[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 19 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1607386913672.png (45 KB, 512x512)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
An illustrated civilization quest.
Neolithic to bronze age technology.
Some magic/fantasy elements.
Updates once every 1-2 days.

You are Burnaburiash, shaman and leader of the village. Your people have been fled to the northern desert from the terrible army the Djenak Balai. Your village has a population of 50 now but may grow much larger over the course of the quest as more survivors flee to your village.
>>
File: 1590333908854.png (262 KB, 2048x2048)
262 KB
262 KB PNG
Previous Threads:
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?searchall=chalco+civ

With a wave of migrants and a shortage of accommodation and food reserves you band all the villagers to work the long hours to get the job done. With loads of clay coming in daily and builders working on the new dormitory building all hours of daylight, the structure rises from the ground at tremendous speed.
Ever since the bandits raided your stockpile you've been juggling uncomfortably low food reserves. Unwilling to take unnecessary risks hunting, you use traders and the children. At your request, the children contribute to the work effort by foraging for the rest of the village. Meanwhile you send two men to travel to the Gemetis' capital Mokodou. With the coins gifted to you by the Uppulu chief, they purchase a cow, loading it with grain with what little money they had left. The fresh beef is a welcome change from lizard, and emu meat as far as you're concerned.
After a few laborious days, the villagers joyously completed the building in time for the migrants. With enough food to get them settled.
In the wake of all the hard labour, the villagers decide they're entitled to some indulgence. They're now doing the bare minimum of work and asking you to produce some amenities next. Although the newcomers haven't been working crunch the last few days from their perspective "if no one else is working hard, I don't have to either", you're not counting on them to pick of the slack.
Honestly, after all the conflict the last few months you wouldn't mind some opulence either. You lounge back in a cushion in the shade and think "what would be nice to have?"
>Music
>Games
>Better Food
>Art
>write in
>>
File: 1609865374822.png (2 KB, 199x201)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
You are thankful to find the newcomers are mostly able bodied adults. Though you were hoping the doctor Ku-Aya would join you, she is still missing.
>>
File: Hakuna Matata.png (27 KB, 702x632)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
The Giant Warthog that has made itself at home in your village is starting to become a point of contention. Some villagers want it gone. It eats, a LOT. It isn't stealing food from your stockpile, but it's still eating the local flora. Not just harvesting the fruits, but eating the entire plant. More and more plants in the immediate area are being devoured every day, and with winter coming in the yellow fruit bushes are no longer bearing fruit. Some other villagers love The Pig for some reason, considering it a bringer of good fortune and a ward against evil spirits.
You invite the Goat Herders' Chief over to ask him about it.
Uppulu Chief: "Ah yes, this great beast is known across the desert. We call him Tambo, they say in his wake comes a bountiful harvest."
Shala: "Probably because he eats all the competing plants and leaves a mountain of manure."
Uppulu Chief: "Do you not have Hodari in your homeland?"
You feel a sense of wistfulness. Indeed, there were once several giant venerable animals living in the forests of your homeland. You heard the Djenak devoured each one.
Burnaburiash: "We did. Magnificent creatures they were. They each had personalities, some could be quite dangerous."
Uppulu Chief: "Tambo is a gentle soul. He would never attack unprovoked, and will leave if you try to send him away. It is the great Thunder Bird and terrible serpent Grootslang you should beware."
Burnaburiash: "Thank you for your teaching, stay as out guest as long as you wish."
>Send the Pig away
>Allow it to stay
>>
File: farmville.png (40 KB, 721x445)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
Burnaburiash: "The wheat looks beautiful. Ripe for harvest!"
Shala: "Hmm, it took a long time. Considering we planted it in Spring."
You nod thoughtfully.
Burnaburiash: "Yes, clearly the work of evil spirits. Casting bad magic on our crops."
Shala gives you an incredulous look.
Shala: "Right... This harvest won't do much to feed 50 people."
Burnaburiash: "A shame, but there was much to do! And little time to sow."
Shala: "Well, it might take some extra effort, but. I think we should just use this to bake something lavish as a treat, or brew beer. We could just eat it as bread, but it's not a lot of food for our current population."
>Beer
>Lavish
>Bread
>write in
>>
>>4785874
Welcome back!
>>4785875
>Games
Some type of sport and a brain game like chess
>>4785881
>Allow it to stay
I see no reason this big lovable pigu shouldn't be allowed to stay, yeah he eats a lot but he is definitely magical and he definitely will protect the children I feel like
>>4785883
>Beer
Having a nice drink the night before everyone gets down to business working isn't a bad idea imo
>>
>>4785931
I can support this.
>>
>>4785875
>Music
At its simplest, it requires no supplies beside human voices.

>>4785881
>Allow it to stay

>>4785883
I told you anons we needed to expand our farming operation first thing.
>Bread
>>
*slams fist to table*
The pig stays

>>4785931
I like the idea of games

Make bread, we need food right now.
>>
>the pig stays
But I feel it should be kept to one area to minimise it's damage

>Music
Everyone loves music, we can use it to party, march into war, celebrate, mourn the dead...the list goes on!

>Beer
Have a few drinks tonight then tomorrow it's time to hunt an elephant field dress it and pack it back to the village, maybe we could use sleds similar to the ones we use to transport the clay.

If there is any beer left for the next night we can have BBQ elephant and beer!
>>
>>4786208
pigs gata eat
>>
>>4785881
>>Allow it to stay
But ask It to Not eat our crops
>>
I think we're forgetting how the spirits feel about the pig.
>>
>>4788130
Remind me?
>>
>>4788213
Well, we forgot to ask in the firs place.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (16 KB, 504x470)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
(Couldn't finish the whole update, so here's a small update to tide you over till tomorrow.)

Although you had enough food to settle the new migrants, the village is consuming more than it's producing. You need to find a new food source. Especially since winter/Tambo are reducing your foraging rate.
While enjoying a dip in the water you think up a plan to resolve the issue.
>Elephant Hunt
>Fishing Industry
>Pubu Fruit
>write in
>>
>elephant hunt

We should also contact the spirits (namely the plant spirits) to ask their opinion on the pig
>>
>>4788364
>write in
Consult with the spirit about fishing.
>>
>>4788364
>Elephant hunt
Mayhaps we do a shamanic blessing beforehand for morale and good fortune on the hunt, maybe say hullo to the spirits, ask about Tambo (possibly speak to Tambo in the spirit world)
>>
>>4788398
That's probably a good idea. I wonder if they're pissed off that he's uprooting their plants
>>
>>4788364
>>4788440

Supporting this and generally supporting more communication with Bilya.

I think we talked to them on day one and never again.
>>
>>4788364
>Fishing Industry
its about time this gets set up, feel bad about killing proohs while letting this huge boar chill.
>>
File: 1575103667342.gif (13 KB, 1372x1024)
13 KB
13 KB GIF
>>
File: 1608514808266.png (73 KB, 1427x1024)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
You decide some games will be the best way to bring the villagers more variety in recreation. You gather up the villagers, and make the announcement.
Burnaburiash: "It is time for games! Forget the bricks! Put down the adzes! For the next few days we're focusing on making games! Go wild!"
Happy with your decision the villagers throw themselves into discussing which of your civilization's games to bring back first.
Using the resources, tools and buildings established so far, they end up crafting a nice variety of games.
Tannery: Balls made from tanned hide, stuffed with animal hair
Kiln/Clay Pit: Board games and their pieces sculpted from clay
Hunters' Spot: (The children having been playing with discarded knuckle bones since we first started hunting.)
Loom/Bowyer's Workshop: Archery Targets and training arrows
In just a few days, dozens of old games are made. Through your encouragement most of the focus goes to logic based and athletic games.
>>
File: 1613581713884.png (8 KB, 307x271)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
You allow the pig Tambo stay, Hodari can make excellent friends and dreadful enemies. You try asking him to leave the crops alone. Though there is a glint of intelligence in his beady black eyes, it seems he simply doesn't understand language. Thankfully he seems to recognize and respect human property.
>>
File: Wheat-Bix.png (19 KB, 446x435)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
The wheat is finally harvested, collecting into a modest pile of light yellow bushels.
Shala: "A happy harvest. When spring comes we should rotate to pulse."
Simbar: "Have you decided what to make Burnaburiash?"
Burnaburiash: "I think we should brew it. How long will it take you to set up Simbar?"
Simbar: "Hoo! Little Burni. I started planning this the day we sowed the wheat. I've already made the tools we need, and found a nice cave to brew it in. We can even use the smoker for malting. We just need to wait 4 to 8 weeks for it to finish."
Burnaburiash: "Wonderful! Get started right away."
>>
File: 1590961552669.png (20 KB, 477x453)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
It's been a while since you last visited the spirit world. The pink flower is nice, but doesn't help you cross over at all. It was significantly easier when that evil spirit was stalking you, secretly helping you reach the other side.
Hani'ata has been trying to enter the spirit world for days now, without much luck. Looks like you will have to wait for auspicious circumstances, perform a large ritual, or get high as fuck if you want to enter the spirit world.
You visit the small temple and see the stone in the center is covered in wilted flowers.
Burnaburiash: "Hani'ata! How long have these dead plants been here!?"
Hani'ata: "I don't know. What does it matter?."
Burnaburiash: "That rock is sensitive to spirit magic, it's a way for the spirits to communicate with us. This likely means the plant sprites are upset!"
Hani'ata: "Ha! A threat? Empty basket. It takes much more upsetting before woodsies get aggressive."
Burnaburiash: "We are shaman Hani, we're supposed to resolve these issues *before* the spirits get aggressive. I must enter the spirit world."
Hani'ata: "How? I'm not feeling much spiritiness in the air."

>Scorpion venom
>Large Ritual
>Bilya Statue
>Sprite Statue
>write in
>>
File: 1619449371904.png (84 KB, 1028x920)
84 KB
84 KB PNG
You're leaning towards tapping into the river as a food source. Several different fresh water creatures have been seen swimming in the thicker parts. Though you would prefer to gain the river spirit's blessing first.
Arwia: "So what's your plan? Do you want me to organize some nets and fishing spears? Build a work-hut for the fisherman and fish cleaners?"

>Wait for permission
>Impromptu Fishing Spot
>Brick Fishing Hut
>write in
>>
File: Spoiler Image (821 B, 88x32)
821 B
821 B PNG
(Don't think I've forgotten you from the end of the last thread! Still anticipating the drawfaggotry)
>>
>>4790336
>Large Ritual
We can make a celebration of it to go along with the games.
>>4790339
>Wait for permission
Gotta respect the spirits
>>
>>4790336
>Bilya Statue
>Wait for permission
>>
>>4790336
>>4790344
>Large ritual
We haven't talked to old girl in awhile or the leafs, a party ain't a bad idea celebrations in Bilya's name and I'm sure the sprites will appreciate some music, offerings to bilya will definitely help smooth the long distance relationship over
>>4790339
>Wait for permission
We don't wanna do anything to make mama mad
>>
Large ritual

>>4790339
Bilya said humans are welcome, why ask for permission to fish? Should we ask permission to breath from the air spirits?
>>
>>4790613
Well judging how breathing air is an automatic body function and fishing out of the physical representation of one of our patron spirits isn't.
We've neglected to contact her for quite a while and we are supposed to keep the spirits balanced, we already have something going on with the Ritual Stone and bad plant vibes, upsetting the river spirit isn't a good idea IMO
>>
>large ritual

We need to cross over to the other side and speak to both bilya and the plant sprites

>Wait for permission

Best to be polite and respectful, especially as they can make life very hard for us if we upset them
>>
>>4790336
The plant spirits like it when we have an abundance of plant life. We just harvested our farm and have a massive pig eating everything up... Maybe we need to plant some stuff pronto to rebalance things?
>>
>>4791062
Tambo is a good boy no bulli him, thankfully he's a Hodari and probably actually helps the sprites more than hurts as they are what feed him and he brings them nutrients in manure and likely gets seeds stuck to his fur
Plus we asked him politely to not if it is bad
>>
File: 1610993801528.png (147 KB, 820x567)
147 KB
147 KB PNG
A large ritual tomorrow! The vils eagerly listen as you elaborate on a whole day of no working, just feasting, playing, relaxing and at night: a ritualistic dance around a tremendous fire.
You end up personally bustling about preparing appropriate props for the ritual. Bowls of Ochre and Charcoal fresh from the new Wood Burner (You knew it would be a good idea) for body paint, big basket-fulls of the pink Mojo flower for its enticing smoke. You even carve out a new shaman mask for Hani'ata.
With your focus on the ritual you don't really have time to set up the fishing, you'd much rather wait till you discuss it with Bilya first anyway.

The following day is delightful. A small sport tournament to honour the spirits, children playing, everyone from the whole village socializing together.
Nabu-mu: "Are you sure everyone can eat as much as they want?"
You reassuredly slap him on the shoulder. "Of course!" you lie, "One little day of feasting won't do any harm."
As the night comes, you have the villagers decorate each other with the paints and charcoal. You gather them in a circle around the wood pile, and just as the sun disappears over the horizon... FWOOSH, the entire pile erupts in a pillar of fire. In every direction: awestruck gasps and fascinated stares. A dramatic display thanks to Hani'ata's fire magic.
The lighting of the flame signals the start of the ritual. All voices sing and a circle of dancing people rotates around the flame.
You can feel the spiritual magic waxing. It is almost time...
>>
File: snake juice.png (11 KB, 336x276)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
Your mind enters the spirit world easily. Hani'ata following soon after.
Burnaburiash: "Go listen to the plant sprites Hani, I entrust this to you."
Hani'ata: ".. Right. I can do this. I am Hani'ata."
You approach the river banks, to meet the spirit of the Bilya. The great serpent of flowing water elegantly slides around you.
Burnaburiash: "Greetings. Great spirit."
Bilya: "I loathe hideous things littered by the waterside. But your peoples' crops and buildings decorate my river banks well."
Burnaburiash: "I am glad their hard work pleases you."
Bilya: "I know you desire to fish my waters, you are welcome to. So long as you don't wipe out any species I will not be angered."
Burnaburiash: "The villagers will be grateful I'm sure."
Bilya: "You have dealt with the shades well enough, Burnaburiash. I approve. Ugly unnatural things should not exist in the world. I would like to know, what do you plan to do about those humans, the Djenak Balai?"
Burnaburiash: "One day..."

>We will destroy the Djenak
>We will reclaim our homeland
>We will lay waste to their army
>write in
>>
>>4792692
Seriously, while they exist we'll never know peace.
>>
>>4792692
Question for the QM here before I answer, what exactly is the precise situation with the Djenak Balai? Like there's a bunch of soldiers that turn into dark spirits and evil shaman/warlocks, but like is the influence corruptive, coercive or collaborative on the part of enemy?
>>
>>4792725
+1
>>
>>4792692
Tell him we don't know, ask his advice. On one hand they must be destroyed since they will never stop coming but it on the other we detest violence and war.
>>
>>4792692
>>4792908
I'm pretty sure they're born into it, or at least taken in at a young age by like raiding parties or some shit, I'm assuming they don't take prisoners besides kiddos, only an assumption however
However this is all speculation and OP probably has something better in mind
>>
>>4792972
Where did we say we detested violence? Not trying to sound like a dick, because I genuinely don't remember and if we do I may change my vote to fit with Burni
>>
>>4793017
We just had a party to chill after like 3 or 4 fights so ...
>>
>>4793017
I just feel DESTROY THEM is very evil spiritesque and I don't want to say that to the water spirit. Im just trying to say that "yeah we are going to have to crush them but conquest is not our goa"l. If we start thinking about war and killing our enemies its going to draw evil spirits here and bilya has stated how much he detests them.
>>
File: 1617972716655.png (5 KB, 268x113)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
Okay the quick rundown is.
>The Djenak Balai is an army that worships the Djenak (an enormous evil spirit, kind of like Aku from samurai jack) like a god
>They cultivate dark spirits deliberately to use them as weapons in their army, to do this they cruelly torment people to create extreme and deep seated negative emotions/ideas in them.
>They themselves don't produce anything or have any workers, rather they conquer cities and villages and enslave the populations to feed them
>The Djenak directs them to enslave and conquer everything
>The low ranking soldiers believe that they when they die in battle, they "ascend" into dark spirits. They accept brutal physical punishment to ensure they become powerful evil spirits. High ranking sorcerers and leaders live fairly decadent and opulent lives and are entirely uninterested in this "reward".
>They do take people in at a young age, but will let anyone join if they pass the "murder your own brother" test
>>
>>4792692
>>4793424
Yup that clears up that conflict
>>
>>4793396
I understand where you're coming from, but these "people" are the same people that slaughtered and drove us from our lands, even then they weren't trying to do that, they enjoy killing and know it will lead to them becoming a physical monster, they enjoy receiving pain nearly as much as inflicting it from what I gather from Dols post below
>>4793424

>>4793015
Yeah keeping my vote the same, this post is mine so don't samefag that vote
>>
>>4793728
that doesn't mean we have to be happy about killing them.

>these "people"
yes, these are people who had their tribes destroyed and parents killed then tortured and indoctrinated until they become what they are today. We could end up fighting our old tribesmen.

From the spirits perspective it could look like a cycle of violence thing. If they are going to gift us powers to defeat the Djenak, They probably need to see that we wont misuse them as means for our own violent ends.
>>
>>4793916
The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing
>>
Burnaburiash: "We will destroy the Djenak!"
You speak with conviction, but in your mind you wonder if it's even possible for mere humans armed with spears and arrows to kill such a powerful Shade.
Bilya: "Bold! The best solution is the simplest one. With this "Djenak" slain, the Djenak Balai will be headless. I urge you to seek out other great spirits, they will likely share their magic with you for this cause. I shall instruct the smaller spirits to spread word of your courageous intent!"
Burnaburiash: "Wait! I cannot promise this ambition!"
Bilya: "Promise or not, the spirits of the desert will know this: Burnaburiash and her people are sworn enemies of the Djenak."
With a sense of vertigo you start to feel your grip on the spirit world slipping. The world fades to darkness as you plummet back into your physical body.

[Exchange Wave for a different spell?]
>Ice Wall
>Wave
>Water Bullet
>>
File: 1593124800120.png (5 KB, 259x243)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
The following morning many of the villagers are still sleeping, reeling from last nights festivities. You approach Hani'ata to discuss last night's spirit walk.
Burnaburiash: "So the River spirit seems quite content. And we're free to start fishing. What did the sprites have to say Hani?."
She folds her arms and raises her nose to the air.
Hani'ata: "I did NOT speak with the Sprites Burnaburiash."
You body language instantly changes from upright and peppy to a deflated camel hump. She IGNORED your instruction, now it could be ages before you establish contact with the Sprites.
Burnaburiash: "..........Why?"
Hani'ata: "The mountain spirit! I could FEEL him. I didn't want to miss the chance. So I lept for it! Why bother with the plant spirits anyway? They complain when there aren't many plants alive no matter what. You're the one who told me to contact the mountain spirit anyway so it's your fault."
Burnaburiash: "Well what did the mountain spirit tell you."
Hani'ata: "Well I didn't see him, but I heard his words, he challenged me to climb the mountain to receive his gift of magic."
Burnaburiash: "And then what?"
Hani'ata: "And then I went hurtling back to my body. Didn't even get a chance to speak."

>Approve
>Reprimand
>Punish
>write in
>>
File: 1600868690594.png (13 KB, 402x367)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
The villagers are quickly getting to work to set up the fishing operation. With the fishing, hunting/trapping, and what little can still be foraged there should at least be an acceptable level of food at all times.
Soon after the fishermen start work, visitors arrive. A Gemeti merchant caravan has arrived at your village. A few draft animals and bronze clad guards park by the tannery and the merchant requests to speak with you.
When you approach he walks right up to you and begins talking business immediately.
Merchant: "Hey guy. My family are honest traders from Mokodou, I have come to propose potential trade deals!"
>>
File: 1595604463557.png (96 KB, 770x686)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>write in
>>
>>4794554
First
>Approve
she's right we did tell her to seek out the mountain spirit
Then
>Reprimand
Prioritization is important, and failing to deal with immediate issues to seek out greater power will lead to greater suffering.

Carrot and the stick.
>>
>>4794554
Seconding >>4794567

>>4794560
>Buy barley for whatever surplus we have
We're in a tight situation food-wise. Also we can sow barley next year.
>>
>>4794553
Wave is sick nasty keep it

>>4794554
Reprimand: she doesn't DO anything in the village and now she chose to persue her own agenda instead of helping the village by talking with the minor spirits even though it was the village working together that helped her reach the spirit realm. Those little spirits helped save our people from a horrible sickness and their magic saved us from the banditos.

We will trust the mountain spirit knows what he is doing. If she wishes to make the journey we wont stop her but as punishment she will get 0 help from the village. it will have to be alone and without help, that means no guide no tools / food she doesn't make/ scavenge herself.

>>4794560
>Selling barely for $
>Buying booz for $$$
We know how to make it so let's buy barely and sell back the booze. We have a Smith now, maybe we can later use the profit to buy metals
>>
>>4794567
>We did tell her to speak with the mountain
We told her to speak with the mountain to teach her patience, she circumvented the entire test by skipping out on the duty we trusted her with
>>
>>4794773
And that's why we follow with a reprimand, she isn't getting out of shirking her duties here.
>>
>>4794789
I feel words are not ENOUGH with this character
>>
She is a lazy shit, she will climb the mountain then ditch us whatever we say.
>>
>>4795037
We have to trust that the mountain spirit knows what he is doing
>>
>>4795164
True, maybe she acts the way she does because she feels like she has nothing to offer.

In the meantime I still think we need to redress the balance... Hey how about we spread some of the hogs shit around? Sounds like it is a great fertilizer and no doubt is full of seeds from all the fruit it has been eating
>>
>>4795178
I feel she acts that way because she misguidedly believes that the village has nothing to offer her, but the mountain spirit is wise and stubborn, imagine this scene if you will:
>Hani'ata begins her climb, we urge her she do it alone as she disobeyed us and as punishment she will receive no aid from us as this is her quest that she chose to take, days pass as the scrawny girl finally reaches the peak, blisters covering her hands and bruises cover her body from the numerous tumbles, she looks out and sees the beauty of the desert and is humbled, she enters the spirit world and finally meets the rocky giant, but at the peak the air is strong as well and we meet an even greater spirit then that of just 1 mountain, but one of the 4 winds (assuming wherever we are has those still kek)
I hate I always make stupid speculation shit like this but I love the idea of it all
>>
>>4795957
imagine if the mountain is just some 420 blaze it spirit and gives her super powers for no reason.
>>
>>4795960
He just wanted her to climb up and light his smoke flower joint with her fire magic lmao
>>
File: swagwoman.png (3 KB, 204x162)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
(It looks like the Approve then Reprimand got more official votes, but I went with the harsh reprimand because the discussion appears to lean towards it.)

Burnaburiash: "Your actions have been selfish and lazy Hani'ata! You deliberately disobeyed me to pursue your own selfish desires."
Hani'ata: "Selfish!? You TOLD me to contact the earth spirit Burnt-Boobie-Trash."
Burnaburiash: "I gave you that task to teach you patience! And you abandoned your duty to rush it. If you won't help us, why should we work to feed and shelter you?"
Hani'ata: "I don't see YOU hauling huge slabs of clay."
Burnaburiash: "I'll give you a choice: get to work and start contributing under Bibi's supervision. OR go your own way, climb the mountain and receive the spirit's gift if you can. You will receive no help from us."
She balls her fists.
Hani'ata: "Fine, I WILL climb that mountain and show you I don't need ANYONE."
Burnaburiash: "We shall see."
Shortly after, you inform the rest of the village that Hani is to receive no assistance. Though you allow Bibi to give her a blanket to stop her from freezing.
Zakiti: "I'm sure she'll come crawling back soon Burni."
Shala: "Now is a terrible time for foraging, poor girl."
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>4798328
This roll is for Hani'ata's initial attempts to climb the mountain.
>>
File: 1600229501390.png (22 KB, 610x524)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
Barley for Booze. After discussing things with the Gemeti merchant you decide selling alcohol is a good way to bring wealth to the village, and buying barley a good way to make it. With the population growing and currency coming in; the village will probably evolve from a commune to a local economy. You begin to wonder how taxes and corvee work, good thing you have Arwia for this stuff.
The merchant gives you another proposition:
Merchant: "Since you are short of grains to produce beer with, how would you like a loan? I could deliver you barley for free for the first 8 weeks. Then, after the first batch finishes, you pay us back! (with interest, haha)"

>"I agree, Arwia will negotiate the details"
>"No, we can't invest labour in beer production right now"
>write in
>>
File: 1605125432674.png (7 KB, 282x260)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
The fishing operation is lifted off the ground. Tasty river fish, marrons and platypus are now being caught, and you are now producing more food than you're consuming. With immediate concerns of happiness, security and food fulfilled you look towards expansion.

>Brewing Hut*
>Fishing Hut
>Spread Fertilizer
>write in

*You may convert one of the general purpose brick huts into the Brewery
>>
>>4798328
>(It looks like the Approve then Reprimand got more official votes, but I went with the harsh reprimand because the discussion appears to lean towards it.)
What.
So now the course of the quest is determined by a vocal minority?

>>4798332
We don't even know if there's enough demand for our beer. We should brew a test batch and sound the market.
I still want us to go into brewing though, so let's buy a bit of barley for planting.

>>4798333
>Spread Fertilizer
Agrictulture is the foundation of both food and alcohol industry.
>>
>>4798332
We need a more steady supply of grain first
>>4798333
>Spread Fertilizer
Gotta get that grain to make the booze
>>4798388
S n e e d
>>
I ment no assistance when climbing the mountain I didnt mean to kick her out.

>Rolls a 97
Ah fuck. Can't wait to see the fallout

Don't agree to loan, just trade some leather for the barley. Since it's just a small test batch we don't need a dedicated hut.

Instead let's build a watch tower and set up some dedicated security / scouts.
>>
>>4798332

>>4798333
>Spread Fertilizer

Then get to growing that barley
>>
>>4798388
>What.
>So now the course of the quest is determined by a vocal minority?
yeah, that was probably a mistake. I was unsure which of the posts were the same people using different IP and if people were discussing their perspective but not voting. I'll make sure to give priority to explicit votes in the future

>>4798591
>I ment no assistance when climbing the mountain I didnt mean to kick her out.
oof
>>
File: 1592876749227.png (11 KB, 365x279)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
You don't agree to the loan, but sell a few units of leather so get some barley to start with.
Merchant: "Selling leather? A girl like you should be wearing it. Ha! But yes. I accept your offer. We'll be back when your first batch is ready."

After the merchant caravan goes off on its way, you set the next priority to agriculture. One little wheat garden isn't nearly enough! After a small lottery, a few unlucky villagers are given sacks and shovels to distribute the manure.
Some more fortunate ones get to till some fresh farmland and sow fresh barley seeds.
Burnaburiash: "Can you sow this stuff in the winter?"
Shala: "Almost certainly. It seems very similar to our own native wheat and it never snows here."
Collecting seeds didn't spend any significant amount of the barley, what will you do with the rest?

>Store it
>Brewing
>>
File: 1604717012508.png (8 KB, 372x404)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
You find a bandit has come down from the hills and invited himself in. Walking around with a cloth mask and a sword on his hip.
Bandit: "You are in charge here. Yes?"
Burnaburiash: "Who are you? One of the slugs who's been raiding us?"
Bandit: "I am NOT one of Razzaq's hounds! Half my crew he cut down, the other half? Crawled to his side like treacherous maggots. I heard the pale-skins had strong warriors, so I believe here I might find some new horns. Get my vengeance."

>Get in on his plan
>Let him try to hire your villagers
>Banish him
>write in
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1 KB, 79x68)
1 KB
1 KB PNG
Hani'ata spends the next few days attempting to climb the mountain with single-minded determination.
Though she returns to the base every time, through sheer stubbornness she is actually making progress, finding a path more skillfully each time. Nabu-mu tries to give her food against your orders but Hani'ata refuses.
This morning you look around, but find she has not returned.
>>
>>4800489
>Brewing
>>4800491
>Send him off politely, bad advise that the Gemeti will probably be interested in getting rid of Razzaq.
We don't have enough men and good weapons to go fight Razzaq now.
>>
>>4800622
>bad
*but
>>
>>4800491
Brew

Bannish him, before he gives anyone any ideas

>>4800493
Go looking for her ASAP. I have had this growing fear that the spirit calling to her was the evil spirit ever since she told us the story.
>>
>>4800489
>Brew it
Buying raw resources they have for cheap, and selling the alcohol for bank. Works well.
We will probably need to be more careful about bandits and raiders if caravans become a more common affair.

>>4800491
>Politely refuse or banish, possibly point him in the direction of the Gemeti or The Hunter
>Whichever, I don't want to send our people right now
As much as I'd love to wipe out a band of raiders, we frankly don't have the manpower to spare. We could send out Labashi and some of the others, but it'd cripple our production and security.
I'd also love to recruit him to get a trained warrior/thief, but he'd likely try to undermine us and recruit a few of our men into a suicide mission. If the Hunter(forget his name) and his team were around, i might place this man in his jurisdiction, but they aren't here.

Actually, Dolomite, do we know where the Hunter is right now? Could we point him in that direction to find strong people to join up with? Or are they deep in the south right now?

>>4800493
>>4800781
This.
I don't think the Belliscist called her, I genuinely think she heard the mountain. Both because of the challenge, and because the stalker needed to be far closer to call, close enough that the Bylia and Burnaburiash should have noticed its presence. But we should go look for her, and share some shaman-motherly advice and explanation. We need to teach her some important lessons, but at the same time we can't just abuse her into falling into evil spirit's hands.

We shouldn't go back on our decision to make her go at it alone(at least the belliscist taught us an important lesson of being committed to our actions). But she deserves to know why we made that call. Why we were disappointed that the entire village helped her, yet she didn't do what they needed from her. She probably forgot her new mask too.

And, in classic loop-hole wise monk fashion, bring some food to share with her if she is resting or at the top. Also a tiny bit of medicine/bandages. We only said she isn't allowed to receive help while climbing, and while we are talking with her, she isn't actively climbing now is she.
>>
>>4800821
>Actually, Dolomite, do we know where the Hunter is right now?
Somewhere in the southwestern plains/forest, Every full moon Enki meets with one of Namtar's men to swap info

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.