[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 29 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: View Of Low Town.png (3 KB, 510x180)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
This dead, post-apocalyptic world kinda sucks. People dyin' all over the place, a lack of the most basic supplies. Hell, some people have just gone and lost every drop of hope in their bodies what with all the nastiness and horror. Not you, though. You had a mission. Form the most kickass, no-holds-barred gang this side of Wakerplain.

Since you set about your goal, you've had a little success. You recruited a genuinely horrendous-smelling hobo called Jocko, and encountered a few troublesome individuals. A nice new set of blue armour made it worth the trouble though, and you ended up with some directions to the nearby Low Town. Time will only tell what that place holds in store for you!
>>
File: Inventory.png (8 KB, 864x288)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
(Apologies for the long delay between threads. My computer was totally fucked so I'm basically working with what I could salvage here.)

Previous Thread: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/4907642

(First proper post will be up very soon!)
>>
>>4996613
If you tie the knife to one end of the crowbar using the rope, you'll have a ghetto spear.
>>
>he's actually back
welcome back QM, holy shit
>>
File: LowTownEntranceDark.png (3 KB, 592x200)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>4996623
Glad to see some people are still interested! Apologies for the super duper long delay. I didn't expect my PC to just bork itself but whaddaya know?
>>4996613
Finishing off your rather bland celebratory meal with Jocko, you approach the open side of Low Town. It's dark enough now that the stand-out points of the town are able to be easily noted, as roaring fires surround them to illuminate the place. The thick, wire-mesh fence surrounding the majority of the area doesn't look like much, but it's better than no defence at all, you surmise.

A man dressed in a considerably tight crop-top composed of various animal leathers and a pair of latex shorts stops you before you can enter the town proper.

"Got business in Low Town, travellers? Have to ask everyone. Safety reasons and such."

He... doesn't look armed. At least not from first impressions. Glancing over his shoulder, you can see that the town is fairly active despite the time of day, with all types of colourful and curious individuals roaming around. You crack a small smirk as you notice a fight breaking out between two residents, only for one to smash a bottle over the other's head and declare himself the victor.

What do you want to do?

>Perform violence upon the guard
>Have a quick chat with him
>Use Jocko's latent stench-energy to ward off this nuisance
>Ask him if he knows Kirby
>>
>>4996620
The "rope" is actually your staff! Apologies if the drawings are a little unclear. However, if you do find rope, it's certainly worth considering.
>>
>>4996651

Have you considered putting black outlines on items in the inventory? It could improve visibility a lot.
>>
>>4996651
>>Perform violence upon the guard
>>
>>4996651

Welcome back, man!
>>
>>4996651
>Have a quick chat with him, and then ask him about kirby

God damn man, I thought that you were killed, how did your computer shit in his diappers?
>>
File: LowTownEntranceDark.png (4 KB, 592x200)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>4997142
It was a gradual thing that I shoulda taken the computer to be fixed about. Totally borked itself once I moved house, I think it got damaged in transit.
>>4996929
>>4996674

Turning your focus back to the guard in front of you, you tell him about how you were informed of the existence of this settlement, and that you don't really have any ill intent. He asks who it was that told you, and the mention of Kirby is enough for the guard to shake his head and lean against the thick metal fencepole with a disdainful expression. His tired eyes tell an entire tale with that man, clearly.

"Kirby's always been goddamn trouble, but I never expected he'd actually manage to murder some hapless fucker. As if we ain't got enough issues around here. I'm just glad you didn't kill him like half of us would've if he pulled that shit. If you wanna break the news to his family that he's a no-good fuckabout, although I hardly think they'll find that a surprise, you can usually find em' in one of the tents near the bar. You can enter town, by the way."

The guard steps aside and points towards a sturdy-looking wooden notice board dug into the sand. It has a crude map of the town on it, showing the important parts for travellers and traders. "Should help you fix your head on around here" is his comment.

>Further converse with the guard (Social - 1d100)

>Head to one of the notable parts of town

>Go and find Kirby Kolmatic's family

>Other (Write In)
>>
File: Low Town Map.png (104 KB, 600x600)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
>>4997307
LOW TOWN - MAP BY T.K.

X = RESIDENCES / CAMPS
1 = CHIEF EYANOSA'S PLACE
2 = FOOD MARKET HUT
3 = THE WILD BULL BAR
4 = LOW RIDER HQ (A symbol of the Low Riders has been drawn on the map, clearly much later)
>>
>>4997307
>Further converse with the guard (Social - 1d100)
Tell him we can turn citrus fruits into grenades and ask if they have any.
>>
>>4997316
Remember to roll!
>>
Rolled 65 (1d100)

>>4997307
>>4997316
I'll just roll for him!
>>
Rolled 63 (1d100)

>>4997848
>>4998104
I'm used to rolling after the voting is done, lol.
>>
File: Oilson McDougall.png (3 KB, 320x320)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>4998399
>>4998104
>>4997848
Social: 65 - 10 from Weirdo = 55

While conversing, you also get a better look at the guard's face.

"Hey, did you know I can turn some fruit into bombs. It's a magic thing. I need like... lemons and limes and shit. Do you have any here?"

"Uh... I mean. There's Danny Sourpuss, he loves any and all sour foods. So I imagine he might have some citrus stuff. Other than that, can't help you."

>Head to a location in town
>Go and find Kirby's family
>Look around for Danny Sourpuss
>Other (Write In)
>>
>>4998420

welcome back QM!
>>
>>4998420
GRENADES
>>
>>4998454
>>4998449
The decision is made to try and get your hands on some fruity firepower by tracking down this "Danny Sourpuss" dude.

The guard describes him as wearing a bright orange prison jumpsuit. So he was a prisoner before the apocalypse? Hopefully he isn't too much of a threat or unhinged. With Jocko in tow, you stroll into Low Town with a mission in mind. Your eyes are drawn to the brightest part of the town, with some roaring campfires and their flickering flames surrounded by all kinds of people. Luckily for you, your eyes are drawn straight away to a man clad in a pretty filthy but definitely recognisable orange jumpsuit.

Approaching him, Jocko tells you that he's been getting weird looks. It might be wise to not include him in conversations here, lest his stench drive away the others.

"Excuse me, are you Danny Sourpuss?" you inquire to the ex-convict. He turns to you, his features illuminated by the fire to produce a truly mystical aura.

"That I am. Daniel Sourpuss. I am the ruler of rhubarb, the lord of lemons, the veritable chieftain of citrus himself. Witness me!"

Holy fuck. This guy is bonkers. With some hand motions and utterly INTENSE facial expressions, he conjures up wisps of green and blue energy echoing from his palms. A wizardly sort, then.

>What do you want to say? Roll 1d100.
>>
File: LowTownCampfiresDark.png (6 KB, 740x250)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>4998510
Forget to bump up the resolution, sorry.
>>
Rolled 59 (1d100)

>>4998510
>Cough
>Cross our arms
>"Daniel! The stars have aligned for us tonight, my friend! My name is Abraxes the Creator and I turn citruses into deadly fucking explosives! I invite you to the join forces with my gang so we can BLOW UP POLITICIANS and become the most WICKED GANG in WAKERPLAIN."

Since he's an eccentric nutjob and we're an eccentric weirdo, does our penalty to social interactions not apply?
>>
Rolled 74 (1d100)

>>4998540
fuck yeah wizards convent
>>
Rolled 86 (1d100)

>>4998510
>>4998540 works for me
>>
File: LowTownCampfiresDark.png (6 KB, 740x250)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>5000711
>>4998745
>>4998540
Highest Roll = 86... PLUS 10 FOR RESONANT WEIRDO ENERGY = 96

Time to get unusual.

You wave your gloved hands in the air. You clear your throat with RECKLESS abandon as you RECKLESSLY strike a pose. Jocko, clearly picking up your signals despite your insistence on him not getting involved, also strikes an utterly RECKLESS pose although his is marginally less cool than yours because reasons.

"Daniel! Tonight, the stars have truly aligned. We are congealed in the great infinitude of space and time, to meet at this moment. You, the man who presumably knows things about citrus fruit. Me, the guy who can turn those things into deadly fucking explosives. Jocko, a homeless guy. Join us, and we shall reign supreme!"

You feel badass. The resonant heat of this area has manifested in crackling blue flame because of how badass you feel. Everyone is staring at you two now. Your thunderous voice has utterly SWAYED Danny Sourpuss. He is so SWAYED that he wants to join your party, and will almost certainly not take no for an answer.

Also... you gained 10 XP. You are now eligible to Level Up at the nearest Reflection Portal! Levelling up means that you can fast-track gaining a new spell, rather than the usual "wait one week" policy.
>>
>>5000971
>New Profile Unlocked: Daniel Sourpuss

>Accept Party Member: Daniel Sourpuss?
>>
>>5000973
Mos def
>>
>>5000973
>Yes. And let's find the fucking citruses.
I'm NOT backing down from blowing up any remaining politicians.
>>
>>5000973
YES
>>
>>5000973
yes
>>
File: TroublesomeTrio.png (3 KB, 630x294)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>5001289
>>5001018
>>5001011
>>5000978
Nice! You've recruited your second gang member, Daniel Sourpuss. He immediately lets you know that, tragically, there is no fruit that could be considered citrus in this town, but that if you come across a location bearing such treasures, he'll be the first one to know about it.

You contemplate your next course of business in Low Town.

>Find Kirby's family
>Chat with a party member
>Head to a location in town marked on the map
>Other (Write In)
>>
>>5001329
>Find Kirby's family
>>
>>5001329
>Ask Sourpuss whether there are other fruits in Low Town
>Find Kirby's family
>>
>>5001346
+1
>>
>>5001346
supporting this
>>
>>5001329
QM?
>>
>>5001336
>>5001346
>>5004566
Apologies. Life gets super busy for me.
>>5001473
>>5002483
You ask Daniel about other fruits that are available in town. He informs you that this town makes a tidy profit from cultivating various herbs and fruits inside of some of the tents, ones that require particularly specific conditions. Most people here, so he says, only occupy about half of their residence, with the rest being an impromptu garden. By his best guess and his experiences here, he surmises that you can find delicious, ripe Alquenches, tart and sweet Fickleberries and potentially some Pomegranates, at a hefty price. You briefly think about how long it has been since you last tasted a pomegranate. It might have been your eleventh birthday.

With this newly-learned information, you remember that you need to roam around the tents in search of the family of Kirby Kolmatic, the murderous bandit who you managed to best earlier. The gate guard said they were near the bar usually, so you check there. His skin was a fine russet, and so you kept your eyes peeled. To your luck, there was a tap on your shoulder from your companion Jocko.

"Boss, I's reckon's they mighty be related. They's got the black skin, not wearin' much clotheswise like he was and the feller on the left lookin' the type-ulent to be dangerous like his brother."

Jocko, pointing his filthy finger, indicates to two people sat beside a small tent rather close to the town's bar. The one on the left hulked above many of the others seen in this town, with a sturdy exterior and hair that extended to a drooping point. All he wore was a pair of nasty-looking undergarments and a greyish-blue collar.

Sat on his other side was a much more diminutive sort, with spectacles that obscured vision of his eyes. His dome was pretty barren, with sparse patches of growing hair. This one was wearing some manner of patchwork cape that had clearly been weaved into the orange scarf wrapped around his neck.

>Which will you approach and who comes along?

>Approach the man on the left, Tito Kolmatic
>Approach the man on the right, Dervish Kolmatic

>Bring Everyone
>Just Jocko
>Just Daniel
>Nobody
>>
>>5004825
>Just Jocko
>>
>>5004825
>Nobody
We don't know what will schizo do and Jocko reeks too much.

Good to see you back QM. Please just let us know next time.
>>
>>5004825
>Bring Everyone

why would we talk to any of these sketchy fellas without backup? What's our aim here anyway?
>>
>>5005520
Because Jocko has a fat social penalty and Sourpuss might act up as an ex-convict weirdo, refuse to obey us in some cases.
As for our aim,
>If you wanna break the news to his family that he's a no-good fuckabout, although I hardly think they'll find that a surprise, you can usually find em' in one of the tents near the bar.
Guess this and then seeing what do they have to say. It seems like Low Town is at least a tiny bit civilized, so if we don't start shit we won't need backup.

Also we need to find a portal to level up and grab new spell.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d3)

>>5005520
>>5005071
>>5004828
(In the effort of getting things moving, I'll roll for result with one being Jocko, two being nobody and three being everyone.)

After some consideration, you elect to go with...
>>
>>5005765
...Jocko. This new guy seems like kind of a wild card, so maybe it'd be best to leave him out of this one. Surprisingly, he follows your order to stay put.

The guy on the right. That's the one you'll talk to. He's much less intimidating than the beefy bastard beside him, at the very least. Approaching with Jocko right beside you (much to the displeasure of your nose) nets you a quick look from the bespectacled man. When he realizes you aren't walking away, he turns to you properly while the tougher guy gives the NASTIEST glare you've seen in a while.

"Something you need from me, stranger?" speaks the closer man.

>"Kirby tried to kill me. I'm pissed off and I want something done about it."
>"Kirby tried to murder me. I'm surprisingly happy about this situation."
"Kirby tried to off me. I have no strong opinions one way or the other about that."
>"Where can I find a Reflection Portal?"
>"Give me fruit."
>Other (Write In)

Make sure to roll 1d100 for your Social.
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>5005771
>"Kirby tried to off me. I have no strong opinions one way or the other about that."
>"Where can I find a Reflection Portal?"

rollan
>>
Looks like we're gonna need more rolls to resolve this situation.
>>
Rolled 33 (1d100)

>>5005792
+1
>>
>>5006287
>>5005792
Highest Roll = 58 - 10 = 48

"Uh... I had an encounter with Kirby. You're like, his family right? Maybe? He tried to like, murder me and such. But it's totally not a big dea-"

The smaller man approaches you, his face scrunching into one of clear disdain. He's quickly backed up by the more heavyset one who appears even more aggressive.

"The fuck are you talking about? You telling me that Kirby's been getting up to shit? How am I supposed to know you're not just tryin' to cause trouble for me and him, huh?"

You take a step back, pushing Jocko as you do. "Let's... not get too hasty here, fellas." is all you can manage to stutter. If that big guy tries anything you'll be reduced to paste on the ground within a couple of seconds, so you try your best to change the subject.

"Forget about that! It's... it doesn't matter. Um... is there a Reflection Portal in this town? Like, y'know, one that a wi-"

"Shut up already. I don't know who the hell you think you are comin' and saying stuff about my brother like that, but I ain't got time for you. There's one of those fuckin' portal things inside the bar. Now go."

Right. Okay. Portal in the bar. You nod at the man on the right, feeling that you've narrowly avoided an ass-kicking. Feeling substantially less confident than a few minutes ago, you head back over to Daniel and let him know that the group probably shouldn't mess with that family. Seems like the big one is still intently staring at you with a nasty look on his face.

>Head inside the bar
>Head elsewhere in town (see map)
>Pick a fight with the Kolmatics
>Other (Write In)
>
>>
>>5006558
>Head inside the bar
>>
>>5006580
Yeah as good a place as any
>>
File: WildBullBar.png (6 KB, 760x300)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>5006580
>>5006646
With great care to avoid the ire of the two members of Kirby's family sat outside, you and the gang make your way into the "Wild Bull Bar". A clearly-fake head adorns the entryway to make up for the lack of a sign.

When you walk in, you're greeted with a relatively spacious room, by the standards of this town at least. Your eyes are drawn to a bright red... "rug" of sorts, although it's clearly a plastic tarp that has been cut from a larger sheet. Fizzling lightbulbs swing down from the adobe ceiling, and a rumbling generator in the corner provides their light. Wait, how come they don't have lights outside? Is this the only place in town with power?

A sheet of metal laid atop a barrel composes the bar here. Behind it stands a woman with a weary face and incredibly poofy black hair. Aside from her, there are only two men chatting in the bar on a table besides some kind of poster or advertisement, leaving the rest of the place empty. Quiet night, or is something wrong?

Trying his best to be helpful, Daniel points out the mattresses laying in the corner and notes that you can rent them for a night for the price of 15 Cliccs. He fishes through the breast pocket on his jumpsuit and reveals that he only has 12 Cliccs to spare.

Ah, and most importantly of all, a Reflection Portal... oh dear. This thing hasn't seen use in a good while, considering the thick layer of grime and dirt that coats it. You silently pray that it still works.

You got: [Cliccs x 12]

>Order drinks
>Converse with somebody (1d100)
>Converse with party member
>Use Reflection Portal
>Other (Write In)
>>
>>5007762
>Wipe down the portal as much as we can
>Use Reflection Portal
>>
File: Inventory.png (13 KB, 864x288)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>5007762
Also, inventory update for you. Now with rudimentary labels!
>>
>>5007762
>Wipe down the portal as much as we can
>Use Reflection Portal
brrrr
>>
>>5007766
+1, plus ask the lady if she needs help with stuff, we are a bit short of cash
>>
>>5008698
We are a WIZARD, we are not going to TOIL like some filthy PEASANT!
>>
>>5007762
>>5007766
+1 to this! Let's put some elbow grease into it!
>>
File: WildBullBar.png (6 KB, 760x300)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>5009504
>>5008698
>>5007776
>>5007766
With inner glee, you approach the Reflection Portal. It might be real dusty, but you have a deep hope that it still works. Ensuring that your glove is a tight fit on your hand, you begin to wipe away the layer of grime that resides upon it. With every swipe, flecks of dust wind their way into the air and around the dimly-lit bar. The woman at the counter turns her head and remarks that if you're so inclined to clean, you can do it in the morning for a couple of Cliccs.

Daniel gives her a toothy grin and starts talking to her. He's clearly familiar with the lady, that much you can gather. Jocko just kind of stands there, idling about and kicking the floor. You don't expect much else from him.

A minute or so later, you've cleaned it enough that you can assess the condition of the mirror. There aren't any obvious cracks and the mist contained within is thick and clumped together in wads of magical energy. Perfect.

You close your eyes and gently remove your glove, placing your right hand onto the surface of the mirror...
>>
File: Spell Choice 2.png (17 KB, 480x320)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
>>5009531
and find yourself inside.

The infinite vortex around you is as uncomfortable as ever. Nobody ever gets used to the feeling of it. You recall how your uncle once described it as the sensation of knowing somebody is watching you, but not from where. Thoughts of a hundred men flash through your head, telling you where and when, how and why. You feel like a king, and then a lowly peasant.

You are presented with a new spell, the gift of any adept wizard. Learning these can take forever when you're a mere beginner. With the power of a Portal, they are taught in an instant.

>Chasing Waterfalls - Twice a day, you can induce hallucinations of a great oasis or a beautifully-flowing waterfall to those with weak wills.

>Shoddy Bind - Twice a day, wrap your target in ropes, although they are weak and easily ripped apart. Has some utility function, and useful for disorientation more than actual neutralizing.

>Editor In Chief - Once a day, you may rewrite any document, sign or other form of text to whatever you wish. Requires view of the target.
>>
>>5009532
We will be able to get this spells later on, or just one of them, and the others cannot be learned?
>>
>>5009532
>Shoddy Bind - Twice a day, wrap your target in ropes, although they are weak and easily ripped apart. Has some utility function, and useful for disorientation more than actual neutralizing.
This sounds the most immediately useful. Editor in Chief is also pretty neat but in combat, I rather have a backup option instead of needing to find a lemon to blow up.
>>
>>5009532

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.