[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 11 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images.jpg (12 KB, 260x194)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
You remember it like it was yesterday; your 'birth'. Your incubation pod opening, being ushered into large, grey rooms with others who look just like you, given your clothes and designation by the current staff.

>What is your designation?

>VL-19493
>CG-3029
>JS-24890
>MZ-1204

(Hey! Welcome to Clone Quest; where, in the near future, humanity's knowledge of cloning progresses, society regresses.)
>>
>>4788595
>MZ-1204

fuck all those other busters.
>>
>>4788595
>MZ-1204
zed not zee
>>
>>4788613
>>4788606
>MZ-1204

After putting your standard issue grey jumpsuit on, your group is once again herded along into another hallway, this one with mirror's for walls. You get a good look at you, and others of your variant. Asian Phenotype, with a height of 180cm.

The walk is mostly in silence, the only sound being footsteps.

The destination is a large amphitheater, without a stage. The replacement being a large screen. You and the other MZs fill up the seats with quick compliance.

The screen lights up, and you see a caucasian man in a white lab coat. He flashes a large smile.

"Hello, batch MZ-12! We welcome you to life, and your future services to the people of Europe and North Africa! Chronologically, you are three years old. But due to"- the screen is covered with a black stick figure, who's face is covered by a question mark," The Organizer, you've reached the biological age of 18!" Cannes applause plays, as it switches back to the man.

He's speaking in a language you understand, yet you have never spoke it. Later, you would learn, it is Pan-European, or just European.

He goes on to explain the occupations you may receive, due to small differences in the cloning process. "Sadly," he says, "Nothing is perfect. But we're truly close!"

>What is your occupation?

>Incubation Corps- The Creation and Development of further batches falls to you!

>Security Corps- The mission of keeping the peace within our borders falls to you!

>Agricultural Corps- The growing of Crops and livestock to feed our populace is up to you!

>Media Corps- The Placation of the populace, and spreading of state-approved knowledge falls to you!
>>
>>4788657
>>Media Corps- The Placation of the populace, and spreading of state-approved knowledge falls to you!
>>
>>4788657
>Incubation Corps- The Creation and Development of further batches falls to you!
>>
>>4788657
>Incubation

Sounds like a frontier ripe for exploitation.
>>
>>4788657
>>Incubation Corps- The Creation and Development of further batches falls to you!
So hard to choose but this one is my favorite
>>
>>4788688
>>4788686
>>4788671
>>4788664
>You were placed into the incubation corps!
>(+10 to all future rolls involving the sciences, due to your experience!)

You shake out of your memories quickly, and are back in the incubation chamber.

This time, outside of the incubators.

Strange to think that only two years ago, you were just like them. You finish the first row of the CG Variants, batch 32, and happily mark down only one termination on your workload, due to leg deformation.

You're a clone; its impossible for you to feel parental emotion, yet you're filled with a sense of pride whenever you check on the pods. They'll all help the ENAS, in their own ways!

Turning the corner to the next row, you see someone, peering into the small screen next to CG-3204's chamber.

A caucasian male. Maybe a VL? You heard that some were sent here recently. Though he isn't in the required labcoat.

>Question the Man.
>Mind your own buisness; he wouldn't be here if he wasn't supposed to.
>Check on what he's doing.
>>
>>4788731
>Check on what he's doing.
>>
>>4788731
>>Question the Man.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>4788784
>>4788750
(Alright, looks like a tie, time for ye olde coin flip)
>>
>>4788731
>Question the Man.
People should be careful about sterility in the incubation chambers. We could lose a batch or more if they become contaminated from someone's carelessness.
>>
>>4788855
>>4788784
>>4788750
>Question the Man

Does he even have proper clearance?

You walk down the hall, calling to him.

"Excuse me! The incubation chamber is to be sterile at all times!" You see the man flinch, yet he stays over the pad, not even turning to look.

"I'm going to have to ask you to lea-"

>Roll 1d100
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>4788869
>>
Rolled 69 (1d100)

>>4788869
I hope it's it Bo3
>>
Rolled 27 (1d100)

>>4788869

>>4788902
>69 get
you can die happy now
>>
Rolled 33 (1d100)

>>4788902
>>4788869
lmao the weed numer. I'll roll
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>4788902
lmao the weed number
>>4788869
>>
>>4788921
>>4788911
>>4788910
>>4788902
>>4788878
>Funny Number

You hear footsteps behind you, and look back to see another man, this one you can see clearly.

You also see the datapad he's trying to bash in your skull with.

You move to the right, yet not fast enough to stop it from hitting your shoulder. Shit! You've gotta get to the emergen-

Your thoughts are cut off by arms around your neck, and your yells are muffled as you slowly slip into darkness.
---

You wake up again, but... can't move. You panic and struggle, but what feels like straps are holding you down.

You open up your eyes, but can't twist your head around.

"I thought the plan was to get one out of the incubator!?" You hear a man yelling, his Pan-Euro spoken with a German accent.

"You're lucky we didn't get caught, let alone get one of these bastards." You note that this one's accent is clearly English. "So, are you just going to rip it out?"

The German answers back, "That's an... oversimplification, but yes."

Rip... rip what out?!

>Anything to say to your captors?
>>
>>4788941
Yell really hard!
>>
>>4788941
Please don't hurt me!
>>
>>4788941
>Yell really hard "PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!"
>>
>>4788962
+1
>>
>>4788947
>>4788951
>>4788962
>>4788982
>"Please don't hurt me!" But really loud!

Your face is muffled by the hard cushion of what you assume is some sort of torture table, while you scream "Please! Don't hurt me!"

"Do we have sedatives?" The German asks the Englishman

"Nope, not the pain type. We have the uh, calm-down ones though." He replied.

You hear the clattering of tools, "Save those for later."

You feel a pair of pliers grab.. something at the base of your neck, and tug.

It burns! Every little tug feels as if a white-hot razor is being shoved in and out, the flame of pain travelling down your nervous system.

For the second time that day, you pass out.
---

You wake up later, still tied down. But you're in a chair, and strangely calm.

You see two men; from their voices, they're the German and Englishman.

They're both wearing jumpsuits, from a distance you probably couldn't tell them apart from most JS or VL variants. Is that how they got in?

They're talking in the corner of this.. wooden building that you're in. Painted red... a farmhouse?

"Looks like the sedatives worked." The English one says, as the German gets closer.

"We still have to check a few things. Where are you?"

"The Province of Germany, Berlin Subprovince."

"Good. And the year?".

"2054."... Why are you so calm?

>Any questions of your own?
>>
>>4789027
Why did you abduct me?
>>
>>4789027
What did you do to me?
>>
>>4789038
suport
>>
>>4789027
Falling back to the basic logic we were taught, opt to ask simply "Who, what, when, where, how, why?...though how I already experienced. simplified: What is happening?"
>>
>>4789049
Who, good question, we need names.
What, we got kidnapped.
When, fair enough, figure out how long we have been out.
Where, Berlin.
Why, still don't know.

So
>>4789027
Who are you people?
How long were we out?
Why were you doing whatever it is you are doing?
>>
>>4789089
>>4789049
>>4789039
>>4789038
>>4789034
Thankfully you've retained some critical thinking, due to what you assume are calming agents.

"What... what did you do to me?"

The German pulls a plastic baggie from his pocket, inside is what looks like a small, flat bit of metal.

"This, is what one calls a compliance chip. A marvel from a scientific viewpoint, being able to elicit certain behaviors, responses, or even habits. It's interesting from a technical lev-"

The English man interrupted, "The thing messed with your head, now it's out."

Messed with your head? How? No one's had even a moment's access to the area they've pulled it from, since your incubation...

"Who even are you!"

"There's no official name yet, but just believe me when I say what we're doing is in your best interest here. You're going to be very... familiar with us, so just call him," he pointed to the German, "Dolf, and me Arthur."

You have a feeling that a lot is going to change, incredibly fast.

(And I think that's where we'll end today

Don't worry though, the thread will still be up, and I'll post more tomorrow. We'll have pretty much the whole day.

So; any thoughts, theories, or questions?)
>>
>>4789124
Is Dolf a clone of our favorite uncle?
The one with the funny mustache?
>>
>>4789130
(Only State approved historical people may be cloned; the subject you are referring to is not recorded and therefore does not exist(
>>
>>4789190
>>4789130
We must secure his phenotype from the secret database.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.