[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 16 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: landfall.jpg (253 KB, 1920x1080)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
Your name is Lono of the Ahi and you are Captain of The Great Fleet. You were appointed by The Axeholder, Chief Peacekeeper of your Home Island, with leading an expedition to find treasures of the sea to bring back for the benefit of all.

After being caught in a storm, the fleet found an unnamed Prison Island where an unknown land has sent several warring peoples to seemingly starve to death and kill each other. Several of these prisoners were rescued, including an Archer who was in a murderous conflict with several other prisoners.

The Fleet now heads on course to the “Not-Island” where these prisoners came from, desperate for a source of food and freshwater to supplement dwindling resources.

________

Lono wakes up to sounds of cheer instead of moans of hunger. The gamble paid off! The “Not-Island” is visible from the scout ships ahead.

He smiles with relief, knowing the bloody horrors of The Prison Island are behind them, and that a fertile land the fleet can live off of has been found.

But he has a question to answer, he knows he is entering the land of a foreign nation. One whose language no one speaks except for the prisoners they just freed, and communication with them has been limited to almost nothing but gestures. He also has to account for any political issues or conflicts these prisoners may have in their homeland.

How does Lono land the Fleet

>Sneak in: Send in a few scout ships and land the fleet boat by boat. Live off the land while trying your hardest to avoid being discovered by the locals.

>Announce your entry: Make no efforts to hide and try to make contact with the locals

>Ignore the locals: Land and gain resources but make no effort to either contact or hide from the locals.

(Next check in 2:30 pm est)

Welcome, this is Chapter II of Captainquest, itself a sequel to Nationquest.
Thanks to feedback, I am taking a more streamlined execution for this Chapter, think a mix of a choose your own adventure and a civ game.
Reading the previous quests may give some insight into the current characters and lore but it should not be required. You may ask questions at any time about the setting or choices and supplemental documents may be posted from time to time. I am learning with you players what works best so feedback is always welcome.

Nationquest- Chapter I
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/4960154/

Nationquest Chapter II: Rise of the Waves
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/5009817/

Captainquest-Chapter I
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/5032045/
>>
>>5062211
>Sneak in: Send in a few scout ships and land the fleet boat by boat. Live off the land while trying your hardest to avoid being discovered by the locals.

I'd like to avoid getting into a political conflict until our foood supplies are decently filled.
>>
>>5062254
Lono knows that getting into a conflict with the locals this soon is dangerous so he has several ranger squads scout ahead to lead hunting parties. Given the serious nature of contact a Squad Leader must be chosen to handle the hunting and foraging. Each of these potential leaders has experience on the Prison Island in dealing with these locals and will influence how the scouts behave.
>Nizax of the Muli Tribe, Expert Riverboat Captain and master of guerilla warfare.
Nizax was made second in common back on the Prison Island while Lono was scouting, but during his command a dozen crewmembers rebelled and had to be captured.
>Ebbi of the Illa Tribe, master druid with knowledge of woodland environments.
Ebbi’s knowledge of natural plants may prove useful in foraging in a strange land.
>Kasi of the Ponni Tribe, hunter and animal tracker.
Kasi is a skilled hunter and warrior, though they hold resentment against foreigners due to their comrade’s injury at the hands of The Archer.

(Next check in 3:20 pm est)
>>
>>5062211
>Sneak in

>>5062273
>Ebbi
>>
>>5062273
Lono chooses Ebbi to lead the rangers on their secret hunter-gatherer mission. Ebbi is of the Illa tribe, their druids are trained from childhood in all manners of the forest. Ebbi was always a bit... out there for the crew but Lono trusts their instincts.

Lono must now decide how many people to send to hunt and gather. More Rangers means more food that is desperately needed but it also increases the odds of being ound.

>Send in large crew of rangers (LARGE amount of food, 45% chance of getting caught)
>Send in medium crew of Rangers(MEDIUM amount of food, 30% chance of getting caught)
>Send in small crew of Rangers ( SMALL amount of food, 20% chance of getting caught, UNPOPULAR choice.)

(Next check in 10:00 am est)
>>
>>5062671
>Send in medium crew of Rangers(MEDIUM amount of food, 30% chance of getting caught)

Just so we gain a decent chunk of food before we start interacting with the locals, assuming they aren't aggressive towards us.
>>
>>5062826
>>5062671
Lono speaks to Ebbi

”Ebbi, go in with a moderately sized squad. Stay out of site and gather what you can. “
Yes, Captain.

Lono stays behind on the Fleet as he sees the squad of rangers go into the unknown.

With that handled, he must focus on something long delayed.

Bopha of the Chontou tribe led a rebellion back on the prison Island. It was short lived, but Nizax, Lono’s chosen deputy was injured and several prisoners were terrorized. Lono gave most of the rebels pardons but the ringleader must be held on trial.

Bopha of the Chontou, Warrior Caste, you stand accused of mutiny on the seas and attacking a comrade. Do you Admit or deny?

Bopha stands tied to a post on a wa'a kaulua , floating at sea facing the fleet at large.

“I admit to doing what needed to be done, when you WOULDNT. This ‘Captain’ would have us all starve for the sake of savages!”

How does Lono respond?

>Defending himself
>Focusing on Bopha’s crimes

And what tone does he take

>Calm
>Passionate.

Next Check in (2:00 pm est)
>>
>>5062931
>Defend himself
>Calm
"I said we would find the not-island, and that it would be bountiful. Now, look where we are. Was I not right, Bopha?"
>>
>>5062943
Lono calmly defends his postion

"I told you we would find food without bloodshed and we have. Look around, as we speak Ebbi leads the rangers to collect our bounty

The crord murmers from their boats in agreement.

Is their food in our stomachs now? Hot meat dripping down our faces rather than chewing on dried fish? You are like your meta-sister before you, full of words and promises.

Lono is thrown back by the reference to his meta-sister. She was elected the first peacekepper of all the tribes and this fleet was her crowning goal. Many felt she was selling empty dreams. A major reason he took the role as Captain of the Fleet was to prove them wrong.

The time for debate has passed. You admit to the crime, we must now deal the punishment [/b/]

>Execute Bopha ( very Unpopular)
> Sentence Bopha harshely (unpopular)
>Sentence Bopha leniant (popular, may encourage further rebellion)
>Pardon Bopha (very popular, popular, may encourage further rebellion)

Next check in (3:00 pm est)
>>
>>5063038
> Sentence Bopha harshely (unpopular)

Mutiny on the seas would've led to the death sentence of this fleet. Be grateful that I am lenient in not taking your head.
>>
>>5063038
>>5063060
>>5063038
Lono looks at this person, no, this TRAITOR and stews with rage. To let something so violent happen. To have those helpless villagers suffer, to just stand by and let... it was unforgivable.

As Captain of the Great Fleet, in the name of The Great Peace and by the power granted by The Axeholder that defends it, I sentence you, Bopha of the Chontou... to Salt and Blood!

The crowd jeers at this action. Lono was successfully able to defend his position but he hadn't done enough to villainize Bopha in the eyes of the fleet. Many see this action as harsh.

Bopha screams as they are tied to a small boat face down. They know what is coming.

Five strong warriors weave lashes of a coarse nut rope and bring them down on Bopha’s back with all their might. The mutineers skin shreds and bits of fat begin to creep through the flesh. The loose fibers of the rope dig into the wounds and leave constant burning irritation.

Soon Bopha begs for death, and the final phase of the punishment begins. The warriors grab all sides of the boat, and while Bopha is still tied down, they dunk it into the sea. The guilty party gasps and chokes. Salt water drowns their lungs and their wounds. Just as they are about to pass out, the boat is raised so they can breathe.

This process repeats several times, until Lono gives the word for it to stop. Bopha will be incapacitated for the remainder of the journey and the crew looks on at Lono with fear.

As Bopha is taken away a solemn silence fills the fleet, until the stoneharps sing the message that Ebbi has returned.

The Rangers come from the forest, undetected by the natives with baskets of odd fruits and a few small horn beasts. Not enough for a fleet feast, but for sure enough to keep the crew from starving.

While enjoying his first hot meal in weeks, Lono ponders what to do now. The mission was to venture into the unknown, collect the treasures of the seas and return them to The Island. Exotic fruit and animals are surely a discovery, but far from treasure.

They could try to venture further inland, to scout to see if this strange not-island has anything more of value. But that risks discovery by the locals. They could also take what they could from here and move on, either back home or further out to sea, though giving up such an opportunity for the unknown or to return home with little more than glory seems very unsatisfying.

>Explore deeper into the Not-Island.
>Take supplies and sail back to the homeland.
>Take supplies and explore the ocean.
(Next check-in 7:00 pm est)

Feel free to debate amongst yourselves and ask me qustions.
>>
>>5063080
>Explore deeper into the Not-Island.

I would like to explore the oceans after this FYI.
>>
Lono thinks about what he's done, what he's let happen, and he knows if they leave now it will all be for nothing
He calls for Nizax, who has become a trusted confidant.

Nizax, I've decided we're exploring this land . What are your thoughts?

It's risky, Captain, we don't know about the local politics and we already know of at least three conflicts active here. We could be moving into a crab's nest.

When I say something's decided , it's decided!

I'm sorry, captain.

Lono sees the shame in Nizax's eyes and cools down.

No, it's fine. The stress of this voyage is getting to me, we need to return home with something to make this worth it.

Nizax's eyes light up.

The Archer! They're weapons were made of something we've never seen before. Harder than obsidian but almost as sharp.

With something like that in the hands of the Axeholder, The Great Peace would be assured.

We don't know where it comes from though. It's hard enough I am guessing a quarry, but we can't just look for every rock on this...mass

We have the prisoners we freed, we can try to have them guide us to the source

Can we trust them? We have no idea what they may do now that they're in their homeland

They were all sent away as exiles. I doubt they'll be in a rush to be found out.

Then I would start with the Archer, they got those weapons from somewhere

Good, then all that's left is to figure out who to send.

Who shall lead the squad to find the material?

>Nizax of the Muli Tribe, Expert Riverboat Captain and master of guerilla warfare.
Nizax was made second in common back on the Prison Island while Lono was scouting, but during his command a dozen crewmembers rebelled and had to be captured.
>Ebbi of the Illa Tribe, master druid with knowledge of woodland environments.
Ebbi’s knowledge of natural plants may prove useful in foraging in a strange land.
>Kasi of the Ponni Tribe, hunter and animal tracker.
Kasi is a skilled hunter and warrior, though they hold resentment against foreigners due to their comrade’s injury at the hands of The Archer.
>Lono of the Ahi Tribe
Captain of the Great Fleet, an average sailor, warrior and navigator.

(Next update 11:00 am est. Sorry about the delay, lost my computer.)
>>
>>5063392

Let's make sure that there isn't any rebels in this group.
>>
>>5063802
>>5063392
Nizax, I trust you more than anyone here. I want you to lead this expedition.

Sir, even after Bopha-

Bopha’s actions were their own, and I lashed them for it. You’re a credit to your tribe and The Island in general.

Understood, sir. How many squads should I take?

That’s a hard choice, more squads will be more effective, but also easier to notice.

>1 Squad: 20% chance of being discovered
>2 Squads: 40% chance of being discovered
>3 Squads: 50% chance of being captured.

Next check in (3:30 pm est)
>>
>>5063945
>2 Squads: 40% chance of being discovered
>>
>>5064031
Fuck it, I'll split the difference. Take The Archer and two squads deeper inland. Keep watch of them and have them lead you to the source of their weapons.[/b/]

What type of squads should I bring?

>Choose two. You may choose the same type more than once.

>Ranger Squad
Good at tracking, navigating and traveling. Moderate at best combat abilities.

>Warrior Squad
Good at combat of all types. All other skills moderate at best

>Druid Squad
Masters of knowledge of the natural world. Recognize plant and animal life and how to handle it. Very little combat skills

>Diplomat Squad
Horrible combat and tracking skills. Master negotiators and speakers.

(Next check in 4:15: pm est)
>>
>>5064040
>2x Ranger Squad

They should be better at stealth than the rest.
>>
>>5064040
>Ranger Squad
>Diplomat Squad

Won't get lost, can talk themselves out of trouble without accidentally dragging us into war.
>>
Leaving things open for a tie breaker.

As is , first Squad is Rangers and secomd is tied between Rangers and Diplomats.

Feel free to ask any questions
>>
>>5064222
I'm fine with this.
>>
>>5064525
>>5064222
>>5064040
Take a squad of rangers and a squad of diplomats. They’ll move quickly , but if they get caught they can try to talk there way out of it.[/b/]

It will be done captain.

Some time later, Lono looks off as the Squads tak the Archer with them deeper into the woods of the island.

Back at the fleet, the crew works in shifts to preserve the food hunted and foraged. It will be needed for the journey home.

Suddenly a loud sound emerges. A young native, perhaps 14 or 15 has been spotted at the beach. They have been captured by several warriors .

Guret, one of the most trusted warriors in the crew , gives a report.

We caught ‘em tryin ta fish, cap’n. Guess we weren't as sneaky as we thought.

Fuck! Have the fleet move past the horizon, we’ll have to work out of sight from now on. Rookie mistake with the drying.

It happens to the best of us, no one will blame you. But we still need to know what to do with the little abégé?

>Put them with the other freed prisoners.
>Let them go.
>Kill them.

(Next check in 9:40 am est)
>>
>>5064602
>>Put them with the other freed prisoners.
>>
>>5064625
>>5064602
>>5064602
Put them with the freed prisoners, maybe we can learn something from them all being together.

The teen is dropped off in the boat where the rescued foreigners are held. The language is still unknown but the tone of voices show surprise rapidly turning to nervousness when the word “Anλātentūta” gets passed around.

Lono recalls these “Anyaten” seem to be the tribe that The Archer belongs to. Back on the prison Island, The Archer and these people fought viscously and bloodily.

Eventually one of the freed prisoners walks up to the listening Lono and speaks.

Freed Prisoner: Anerēλa le Ñāntari.
The words are foriegn, but the look in the eye and the fingers pointed to thee shore, tell the intent. They want to go home. Doing so would risk revealing the fleet to the locals, but to keep them here would make you no better than the prison island you freed them from.

>Let the rescued prisoners leave
>Do not let them leave
>Allow some prisoners to leave.

(Next check in 2:00 pm est. Sorry for the touch and go, Thanksgiving prep and all.)
>>
>>5064725
I say we let them leave, what do you lads think?
>>
>>5064725
>Do not let them leave YET. Try to communicate compassion.
>>
Gonna Leave this open for debate for a few hours, maybe tie break at midnight or the morning, it's up to you
>>
>>5064978
I'm fine with that. We'll let them go when we're ready to set sail ourselves.
>>
>>5065141
>>5065059
>>5064978
>>5064905
>>5064905
>>5064725
(Next check in 2:00 pm est. Sorry for the touch and go, Thanksgiving prep and all.)

Lono looks down at the prisoner with pain in his eyes and tries to explain softly.

I’m sorry, but we can’t let you leave let. [/b/]

He walks away to his boat as the local prisoners begin to cry.

Guret sees this and speaks to Lono.

Ya did what you hadta do. We cant risk the fleet being found

I didnt rescue those prisoners, I just stole them.

When Nizax comes back with those weapon materials, we can leave in peace and return home

What I’ve seen here, what I’ve done here, I’m not sure *who* would be returning home.

The next week was tense as the entire crew waited for Nizax to return, all while staying out of site whenever possible. Finally, a signal comes from the beach.

Four foriegn warriors, each dressed in estranged armor made from that hard material, walk towards the fleet blowing horns.

As the boats get closer they see bound in vines are Nizax, several rangers and diplomats, and The Archer.

The apparent leader of these foreign warriors yells out.

Ri sū þō!

What does Lono do

>Attack!
>Meet them on the shore peacefully
>Write-in

(Next check in 3:00 pm est)
>>
>>5065444
>Meet them on the shore peacefully

Well, this should be interesting.
>>
>>5065590
Seconding. Let's go, lads.
>>
>>5065627
>>5065590
>>5065444
Damn it! They got Nizax!
Guret rushes to Lono’s side.

What do we do Captain!

I have to go out and meet them, this is a mission of peace.

Woles, Captain! You can go out alone !

We have to be smart about this, to many guards and we may provoke them. They still have our people captured!

>Go out with just Lono
>Go out with 1 squad
>Go out with 2 squads
>Go out with 3 Squads

(Next check in 9:00 pm est )
>>
>>5065821
>Go out with 1 squad
>>
>>5065821
It's just four warriors, right? One squad should suffice.

>Go out with 1 squad
>>
>>5065821
>>5065942
>>5066016
They only have four people, I’ll take one squad

Lono heads out to the shore alongside Guret and seven other Warriors. Their spears are not at the ready but are clearly visible.

Once on the beach, Lono opens his hands and greets the foreigners with a peaceful tone.

Good morning friends, we come in peace

The warriors tense a bit in shock as they hear this.

Nizax hurries to speak.

The Archer attacked the--
Nizax is punched in the jaw by one of the warriors, several members of Lono’s squad reach for their spears.

Hey, stop that!

The lead warrior speaks.

Ōrra ñi le mañāka ā riēþ!
Their strange weapon is pointed towards the captured crew members.

How does Lono respond?

>Try to gesture that if they give us back the prisoners, we will leave.
>Try to gesture that if they don’t give us back the prisoners, we will attack.
>Try to offer the prisoners we freed in exchange for the crew they captured.
>Attack!
>Write-in.

(Next check in 1:00 pm est)
>>
>>5066336
>Try to gesture that if they give us back the prisoners, we will leave
>>
>>5066336
>Try to gesture that if they give us back the prisoners, we will leave.
>>
>>5066500
>>5066464
>>5066336
Lono points to the captured crew and gestures toward himself

If you give us our people...

Lono used his figures to immitate a boat across the wave.

We will go home.[/b/]

The lead warrior stands still, apparently thinking. Until finally they turn to one of their subordinates.

Anrūsa rāmāra. Anrūsa makerāon.

The leader stares at Lono and points to the sun then moves their hand down deliberately.

Liēþ anrūsa jaxāela.

The three soldiers beside the leader begin to tie up Nizax and the other crew, apparently, they are about to leave. The leader sits cross-legged and closes their eyes.

Guret looks on

By the Loa, we can’t let this happen!

I promised to handle this peacefully, we’re in no immediate danger so we won't attack first.

Kaipo of the Ahi clan, chief navigator, comes to give more counsel.

Captain, they could come back with a full army. We have to leave now, we have enough food that we can return home if we stretch hard enough.

>Leave the not-Island without your captured crew members.
>Send one or more squads to secretly follow the three foreign warriors
>Wait for the foreigners to return.
>Write-in

(Next check-in 9:10 pm est)
>>
>>5066591
>>
>>5066591
>>Wait for the foreigners to return.
>>
>>5066887
>>5067238
>>5066591
Gonna let some debate go thru on this one before doing a tiebreaker tomorrow , or whenever the tie breaks tonight
>>
>>5067238
If we stay put, we risk being surprised by a returning military force and having all our people captured. These men with their strange armour and weapons are the ones who placed all those poor sods on that prison colony to starve or butcher each other, for all we know. Do we want to leave ourselves at their mercy, rely on their honour? I'm not saying we attack... But we should at least maintain our intelligence capabilities and ready to strike or flee.
>>
>>5067442
We can just push off and leave a single boat to receive the prisoners and if they bring a war party then minimal losses.
>>
>>5067539
Unless they bring to bear more unconventional weapons like longbows, or catch US by surprise with their own vessels or a guerilla force. If we don't have eyes on them, we have no idea what to expect from these foreigners.
>>
>>5067541
Then we just go farther away from the Island
>>
>>5067548
After losing several of our people unnecessarily?
>>
>>5067554
Sending a squad to follow them on their own territory will make them aggressive. Have you never seen Pirates of the Caribbean?
>>
>>5067564
Staying put and hoping a more technologically-advanced enemy with brutal prison colonies will treat us fairly, or not defeat us with their superior metal weapons will quite possibly lead to our capture and enslavement or genocide. Have you never seen a history textbook?

Just bantering. I respect your opinion as well, but I suspect we're in for a hostile first conflict.
>>
>>5067577
You piece of shit. You know nothing of the Prime Directive! Your plan will have the greatest possibility of endangering us and sending that squad to die if they get caught!. Therefore guaranteeing war because we cant even understand them.

I respect your opinion too brother
>>
>>5067373
I'll change my vote if nobody joins to break the tie, but I reserve my right to be insufferably smug if I was right.
>>
>>5066591
>Prepare the Fleet to leave if necessary
>Allow the prisoners freedom if they want it

It stands to reason that if they wanted violence, our men would be dead. So long as we don't start the bloodshed, some advanced recon couldn't hurt, especially if these warriors do decide to bring a warband back to battle us.

Also, now that our cover is blown, I'm alright with allowing the prisoners to do as they please.
>>
>>5067881
This wins. Writing up now
>>
>>5068010
>>5067881
>>5067238
>>5067238
>>5066887
I’ll send a squad or a few after the ones who just left, we can get much-needed information

Kaipo blusters.

Captain, that leaves us exposed to a massive threat. You see those weapons and armor, we could be wiped out! We must go now!

I’m not leaving our people behind. But I won't sit here like a doomswine ready for the slaughter either. Ebbi!

The young druid rushes to the captain’s side.

We need to have a squad of rangers going after those soldiers[/b/]

At their slow speed, that shouldn't be hard. How many squads?

>Send in large crew of rangers ( 45% chance of getting caught, 60% chance of major discovery)
>Send in medium crew of Rangers(30% chance of getting caught, 40% chance of major discovery)
>Send in small crew of Rangers ( 20% chance of getting caught, 30% chance of major discovery)

While the question is asked, Lono wonders if he should go or not

>Go with the rangers (we will play as Lono on this mission)
>Stay with the fleet (we will play as Lono back with the fleet.)

(next check in 4:00 pm est)
>>
>>5068120
>>Send in small crew of Rangers ( 20% chance of getting caught, 30% chance of major discovery)
>Go with the rangers (we will play as Lono on this mission)
>>
>>5068181
>>5068181
>>5068120
>>5068120
I’m going after them with a small band of rangers
Ebbi screams

Are you mad, captain, we cant risk you!

Which is why I’m going with a small crew. Something this important I need to handle myself.

And who are you putting in charge here?

>Kaipo of the Ahi Tribe. Head Navigator, advised to leave the Not-Island now.
>Guret of the Taya Tribe, former bodyguard to Chiefs and expert spearman. Wanted to attack the foriegn Warriors
>Ebbi of the Illa Tribe, master druid with knowledge of woodland environments. They are the only person available who has explored the Not-Island already, so if you leave them behind you won't have them to guide you.

(Next check in 7:00 pm est)
>>
>>5068236
>>Guret of the Taya Tribe, former bodyguard to Chiefs and expert spearman. Wanted to attack the foriegn Warriors
Tell him its his turn to lead if we dont return.
>>
>>5068484
Agreed.
>>
>>5068548
>>5068484
>>5068236
Lono realizes he doesn’t return, that a worst-case scenario would happen. One that would require a warrior.

Lono walks to Guret, who is standing guard over the meditating foreign warrior.

I’m leading a team to follow the other warriors. While I’m gone, I want you in charge

Captain I think that’s pretty bego, but if you want to, it's your risk.

Lono puts his hand on the Spearmaster’s shoulder and smiles.

I trust you with more than my life. I trust you with theirs.

After gesturing toward the fleet, Lono moves into its anonymous mass ; avoiding the glare of the warrior left behind.

Ebbi is chosen as the strong second for the spy mission, as they know the most about the terrain from the hunter-gather missions.

The heavy armor and prison train slows down the not-islanders. Even though they had a head start, Lono and the Rangers are able to catch up relatively quickly.

The squad sees the foreigners exit from the brush and climb onto a road. The team follows from the ditches and brush to stay out of site.

As the sun begins to climb towards noon, the rangers follow along in this strange country. The road cuts through several wetlands, similar to those of the Muli river back home. The occasional small settlement cant be seen amongst the grainpaddies and creeks that line the road.

The road isn't a straight line, it intersects and criss corses with several others. Lono, Ebbi and the Rangers almost get lost following all the twists and turns.

The group almost loses track of their quarry until they turn a corner and hear a thunderous din.

Before you could see it, you could hear it.The loud sounds and spray of rushing river water flowing through an endless array of irrigation channels. Lono had heard of the idea, but only in stories told around the fire of the far flung future. Seeing them in person was like something made by the Loa’s.
After passing the equipment, the Rangers were almost blinded by the sun shining on the city proper. Sandstone, garnet and blue gems glittered through almost every surface. It was like the ocean floor had risen up and been given form.

Once you got close enough, you could see the city was made of countless small islands, linked together by bridges and channels. Some held houses, some held farms, but they all fed into each other like a massive machine. Large pillars of sandstone and garnate anchor the islands at set intervals, each getting larger and larger until a massive blood red complex exploded from the horizon.

Lono had been to a few cities back home, but this, this was something else.

Once in the city proper, the small squad of rangers is able to avoid detection by hiding in the various farms and paddies.

Eventually, Lono sees the caravan enter a large gem-covered building.

What do you do

>Explore the city
>Try to infiltrate the building
>Write-in

(Next check-in 10:00 am)
>>
>>5068600
>>Explore the city
>>
>>5068600
>Explore the city
Learn more about these strange people and their ways

Island city? Blood red building they lead captives into? Harsh with prisoners? Oh fuck, boys, these are the goddamn Aztecs.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.