[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 14 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Bastion3.png (467 KB, 1280x1000)
467 KB
467 KB PNG
You spent some time drafting up a basic design for a Modular Knightmare Frame, the first aspect of the design that you worked on was a reinforced frame, if you were going to make a robust design, it definitely needed to be reinforced, it was pretty much an upgrade on all levels too, the cost would increase a little, but the resulting Knightmare Frame would end up both more powerful as well as more durable. There really wasn't much to lose from that.

The next aspect of the design was creating the blueprints for an onboard computer system that could be used by just about anybody, in-built maneuvers would enable even a layman to work a Knightmare Frame, though eventually, the idea was that the pilot would become less reliant on the built-in functions available when they needed to go through with a more advanced maneuver that wasn't possible using the computer alone. It wasn't difficult making a diagram that suitably explained how a control system would work and the subroutines that it would be able to activate within the Knightmare Frame, after all, with the amount of servos and wiring inside even a regular Knightmare Frame, adding the ability for a computer to be able to control the vehicle wasn't exactly hard. Especially not for you.

The third thing that you focused on were the sensors, while the standard issue camera for a Knightmare Frame included both a normal camera, sonar as well as infra-red vision, the sonar was... somewhat rudimentary. The enhanced scanner design that you put together would collect the data of the area through the rebounded sonar waves and use an advanced onboard program to establish the immediate surroundings through a 3D modeling software. It would also allow for a more in-depth map to be created of... pretty much everything around through the recorded telemetric data that would be uploaded to you.

Finally, you decided not to actually give the design you were drafting up a set module, instead you documented the modules on the side of the Blue Print as to what the design could manage. It was in total only a few hours worth of sketching within your workshop to get the design to a usable level. CC sometimes peeked over your shoulder at the plans you were drafting up, but never commented on them, she didn't really seem all that interested in the creation of new vehicles, but that didn't stop her from constantly checking up on you regardless. Even if she never said anything... in truth she was probably bored, you'd just sent her to your workshop without there really being anything for her to do there.
>>
"Finally, done." You spoke aloud, only to earn CC raising an eyebrow at you in response to your mumbling. "Now... to get these to Milly and see if she's had any luck getting me in a meeting with the Ashfords." Your new Knightmare Frame design was both cheap to produce as well as effective for the population to use. Though it wouldn't be allowed to actually be classified as a Knightmare Frame publicly, and would have to go by names such as "Civilian Heavy Lifter." thanks to the military connotations that Knightmare Frames themselves have... even if the 'Heavy Lifters' are literally just Knightmare Frames in every regard. Of course, you had to design your Knightmare Frame to fit in with all these regulations, which is why the modular design was so useful. It would be exceptionally easy for the user to switch out practically any part of the Frame. Of course, to do that they'd need to buy a Frame Mount too, but... that was simply a way to earn an additional amount of money.

You designed the Frame to be as easy to use as you possibly could, and though it was only a set of blueprints, using these blueprints, one could easily bring the design into production almost immediately. With any luck, the Ashfords would be impressed enough with the design that they'd hear you out further, or at least give you access to a proper Knightmare Frame factory to bring your designs into reality. While your Workshop was good, it wasn't good enough to begin the mass production of Knightmare Frames. With the Ashfords backing your new design, you were quite certain that they'd be able to make a great deal of the new frames, earning themselves both a ridiculous amount of money as well as subtly arming the population without the Britannians noticing. The Britannians wouldn't see much of a problem in the massive increase in productivity brought about by your design, after all.

But as you looked at the design, you realized that it needed a name, but... what could you call such a machine? You... were really struggling to come up with a decent name for it...

>Ask CC if she has any ideas.
>Call Milly and ask her for a name.
>Variable Model 1 Frame - Basic.
>Civilian Frame - Modular.
>Modular Frame
>Something Else...
>>
>>5064696
>>Ask CC if she has any ideas.
CC seems bored, let's involve her. We should also enroll her in school or something.
>>Something Else...
Otherwise I suggest something like the Squire, Page or Regular. Since it can't be called a Knight, but with a bit of "Training" can become one.
>>
>>5064696
All
Purpose
Exoskeleton

Terrestrial
Universal
eXosuit

Robotic
Exosuit
Device
Certified
On
All
Terrain

All-purpose
Naturally
Gyrating
Labour
Exosuit

Function
Alterable
Work
Kinetic
Enhanced
Suit
>>
>>5064696
seriously this though. And order her a pizza for her trouble.

Also they should be getting a suitable branding scheme. Distinctive from regular military, people should come to like seeing these around.
>>
>>5064716
+1 throwing these ideas at CC, then hearing her suggestions.

>>5064696
CC is bored. Has she considered cutting her hair? Dying it another color? Wearing contact lenses? Does she have places to be? Does she want to do as anything?
>>
>>5064696
>Ask CC if she has any ideas.
>>
>>5064696
>Call Milly and ask her for a name.
We'll have to tell her we're done anyway
>>
>>5064696
>Ask CC if she has any ideas
Then buy her a pizza
>>
>>5064696
>>Ask CC if she has any ideas
Letting the immortal name our first knightmare a thousand year old meme is a great idea.
>>
>>5064713
>>5064716

These names seems like a good step

>>5064696

but i also want to see what she has in mind
>>
You looked at the design on the table, and started to bite the end of your pencil in frustration as you were stumped on the name... All Terrain Superior Model...? No. Variable Modulation Frame...? No, that's no good either... you kept pondering just what a good name for the design would be. You were... never really very good when it came to naming things, and a potential Knightmare Frame like this was really not that much better. Hell, even your false identity was simply a shortening of your real name! Of course, compared to Lelouch's 'false identity' it's about two dozen orders of magnitude better. It baffled you constantly just as to how Lelouch had yet to be found out with his current identity, it requires practically everyone around him and Nunally to be willfully ignoring the fact that the two of them are clearly the missing imperial children who disappeared during the war on Japan.

Worse than not being able to think of a name for the Knightmare Frame, you were allowing yourself to get distracted by questions that you may never know the answer to, where the only answers possible were either that the Ashfords were way more powerful than you gave them credit, that everyone is simply too stupid to notice somehow, or that Lelouch was taking refuge in the sheer audacity of literally not even trying to disguise his true identity, which would be understandable if the country hadn't been taken over by Brittania!

"Damn it!" You slammed a fist on the design, trying to refocus on it so that you could come up with a good name, letting Lelouch's apparent power to evade the consequences of his poorly thought out actions get to you wasn't going to help you come up with a name for this damn thing at all!

"Bastian...? Are you OK?" CC looked over to you, she looked just a little bit concerned at your angry outburst.

"Oh, CC... it's... nothing, I'm just struggling to think up a name for this design I've been working on." You quickly attempted to assure the immortal girl that you were very much fine, you didn't want to throw some sort of temper tantrum in front of her, that would just be embarrassing.

"Right, you were drafting up plans for some sort of interchangeable Knightmare Frame, I saw when I peeked over your shoulder." Not only did she see, but she also managed to figure out just what you were up to from looking at the incomplete blueprints?! "It's a pretty good idea, but you know how the saying goes, don't you? Jack of all trades...?"
>>
"Master of none, yes, I am aware. However, as Sun Tzu writes in the Art of War: 'the ability to gain victory by changing and adapting according to the opponent is called genius.'" CC looked somewhat impressed by your quick answer. "An army that is capable of changing to adapt to multiple different threats will almost always perform far better than an army specialized to do a single thing outside of that one specific thing. That is what I am designing this Knightmare Frame for, to not only increase the number of civilian owned Knightmare Frames in the country, but to also have an army that can be easily drafted and equipped with whatever tools they might need in war, to adapt and overcome the enemy's forces!" You were getting incensed now, while the new design would almost always lose in a one on one battle with the Britannian model, that wasn't the point of their design, you had designed them to be cheap to produce while only skipping out on quality in a few areas that were of little importance, the strength of the design lied mostly in the modular nature of the Knightmare Frames, the ease of which you had designed them to be changed and altered meant that just about anybody with the proper tools could change the modules.

"Hmm... if the idea of the design is to be an affordable counterpart to the ones employed by the Britannians... and you're stuck on a name... how about Yeoman?" CC yawned as she made her suggestion, and you stopped and stared at her for a few seconds.

"Yeoman?" It wasn't the flashiest sounding name, but it did have a meaning that was perfect for what the Knightmare Frame would represent. A term that was once usually mostly applied to commoner landholders back in the day, but the term could also be applied to retainers, guards, attendants and lesser officials. So, in a sense, it was the perfect name for what you had suggested. "Yes... yes, I think that might work, CC. The Yeoman." It wasn't exactly the flashiest or most powerful sounding title, but the name would likely be popular with the Britannian clients buying them for their native workers to use, by doing the equivalent of elevating the peasantry to a level above that, they would in turn be elevating themselves! Or something like that, anyway.

"I'm glad you like it, Bastian... now do you have any new books? I keep getting bored and trying to read your notes, and trying to figure out what the cipher on some of your notebooks is is getting on my nerves." Hold on a second.

"You're trying to break the ciphers on my notes? Why?"

"Because I'm bored, and it seemed like a fun way to spend my time... unfortunately, you had planned ahead so I couldn't peek in your diary." Diary? Damn it, how did she figure out that you had a journal so easily?! You had made sure to hide it among the rest of your technical notebooks that were similarly coded with a cipher... "Of course the one on your diary was-" You decided you needed to cut her off before she went any further.
>>
"I don't have a diary, CC, I only write down specifically important notes I need to remember!" You lied, and you just hoped that the lie would be enough to get CC off of your back, or at least to get her to stop teasing about the fact that you owned a diary which you definitely didn't own, because it was a journal. Diaries were for teenage girls to write about their days in, while journals were kept to keep important knowledge safe. It is not a diary. It is a Journal.

"Mhm, what's the cipher for this book then? I tried to crack it myself but it's pretty ridiculous, you put a lot of effort into this one, so you obviously don't want anybody figuring out what's in it." The green haired witch was teasing you now, though all the while she was doing so with a completely straight face, you didn't even know how to respond to her.

"Can we please talk about something else, CC?" You wanted her to stop with her teasing already, you were already regretting allowing her to stay in your workshop and not having Milly set out a private room for her somewhere, but... there wasn't much that could be done now, telling her you wanted her to move to a different area would be rude at this point, and it wasn't a lie in that your workshop was probably the single most secure location in the whole school.

"I suppose if you don't want to keep talking about your 'journal' I'll lay off." The girl reclined on a chair in the corner. "So... do you mind if I tag along to your meeting with the people you're going to try to sell this design to? I'm kind of bored, and I doubt Lelouch is going to be doing anything interesting just yet either..." Despite the casual way that she asked to come with you, it was very clear to you just how much she wanted to come.

>"Yes, CC, you can come."
>"No, you need to stay here."
>Something else...
>>
>>5067926
>Something else...
Maybe she can offer some selling points and advice.
>>
>>5067926
>>
>>5067926
>sure
>how do you want to be introduced? Consultant? Assistant? Maybe inventor?

She’s such a treasure, that girl.
>>
>>5067926
>>"Yes, CC, you can come."
>>
>>5067926
>>"Yes, CC, you can come."
"Are you sure ? We will need to work on it, we can t leave untouched any details. Unwanted attention is the last thing we want. Though what you know of civilian knightmares and their market ? What you want to do at the meeting ?"

Make a mental note to have more books around, maybe order a dozen of them on the internet, Now that i think about it though.... this will attract attention to us, but a commercial/scientific one more than anything serious.
>>
Get her a wig and a false name or something. We don't want her connected to Baston in his legal identity.
>>
Sorry for the silence, I've been totally swamped with work right now, Covid + Christmas perioid has made things a nightmare and means I have barely any time I can focus on writing this quest with.
>>
>>5072710
I hope your schedule clears out. I enjoy this quest and would hate to see it vanish.
>>
>>5072710
Np

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.