[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 21 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Salary-Man-OP.png (1.92 MB, 1504x1198)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB PNG
You are Sugimoto Daisuke, the 49 year-old vice-president of the Tokyo Branch of Junpei Office Supplies. Recently, in a bid to escape the existential suffering that is your everyday life dominated by work, you decided to chase your childhood dreams and become a superhero. Now you're also Salary Man, Tokyo's very own defender of justice, honor, and all around good morals.

Recently you've stumbled into a couple troublesome situations. Tonight you're helping a teenager set up a trap for his bullies so that he can beat try to beat them up, get footage of the whole thing if it fails, and ultimately scare them off before they can escalate their aggression towards him further. Besides this, tomorrow you have a meeting with Uyeda Raiden, the Vice-President of the new Edogawa Office of Sony concerning the furnishing of said office. The man is more than a little off-putting with his methods, but you've met more than your fair share of snakes in the business world and you know the next few months, if not the the whole year, will be made very painful for you if you don't manage to secure this deal. You're not willing to work 24/7 crunch time like in your youth, but you'll just have to get it your best effort to secure a favorable deal with him, as annoying as that may seem.

Archives: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Salary%20Man
Twitter: https://twitter.com/QmWalrus
>>
You resist the immediate urge to swear about how dangerous that setup is and silently compose yourself. "That's... more than a little overboard. Tripping them is fine, but the nails are way too dangerous. You CANNOT spill those around. No matter what they did to you you're just trying to put a proper scare into them and show them that they can't mess with you, right?" You stare at Kame as you say this, trying to size him up. After a few moments he simply nods. "Y'know what, you're right, the nails are more dangerous than I thought. I'll refrain." He then grabs the piano wire and nonchalantly returns to his task of booby-trapping the shrine, although he does seem a bit deflated. Unable to see any indication that it was more than a mistake in evaluating the danger of such a trap made in his overeagerness to help, you do your best to remember what Hiro told you and begin getting the cameras set up.

This task doesn't end until rather late at night, but when you do finally return home your parents are still awake. If your memories aren't failing you in your exhaustion, they should be heading to a hot spring tomorrow morning. ...God, you wish you could blow everything off and go to one yourself. You should tell them goodbye before they leave, your morning schedule is tight as is. You approach the two of them, who appear to be watching some sort of romance movie. Your father has a stolid expression on his face as he attempts to stealthily retrieve a book lying on your coffee table, while your mother is intensely focusing on the film.

"The girl in this movie has such a nice attitude. It really is a shame you don't have someone like that." ...Going on the offense before you even speak. Impressive. You ignore the comment and wish your parents goodbye, mentioning that you won't be able to send them off in the morning. Your father just says to take care of yourself and to consider what he said before, while your mother proceeds to fuss over you. Some of it's annoying (particularly the reminder about your brother's birthday- you forgot about it once 25 years ago and she hasn't forgotten to remind you a single year since), but it still makes you happy nonetheless. After about 15 minutes you manage to extricate yourself and fall into your bed.

The next day is the end of the week meeting, which passes relatively quick. In between such important discussions as which coffee machine to purchase for the kitchen and what color it should be (following up a lengthy discussion at the start of week meeting about the pros and cons of replacing the current coffee machine) you finish with the busy work thrust upon your boss and later thrust upon you, compose a list of potential new clients you can either call yourself or pass to someone under you, and finish reading over yet another set of reports about the current state of Sony in preparation for your meeting tonight.
>>
File: Edogawaku-800x500.jpg (63 KB, 800x500)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>4785328
Kame was, fortunately, able to delay the meeting at the shrine back a day when you prompted him about it, so you aren't in too much of a hurry. You leave the end of week meeting "early" (8:45 PM) citing your need to prepare for the Sony meeting, and then grab your car from a nearby parking lot. It's generally a lot easier (and more sleep efficient) to use public transport, but the whole reason you have a fancy car is for this sort of thing- it wouldn't seem proper not to bring one to a meeting like this.

By 9:30 PM you're waiting outside an upscale bar in Edogawa, the easternmost ward of Tokyo. After a short wait you walk in, around 15 minutes early. Uyeda-san, the might Vice-President of the Edogawa Office, enters at 10 PM on the dot. You greet him, exchange business cards, and wait for him to indicate whether he'd prefer a booth or the bar itself. He goes for a booth.

Matters of business are left aside for a moment as Uyeda immediately orders food on top of a drink. He puts forth an embarrassed smile and apologizes, although after your previous conversation you can't help but be suspicious about whether any of that is genuine. Fortunately it's just him acting hungry, so you don't have to- as far as you can tell there are no mindgames here. ...Or at least not ones that can affect you. Once you order a drink Uyeda seems content to begin to go on about unimportant business, not even inching towards the deal at hand.
>You just sit there and go along with it. If he wants to get around to it he will, and if not he won't. Business involves a lot of building rapport for deals like this, so if he wants to avoid the topic until your second or third meeting you'll just have to drink with him and go along with it. [Rapport challenge]
>You can play his game, but you don't plan on acting passively. You'll try to seize control of the conversation a little and gently prod at him, getter a better idea of his personality, and his likes and dislikes. You know he does things a little underhanded, but not much more than that. [Empathy challenge]
>You honestly can't be bothered to sit through meetings of meaningless chatter anymore, important deal or not. You'll just politely bulldoze through his conversation and get to the point of this entire meeting. What are the specifics of the Edogawa office and how can your company best fulfill them. [Rapport challenge to attempt to do with some semblance of tact]
>Write-in
>>
Ah, forgot to add the character sheet in the OP.
Character Sheet: https://pastebin.com/7bsv4A8y
That should be all then, I'm glad to be back. Sorry for the disappearing yet. Not putting a 100% guarantee on it yet, but this week will probably be daily updates, and if votes permit after that I may speed things up a bit since the semester is ending.
>>
shit, dude. I thought you died
>>
>>4785334
>>Write-in
Let's break his stride. Bring up the Maid cafe you tend to frequent a lot because of a client. Or perhaps our recent foray into Death Metal
>>
>>4785334
>It's Just Business
Hopefully to applies to this scenario
>You can play his game, but you don't plan on acting passively. You'll try to seize control of the conversation a little and gently prod at him, getter a better idea of his personality, and his likes and dislikes. You know he does things a little underhanded, but not much more than that. [Empathy challenge]
Empathy so far is our strongest skill.
>>
>>4785456
support
>>
>>4785456
Support
>>
Rolled 88, 51, 11, 100, 17, 23, 60, 27, 71, 59, 86, 27, 76, 38, 83, 15 = 832 (16d100)

Sugimoto Daisuke is attempting to lead the conversation along and glean some information through Uyeda Raiden's formidable poker face.
Sugimoto Daisuke's Empathy Skill: 4/Amazing
+1 Skill Rank from It's Just Business

Uyeda Raiden's Deceive Skill: 4/Amazing
+2: Hidden Modifier

Final Rolls: best of 32d100 vs. best of 16d100+3
as always, roll as many dice from the 32 as you want, it would be horrifying if they had to be rolled one at a time
>>
Rolled 64, 17, 24, 37, 21, 65, 59, 13, 12, 55, 41, 72, 95, 71, 33, 7 = 686 (16d100)

>>4786568
I'll roll a modest 16d100
>>
Rolled 60, 42, 65, 20, 6, 28, 48, 80, 25, 6, 60, 23, 95, 49, 56, 17 = 680 (16d100)

>>4786568
>>
Rolled 83, 29, 74, 44, 2, 76, 21, 66, 32, 52 = 479 (10d100)

>>4786568
>>
>>4786568
>gets 100
FFS!
>>
Uyeda's on his A-game today, huh.
Alright, that's 95 vs. 102, failure. Will write the update within the next hour or two, just woke up.
>>
Damn Uyeda, that deceitful bastard!
>>
File: the battleground.jpg (184 KB, 1200x800)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>>4786589
>>4787216
>>4787379
Well, if you're going to be making small talk for the next hour or two you may as well make the best of it. You take the offense and begin leading the conversation. Some topics are related to his 'industry', some to yours, and some are completely unrelated. The only common link is that all of them are just to assess his likes and dislikes and his behavior, but you achieve surprisingly little on that front. Despite intensely scrutinizing Uyeda's every response you can't get a read on him. No topics he likes or hates, no behavioral quirks, not even what mood he's in.

Although you suppose saying you discovered nothing isn't entirely true- if pressed you'd be able to say you found out one thing. Uyeda Raiden is an abnormally cautious man who has one hell of a poker face. You've gone through a lot of big business meetings in the past quarter century, and you could count the number of people who were this guarded during them on one hand. It's just supposed to be breaking the ice before some relatively minor business deal (on their end) for the furnishings inside his new office. Why would anyone in his position place be so careful about this?!

Eventually you're forced to give up on your analysis and simply conclude that Uyeda Raiden has his guard up all the time. That can't be normal from your experience, but given that he works in the upper echelons of a company as large as Sony, it's at least explainable- from what you've heard some of the corporate scuffles at that level can be brutal. After an hour of conversation Uyeda has downed his food and a frankly impressive amount of alcohol, and moves to bring the conversation to a close.

"Well, I think we've made a lot of progress here Sugimoto-san, and I'll consider your company's offers. I'd hand you some of the specifics regarding the requirements of the Edogawa office, but I don't have them on me- secretary's mistake." As he says this he smiles what you think is the first genuine smile you've seen from him tonight. "You'll have to swing by the office and pick up the documents tomorrow. I'll be busy, but my secretary can take care of you. Er- if they're not busy that is. Either way someone will get the documents to you."
>>
>>4787981
Didn't bring the documents your ass, he never even opened up his briefcase to check. If he knew he didn't have something like that ahead of time he would've mentioned it leading into the conversation. This is clearly just disrespect at this point. Whether he just gets a kick out of making people he doesn't need to be polite to run around at his expense or if this is something more targeted, you can't tell. Maybe it's another unnecessary mindgame of his? You could certainly see it throw off someone less experienced than yourself.
>"That's a shame. I'll send someone over to pick the documents up tomorrow." Fuck if you're going along with this, you'll just send someone else to get them.
>"I'll come over to pick up the specifications tomorrow around noon then." Weird hobby, mindgame, or targeted attack, it doesn't really matter. It's just a short trip.
>"Electronic copies will suffice. Our fax is..." If he wants to play around with you he can try it another day, you don't need the physical copies.
>"We'll just have to delay things until after our next meeting then. Make sure you're not too hard on your secretary for their mistake- it was just an accident after all." If he's not going to be polite you won't be either. [Provoke challenge]
>Write-in
>>
>>4787983
>"That's a shame. I'll send someone over to pick the documents up tomorrow." Fuck if you're going along with this, you'll just send someone else to get them.
>>
>>4787983
>"I'll come over to pick up the specifications tomorrow around noon then." Weird hobby, mindgame, or targeted attack, it doesn't really matter. It's just a short trip.
I get the feeling, he'll give us the slip if we don't go there ourselves
>>
>>4787983
>>"We'll just have to delay things until after our next meeting then. Make sure you're not too hard on your secretary for their mistake- it was just an accident after all." If he's not going to be polite you won't be either.
Impossibru. He's pulling our leg just to see how our cock swings. Well, let's show him!
>>
Oh look, a tie
>>
>>4787983
>"We'll just have to delay things until after our next meeting then. Make sure you're not too hard on your secretary for their mistake- it was just an accident after all." If he's not going to be polite you won't be either.
Oh look, a tiebreaker
>>
>>4788761
Oh look, another based [Provoke challenge] chad
>>
>>4788789
Oh look, I was just passing by when I saw this absolutely cringe tie. Had to do something about it.
>>
>>4787983

Oh look. Guess we're tied again
>>
>>4789301
Cheeky bastard you are
>>
Well, ties mean I wrote decent choices.
Will close the vote in about 12 hours, after I cram for an exam and do a few other miscellaneous things.
>>
>>4787983
Feels like he will have a sexy secretary harras us then blackmail us or just directly say we are a rapist and ruin our life if one thing japan has is a unfair legal system and even if not proven guilty people will treat us like that
>>
File: image_8.png (3.3 MB, 1536x1024)
3.3 MB
3.3 MB PNG
Rolled 1 (1d2)

Well, I suppose the tie will be left up to the dice gods to break.
1. Head there yourself tomorrow
2. Provoke challenge
>>
File: file.png (1.01 MB, 928x509)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
>>4788009
>>4788166
>>4788223
>>4788761
>>4789301
You almost lose your temper and make a few lightly-veiled insults, but thanks to the years of training your boss has brought you in this field you manage to barely stop yourself. You simply nod and pick up your briefcase. "I'll come over to pick up the specifications tomorrow around noon then." Uyeda rises as well. "I'll make sure to inform them you're coming. Drive safe and have a good night."

After returning a few pleasantries of your own you leave and head back to your car. A few muttered swears can be heard over the sound of your radio as you drive away into the night. You're brain is on autopilot as you drive, most of your attention focused on silently complaining to yourself. Why are you always the one who has to deal with these assholes? Can't they at least be the somewhat fun kind of annoying? At this point you'd rather take another meeting with Miyoshi at that godforsaken maid cafe- no, TWO meetings with Miyoshi- than another one with that bastard.

Unfortunately your complaints are for naught, although they do help you dissipate most of your frustration by the time you arrive home. It's still only midnight, so you consider getting a couple extra hours in before you go to sleep, but eh... you have to help Kame deal with his bullies tomorrow. A couple extra hours of sleep wouldn't hurt.

Saturday morning goes without any real surprises. Your routine is still the same, the trains all arrive on time, and work is still as much of a pain as ever. Out of low-hanging fruit in terms of work and not wanting to cold call a bunch of potential clients, you simply pop around the department and deal with problems unsolicited. You don't think anyone is struggling too much under the workload right now given the sheer amount of hours they have to get it done in, but it never hurts to work on stuff preemptively.

As you finish your self-appointed task, you remember that phone call you got from Tadashi a couple days ago. You figured you'd give him space for a few days, but at this point you might want to call him back. He didn't say he needed any help, but you feel some responsibility to make sure the president hasn't literally driven one of your employees to insanity nonetheless.
>You'll just give him a quick call and then head over to Sony. He's probably alright on his own.
>His address should be on record somewhere. Once you're done picking up the documents you'll head over to his house and see how he's doing. Maybe even bring a few of these pills you have for nervous breakdowns, just in case he wants some now.
>You'll pay him a visit, but today isn't a good time, what with your plans for tonight. You may as well get done with the Sony thing and then use it as an excuse to leave for the day. With all the importance Junpei places on this it just gives you more excuses than ever to not be here.
>Write-in
Next update tonight
>>
>>4790584
>>You'll pay him a visit, but today isn't a good time, what with your plans for tonight. You may as well get done with the Sony thing and then use it as an excuse to leave for the day. With all the importance Junpei places on this it just gives you more excuses than ever to not be here.
>>
>>4790584
>You'll pay him a visit, but today isn't a good time, what with your plans for tonight. You may as well get done with the Sony thing and then use it as an excuse to leave for the day. With all the importance Junpei places on this it just gives you more excuses than ever to not be here.
>You'll just give him a quick call and then head over to Sony. He's probably alright on his own.
>Write-in
If hes feeling down, ask if he would like to hang out when we have the time. Karaoke, food, bars, etc.
>>
>>4790789
+1
>>
File: sony.jpg (80 KB, 800x533)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>4790676
>>4790789
>>4790940
Given your plans for tonight visiting Tadashi may just be an unwelcome... complication, so you'll just give him a call for now. Hell, for all you know he's doing perfectly fine and visiting him while he's working through things would just be a bother. He's an adult after all, you're sure he can handle himself.

"I'm fine, I'm fine- absolutely perfect. Right now I'm planning on doing something big- unprecedented. Well, at least for me." "...And what is that exactly?" "Dunno yet. But it's going to be awesome. I have the energy. I just need time. I'm sure I can think of something." You've never heard Tadashi speak like this. He sounds happy on the surface, but something feels off about the way he's speaking. His words are moving at a breakneck pace, and he sounds... desperate for lack of a better word. You wonder if he actually feels this way or if he's forcing himself. "I still have those pills if you're interested. They help." "No, no, I just said, I'm fine, I'm fine. I'll be back in a week or three, don't worry about it."
...Despite his request, you're still worried about it.
>Perhaps a visit is in order. You have the day off tomorrow, so you'll pop over then.
>Well, if he says he's fine he's fine. You'll just keep an eye on things and watch it play out.
>Write-in

With the call done with you take care of a few minor things before heading over to Sony's headquarters in Minato. It's a massive, imposing skyscraper housed among many similarly massive and imposing skyscrapers. An impressive sight for someone visiting Tokyo's business districts for the first time, but one that you have long since been dulled to. To be frank, you wish it was all prettied up a little- yes, skyscrapers are efficient, but they lack what truly matters: soul. Couldn't they at least paint the thing? Red stripes are pretty aesthetic. Intimidating. And maybe while they're at it they can pop a mecha head on top as a sort of penthouse...

As you consider the logistics behind decorating skyscrapers as mechas in worrying detail, you arrive at the front desk. After stating your name and appointment you are informed that you are not on the list and will need to wait. Lovely. While security stares you down you make a call to Uyeda, who does not pick up. After nearly a quarter hour his secretary says she'll pass the info on, but that she's busy at the moment. It takes another half hour of awkwardly sitting in the lobby before she does pass this info on.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (349 KB, 800x533)
349 KB
349 KB PNG
>>4792239
Unfortunately, this is not the end of your delays. The printer is supposedly broken, and you're left to awkwardly wait in the break room. Not that you mind too much. Once the first delay cropped up you figured it was intentional, and didn't expect to be done here any time soon. At this point you'd say you're halfway done with your skyscraper-mecha redecoration plan. It's a damn shame you're not an architect, you're missing a lot of the knowledge you'd need to flesh things out. Ah, but that can't be changed- at least not in the short term- more importantly, you need to something to sketch on. Good thing you have your briefcase...

"Apologies for the wait Sugimoto-san. Writing up something?" "Yes, I figured I'd just get a short report finished while I was waiting. No use wasting the time." You hurriedly stuff Project Mechascraper back into your briefcase before Uyeda's secretary can take a look at what you've written. She finally hands you the documents you came here for as you do so. "Very diligent of you. Here are the specifications for the Edogawa Office. I wish you best of luck with the designs, as I'll be one of the employees utilizing them."

You take the documents off her hands and scan through them. They appear to be what you came for at least- no more tricks. The secretary brews herself a cup of coffee as you pack your things and get ready to leave. As you do so, something occurs to you. ...It's risky, but this might be a chance to figure out what's going on in Uyeda's head. His secretary has to be familiar with how he acts, probably moreso than anyone else. Of course, that comes with problems- his secretary could be closer to him than anyone else. Mining her for information might irritate the both of them depending on how you do it.
>You'd like to know more about the man, but eh... there's no need. You can get that done in time. This is too risky. You'll just leave and enjoy the time you have left before your Salary Man duties.
>"I have a few minutes before I should leave for my next meeting. Do you want to chat?" Maybe you'll get info about Uyeda, maybe you won't, but it's an innocuous way you can go about things. You suppose the only risk is coming off like you're hitting on her, but that shouldn't happen. ...Probably [Rapport challenge]
>"Uyeda-san certainly in an interesting fellow. Would you mind telling me more about him?" This is clearly you mining for information, but eh, while it's a breach of etiquette it's a rather minor. More than excusable. [Rapport challenge]
>"I'm sorry to be rude, but I'm going to have to be frank. Why is Uyeda-san so... unpleasant?" With a boss like that, there's no way she doesn't dislike him. You should just ask.
>Write-in
>>
>>4792244
>"Uyeda-san certainly in an interesting fellow. Would you mind telling me more about him?" This is clearly you mining for information, but eh, while it's a breach of etiquette it's a rather minor. More than excusable. [Rapport challenge]
>>
>>4792239
>>Perhaps a visit is in order. You have the day off tomorrow, so you'll pop over then.
>>
>>4792244
>Perhaps a visit is in order. You have the day off tomorrow, so you'll pop over then.
I forgot. Do we have plans for tomorrow?

>"I have a few minutes before I should leave for my next meeting. Do you want to chat?" Maybe you'll get info about Uyeda, maybe you won't, but it's an innocuous way you can go about things. You suppose the only risk is coming off like you're hitting on her, but that shouldn't happen. ...Probably [Rapport challenge]
>>
>>4792239
>>Well, if he says he's fine he's fine. You'll just keep an eye on things and watch it play out.

>>4792244
Chickenshit bastards.
>>
>>4792244
I'd like to study the secretary first. From the way she acts, i don't think she's nearly as machiavellian as her boss, but is competent enough to play out her part of the act properly. She's likely either a 2 or 3 on the decieve scale, both of which we can crack through with some luck.
The main problem is that she will report our every action to him, and as we don't know what kind of man he is we don't know what behavior he wants to see. Is Uyeda measuring our competence? For what reason? He may just respect the qualities he himself excells in, and prefer dealing with people on his level, or he could prefer to steer clear of skilled negotiators because he gets better deals out of the obviously inferior. Hell, maybe he's passively scouting us for Sony, if they happen to need someonw with our expertise and seniority/experience. Junpeis incompetence has to be an open secret considering how obvious he's being, and being looked over for promotion because we are needed to babysit our boss makes us an easy grab on paper.
I don't know enough about japanese work culture to know if jumping companies at our level is frowned upon or not, but if we get the offer we should consider it
>>
>>4792244
Also, i love your quest QM. Just finished the archived content and you're absolutely great. This has been the comfiest read on the board since i don't even know when, and your characterisation holds up to printed fiction standard. Thank you for running. I mean it.
>>
>>4792239
And take the pills with us.

Worst case scenario we end up cucking the man.
>>
>>4792239
>>4792244

tiebreaker!!!!!
>>
>>4792275
>>4792297
>>4792312
>>4792669
>>4792818
>>4793616
Sugimoto Daisuke is attempting to have a polite conversation with Uyeda Raiden's secretary where he discreetly mines her for information.
Sugimoto Daisuke's Rapport Skill: 3/Great
+1 Skill Rank: It's Just Business
-10: It's quite the task to lead the conversation around whilst concealing your motive.
-5: This woman is required to be polite to you, but she also just want to get her coffee and get back to work. You are on a time limit.

Static DCs: 60, 70, 80
Final Rolls: bo16d100-15 vs. Static DCs
>>4792733
Thanks!
>>
Rolled 24, 77, 2, 19, 87, 21, 55, 69, 12, 49, 1, 27, 59, 70, 56, 19 + 15 = 662 (16d100 + 15)

>>4793930
rollen
>>
Rolled 31, 94, 65, 93, 2, 12, 7, 79, 22, 61, 79, 28, 75, 2, 39, 4 - 15 = 678 (16d100 - 15)

>>4793930
Rollolol

>>4793939
You couldn't even apply the modifier right
>>
Rolled 52, 88, 72, 13, 72, 19, 3, 46, 65, 46, 89, 31, 22, 37, 38, 44 + 15 = 752 (16d100 + 15)

>>4793930
>>
>>4793939
alright, that's a final roll of 72, 2/3 DCs passed
expect an update in 1-2 hours
also
>64 dice in thread and none of them passed the highest DC
that is a 1.9% chance, I am impressed
>>
>>4793983
how do I apply -15 modifier?
>>
Rolled 91 - 10 (1d100 - 10)

>>4793984
uh, the first roll is fine since it has 16d100 but for future reference:
dice+XdY+-Z
ex. dice+1d100+-10
inb4 I forgot how to do it too and that's totally wrong
>>
Rolled 86, 57, 35, 34, 25, 82, 100, 26, 68, 92, 16, 69, 79, 88, 85, 21 - 15 = 948 (16d100 - 15)

>>4793930
>>
>>4793993
are you not entertained!?
>>
>>4793987
understandable, thanks
>>
File: anon i.jpg (70 KB, 820x656)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>4793987
>>4793984
>>4793952
>Anons, I-
Modifiers only affect the grand total of the roll, not each individual dice roll. Unfortunately, QM, you're just going to have to subtract each number in your head. Or add +15 to the DC's? I'm tired and drunk so don't quote me on that logic.
>>
File: glassesaskew.jpg (88 KB, 1280x720)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
Rolled 52, 22, 82, 12, 18, 12, 96, 64, 73, 83, 64, 60, 77, 15, 2, 75 = 807 (16d100)

>>4793930
>>
File: mmmmm awake juice.jpg (164 KB, 1500x1125)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>4793939
>>4793952
>>4793958
>>4794086
Well, there's no harm in sticking around for a few minutes and trying to have a chat. Probably.

As you approach the door you pause for a moment and glance at your watch. "Hm, it looks like I'll be rather early for my next meeting if I leave now. Would you like to chat for a moment, miss...?" "Kuno." She doesn't say anything after that, but you suppose you have her permission to continue.

"We actually have a deal with the manufacturer of that coffee machine." "Oh?" She seems genuinely interested. Now how to go from here. Going further on the topic is technically a leak of 'secret' information, but it's not like Sony, or Uyeda Raiden for that matter, are unaware of how your industry works or the brands you push. As long as you don't go into specific numbers there's no problem with the information you're providing.

"For most of their machines, that model included, we're able to buy at a heavily discounted price. Not at cost or anything ridiculous, but enough that we're able to get a profit when stocking offices with them. We do have to purchase a certain quantity of machines per month, but that's not a problem- almost every office has at least one coffee machine, usually more. We deal with restocking offices so we have a few similar deals with companies providing perishables like coffee beans, although delivery and storage can cut into the profits on that. In fact..."

After going on about your work for a couple of minutes you bring things to a close. She seemed interested enough, but there's no need to drag things on. That wasn't your goal anyways. "Interesting. I wouldn't suppose I'd be able to buy one off of you?" You politely laugh. "I wouldn't mind, but we don't do really do individual sales. If Uyeda-san closes the deal with us then maybe you can bring it up with him." You can, in fact, do personal sales if you personally take care of the paperwork (the company would never be against earning a little extra), but effectively bribing Uyeda's secretary in response to a joke is probably not a good idea.

Now that you've had a chance to naturally mention Uyeda, you don't hesitate to ask your question. "Speaking of Uyeda-san, what do you think about him? He's certainly an interesting fellow." ...It's still clear you're mining for info to anyone who thinks about it, but, well, you had a conversation beforehand. You naturally brought up your question and you've done so politely. Whether she answers is up to her, but you don't this could be considered a gaffe of any sort, even a minor one.

She hesitates for a moment before nodding. "Vice President Uyeda is interesting. If I had to describe him, I'd say he's a talented and driven man. Maybe a bit too driven." She frowns slightly as she says that, before cutting the conversation off. "I should be getting back to work. It was nice speaking with you Sugimoto-san." "Same to you Kuno-san. Have a nice day."
>>
>>4794111
Dammit, you didn't expect to hear anything too interesting, but you feel like you almost got something there, before she cut herself off. What did she mean by too driven? Him climbing the ladder caused friction? It's why he's so manipulate and guarded? Maybe just that he's a workaholic? Maybe ALL of that?

After a minute you force yourself to stop thinking about it. You don't have enough information to narrow things down, so mulling over it more would just be wasting time. Once you're out of the Sony building you slow down and think about things. That took far longer than it should have, but it's only around 2. You have plenty of time until tonight. Now you just need to figure out what to do until then.

As if reading your thoughts, your personal phone vibrates. You glance at it and see a text from Miyoshi. "oyyyyyyyy get drinks with me" "How did you know I was done with work already?" "i meant later but now i do!" A few moments later you get another text from her. "www" You don't understand that one.
>You'll have to pass. You haven't gone on patrol in a while and now is a good time to do so. Time to spread some justice.
>Well, you're not normally one for drinking, but you can have a drink or two and chat.
>Ah, what the hell. Too early to drink, but not like you have anything better to do. You can figure out something to do.
>Eh, there's a chance this could end up being a complainingfest. You'll pass this time. Maybe that dude you met at the metal concert is free...
>Write-in
>>4794086
aye, I was fine with the first roll, I can subtract 15 from the highest roll in my head
nothing wrong with anons rolling for one DC so much they're causing a dice shortage rivaling Wong's though
>>
>>4794117
>Compulsive need to socialise intensifies
Fug. We should really be doing some last minute recog on that bully. See where he lives, how big/violent he seems. Maybe figure out who his family members are, and if using them to guilt him will work tonight. I vote for contacting our bullying victim and asking for the adress ASAP
>>
>>4794117
>Well, you're not normally one for drinking, but you can have a drink or two and chat.
This looks like another scenario where we might need to drive her home again.

We still need to visit the meet up shrine location at night to install all the stuff, right OP, or did we do all that already?
>>
>>4794478
You installed all the stuff a couple days ago, start of thread/end of last thread update. You do want to arrive a bit early to doublecheck it all though.
Also, just remembered if somebody asked if the MC has plans for tomorrow, he does not. ...Well, except the house visit, but that's why they asked.
>>
>>4794117
>Ah, what the hell. Too early to drink, but not like you have anything better to do. You can figure out something to do.

We can't get drunk before the shrine, that's a recipe for disaster, but we can find some way to spend time with her.
>>
>>4794117
>You'll have to pass. You haven't gone on patrol in a while and now is a good time to do so. Time to spread some justice.
>>
Have to take care of some stuff today, might not be an update. If there is it will be about half a day from now.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.