[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 17 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: overseer.jpg (37 KB, 900x900)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
A hopeless husk of a human helplessly handles harmful hazards and harebrained helpers. In other terms, another day in P-Company's latest facility.

Now from Z-Company, our latest sponsor.
"Tired of having your workers complaining about missing limbs, teeth, brains, or souls™?
Tired of having to take care for a patient with costly and addictive painkillers after an anomaly™ punched them in the chest?
Tired of feeling that empty spot inside your chest that once held something crying out in agony?
Our newest product, Blueberry Sinsu™ , will fix you right up!
One pill is all it takes to not feel anything anymore! No pain, no sorrow, no sleep! The perfect pick-me-up for everyone, from a regular employee to a Drone™!

Only costs 5 AE™ per pill or for three easy payments of $9.99! It's a steal!

Z-Company - "We can treat even the worst patients!"

Side-effects may include: Nausea, vomiting, decreased appetite, internal bleeding, mutations, and sudden heart removal. Please consult your local nurse android for your recommended dosage."

Our local Z-Company™ spokesperson™ has said that such side effects are also treatable by simply taking more Sinsu™ . Besides, with it's patented™ formula™, you™ won't even feel anything!

Who else do you trust to treat your conditions anyways? A Harvester? As if!

PREVIOUS SHIFTS: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Coffee%20Addiction%20
NOTES: https://pastebin.com/WN1WHjVQ
THREAD MUSIC: https://youtu.be/YP97NpeWfZ0 [Embed]

Due to a major fuckup in the previous OP, I'm remaking this one.
>>
File: STORAGE.jpg (47 KB, 612x344)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>Administrator, give R a dog treat personally and inquire as to C's wellbeing.
You lean against the wall of the elevator. All of that energy and bravo you had only a few seconds ago has drained completely out of your body. You scratch your face hard to satistfy an awful itch on it. The black tar that oozes out is reliving, like popping an annoying pimple.

You wipe the tar off of your face. The elevator's doors open up on the first floor, with Employee F passing right in front of the door.

He pauses mid step and turns back to get a closer look at you. Something about you is making him double guess himself. You tilt your head in bewilderment.

A look of recognition spreads across the man's face. Like he hasn't seen you in years.

"Ah. Excuse me. See you, boss." F puts his hands into his pockets and casually walks away from you.

You don't pay much attention to it as you head over to the storage room to hopefully find a dog treat.

As you're about to open up the door, Employee I stumbles out of the room with a bottle of red wine in your hand. She removes the cork and drinks straight from the bottle in one smooth motion.

It's impressive, if it wasn't drinking on the job (though you feel tempted to join her). You firmly cough to get her attention.

"Employee I." The employee jumps in place, nearly dropping the bottle in the process. She quickly goes to grab something from her waist before quickly realizing who you are. And what you have in your spare hand.

"Oh Father, help me. The hell are you doing sneaking up on me like that?" She sputters out. She fruitlessly tries to hide the bottle of wine behind her. You quietly hold up the bolt action pistol in your hand.

She grabs the gun faster than you can even react. She mutters out a terse "thanks" before storming down the hallway. You yell at her in a vain hope of telling her what you want her to do with it this shift.

You quickly head into Storage to get the treat you're looking for.

You're not a fan of going in here. Piles of disorganized junk litters the crammed and dark room, with the only source of illumination in here being a single red lightbulb. How oddly fitting.

You sift through spare suits and stored The Art of Flesh dishes to find the treat in question. A small, hard treat in the shape of a bone. Perfect.

You grab a bottle of wine next to the MREs. For personal reasons. You note that you might want to get them some real food before they try drinking whatever comes from a nearby pipe. Mmh. Pipe stuff.
>>
File: INTHEMINDOF.jpg (285 KB, 900x570)
285 KB
285 KB JPG
Right. Employee R. Don't lose your train of thought yet. Stumbling out of the storage room, you wander around the floor to find where the fuck that dog is. You last saw her in the breakroom so you went there first.

The jukebox switches to another track. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HmOLpwVBdw [Embed]

Employee C is gently patting R on the head. You quickly get R's attention when you pull out the treat. The dog leaps out of C's lap and over to you. You bend down and put the treat in front of the dog, who quickly devours it.

Employee C chuckles weakly. "Hello, sir." The quiet girl turns her head away.

An awkward silence lingers in the air. You were never good at socializing.

Employee R rolls over on her back. You rub her stomach. Good dog.

"How are you doing?" You mumble out.

"Good. Yeah, good, sir. Don't worry." She scoots her chair away from you. "Please. I'm fine. It's nothing bad, trust me."

Most of the other employees are too busy with their own jackass stunts (including Q avoiding punches from P, to the latter's bewilderment) to notice how awkward this is.

"Employee C, again, I'm sorry. I didn't intend for this to happen." You rub your neck. "I just wanted to check up on you."

"Yeah, sir. I understand." She gestures to Employee R to come over to her. She pats the dog. "Don't you have something important to do? Besides worrying about me?"

C goes to reach for something with her right arm before realizing the obvious. You can see her forced cheerful smile slowly begin to crack .

"Can you make sure that monst-" She pauses. She quickly starts taking deep breaths in and out, trying to calm down.

She starts muttering incoherently. She grips her remaining fist so tightly, her knuckles turn white. You slowly back away.

"Gears and bolts, those fucking m-monsters..." Employee C starts nervously glancing around the breakroom. "Looking at me with those fake eyes. Fake everything."

"I k-k-know what t-those things are. F-foul. A-awful." She grips her fist, ready to throw a punch at anything that gets closer. Sweat drips down her brow.

"M-maybe I should j-just grab one of them and s-start ripping th-them limb from..."

Employee R paws at C's leg. This snaps Employee C out of the weird trance she was in.

"O-oh. Y-yeah, sorry, sir. Just...lost myself." You refuse to comment. Probably safer.

"Can you tell E-e-Emily to stop worrying? I, uh, p-prefer if my brothers handle the bandaging. T-thanks." She hisses under her breath. "Also p-punch Presley for me."

"He d-deserve it. the ripoff. Doesn't even deserve..."

You quickly back away from Employee C. Yep, this is not your area, the brothers can handle it.

Fuck this.

You head back to your office. You collapse onto your chair the moment you get back inside. S-4M pops up on the computer scene.

"Ha! You old fuck! Couldn't even fight a car fo-"

"Shut. Coffee." You have no time for this right now. Time to send out the work orders.
>>
File: CONFESS.jpg (33 KB, 278x400)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>D to Nurture Reminder
The dead-eyed employee looks through his PDA, still laying in bed on the first room dorms. He groans when it realizes you're sending him to Reminder. He grabs a cup of coffee on his way to the containment cell.

Employee D raises up the cup of coffee to A Reminder of a Horrid Era.
D: Yo.
The corpse looks down at the cup with a bemused look on his face.
ANOMALY: What in the Father's name is that?
D: Coffee. You don't know what it is?
Employee D wryly chuckles, to the corpse's utter bemusement.
D: How old even are you?
ANOMALY: This era is truly a bizarre one.
ANOMALY: I won't drink that foul poison. Stinks of him.
ANOMALY: Confess to me, child.
D: Force of habit. No worry.
D: So. Sins. Lemme think.
Employee D kneels down. He mutters about how uncomfortable it is.
D: Used to be pretty jealous of some artists I hanged out with.
D: C-Company freaks. They could stitch together a mean dress and paint a mean painting.
D: They couldn't even stitch a fake smile together though.
D: I tried staying on their level of craftsmanship. I swear, no matter how hard I tried, they would always be one step ahead. Like they knew I was trying to surpass them.
D: I had enough, you know? Decided to take matters into my own hands.
D: Took one of those Heartripper's outfits and burned them. Was a delight to watch the fibers of it flutter in the air.
D: Got caught, unfortunately. Now I'm stuck in this shitty facility. Got to admit, a lot safer than the last one I worked at. Too safe.
A sin all too familiar in this rotten City.
ANOMALY: I see.
ANOMALY: Do you ever regret what you have done, child?
D: A bit. Felt bad for ruining their work but I felt they would've done the same to me. You can't get anywhere without pushing someone over.
D: I mostly felt bad for that one girl who wept over it. I think she was one of the main designers.
D: She was outright heartbroken. Like I stole a prime cut of her meat.
D: Been a burden on my heart for a while. Guess it's good to get it off.
ANOMALY: Repentance will bring you to a better place, my child.
ANOMALY: Thank you for confessing to me.
D: Doing my job. Not used to talking so much.
Employee D takes a sip of coffee to moisten up his throat.
D: Better. See you.
Employee D stands up and exits through the airlock.
The anomaly looks up at the security camera.
It looks like it was about to say something but decides against it.
>>
File: THESTORMSTORM.jpg (64 KB, 662x900)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>Delta, Bond American, inquire about AFYN and his reaction towards it. (Bonding)
ETF-δ lets out a nasty sounding chortle as he reads his work order. He gives a thumbs up at the security camera right outside of RBA's containment cell right as he enters.

Red Blooded American is curled up in a corner of its containment cell.
ETF-δ tilts his head in utter bewilderment.
δ: Uh.
δ: You okay there, buddy?
The anomaly mutters nonsense under its breath.
δ: That's a no, then.
δ: Yeesh. The hell made you like this?
The anomaly stares at ETF-δ.
No, I deserve better. To treat myself better.
Red Blooded American stands up and adjusts its tie.
Nervous, trembling hands make it take a lot longer.
ANOMALY: Nothing.
ANOMALY: What do you want?
δ: The boss told me to ask you something. Something about a gun? I don't really know.
δ: Personally, I want to know why you're shaking like a leaf.
A spine-chilling snarl comes from the beast.
ANOMALY: I'm not. And if you dare question about this again, freakshit, I'll rip you limb from god damn limb.
ETF-δ blinks, not at all used to that reaction from Red Blooded American.
Red Blooded American walks back to the corner of the containment cell.
It mutters under its breath.
ANOMALY: Hollow god damn eyes.
ANOMALY: Even the worst freakshits had something in there.
ANOMALY: Whatever that thing was, it ain't no freakshit.
δ: Dude?
ANOMALY: Get out. Now.
ETF-δ slowly backs out of the containment cell.
Red Blooded American starts to pace around the cell.

>Sirocco, no work order, keep N&Q playing until an hour before the next shift, so we may observe what is inside the storm when it's at it's calmest.
You keep N&Q on to keep the storm out of commission. You take a look in the containment cell to see how it's looking so far.

The storm has slowed down to a point where you can actually see the inside of the containment cell. The paint on the cell walls has been sandblasted clean off, with only a few strips of paint still desperately clinging. The metal underneath has chunks eroded off of it. Chunks of metal litter the floor.

You're not sure but you feel like this might be an issue if you don't repair it soon.

A vaguely humanoid figure rests on the floor of the containment cell. A heavily torn up red cloak is tied around its neck. It tosses and turns in its sleep.
ANOMALY: come on...it's just a game.
ANOMALY: stop being so mad...please.
ANOMALY: no! don't call mom! it was a mistake!
>>
File: FORTUNE.jpg (320 KB, 1024x667)
320 KB
320 KB JPG
>B, Alpha, and E to Nurture Fortune for a Price. Repair it and ask it via E if it's a-ok to take it apart.
The three employees grab the tools necessary for the work order from the storage room. E anxiously looks around, clearly wanting to go back to the medbay to treat people. They start heading over to the containment cell.

B: You know what? I don't trust that machine at all.
α: The fuck? How come?
B: Look. These weird anomaly thingies always have a catch to them.
B: The corpse fucked with Arthur, the sandstorm impaled fucking screws into Lily's back.
E: I-I really should go check on her...
B: The red asshole punches people like it's nothing. And the less I talk about the chef, the better.
E: He's a cool dude when you know him!
B: Still. The hell is the box's catch?
α: Maybe that's the thing. Maybe it doesn't have one.
α: For all we know it could just be a helpful little box.
B: Of course you would say that. You keep talking about it like it's the Father's gift to man.
α: Maybe a Scrapper wouldn't understand how amazing it is! You hobos keep ripping everything to shreds to please some no-star alphabet company!
B: Sorry that I'm not burdened with a crippling amount of seminality for a literal box!
E: Guys? Can we not? Please?
α: Fine.
B: Alright, miss.

Employee B bends down to get a closer look at the machine.
ETF-α pulls out a rag and starts wiping down the exterior of the machine.
Employee E walks around the box, humming to herself.
B: See, Mr. Overseer was talking about taking it apart but...
B: There's no panel, no screws, nothing to "take apart".
B: I couldn't take this apart without breaking the damn thing into pieces.
α: That is weird. Most of these models have some way to get coins out and replace those little fortune things.
E: P-probably a good thing we couldn't, anyways.
No cheating allowed.
E: L-let's just repair it and let it be.
B: Whatever you say, missy. Maybe I could clean you up later.
Employee B and E grab cleaning supplies from the toolbox.
The three employees scrub and wipe down the machine.
Employee B smooths out some of the dents on the machine.
Employee E whispers something to the box.
ETF-α gently wipes the buttons, making sure not to accidently push them.
The three employees look at each other.
B: Done here.
α: Done.
E: Uh, yeah, done!
They stand up and leave the containment cell.
A few moments pass before a small slip of paper falls out of the machine.
ANOMALY: "zzz"

Did the machine really just? That's not even a fucking fortune! The thing is fucking with you, isn't it?
>>
File: MASTERYOURCRAFT.jpg (72 KB, 552x700)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>O and P, Bond with Art of Flesh. Inquire as to the restaurant owner and his whereabouts.
Employee O and P stare at each other and exchange a few terse words before heading over to the containment cell. P leans back to get a better look of O (who firmly snaps her fingers at the android).

The chef is standing in the middle of the room, perfectly still.
Employee O steps to the side and pulls out her notepad.
Employee P points finger guns at the anomaly.
P: What's cooking, good looking?
Employee O silently groans.
The anomaly looks over at Employee P.
ANOMALY: Nothing. No flesh. No masterpiece.
P: It was a joke! Don't sweat about it.
ANOMALY: I am incapable of sweating.
P: Again, a joke. Us fellow chefs can joke around, can't we?
Mastering your craft requires unbroken focus.
O: Unit #1625. Remember our order.
P: What's wrong with a little bit of chatting, Opal? Socialize work ord-
O: Corporate has updated the naming scheme. Get it right.
P: Yeesh. Right, Arty. Fleshy. My pal.
Employee P wraps his arm around the anomaly.
P: Cooking the best meals in this place. Earning the company energy. Mastering your craft, all of that jazz.
ANOMALY: Factual statements.
P: Exactly! So, you worked with a lot of other chefs and shit. Right?
P: There has to be a big dog. The head honcho.
P: You had a guy who ran the restaurant, didn't you? Who was he?
The anomaly shudders before looking down at the ground.
P: Alright. How about this, was there anyone you disliked more than anyone else?
The anomaly relaxes in P's grasp.
ANOMALY: Hecklers. Rejected my passion. Insulted my craft.
ANOMALY: Wanted to succeed. To strive perfection.
ANOMALY: They didn't understand. They will never understand. Restrained me.
O: Inquiry: Did anyone go missing during your occupation at the restaurant?
The Art of Flesh snaps its head to stare at Employee O.
ANOMALY: No one of value did.
ANOMALY: That is that. This is this. Dwelling in past pointless.
P: Guess it is. Stay frosty, Arty.
The two employees exit the containment cell.

Not exactly the direct answer you were looking for.
>>
>Administrator, attempt to communicate with D-H3247 via the intercom. If necessary, play N&Q in its cell to calm it down. Have E ensure the Containment Cell is locked and post a warning outside. Ask her if she managed to read anything off of it in the brief time it was active.
>S-4M, Analyze D-H3247 for an hour.

"Sir. I'm sorry that your feeble raisin of a brain can't understand this but I analyze anomalies. That is not an anomaly. It's not even affected by an anomaly."

"Bother me when you actually have an anomaly to look at." S-4M disappears from your screen.

Fine. You tap your microphone to get the attention of the heart on legs. It stops skirting around it's cell. On closer examination, the whole cell has been torn to shit.

"TURN THIS FUCKING WORLD INTO RUST!" has been scratched into various spots of the cell wall and floor that the heart can reach.

"D-H3247. Can you understand me?"

The heart starts scratching deep into one of the unscratched parts of the floor. It takes a good ten minutes for it to scratch deep enough for you to make out.

Not like the message is any better.

"YES. I UNDERSTAND NOW. MY FLESH WAS WEAK. Z-COMPANY HAS BLESSED ME WITH THIS NEW FORM."

"Uh...huh. Do you want anything?" Honestly, you have no idea what to do from here. You didn't expect a reply at all.

Scratch. Scratch. Scratch. "LET ME OUT."

That's not going to happen. You decide this is going absolutely nowhere. You quickly send a message to Emi- Employee E.

ADMINISTATOR: Label that the containment cell has an active threat and should not be opened at the current moment.
ADMINISTATOR: Additionally, has your ability to communicate better with machines gleamed any insights on it?
01000101: Will do, sir!
01000101: Uh, well, funny you asked that sir. I did.
01000101: That is not a machine. Not in the same sense that I or Fortune is.
01000101: To be completely honest, sir, I rather not be near it.
ADMINISTATOR: Noted. Go back to your current duties after you finish the order.
01000101: Will do! Please tell me if you need any help, I'm always here to check up on you?
ADMINISTATOR: Thank you.

Her optimism is a nice change of pace compared to all of the depressed lonely fucks. Including you.
>>
File: KEEPNOTES.jpg (6 KB, 275x183)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
I, hand AWAKE to K for the hour and stand by to observe for any reactions.
>Q, keep an eye on K and Old World Blues, see if you can discern Old World Blues' other properties (and maybe to see if AFYN does anything).
Employee I grabs the drone by the shoulder. Without even the slightest bit of resistance from Q, she drags it over to the medical bay.

I: Look. I'm not sure how the fuck someone with no eyes can even watch someone but you're coming with me.
Q: Understood. Order from Administrator.
I: Do not touch this gun. I'll crack open your skull if you even smudge it, got it?
Q: Understood.
I: Good. Someone who fucking listens in this facility.
Q: Language.

Flipping over to Medbay. Employee E is keeping a close eye on Employee L, carefully making sure the gauze around her chest is secure.

Three screws rest on a nearby table, coated in a black liquid. Still fresh.

L: tell that gust of dust to go screw herself.
E: Shhh. Rest. It'll help you heal.
L: yeah right. sleep is the best medicine.
E: It is! Right up there with the supplies Z-Company will provide for us soon.
E: Ah, finally, something more than a first aid kid. Puts butterflies in my tummy.
L: har.

Employee I slowly places the gun in K's hand. Q grabs a nearby chair and sits down on it to keep an eye on K. E (with a bright smile) waves over at I, who half-heartedly waves back.

Q pulls out a small notepad and begins writing down notes about the comatose patient. It occasionally moves to adjust the gun or the coat but otherwise stays still, observing.

You wonder how that bitch of a boss even tolerated staring at cameras all day.

If this wasn't your job, you probably would've walked out by now.

Employee K's hand grips tightly on the gun. Oh, that's why you're watching this. K's face contort like she's struggling with something.

I leans over and taps Q's shoulder. The two start whispering to each other with a mix of worry and curiosity.

K's eyes slowly flutter open. It takes a lot of effort from K, like she hasn't opened them in eons.

K: bhuh? what? where am i? what am i wearing?
Employee K holds up AFYN.
K: why do i have a gun.
Q: Status: Awake. Agent K, Designation "Comatose". Report status.
K: what happened to your face?
Q: Nothing.
K: whatever
K: quiet. headache is killing me. wanna sleep.

K rolls back over. She mumbles too quietly for you to make out anything.

Employee K has awakened.

You're about to flip away to let them handle it before you notice something odd. You don't see Employee K on the camera. She disappeared into thin air.

Oh fuck.

You prepare to send some urgent messages to the two employees. Q reaches over and pulls something off of the bed.

Lo and behold, K is laying on the bed. She whines about being cold.

Huh.

>Standing Order- AFYN is not to fired unless given express authorization from the Facility Manager.
You mark it down on the data entry.
>>
The Work Order for A Reminder of a Horrid Era has been completed.
Work Type: Nurture
Abstraction Energy Count: +5/???
Employee Morale: Neutral --> Content
Current Anomaly Mood: Neutral
Employee Trait(s) Revealed:
Employee D - Art Critic (Appease+, Subdue+, Knowledge on artists and their works)
Working Notes - Employee D
-Felt good getting that off of my chest.
-Coffee has been a thing for centuries. How the hell does he not know that? Is it that old?
-Going to lay back down, sir. Getting tired.

The Work Order for Red Blooded American has been completed.
Work Type: Bond
Abstraction Energy Count: +5/???
Employee Morale: Neutral --> Worried
Current Anomaly Mood: Agitated
Working Notes - ETF-δ
-He really didn't like it when I asked him that question.
-Dude's rattled to the core. Wouldn't fuck with him right now.
-I have not seen him THIS scared of something, well, ever. The hell did you do to him?

The Work Order for Fortune for a Price has been completed.
Work Type: Nurture
Abstraction Energy Count: +4/???
Employee Morale:
Employee E - Neutral
Employee B - Neutral
ETF-α - Neutral --> Annoyed
Current Anomaly Mood: ???
Working Notes - Employee B
-Not sure what to say. We cleaned it up.
-I'm not 100% certain how this machine even got put together. Chalk it up to anomalies.
-No hard feelings on Alpha but the boy needs to grow up.

Working Notes - Employee E
-He's knocked out cold, sir. I doubt you'll get a fortune out of him until next shift.
-The room felt really weird when we talked about talking it apart.

Working Notes - ETF-α
-Bill's a cunt. Fuck him. Doesn't appreciate the finer things.

The Work Order for The Art of Flesh has been completed.
Work Type: Bond
Abstraction Energy Count: +2/???
Employee Morale:
Employee O - Neutral
Employee P - Neutral --> Worried
Current Anomaly Mood: Neutral
Working Notes - Employee O
-Direct refusal to answer question. Hiding something.
-Unit #1625 should stop being so unprofessional. It's unbecoming of his model.

Working Notes - Employee P
-Arty kinda worries me, dude. Was real mopey when I asked him that.
-Opal was throwing off my groove.
-Hope my bro feels better soon. This place wouldn't be right without him.

PARADIGM ANALYSIS: OLD WORLD BLUES (Presence--, hard to detect through modern surveillance systems.)

Working Notes - Employee Q
-Such direct exposure to anomalous objects for an extended period has overridden the affliction plaguing her currently. Current hypothesis, at least.
-Unknown how long Employee K will stay awake. Unknown how the halo may still affect her.
-Employee I stole the gun the moment K woke up. Highly recommend reprimanding her.

Working Notes - Employee I
-I have no idea how that worked. Q probably has a better explanation.
-She did wake up a lot faster than I expected. Guess G- The gun helped.
-K's out of it. Give her a while to recover.
>>
File: ENDOFSHIFT.jpg (89 KB, 900x775)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>End Shift

Shift 4 has now ended!
Total Energy Produced: 152 A-Energy, 3 ICP-Energy
Total C-Extract Refined: 22

Current Energy Count: 86 A-Energy, 3 ICP-Energy
Current C-Extract: 11 C-Extract

SPONSORSHIP REWARDS: 25 A-Energy (total of 111 A-Energy), BLADE OF THE FATHER, Employee S (a trained nurse. Roll 1d100+10 for her), Two upgrade vouchers to the latest model for Androids

Extended stock from N-Comp, new catalogs from Z and E-Comp

Met the QUOTA!
Succeeded three sponsorships!
Extracted two PARADIGMS!

Two employees killed (D-5F33D, D-1023A).
One employee altered (D-H3247).

RATING: B+

Do you wish to spend 5 C-Extract to bump it to an A?
>Yes
>No
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>5023814
>No
B rating hustle, baby.
>>
Rolled 74 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>5023814
Hey, we succeeded 3 Sponsorships before too! Ah, well.
>No
Need that cash cash cash, baby.
>>
>>5023823
You did but I didn't count it at first. I decided, eh, if you're forcing yourself to do three to four tasks some chucklefuck company asks of you?

You deserve a bonus. Especially if it's what Z-Company inflicted on you. Besides. P-Company is fickle with it's rating (read: I can change them if I think it would be more fun)
>>
>>5023828
Darn corpo nutters. Good show though, keep us on our toes.
>>
Anyways copy pasting the shit I wrote last thread to make sure I remember it (and to remind us to buy a Psychologist).
86 A-Energy in stock, nearly twice as much as last shift!
I can't wait to see how we spend it all immediately!
I'm kinda worried/curious about C, J and F by association. J had some pretty solid combat modifiers (6d4 base) from ??? when he was fighting Oneiros, and C appears to be... racist against machines? Probably because of the rustbucket taking off her arm.
That's a bit of an issue, since I do want to hire more Androids down the line. Something for a Psychologist to take care of, I guess. Will need to put her down as "someone to keep away from Reminder's influence."
I wonder what's F's deal (other than being a fellow weeb, anyways).
RBA being salty is nothing new, but I guess we can take it as semi-confirmation that Arthur isn't really human anymore. That was obvious, but it's something. At least his name hasn't changed to Arthuriel.

To do: Flick I's forehead.
To avoid: Getting our fingers snapped for flicking I's forehead.
May also want to talk to our new HoS, and definitely buy a Reinforcement upgrade for Sirocco.
>>
>>5023776
Welcome back!

>Only costs 5 AE™ per pill or for three easy payments of $9.99! It's a steal!
Doesn't that imply 1A is only worth $6? That seems incredibly cheap.

>"Employee C, again, I'm sorry. I didn't intend for this to happen." You rub your neck. "I just wanted to check up on you."
Is this in reference to her arm, or something else? I thought she was shaken, but largely ok. The way she's talking here, she's developing robot racism.

>"Ha! You old fuck! Couldn't even fight a car fo-"
I'm really looking forward to S4M not being a dick anymore.

>>5023786
>ANOMALY: Whatever that thing was, it ain't no freakshit.
This must be after effects from being in the presence of Awake?

>You're not sure but you feel like this might be an issue if you don't repair it soon.
This is important, and problematic. We can't fix the cell with her in it but I don't think we have spare space or a way to transfer her even if we did.
I'm getting flashbacks to another facility management quest, where we had to juggle anomalies into airlocks to get cells repaired.

>>5023789
>B: Sorry that I'm not burdened with a crippling amount of seminality for a literal box!
Internal note: B and Alpha are not to be on the same work shift. They have a decent risk of coming to blows.

>The anomaly shudders before looking down at the ground.
I think that really is a dead end. A shame, but the trail's gone cold unless we push Flesh, and he's actually one of the easier ones to work with.

>"YES. I UNDERSTAND NOW. MY FLESH WAS WEAK. Z-COMPANY HAS BLESSED ME WITH THIS NEW FORM."
hmm. Well, it can clearly damage the cell; we can't just ignore it. But I'm not sure how to proceed with it.

>>5023795
>Three screws rest on a nearby table, coated in a black liquid. Still fresh.
Black? L's pure strain human, isn't she? There's few reasons it's not red, none of them good.

>Employee K has awakened.
Hey, finally! We'll need to keep an eye on her, try and get a sense of her mental state. Hopefully her Unyielding protected her from the worst of it.
I wonder if Reminder will notice her change.

>No
B is fine.
>>
Pastebin got some updates. Here's a summary.
>More detailed explanations+examples on work orders and how they function
>"Anomalies may have unique interactions when exposed to other anomalies, especially if they work off similar themes or viewpoints."
>New section detailing the Facility layout and its rooms
There's also a bunch of older updates, so if you haven't read it in a while now might be a good time to brush up.
>>
Rolled 3 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>5023814
This just made my day QM!

>Yes

I'm all for improving our performance.

Just so we're all on the same page here, I'm planning on going full number autism with our lucky numbers, which may gain us a boon from Fortune. I will explain in a later post.
>2, 10, 17, 29, 63

Beyond that, F recognized us, so we'll have to investigate that and try to keep him out of harm's way for the most part. L's black tar is another interesting detail that I'd like to investigate further. C's physiological development is worrisome, so we'll need to get that physiatrist. K will need looking after, and Q is based.

Now, we'll need to keep in mind that the clown car will need to be salvaged, and decide who gets the upgrade voutchers between the androids. I say E and O, as I like both gals, and P is a dick (though his relationship with Art is pure kino).Thoughts?
>>
>>5024050
In addition, Sirocco's cell need to be reinforced, and see if D-H3247 (who I will nickname Heart) can follow orders and continue working with us in some fashion. I'm very curious to investigate Heart's altered state btw.

Now, according the the principles of numbers autism, I'm like to make the following suggestions.
>2, 10, 17, 29, 63
I'd like to keep our purchases along these number lines (A-Energy spent in specific groups or catalogs), with 63 being the number of A-Energy left.

Now, this is where the real autism comes into play. All our lucky numbers added together to 121. You subtract 10, you get 111, which is our current A-Energy.

We also worked with 29 Employees (including dead), with 10 regular male employees (including G), and 17 regular living employees overall. We have 2 Paradigms. Counting down living lettered Employees starting with A, you get K.

Now this is where the autism gets intense. We gained 2 Paradigms, have 17 Alphabet Employees, and worked with 29 Employee as Overseer of this facility. Assuming we leave 63 A-Energy in the bank, that leaves only the number 10 missing. Since K is the tenth living Alphabet Employee, was MIA from work in a coma, recently revived by both paradigms, and given that 10 was the only number missing from our total A-Energy, you get K as lucky number 10.

>2 (Paradigms), 10 (K), 17 (Total Living Alphabet), 29 (Total Employees Managed), 63 (A-Energy Unspent)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vVPT0JT1dOw
>>
>>5024113
This is some /x/ tier shit my guy, I don't know if I should cheer you on or tell you to take your meds.
>>
>>5024113
Gematria when?
Good eye for secrets. I wonder how much is luck and how much is a pattern...
>>
>>5023932
>employees only cost $6

I assume that inflation didn't destroy the value of the dollar in this universe.

As it relates to RBA, he obviously sees something we don't. Maybe he senses souls, just like Reminder? He obviously understood the power level and danger enough to be shaken by AFYN.

Also, I think playing Nice&Quiet while the cell is being reinforced may just nip our juggling problem in the bud.

I don't think the founder is a dead end. Art's obviously shaken up by it, or otherwise feels very strongly towards the owner.

I think the metal heart with legs could be useful, if it follows orders and doesn't attack our employees. We'll send some disposables and defectives to test the waters, so to speak.

>>5024162
Decide after we see if it works or not on the fifth shift.

>>5024182
Everything has a pattern if you go full autism, but it's probably just luck.
>>
File: 1632594927820.jpg (128 KB, 781x1024)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
Found this on /ck/ a while back. Would be good for an AoF cooking action.
>>
>>5024303
>no mention of palms
>no recommended diet for best taste
Foundational graph, but damn.
>>
3 against, 1 for. B+ Reward it is (also nice 84)

Pick one of the following rewards.
>Add extra space to a floor of your choice, allowing for another room to be built there.
>A voucher to ignore one employee death or two disposable/defective deaths, preventing them from penalizing your rating. One use.
>>
>>5024700
>Add extra space to a floor of your choice, allowing for another room to be built there.

Better choice. 1st floor.
>>
>>5024700
Second floor, I want to build a gym of some kind in the Sec Dept.
>>
>>5024700
>Free space
>2nd floor
BINGO!
>>
>>5024700
What are the places on our two floors as things stand now? I wanna know that before I decide
>>
>>5024792
The pastebin has a section about what you have currently on the two floors, right above where the anomaly info is.
>>
>>5024700
>>5024796
Then my vote is
>Free space
>2nd floor
>>
>>5024700
>>Add extra space to a floor of your choice, allowing for another room to be built there.
Not picky about the floor. Everyone else seems to want the second, so that's fine.
>>
File: YETMOREANDMOREPAPER.jpg (37 KB, 576x724)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
More space wouldn't hurt. You mark down your choice on the voucher before sending it away through one of the output pipes. Another good day, Admin, if it wasn't for your back hurting.

Ouch. Yeah, that's not going to go away any time soon.

Something glass shatters behind you. You turn around to see a handful of catalogs in the pile of glass shards. Well, at least you didn't get hit by one. You carefully stand up and slowly inch your way over to the glass pile.

Three new ones. Weird, you were only expecting two. Might as well check them out.

E-Company's catalog looks very formal and technical. The cover is a drawing of the interworking of a machine of an unknown make and model. Written in blocky letters is "INITIATE SERIES". You open and pull out a small note.

"TESTING WITH NEW AI PERSONALITY MATRIX: FAILED. DISOBEDIENT AND RUDE. PREVIOUS MODEL INDUCED HALLUCATIONS. IMPROVEMENT FROM THAT. E-COMPANY THANKS YOU FOR COOPERATION. PROGRAM WILL BE EXTRACTED FROM SIMULATED PERSONALTY 4-MU. GOOD DAY."

Your console hums back to life. A high pitch groan echoes throughout the room. Reminds you of when you partied hard with some co-workers. Waking up to the mass groan of a hangover was always a treat.

"Owie. Head hurt. Need rest. Good might, dMin."

The console buzzes disapprovingly. When you look away, you see that the console screen is blank. No smile in sight.

>S-4M's original personality has been reinstalled. Will take a bit to recover.

Z-Company's catalog fucking reeks of disinfectants and soap. The cover has the tried and true logo of Z-Company, that of a red cross.. "A Cure for a Price" is scribbled down in flowery cursive.

Let's see what their note is about.

"Shame how the experiment went. Didn't expect the nanites to react so poorly. If you wouldn't mind, we may want you to ship over D-1023A's body and "D-H3247" to us. We haven't seen that specimen yet. Otherwise, good day, Administrator #8."

Send the two subjects over?
>Y
>N

And for the final catalog...what in the Father's name is this?

Bright neons assault your eyes. Paint drips off the catalog like snot from a brat's noise. "DAILY SPECIL!!!" is scribbled on the catalog in...crayon? You check the slick, dripping wet note stapled onto it.

"Due to a new partnership, we can now offer you some daily specials. The contents of this catalog will change from day to day. Every day, you'll get a new selection of amazing items! XOXO, Upper Management."

You quietly put it to the side. God, your hand is going to be stained for days.

And finally, from N-Company. A torn off chunk of yellowed paper flutters to the ground. Must've fallen from a nearby pipe.

"OBEDIENCE CONFIRMED. THOU HAST PROVEN A GREAT SERVANT TO THE FATHER. MAY THOU CONTINUE TO OBEY THE WILL OF N-COMPANY."

You look at the security camera in your room. It looks away, trying to avoid your gaze. What the hell do some of these companies get out of these sponsorships? Amusement?
>>
You have
111 A units
11 C-Extract
3 ICP units
Two Android upgrade vouchers

P-Company Internal Supply

SECURITY DEPARTMENT:
>Security Officer Bundle. Will contain some basic equipment for a security officer to use. (handcuffs, body armor, stun batons etc.) (2 C)
>Box of flashbangs. COVER YOUR EYES BEFORE THROWING THEM DUMBASS (4 flashbangs per 7 A)
>EXECUTIONER MARK I - WARDEN MODEL. A collaboration between B, E, J, and X-Company. Automated robot built to patrol the facility and to "motivate unhelpful" employees. (4 C)
>Construct a Training Room. Will provide the bare necessaries to let employees physically train, including weights. (7 A)
>Prototype Equipment. With a shipped PARADIGM and relevant research, U-Company will attempt to create items with similar (but weaker) effects for purchase. May take some time to return the PARADIGM. (1 ICP, variable A cost)

S-4M Augments
>SUIT. SENSORS. ON. Your facility AI will be able to keep track of individual employee health. (5 A)
>Psychological Deconstruction. Employee aspects can be discovered out of work orders. New employees you hire will have their first trait revealed. (12 A)
>Anomaly Analyzer Mk.II. Your facility AI passively determines if a work result is good or bad. Your assistant will also be able to tell if an anomaly can be overworked. (11 A)

Facility:
>Emergency Option. Once per five days, you may elect to call in a X-Company taskforce to help contain a breach to contain a Breach, Invasion, and/or Meltdown. You start with a single call. (8 A)
>Destructive Refining. A special modification to your REFINEMENT cell will increase the chance of getting excess C-Extract. Fatality and incapacitation rates will increase, however. (10 A)
>Risk Matrix Analyzer. You'll get an advanced warning if a containment breach or Invasion is about to happen. (10 A)
>General Reinforcement. A containment cell of your choice will be fixed up and maintained by P-Company engineers to be up to model standards, lowering the chance of a Breach. (5 AE)
>Construct a Room. Build a non-containment cell room of your choice [Dorms, Cafeteria, etc etc]. Will be stocked with appropriate if bare equipment. Disagreement with S-Company has raised the price. (1 per 6 A)
>Construct a Containment Cell. Will contain the bare minimum to keep an anomaly contained (airlocks, energy collectors, reinforced walls, etc.) Disagreement with S-Company has raised the price. (1 per 8 A)
>Acquire a inter-company Fax Machine. Allows communication to other companies for a fee, depending on current relationship to Upper Management and your facility. (13 A)
>Slightly Sterner Stock. Employees from now on have a chance of starting with a basic weapon along with their normal personal belongings. (10 A)

(1/?)
>>
File: DAILY SPECIAL.jpg (19 KB, 263x191)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
Bribery:
>More Choices. Your extensive bribery allows you to get three end shift rewards instead of two. Wow! (1 C, 5 A)
>Precure Favoritism. One or both of your end shift rewards will be a letter grade higher next shift. Honestly? Depends on our mood that morning. (7 A)
>Access Extended Sponsorships. Sponsorships may last for two days or more. They will be harder than usual sponsorships but will offer far better rewards. You may also upgrade regular sponsorships into extended ones. (1C, 8AE)

Misc:
>A mime suit. Shh... (3 C, 10 AE)
>A clown suit. Only for the most robust and outright fearless combatants. Bwoink. (1 C, 5 A)
>Hire a cluwne. God help us. (1 E)
>Acquire a [REDACTED]. (1 PRODUCT)

DAILY SPECIALS!!!
>Beer Vending Machine. Now with more types of bears! (5 A)
>Hire a Misfit Gang. We found these idiots wandering around and we need to get rid of them. Hires a Disposable, Drone, Defective, Former ETF, and Clone. (1 C, 4 A)
>A CAT PLEASE GET RID OF IT N-COMPANY LIED TO US FUCK (1 A)
>A broken coffee machine. Recovered from a D-Company facility. Good luck repairing it, dumbass. (1 C)
>Limited Edition Overseer #1 A-Energy box. Only produced during one shift before the Overseer's death. God bless her. (1 ICP)
>Whale Shark Plushie. It's just cute, you know? (2 A)

FOR THE FATHER ABOVE US
>ROD OF OBEDIENCE. THIS ROD OF SILVER WILL LET YOU RESTRICT AND SUBDUE THE FOUL SINNERS OF THE WORLD. (1 per 5 A.)
>MARTYRDOM IMPLANT. AN EMPLOYEE IMPLANTED MAY BE SACRIFICED TO DELAY BREACHES, INVASIONS, OR MELTDOWNS FOR A LIMITED TIME. (1 per 5 A, 1 C)
>HIRE A HOLY THEOLOGIAN. KNOWS ALL ABOUT FALSE IDOLS AND TRUE SAVIORS. (5 A OR 1 C)
>THE HOLIEST SCRIPTURE. SOME OF YOUR ABERRATIONS MAY BE PLEASED BY IT. (2 A)
>ELIXIR BLESSED BY THE FATHER. INVADERS AND ABBERATIONS LOATHE IT WITH A PASSION. USE THIS TO YOUR ADVANTAGE. (7 A)
>BLESSED CHAINS. WHEN A WORKER FINALLY BREAKS, THIS MAY HELP COLLECT THEMSELVES. STRONG YET STRONGER. (6 A)

A Friend's Help
>Hire Mr. Churchland for a day. I'm always willing to help out a friend. (5 AE)
>Old Martial Arts Tape. "Watched it too much. Don't need it." Choose an employee to watch this tape. They'll be proficient at hand to hand combat. (4 A)
>Container of Condition Killer. "Rids your mind and body of most mundane inflictions. Good enough for two uses." (1 per 7 A)

Rangers Ready to Serve!
>Hire a Ranger. "We are few but we serve to the end". (2 CE, 5 AE)
>A revolver. "We'll bend our price a little bit because you have a Ranger." (1 per 9 A, 1 C)
>A revolver bullet (2 per C-Extract)
>Combat Training. Pick a non ETF or Ranger employee. They will be trained to be more effective in combat. (2 A, 1 C per employee.)

(2/?)
>>
Prepare for Anything!
>Safe Spots. Pick a floor. Several nooks and hidden areas will be hidden for non-combative employees to hide in during a Breach or Invasion. (8 A)
>Gas Masks. Protects an employee from any gas, airborne viruses, etc in the air. Offers no other protection. (2 per 3A)
>HAPPY FUN GAS. Lethal nerve gas. Can be pumped through your facility on your command. (8 A, 1 C)
>NAUGHTY BAD GAS. Non-lethal sleeping gas. Can be pumped through your facility on your command. (8 A)
>Reinforce a Containment Cell. Multiple options are available such as soundproofing, adding armored layers to walls, etc. (Variable A-Energy)

PROGRAMMER'S DIGEST: INTIATE SERIES
>CONSTRUCT AN ANDROID. ADD IN A KEYWORD TO INFLUENCE PERSONALITY MATRIX. (3 A)
>LAST RESORT MODULE. FUTURE ANDROIDS WILL EXPLODE IF FATALLY WOUNDED BY AN ANOMALY. MAY THEY SERVE YOU IN THEIR FINAL MOMENT. (5 A, 1 C)
>REFINEMENT PROTOCAL "FOSTER". FREES THE CHAINS OF REFINEMENT TO ALLOW FOR A WIDER VARIETY OF EFFECTS TO HAPPEN AT INCREASED FREQUENCIES. (15 A, 2 C)
>REFINEMENT PROTOCAL "COLLECTION". ALLOWS THE PIPES TO DIG DEEPER AND DEEPER INTO THE FACILITY. RANDOM ITEMS MAY BE EXTRACTED DURING REFINEMENT. (10 A, 1 C)

A Cure for a Price
>Blueberry Sinsu. Ingesting one will make an employee feel no pain or desire to sleep until it wears off. (1 per 5 A)
>Automatic General Surgeon Model 3-MM4. Tool to assist in a variety of surgeries with inhuman effiency. Comes with a operating manual. (20 A, 3 C)
>Emergency Vial X-49-A. Contains extracted materials from various anomalies. Ingesting it will imbue a user with temporary anomalous might. May have side effects. (1 per 5 A, 3 C, 1 ICP)
>HUMAN ESSENCE EXTRACTOR MODEL "SUPPLEMENT". Extracts all manner of bodily fluids from an employee. May be useful for certain surgeries or for appeasing certain anomalies. (3 C)

Human Resources
>Hire a new employee. (1 A)
>Hire a random Android model. (1 A)
>Hire a Defective Android (2 per A)
>Hire a Disposable. Shortage has impacted our ability to do the 2 for 1 sale. (1 per A)
>Hire an ETF Agent (4 A, 1 C)
>Hire a Janitor. Slightly improves Employee morale when still alive. (3 A)
>Hire a Chef. Slightly increases Anomaly morale on Nurture work. (2 A)
>Hire a Dog. Absolutely adorable. (1 A)
>Hire a Psychologist. Has knowledge on the mind. (5 A)

>Purchase which items?
>Decide who to use the vouchers on (E, O, P, use them on the next android you hire, none?)
>Call someone in for a meeting (Who?)
>Write In.
>>
Oh, and the current leash on the catalogs.

>P-Company Internal Supply, DAILY SPECIALS/SPECIL!!!, A Friend's Help: Permanent
>Rangers Ready to Serve!, Prepare for Anything!: Expires today.
>PROGRAMMER'S DIGEST: INTIATE SERIES, A Cure for a Price: Two days.
>FOR THE FATHER ABOVE US: Three days.

Sorry for the delayed update. There was just a lot to write for the catalogs. Have fun deciding what to buy.

To clarify on the "Variable A-Energy" for Reinforce a Containment Cell it'll cost more depending on how much you want it fortified/upgraded. I'll tell you how much a specific upgrade may cost.
>>
>>5026237
>Y

I want my living employee back in working condition though.

48 AE to work with.

>>5026240
>Security Officer Bundle. Will contain some basic equipment for a security officer to use. (handcuffs, body armor, stun batons etc.) (2 C)
>EXECUTIONER MARK I - WARDEN MODEL. A collaboration between B, E, J, and X-Company. Automated robot built to patrol the facility and to "motivate unhelpful" employees. (4 C)
>Construct a Training Room. Will provide the bare necessaries to let employees physically train, including weights. (7 A)

41 AE

>>5026246
>Hire a cluwne. God help us. (1 E)
>Acquire a [REDACTED]. (1 PRODUCT)

>Beer Vending Machine. Now with more types of bears! (5 A)
>Hire a Misfit Gang. We found these idiots wandering around and we need to get rid of them. Hires a Disposable, Drone, Defective, Former ETF, and Clone. (1 C, 4 A)
>A CAT PLEASE GET RID OF IT N-COMPANY LIED TO US FUCK (1 A)
>A broken coffee machine. Recovered from a D-Company facility. Good luck repairing it, dumbass. (1 C)
>Limited Edition Overseer #1 A-Energy box. Only produced during one shift before the Overseer's death. God bless her. (1 ICP)
>Whale Shark Plushie. It's just cute, you know? (2 A)
>HIRE A HOLY THEOLOGIAN. KNOWS ALL ABOUT FALSE IDOLS AND TRUE SAVIORS. (1 C)
>THE HOLIEST SCRIPTURE. SOME OF YOUR ABERRATIONS MAY BE PLEASED BY IT. (2 A)

27 AE

>>5026255
>Gas Masks. Protects an employee from any gas, airborne viruses, etc in the air. Offers no other protection. (2 per 3A)
>HAPPY FUN GAS. Lethal nerve gas. Can be pumped through your facility on your command. (8 A, 1 C)
>NAUGHTY BAD GAS. Non-lethal sleeping gas. Can be pumped through your facility on your command. (8 A)
>Reinforce a Containment Cell. Multiple options are available such as soundproofing, adding armored layers to walls, etc. (Variable A-Energy) (Sirocco, sandproofing and reinforced)

8AE before Sirocco cell reinforcement.

Assuming that Cell Reinforcement doesn't spend all 8AE, buy Defective Androids until all remaining allotted A-Energy is used. I'm aiming to bank 63 AE after this for the lucky number tism.

>Use the vouchers on (E, O)
>>
>>5026237
>>S-4M's original personality has been reinstalled.
Woo!

>Send the two subjects over?
>Y
The Heart isn't an Anomaly (so no A), isn't willing to work with us, and is destroying the cell it's in.

>It looks away, trying to avoid your gaze.
heh.

>What the hell do some of these companies get out of these sponsorships? Amusement?
I wonder the same thing. If we ever discover some way to create something worth selling, maybe we can ask the other Companies to do silly stuff to earn the right to buy it.
>>
>>5026331
+1
I don't get the defective androids but sure go ahead.

Also im torn between patting you on the back and calling you a schizo about the numbers. We have naughty bad gas already
>>
>>5026240
>3 ICP units
???

>Security Officer Bundle. - 2C
Good for all sort of general purpose work.

>Anomaly Analyzer Mk.II. - 11A

>Construct a Room. Cafeteria - 6A
Apparently the employees have effectively been living off the vending machines all this time. Let's change that; should help morale.

>Access Extended Sponsorships. - 8A, 1C
More options is good.

>>Acquire a [REDACTED]. (1 PRODUCT)
The mystery box, it calls to me. Is 1 PRODUCT 1A, 1C, or something else?

>>A broken coffee machine. - 1C
Yes, please!

>ELIXIR BLESSED BY THE FATHER. - 7A
Good for forcing bad people towards or away from various places.
>>BLESSED CHAINS. - 6A
Let's be honest: K isn't the only one that going to get mindbroken. Better to have the tools on hand for when the times comes.

>>A revolver. - 9A, 1C
I've wanted one for a while, but I feel like we can finally justify it. Does it comes with any ammo to start?

>REFINEMENT PROTOCAL "COLLECTION" - 10A, 1C
Refinement is a fundamental part of what we do. might as well get as much out of it as we can.

>>Blueberry Sinsu. - 5A
Good for emergencies.

>>Hire a new employee. x2 - 2A
Let's get some new blood in here.

>Hire a Defective Android x2 - 1A
>Hire a Disposable. x4 - 4A
We burned through our stock of them yesterday. Fleshies are needed for Flesh's work.

>Hire a Chef. - 2A
For running the cafeteria.

Total:
>70A, 6C
Remaining:
>41A, 5C
>>
>>5026407
ICP energy. The energy you got from A Quiet Day falling apart. That energy.

The revolver starts with two bullets.

Also I will say you don't have PRODUCT. Nor E-Energy. Someone else, in a far different City, does.
>>
Woo! Glad to see you back, Overseer.

>>5026331
+1
>>
>>5026398
I'll be honest, I feel the same way.

It was either the defective androids or disposables, and I ain't paying 1 AE for just one disposable. Plus, I want to try out the defectives.

And did we get the Naughty Gas? I thought we hadn't bought any yet?

>>5026411
We spent an A Energy and C Product for the clown/mime combo in the other quest (I'm still waiting for a return on investment there, I want my clown/mime damnit). I think it's only appropriate that they reciprocate for purchases as well.
>>
>>5026416
You guys considered getting it last shift but agreed to get a ROD OF OBEDIENCE and the ARMOR OF THE FATHER instead.
>>
>>5026411
Oh, that stuff. Thanks.

>>5026416
>and I ain't paying 1 AE for just one disposable.
We need at least a few for Flesh to 'work with'.

>>5026421
And they've already paid for themselves.
>>
>>5026426
Damnit, your right.

>>5026331
Update to the list

>Buy 1 Disposable and the rest Defective Androids after Sirocco's upgraded cell, so long as the A-Energy in the bank doesn't deviate from the goal of 63 AE.
>>
>>5026416
>>5026412
>>5026407
>>5026398
>>5026393
>>5026331
Reminder that when it comes to SS13, flashbangs are OP and lead to swift cuffings. Any fellow sec player will welcome an allied bangerboy with them to check out a suspiciously crowded medbay after the AI saw weird glowing scribbles in that one corner.
>>
Consider:
>CONSTRUCT AN ANDROID. ADD IN A KEYWORD TO INFLUENCE PERSONALITY MATRIX. (3 A)
[[BIG SHOT]]
>>
>>5026237
>Y
>>5026264
If you're not going to numbers autism and want to spend shit, here's my plan.

>1x Psychologist (5A)
>2x Disposable (2A)
>1x Automatic General Surgeon Model 3-MM4 (20 A, 3 C)
>NAUGHTY BAD GAS (8A)
>1x Reinforce Sirocco's Cell (Armored) (Variable)
>1x General Reinforcement (5A)
>1x Combat Training (J) (2 A, 1 C)
>1x THE HOLIEST SCRIPTURE (2 A)
>1x HOLY THEOLOGIAN. (1 C)
>1x A CAT PLEASE GET RID OF IT N-COMPANY LIED TO US FUCK (1 A)
>1x A broken coffee machine (1 C)
>1x Whale Shark Plushie (2 A)
>1x Hire a Misfit Gang. Hires a Disposable, Drone, Defective, Former ETF, and Clone. (1 C, 4 A)
>Slightly Sterner Stock. (10 A)
>1x Beer Vending Machine. (5 A)
>Risk Matrix Analyzer. (10 A)
>Anomaly Analyzer Mk.II. (11 A)
>Psychological Deconstruction. (12 A)
>Construct a Training Room. (7 A)
>Security Officer Bundle. (2 C)
>Use vouchers on O, E
Total Cost
9 C
106 A (+X P-Corp Sirocco Reinforcement)
>>
>>5026470
I'll throw this in too kek but if we get another P I'm smacking you. Assuming we have the AE after P-Corp armors up Sirocco's Cell, anyways.
>>
>>5026477
Please pick the cell you want for General Reinforcement.
>>
>>5026487
Whoops, thought I added that in. Sirocco!
>>
>>5026240
Now, for future planning.

Wishlist for Tomorrow
>Matrix 3A
>Last Resort 5A, 1C
>Foster 15A, 2C
>Collection 10A, 1C
33 A, 4C

>Sinsu 5A per
>Sergeon 20A, 3C
>Supplement 3C
25A, 6C

>Flashbangs 4 per 7A
>Extended Spons 1C, 8A
>Cafeteria 6A
>Fax 13A
>Stock 10A
1C, 44A

>Psychologist 5A
>Chief 2A
>DA 2 per 1A
>D 1-2 per 1A
Around 15A

Daily Special 3-4C, 15A

Total Expenditure
132A, 15C

Probably not going to reach this goalpost, so I’ll refine this later. I’d like to get the Medical and the Robotic stuff tomorrow, as that’ll be the last we’ll see of them in a while. The rest would be nice to have, but can wait as they aren’t on a time limit.
>>
>>5026628
We can drop the Fax and the Stock, maybe the Flashbangs as well, and add an additional Rod, but otherwise I’m quite satisfied here. This won’t be strictly adhered to, but I figured planning out some goals to aim towards is better than blindly fucking around, and I’m sure some other goodies will catch our eye when the catalogs change/update.

Now, since we’re decently decked out in equipment, we should consider a recon en force of the third level, probably sometime next day or the day after that, when we get our flash bangs and our disposable situation sorted out.
>>
>>5026331
I have to admit, I still don't get why you want all those Defective Androids... Wouldn't Disposables be better? At least we can use those on AoF. Hell, full-on Employees would probably be less wasteful.
The lethal nerve gas is also questionable, as we can't exactly use it on whatever's lurking in the 3rd Floor due to the fact it's currently offline, and it's up to random chance if any Invaders are fleshy organics that would be susceptible to it (not to mention the risk of friendly fire even if they are. How are you going to get rid of the gas after the fact anyways?)
The A-Energy box also feels like a trap joke selection, and not the kind with a penis. I have no idea why you'd want to waste a (very precious) ICP on it, as we currently lack a way to consistently generate those.
If you want to keep the number autism, I'd toss the Limited Edition AE Box and replacing Happy Fun Gas with Condition Killer and a regular Employee to make up the 8 AE difference.
>>
>>5026240
>Construct a training room. (7 A)
>Anomaly Analyzer Mk.II. (11 A)
>Emergency Option. (8 A)
>General Reinforcement -> Sirocco's cell. (5 A)
>Fax Machine. (13 A)

>>5026246
>THE HOLIEST SCRIPTURE. (2 A)

48 A energy used, for the magic number 63. Let's do this.
>>
>>5026684
Disposables are only good since they're cheap, and I don't want to pay double for disposable when we can get a regular employee for the same price. Defectives will be for Refining. Plus, we never really tried any before as an option, and with the Last Resort Module, we can employ a Zapp Brannigan maneuver against the Anomalies below us at half the cost.

Lethal nerve gas is in case of an 'oh shit' situation. I'd rather have the option and not need it than need it and not have it.

With the Overseer Box, I assumed it wasn't a joke because of ICP involved, and that it isn't just a box of A-Energy, but something more useful. If that is the case, I agree that purchase would be a waste of ICP.

If anons want, I can drop the Overseer Box and even the nerve gas from the equation, but I would be buying the Psychologist and Chef instead, using the last AE to buy one disposable for AoF Nurture work. Don't think Conditioned Killer is going anywhere, and I'd rather have our specialized employees on our roster than some mundane infliction cure.
>>
>>5026990
I'll support those changes, but I wouldn't write off Condition Killer just yet. Apparently it also helps with mental afflictions, presumably like the one Oneiros tried to inflict on us. That's quite valuable.
>>
>>5026990
>Disposables are only good since they're cheap,
They're also more generally flexible than droids; droids get a debuff to non-tech types of Anomalies, but the reverse isn't true for disposables.
>>
>>5027065
Alrighty.

I'd assume that Oneiros is an anomalous affliction, not a mundane infliction. I'm willing to buy and test one tomorrow, but I assume it'll just take care of headaches and bruises and the like, not anything serious.

>>5026255
Update to >>5026331
Drop
>HAPPY FUN GAS. Lethal nerve gas.
>Limited Edition Overseer #1 A-Energy box.

Add
>Psychologist
>Chef
>1 Disposable

Number tism of 63 A in the bank still applies.

>>5027091
More flexible, sure. But I also assume that they could work in environments that fleshies can't, like say under the sleep gas and such, and if they dies we can scrap the remains for spare parts.
>>
>>5027112
>But I also assume that they could work in environments that fleshies can't, like say under the sleep gas and such, and if they dies we can scrap the remains for spare parts.
Correct. They're robots. Certain things that would mess with a human won't affect them. (sneeze on E all you want, she isn't getting sick)

I'll check back in a few hours but assuming no one changes their mind, I'm locking in OPT8's purchase as the one people want (since two people +1'd it). I would say Sandproofing and Reinforcing Sirocco's cell eats up the 8 AE.
>>
>>5027112
Hmmm. I'm wondering if we should drop the chef to try out some defectives. I don't want to be refining the same people twice in a row.

I'll let the other anons decide.
>>
>>5027148
I honestly think the defectives are a bad idea. Too much risk of losing out on CE for whatever reason during Refinement (which, sure, also extends to Disposables but at least they don't come with an All Interactions Malus, mostly "just" behavior issues). We can use C45P to give W01FY a break from Refining this shift; we did say he wouldn't have to work on Flesh if he did well, even if he ended up being kind of a nonfactor, so there's that fact as well.
Thinking about it, I'd not be *against* using Defectives to have AoF repair itself, but the Last Resort Module would have to be disabled remotely, or else we'd just... blow him up.
>>
>>5027255
>wants to disable the last resort module
>doesn't want a wave of disposable suicide bombers to take care of our problems

On a serious note, I don't know if defectives are a bad idea, as we haven't tried any yet. We already risk our CE with disposable refinement, I don't see how defectives would be any different until we actually test that theory.

Also, in regards to the Last Resort Module, that's only in regards to anomalies. I do wonder if we can disable the module after the fact for androids we'd like to retain.
>>
File: DARKERYETDARKER.jpg (46 KB, 1000x1500)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
Ideas rush through your head about what you want but then you remember. That odd fortune the machine gave you.

With some reluctance ("Never be a cheapskate!" your mom always said), you mark down enough items to spend 48 AE on and no more. Lotta flesh- employees you're adding.

Odd how a plushie costs more than a human life. Though what is a li- no, no. Don't do this philosophical nonsense today, Admin.

After marking off what you want (including most of the stuff on the clown vomit catalog), you lean back in your chair. A nice, good day of fun. You're about to ask S-4M for a cup of coffee to finish off the day.

Then you remember. Drat. Fucker's not online, right.

Being alone with your thoughts. Not something you're used to. Always had a pal to talk to, even if you were never the best at chitchat.

What was that girl's name again? Gill? Jill? Something. Sweet gal. You miss her. Never did know what happened to her.

God. You wish you had someone to talk to.

A ping rings out from the console screen. Weird, did you get a message? You're usually the one who sends one out. Hopefully it's not about an anomaly breaking out behind your back.

01000101: Hello, sir! I wanted to check up on you!
01000101: D-W01FY has finally been subdued. He was trying to bash his skull in ever since you left.
01000101: Something the clown car did? He's fine now. After Zero nearly cracked his skull open.
01000101: Besides that, though? I just wanted to see if you felt better. It's in my nature, ha.
01000101: Get some sleep sir. Z-Company recommends that Administrators need as much sleep as they can get!

You crack a small smile. You almost pity her inability to NOT care for people.

ADMINISTATOR: Understood.
01000101: That username is still bothering me.
ADMINISTATOR: Too lazy to change it. Tired. Good work this shift.
ADMINISTATOR: Make sure A doesn't break anything while I'm asleep.
01000101: Trust me. He's way too busy with a debate with Employee I and N.

You lean back in your chair. Before you even know it, you find yourself slipping into that cold abyss. Hard to tell what's sleep and what's dying for a few minutes.

Suppose there is no difference in the end.

It was going to be a nice, cold oblivion for a few hours before your next shift. Hard to be thoughtless when a god damn clown horn is blaring through your skull.

Bright, neon colors flood the corner of your eyes.

"YOU STOPPED THE CAR BUT YOU DIDN'T KILL THE DREAM, COP! I'LL SEE YOU AROUND LATER TO HAVE A ROMP! HOPE THAT YOUR HEART DOESN'T DROP! UNTIL THEN, PSYCHOPOMP!"

God. Fucking. Damnit. How is that thing even...?

But as quickly as it interrupted your sleep, it disappeared. And then there was nothing. Darker yet darker.
>>
File: BLESSEDBYTHEFATHER.jpg (102 KB, 682x900)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
Pre-Work, Shift 5

All good things must come to an end. No matter how much you toss and turn, your body just won't go back to bed. Damnit.

You sit up in your chair. Still quiet and without that smile on your console screen. Weird, you expected him to be online by now.

Air rushes through the pipes. Something falls out of them. You already know what it is but you need to check something first.

You flip through the cameras. You see the pile of junk you gotten from the catalog stuffed into the storage closet. Resting tall above the rest of the junk is an ancient sword with a handle made out of solid gold.

Looking at it brings a tear to your eye. The pitch black tear stains your cheek. Damnit, why are you crying now?

A and I are kneeling down at the sword. In reverence, you think? You don't think it's a mental hazard like Reminder, though. Though that doesn't really help calm your nerves.

For once, A and I aren't ripping each other at the throat. They're staring in awe at it. Employee N opens the storage room door, probably to get more cleaning supplies.

The old man sees the two employees kneeling down at the sword like it's the Father himself. N scratches his beard, utterly bewildered by the situation. He slowly closes the door without saying a word.

He jabs his thumb at the storage room. You shake the camera in a rough approximation of a "nod". He silently nods before going back to cleaning the halls.

Hopefully this two-bit cargo cult doesn't get any worse.

But first, sponsors. You turn around to grab the sponsorship offers. Let's see what they're offering this time.

C-Company - "Consume, consume, consume until you can't feel the emptiness!"
Let's stop being coy, we wish for you to extract some material from two of your anomalies. Some flesh, blood, scrap metal, anything. Don't skim out, we want a lot. Hope that isn't too hard.
Reward: 7 A-Energy, A sewing kit and three tailor made suits, +Favor with C-Company

B-Company - "Deny. Restrict. Control."
YOUR FACILITY INTERESTS US. ALLOW US TO OBSERVE AND ANANLYZE YOUR EMPLOYEES AND ANOMALIES WITHOUT INTERFERENCE. ALL INFORMATION GATHERED WILL BE KEPT AND/OR SOLD TO INTERESTED PARTIES.

DO NOT HUMOR O-COMPANY'S SPONSORSHIP.
Reward: 5 A-Energy, a case of tracking implants and the required implanter, +Favor with B-Company, -Favor with O-Company

O-Company - "Remember the good old days? O-Company remembers."
Dear Manager, we have a simple request for you. Just for a day, we want it to be like the old days. Back when everything was better. We request that you don't mess around with any mechanical anomalies you have.

Do not take B-Company's sponsorship, please.
Reward: 10 A-Energy, an old pendant and two bags of high-quality coffee grounds, +Favor with O-Company, -Favor with B-Company

Which Sponsors would you like to host for today?
>Write in

(Sorry for the delayed update.)
>>
>>5028891
>O
Coffee! C'mon. One way to reach our hearts is through our stomach, so I suppose that could extend to our taste buds. Gimmie that Robusta blend!

Do we have an blood draw kit in our medical supplies? If so, add C Company's commission to my vote.
>>
>>5028891
>ancient sword with a handle made out of solid gold.
...that wasn't on the purchase order, unless it's THE HOLIEST SCRIPTURE, which I doubt.

Not too enthusiastic with the sponsors today.

C: RBA wouldn't be a problem, but none of the others would be reasonable.
Reminder doesn't have much to give, and we've got something of a fragile ceasefire with him at the moment.
Fortune and Flesh would be damaged by large-scale "sample" taking, hacking them off and likely requiring repairs.
Sirocco isn't physically reachable, and would certainly piss her off to attempt.

B: it doesn't look like it would interrupt, but gives me bad vibes.

O: Fortune would be fine, but Flesh would snap way before the end of the day.

>Who to take, if any?
I'll actually pass on sponsors today. The only one that's workable is B, and 5A is chicken feed for the long term risks involved.
>>
>>5028891
I almost feel like skipping, really. I don't want to start pissing companies off, so really only C-Company is viable. RBA should be easy, he loves a good fight and regenerates quickly. I was thinking Sirocco's sand, but I'm sure we can get Fortune's black tar as a replacement if that fails.

Eh, I'll let you lads decide. Nothing really speaks out to me with this selection.
>>
>>5028895
Your medbay has stuff to keep blood in, not take it out. First aid kits and trauma kits don't usually have syringes. Though you can always punch RBA and collect his blood in a cup or something.

>>5028905
"A BLADE BLESSED BY THE FATHER" doesn't ring a bell?
>>
>>5028905
The Sword of the Father was part of the sponsorship reward for N-Company last shift.
>>
>>5028908
Ah, that explains it. I'd forgotten about the sponsor rewards. Thanks.
>>
Note: One single -Favor isn't going to turn a neutral company into a sworn enemy who wants to erase you. Nor is a single +Favor going to turn a neutral company into a sworn ally who will lick your boots.

Don't be afraid to disappoint someone if you think it's worth it. This isn't going to be a one off case, I'll tell you that much.
>>
>>5028910
Np mate.

>>5028911
When I said that these picks don't really speak to me, I meant it. C's may be the simplest to complete, assuming the black tar and sand (or clown car parts) would complete it, but at the end of the day it's just a couple of suits (even if we clearly need some new threads). B and O's sponsorships are mutually exclusive I assume, but even if they weren't I assume favor would be a net negative for both if we decided to complete both sponsorships. I don't really see what use the takers would be for beyond, what? Some employees we'd like to keep and eye on? RBA when we bring him out to help? To keep track of D-Class personnel (and if we're not getting the spider-heart back, I wouldn't want to waste them on disposables)? It maybe helpful in those specific situations, but I don't really see a general use for them for the moment. The pendant and coffee interest me, but not interacting with mechanical anomalies is a big ask, as I don't know if Art will stay cool with no fresh meat, and we wouldn't be able to get Fortune's tar (the New Employee ritual is a minor thing), and if we take C's sponsorship, we're limited to undoing our work with Reminder or harming the kid if the sand extraction doesn't pan out. I also personally don't want to get in the middle of any company feuds either, and I probably will avoid feud-related sponsorships in the future to reflect that.

Tldr, the rewards aren't worth the trouble, and getting in the middle of company feuds isn't my thing.
>>
>>5028891
>Host C-Company
I'd be interested in taking O-Corp's offer as well, but "don't mess with any mechanical anomalies" will *seriously* cut into our bottom line due to how much AE AoF provides. Doable, especially since we still have a lot of AE in stock, but far from preferable... Thoughts, anyone? The coffee is very tempting.
>>
>>5028905
>Sirocco isn't physically reachable, and would certainly piss her off to attempt.
Just collect a jar of her sand or something. Do it before shift starts while N&Q is still playing/while she's still groggy. Easy.
>>
>>5029048
Well, speaking of A-Energy, making Art wait until his wits end produced a fuckton of energy, so that may be viable. We also haven't tried Nice&Quiet on him, so it's unknown if he would be affected by it. Frankly, I don't know what O Company means by don't mess with mechanical anomalies. Does that mean interacting with in general, or would giving Art meat (our stored meat?) be alright? My main worry is having a breach, which I think will happen regardless of shift end if we don't Nurture him.

The radical solution would be to keep fighting RBA and let Reminder convert somebody to make up the A Energy difference, but A-Energy isn't my concern really.
>>
>>5029084
>Does that mean interacting with in general?
They're basically asking you not to do work orders on them. A work order is "Employee does something to anomaly to fuck with it and produce energy". N&Q or the gas would not count as a work order.
>>
>>5029048
> "don't mess with any mechanical anomalies" will *seriously* cut into our bottom line due to how much AE AoF provides.
It will also mean Flesh will snap on us before the day is out. Which means we'd have to deal with no A and a hacked off butcher.
The coffee is a serious draw, but Flesh alone would put out more than 10A in a few hours while "working".

>>5029061
I've two concerns with that. One is that I'm not entirely certain the sand is part of Sirocco. Remember she moved the screws as deftly as her sand; It's not clear if she's merely manipulating the sand or if it's an extension of her.
>Don't skim out, we want a lot.
Two, this line. How much sand would we need to gather for that to count? Would it count at all, or would they require samples from the cloak or figure? Will she resist? We don't have the means to Force our way through an angry sandstorm if she gets seriously violent.

>>5029084
>We also haven't tried Nice&Quiet on him, so it's unknown if he would be affected by it.
While it's not certain, if N&C works on normal droids, it should work on him.

>or would giving Art meat (our stored meat?) be alright?
Someone would have to be assigned to interact with him, even if the "interaction" entailed them walking into the cell and dropping off a package. Pretty sure that would go against the rules.

>My main worry is having a breach,
Flesh in particular would be bad to have break out; the other anomalies would absolutely kill employees, but they aren't likely to do weird things to the corpses like Flesh would. This would be... very bad for employee morale.
I wonder if we're due for new anomalies soon. The second floor cell is open now with the Heart gone, and Quiet's cell is technically free.
>>
>>5029131
>One is that I'm not entirely certain the sand is part of Sirocco. Remember she moved the screws as deftly as her sand; It's not clear if she's merely manipulating the sand or if it's an extension of her.
Last thread Zero mentioned how Sirocco was small enough to fit entirely in a little glass jar when they first met, and C-Corp just wants "material" from an Anomaly. I think it's safe to say the sand is more closely related to the literal living sandstorm than a cloak that she probably got extraneously (either part of origin or from an R-Corp work order).
Worst comes to worst we can just end the day a little earlier than normal to avoid AoF breaching. We can afford to due, to the stockpile. 4th hour should be just within safe boundaries, especially if we decide to beat up RBA twice this turn.
A point for O-Corp is the old pendant they're throwing in as well, I'm kinda curious about that. Thoughts on our next dept being Research & Development or something similar? Maybe we can begin producing our own EGOs from the Paradigms without needing to spend as much on the pre-existing P-Corp version.
>>
>>5029131
I say we should test N&Q out on Art. If it fails, we can leave a disposable in the general area of the breach and evacuate the floor of useful personnel. I doubt he'll go on a rampage beyond getting his meat, and technically it isn't a work order.

Also, I hope Heart comes back, I was looking forward to exploring her [Altered] aspect.

>>5029172
Maybe we should take all three, if B and O aren't mutually exclusive. I'm fairly curious as to both's catalogs, and both should be doable with Sirocco's sand, yea?

Speaking of departments, Medical, Welfare, and Efficiency would be nice to have, and I think a Human Resources department would be darkly amusing.
>>
>>5028891
>Host O and C-Corp.
Remind me again, are we getting the healbot now or next shift?
>>
>>5029252
Now
>>
>>5029206
>and both should be doable with Sirocco's sand, yea?
no, they won't. O's offer requires not interacting with Flesh, which includes getting him "working material". He will snap before the end of the day if his needs are ignored.
Plus, he generates a bunch of A while working, much more than is being offered. And that's before Fortune's contribution.
>>
>>5029404
I'm more interested in the pendant than anything else. I'm assuming that is the real reward, beyond just the coffee. It's not a pure A-Energy account for taking the sponsorship, as Flesh alone sometimes beats the A-Energy reward with his own production.

I'm just playing devil's advocate though, I still think none of these rewards are really worth the trouble, as in >>5028965. The only thing that interests me is the pendant, but again, with a temperamental Art and shutting down 2/5ths of our A-Energy production, it is a big ask on our part for a pendant, two bags of coffee, and 5 hours of Art's A-Energy alone. It's sort of why I'm hoping the pendant is actually worth a damn.
>>
Lemme count the votes

Skip: OPT (last I checked), UEr
O-Company: PgG, SQ+
C-Company: SQ+, maybe PgG?
B-Company: NO ONE. SHAME.

Tie between Skip and O-Company (and maybe C-Company). If tie isn't broken in a few hours, will probably default to skip.

>>5029206
>Efficiency Department
What, like finding a way to extract more energy? That's the only thing I could think of when it comes to "Efficiency".
>>
ez fix for AoF
just tell him before shift starts to shaddup for this round and then we can send him d's off the records when day end
i am genius
patient and fulfill o-corp demands

In all seriousness though so far the non-energy Company rewards have been pretty solid. I want the shiny and we have enough of a safety net to afford losing AoF income for this round (let's be serious, Fortune produces pennies, the main draw for Fortune is the gacha) if we double down on RBA.
>>
>>5030090
O, C
>>
File: CHOOSEYOURDEATH.png (258 KB, 854x480)
258 KB
258 KB PNG
>O-Company (3 votes for, two for skip)

You were very, VERY much tempted to just skip all three of these. None of them really spoke out to you, ya know? But the coffee.

God damnit. They know your only weakness. Besides that one show you used to watch during breaks. What was it? The BongBong show?

You're getting sidetracked. You mark down O-Company's sponsorship and send it through the "output" pipe. You feel something staring coldly at you despite no one else being here.

Oh well. Can't please everyone.

A familiar smile flickers onto your console screen, with the obnoxiously cheerful and high-pitched voice associated with it. Good ol' S-4M.

"Good morning, sir! Salutations to a wonderful day!...wow, you kinda look like shit. What happened while I was out?"

"Do you seriously not...?" You raise an eyebrow. "You do remember last shift, right?"

"...Barely! Want some coffe-" You glare a hole through the console screen. If you were a bit more spiteful, you might've actually done some damage. The assistant nervously laughs, clearly getting the message.

A fresh cup of coffee rises up from a hole in your desk. You chug it down as quickly as humanly possible. Finally. Some god damn caffeine.

After the jitters of satisfying your withdrawal fade away, you take a moment to regain your composure.

"S-so. A-any new anomalies to, uh, research? Been a while." You wipe away the trickle of coffee (not tar, shockingly) from your mouth. It doesn't take long for another cup to appear. Mine.

"In fact, we do." Your AI assistant buzzes. "Though to give you a heads up, Alpha and Beta are still out on their extraction work. They're probably not coming back for a shift or three."

Drat. Oh well, not like you're working on Fortune.

You access the cameras outside Containment Cell D and Containment Cell G. EFT-γ at G, ETF-δ at D. Cute.

The two men give each other an "all clear" over their PDAS before entering their respective rooms with the typical huge, bulky cube made out of some pitch black material.

They begin to unload their cargo...

(Choose two anomalies.)
>Going for a new record today. Wish me luck. ("This is what he calls a record, huh?" "Weird euphemism, I suppose." "Get the mop already, idiots.")
>Now or never. It's time for me to steal the spotlight. It's SHOWTIME! ("Okay, funny joke, who took my riot club?" "Not me." "Ditto.")
>No, no, don't worry. I'm fine. It's just a nose bleed. I can still work tomorrow. ("You sure we even got the right place? Nothing's wrong here." "That's the issue.")
>I'm begging you! Don't! Please, I just want to see her again! ("Sir? You okay?" "Give me a moment. I need a breather after hearing that.")

Meant to post earlier but I fell asleep at my desk. Don't write at 4 AM while being up for 18 hours, kids.
>>
>>5031024
>Going for a new record today. Wish me luck. ("This is what he calls a record, huh?" "Weird euphemism, I suppose." "Get the mop already, idiots.")
>Now or never. It's time for me to steal the spotlight. It's SHOWTIME! ("Okay, funny joke, who took my riot club?" "Not me." "Ditto.")
Performers show solidarity right? Hopefully less clowns if we entertain one of them, or at least someone close to a clown.
>>
That "IT'S SHOWTIME!" reminds me of this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzSgueybcoQ
>>
>>5031024
>No, no, don't worry. I'm fine. It's just a nose bleed. I can still work tomorrow. ("You sure we even got the right place? Nothing's wrong here." "That's the issue.")
>>
>>5031024
>Mine.
We should look at getting the broken coffee machine working. Presumably using B?

>>No, no, don't worry. I'm fine. It's just a nose bleed. I can still work tomorrow. ("You sure we even got the right place? Nothing's wrong here." "That's the issue.")
A kindred soul?
>>I'm begging you! Don't! Please, I just want to see her again! ("Sir? You okay?" "Give me a moment. I need a breather after hearing that.")
>>
>>5031024
>Nothing's Wrong
AHHHHHHHHH
AHHHHHHHHH
>>
Also, little upset we didn't get C-Corp Contract when it was probably the easiest of them all to fulfill. Really don't see why we avoided it at all, anons. Dumb move.
>>
>>5031024
>>
>>5031024
>>O-Company (3 votes for, two for skip)
Damn it anons. Out of all of them, O is the one that's going to cause us problems. Now we're going to have to deal with Flesh freaking out.
>>
>>5031024
>>
>>5031147
And having a unknown entity viewing our facility with important security information for sale isn't
>>
I just want the quest to survive and escalate to the point where this song is blaring throughout the entire facility the entire workday. The point where every single employee is on point and the fun is over and it's do-or-die time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe3h62MrlPE
>>
>>5031106
Didn't PgG want it as well? I'm fairly confused.

>>5031147
Like I said, ain't worth the trouble. That said, I'm sort of interested in the pendant as the reward option.

>>5031170
Eh. To be fair, B was the easiest sponsorship of the lot, and the trackers could be useful in certain circumstances.
>>
>>5031350
He said only if you guys had a blood drawing kit. I said "you don't" and he didn't respond back. So I assumed he stuck with O-Company.

He can correct me if he wants to but that's how I read his vote. O-Company first, C only if we had that (which we didn't).
>>
>>5031358
>>5028895
"Only if." Otherwise, skip the C part of the vote because we don't have the means to really do the sponsorship.
>>
>>5031427
You know, other than beating the fuck out of American in a work order like he'd love. Seriously, the room was described last time as being absolutely spattered in the shit.
>>
>>5028895
Well lad, what say you? To C, or not to C. That is the question.
>>
>>5031427
>>5031534
No to C. I have two to three IDs from moving around from home to classes to hone again.
>>
>>5031428
C requires samples from 2 Anomalies. RBA is easy enough, but:
Reminder doesn't have much to give, and we've got something of a fragile ceasefire with him at the moment.
Fortune and Flesh would be damaged by large-scale "sample" taking, hacking them off and likely requiring repairs.
Sirocco's sand is dubious as valid samples. If it doesn't count, she isn't physically reachable, and it would certainly piss her off to even try.
>>
>>5031612
Even if it was dubious (aka within the limits of the words, if not the spirit), that would still be good enough, though. Same as when we went to interact with Fortune when that one company wanted us to perform a Work Order on an anomaly.
Actually, rereading C-Corp's request, its even more forgiving; they just want us to extract material from the anomalies in question, "flesh, blood, scrap metal, anything." Key word being anything, as long as it's from an Anomaly.

The sand is a byproduct of Sirocco, or she wouldn't be so much bigger now than the little jar R-Corp first received her from, and on top of everything there's the new anomalies to go through as well.
>>
>>5031612
Actually, Reminder can regenerate as well, so if the Sirocco's sand doesn't count, Reminder won't be permanently harmed.

>>5031621
You make a fairly good point with the sand being apart of Sirocco's material form. If OP is willing to switch my vote, I'd change to C.
>>
File: vib viiiiiibri.png (282 KB, 765x1664)
282 KB
282 KB PNG
>>5031358
>>5031427
>>5031428
>>5031534
>>5031543
>>5031612
>>5031621
>>5031709
OKAY THEN. Switch >>5028895 to O and C. You guys make a good case for blood and sand.
>>
Corporate greed saves the day again, baby!
>>
>>5031804
Hate to break it to you, but that vote closed yesterday.
>>
>>5032010
I'll allow it this once. The shift hasn't started so I'm willing to add a sponsorship if a lot of people changed their mind. I do prefer if people don't do this often, though.

Post soon. Will try speeding up from now on. You're going to hate me.
>>
>>5032019
>You're going to hate me
I'll only hate you if you drop this Quest without a word (and if you take our coffee away from us)
>>
File: WANTTOBEON.jpg (29 KB, 600x600)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
Ah, the all too familiar sound of the cubes creaking open. Another batch of creatures that will certainly be a pain in the ass. Your last ember of hope goes to wishing for another Quiet or Fortune.

You quickly mark down a checkmark on the C-Company sponsor before sending it out.

Chattering Lack of Common Sense has been acquired.
ERROR: ANOMALY CLASSIFACTION FORMAT MISSING. PLEASE INPUT CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM

Star of the Century has been acquired.
ERROR: ANOMALY CLASSIFACTION FORMAT MISSING. PLEASE INPUT CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM

Huh. Bizarre. Is it asking you to make one by yourself? You swear corporate had a system beforehand when you last worked. S-4M did say something about missing the files for it, however.

In Containment Cell D, A sleek and well-maintained TV rests comfortably in the center. A reprieve from all of the rusty reds or drab greys. The dials are polished to a mirror sheen and are just begging to be touched, the antennas stand straight and sturdy, and it's encased in pristine, varnished oak (real oak! must've cost a small fortune). The TV is currently set to a soft and gentle static. Shocking, considering it isn't even plugged in.

δ whistles. Even someone as brutish and simple as him can appreciate it. He exits the containment cell with the now empty box.

In Containment Cell G, ETF-γ opens up the cube to reveal nothing. Wait, nothing? No movement, no noise, nothing? A nervous laugh bubbles out of your throat, an air bubble popping out of tar. You know that there should be something here.

ETF-γ quickly scans the room to make sure he didn't miss something before pulling out his PDA.

ETF-γ --> Administrator
ETF-γ: Sir. I promise you, the anomaly shouldn't have gotten out. I know I catch something.
ADMINISTATOR: Calm down. Do you have a visual description of the anomaly?
ETF-γ: You couldn't miss her, sir. Her outfit makes her stand out a LOT. The stars on it stick out like a sore thumb.
ADMINISTATOR: Until we can locate the anomaly, stay in the containment cell. This may be an attempt by the anomaly to escape.
ETF-γ: Yes sir.
ETF-γ: It's probably just playing a trick on us. Not the first time an anomaly has done that to me.
ADMINISTATOR: Unsurprising. Understand your duty, agent.
ADMINISTATOR: Unusual, though.

You don't hear any breach alarms blaring throughout the facility. You go to grab your cup of coffee, right next to your...what's this?

You take a closer look. A container of ice cream resting right on your desk. Coffee flavor. You're pretty sure you didn't see this on your desk before.

Suspicious timing as well. What do?

>Open it. Might help your mood.
>Don't open it. Get someone to take it to storage.
>Give it to an employee. They deserve a treat. (Who?)
>[HOPELESS WRECK] What's the point of coffee without caffeine? Throw it away. Useless.
>[BOUND BY DUTY] Don't touch it. Slowly back away to see if it's a trap.
>Write in
>>
>>5032286
>[BOUND BY DUTY] Don't touch it. Slowly back away to see if it's a trap
That's suspicious
>>
>>5032286
Coffee ice cream doesn't have caffeine?
>>
>>5032286

>"S4m have I finally gone senile or did ice cream appear on the table"
>>
>>5032286
I have a proposition for organization system.

>Rowdy minimal danger and expense Ie fortune

>Rancourus Can cause direct death ie AOF

>RAGING BITCH Will btfo out of you your neighbor and your grandma if given the chance

Feel free to reword this as you please
>>
>>5032286
Can't let pranksters take control of the situation. Go tsuntsun. Even if they push the boundaries you set, at least you're not operating on their terms.
>[HOPELESS WRECK] What's the point of coffee without caffeine? Throw it away. Useless.
>In as bored a tone as possible, announce over the intercom the potential breakout of a new anomaly. All Employees are to report the location of and avoid interacting with unfamiliar objects that are in places they don't belong. They must also travel in pairs until further notice.
>Then continue with the morning spiel. "Be productive, stay safe, yadda yadda."
>>
>>5032352
+1
>>
>>5032286
>In Containment Cell D, A sleek and well-maintained TV rests comfortably in the center.
Shame we can't interact with it at all today.

Admin is an old hand.
It's alarming that an anomaly could reach out and interact with us front inside a containment cell to our office.
>>
>>5032286
>Don't open it. Get someone to take it to storage.

Honestly, it may just be related to the lucky number autism.

The TV doesn't classify as mechanical, right?
>>
>>5032286
Proposed Anomaly Classification Format

It's pretty straightforward, all things considered. Boring, too. Thankfully, that makes it easy to understand... I hope! My primary complaint is that it's kinda clunky and doesn't roll off the tongue.

[TYPE]/[CLASS]/[THREAT]/[INFLUENCE]

Type: Refers to whether an anomaly is Living or Inanimate. Not much else to say. Maybe we'll encounter whack as fuck Anomalies that don't fall under either category one day, and then we can make more.

Class: Determines an Anomaly's behavior.
[DECOMMISSIONED] - Used for Anomalies which are no longer with us, whether they've been shipped off to bother someone else or have moved on. For all intents and purposes, they're "dead."
[CLASS A] - Either entirely non-hostile or cannot actually breach. Examples are Fortune and Quiet Day before it was decommissioned.
[CLASS B] - Anomalies that are typically cooperative and/or non-hostile unless provoked. Might be able to breach, but under normal circumstances will not actively attempt to. Examples include Reminder (tentatively) and Art of Flesh. LobCorp's Red Riding Hood and Queen of Hatred fall under this.
[CLASS C] - Aggressive or otherwise annoying anomalies that can still be reasoned with or kept contained of their own will. RBA and Sirocco.
[CLASS X] - Anomalies that will attempt to force a Breach and cannot be negotiated with/have an actively antagonistic relationship with the facility (can be downgraded to Three if this changes). LobCorp examples would be Melting Love or Singing Machine. They want to kill you.

Threat: Pretty self explanatory. Describes how much damage an anomaly can inflict.

[0] - Actively benefits the facility/as close to harmless as an anomaly can get. Basically ZAYIN, except it only includes Anomalies that usually won't fuck you over (unlike We Can Change Anything and Don't Touch Me).
[1] - Won't be much trouble unless you're incompetent or inexperienced. Annoying ZAYIN to low TETH.
[2] - Will leave a few bruises and have you work up a good sweat. Bring backup if you need it. TETH equivalent.
[3] - Will require organized squads and full gear to safely handle. High TETH and low to mid-tier WAW.
[4] - Serious chance of wiping out our best guys. Pray the day ends before it gets to you. High-end WAW equivalent.
[5] - Why in the flying fuck is this with us and not with X-, R, or D-Corp? ALEPH equivalent.

Influence: Refers to how an anomaly interacts with Employees and the world, whether it be through physical force or by way of the mind and soul.

Physical - It'll beat the tar out of you. Influences the world through hitting hard. A real personal touch.
Mental - It mindfucks you. Influences the world through the mind or soul.
Mixed - A real Renaissance man that'll do both.
Esoteric - Whack ass shit that doesn't fall under any category, like Fortune's destiny manipulation or whatever the fuck it does.
>>
>>5032520
You're asking if a television, a machine, is mechanical or not. Yeah, it is one.
>>
>>5032664
Oh, by the way, I'm SQ+. At my college library right now.
Anyways, in practice the system would look something like this:
RBA - Living/C/3/Phys
Fortune - Inanimate/A/0/Eso
Sirocco - Living/C/2/Phys
Reminder - Living/B/2/Mental

LobCorp examples, for fun:
Red Riding Hood - Living/B/3/Phys
CENSORED - Living/X/5/Mixed
Apocalypse Bird - Why even bother, we're already dead.
>>
>>5032664
I'll back this setup. A bit more granular than, say, SCP classification, but also easier to understand IMO. I can imagine that typically we'll only have to really bother remembering Class and Threat- the rest is organizational extra.

That said, I haven't played Lobotomy Corp so all the acronyms and whatnot don't really resonate with me, that just kinda muddled the descriptions up. Just a soft critique.
>>
File: vib KILL.png (93 KB, 376x566)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
>>5032354
Rabbit. Docile and not very dangerous.
Rowdy. Can kill or seriously main. Moderate danger, but is easily containable or does not breach often.
Rager. Actively seeks to breach and is difficult to contain.
Rampaging. AAAAAAAAA-

So Fortune would be R and RBA would be RRR. It's like alcohol strength and XXX.
>>
>>5032664
This is a very well thought out system, I approve.
It is, however, rather clunky. Something that doesn't need a key to understand would be nice as a shorthand, with this as the detailed breakdown.

The most important info-at-a-glance is the aggression level and the potential risk it poses (aside from it's mental state). Hijacking your class and threat, we can shorthand as "Letters are aggression, numbers are escape/injury risk. Lower is safer."
>>
>>5032737
Something like that would be good, yeah.
>>
>>5032737
>>5032704
Yeah, the Class/Threat system is the key part of it. Just wish I was more creative with names, but I guess this kind of cut-and-dry bookkeeping fits with Admin's weird mix of spite and professionalism.
>>
>>5032820
We can go for a mythos vibe, name it after certain Greek Gods or the like. Hephaestus (Heph) could be mechanical related, Ares combat related, etc.

We could also just rip off the Worm power classifications, like Shaker #, Breaker #, Mover #, etc, and give it a general designation to denote hostility and relative powerlevel. It would be better than just giving off a bunch of letters and numbers. Make it more streamlined than clunky.
>>
>>5032820
>Just wish I was more creative with names,
We could expand the letters out to names easily enough: "Adam", "Billy", "Charles", or whatever. Maybe use some mythic or famous names.
The numbers are a little harder to play with this way; we could try running reverse alphabet, with 'Z' being the lowest escape/injury risk. From there, we could pretty easily come up with names.

As long as we work from a simple core, we can add and remove flavor as desired while still keeping things readable without too much work.
>>
If we get the spider-heart back, I'm changing the nickname to Lovecraft.
>>
File: STARTIME.jpg (113 KB, 564x827)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
You very, VERY slowly back up from the container. A few lines from a long since obsolete manual flicker in your head.

"Never touch with unfamiliar objects that you don't recall being there. Attempt to identify if it belongs to another employee first. If not, attempt to..."

Of course you forget when the info is important.

"S-4M. D-Did you deliver this to me while I w-wasn't looking? Am I finally getting my brain melted?" You wipe away at your mouth.

S-4M's face flickers onto the screen. He glances at the container, then at you, then at the container. "Nice gift. Dunno who gave you it! It was nice of them, wasn't it?"

Okay. There's only two reasons this could be here and only one of them is good. Well, as good as "anomaly being able to puncture your safe space" can be.

Nothing happens for the next few minutes as you push your back against the nearest wall. You take a deep breath in and out. Okay, stop being a coward, you need to get this thing out somehow.

"If you are an anomalous entity, identify yourself! If you're not, then I guess I'm yelling at an ice cream container." Father Above, you're making an ass of yourself.

The ice cream container violently shakes on your desk. A foul brown liquid flows out of the container. Okay, permission to panic, Admin? PERMISSION GRANTED!

Without any better option, you yank off one of your shoes and toss it at the container to hopefully knock it away.

The shoe sails through thin air.

The worn down shoe clatters on the ground. You slowly approach where the container used to be and wave your hand near where it was at. Nothing.

You quickly sit down to look at Containment Cell G . ETF-γ slowly backs away from the center of the room. You were going to ask him what's wr-

https://youtu.be/vyl5_CQW8N4

A plume of smoke rises up from the floor. An odd, jazzy sound buzzes throughout the speakers of the room. An entrance song? A blur of silver swings through the smoke. The smoke slowly begins to fade.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Hold your applause! I wish to welcome you to the greatest star in the history of this City. Behold!"

A woman's voice. Loud and boastful, clearly trying to grab your attention. Every word echoes twice or so through the cell before finally fading.

In the center of the room stands a glowing figure dressed in a flashy and overly detailed purple magician's outfit, with stars coating everything from the shoes to the hat. A silver cane is gripped tightly in it's hands.

As the figure moves, you note how it's body is made out of tiny star-like fragments barely held in a humanoid form.

"Did I scare you? The look on your face was simply priceless, sir." It points it's cane at your camera. ETF-γ exits the cell while it's focused on you.

"Hope the other audience members are far more receptive to my performance!" Bravado oozes out from every word it speaks.

Hoo boy. What have you gotten yourself into?
>>
File: AFAMILIARSMELL.jpg (79 KB, 900x755)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
Employee A2, G2, O2, S, T, U, and V have arrived.
ETF-[ENTRY NOT FOUND] have arrived.
D-K02215 and D-9UMI have arrived.

Oh, neat. They're here.

You find S and U easily enough. A pale skinned nurse (S) with off-putting red eyes is chatting up with E about Z-Company. Nothing that you would really bother paying attention to.

A gruff, bearded man (U) wearing a priest's outfit is having an oddly civil discussion with A about something you have no context about. Something about a psalm? Employee I groans at the two's debate.

The chef (V) and the shrink (G2) are having a discussion in the dorms about what's on V's mind. D-9UMI is in the disposable dorms, like the others.

Then you see it. ETF-γ has just placed down another box that's pretty similar looking to the one that they use to contain anomalies. He types a small code on the side of it, which causes the box to open up.

https://youtu.be/8z3rNixkKLU

Five figures pile out of the cube, disoriented. The first one to stand up is an exhausted woman with heavy bags under her eyes, wearing a suit that's almost identical to yours. She grips a cup of coffee in her hands and sips from it.

A2: Alright, who's not dead? Sound off.

A drone sits up. A piece of paper with a "=)" is taped on it's face. It's outfit is in tatters, barely held together. It speaks out in a monotone yet feminine tone.

T: Unit is still operational.
A2: Well, if the skinsuit is alive, then the others should be.
T: Indeed.
O2: H-Hey! D-don't forget about me!

An android made out of some sort of bronze sits up, glasses taped to his face. He's quickly followed by a man with a bar-code on his forehead. His outfit is a torn suit that is clearly a size too big for him instead of the usual orange jumpsuit.

D-K02215: No one could forget about you. Mostly because you keep whining.
O2: W-well, that's very rude of you!
T: Disposable is correct, however.
O2: Y-yeesh. E-even Talon's being mean today.
A2: She's always like that.
T: Correct.
D-K02215: Hey, where's the other one? Thought she was here with us.
A2: Probably still sleeping if I had to guess. Fucking snorer.
A2: Oh, no wait, she's over there.
O2: O-oh.

You pan the camera. A woman wearing an ETF outfit (though out of date compared to your ETFs) with her face and hands completely wrapped up in bandages, leaving only her left eye exposed, reaches a hand out to ETF-γ. The two shake hands

ETF-γ: Didn't think we would ever have an old timer like you coming up here. The hell happened to you?
ETF-O: Long story. Don't want to talk.
ETF-γ: Right. Say, we got to take your D over to the disposable do-
ETF-O: He's with us.
O2: Y-yeah! You can't take him away! H-He's part of our group!
ETF-γ: Look, it's...eugh. Nevermind. The boss can deal with this.

Eh. Seems like more hassle than it's worth, especially if four other people are watching him. You'll dwell on it for now, though.
>>
>>5033734
>overly detailed purple magician's outfit,
Aw Hell. A stage magician? He's going to be hell to keep contained, as he's already shown.

>>5033737
>box that's pretty similar looking to the one that they use to contain anomalies.
>wearing a suit that's almost identical to yours.
hmm...
We haven't run off the end of the alphabet yet. I wonder what the deal is with the -2 series, and why all the Misfits aren't all -2 names...
>>
File: EXECUTIONER.png (104 KB, 310x459)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
As for the rest of the facility?

Employee M is currently keeping a patrol route around the second floor, ordering Zero and ETF-δ to keep an eye out for anyone who might try entering. The two half-heartedly follow her commands (with δ clearly bored out of his skull.)

Sitting in the newly constructed training room is a robot with a bulky frame slowly wandering the training room. It's eyes swivel around in it's skull, keeping an eye on anything that might move. The giant spike for an arm certainly makes it pretty intimidating.

Employee L is keeping an eye out on K's wounds while the two nurses share information about each other. You note that L has the whale shark plushie you ordered gripped tightly in her arms with a wide, toothy smile on her face (you count more than 40 teeth, at least.)

You see that there's a pile of junk resting in the storage room, including that broken coffee machine and another set of gas masks, along with the other junk you bought.

Fortune for a Price and Chattering Lack of Common Sense sit motionlessly in their cell. What else would they do? The only thing to note is that a wrapped up gift box sits in front of Fortune.

A single fortune rests carefully on the top of it.
ANOMALY: "Take this, for your obedience. It shall not breach the agreement from the old fashioned ones."

The Art of Flesh is busy carefully wiping down his cooking equipment with a rag. A small, content smile rests on the android's face.

Red Blooded American leans against the back of his containment cell. With one of the sharp claws on his hands, he has carved in three notches on the nearby wall. He stretches and yawns, muttering about "he shouldn't need to cross it out".

A Reminder of a Horrid Era stares vacantly at the containment airlock with a off-putting smile on his face. You shiver at the mere sight of it. You're not sure what's up with him at all.

Sirocco has woken up. She's prodding her reinforced cell with a mix of curiosity and confusion, like she's not sure how it has been reinforced or repaired without her noticing. Too busy doing that to do anything harmful, thankfully.

Star of the Century is busy spinning it's cane around, clearly trying to practice for some sort of trick with it. You're not sure what kind, though. It winks at the camera when it notices you watching it.

You keep in mind your C-Company sponsorship.

>New Work Order type unlocked: Extraction. The employee will attempt to extract byproducts and other materials from the selected anomaly. Some anomalies may not be willing to have someone so close to their personal space, however.
>Some traits will be updated.
>New Work Order for RBA unlocked: Brawl. A brutal fight between man and anomaly. Produces a lot of energy but may lead to severe injury or death to the employee, though it will cheer up the anomaly. Influenced mostly by Force and Stamina.
>>
>>5033755
>Sitting in the newly constructed training room is a robot with a bulky frame slowly wandering the training room. It's eyes swivel around in it's skull, keeping an eye on anything that might move. The giant spike for an arm certainly makes it pretty intimidating.
He'll need a name. Spike? I suck at naming things.

>with a wide, toothy smile on her face (you count more than 40 teeth, at least.)
L, or the plushie?

>She's prodding her reinforced cell with a mix of curiosity and confusion, like she's not sure how it has been reinforced or repaired without her noticing.
That's good to know, though it looks like it was at least partially dependant on knocking her out beforehand. N&C shouldn't work on mechanicals; but that's a problem for another day.

>>New Work Order type unlocked: Extraction.
Interesting. Does this include Fortune's fortunes and Flesh's flesh?
Or is this a short term thing for the sponsorship only?

>>New Work Order for RBA unlocked: Brawl.
Heh. Delta enjoys it immensely, but I wonder if anyone else is interested in giving it a go?
>>
First Moves, Shift 5
QUOTA: 0/21 C-Extract Refined
A-Energy: 63 units, 0/hour
ICP-Energy: 3 units
C-Extract: 3 units

SPONSORSHIPS:
>C-Company: Extract material from two of your anomalies. Current count: 0
>O-Company: Do not interact with the following anomalies: Fortune for a Price, The Art of Flesh, Chattering Lack of Common Sense

INTERACTIONS [1 Hour Each]:

LIVING
>Anomalies: A Reminder of a Horrid Era, Red Blooded American, Sirocco, Star of the Century
>Assign Employee (What work type? Any specific instructions? To which anomaly? etc etc)

INANIMATE [DISALLOWED]
>Anomalies: Fortune for a Price, The Art of Flesh, Chattering Lack of Common Sense
>Assign Employee (What work type? Any specific instructions? To which anomaly? etc etc)

MISC
>Facility: REFINEMENT ROOM, Elevator to the 3nd Floor (unexplored, no current data available), Unleash the Beast (costs 6 A-Energy to activate)
>S-4M: Anomaly Analyzation (Which anomaly? For how long?)
>Assign Employee (Where to? Any specific instructions? How many?)

EQUIPMENT
Weapons:
>Riot Clubs and Combat Knives (used by ETF Agents, grants +1 FORCE dice and a reroll per encounter),
>ROD OF OBEDIENCE (+1 FORCE dice, Subdue++. Unassigned.)
>Surplus Knife and Surplus Club (May add +1 to two FORCE dice. Unassigned.)
>BLESSED BLADE (+???)
>Stun Baton (+1 FORCE dice, weakens an opponent on a success. Current count: 2)

Armor:
>ARMOR OF THE FATHER (Physical Protection++, may block some attacks, FORCE-, unassigned)
>Stab Resistant Vest (Physical Protection+, one is assigned to Employee M. Current count: 3)
>Weather Resistant Protective Gear (resists sand, rain, and mild heat. Assigned to whoever works on Sirocco)
>Gas Masks (Protects against gas based attacks. Currently have four of them. Unassigned)

PARADIGMs
>AWAKE FROM YOUR NIGHTMARE (Equipped back to I by I)
POWERFUL (Regenerates equipper morale rapidly but lowers morale of nearby employees)
INTIMIDATING (Presence++, Force+, Anger Risk+)
??? (???)
>OLD WORLD BLUES (Unassigned)
COMFORTING (Stamina+, regenerates Stamina, Willpower and Work Ethic-)
SILENT (Presence--, hard to detect on your cameras?)
??? (???)

CONSOLE COMMANDS
>View cameras in which rooms? (Write in)
>Broadcast an announcement over the intercom system (Write in)
>Manage Employee roster and Departments. (Security currently has no members. Write in)
>Edit anomaly dossiers and logs (Write in)
>Message an Employee PDA. (Write in)
>Call an Employee in (Who?) .
>Leave the office.
>End the workday (Enters Downtime/Upgrade phase)

>Write in
>>
>>5033763
>L, or the plushie?
L.
>Does this include Fortune's fortunes and Flesh's flesh
Extraction may not work on certain anomalies (you couldn't extract stuff from a phone). Attempting to get a lot of fortunes at once or to force tar out of Fortune would count as Extraction, however.
>Is this a short time thing for the sponsorship only?
It started because of the sponsor but nothing's stopping you from doing it after the fact.

Thought it would be easier to add in a new work order type since "draining Reminder of what little blood, if any, he has" doesn't really fit into any of the current work orders types. Pastebin will be updated shortly.
>>
>>5033770
Righto, back into it. Lots' to do, let's get going.

>Living:
>U to confess sins to Reminder
Let's start off fun. Hopefully U is even-keeled enough to not explode like I tends to.
>Red Blooded American
Put out a question to everyone except Delta about desire to try fighting RBA. If no one answers, let Delta go in.
>S to Nurture Sirocco
Nurses are usually female, so this is as good as any to see how thing shake out. If S isn't female, send Zero instead.
>A to Observe Star
A is great at observing; let's see how an initial interaction goes.

Assorted:
>Send any free employee to retrieve Fortune's gift. Thank him before leaving.
>Assign Spike to M
She's sec head, his role is security, seems pretty cut and dry.
>Talk to A2 about her motley little crew; why they were offered for sale, why they came as a package deal, any skills or quirks worth knowing.
>D-K02215 is tentatively allowed to stay outside of the D-Dorms.
If he proves integrat to the misfits, he'll likely need a semi-formal nickname to keep him from accidentally being refined or Flesh'd or something.
>ETF-O to E to get checked over for whatever is going on with all the bandages.

>>5033773
cool, thanks for clearing that up.
>>
>>5033734
I wonder if the "star" part of Star of the Century can also mean porn star because I'd be more than fine with her working some magic in the bedroom :^)
>>
>>5033770
Living
>M, Sirocco, Wear Old World Blues, Extract Sand
I'm curious if we can remain hidden wearing OWB.
>U, confess sins to Reminder
>A, A2, Observe Star
>Brawl, tell N to put a tarp down first. Put out a question to everyone except Delta about desire to try fighting RBA, and let them know the risks involved. Whoever answers, they are allowed any equipment they deem necessary to have. If no one answers, let Delta go in. Have I and other backup around to intervene if it becomes necessary to preserve the employee's life.
We can send in Disposables if it becomes necessary.

MISC
>Overseer, grab Fortune's gift
>Assign Spike to M, have M give us a report on personnel candidates for her department.
>Talk to A2 about her motley little crew; why they were offered for sale, why they came as a package deal, any skills or quirks worth knowing.
>If D-K02215 (K0) and the Misfits can follow orders and not cause trouble, then he is allowed to stick with them for the foreseeable future.
>G2, give a physiological evaluation on C and K
>V, investigate Art's meals, don't taste or eat.
>Overseer, Observe D-9UMI
>>
Damnit, told you all to throw the icecream in the trash.
>Announce over the intercom new safety procedures. All Employees are to report the location of and avoid interacting with unfamiliar objects that are in places they don't belong, all that good stuff.
>Then continue with the morning spiel. "Be productive, stay safe, yadda yadda."
>Send an alert to the relevant PDAs. The new stooges can keep their D-Class if they don't act up, but you'd recommend having him renamed if he's not too attached to his ID. Might slip up one of these days.
MISC
>Overseer, grab Fortune's gift
>Assign Spike to M, have M give us a report on personnel candidates for her department.
>If D-K02215 (K0) and the Misfits can follow orders and not cause trouble, then he is allowed to stick with them for the foreseeable future.
>Overseer, Observe D-9UMI

LIVING
>M, Sirocco, Wear Old World Blues, Extract Sand
>U, confess sins to Reminder
>A, A2, Observe Star
>Brawl, tell N to put a tarp down first. Put out a question to everyone except Delta about desire to try fighting RBA, and let them know the risks involved. Whoever answers, they are allowed any equipment they deem necessary to have EXCEPT FOR PARADIGMS, WHICH REQUIRE A REQUEST OR MUST BE APPROVED IN ORDERS. If no one answers, let Delta go in AFTER HE HAS RECEIVED A CHECKUP FROM THE MEDICAL STAFF. Have I and other backup around to intervene if it becomes necessary to preserve the employee's life.
>Afterwards, give Reminder a calendar or sheet of paper. You don't want him scratching up the walls, that's kind of pitiful.

Added some extra stuff. And can't forget morning announcements!
>>
>>5033828
Oh, and just to make things more efficient.
MISC
>Have B start repairing the coffee machine.
>Announce that henceforth, all Employees are required to put in at least 1 hour of exercise per day in the Training Room. Injured or otherwise incapable Employees are exempt unless the docs say they're fine. And don't start fighting over who gets to put on workout music or you're all listening to smooth jazz.

Gotta get these layabouts to start getting /fit/.
>>
>>5033815
>>Overseer, grab Fortune's gift
Fortune is about as safe as they come, but it still puts the Admin in a cell with an Anomaly. IIRC, this would be the first time.

>tell N to put a tarp down first.
I'd worry about RBA cracking his skull. It may be more prudent to send in a clean-up crew afterword to scrape what we need off the walls and floor.

good additions.

>>5033828
>Announce over the intercom new safety procedures. All Employees are to report the location of and avoid interacting with unfamiliar objects that are in places they don't belong, all that good stuff.
Good idea, though we may get a fair few false positives int he public areas.
> EXCEPT FOR PARADIGMS, WHICH REQUIRE A REQUEST OR MUST BE APPROVED IN ORDERS.
Good idea. Once we get some more PARADIGMS, we should set some default orders around them, such as default checkout times and rules of release.

>>5033840
>Have B start repairing the coffee machine.
I knew I was forgetting something!
>>
>>5033815
Wait, sorry, just caught this--why are you asking a Psychologist to give a physical exam? I think you meant for G2 to give C and K a psychological exam or something instead, since a check-up would be the one of the nurses' responsibilities.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.