[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 31 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

So, news!

Couple things. If anyone missed the tweet, I'm going to have to change up our schedule a little bit. We'll be taking a week off every month from here on out, I think- so we'll be running three weeks, and then taking one off. Honestly, I'm not entirely happy doing that, but I think it's getting pretty evident that it's gonna be a necessary thing. Not sure if health is going or what, but doesn't seem like I even have the energy I did last year, haha. Oh well, is what it is. This also probably means we'll have 1 thread a month, since we've been able to get three runs easily into one thread- and I tend to re-use a lot of images!

School's done in May- the 12th is my last day. While that's not an immediate concern, going back to work will mess with our schedule further. Not sure how yet, that's going to depend on where I end up working, but something to keep in mind.

Anyway, archives here: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Strike%20Witches%202016
And discord here: https://discord.gg/mFf7yeeq

And that's it!

====================================

The first morning in new quarters is always a little odd, you think, waking up. Morgan and Kyou are already up- You'd discussed plans for the morning last night, and the task of getting your new quarters up and running has fallen entirely to you. Not that you mind- you got to sleep in a little, which you're learning to appreciate for what it is, and you've got the luxury of being able to linger a little on the mattress you spent last night on before climbing out of the sheets and heading over to one of the two upstairs bathrooms with your hygene kit and getting a nice, long, hot shower. You can hear the other four heading out just as you shut off the shower, off to go meet the liaison officer and report in to the base's air wing commander.

It doesn't bother you that they've gone off without you- you have your tasks as assigned to you by Lady Kyou, of course, and it's enough to keep you busy, especially in an unfamiliar area like this. You know that there's a sizable American presence here at Atsugi and in the surrounding area, but this is still the empire of Japan, not the US- despite, you think, the significant cultural intermixing they've done in the last seventy or so years.

Getting dressed quickly- and remaining bareleg, as Kyou insists you do when it's practical- you dig a few packets of tea out of your bags and make something to drink in the kitchen- you have to heat the water in the microwave above the stove, instead of a proper kettle, of course, but you'll be able to fix that soon enough. Tea in hand, you take a few minutes to walk through the entirety of the house, taking in just how sizable it really is- the bedrooms downstairs alone are easily twice the size of the rooms at Miramar, if not larger. The two large bedrooms upstairs were clearly designed for a king sized bed- again, if not a larger one- which you're reasonably sure you'll need.

1/2
>>
You'll also have to arrange for cooking implements for Morgan and yourself- he's indicated he intends to have his cast iron shipped over, but that will take at least a week, you're sure, and you can hardly go without on the mean time. And even then, there's things that cast iron isn't particularly well suited for, so you'll need a good set of cookwear.

Finishing your tea, you blink. "Tessa?" You say, and the AI chimes the house speakers- one of the things Merlin was quite explicit about was that the AIs both have access to everywhere but the bedrooms, and that the base server farm meant that Tessa and Muninn could function around the house, as well.

"Yes, mum?" The AI asks. She can't project an avatar into the building anywhere, there's no display equipment for her to do so yet, though Merlin has indicated that she intends to have a pair of full-scale tanks brought in for them within the next few days.

"Would you kindly summon a vehicle and driver?" You ask. "I've quite a lot to do today."

"Admiral Wells indicated that she left a tablet in her room, and that if you preferred, it may be easier to order things and have them brought here from local stores, instead of leaving yourself." The AI responds. "I should notify you that the provost marshal will be establishing their guard post in the entryway today. They'll be moving in their furniture and equipment as well."

"Do you know when?" You ask.

"Not currently. They've said they intend to move things in before noon, so I imagine rather soon. They're aware that the team will be handling inprocessing tasks today, however it may mean that it's rather cluttered in the front if we're to be bringing in furniture as well."

You frown. "I rather doubt anyone wishes to spend another night on the air mattresses." You say. You, certainly, don't mind them, but they are rather... limiting.

You can picture Tessa's shrug. "Merely informing you, mum." She says. "Admiral Wells indicated that should you prefer to shop from here, that many stores offered local delivery services on the same day, and that it may be preferable to manage things that way, instead of attempting to do things in person, especially with the security element moving their equipment in as well."

[] It does sound as if that would make things easier.
[] I think I still prefer to do it in person. Summon a vehicle, please.
>>
>>4729786
[x] I think I still prefer to do it in person. Summon a vehicle, please.

I think this matches up rather well with her work focused attitude.
>>
>>4729786
>[X] I think I still prefer to do it in person. Summon a vehicle, please.
>>
>>4729786

>[] I think I still prefer to do it in person. Summon a vehicle, please.

Based maid
>>
>>4729786
>[x] I think I still prefer to do it in person. Summon a vehicle, please.
We'll still need the furniture store to truck the bigger stuff over either way.
>>
>>4729786
>[X] I think I still prefer to do it in person. Summon a vehicle, please.
>>
ok, votes called!
>>
[x] I think I still prefer to do it in person. Summon a vehicle, please.

"I think I still prefer to do it in person." You respond. "Summon a vehicle, please."

"Of course, mum." She says. "They'll be along presently."

"Thank you, Tessa." You say, and you can picture the AI's nod.

"Will there be anything else?" She asks.

"Not for now, thank you." You say, dismissing her- in as much as she's ever really dismissed. With the AIs wired into the house, now, you can't help but wonder about the privacy issues- Merlin, of course, was quick to reassure everyone that they had nothing wired into the bedrooms or any of the baths, but you know as well as anyone else in the team that they're still entirely capable of hearing what's going on, if nothing else- you may think about picking up some soundproofing or, failing that, some rather nice wall hangings to help deaden the noise.

The idea grows on you as your vehicle arrives, complete with a driver. The young sailor that comes to pick you up seems entirely too young to be in the military, but he's still an E-5- which means he's been in at least long enough to prove he knows what he's doing. He's also under arms, with a pistol buckled on- which is unusual, but entirely acceptable in the empire, which expects officers and even some enlisted to go about their daily business in uniform while armed.

"Where to first, Ma'am?" He asks.

You frown, thinking. You fully expect you'll need a delivery truck- or two- to manage the majority of the furniture, and it may be best to get that moving first, however you're also anxious to make sure that at least the bare minimum is in place for Morgan to be able to cook this evening. It would hardly do, you think, to have to eat your first supper in your new home at the mess hall.

[] Furniture stores first. Delivery there will take the longest, you want it started as soon as possible.
[] Home goods store first- You want to have the Kitchen squared away as soon as you can.
>>
>>4729956
>[X] Furniture stores first. Delivery there will take the longest, you want it started as soon as possible.
>>
>>4729956
>[X] Furniture stores first. Delivery there will take the longest, you want it started as soon as possible.

If we get the ingredients later they will be fresher and spend less time outside of appropriate storage.
>>
>>4729956
>[x] Furniture stores first. Delivery there will take the longest, you want it started as soon as possible.
>>
>>4729956
>[x] Furniture stores first. Delivery there will take the longest, you want it started as soon as possible.

Time for the biggest bed
>>
>>4729956
>>
>>4729956
>[] Furniture stores first. Delivery there will take the longest, you want it started as soon as possible.

Wolfo wants BEEG BED, a BEEG BED she shall have.
>>
>>4729956
>>
ok, votes called! sorry about that, got caught up in blender. Finally starting to grok that fuckin program!
>>
>>4729956
>>
[x] Furniture stores first. Delivery there will take the longest, you want it started as soon as possible.

"The nearest furniture stores, please." You say. You want to get started on that- especially since you know you're going to have to get a very large mattress and bed set- Kyou having specifically stated that she'd rather not echo the arrangement the Bishop household uses. That's fine with you, you think- their system works for them, but it's also clearly not what Kyou intends for her own household. That said, it also means you'll have to get a little more creative- You know there's mattresses large enough for what she's got in mind- an Alaskan king should do quite nicely- but getting it moved in and out will be tricky, at best.

Close to the base, most of the stores wouldn't look too out of place in the US, you think- smaller than they would be, but otherwise not out of place. It doesn't really come as a surprise, given that this, along with the joint base at Yokosuka, are both large and have sizable permanent populations of Americans.

"I'll wait out here with the vee, ma'am." Your driver says as he pulls in to park in a slightly undersized lot- you guess the store isn't usually very busy, though you can see a pair of delivery trucks parked around to it's side- a good sign, as you'll probably need the services of both.

Stepping inside, you note that it's cool in here- certainly moreso than you'd like, given that you're bareleg. You know how to pull down a thermal covering, of course, but you'd rather not- you've always been much more conservative about using your abilities than, say, Kyou is.

You're greeted by a young man who's clearly a dependent of someone on the base- which makes him more than a little unusual, though you imagine keeping at least one American on staff is common around here at businesses that see a lot of servicemembers. "Hello!" He greets you. "Can I help you today?"

"I've need of a rather lot of things." You say, smiling. "I've to furnish a large house rather quickly."

He nods. "I'll help as much as I can. You'll need delivery?" He asks, and you nod. "Ok, well. Where do you want to start? I've got living room sets over there, Dining is that way, and I've got bedroom furniture and mattresses there in the back."

[] Let's get bedrooms out of the way.
[] Let's do the living room first. I'll need to get things for the lounge there, as well.
[] Let's get the dining furniture done. We'll want that set up before supper.
>>
>>4730076
>[X] Let's get the dining furniture done. We'll want that set up before supper.
>>
>>4730076
>[] Let's get the dining furniture done. We'll want that set up before supper.
>>
>>4730076
>[X] Let's get bedrooms out of the way.

As far as I'm concerned, this is priority numero uno when moving into a new place, assuming stuff like a microwave and a kitchen sink is present - having a proper place to sleep, and sleep restfully, is wonderfully helpful in reducing stress.
>>
>>4730076
>[X] Let's get bedrooms out of the way.
>>
>>4730076
>[x] Let's get bedrooms out of the way.
>>
>>4730076
>[] Let's get bedrooms out of the way.
>>
>>4730076
>>
>>4730076
>>
Ok gents, votes called! This'll probably be our last update for the evening!
>>
[x] Let's get bedrooms out of the way.

"Bedrooms, if you please." You say, and he nods.

"Follow me." He says, weaving through the displays of furniture. Most of them are quite nice, you note- and all are very western, looking like they'd be entirely in place in any given home you'd have seen in California, or anywhere else in the US, really. You make some notes- you see a few you like, and you're certain Kyou would as well. She seems to enjoy large, comfortable furniture that's still reasonably indicative of her place in the imperial family- how you plan to do that, you're not sure. Maybe leather? You've never been much of a fan of it, but it would fit the requirements, so long as you can find a reasonable set.

"The biggest mattresses we've got here are King." He says. "We can get up to Alaskan King, but we've got to order those, and they'll drive them in. Usually we can get them in same day, but sometimes it takes a couple days."

You nod. "I will be needing an Alaska King." You say. "And at least two queen sized beds, as well."

He blinks, but that's the only sign he gives of his surprise. "I see." He says, a little diplomatically. "Well, we don't have them here, but we've got a few sets that include the frames for them, so you can look at the style, at least. "

You nod, and he shows you the sets- Several are gloss black modern sets, ones that you're never quite sure on- though one with a mirrored, shelved headboard does catch your eye- for all the wrong reasons, you amend- and the other with the decorative overhead frame does look like it would work as well, and you quite like the brushed look of the metal there.

"See anything you like so far?" The young man asks. "We've got more we can order, and partners back in the US who'll ship things over, even with the war, but that's a lot more expensive because of freight rates right now.

[] I rather like that black set with the mirrored headboard.
[] The set there, with the false canopy bed, I like that.
>>
And that's going to be it for the evening, gents! Got hung up there on that last update looking for pictures- haha..... ha. Anyway.

That's going to be it for the night, but because it's spring break I'll be around a little while yet to answer questions or chat if anyone wants over on the discord. Otherwise gents, till tomorrow, cheers!
>>
File: A-10C_Japanese.png (1.45 MB, 1360x768)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB PNG
>>4730206
>[X] I rather like that black set with the mirrored headboard.

>>4730208
Thanks for the run boss.
>>
>>4730206
>[x] I rather like that black set with the mirrored headboard.
>>
>>4730206
>[] I rather like that black set with the mirrored headboard.
>>
>>4730206
>[x] I rather like that black set with the mirrored headboard.

Kyou's lewdness is spreading.
>>
>>4730206
>[] I rather like that black set with the mirrored headboard.

*Best. Maid.*
>>
>>4730206
>>
>>4730206
>[x] The set there, with the false canopy bed, I like that.

>>4730208
Thanks for the run Ghost!
>>
>>4730206

>>4730208
Thanks for running!
>>
>>4730206
>[x] The set there, with the false canopy bed, I like that.
>>
>>4730206
>>
alright gents, votes called!
>>
[x] I rather like that black set with the mirrored headboard.

"I rather like that black set with the mirrored headboard." You say, trying your best to not blush at the images playing in your head.

He nods. "I've got that set in for what you said you'd need, with a matching dresser and two nightstands as well."

"That would be excellent." You respond. "I'll need three sets." You're not exactly sure if you should get the same furniture for all three bedrooms- but you suspect it won't matter very long anyway.

"Three?" He asks, then frowns. "I think I've got that in the back, but I'm not sure. I'll have someone go look."

"I'll also need them delivered on post." You remind him, and he nods again.

"I'll have them start loading the truck as soon as we're done here." he says, then blinks. "Well, both trucks, I guess."

You nod. "I've also a living room, games room, and dining area to furnish."

"Well, I've got my living room sets over that way, and the dining room furniture over there." He responds.

You head off towards the dining area, browsing the sets here. Most of the furniture, clearly, is meant to cater to the officers on the post- there's a few of what you'd consider more normal, reasonably priced things, but most of the room sets are what you think of as upper end. Of course you prefer the more modern sets- Lady Kyou had stated she preferred the cleaner, more modern look of metal and glass, and you think that as it's her bank account that you've been instructed to use, it's only proper to select from her preferences. There are other reasons, of course, but you don't give them much thought.

Eventually you find one that catches your eye- a glass and steel affiar, one that the salesman is only too happy to demonstrate can easily expand- which, you feel, is bound to be a necessity, both given Morgan's cooking and Kyou's propensity for guests or more permanent additions to the dinner table.

"If you like, I can have them start loading this set in the truck?" the salesman says as you walk around the table again.

[] Yes, I think this will do quite nicely.
[] I'll need to think on it some.
>>
>>4731565
>[X] Yes, I think this will do quite nicely.
>>
>>4731565
>[x] Yes, I think this will do quite nicely.

EXPAND D-
er, table
>>
>>4731565
>[X] Yes, I think this will do quite nicely.
>>
>>4731565
>[] Yes, I think this will do quite nicely.

Ah yes, the IJN Drake barracks, aka "Second Palace"
>>
>>4731565
>[x] I'll need to think on it some.
>>
ok, votes called!
>>
>>4731565
>[] Yes, I think this will do quite nicely.
>>
[x] Yes, I think this will do quite nicely.

You frown, thinking on it for another few seconds before nodding. "Yes." You say, nodding again. "I think this will do quite nicely."

"I'll have them start loading it up." The salesman responds, pulling a tag off the table. "It's an eight piece set, table, six chairs and a cabinet." He says, and you nod- the cabinet itself will be useful for keeping dishes in, leaving more room free in the kitchen for food. "So that just leaves our living room sets?"

You nod, walking in towards the center of the store.

"I'm looking for something that will match with what I've already purchased." You say, looking across the furniture there. You know Kyou prefers leather, for some reason, and of course it'll have to be black and glass, to match what you've already got. Additionally, you think, you've got your own requirements- like nothing with flimsy legs, for example.

"I've got a few contemporary sets here." He says. "That one over there, though, I think would go best." He indicates a set with a very large couch and a small coffee table. The couch itself looks like it'll meet your needs- and the coffee table, you think, is hardly important, since Merlin is likely to have more of her smart tables brought in anyway. The couch is all smooth, black leather- and after sitting in it, you have to admit it's quite comfortable, if a touch softer than you'd like. Still, you can easily see Morgan napping on it happily- and you know the lady Kyou will approve of it's size. You'll have to find something for visitors, of course, but for now this may well work.

"What do you think?" the young man asks.

[] I think this is what I needed, yes.
[] I'd prefer to keep looking.
>>
Gents I wanna apologize about the delay there, I was trying to troubleshoot something that ended up being a 45 minute process, and I got tied up in it. Sorry!
>>
>>4731811
>[X] I think this is what I needed, yes.
>>
>>4731811
>[x] I think this is what I needed, yes.
>>
>>4731811
>[] I think this is what I needed, yes.
>>
>>4731811
>[x] I think this is what I needed, yes.
>>
>>4731811
>[X] I think this is what I needed, yes.
>>
ok, votes called!
>>
[x] I think this is what I needed, yes.

You nod. "I think this is what I needed, yes."

"Alright," He says, nodding and pulling the tag off the couch. "I think we'll probably need both trucks."

You smile. "Will that be a problem?"

"Oh not at all." He says, quickly. "We can always get others, and we're close enough to base that it's not a big deal for us if we've got to get a truck back here. Is there anything else I can help you find?"

You pause for a second and then nod. "I've a lounge I need to furnish." You say.

"A lounge?" He asks, then frowns a little. "Like a den?"

"Yes, quite." You say, nodding. "A place for games and that manner of thing."

"Oh, right." He says. "I gotchya. We've got some things over this way that should work out."

You nod, following him to a different section of the living room furniture, with exactly the kind of furniture you'd thought of- deep, comfortable looking recliner chairs, wooden tables, and things that you can perfectly imagine in the lounge. "We don't have anything for a bar or anything like that." He admits, "and that's really the kind of thing you'd have to order."

You nod. "I'd expected as much, it's no trouble" you say, nodding. You'll also have to arrange for a billiards table, and an entertainment center. While you're not certain about how much either lady Kyou or Morgan play video games, you expect that they'll expect to have the option, regardless.

Your goal is to find some warmer, more comfortable furniture- as much as you respect the lady Kyou's tastes, you find modern furniture much more cold and sterile than you prefer. You're aware, of course, that it's not your room, exactly, and you are taking a liberty- but it's one that she insists you're more than entitled to take, among many others that you've yet to try. "I quite like these." You say, gesturing to a table and chair combination you could see playing host to many card games, among other things. "And the recliners over there."

He nods, looking in the direction of the dark leather chairs. "I've got four of them in back." He says.

"I'll take all of them." You say, and he nods again.

You mentally review things- you'll have to order a few things, though perhaps not as much as you might have otherwise thought, since you've also yet to fit out the gym, and a sports store may have a billiards table. "I think that's all." You say after a moment, and he nods.

1/2
>>
"We'll head up front and we can get this all sorted out for you," He says with a smile. You're not sure if he's on commission or not, but if he is, he's made quite a packet today- the lady Kyou insisted that money was no problem, but you're still never entirely comfortable spending quite as much as you're sure you have already- and you know that there's still more to be bought.

It's not quite as bad as you thought- though still quite expensive- and you're sure that, had she not had access to her imperial accounts, the cost would have been more than even Kyou could have managed. Of course, with them, it's hardly a concern, with only her sense of decorum preventing displays of extreme wealth- but that seems to be more than enough.

Arranging delivery, and bidding the salesman goodbye, you step back out into the parking lot, where your driver notices you and turns the car on before you step in. "Faster than I thought, ma'am." he says. "Where to next?"

[] Home goods, if you please.
[] An electronics store, please.
>>
ANd that's going to be it for the night! SOrry about the slow pace this evening gents, technical difficulties kinda occupied way to much of my attention- I gotta get better about tuning out distractions, haha! We may end up running a make up day to cover it, though.

Otherwise, that's going to be it for the evening! I'll be around a little to chat or field questions or comments, either here or on the discord, but otherwise, till tomorrow, cheers!
>>
File: F-14_VF-101.jpg (560 KB, 1920x1080)
560 KB
560 KB JPG
>>4732098
>[X] Home goods, if you please.

>>4732104
Thanks for the run boss.
>>
>>4732098
>[x] Home goods, if you please.

>>4732104
>>
>>4732098
>[X] An electronics store, please.
>>
>>4732098
>>
>>4732098
>[] Homo goods, if you please.
>>
>>4732098
>[] Home goods, if you please.
>>
>>4732098
>[x] Home goods, if you please.
>>
>>4732098
>>
ok gents, votes called!
>>
[x] Home goods, if you please.

"Home goods, if you please." You say, and he nods, putting the car into gear and pulling out of the parking lot.

You take the drive time to review a mental list of things you'll need- and how much you'll no doubt be spending on this trip alone. Everything from bedding to cookwear- almost everything that goes into a house, honestly. It doesn't bother you at all though, to have the whole workload fall on you- you kind of enjoy it, really.

The home goods store, like the furniture store, wouldn't look too out of place in the US, if a little smaller here than it might be there. Your driver again indicates he'll wait with the vehicle while you head inside. You're a little concerned about if you're going to be able to get everything in the vehicle- something you should have thought of earlier, you realize, but in the worst case you can always make another trip. You suspect you'll have to anyway- while you can get plenty of basics from the navy exchange on post, far more will have to come from places like this.

Once inside, you make you way around the store slowly, trying to keep the limits of space in the car in the back of your mind as you shop. Still, you're only partially successful as you pick out a set of pots and pans that should work- copper, of course- and then add a few, larger pots and a flat iron griddle, as well as a cheap set of kitchen knives. Morgan had indicated he had his own knives on the way- a graduation gift from Rachel, if you recall correctly- but for now you'll be able to make due with these. A collection of small kitchen tools follow, along with four cutting boards- which should prove to be enough for both you and Morgan to work without issue. A mixer, blender, and food processor all also enter the cart, as well as three packages of kitchen towels.

1/2
>>
You pick up three sets of dinnerwear from the shelf, relatively simple- and remarkably cheap- red and black plates and bowls, with matching coffee cups. You rather like them, though- the red being a nice splash of color, you think, against the furniture you've purchased. You have to double back for a coffee pot- you get two, both rather nice, and an espresso machine- you occasionally enjoy an espresso, and you're sure Morgan will appreciate being able to give Merlin options that aren't the horrendously sweet options she prefers currently.

Bedsheets is the next decision point, you think. Kyou has- perhaps predictably- stated a preference for silk. They offer Alaskan king silk sheets here to order- they don't keep them on hand, which makes perfect sense, of course. They do however have sheets of the correct size on hand of Egyptian cotton in a fairly high thread count. You frown, thinking- you'll have to probably get a set for now if you order the sheets, since you'd prefer to have them when the bed comes in- and while you are a proponent of having more than one set of sheets, you usually prefer to divide them into winter and summer sets.

You think about it some while throwing several pillows and covers into the cart, noting that it's fairly well piled already.

[] Get both sets- you can use what you get for now, and then the other set when they arrive.
[] Only get the silk set- you don't mind waiting and Kyou is paying for all this, afterall.
[] Get the cotton set only- silk is nice but too cold and care intensive to work.
>>
>>4733396
>[X] Get both sets- you can use what you get for now, and then the other set when they arrive.
>>
>>4733396
>[x] Get the cotton set only- silk is nice but too cold and care intensive to work.
>>
>>4733396
>[X] Get the cotton set only- silk is nice but too cold and care intensive to work.
>>
>>4733396
>[x] Get both sets- you can use what you get for now, and then the other set when they arrive.

Having a spare set of sheets immediately on hand will be... *highly practical* given the volume and quantity of nightly activities this lot engages in.
>>
>>4733396
>[] Get both sets- you can use what you get for now, and then the other set when they arrive.
>>
>>4733396
>[X] Get both sets- you can use what you get for now, and then the other set when they arrive.
>>
>>4733396
>>
ok, votes called!
>>
[x] Get both sets- you can use what you get for now, and then the other set when they arrive.

You decide to get both sets as you load the cart with a set of sheets for both Mori and Merlin's beds. From there it's actually not quite as bad as you'd been afraid it would be- you buy plenty of towels, of course- almost 20- and enough of everything else that you shouldn't have any shortages, even with six people in the house.

The final bill is about as bad as you were afraid- worse, actually, after you get the sheets ordered. Still, you're more than sure Kyou will barely notice the difference in her accounts- if she notices at all.

Your driver, on the other hand, notices for sure as you pull the two carts you've got out to the car- both are piled high enough that you're not sure it'll all fit anyway- though there's more space in the boot than you'd thought and, while the back seat is reasonably full, you do manage to get everything in.

"Back to quarters?" Your driver asks, and you laugh lightly.

"I think we've rather little option." You say, and he nods.

"Yeah. Unless you want to start trying to lash things to the roof." He responds, pulling back out onto the roads and heading towards the base.

You laugh, but otherwise don't respond as you watch the city pass by around you. It's less open than in the US- buildings are closer together, and you see more people on the sidewalks, but it's clear that there's far more to the city than the military base here- which is a little unusual. Even in Miramar, the military presence dominates everything else in the city.

There's a pair of delivery trucks outside the building when you pull up, but there's no civilians around, and everyone moving things is in uniform. You step out of the car as one of them walks over. "You're with team Muninn, ma'am?" the man asks, and you nod.

"Commander Maloney." You say, introducing yourself, and he nods.

"Sorry about the mess, we're getting the security stations set up in all the buildings today. We wanted to get it done before anyone got assigned here, but admiral Wells moved a little faster than we thought she was going to. Anyway, it's going to be busy out here for the rest of the afternoon at least."

"I've got quite a lot of furniture coming in." You say, and he frowns. "Will that be a problem?"

"It's going to be a little crowded out here, but it is what it is." He says, shrugging. "Anyway, just wanted to let you know."

1/2
>>
You nod, starting to pull bags out of the car. Moving them into the building takes almost thirty minutes, both for how many there are and how many times you have to wait as the security personnel take up the door with something they're moving in- It gives you pause, trying to figure out how you intend to move an Alaskan king sized mattress- nine feet by nine feet- into the building.

You're about to head back out to get groceries when lady Kyou returns- alone, surprisingly. "Ah, Wendy." She says, smiling. "I had hoped to find you here."

"Just got back in, mum." You say. "I've yet to get groceries." You're not sure about the timing, though- and leaving lady Kyou here alone to manage the furniture delivery isn't going to happen, she's got other things to do and it's your job to make sure that sort of thing is taken care of.

"I see." She says. "How has your morning gone?"

"Our furniture should be delivered presently." You say- they said about two hours, and you know that here in the empire, punctuality is considered politeness.

"Ah, excellent." She says, nodding. "I'm not sure I'm happy with the minimalistic look we've got right now."

You laugh. "I've full sets for the living room, bedrooms, dining area and lounge on the way." You state. "Though I'd assumed that miss Wells was planning to have her display tables brought in?"

"Yes." Kyou nods. "She's with Morgan and Mori at the moment, meeting a prospective witch."

You blink. "So soon?" You ask.

"It seems the posting has quite a bit of competition already." Kyou says, preening a little. Secretly you enjoy it when she does that- though Morgan has made it quite clear you're not to tell her. "I doubt we'll have to deal with one quite as soon as this, though."

"I see." you say, as a trio of delivery trucks pulls up outside. "I imagine that's our furniture."

Kyou nods. "Did you get a large enough bed for the master bedroom?" She asks.

"Alaskan king. The biggest they make." You respond and she smiles.

"Excellent." She says, smiling. "Excellent."

You get the distinct impression, given her tone of voice, that she fully intends to employ every foot of the mattress, as soon as she can.
>>
And that's actually a really good stopping point I think, for the week!

No real end of week news here, I think, for once, haha!

So, on that uncharacteristically short note, that's it for the week! I'll be around, as usual, here and in the discord, to chat or answer any questions or comments, but otherwise gents, till next week, cheers!
>>
File: CFA-44_ADMM.jpg (659 KB, 1280x1024)
659 KB
659 KB JPG
>>4733674
Thanks for the run boss.
>>
>>4733674
>>
>>4733674
thanks for running
>>
"That went well." Mori says as the two of you leave your new office- the four of you share one large open office in the wyvern ops building, and while there's no personal touches there yet, they're already equipped with the usual navy furniture- and a pair of display tanks for your AIs.

"Hopefully she's not what we can expect of all of them." You respond, grimacing. The witch the two of you just met- a hopeful for the last spot on your team- did a poor job of disguising her motivations to use the posting as a political springboard. While you can kind of understand the sentiment- it is a hell of an opportunity to do so for anyone with an eye for it- it's also entirely incompatible with what the team needs to be.

Mori laughs. "I doubt she'll be the last." She says. "Must have been well connected to get a day one meeting like that, though."

"Probably." You respond. "Wonder if she'll go for another team?"

"She made it sound like it was us or nothing for her." Mori says, then shrugs. "But valkyrie is a powerful draw."

"Sounded like she also knew about how many designer daughters are entering the program all of a sudden." You say, frowning. You don't necessarily have a problem with them- there's really no concrete proof they are all like Kyou, but at the same time, there's a lot of 'interesting' coincidences about them, especially the ones that were all born around the same early-mid 90s timeframe, like Remilia, for example. All of them tip the power scale at the top end, all of them tend to be stunningly gorgeous- and all of them are from old, old money.

Mori frowns. "They're my biggest concern." She admits. You knew that, of course- like most things, of course, Mori's concerns are rooted in the safety and appearance of the imperial family. A designer daughter appearing in the household could cause problems for Kyou, or even Hohiro, later on down the line, especially if the family is ambitious enough. While out and out assassination from within is impossible- at least, for your house- that hardly means the ever-paranoid imperial guard sees things quite the same way as you do. Last you'd heard, you were still considered a threat and there was a push to station another high-tier IG witch with you. The request never even made it to you before it was shot down- the USN unwilling to dedicate yet another slot on the team to a Japanese national.

1/2
>>
"I'm more worried about politics." You say, and she nods.

"I know." She says. "I am too. I'm surprised it's mostly American families we've seen."

"So far." You respond.

"So far." She agrees. "Though Admiral Wells made it sound like the Navy is saying our last position must be held by an American witch."

You shrug. "I got the impression they just refused to ensure it went to an imperial pick." You say.

"Probably." Mori says. "I'm sure the ministry is still concerned with you and Wendy being too much of an influence on the eldest imperial daughter. And, of course, you're still the son of night."

"They're still worried about that?" You ask.

"Not really." She admits. "They figured I've got a decent chance against you, should that be necessary." She shrugs. "They don't understand it's not necessary, but I'm not complaining."

You nod. "So what do you think about the fourth?" You ask.

She frowns. "It's probably better to get it done sooner, before we go back to combat operations, but I don't know if that's possible." She says. "Between our need to screen anyone and everything else." She shrugs. "It's possible, but we'd have to devote a lot of time to it if we're not lucky with the first few. And that would mean that we'd have to rely on Muninn and Tessa to get us an updated picture of Korea. They're more than capable of that, I know, but it still doesn't feel right to have them handle that by themselves."

"They're designed for that, though." You remind her.

"Sure." She nods. "And they can sift through potentials and only approve the good ones while they're at it, but it still feels like something we should be doing ourselves. Either way, want to get lunch? We've got that Rockafeller girl who's apparently coming in today."

You sigh- you hadn't quite forgotten about her, but you're not exactly looking forward to it, either.

[] Yeah, let's head home and get lunch, then we can talk with her.
[] Let's grab lunch in the mess and come back for that.
>>
>>4743704
>[X] Yeah, let's head home and get lunch, then we can talk with her.
>>
>>4743704
>[X] Yeah, let's head home and get lunch, then we can talk with her.
>>
>>4743704
>[] Yeah, let's head home and get lunch, then we can talk with her.

At least this allows more time to compare notes
>>
>>4743704
>[x] Yeah, let's head home and get lunch, then we can talk with her.
>>
>>4743704
>[x] Let's grab lunch in the mess and come back for that.
>>
>>4743704
>>
>>4743704
>>
>>4743704
>[x] Yeah, let's head home and get lunch, then we can talk with her.
>>
>>4743704
>>4743703
>just kyou and mori

waitwaitwait

Is Kyou running around unsupervised right now
>>
>>4743727

"THE WOLF IS OFF HER LEASH, I REPEAT, THE WOLF IS OFF HER LEASH."
>>
ok, votes called!
>>
>>4743727
She went back home to hang out with Wendy and smugly preen over her gigantic new bed
>>
>>4743744
Oh no.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIos0ya-yss
>>
[x] Yeah, let's head home and get lunch, then we can talk with her.

You shrug. "Yeah." You say. "Let's head home and get lunch, then we can talk with her."

Mori grins. "Speaking my language." She says. "I'm starved."

"Maybe if you'd eat something other than rabbit food." you say.

"Was that a familiar joke?" She asks.

"Vegetarian joke." You correct as she laughs.

"How else do you expect me to maintain this shape?" She asks. "Not all of us are blessed with the princess' metabolism, and not all of us are getting an extra late night workout."

You laugh. "You just wait." You say. "If you think Kyou's not going to invite you in sooner rather than later."

She laughs again. "I'm sure. I've caught her staring more than once when we go to the gym." She says. "Never bothered me in the army, doesn't bother me now."

You nod, walking around the corner and onto the road with your building. There's a delivery truck out front, along with a parked military police cruiser- that'd be your security element, you think. Heading up the short walkway and into the front door, you nod when you see the two uniformed navy police at the freshly-installed desk.

"Afternoon sir, ma'am." One of them says, and you see his eyes flick down to your name tape, nodding when he recognizes it. "They already told you about us?"

You nod. "Glad to see you're settled in." You say.

"Mostly. The microwave back in the back doesn't work and there's no coffee pot." He responds, grinning. "That's a priority to sort out. You managed to miss all the fun of them getting your bed in here."

"We did?" Mori asks, and the officer's partner nods.

"I didn't even know they made mattresses that big." She says. "But they've been bringing in furniture all morning."

You nod, and you and Mori head into your quarters.

Inside it looks significantly more filled out- the floor down here is pretty well filled out with a seating area, a dining table and chairs, and some other furniture that's about- it's still pretty cavernous, but it doesn't feel nearly as empty, now. Kyou and Wendy are nowhere to be seen, though you can hear movement upstairs- Mori heads up while you make your way back to the kitchen.

1/2
>>
The kitchen has been fully arranged already- obviously by someone who both knows you and how you like everything set up, and fully intends to make sure that the kitchen is arranged and equipped to your tastes. That'd be Wendy's doing, clearly- she's the only person you know that would make the effort to make the room perfect. The pantry is another matter though- it's got bread and a few other basics, clearly bought recently, but not much else, and the fridges are both a similar story- there's lunchmeat, some packaged, sliced cheese, and a small handful of other things, but not much in the way of anything to cook. It's all been used already, of course- Wendy and Kyou already probably ate- but you still throw together two plates, using the fresh vegetables to fill out the plate for Mori.

"They're upstairs." She says, smiling. "Arranging the princess' bedroom."

"It's taking both of them, or is that a euphemism?" You ask as she sits at the table.

"It's taking both of them." She says. "Wendy bought a bed about the size of my old apartment."

You blink, and she laughs. "I'm joking, my apartment was a little bigger." She says. "But I can't imagine how they got it in here and up the stairs into the bedroom. And I hope you're a fan of mirrors."

"Mirrors?" You ask.

She nods. "One in the headboard and then both nightstands and the dressers are mirrored." She says. "Going to be able to see everything from every angle."

You frown, and she laughs. "Did the princess corrupt Wendy faster than you planned?"

[] Clearly.
[] I misjudged how completely she'd corrupted her, is all.
>>
>>4743895
>[X] Clearly.
>>
>>4743895
>[] Clearly.
>>
>>4743895
>[X] More like she "awakened" her.

Kyou merely unlocked the lewd witch within Wendy.
>>
>>4743895
>[X] Clearly.
>>
>>4743895
>[] Clearly.
>>
>>4743895
>[x] I misjudged how completely she'd corrupted her, is all.
>>
>>4743895
>Clearly
>>
>>4743895
This >>4743902
>>
ok, votes called!
>>
>>4743895
>[X] Clearly. Not sure if it was corrupted or awakened, though.

I sort of like this, although I'm fine with just going "Clearly."
>>
[x] Clearly.

"Clearly." You say, and Mori laughs.

"I didn't know her that well before, so I can't say." She says. "But she does seem like the type that had a lot of that kind of thing bottled up."

You nod. "Without a doubt." You respond. "I think I underestimated just how much."

She blinks, then shakes her head. "You underestimated how much she'd be bottled up after how many years with nothing suddenly getting in a group like this?" She says. "It's good to know even you can occasionally miss things."

You laugh. "Still human?"

"You haven't heard the IG briefings on you." She points out. "They make you sound like you're just this side of some kind of shadow creature, custom made to be a complete security nightmare. Perfect, unstoppable, undetectable." She laughs. "And yet he missed how lewd a middle-aged witch would get with younger lovers."

You nod. "Happens."

"Oh well. The princess seems happy anyway." She smiles.

You elect to let the comment go without saying anything, instead finishing your lunch. Mori finishes hers about the same time, and you carry your plates back to the kitchen, meeting her by the door. The two of you head back out, nodding to the MPs as you step back out onto the walkway. The walk to drake ops is actually shorter than you'd expected- about ten minutes, since you can use a more direct path to the building than the drive.

Wyvern operations is mostly empty still, since you're the only crew on base. You head up to your office after clearing yourselves in at the duty desk. Your own office is empty still- you don't expect your next meeting for about an hour yet. It's a chance to get situated a little more- and get the last of your paperwork sorted out. There's not much- a couple E-mails from Merlin, both business, and one from Cass that's personal, though she's just asking when you'll be able to accept visitors. You respond to all of them quickly- Merlin's are both simple yes or no answers, and Cass's only takes a couple sentences- you've never tried to write too much if you can avoid it.

1/2
>>
You're looking at something else- a report by one of the other drake crews that's been in theater for a while when Muninn pops up in 'his' tank, appearing as the bird avatar. "Rockafeller is here."

You sigh, but Mori answers. "On her way up?"

"Yeah." Muninn responds. "I've forwarded her service jacket to your inboxes."

"Thanks." Mori says.

There's a knock at the door two or so minutes later. Mori opens it.

"WCT Muninn?" A dark-haired witch asks, and Mori nods.

"Major Serenity Rockafeller." She says.

"Come in, Major." Mori responds. "Tai-i Mori Kyoko. Go ahead and sit there by Lieutenant Laroux-Bishop."

She's got short dark hair, a pair of glasses, and, oddly enough, a scar across her right cheek- faint, but clear enough to notice.

Mori pulls her chair over next to yours. "We're informed you're interested in the last flight position with the combat team?" Mori says.

The major nods. "I had to pull a lot of strings to get this far." She says. "Called in a lot of favors. But I hear you're the best there is and that's where I want to be."

[] You realize what joining a WCT means, right?
[] Where'd you hear we were the best there is?
>>
>>4744069
>[] You realize what joining a WCT means, right?
>>
Ok, couple of things. I'm going to start posting news here at the end of the day- I think that works out a little better overall, lets us get into things sooner. Second, sorry about the lag on that last post- got hung up looking for art, ended up cruising around the boorus for like an hour, haha!

But that's going to be it for the night otherwise guys. I'm pretty beat, bad day at school today and now I'm legit worried about the status of my degree. I'll be around a little bit more this evening, but otherwise, till tomorrow, cheers!
>>
>>4744069
>[x] You realize what joining a WCT means, right?
>>
File: F-15J.jpg (1.56 MB, 1920x1280)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
>>4744069
>[X] You realize what joining a WCT means, right?

>>4744076
Thanks for the run boss.
>>
>>4744069
>>
Can wendy be considered middle aged?

Hard to tell with witches
>>
>>4744069

>>4744076
>>
>>4744069
>>
>>4744069
>>
I'm so far behind. Havings random chibi tiddie kitty shitscribble.
>>
>>4744069

"Sounds Mild But Is Actually Dead Serious Catte GO"
>>
>>4744097
Wendy is in her mid forties so just barely.

>>4744178
Nice to see you're still around
>>
>>4744268
She's got the Housewife skills of a 40-year-old, the looks of a 30-year,-old, and the sex drive of a 20-year-old.
>>
>>4744069
>She's got short dark hair, a pair of glasses, and, oddly enough, a scar across her right cheek

Glasses brawler? Oh my~
>>
>>4744069
>[X] You realize what joining a WCT means, right?

You're here to do a job. Glory hounds need not apply.
>>
>>4744069

>>4744076
Thanks for the run!
>>
ok gents, votes called!
>>
[x] You realize what joining a WCT means, right?

"You realize what joining a WCT means, right?" You ask.

She hesitates a little before nodding. "Yeah, I think so." She says. "I mean, all of us are getting the same packets and things now when we ask about it. You're making a lifetime commitment to the other members of the team, and once you're in, there's no way out. You don't really keep a home, and you can spend years in combat zones if the navy needs you there."

"And you'd be fine with that?" Mori asks.

There's no hesitation in her nod. "I wouldn't be here if I wasn't." She says. "I mean, look, I had to call my parents to call in favors just to get here." She pauses. "I know how that sounds, but that's not exactly something someone would do if they weren't already committed, right?"

Mori frowns. "That's a lot of effort to spend for just a face to face meeting." She points out. "Why this team, specifically?"

The other witch smiles. "The marble goddess herself suggested it to me." She says. "She knew I was looking, and she said she'd met you all and thought it would be a good fit."

"The Marble goddess?" Mori asks.

"Remilia Carnegie." the Major answers. Her rank, you note, is distinctly not navy- making her either marine corps or air force. Marine corps would be more likely, but for her name- old money tends to shy away from the corps in general, and witches particularly. But, at the same time, if she's USAF- and you think she is, despite her not being in uniform- that'd be major for her to be here. So far as you know, no USAF witch has ever crossed the isle to fly in the wyvern program- and the air force is struggling to keep their own superfighter platform viable in the face of increasing pressure to adopt an air force variant of the wyvern.

"I see." Mori says. "And you thought highly enough of her opinion to be here?"

The major nods. "Yeah." She says. "well, her saying that and then news getting out that she'd gone drake as well." She clarifies. "I've known her for a long time, if she's gone into the program, that says more than anything else about it."

"And she recommended this team?" You prompt.

She nods. "Yes." She says. "I mean, I'm sure you've seen my record and my OERs, right?"

[] Let's say I haven't looked yet. Why here?
[] I have, but I want it in your words.
>>
>>4746088
>[X] I have, but I want it in your words.
>>
>>4746088
>[x] I have, but I want it in your words.
>>
>>4746088
>[] I have, but I want it in your words.
>>
>>4746088
>[x] I have, but I want it in your words.
>>
>>4746088
>[X] I have, but I want it in your words.
>>
ok, votes called!
>>
[x] I have, but I want it in your words.

"I have." You say. "But I want it in your words."

"Oh." She seems... a little surprised, for a second. "Well, couple of reasons. First, like I said, I heard you were the best, and you get thrown the hardest combat roles they can find. I want in on that." She says. "Second, everyone knows you guys are Merlin Wells' pet team, and get the hottest toys. Third, I feel like I could help your team do some real good out there. I've been flying strikers for about ten years now, since I turned sixteen. I mean, I've got a lot to learn, but you've seen my scores at red flag and air combat weapons school."

"And those are your only reasons?" Mori asks.

"What's that supposed to mean?" The other witch responds, frowning. "You think I'm here because the spot's going to be prestigious and visible and means you'd be attached to the last imperial nobility on the planet?" She sneers. "You think I'm here cos it'll get me money or power or something? Cos I'm trying to get my family places they shouldn't be?"

Mori blinks at the outburst, but her tone doesn't change. "You understand why we're concerned about that kind of thing." She says.

"Sure." The major says. "But if you think I'm just doing this cos it would give my father a chance to rub elbows with the emperor of Japan at a dinner or something, forget it." She says. "I'm closer to my family than some of us are, but that doesn't mean I'm about to chase something like this cos they want it."

"I see." Mori says.

"Look, I'm sorry, but it's what everyone thinks, you know?" Serenity says. "Just because we're from old money they think we're just gonna be used as tools to get influence or something, and that we're all totally OK with that and are happy just to be little dolls in the control of our folks. Especially with all the rumors about how all of us started showing up around the same time." She shakes her head. "I work my ass off out there, and, yeah, I call in favors from the family and have a trust fund and all that, but it's all there regardless of what I think and I'd be stupid not to use it. I'm not here because this team has the Imperial princess and the only son of Frank Bishop in it. I'm here because this team is supposed to be the one that's on the bleeding edge and I want in on that."

"I see." Mori repeats. "Lieutenant, you have anything you want to ask?"

[] Write in!
[] No, I think I'm good.
>>
>>4746261
>[] No, I think I'm good.
>>
>>4746261
>[x] No, I think I'm good.
Went back to check the last thread to double check what came up about Rockafeller and realized it was the other sister that was being discuss or Ghost decided to change her name.
>>
>>4746261
>[] No, I think I'm good.
>>
>>4746261
>[X] It's no secret that our team is at the cutting edge and most likely to face the heaviest of combat duties. However, after the war we're very likely to be based here in Japan and assisting in their own Wyvern program. Would that be a problem?
>>
>>4746261
[X] You have a record of disobeying orders, and if you join us you will be following the direction of someone lower ranked than yourself. Is this going to be a problem, Major?
>>
>>4746261
>>4746320
+1
>>
Hey gents, I'm going to actually call it here for the night. I kinda want to give everyone a chance to think out questions and all, and I need to sack out earlier than I have been, haha!

That's it for the evening, then, but I'll be around another hour or so to answer questions or comments. Otherwise gents, till tomorrow, cheers!
>>
>>4746261
>[x] Scuttlebutt is you're not the only Rockefeller witch trying to get in on the program. Any thoughts on that?
>>
File: J-7.png (280 KB, 1000x578)
280 KB
280 KB PNG
>>4746361
Thanks for the run boss.
>>
>>4746361
>>
>>4746261
>[] Write in!
Do you truly know how to dog fight and not just any old dog fight but where you have limitations on you weapons, parts not working properly or going in with only your guns and myriad of other problems that might happen at once
>>
>>4746361
Will there be unprotected handholding

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.