain why person A would make a “Wisdom saving throw“ now in this situation, but
person B in a similar situation wouldn’t.

Grez pressed on.

She carefully made her way through the rest of the jungle, keeping a weary eye on its many dangers.
Although things like frogs, centipedes, and their ilk followed, they did not approach.
Instead keeping a short distance between themselves and Grez, seemingly bound by unknown rules.

A large stone door awaited her at the end of chamber. She swallowed, preparing herself for what was to come.
She placed her green hands on the cool stone and pushed the door open.
The room was almost barren aside from a small campfire, a ragged-looking tent, and some small bushes.
>>
>>5119827
Ok, let's see if gob can respawn because his room wasn't the original room...
Else, we might need to investigate how to improve it.
>>
>>5119832
>Furthermore, it would set this weird precedent where people were forced to make rolls outside of dungeon mechanics that would likely end up
>with a certain narrative entity being forced to explain why person A would make a “Wisdom saving throw“ now in this situation, but
>person B in a similar situation wouldn’t.
Leadership test after losing people in a party ?
Common sense check after losing someone important ?
Check depends on leader's leadership, and is affected by number of lost members, with a bonus for types like healers, or when all members of a class are dead ?
>>
>>5119832

Grez had a brief look around the [Goblin warcamp], but there wasn’t much to look at.
She checked out the tent for a moment where she spotted the large, muscular goblin statue with abs for days.
The half-orc winced, “Weirdos,” she said, “Might be worth money though. Hmm.”
Exiting the tent, she took a deep breath, “Alright, let’s keep going.”
Not wasting anymore time, she headed for the [Core room].

------------

The Dungeon had spent the moments leading up to the half-orc’s entrance to the [Core room] screaming incoherently.
”She’s here,” shouted the Dungeon, franticly bouncing its unseen body around the room, “Instinct, save me!”
No response. “Instinct!“ the dungeon tried again.

==========

[Investigating 'Breaking'.]

Query: Save me
Context: Core room under attack

Response:
Think happy thoughts.

==========

”So, this is it,” said the half-orc woman.
Her voice sounded different so close by. So more real.
”All I need to do now is enact my will on it,” she said, then glanced left and right, making sure she was alone, “Dominate it.“
Despite all that happened. Despite the tears and bloodshed. It was still embarrassing.
Wordlessly, she flexed her right bicep for a moment, considering her options.
She shook her head and sighed. The half-orc women then flashed a playful smile.

[Hostile creature ‘Grez Wildflower' is attempting to break the dungeon]
['Dungeon core' under breaking. Switching to ‘Dungeon core’ perspective.]

The half-orc woman traced a singular index finger over the large, glass orb, which send shivers down your spine.
”You’ve been a naughty, haven’t you?” she said, blushing furiously, “I could’ve gotten hurt.“
She ran her fingertips over your orb, sparking flashes in your mind that send it reeling.

A surge of panic flooded your being as she lifted the orb off the pedestal, holding you a mere three feet off the ground.
It made you feel so helpless, so fragile. Your life was literally in the palm of her hands.
She took the orb and pressed its cool surface to her stomach, a comfortable warmth crept through her clothing, warming the surface of your core,
“Never hurt me again,“ she whispered, raising the orb, now a fraction of an inch away from her lips.
She took your silence for unspoken approval, “Good boy.“

The half-orc woman then placed the glass orb back on the pedestal, leaving you hunger for her warmth.
Though you didn’t have to want for her touch for long, she send all ten of her fingers sliding across the surface of your core.
It send red-hot spikes of pleasures into your mind.
The slender half-orc smiled, flaunting superiority, ”Serve me.”

[Hostile creature 'Grez Wildflower' used 'Charisma’ for the breaking attempt (Base 10 + Modifier = DC13)]
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>5119873

The Dungeon rolls against [Grez Wildflower]'s breaking attempt! (DC: 13 Charisma) (+0 modifier)
>>
Might be back later today, I gotta run a D&D session now.
If not, I'll post again tomorrow.
>>
Also, if you guys have any tips for making my story more interactive, that'd be great.
I'm indeed new to /qst/
>>
>>5119876
So, this is it?
We lost the quest?
For more interaction, maybe let the player roll for important things. Like what is happening right now. This skew a bit the odds in favor of player, but is a good thing. Some thing along the line of "Best of 3 rolls" allow some decent engagement
>>
>>5119876
did we just lost?
>>
>>5119912
>For more interaction, maybe let the player roll for important things. Like what is happening right now. This skew a bit the odds in favor of player, but is a good thing. Some thing along the line of "Best of 3 rolls" allow some decent engagement

Alright, I'll keep that in mind.

>>5119912
>>5120029
>We lost the quest?
>did we just lost?

Not quite, more info to follow.
>>
>>5120047
I'll update this first thing tomorrow.
>>
>>5119876

An sudden explosion of warmth rushes through your entire being.
There’s nothing you want more than serving her. To be owned by her.
To be the little orb that she crushes underneath her boot.

A smile appears on Grez’s face, she seemed to have noticed your submission.
She watches as the rolling collection of colours dancing within your core darken every so slightly.
The rainbow within becoming a bit less vibrant, a bit more subdued.

[The Dungeon has failed to save against [Grez Wildflower]'s breaking attempt!]
[The Dungeon has gained 1 point of [Corruption]]
[The Dungeon has become more corrupted!]
[The [Corruption] is influencing the Dungeon!]
[A random [Corruption] trait is being forced on the Dungeon!]

Roll 3 d100s
>>
Rolled 48 (1d100)

>>5120621
Nothing like dying on the Tutorial Mission, but with a such low odds of actually succeeding in killing people I guess we better get used to dying.
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

>>5120621
>>
Rolled 42 (1d100)

>>5120621
Well lets hope that there are some good things here for us to maybe rid ourselves of her and her influence.
>>
Guys, I may be insane, but getting raped and enslaved by an orphaned half-orc loli is not my idea of a good time.
>>
>>5120647
Could be worse. It could have been a full orc, a goblin..... A rat or worst of all... a Dragon. The last one especially we could never overthrow.

Lets just hope we can kick her out like an immune response or that breaking a dungeon can be reversed...... or she knows to little and still gets herself killed.
>>
>>5120643
>>5120629
>>5120628

Ok, so what happens now is the following:
I have a "Corruption Trait Table (100)" and I will pick the items you rolled from the list.

Rolled 48 (1d100)
Rolled 51 (1d100)
Rolled 42 (1d100)

You then pick from this list.

--------

42: Sadism

The Dungeon now relishes in the suffering of others.
You are no longer able to release people you’ve captured without first harming or branding them.

Unlocks
- Unit: Goblin Brute (1 MP)
- Room: Branding chamber (5 DP)

--------

48: Mind break

Nothing delights the Dungeon more than mentally breaking those that have dared to challenge it.
Capturing people will automatically result in a “mind break” attempt.

Unlocks
- Unit: Goblin Shaman (2 MP)
- Room: Brain pain chamber (3 DP)

--------

Gender Bender

The Dungeon has developed a taste for gender modification.
You are no longer able to release people you’ve captured without altering their sex.

Unlocks
- Unit: Changeling (3 MP)
- Room: Conversation Chamber (3 DP)

=================
> 42 - Sadism
> 48 - Mind Break
> 51 - Gender Bender

Most votes wins.
>>
File: 098249123018231023.jpg (14 KB, 312x245)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>5120717
>- Room: Conversation Chamber (3 DP)
>Conversation Chamber

Conversion Chamber
>>
>>5120717
>48 - Mind Break
>>
>>5120717
Interesting mechanics, failing isn't a complete failure and will allow us new upgrade paths and rooms. The question is then how many times can we get broken before we lose the quest.

>42 - Sadism
>Unit: Goblin Brute (1 MP)
>Room: Branding chamber (5 DP)
A one MP upgrade of the Goblin to hopefully make it less shit at dealing damage, a base 40% chance at succeeding a damage roll isn't good at all. Shaman could be an interesting path too since it could synergize with the Jungle tile.
>>
>>5120717
> 42 - Sadism

Lets stay somewhat PG for now. And the brute might help us with new and old foes.

I just hope we can break this girl back later. Perferqbly using a Heavy Club connecting with her Cranium and splattering the brain everywhere.

Or put it on a Spike.
>>
>>5120717
Really nice mechanic.
>Mind Break
This would be my main choice.
We could get the Shaman, as we wish to get intelligent Gob-congs this is the way.

Also, could we get way to lock door and put keys elsewhere? Forcing people to backtrack and go again in environmental challenging room could be good.
>>
>>5120717
>42 - Sadism
I prefer the idea of stringing would-be dungeon conquerors along as though each room/floor is a game.
>>
>>5120731
>as we wish to get intelligent Gob-congs this is the way.
you dont know that
>>
>>5120717
is
>The Dungeon now relishes in the suffering of others.
>Nothing delights the Dungeon more than mentally breaking those that have dared to challenge it.
>The Dungeon has developed a taste for gender modification.
just fluff/flavor text or the new way we approach things?
>>
>>5120731
>as we wish to get intelligent Gob-congs this is the way.
A Brute Goblin envisions what I want from a Vietcong Gobo more than a Shaman, as the former one would be focused on physical strength over magical prowess of a Shaman. If I haven't misunderstood the description we can edit monster templates or individual monster to up specific stats when (if?) we ever get some MP, so we can hopefully edit the Brutes to be clever enough to utilize the Jungle properly. Honestly a clever Brute Goblin Hunter sounds less like the Vietcong and more like the Predator when we eventually get there, which would be a nightmare for anyone invading.

>>5120762
It quite literally states the trait modifers for our dungeon underneath those passages, yes they alter our Dungeon and it's approach to prisoners.
>>
>>5120767
>It quite literally states the trait modifers for our dungeon underneath those passages,
Thats the thing, Im asking whether its
>flavor text without real impact on the quest
>actual mechanic in play
or
>a thing that WILL impact the quest and options you're given
>actual mechanic in play
because it honestly may be either one and I want to know before making the choice

>>5120717
Im split between SADISM and MINDBREAK.
The
>You are no longer able to release people you’ve captured without first harming or branding them.
seems like it may allow us to both give out a wristslap or a torture so awful they will wish to be dead instead.
Same with branding, it depends on size and location of a brand.
And lets be honest, if you get caught by a dungeon some mark or whipping is the least punishment you should expect.
Also, Brute at least sounds a bit more powerful and is cheap.

On the other hand mindbreak seems like a fair deal for that 'breaking' bussiness adventurers seem to be so fond of, and 'Brain pain chamber' makes me thing its not used for the fun type of mindbreaking. Also, maybe potential conversion of invaders into allays?
Shaman may or may not be smarter than our standard Gob and is probably going to do some magic and shit.
>>
>>5120731
>Also, could we get way to lock door and put keys elsewhere?
I'll keep this in mind. It would essentially result in an "Investigation" check.
So: Jungle (Roll Save) -> Camp -> Realize you need a key -> Check camp -> Check Jungle (Roll save again)
Hostile creatures would be able to search an area as many times as they like, but would have to roll against jungle save DC for each attempt.
You can probably tell that this would be quite powerful, so I might put some requirements before you can attain this.

>>5120762
>>5120767
First line: Narrative change
Second line: Mechanical change

"Corruption" alters the personality of the Dungeon.
It will also change the options offered.
For example: A dungeon with the "Sadism" trait is far less likely to take mercy.

========

If there's anything you'd like to know about the options provided or about phrases/words within the options:

Phrase it as a question with a > in front.
I'll take these and the Dungeon will ask these questions to "Instinct"

I'll start counting votes in about an hour from now.
>>
>>5120717
Fuck it, I vote
>42: Sadism
>>
>>5120784
The idea is also allowing us to have a non-linear dungeon. It's nicer in my opinion. Thanks for taking in consideration.
>>
Final tally:

Mind break: 2
Sadism: 4

Sadism wins.
>>
>>5120847
Are you ok QM?
>>
>>5123073
I am, yes. Couldn't find the time to update yesterday.
Updates to follow shortly.
>>
>>5123189
I think he means mentally, why hentai dungeon??
>>
>>5123211
nah, i meant still alive
>>
>>5120847

Grez releases a breath she hadn’t realised she was holding, “…It worked”
Then, feeling like she has a persona to keep-up, off-handily pats the dungeon core, “Well done.”
She glances over the slightly-dimmed colours dancing within the orb, “Hmm, still seeing a lot of colour,” she says, “At least five more times, I’d say?”
The woman sighs, planting her hands in her side, “Wish I could just do them all at once.”

The half-orc woman takes a deep breath, “Don’t go anywhere,“ she says, slightly giddy, “I’ll be back later this week."
”Not gonna gamble like this again though, I’ll find a way to prepare,” she adds.
She pinches her chin for a moment, thinking, “I didn’t wanna do this, but maybe I should ask for a loan from the Blackwood brothers,“ she says, wincing, ”Gonna need some weapons and armour for me and….”
Reality taps Grez on the shoulder, no longer content with being forgotten, “…Manson,” she whispers.

----------------------------------

Slowly, but surely, the world comes back into focus for the Dungeon.
For a while there it was like somebody ran its consciousness through a blender.
It begins to remember. The vaguely invasive feeling. The domination.
A superior being looking down upon a submissive wretch.

The Dungeon thinks back to those moments of ecstasy, trying to relive that bliss.
The memory is there, but something doesn’t feel right.
That moment of submission, it begins to feel wrong.
Disgusting, even.
After a moment of silence, the Dungeon speaks up, ”The one in power should have been ME.”

[The Dungeon has gained the [Sadism] trait.]
[A [Goblin] can now be upgraded into a [Goblin Brute].]
[A [Branding chamber] can now be constructed.]

Whatever it was that happened earlier, the Dungeon vows that it will never happen again.
The mere idea that an act of submission brought it pleasure just now is enough to churn its non-existent stomach.
”Instinct,” commands the Dungeon, “Details.”
After a little ping, indicating compliance, information appears before the Dungeon.
>>
>>5123838

=========================

[Monster Upgrade] - Mechanic
The Dungeon can share a sliver of its [Corruption] with a monster, corrupting it.
The effect gained depends on the [Corruption] shared and the level of corruption.

---------

[Goblin Brute] - Monster Upgrade (1 MP)
Created by sharing a sliver of [Sadism], a [Goblin Brute] is a savage creature that thrives on torment and suffering.
Its defining trait is its cruelty. It will pursue enemies as long as they remain within the dungeon, even if they change rooms or try to flee.

Goblin Brute
Attacks made by Goblin Brutes force a DC12 Strength saving throw against a single enemy.
This DC increases to DC14 if the Goblin Brute has already taken down a hostile creature in the current invasion.

---------

[Branding chamber] - Room (5 DP)
The walls of this torture chamber are lined with chains and shackles, where prisoners can be kept.
The centre is dominated by a large, round forge. A branding iron sits within the forge, sporting an ever-changing brand.
By using this item, the Dungeon can mark a prisoner with a randomized or known brand.
Brands are a form of [Curse Mark] and can be removed with powerful cleansing magic.
An individual can have multiple brands.

Examples
Brand of Suffering The target will take double damage from failed saving throws
Brand of Lost Light The target will go blind. Automatically failing all sight based saving throws.

The Dungeon sweeps its gaze over the new options. And their cost.
As if aware of its concern, Instinct reveals the invasion summary.

Amount of enemies beaten: 1
Amount of monster points (MP) gained: 1

Hostile creature 'Manson Nielsen' is currently held by the dungeon

“Manson Nielsen,“ the Dungeon says to itself, “How should I use this sorry little miscreant?”
The Dungeon's metaphorical eyes gleam, “I suppose I can always release my frustrations on this runt.”
Instinct helpfully begins to gather details.
>>
>>5123842

“Hey, Dungeon,“ an uncertain Grez says, quickly adjusting her persona, “I mean, servant.”

The Dungeon stares at this wench for a moment, its face twisting in disgust, “I want this bitch out of here,” it says, its voice almost a growl.
“Looking at her ugly face reminds me of….” it says, not finishing the sentence.

”I heard there are ‘friendly' dungeons out there,” says Grez, smiling playfully, “Good little boys, like you.“
”They don’t eat people, but spit them back out,” she continues, “They become a harmless training ground. Everybody loves them!”
”You want me to come play with you again, right?” says the half-orc, trying to keep herself from going red in the face, “Well, I need my friend for that.”

On the one hand, the Dungeon would like nothing more than to reveal the unconscious form
of Manson, carefully lift him from the earth that keeps him, and see that moment of relief on
the half-orc’s face. Only to then tear him apart right before her very eyes.

On the other hand, releasing Manson would mean you might be able to defeat him again, getting more monster points.
Furthermore, the little bitch is dumb, but not retarded. She’s probably not gonna come back alone, might be best for that additional person to be little Manny.

Announced by a cheerful little ping, Instinct reveals your options regarding the fate of Manson.

> 1 - Consume hostile creature 'Manson Nielsen' and gain 2 [Monster Points]
> 2 - Consume hostile creature 'Manson Nielsen' and gain 2 [Dungeon Points]
> 3 - Release hostile creature 'Manson Nielsen' (Warning: Sadism trait)
> 4 - Keep hostile creature 'Manson Nielsen' in captivity
>>
Seems like I got timed out again.
My messages aren't bumping the post.
I also already have 3 threads active, so I can't post a new one with the updates.
>>
>>5123849
I'll try to fix this in a couple of hours.
I would appreciate it if somebody could tell me why I keep getting bump blocked.
I'm new to /qst/
>>
>>5123846
Brute Goblin increasing it's base chance to beat the strength check from 40% to 60% and subsequent checks if it succeeds to 70%, great googly moogly yes please.

So, we can eat Manson for Dungeon Points, eat Manson for Monster Points, release Manson and take a (potentially) significant penalty or leave him alive and do nothing with him.

In choices 1 and 2, Graz comes back for revenge because we killed Manson. In choice 3, she'll come back with Manson to a (probably) crippled Dungeon. In choice 4, she'll come back to resuce Manson. In all choices she comes back, better equipped and probably with backup. How much is anyone's guess, but considering she wants to keep this dungeon to herself it's probably a negligible group, most likely more street urchins that were moving in the same circles as her and Manson, with rudimentary gear at best.

Two of these choices give us resources to fight back, two don't. My choice:

>1 - Consume hostile creature 'Manson Nielsen' and gain 2 [Monster Points]
Monster Points are a more rare resource than Dungeon Points, we'll get Dungeon Points just for existing while we need to beat enemies and consume them to score Monster Points. Further upgrading our Monsters is necessary if we wish to keep ourselves being broken to a minimum. We can spend one point making our Bobblin the Goblin to a Brute and then hopefully spend the other two to increase the Spawn Rate so we can have multiple Goblins on the field at once, maybe even get two Brutes in total.

>>5123865
Threads are auto-saged after 72 hours, but the board is slow enough that threads last weeks before falling off. Just keep posting updates in this thread until you hit Page 10, then archive the thread and post a new one afterwards. That's the basic procedure here, and players usually sort threads in the catalog by new posts as supposed to Bump Order that you'd do in more fast pace boards.
>>
>>5123883
Good reasoning, +1 to this.
>>
>>5123846
> 1 - Consume hostile creature 'Manson Nielsen' and gain 2 [Monster Points]

Monster points are more useful right now. With the one point we got from the invasion we could create a Brute already which would probably wreck this girl the next time she comes around even if she is armed.

while i would usually be more merciful we are fighting for survival here. Later on we can release people to make an example of them.
>>
>>5123846
IDEA!
Can we brand Manson with a curse that generates MP or DP for us passively over time?
>>
>>5124223
We don't have the branding chamber yet
>>5123883
Supporting this. We need to upgrade Bobblin, and either spawn rate or max number or anything.
>>
>>5123846
>>5123883 +1

Also as they said no need to make a thread or anything yet, it will be up a good long time
>>
>>5123883
Supporting
I would hesitate to support an option that invites even more dangerous/prepared people in here, but we don't really have a choice.
We have nothing to reliably stop anyone waltzing in here, the MP should at least give us a fighting chance.
With any luck they will take a few days, giving us some DP as well. Maybe some other weakling will find the dungeon and walk in?
>>
>>5124414
The weakling fodder walking in would be ideal.
>>
>>5123846

The slight tremble in her voice, a trickle of sweat running down the side of her neck.
Although she appears strong and confident, the half-orc woman is terrified.
Grez puts up her persona again, “Manson better be near the entrance when I get out of here,“ she barks.
Her tone then softens, “I know we got off on the wrong foot, but we can make this work.“

And then, she turns – walking towards the exit. Taking her air of self-importance with her.
It seems like she is able to return back to the entrance without any trouble, picking up Manson’s boot along the way.
Perhaps some kind of perk for having “beaten” the dungeon.
She then idles near the entrance, looking around and tapping her foot, “Well?”

The jungle floor near the entrance begins to part, there’s a nauseating little gurgle as something is brought up and ejected.
Grez looks upon the whole affair with a mixture of revulsion and pride, but then goes pale.
Eyes wide, brimming with tears, she stares at the amputated chunk of flesh.
She pulls Manson’s boot close. Still useful, but in the worst way possible.

[The invasive force has left the dungeon.]
[All monsters within the dungeon will now respawn and traps will reset.]

”Get off on the right foot then, bitch.”

[The Dungeon has reset.]

[The Dungeon has consumed hostile creature 'Manson Nielsen']
[The Dungeon has gained two (2) Monster Points (MP)]
[Total amount of Monster Points (MP): 3]
>>
>>5124423

There was some screaming. A general collection of vows of vengeance. And a lot of anger.
All-in-all it warmed the Dungeon to its very core. Well, mostly the core.
”She’ll be back,” the Dungeon remarks, “Try to ‘Break' me.”
It turned its attention back to the dungeon.
”Somebody will be broken alright,” it continues, “But it won’t be me.”

[The Dungeon has enough ‘Monster Points' to upgrade or spawn additional monsters.]

The Dungeon settles down in its core room, “Let’s see it.”

1 - Spawn an additional [Goblin] (1 MP)
2 - Corrupt an existing [Goblin] and turn it into a [Goblin Brute] (1 MP)
3 - Combination of the two (Write-in)
>>
>>5124434
Do we have a spawn limit on mobs per floor? And how does multiple Goblins affect the DC people have to make, does more monsters = higher total DC or does it force multiple rolls?
>>
>>5124438
No spawn limit per floor.
3 monster limit per room (base size room).
Multiple goblins means multiple rolls.

A goblin can only fight a single enemy at a time.

> 3 goblins
> 2 hostile creatures
> Hostile creature both make a saving throw
> If they succeed then a goblin is slain and they fight the next goblin.
> If they fail then they lose a point of health and go again if not defeated
> If they are defeated then the goblin will continue to fight the next hostile creature
>>
>>5124447
Is there some sort of bonus if multiple monsters attack the same creature at once?
Or is that not possible.
>>
>>5124434
My vote would be
>Spawn an additional Goblin
> Corrupt an existing [Goblin] and turn it into a [Goblin Brute] (1 MP)
> Corrupt an existing [Goblin] and turn it into a [Goblin Brute] (1 MP)

Send them both in the jungle. Make them fill the pockets with nasty stuff, to force a jungle check again when defeated?
>>
>>5124434
Let's say the dungeon grows again with DP... Can we switch room order?
My idea would be replacing the gob camp by a pit trap room, put the gob camp on the right of the jungle, put a key lock in the pit trap room. Adventurer would in best case go through Jungle, pit, jungle, gob camp, jungle and pit;
Worst case is Jungle, gob camp, jungle, pit.
What do you guys think?
>>
>>5124449
Not at this point in time, no.
You've got the most basic type of goblin.
>>
>>5124434
Supporting >>5124450
Lets make sure that the girl will have a hard as time as possible when she returns. Her weakeat was Strength and to be honest it should be possible to wreck her and whatever other Children (she will probably recruit more orphans) come with her
>>
>>5124447
OK, thanks for the clarification.

>>5124450
Yeah, this seems like the preferable choices. We could have 4 base gobbos with a DC Strength Check of 8 each, one Brute and two base Gobbos for one 12 check and two 8 checks, or two Brutes for two checks of 12.

The probability of 4 base gobbos winning all their checks are 2%, with a 12% chance of no gobbos succeeding their checks. Probability of at least one check being passed by the base gobbos is 87%, whereas the adventures has a 97% chance to succeed at least once. Odds not great.

With two Brutes, the chances of them succeeding at least once is 84% which turns in to a flat 70% chance for the remaining Brute to win any further checks. In contrast, any adventurer has a 36% chance to fail both checks and a only a 16% chance to succeed both checks.

>>5124452
>Can we switch room order?
We've moved rooms around before when we moved the Goblin Camp and Core Room back one tile to place the Jungle Tile, so being able to shuffle the rooms around like that is probably something we can do.
>What do you guys think?
Your suggestion is solid, but the QM hinted at that being able to lock rooms with keys might be too powerful to just hand over to us that easily, as you can force many checks by having enemies backtrack. It logically makes sense that'd we'd be able to create locks, but it would most likely trivialize the quest at this early stage due to low stat lines on enemies. Keep it in mind as we grow though, when we have multiple floors and get invaded by stronger forces it won't be nearly as game breaking to create locked doors.
>>
>>5124434
>>5124450 +1
>>
>>5124470
>>5124471
Yeah, let's not trivialize the quest.
We can also keep in mind locks can be broken with a strength check, or picked with a thieves tools check, to un-OP it. Maybe the lock and key will be a room by itself choosable in the next expansion.
>>
>>5124453
I see.
I will assume that whether invaders can pile on our monsters will depend on their threat level as well, and that some random orphans will not be able to do that. Correct me if I am wrong.

>>5124450
I'll support this.

Based on an above post, the chance of 4 goblins stopping a single invader is higher (if you ignore that they could have strength bonuses, which is very possible) but if there are multiple of them the goblins will get picked off between fighting each invader.
Brutes would have less chance of that and get stronger after winning besides. I would say this is the best choice.
>>
>>5124483
>or picked with a thieves tools check
>'This is the Lockpicking Rogue here, and what I have for you today is a brand new Dungeon Type Force-A-Check™ locking mechanism. Now, I've never been able to get one of these for my collection due to it's rare apperance, so I appreciate the Paladins in my party taking the time to escort me in to this Dungeon so I can attempt this picking. Now, I'll be using this thick Z-bar as a turning tool and this Multi-Pick™ Dimple Flag, so lets see if we can get this open."
>"Nothing on one... Little click out of two, three is binding tightly, nothing on four... Little click out of five. Aaand back to the begining, click out of one, two is binding tightly, nothing on three, four, five is binding... Aaaand we got this open."
>"Okay folks, as you could see here this lock didn't put up much of a challenge at all, and while it certianly would keep poorly equipped beginners out it definitely will not stand a chance against anyone with the correct tools and just a little bit of practice. I for one would not recommend using this to protect your Dungeon Core. In any case, that's all I have for you today. If you do have any questions or comments about this, please leave the correspondence with the Receptionist, and as always, thanks for your patronage."

No please, we're just a baby dungeon. We don't deserve to be roasted alive like this.
>>
Voting closed

Going with >>5124450
>>
>>5124532

The Dungeon watched as Grez disappeared into the cavern.
After a moment it heard the sound of exaggerated footsteps, Grez stomping her feet as she made her way up some staircase.
Clearly ticked off. Delightful.
This orphanage they spoke off must not be that far off.

With a ruffle of the tent, goblin twice-fallen crawled back into existence and stretches.
It either doesn’t remember dying or it doesn’t mind.

The Dungeon’s eyes fall upon the goblin and it begins to shake under the weight of the gaze. ”You’ve disappointed me for the last time,” sneers the Dungeon, “Come to my [Core room]. Now.”

In a fit of panic, the goblin hurries to the [Core room], where it stops for a brief moment.
It runs a hand past the corner of its mouth, wiping away the slobber.
Which would’ve been commendable, if it wasn’t for the fact that it then used this slobber to try and clean its face.

While the goblin is performing this counter-productive exercise, the Dungeon mulls over the goblin’s performance thus far.
This wretched little excuse for a minion always seems to lose. It isn’t very strong. It isn’t very bright. Mostly just pitiful, really.
Strength in numbers was the only play to make. Time to put those [Monster Points] to use.

[The Dungeon spends 1 Monster Point to spawn another Goblin]

And so, with a groan normally reserved for the eternally employed, another green-skinned bag of sadness creeps out of the tent.
It looks like your first goblin: short with haunting red eyes. But this one is little more squat with an upturned, piggy-like nose.

Goblin one finishes brushing up as it hears a noise coming from behind it.
It turns around, snarling – ready for a fight.
Though its performance is nothing to write home about, it at least has the proper spirit of things.

The goblins lock eyes and carefully shuffle towards one another, carefully looking each other over.
After a brief inspection, they give each other a nod of approval. Apparently things are looking good.
Gripping each other by the forearm, they exchange some sort of greeting. A form of snarling cackle.
They then pat each other on the back. Their greatest display of intelligence thus far.

Normally, the Dungeon wouldn’t have disapproved of this sort of behaviour.
But it seemed strangely short-tempered since the encounter with the half-orc woman.
”Making friends, are we?” asked the Dungeon, ice in its voice.

The goblins trembled.

”Get over to the [Core room] or I’ll force you to kill each other over and over.” snapped the Dungeon, “Let’s see if your friendship endures that.”
The goblins rushed towards the door where goblin one stopped the piggy goblin.
Goblin one wiped some slobber from the corner of its mouth and cleaned up the new arrival.
The door to the [Core room] opened.

Hunched and eyes at their feet, the goblins inched their way through the room, standing mere feet away from the core.
>>
>>5124568

”Rejoice,” boomed the Dungeon, “For you have both been chosen. A promotion.”

Piggy goblin’s eyes shone with delight.
Goblin one seemed equally excited, but a little put off by the fact that the new hire got the same promotion he was getting.

The torrent of colours within the core began to churn once more. A dark, smoky tendril rose from its surface.
It danced around the goblin for a moment, like a snake wrapping itself around its prey.
Closing in around the goblins, which couldn’t help but begin breathing in the smoke.

They began to scream. A wail at first, that then turned into a blood-curdling screech.
With a snap-crackle-pop, their sizes grew. Their nails extending to sharp claws.
A snarl revealed their teeth turning into razor-sharp daggers, easily able to tear flesh from bone.

[The Dungeon spends 1 Monster Point to corrupt a monster.]
[A sliver of [Corruption] has taken hold in [Goblin], transforming it into a [Goblin Brute].]

[The Dungeon spends 1 Monster Point to corrupt a monster.]
[A sliver of [Corruption] has taken hold in [Goblin], transforming it into a [Goblin Brute].]

[Total amount of Monster Points (MP): 0]

The newly turned creatures glanced over their new forms for a moment, then at one another.
Screeching, they immediately began fighting one another.
Devilish grins appeared on their faces whenever they found themselves able to bleed the other.

”Thats enough!” roared the Dungeon.
The fighting stopped. The Dungeon’s orders absolute.
”Your station is in the [Jungle Room],” commanded the Dungeon, “Get out of my sight.”

They went.
Pushing and shoving each other as soon as they thought themselves out of line of sight of the core.
But going towards the [Jungle Room] nevertheless.

A cold shiver coursed through the Dungeon’s mind as it imagined the unexpecting Grez walking into its new bouncers.
”Ah,” whispered the Dungeon under its breath, “I can’t wait to hear what kind screams you’ll make.”
>>
>>5124572
How giddy to have newly improved slaves. But any creature deserving of a promotion, even one as lowly as a goblin, deserves a name. Symbolic of the source of energies used to enhance their abilities, why not name them Manson and Nielsen respectively?

A permanent spit in the face to the dead.
>>
File: ArchitectMode_Expoert_v2.jpg (384 KB, 1000x1455)
384 KB
384 KB JPG
>>5124572

Reality, however, turned out to be… Well, let’s say: An anti-climax. Three days went by.

[Total amount of 'Dungeon Points': 3]
[You have enough 'Dungeon Points' to build a room]
[Basic dungeon rooms cost '3' 'Dungeon Points']

> 1 - Buy a new room
> 2 - Expand an existing room
> 3 - Move rooms
> 4 - Write in
>>
>>5124581
>what does expanding a room do again? Increase the DC?
>>
>>5124581
The other room options we have at this point - Pit and Marshlands, are not so exciting in terms of utility that I think we need them right away. Unless we've gained new options like something that would generate us Monster Points over time or let us do room research, I think we should hold off on new rooms. Since there's no need to move rooms (we only JUST rearranged to have the goblin camp in the rear) with such a simple layout at this point, that leaves only expanding a room as a logical option.

Could you explain the benefits of expanding our goblin warcamp compared to expanding our jungle? Does it merely affect size (e.g.: number of monsters we can store there) or does it enhance the DC on the jungle trap for example, or a better camp make goblins cheaper/stronger/new types available?
>>
>>5124581
>Expand an existing room - Jungle Trap, Tile 2

We should expand our Jungle Trap to increase the chance of it actually killing people, with just a measly 25% base chance of killing an intruder is laughably low (I say as it's the only thing that managed to kill anything thus far). My suggestion is that we add tiles to the Jungle room until it hits the point where it evolves and then swap to another type of trap room afterwards. My guess is the magic number is three, but traps could have multiple levels of evolution.

Quoting the relevant information from earlier in the thread.
>Rather than forcing multiple “Saving throws“, a larger room has a higher “Difficulty check (DC)“.
>Example: A [Pond room] might evolve into a [Lake room] if it grows large enough.
>>
>>5124581
>Expand the Jungle room to tile 2
>Move the Goblin Camp to tile 4 and the Core to tile 6. Just to make a more interesting Shape even if it does nothing more than that
>>
>>5124581
>> 2 - Expand an existing room
> Jungle Trap
I think its a good idea to keep our adversaries in mind when expanding, and looking at Grez's stats, her weak points were strength and constitution. This leaves us with the Marsh room or Jungle.
Getting a higher DC would probably help more then getting another low one, so I'm going with expansion.

Though >>5124586 raised a good question, what would we get for expanding the goblin room?
>>
>>5124605
We will get more spawn max >>5124447
... and maybe that thing will expand when we get several of them. I could imagine upgrade from Goblin camp to Goblin Fort and the Fortress etc.
>>
Still thinking a pit trap would be better than extension of either room. This would check an other ability.
QM, do we unlocked more rooms?
Else, if we upgrade the jungle I would just expand it to the 1 slot.
>>
>>5124586
>Could you explain the benefits of expanding our goblin warcamp compared to expanding our jungle?

>Increase in max amount of monsters on the tile / room.

Upgrading the size of a "Spawn" room will upgrade it to a higher tier.
Higher tiers grant access to stronger, more expensive units.
For example: Additional types of goblinoid.

>>5124613
Basically has the correct idea.

Keep in mind that without meeting any special requirements, these would be "basic" higher tiers.
This doesn't mean that they're bad and in some cases you need to upgrade to a higher tier before you can make use of the special condition.

For example:
Only a [Giant Slime] (obtained after going from a [Slime Pool] to a [Slime Pond]) can meet the special condition to turn into a [Predator Slime].
Where a [Predator Slime] is essentially a "Gelatinous Cube" for those that are familiar with D&D.

This is likely also one of the last "systems" I'm introducing for the time being.
Don't want the quest to become unnecessarily complex.
>>
>>5124597
+1
>>
+1 more for expanding jungle trap, we just upgraded our goblins, we might want to add more before we keep stacking on the first two
>>
I wonder if we could add some sort of "honey pot" side room to the Jungle that would tempt greedy adventurers with some kind of loot to get them to go through the Jungle multiple times.
>>
Looks like almost everybody wants to upgrade the jungle... Now we have to agree about where.
Voting for 1
>>5124674
This is why I wanted to set up locks and key.
>>
>>5124674
Actually, I have an idea for this. If we can't get a "treasure room" or something, we can put the Brand room next to the jungle, so if people want to rescue prisoners, they have to take an extra trip through the jungle.
>>
>>5124605
Supporting this
>>
>>5124605
+1
>>
It seems like expanding the [Jungle Room] is the preferred option.

As >>5124676 mentioned. I need to know which tile.
Any other changes to the general layout of the dungeon like >>5124600 suggested?
>>
>>5124761
As long as an invader needs to go through the entirety of all rooms to reach the core, it will do.

I will suggest moving the core room and goblin camp to tile 5 & 3 respectively, and grow the jungle trap into where the goblin camp is currently.
Because I think that would look nice.
>>
I fear the noise of roonshuffle is going to make someone notice our presence, thats what happened previous time.
>>
>>5124769
Wouldn't growing the room make noise anyway?
If not, then I guess we can expand towards 1 or 2, I will assume the DC would not go down from invaders beelining it to the goblin camp.
>>
>>5124769
The creation of new rooms also creates noise so shuffling them about should not be too bad on top of that. And we will have to shuffle anyway if we later want to make our core more sexure
>>
>>5124761
>>5124600's suggestion is fine
>>
>>5124917
We'll go with that then.

I'll post an update tomorrow.
>>
>>5125080
Nice. See you tomorrow QM :)
>>
>>5125085
It's tomorow and no QM :(
>>
>>5126219
I still believe
>>
Fuck me, that was some day.

It's 11PM here so I'm still on time to give an update.
>>
>>5126420
You can do it QM.
>>
Once again, the familiar blue spark appear.
The hardest worker in the entire dungeon. And it was going to work even harder.

”There’s gonna be some… redecorating,” said the Dungeon, “I’m not fond of the current layout.”

The blue spark bobbed around angrily. A feeling shared and understood by anyone who has ever done any creative work.

”I am fully aware that is was me that came up with the current layout,” explained the Dungeon, not liking the fact that it was being questioned, “But now that I see it. I’m not liking it.”

A tiny, high-pitched buzz sounded from the spark, not entirely unlike a sigh.
It brought out a tiny notepad and a pencil.

”Any rat could stare right into my [Core room] if a goblin was dumb enough to leave the doors open,” hazarded the Dungeon.
”And they are.” it added quickly. ”

The [Core room] and [Goblin War-camp] need to be moved about fifteen feet to the right,” it began, “And the [Jungle room] should stay where it is, but expand fifteen feet towards the right so it lines up with the moved chambers.”

”Oh. And about the [Jungle room].”

The little blue spark looked up questioningly.

”Can you make it POP more?”

Small bits of lightning crackled over the blue spark’s surface.

Nevertheless, it went to work. Completing its client’s request to the best of its ability.
It cut out and vaporized massive chunks of rock and, with a mighty grinding noise, moved the core and jungle room into place.
Only to recreate the rocks in the previous location of these rooms.

The blue spark swirled around in the [Jungle room] for a moment, to relax.
But a [Goblin brute] thought it was some kind of mosquito and began swatting at it whilst snarling.

Blue spark’s break time rudely interrupted, it continued the project.
It cleared rocks, brought forth sand, created plants, spawned lethal bugs, and released some butterflies.
In no time at all, the [Jungle room] was doubled in size.

Finally, it disappeared with a puff of glitter and went back to its home dimension.
Probably to visit a therapist.

[Jungle room has been expanded.]
[The constitution saving throw DC of Jungle room has been increased to 8.]
[Monster [Goblin Brute] was present in the [Jungle room] during expansion.]
[Monster [Goblin Brute] was present in the [Jungle room] during expansion.]

Roll 2 d100s
>>
Rolled 77, 27 = 104 (2d100)

>>5126470
>>
>>5126473
Going with this since I wanna push out another update.
>>
>>5126470
QM delivered. QM is an amazing QM. Now, it's midnight at my place too, and I have to sleep before waging.
>>
>>5126475
And now i'm tantalized not to sleep before next update.
>>
Rolled 11, 71 = 82 (2d100)

>>5126470
Should multiple people roll? I'll roll anyway
>>
>>5126495
Hey, if QM feels generous, we might even score 77,71 on our roll :)
>>
Rolled 73, 70 = 143 (2d100)

>>5126470
>>
File: GoblinBlightBringer.jpg (114 KB, 808x988)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
It almost seemed like the contents of the [Jungle room] lurched upon completion, causing all plants to rock back and forth.
Dozens of spores, powders, and (by the grace of a very confused frog) poisons took flight.
The goblins watched the display with wide-eyed amazement, but began coughing and wheezing shortly after.
These sorry little green devils scratched at their throats, screaming in pain.

The Dungeon watched on in morbid fascination, delighting in their suffering, but at the same time puzzled by the
fact that the goblins had been unaffected by the [Jungle room]'s toxins until now.

One of them went quiet and his eyes rolled over into its skull, falling backwards, and exploding into sparks and glitter.
The magic essence disappearing into the ceiling, swishing away towards the tent in the [Goblin War-camp].

The other one wasn’t so lucky. Its vile green face began turning red as it continued screaming.
Veins on the arms and legs began to bulge, pressed tightly against the skin.
Its complexion changed, dark-green spots appeared on the creature’s skin.
The blood-red eyes clouded over momentarily, turning into a murky green.
Sharp claws coated in some kind of dense, acid-green liquid.

[Monster [Goblin Brute] has mutated into [Goblin Blight Bringer].]

==========================

Goblin Blight Bringer
Attacks made by Goblin Blight Bringers force a DC12 Strength saving throw against a single enemy.
A hostile creatures that fails the saving throw against the Goblin Blight Bringer is considered [Poisoned].

Jungle Toxin [i[(Origin: Jungle Room)[/i]
DC: 8 (Constitution)
Rooms: 2
Damage: 1

Poisoned [i[Condition[/i]
A creature that is poisoned needs to make a DC X constitution saving throw every room, for Y amount of rooms, after which the poison wears off.
Upon failure, the creature takes Z amount of damage.
The amount of rooms, the DC, and the amount of damage depend on the severity of the poison.

I had some more planned, but considering the time I'll have to postpone that until tomorrow.
>>
>>5126578
>Jungle Toxin [i[(Origin: Jungle Room)[/i]
>Poisoned [i[Condition[/i]

That 1 AM formatting
>>
>>5126578
Nice!
Now, let's say we expand the goblin camp into fortress... Maybe gobs inside will be positively affected like what just happened?
>>
>>5127420
we will be able to purchase more advanced options for the Goblins from the fortress as stated by OP here >>5124667

However we might very well be able to transform those higher Level creatures with more extreme enviorments
>>
>>5127424
Yes, but having the gobs in the room while it's expanding might evolve them too.
>>
>>5127427
interesting thought. worth keeping in mind.

i kinda doubt the Blight Bringer would get an upgrade from that but the brute might do.
>>
>>5127479
Or even basic gobbos.
We can then brutalize them.
>>
>>5127514
we should see what kind of Goblins we could recruit once we upgrade the camp. I can imagine Hobgoblins or Bugbears. Smarter and stronger in every way than normal goblins would make a fitting upgrade.
>>
Won't be able to do an update today, I'm sorry.
>>
>>5128185
It's ok. Eager to see it tomorrow, or the day after then
>>
>>5128185
I agree with other anon, hope to have you back soon.
>>
>>5126578
Excellent, the Trap room now has a base 40% chance to kill as opposed to a measly 25%. Overall, a solid investment. The Blight Bringer is an interesting evolution path, if we can upgrade the severity of the poison inflicted it could be a powerhouse of damage as a single point of damage could spell a slow death for any invader.

So depending on if we get attacked or not during the next update our upgrade priority changes.

If we don't get attacked and manage to accumulate another 3 Dungeon Points, I suggest we upgrade the Jungle Room again. I suspect this will evolve the Chamber to it's Level 2 Evolution status, but at the very least it will increase the DC further making it a directly useful upgrade, unlike the Goblin Camp who'll most likely only give us more recruitment options that we can't make us of due to having 0 Monster Points. In the future we should keep the Blight Bringer in the Jungle as we expand it as it could evolve it further, but shuffle out the Brute out so it can be evolved into something different in the future.

If we do get attacked, and we manage to beat a few or all of the invaders, priority shifts to expanding the Goblin Camp before we spend any earned Monster Points. Higher Tier Camp = Higher Tier Gobbos, and with Monster Points to spend becomes the priority upgrade as we can flesh out our minions with some mid tier gobbos.
>>
>>5128630
I'm not sure to agree with you.
I'd like to have gobbs in the gobblin camp when we expand it. Maybe it will unlock new units this way.
>>
The Dungeon glanced over the new variant, “It seems messed up.”
The Blight Bringer was twitchy, constantly eyeing its surroundings, it also ate anything that seemed remotely edible. Including plants, bugs, and frogs.
A combination of its diet clung to the creature’s claws and teeth, coating them in a rancid, green substance.

“Dying by poison must be quite painful,“ the Dungeon pondered, enjoying the thought.
”I wonder what the day will bring…” continued the dungeon, eager to unleash this creature on the next intruder.

Roll a d20 (Random encounter)
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>5128969
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>5128969
Oh boy, my favorite thread is updated
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>5128969
>>
>>5128972
>>5128974
>>5128977
Is big number good or bad?
>>
>>5128981

It's a random encounter table, so there's no real good or bad.
I didn't think this many people would roll this soon, which complicates things a bit.
But that's my bad, so I'll allow you all to to take a pick from the rolled table entries this time around.

Rolled 14 (1d20)
A set of three [Giant rats] pop up

Rolled 2 (1d20)
A frantic chase leads a set of people toward the dungeon

Rolled 18 (1d20)
A strange old man appears, flashing you a friendly smile

I shuffle around the entries in the table after a roll, so no need to remember the rolls.
You also won't be rolling on the low level table for very long.

> 1 - A set of three [Giant rats] pop up
> 2 - A frantic chase leads a set of people toward the dungeon
> 3 - A strange old man appears, flashing you a friendly smile
>>
>>5128984
I'm weary of people, especially multiple of them. Could lead to us attracting more attention, which we should avoid this early.
The old man seems like something of a mystery box, I would rather have something concrete.
3 rats is probably at least 3 guaranteed MP, and not too much risk. And even if we fail, they might fuck off like last time.
>>
>>5128984

Lets see if can murder them. They should still count as hostiles and will hopefully give Monster Points so we can expand.

People at this point will only be trouble

And old people.... well he might be a Demon or something like a god. Seriously old people are way to dangerous especially if they do not seem scared. They are either way more powerful or insane. Both are not good options for our Goblins
>>
Closing vote in 15 min
>>
>>5128984
>A set of three [Giant rats] pop up
Lets continue our traditions and lose to rats again.

Though the Chase makes me a little interested, it would mean a lot of monster and dungeon points if we could succeed in killing them all.
>>
>>5128984
>> 1 - A set of three [Giant rats] pop up
>Let's A-go
>>
File: RatAttack_PartTwo.jpg (397 KB, 1000x1300)
397 KB
397 KB JPG
>>5128984

The foul goblin’s ears perked up, its tongue rolled over its teeth – dangling.
There was movement near the entrance.
Sniffing and sneaking, three [Giant Rats] approached the dungeon.

Name: Giant Rat
Type: Beast (Rat)
Strength: -3
Dexterity: +5
Constitution: +2
Wisdom: -2
Intelligence: -5
Charisma: -2

“Ah,“ the Dungeon said, a wicked smile creeping onto its metaphorical face, “Visitors.“

[Three hostile creatures have entered the dungeon]
>>
As an experiment and in effort to make things more interactive, the players can roll the saving throws for the creatures.

One per player, I need 3 constitution saving throw DC8

d20 + 2 (Con modifier)
>>
Rolled 3 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>5129009
>>
Rolled 5 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>5129009
>>
Rolled 18 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>5129006
>>
The jungle is keeping up its habit of out-performing the goblins, I see.
>>
>>5129011
>>5129018
>>5129020
Jungle ate 2 rats. Well play fellow dungeon sentience threads.
>>
>>5129028
>>5129027
>>5129020
>>5129011

I am sure this Rat will absolutely wreck our Goblins now. It has adapted and will kill us all!
>>
That upgrade to the Jungle Room coming in real clutch now, we would've failed to kill those rats without it.
>>
>>5129032
I wouldn't even be mad. That would be hilarious.
>>
>>5129034
If that's the case,
>Expand the MP to recruit the Giant Rat as its well-earned position of Goblin team leader
>>
File: Skaven.jpg (74 KB, 900x586)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>5129034
>>5129037
Can we just hybridize the Rats with our goblins?

Then throw in some Ninja Training and we would have Skaven
>>
>>5129039
>Small race coalition! F*ck yeah!
>here to take you down from the height of your prejudice yeah!
>Surrender is the only way yeah
>Orphans, your game is through, 'cause now you have to answer to...
>So lick my frog and suck on thoose shrooms
>Whaccha gonna do when we come from you now?
>It's the dream that we all share. It's the hope for tomorrow. Fuck Yeah.
>Goblins! F*ck yeah! Skavens! F*ck yeah!
>Kobolds! F*ck yeah! Gremlins! F*ck yeah!
>Grungs! F*ck yeah! Slugmen! >F*ck yeah!
>*Epic guitar line*
>>
File: RatAttack_PartTwo_RoomOne.jpg (390 KB, 1000x1300)
390 KB
390 KB JPG
Ratticus the rat had to admit that it was feeling uncertain, though it tried not to show it.
Barely a few days ago, as far as rats had a concept of time, it had been in this very same chamber, but it had been different.
For one, there had not been a jungle. Rather, there had been a single small creature that it had easily overpowered.
Ratticus had spent the last few days hyping up his friends to check out this new room and maybe start a nest here.
He had even brought this female rat he fancied, the one that squeaked with a lisp on account of a chipped tooth.
Adorable.

He felt like squeaking a word of warning, but he knew he couldn’t do it when he saw the sparkles in the female rat’s eyes.
She seemed so beautiful, so content. Lost in wonder.
Walking around in this colourful paradise, scratching at the ground, and sniffing flowers.
Ratticus then watched as his prospective partner grew purple in the face and promptly fell over.

[Hostile creature 'Giant Rat' takes one (1) point of damage from [Jungle trap]]
[The health of hostile creature 'Giant Rat' has reached zero (0).]
[Hostile creature 'Giant Rat' has gone unconscious.]
[Hostile creature 'Giant Rat' has been defeated.]
[The dungeon will now absorb hostile creature 'Giant Rat']

A soul-wrenching squeak echoed through the cavern.
Startled, the other rat that had accompanied Ratticus looked over – a blunder.
In what was barely a second, a large centipede dashed in and wrapped itself around the distracted rat.
There was a great amount of noise as they struggled.

Ratticus ran deeper into the chamber as he tried to save his friend, dodging underneath plants and jumping over creatures.

[Hostile creature ‘Giant Rat (Ratticus)' rolled 18 + 2 (1d20 + 2) against the [Jungle Trap]’s DC8 save]

But he was too late, the trashing halted when the centipede injected the creature with a powerful venom, causing the rat to go limp.

[Hostile creature 'Giant Rat' takes one (1) point of damage from [Jungle trap]]
[The health of hostile creature 'Giant Rat' has reached zero (0).]
[Hostile creature 'Giant Rat' has gone unconscious.]
[Hostile creature 'Giant Rat' has been defeated.]
[The dungeon will now absorb hostile creature 'Giant Rat']

The centipede released its grasp on the rat, content to let the dungeon absorb it.
A wave of killing intent swept over the centipede, causing it so shiver.
Its gaze looked towards the origin and it saw a [Giant Rat] approaching. Menacingly.
Skittering across the jungle floor, the centipede disappeared into a set of bushes.

The beady little eyes of Ratticus narrowed, adamant to give chase.
But a shadow loomed over our vengeful warrior, a goblin.
The rat squeaked in a way that mimicked a chuckle, looking towards the goblin with a signature look of superiority.
More footsteps, these coming from behind.
Ratticus knew itself to be surrounded and was no longer laughing.

---

One per player, I need 2 strength saving throw DC12

D20 - 3 (Strength)
>>
Rolled 5 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>5129069
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>5129069
>>
>>5129071
>>5129073
RIP Ratticus.
>>
>>5129069
i really like the little touch with the rat seemingly nervous.

and good Characterization for our good boy Ratticus.

Maybe we can break him to become part of our team!
>>
Well, the goblin is gonna have his revenge, I suppose.
RIP Ratticus, Near Slayer of Dungeons
>>
>>5129076
Support. Let's break him and transform him into dungeon boss dexterity save throw.
>>
>>5129080
we can attempt that if he survives the Goblins revenge.... i have a feeling they will rip him limb from limb. especially the one he killed some time Ago. damn we really need to name these guys i cant keep track if the new one or the first guy got transformed.
>>
I don't like the idea of recruiting Ratticus if it is possible. I doubt he would be very loyal to us after we killed his friend and prospective partner.
>>
>>5129082
In my headcanon, Boblin, the original one, got 2 promotions while <Unnammed> had only one. Maybe something to do with pocket frogs.
>>
>>5129083
we can of course throw him out again after branding him so that maybe he will return to try and take vengance until we can create equipment to Mind Break him into loving us.
>>
>>5129087
I want to do that.
Brand of feral pack revenge to keep him coming again and again with a pack for some of that free MP.
>>
Sadly, Ratticus never stood a chance.
Launching himself at one goblin would cause the other to easily tear open his back.
Although the rat was clearly faster, the difference was evened out by the fact that there were two of them.
He tried running, but somehow there was always a goblin waiting. Cackling.
Anger coursed through Ratticus’s body – it was being toyed with.

If death was all but certain, he would go down fighting.
He clamped his fangs down on a goblin’s leg, causing it to shriek.

Balling up its hand into a fist, the goblin slammed down on Ratticus’s back.
The impact knocked the wind out of him, it caused him to gasp out in pain, loosening his bite on the leg.

The goblin then used that same leg to kick Ratticus away, causing him to roll across the ground.
Knowing the follow-up was coming, the rat pulled itself together, recovered, and jumped away.
Trying to put some distance between himself and his enemies.

Coming in low,a set of poisonous claws raked themselves over Ratticus’s soft belly, causing him to squeak out in pain.
He hit the ground hard, bouncing slightly.
Dazed, it pried open a single eye.

In the distance, the female rat’s body was being sucked into the dungeon floor. Consumed by it.
Same went for his rat friend, slightly twitching as the venom destroyed his body, he watched it being drawn into the earth.
He felt the jungle floor underneath him part, getting ready to devour him.
Filled with regret, Ratticus’s vision went dark.

[Hostile creature 'Giant Rat (Ratticus)' takes one (1) point of damage from [Goblin Blight Bringer].]
[The health of hostile creature 'Giant Rat (Ratticus)' has reached zero (0).]
[Hostile creature 'Giant Rat (Ratticus)' has gone unconscious.]
[Hostile creature 'Giant Rat (Ratticus)' has been defeated.]
[The dungeon will now absorb hostile creature 'Giant Rat (Ratticus)']

===================

Invasion summary: Victory

All hostile creatures in the dungeon have been bested.

Amount of enemies beaten: 3
Amount of dungeon points (DP) gained: 3*
Amount of monster points (MP) gained: 3

Hostile creature 'Giant Rat' is currently held by the dungeon
Hostile creature 'Giant Rat' is currently held by the dungeon
Hostile creature 'Giant Rat (Ratticus)' is currently held by the dungeon

*Average level of enemy group times 3

===================

[The invasive force has been defeated.]
[All monsters within the dungeon will now respawn and traps will reset.]
>>
>>5129126

Decide the fate of Ratticus and his companions

Giant Rat #1

1 - Consume hostile creature 'Giant Rat' and gain 2 [Monster Points]
2 - Consume hostile creature 'Giant Rat' and gain 2 [Dungeon Points]
3 - Release hostile creature 'Giant Rat' (Triggers [Sadism] trait)
4 - Keep hostile creature 'Giant Rat' in captivity
5 - Other (Write-in)

Giant Rat #2

1 - Consume hostile creature 'Giant Rat' and gain 2 [Monster Points]
2 - Consume hostile creature 'Giant Rat' and gain 2 [Dungeon Points]
3 - Release hostile creature 'Giant Rat' (Triggers [Sadism] trait)
4 - Keep hostile creature 'Giant Rat' in captivity
5 - Other (Write-in)

Giant Rat #3 (Ratticus)

1 - Consume hostile creature 'Giant Rat (Ratticus)' and gain 2 [Monster Points]
2 - Consume hostile creature 'Giant Rat (Ratticus)' and gain 2 [Dungeon Points]
3 - Release hostile creature 'Giant Rat (Ratticus)' (Triggers [Sadism] trait)
4 - Keep hostile creature 'Giant Rat (Ratticus)' in captivity
5 - Other (Write-in)

[New room options acquired.]
>>
>>5129126
WHOOOOOO! Well to bad for Ratticus... How much was it for the Branding Room 5 Points? And we can get two points for consuming one creature was it?

>>5129130
>keep his prospective Mate in captivity for now. There is a plan for her.
>Consume Ratticus Friend to gain 2 [Monster Points]
>Release Ratticus himself and hurt him for the way out. Also taunt him that we still have his possible mate

Then we can build up the Goblin Camp i would say and keep the two Goblins there to see if something happens otherwise we check out the new Spawn Options we get.
>>
>>5129130
>2 - Consume hostile creature 'Giant Rat' and gain 2 [Dungeon Points]
>2 - Consume hostile creature 'Giant Rat' and gain 2 [Dungeon Points]
>4 - Keep hostile creature 'Giant Rat (Ratticus)' in captivity
Perhaps we can brand Ratticus later. I'm also fine with consuming him for points, but rats seem like weak creatures anyways, perhaps we can farm a bunch of them trying to come again for revenge. Either way, we already have decent MP now, so our limiting factor now is that we need more rooms, especially tantalizing now that we have new room options.
>>
>>5129130
Btw QM, is there a way for us to remove the corruption we are afflicted with, or are we stuck with it?
>>
>>5129130
>DP: 3
>MP: 3

With three rats in Limbo, we have 6 potential extra points to spend on upgrading the Dungeon or spawning more minions. While the idea of branding Raticus sounds novel, it would be an expensive venture right now and would lock us out of upgrading the Goblin Camp this turn as we'd need to consume one Rat for 2 Dungeon Points to build the Branding Chamber.

Overall I feel this is the optimal choice:
>Consume all hostile Creatures for 6 [Monster Points]

With the 3 Dungeon Points, we can upgrade the Goblin Camp and hopefully start spawning a more diverse cast of minions. We have a total of 5 rooms if we expand the Goblin Camp (four if you discount the Core Room) allowing for a total of 15 (12) minions we can have on the field at once. We need to start making use of the increased minion capacity to make the Core safer.

>>5129131
>Release Ratticus himself and hurt him for the way out.
No. Releasing prisoners without torturing them incurs an unknown penalty on us, it should be avoided at all cost.
>>
>>5129141
well that is why i wanted to hurt him on the way out let the goblins have some fun in lieu off us having a torture Chamber.

>>5129130
Changing my vote from >>5129131
to support >>5129133
this is okay as well. Allows us to upgrade the Goblin Camp and probably the Jungle. Make it really deadly. it seems to be probably the best weapon we have right now. Granted we did not see what exactly the Goblins could do but the Jungle still is our first line of defense.

And we can still get an advanced monster.
>>
>>5129130
Consume them all so we can both upgrade the goblin camp and get the branding room
>>
>>5129130

[The Dungeon has survived 3 invasions.]
[New room options have been added.]

[Boss room (Basic)] - Type: Enchantment (5 DP)
Prerequisite: Must be placed directly beside a [Core room] or [Floor entrance], one (1) monster

The final bastion of defence. The [Boss Room] houses a singular creature, that it empowers.
Filled with ambient enchantment magic, a monster that is assigned to this chamber will swell in size and increase in power.

Curse Mark of Superiority - Enchantment
- Creature’s health increases by 2
- Creature’s saving throw DC increases by 2
- Creature will undergo a random mutation, increasing in tier

Only one creature can receive this enchantment at a time.

====

[Floor] - Type: Infrastructure (15 DP)

A new floor will be created directly underneath the current one.
Two additional rooms will spawn, one on each floor, both featuring a staircase.
Monsters cannot be assigned to this chamber.

Information
- Only one type of creature can exist per floor

====

Existing floor options

[Marshland] - Type: Trap (3 DP)
This chamber is filled with unsteady ground that will eagerly suck at your feet, but in a non-fetish kind of way.
Adventurers will find themselves rooted in place and, as they struggle, drawn into its murky depths

DC: 5 Strength saving throw for every entity that enters the room

[Pit room] - Type: Trap (3 DP)
This chamber is dotted with pit traps, causing a 10 foot drop.
No spikes at the bottom of these, however. Those cost extra.

DC: 5 Wisdom saving throw for every entity that enters the room

[Jungle room] - Type: Trap (3 DP)
This chamber is filled with an extremely out of place, exotic jungle filled with poisonous plants and bugs.

DC: 5 Constitution saving throw for every entity that enters the room

[Branding chamber] - Room (5 DP)
The walls of this torture chamber are lined with chains and shackles, where prisoners can be kept.
The centre is dominated by a large, round forge. A branding iron sits within the forge, sporting an ever-changing brand.
By using this item, the Dungeon can mark a prisoner with a randomized or known brand.
Brands are a form of [Curse Mark] and can be removed with powerful cleansing magic.
An individual can have multiple brands.

Examples
Brand of Suffering The target will take double damage from failed saving throws
Brand of Lost Light The target will go blind. Automatically failing all sight based saving throws.
>>
>>5129180
Forgot bolding on boss room and floor room

Let me know if revealing these two new rooms changes anything about the choices made above.
If not, I'll go with the answers given thus far in about an hour or so.
>>
>>5129182
we can still make another Room for the Goblins?

And how many Points do we have now. It was not stated though i believe right now we should have 3 Monster and 7 Dungeon Points

(i still want to expand the jungle or the Goblin Room. However since we can just wait a day to get one more Dungeon Point we could then create a Boss room)
>>
>>5129182
also if it could be done it would be nice to have like a document or something where all the options we have unlocked so far are written down.

Maybe something like a Document on a cloud or something people could look at
>>
>>5129187
Honestly I think the Boss room takes priority. The buff is huge, I think it's worth getting as soon as possible.

>>5129182
my vote remains the same
>>
>>5129202
>Honestly I think the Boss room takes priority
Agreed. Consuming two rats will put us at 7 DP, if we then wait one day we have enough to build the Boss Room and Expand the Goblin Camp. We can then compare the Brute and the Blight Bringer to the T2 minions we can spawn from the camp and decide which one would benefit the most from being slotted in the Boss Room.
>>
>>5129180
>Create another Goblin Campt o the right of the current Goblin Camp to see if it evolves.
>Tomorrow we can upgrade the Boss Room. We don't need to put the Boss Enchantment on a creature right away from what it reads
>Keep the Goblin Brute in the Goblin Camp to see if it gains something from being there when the room shifts.
>>
>>5129208
>>5129180
>Right now we have 3 MP and 3 DP.
I would go with.
>Create 2 gobs.
>Put the brute and the 2 gobs in the camp
>Expand the camp.
With some luck, we'll get mutations.
Then, absorb the random rat and the female for DP, and tomorrow we'll have enough for putting a boss room. We will enboss the most powered gob, although I think it's best to keep the gob-cong in jungle to get most of the poison efficiency.
>>
>>5129218
Supporting this, if our brute can mutate again, then tomorrow we can throw him in the boss room and make him even stronger
>>
>>5129218
Preferably we wouldn't spend any MP on shitty gobbos. We had both Brutes in the Jungle but only one evolved, worse case scenario we blow 2 MP on goblins who won't evolve at all and who will be underwhelming when it comes to their ability to defend the Dungeon. Better to put the Brute in the Camp, expand it and then afterwards decide how to spend our MP.
>>
>>5129218
look Base Gobbos are SHITE. While Mutation is an interesting idea. I would rather take the more stable Variant of the Guaranteed better units from the upgraded camp for a higher price than being stuck with Goblins that might just die without gaining anything and will require further MP to become useful.
>>
>>5129247
>>5129244
Maybe we can compromise and spend only 1 MP on randogobo? I feel "better" units will be more expensive, so let's use that as a mechanics experimentation thing.
>>
>>5129253
i could compromise on that. better than just spending all our points without knowing what is behind the next door we are about to open up.

>>5129180
Ammending my vote from >>5129213
to
>Create 1 Goblin from the Camp
>Put the brute and leave the gob in the camp
>Expand the camp. and see what happens if anything.
>>
We're not even voting on buying monsters or rooms yet guys, the vote is still for what to do with the captured rats. The room descriptions were information for how we might want to adjust our votes since we just unlocked them.
>>
>>5129260
And if worst happened, remember that all dungeons starts with the room featuring a single gob.
>>5129262
Now, the question is... Does keeping in captivity grant option to absorb later?
>Consume RatMcRandom
>Hold captive Ratticus and Ratticrush.
>>
>>5129264
I would imagine so, but I don't think we want to consume Ratticus at least. We want him to seek vengeance, and throw more rats at us that can't open doors. I personally don't see the point in sparing Ratticrush, eating her gets us MP and makes Ratticus angrier.
>>
>>5129264
nah i would only keep Ratticus alive and absorb the rest. We can probably use that Boss Room for when that half Ord Girl returns. It would be a delightful show to see her struggle against the Goblin Boss.

We can taunt and torture Ratticus later to gain some delightful Agonies from him and the chance he might return with more Rats that we can massacre.

And regarding if we have to start anew.... Lets just say next time i would vote for slimes. Melting the enemy is delightful as well and at least i can not be disappointed with the stupidity of a Slime.
>>
>>5129182
also no nothing would change about me wanting to absorb both of the Rats for Dungeon Points and only keep Ratticus in captivity for now.
>>
>>5129130
I vote consume all 3 rats for 6MP
>>
>>5129269
we can also just make the next floor the slime floor
>>
>>5129264
In any case, if we consume 1 Rat it's for MP. If 2, for MP and DP.
>>
>>5129273
Well if you want us to create the Bossroom on the next day we will need to consume two Rats for Dungeon Points. If we need new MP quick we can just eat Ratticus.

>>5129272
also a possibillity though it will probably still take a while until a new Level will be achieved. It is expensive and does not offer too much utility right now. If we spread too thin we will get rolled up very fast.
>>
>>5129276
Yeah, just planning ahead is all. We should definitely fill out this floor first.
>>
>>5129271
Changing my vote to consume 1 rat for DP, 2 for MP

Build Bossroom
Upgrade Goblins
>>
Alright, voting closed.
Let me try to piece this together.
>>
>>5129354

So, right now you guys have:
3 DP
3 MP

Voted to consume 3 rats: 3
>>5129141 (6 MP)
>>5129153 (Not mentioned)
>>5129309 (2 DP, 4 MP)

Voted to consume 2 rats (Spare Ratticus): 2
>>5129133 (4 DP)
>>5129147 (4 DP)

So it's basically all over the place.
To keep things going, I'm basically just gonna go with the only vote that actually got more than 1 vote
Which is consume 2 for 4 DP.

So, after consuming all the rats aside from Ratticus, you now have:
7 DP
3 MP
>>
>>5129421

I saw you guys had some discussions earlier, but I need it to be clear now.

We're gonna start with dungeon points (DP)

What are you buying?
Please support votes as much as possible.
>>
>>5129425
[Boss room (Basic)] - Type: Enchantment (5 DP)

Boss the largest increase in power we can get. If we want to wait a day to get something, it should be one of the other rooms.
>>
>>5129425
This day >>5129253
and me wanted to buy on additional Goblin and have the Brute and the new Goblin in the next part and hope for a Promotion

>One Goblin Camp probably either to the right or north of the current goblin Camp
>next day a Boss Room since we will have 5 DP then.

I for one want to put the strongest Creature we possibly can into the Bossroom and i would like to know what we can get from the Goblin Camp for the future. And we can wait one day for the Bossroom.
>>
>>5129425
Damn, we won't be able to buy 1 gobbo to put in the camp first?

>Spend 1 MP for one basic gobbo
>Upgrade gobbo camp with all troups in

Boss room can wait tomorrow
>>
>>5129425
yeah pretty much support for >>5129432

please ignore this Vote OP >>5129430
>>
>>5129432
The MP and DP buys will happen in the most optimal order, I just don't want discussion and votes on these to be mixed.
>>
>>5129432
+1
>>
>>5129432
>>5129437
Do you guys really think the goblin camp upgrade is a bigger power increase than the boss room? Why can't the goblin camp wait 1 day?
>>
>>5129443
it is not about the Powerboost for me. I want to know what else we might be able to put into the Bossroom and if we can buff a Creature before we put it in there the Buff from the Bossroom WILL be more Impactful. Also it is one day. If it was like five days i would utterly agree with you. As it stands right now i would like to take a look at the Gobin Upgrades first.
>>
>>5129443
The goal is to buff one single gobo as much as possible before bossify him.
With a bit of luck, the brute or randogobo will evolve with the camp. It will make a tougher boss. It's better if poison goblin is in first room, to chip HP better. Boss room will be touching the core, so there are possibility of poison not being as efficient as it should.
>>
>>5129432

Voting closed

Since this has the most votes, I'll be going with this.

Costs
- 1 MP for a single goblin
- 3 DP to upgrade the size of the spawn room

Just a heads up for future upgrades:
Room size doesn't directly correlate to tier level
So although 2 plot spawn results in a tier 2
3 plot spawn doesn't result in a tier 3
>>
>>5129525

Also, slight delay in posting speed.
Some work stuff came up I need to do real quick
>>
>>5129525
okay i take it then its probably a Square or something.

>>5129528
also its fine OP the rest of the day the speed has been nice enough. Dont stress yourself out.
>>
>>5129533
Can you see it? The beautiful, 25-Sized, DC 18corridor jungle room with tons of single rooms nearby, to navigate in and fetch keys?
>>
>>5129618
Not a bad idea. we can just get a boss room or branding room after the gob upgrade, then spam jungle.
>>
>>5129639
The key of that strategy would be unlocking lock and key room, but yeah I want to do that.
With lots of single trap room. Pit room, marsh room, whatever. Maybe we'll pump them to say, level 3 for efficiency
>>
>>5129639
I agree with this. Gobbo upgrades and Goblin Blight Bringer ( or better! ) put into Boss room for boss upgrade.

After that keep expanding Jungle for a bit till we unlock the next tier and DC upgrade, hopefully find Lock+Key along the way
>>
>>5129654
What if we did a pit room with a branding chamber beneath it, the fall might combo well
>>
>>5129807
I don't think pit rooms work like that, and we wouldn't want creatures with more than 1 hp to be able to skip floors.
>>
I'm sorry guys, I won't be able to do more entries for now.
Looks like I'm working night shift for a while longer. I'll post some tomorrow.
>>
>>5129618
yes yes i can. Our own personal Vietnam for all the Adventurers to go into and never return. And then when they thought they finally did it there will be the next Level of the dungeon. Filled to the Brim with near invisible Gelatinous cubes and Marsh Traps to stop the Adventurers from running away.

>>5129807
for that we would have to have a second floor already. And the only way i see this being viable is when the way to the Pitroom is already longer than the normal way to out core and at that point we can probably so better than that.

That said we should still get a branding room pretty soon to mark our prey and to make sure we can properly brutalize them before throwing them out.
>>
>>5130134
>Filled to the Brim with near invisible Gelatinous cubes and Marsh Traps to stop the Adventurers from running away.
nta, but Im more partial to pit traps filled with disease-ridden rat swarms.
>>
Off-topic

Can anyone recommend me some good quests on this board or other website?
Things like: great formatting / high user-interaction / or just a well-done quest

Might be able to learn a thing or two
>>
>>5130339
Personally i feel Body Horror Quest is up there. There is currently an Intermission going on after something like a year of silence. It has been going for some time though so you would have to read some to get up to speed a bit.

And the Attendant Quest sounds interesting right now. Though interaction right now is a bit limited

I am not following more Quests personally. I just do not have the time to follow and get invested in more of them
>>
>>5130339
My favorite ones for now (excluding this one) :
>>5084905
>>5106549
>>5129959
Still surprised a couple people is sticking around my shitty quest when I see what amazing content is provided here.
Also, I really looks forward this quest, as I really enjoy your writing
>>
>>5130339
Scumbag Antipaladin is an amazing quest that's still pretty early on, QM updates regularly and is a great writer
>>
>>5130339
Not on here but another dungeon quest I like is https://www.questden.org/wiki/Dungeoneer
>>
Thanks, I'll have a look.
>>
File: Assumption.jpg (541 KB, 1000x1455)
541 KB
541 KB JPG
I took the liberty of drawing up how I believe the first floor of our dungeon ought to look like. Bear in mind I am working under the assumption that our current floorspace will not grow further than it already has (given that we've unlocked the ability to expand to the second floor I find it very likely we're at the limit now), but if we do get additional tiles we've got some flexibility. Opinions and suggestions welcome.

Red lines represent impassable walls, though it's mostly aesthetic due to how the checks are made (just by entering a room) except for in the case of the Boss Room having a wall to block access from the Branding Chamber, the Gobbo Camp needing a wall between it and Room 5 to force an additional Constitution Check in the Jungle, and the Core Room having a wall between itself and Room 6 for obvious reasons. Orange is a locked door requiring the key placed in the Branding Chamber.

Placing a 3 tile Pit Room in tiles 1,3,5 will give us three types of checks on this Floor: Strength verus Goblins (Maybe other ones too with the higher tier unlocked), Constitution versus the Jungle and Wisdom versus the Pit. Locking the Boss Room and placing the key on the Branding Chamber will guarantee to force the following checks before invaders fight the Boss:

Constitution (Jungle) > Strength*Amount of Minions we have (Goblins), after the Goblins are defeated the invaders realize they need a key to open the Boss Room > Constitution Check (Jungle) > Wisdom Check (Pit), invaders find the key in the Branding Chamber > Wisdom Check (Pit) > Constitution Check (Jungle)

This maximizes the use of both Trap Rooms forcing a minimum check of 2 from the Pit Trap and 3 from the Jungle Trap. This however does not account for anyone stopping to search for the key in either room.

I'll also reiterate that fewer, higher difficulty checks will always be better than overwhelming numbers of low difficulty checks. Minions especially need to have as high a check as possible as they will die if a check is failed and they lose all their hitpoints, which means a minion with a low DC can die on it's first check before it gets a chance to make a check against all invaders. Trap rooms can get away with having lower DCs because they will affect anyone entering regardless if they fail checks, but the idea of having many small rooms over having a few large ones that I see floated is still misguided.

Compare two 1 tile traps to one 2 tile trap for instance. A 2 tile trap has a flat 40% chance of beating it's required check, a 1 tile trap has a flat 25% chance to beat it's check. Both of the smaller traps must succeed their checks to deal more damage than the larger trap, a 6.25% chance of happening. With enemy modifiers it becomes highly unlikely that such a low check will ever pass and it's better to consolidate the smaller traps in to a single trap to increase the chance of dealing damage.
>>
>>5130522
I like the idea, but I think I'd expand the jungle into 1 3 5 rather than have a pit trap, assuming this increases the DC. I think it would be best long term to have huge DC skill checks for each floor (so 2nd or 3rd floor might be a giant pit trap). Also, I'm not sure if we'll ever have access to locks/keys, and if we do, we might get rogues/skilled dungeoneers who can pick locks as a soft counter which will bypass a lot of this. I like the idea of forcing backtracks, the problem is figuring out how to do it. If we can't figure that out, it's best to have one long path to the boss/core/staircase.
>>
>>5130522
hmmm..... interesting ideas you have. We have to see if we can have a Boss Key or if we will need a dedicated room for that maybe we can spend Dungeon Points later to upgrade rooms with improved security

If that truly is all that we will have access to I consider it somewhat unlikely due to the first post from the thread where what we can see is way smaller than our current view i would assume we will have to increase the Jungle even more to make it truly horrific.

Maybe throw in the Branding Chamber at 1 and then a Pit room above it that the enemy will have to search through. That would lead to the case that if the enemy was curious about the branding chamber we might get more procs from the jungle if they walk more between rooms.
>>
>>5130134
>Filled to the Brim with near invisible Gelatinous cubes and Marsh Traps to stop the Adventurers from running away
I hit the character limit in my autistic rant about room layouts.

If we go for slimes on the second floor we absolutley have to get as many elemental trap rooms as possible. Lightning Slimes that can paralyze enemies with attacks, Water slimes that swim through shallows and swallows people whole, Lava slimes that when defeated commits explosive kamikaze attacks. The possibilities are endless. Truly magnificent days are ahead of us.

I also propose we shamlessly rip off Ocarina of Time and use Morpha as the boss of the Second Floor.

>>5130533
The Pit trap is there to diversify what types of checks invaders need to take. Expanding the Jungle too far would probably hit us with diminishing returns eventually, since we're rolling on a d20 we can't be expected to go above that 20 as then we'd be inflicting guaranteed damage to anyone entering the dungeon that doesn't have major Constitution buffs without breaking a sweat. If we assume the DC is increased by 3 per room we expand in to, we'd hit 20 after expanding into just four additional rooms of the eight we have available. Most likely the next expansion of the Jungle will add +2 to the DC rather than +3 like the first one did, and any room after that would most likely be a +1 to the DC.

It also poses a problem when enemies start having more hit points than 1, if we have a single trap on the whole floor there is only one DC taken by the entire party of invaders from traps on that floor. Multiple traps become more efficient then because there will be more checks and more chances for damage. We'll have the find the sweet-spot for trap size where we can make most efficient use of the floor space without investing too hard in a single trap.

>I like the idea of forcing backtracks, the problem is figuring out how to do it. If we can't figure that out, it's best to have one long path to the boss/core/staircase.
Agreed, if we can't force a good backtrack having the invaders either move through a full row or column of rooms before they can proceed further in to the dungeon becomes the most efficient layout.

>>5130539
>Maybe throw in the Branding Chamber at 1
The Branding Chamber I assume would hold any prisoners we choose to not eat for points. If that is the case putting it that close to entrance would let people waltz out of here with our prisoners with little effort if they wanted too, which is why I put it on tile 7 to force four checks before the enemy could leave with any prisoners.
>>
>>5130564
>I also propose we shamlessly rip off Ocarina of Time and use Morpha as the boss of the Second Floor.

there are very much worse games to rip off. Maybe make it a Fire Variant in volcanic terrain just to make sure it is not to obvious.

also to make it more appealing to put the branding Chamber in 1 we could make the opening from the pits to the junge between 3 and the current goblin camp. But at that point it would force pretty much the same checks as you already proposed i think.

Also yes. I want slimes that can inflict status infects. I think if we can make lightning terrain somehow then we might be able to stun the enemies with electricity to then throw in other slimes to deal the real damage. But we will have to see how much space we will actually have to expand. Because we really have to specialize into like one or two types if we work with only 12 spaces. one of which has to either be a Core or stairs and at least one Spawner probably two to make sure we can get advanced slimes and get elemental effets.
>>
>>5130522
>Branding Chamber
Assuming we can only have one, I personally want to hold off on it until we have a second floor so we can force rescuers and escapee to have to travel through every trap we have on both floors.

We dont need to keep any targets for now, every enemy can be converted into points to allow upgrades and expansions. Eventually a party will show up with a high value prince/ss type character - Once we are established, *that* is the enemy we want to hold onto. Ratticus/Ratticrush interaction was a cute idea but I am dreaming bigger
>>
>>5130339
Before the recommendations, I can give a bit of formatting advice right off the bat:

Get a name and a trip. There's a multitude of reasons for this, but the simplest is that it makes it easy for us to know it's actually you posting, even if your ID drifts. Relatedly, I suggest picking up a twitter or similar, so you can let us when a new thread is up even outside of a thread.

Requests for reader interaction need to be clearly marked. Typically, this is done using > to list options, or at least a >wat do.

Double spacing story post lines is recommended. It's not as big of a deal for you, as your paragraphs are pretty short in word count, but's common practice for a reason.

Recommendations:
Actually, I have a recommendation file with well over 10,000 characters. I can dump the entire thing, but that seems like a bit much. Is there anything in particular you're interested in genre, tone, or setting-wise?
>>
>>5130741
Thanks, testing name+trip now
>>
>>5131936
looking good OP

Question though. Do you plan to continue over the weekend or will restart posting on monday?
>>
>>5131987
I plan to do more today since my D&D game got cancelled, but usual schedule is: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
>>
>>5132143
Eager for updates, as always.
>>
“The vermin has been dealt with,” said the Dungeon with a hint of relief that it failed to mask.
The Dungeon did have a non-favourable history with [Giant Rats] up until this point.
It looked over the hostile creatures currently held underneath the dungeon’s floor.

Eyes narrowing, the dungeon spoke, “RAT-1028931092. It’s you.”
”And I supposed these must be your little friends,” it added, glancing over the others.
”I have not forgotten our first encounter,” said the Dungeon, “And I’ve not forgiven.”

[Corruption trait [Sadism] is influencing the Dungeon’s behaviour.]

Head swaying from side to side, Ratticus managed to open his eyes.
It squeaked in joyful surprise, there on the ground before him, were his companions he was sure he’d lost.
Ratticus tried leaping towards the prone rats, but found himself unable to.
Glancing down, he saw that everything aside from his head was still firmly lodged in the ground.
He began trashing wildly, but it was like being neck-deep in solid concrete.

”Now watch,” growled the dungeon, delight dripping from every word.

A flurry of high-pitched squeaks filled the [Jungle room] as Ratticus was forced to witness the final moments of his allies.
Tiny sparkles and glitter began to drift away from the whole. Like sand being carried away by the wind. Consumed.
Broken down into raw essence that the dungeon can utilize as it sees fit.

[The Dungeon has consumed hostile creature 'Giant Rat']
[The Dungeon has gained two (2) Dungeon Points (DP)]
[The Dungeon has consumed hostile creature 'Giant Rat']
[The Dungeon has gained two (2) Dungeon Points (DP)]

Quiet finally returned to the [Jungle room] as Ratticus stared at an empty patch of grass with an unseeing gaze.
He didn’t even resist as he felt the dungeon tug at his body again, drawing him underground.
Back into darkness.

[Hostile creature 'Giant Rat (Ratticus)' will be held in captivity]

[Total amount of Dungeon Points (DP): 7]
[Total amount of Monster Points (MP): 3]

A shiver of pure joy ran through the Dungeon’s core, “Ah…..”
”I suppose I better put these to good use, shouldn’t I?” said the Dungeon.
”Wouldn’t want to upset anyone, now would I?” it continued, chuckling.

The Dungeon took a moment to inspect its rooms and their occupants.
It then glanced over the many new options it suddenly had. Then frowned.

“Instinct, why is a new [Floor] so expensive?“ it asked, letting the unspoken annoyance fester.
>>
>>5133090

------------

[Investigating ‘Floor’.]

Query: Why is a new [Floor] so expensive?
Context: Cost

Response:
The lower levels and bedrocks of this world is suffused with magical essence.
Magical essence can pass through matter, but it still drawn down by the Hunger.
The more one digs down, the more ambient essence they have to contest with.

A lower floor will grant you the following benefits:
- Increasingly stronger base-type monsters
- Higher base DC for all traps
- Your [Dungeon core] will become more resilient to breaking attempts
- Access to higher tiers that are unreachable for the first set of floors.

------------

“That seems worthwhile,“ the Dungeon remarked, “But…”
The Dungeon grinded its metaphorical teeth, “I despise it when people leave the obvious follow-up question answered.“
Deep intake of breath, calming of the nerves. ”What is this Hunger?” snarled the Dungeon.

------------

[Investigating ‘HungeR?’.]

Query: Wh@t is th!s Hung3R?
Context: Fl00r$, M@gical 3ssence

r3$p0ns3%:
[PERMISSION_DENIED]

------------

The Dungeon got ready to complain, but was rudely interrupted by absolute agony.
Like muscle cramps on the brain, dozens in rapid succession.
A cluster migraine that left the Dungeon writhing on the floor of its [Core room].
It felt like somebody stomping heel-first on his mind. Yet strangely familiar.

This deeply unsettling invasive force, demanding you behave a certain way.
It felt like a [Breaking] attempt.

The pain was sudden in both its onset as well as in its departure.
Leaving the Dungeon gasping for a breath it shouldn’t physically need.

It recovered to a degree, whispering, “You think I’ll just take this…?”
With a curt nod, the Dungeon summoned the always-cheerful, blue spark and set it to work.
”This isn’t over,” said the Dungeon.

[The Dungeon spends 1 Monster Point (MP) to spawn a Goblin.]

Ticked off, it turned its attention to the lone [Goblin Brute] in the [Jungle room].
”Move!” shouted the Dungeon, “Get your ass to the [Goblin Warcamp]!”
It was good to see that despite the lingering corruption within the [Goblin Brute], it was still capable of fear.
The [Goblin Brute] ran as swiftly to the [Goblin Warcamp] as its little legs would allow.

[The Dungeon spends 3 Dungeon Points (DP) to expand the [Goblin Warcamp].]

[Goblin Warcamp has been expanded.]
[Goblin Warcamp meets all the criteria for tier advancement.]
[Goblin Warcamp has advanced to Bugbear Den]
[Monster [Goblin] was present in the [Goblin Warcamp] during expansion.]
[Monster [Goblin Brute] was present in the [Goblin Warcamp] during expansion.]

Roll 2 d100, one per player
>>
>>5133095
Muh formatting
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

>>5133095
>>
Rolled 90, 38 = 128 (2d100)

>>5133095
Oh boy, it is time. What will we get out of this.
>>
>>5133116
>>5133095
Sorry, I'm stupid. Disregard the second die.
>>
>>5133114
>>5133116
Nice rolls anons, cant wait to see what we get
>>
>>5133114
>>5133116
Good roles anons.
>>
I think we should ask what corruption is exactly
>>
>>5134057
pretty sure that is something we will only be allowed to ask at the 18 day mark. Since you know. We can only ask about breaking that caused corruption at that time and not before
>>
>>5133114
>>5133116
Welcolm to our Bugbear and Bugbear brute I guess.
Now, I hope evolved monsters that die stays evolved.
>>
>>5134113
Plus, does it matter exactly what flavor of bad corruption and breaking are? We know they're bad and what causes them.
>>
Oh boy, it's update night day!
>>
Hello. I'll be posting an update shortly.
>>
>>5136380
Oh boy, can't wait for shortly
>>
The longest shortly the world has ever seen, it seems
>>
>>5136791
>>
File: takeYourTime.jpg (48 KB, 800x535)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>5136791
>>5136682
>>5136811
>>
>>5136791
I am continuing to monitor this quest.
>>
>>5138102
Same here.
>>
>>5138102
Same.
>>
File: Nero Spurdo.png (115 KB, 640x696)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
I took the liberty of archiving the first thread since it was about to drop off the board.

Now we just have to wait for the update.
>>
>>5138102
samesies
>>
With the usual grinding and groaning, the little blue spark made the changes.
The dingy little tent collapsed and was drawn into the dungeon floor, as was the muscular goblin statue.
It sank with a slight bubbling noise, its raised fist seemed like the final salute of a captain going down with the ship.

In one corner of the room, rocks began to form. Which were then raised higher as more rocks were formed underneath them.
And more underneath them. This continued until the first line of rocks tapped against the ceiling.
After which the rocks repositioned themselves, slide over, past, and below one another until a sort of cliff was formed.
At the bottom of which, a dark opening appeared.
The entrance to the new [Bugbear Den].

---

[Bugbear Den] - Type: Spawn (Goblinoid)
Somehow even more messy than a [Goblin Warcamp], a bugbear den can often be smelled before it can be seen.
It houses large, hairy creatures that favour big weapons and subterfuge. An odd, but effective combination.

Units
- Goblin (1 MP)
- Bugbear (3 MP)

---

[Bugbear] - Tier Advancement (2 HP)
Most people can see the connection between a [Goblin] and a [Hobgoblin]. Perhaps thinking of [Goblins] like the bratty younger brother of the more disciplined [Hobgoblin].
If we were to expand on this example, then a [Bugbear] would be the lanky, pot-smoking, 20-something middle-brother that barely leave their room.
Bugbears tend to live in caves, which (combined with their demeanour) makes them a target of phrases like: “Look who finally came out of their cave!”

It is because of phrases like that that [Bugbears] have evolved into the “raiding the fridge at 3 AM” variety, gaining proficiency in stealth.

Unseen Attacker Skill
Attacks made by bugbears force a DC14 Wisdom saving throw against a single enemy for the first attack, this attack deals double damage if successful.

Combat
Attacks made by bugbears will use a DC12 Strength saving throw against a single enemy.

---

[Floor already contains monsters, no unit will be spawned.]

The Dungeon looked upon the new [Bugbear Den] and managed a smile.
Which it immediately dropped as the moment was destroyed by the horrid wailing of the [Goblin] and [Goblin Brute].
The goblins rolled on the ground, feeling their bodies being poked and prodded at.
An unseen system checked their specifications and found them acceptable.

The [Goblin Brute] felt their arms swell up, muscles expanding.
A shower of glitter began to rain over the [Goblin Brute] as it was raised from the ground, hovering in mid-air.
Sparkles and glitter swirled around it as it was forcibly turned, a magical transformation sequence.
The glitter began to collect and coalesce in some places, forming solid shapes.
Poor [Goblin Brute] never stopped screaming.
The end result was unexpectedly mundane.

[Monster [Goblin Brute] has mutated into [Goblin Raid Leader].]
>>
File: Goblin Raid Leader.png (716 KB, 548x790)
716 KB
716 KB PNG
[Goblin Raid Leader] Random Mutation (1 HP)
Red-eyes maniacs barking orders in a sickening, guttural tongue.
Goblin Raid Leaders are sadistic commanders that get things done and don’t shy away from any tactic.
Its own strength nothing to brag about, these monsters are rarely found alone.

Commander Skill
All goblinoid units within the same room gain +2 to their saving throw DC.

Scream and Shout Skill
Goblin Raid Leaders can issue verbal commands, allowing them to point-out specific opponents.
These are made in the [Goblin] tongue.

Combat
Attacks made by Goblin Raid Leaders force a DC10 Strength saving throw against a single enemy.
>>
File: GoblinScout_Alt.jpg (112 KB, 1000x1153)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>5140989

The other [Goblin] got a hat, it mostly screamed for the sake of solidarity.
It also gained an inch of forehead, which the hat hid fairly well, and stopped drooling.

[Monster [Goblin] has mutated into [Goblin Scout].]

-----------

[Goblin Scout] Random Mutation (1 HP)
Quite a bit more intelligent than the average goblin, a goblin scout is a creature that excels at stealth and exploration.
Unlike most goblins, they understand not only spoken commands, but have the necessary mental faculties to make their own decisions.
It has an impressive forehead, which it hides underneath a less-than-fashionable leather cap.

Explorer Skill
Goblin scouts can move beyond the borders of the dungeon.

Prowler Skill
Goblin scouts are embarrassed of the size of their forehead and prefer to remain hidden.
Hostile creature have to succeed on a DC12 Wisdom (Perception) check to detect the scout.

Combat
Attacks made by Goblin Brutes force a DC10 Dexterity saving throw against a single enemy.
Hostile creature have disadvantage on the saving throw if the scout is undetected.
>>
>>5140994
Hey QM, is our Raid Leader a Brute Raid leader or we "lost" the MP spent on corrupting him?
>>
>>5140996

A half-smile appeared on the Dungeon’s face, “Not bad, but I was expecting some….bigger.“

---------

[Investigating 'Mutation'.]

Query: I was expecting some….bigger
Context: Mutation

Response
A mutation is a random result picked from a branch on the same level as the initial unit.
It is a “horizontal” upgrade, rather than a “vertical” one. Room mutations cannot result in tier advancement.
The dungeon gain access to a random upgraded unit you would normally require a pre-requisite for.

---------

Unfortunately, the dungeon didn’t seem to have a lot of time to enjoy the recent alterations.

”Woah!” said a nasally voice, “Did you all feel that? The shaking? The grinding?”
A sudden rush of movement. At least four from what the Dungeon could gather.

“Slow down,” the same nasally voice cried between ragged breaths.

”No!” a familiar voice replied, its hurried footsteps accompanied by the squeak of brand new boots, “We’ve waited far too long already.”

"I concur," added a third, more breathy voice, "Every second counts. Manson must be so scared."

---------

"Company," growled the Dungeon, "Delightful."

[Total amount of Dungeon Points (DP): 5]
[Total amount of Monster Points (MP): 2]

>1 - Move monsters around
>2 - Spawn more monsters
>3 - Write-in
>>
>>5141014

>Goblin Raid Leaders are sadistic commanders that get things done and don’t shy away from any tactic.

Goblin Raid Leaders are an unit that's only possible because it was corrupted before the mutation.
Imagine a skill tree that goes up for normal goblins, but there's an inverse tree as well.
That is the corruption tree. Some other example would be: Goblin King versus Goblin Tyrant.

This unit trades in its DC12 Strength save for a +2 aura to all other units' saving throw DC in the same room.

Aside from the base goblin unit, if it has "red eyes" it is an corrupted unit.
>>
>>5141018
Can we spawn a boss room?
If yes, I'd love to :
>Spawn 1 gob
>Turn it to brute
>Put it in the boss room with the raid leader

If we can't
>Put the scout in the jungle
>spawn 2 gobos and keep them with raid leader in the bugbear den
>>
>>5141020
Nice to know. Thanks QM
>>
>>5141018
>Spawn Goblin
>Upgrade Goblin to Brute

I knew we should have gotten the boss chamber, now we might get another corruption.

>>5141022
Looks like dungeon upgrade was last "turn". We should have gotten boss room while we could, we tend to get attacked after every "upgrade", so the higher power increase from it mattered, even if it was only one more day before we could get it.
>>
>>5133090
>>5141018
>>5141022

>Can we spawn a boss room?

Sadly, no. Seems like I made a typo.
You had 7 DP, spend 3 on the Bugbear Den, so you now have 4 DP.
Which is insufficient for the Boss Room which costs 5 DP.
>>
>>5141028
>>5141031
Ok, so for me,
>Put the scout in the jungle
>spawn 2 gobos and keep them with raid leader in the bugbear den

Let's try to get a few not-corrupted goblins around. We'll upgrade to bugbear later.
First boss can be Hobgolin brute
>>
Voting will close around 2h from now

Mostly because it's been a while since my last update
>>
>>5141020
Does mutation cumulate or replace?
>>
>>5141018
supporting >>5141036

>>5141046
Good to have you back QM. I was kinda dreading this would die.
>>
>>5141036
+1

We probably should have done the Boss room after all but this is fun too
>>
>>5124423
>”Get off on the right foot then, bitch.”
Amazing!!!
fuck, you are great, QM. This whole dungeon thing might just be a numbers game but you take all your brain power and create a narrative with it, using the mechanics just to tell us a story. good
>>
>>5124509
I read it in His voice
>>
>>5141018
According to the dungeon's feelings, I assume that they are indeed 4 people invading, even though there is one that did not speak.
The nasal voice sounds deep and lard-y, must be some sort of ""tank"" (as tanky as lvl 1 of course). It might also be a fatso studious lard, the wise kind of butter...
Of course, we also have the damned orchish loli, plus another mouth breather. They are brothers perhaps?

The last presence bothers me. It doesn't talk, it made no sound, it seems like that one knows what its doing, compared to the trio. Or it's mute, you never know.

So far we have an average STR roll and a weak constitution roll. What sucks is that we can only get one room with a different kind of save, like wisdom or dextery, but only 5...
>>5141036
Yeah, the plan is simple. Force multipliers are kino. The scout is smart enough to do what it should and the brute is dumb enough to be an excellent distraction for the scout to position itself and land a surprise blow on the weakest link of the party, which should be the orc loli. Of course, I'd LOVE to leave her for last, as payback
>>
>>5141018
>Spawn more monsters
>1 Goblin, corrupt it to a Brute

>Move monsters around
>Place all Monsters in the Jungle

I might've missed the vote deadline, but this is the best choice. a Brute with a base 14 DC from the Raid Leader, which turns in to a DC 16 if it succeeds means a base chance of success of 80%.

Whatever choice, keeping minions seperated in different rooms is sub-optimal, we need to stack into a single room and use the Raid Leader buffs to increase all of our minions DC's to maximize kills. With the Raid Leader, the Scout has a Wisdom DC of 12, the Blight Bringer Strength 14 and the Brute Strength 14 > 16 if it succeeds once.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.