[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 41 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: game info1.jpg (1.61 MB, 2500x2800)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB JPG
(Trying again, with better rules this time)

A new world forms, as the first organisms emerge...
The chaotic creation of this new world may bring some species to extinction, while others prosper over their downfall. Will your species thrive the most?

> Creating a species
Draw your species in Paint (or whichever simple doodling program) and post it in your comment.
Tell us something about the function of your species, and decide where it starts on the map.
OP will then stat your species accordingly and give you a starting sheet.

> Actions
Each turn you can do 1 of 2 actions
> Expand your species
Roll 1d3+1, the score is the maximum amount of tiles your species can expand to. Choose a tile with your species on the map and 3 adjacent tiles nearby. Your species will then expand from this tile to those adjacent tiles

> Evolve your species
Roll 1d100

Choose a species on a tile that you want to evolve, then choose 1 attribute to improve of the 6 base attribute: Environment, Size, Sensors, Camouflage, Digestion, Toxic.
according to your fluff and score, your species will also receive a special evolution trait that will change their playstyle and help them.

And That's about it. The winner is whoever has the most thriving species on the map when it gets filled by species.

More nitty bitty rules are in the picture if anything is not clear enough.

This is fairly experimental, but id appreciate if you give it a try.
>>
Sadge bump
>>
Last bump before giving up
>>
File: hexcrab1.png (19 KB, 808x541)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
Let's do this thang!
>Species: Hexcrabs
>Function: Bottom-feeders/scavengers and occasionally predators
>Starting location: Uppermost, leftmost ocean near arctic desert
>>
>>4726825
Welcome!
Few more joiners and i'll be able to start c:
>>
Very interested in this, but it’ll be a while till I can get to a computer to make a species. Could I reserve a slot till then?
>>
File: game setup1.jpg (1018 KB, 2500x2800)
1018 KB
1018 KB JPG
>>4727017
Sure, we are in no hurry as it seems. Reserving you a spot

>>4726825

> Trait: Bottom Scavenger
The bottom scavenger trait allows helps this species thrive at the bottom of the ocean even when no prey is up for grabs
>>
File: Naamloos.png (2 KB, 314x292)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>4726825
>Species: Lumpslug
>Function: Scavenger
>Starting Location: Upper rightmost land

Quick question if we choose to evolve do we post the new picture in the same post as the roll of after you've responded to it.
>>
>>4727522
Welcome!
At the same post, no need to wait
>>
File: game setup2.jpg (1.05 MB, 2500x2800)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
>>4727522
> Trait: Bottom Scavenger
The bottom scavenger trait allows this species to thrive at the bottom of the ocean even when no prey is up for grabs
>>
>>4726396
>>4727017

>Species: Briicke
>Function: Predator
>Starting Location: Upper left volcanic region

Briicke are almost comparable to bivalves. These terrestrial creatures coat their bodies in volcanic rock for protection. To move, they flex the length of pink muscle between their two halves, producing a walking motion that helps them chase prey.

Managed to find an app to use instead.
>>
File: Dynastinae.jpg (22 KB, 416x284)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>Species: Dynastinae
>Function: Apex predator
>Starting location: Right side volcanic wasteland, the middle tile in the cluster of 3

The best any species can hope for if they run into the dynastinae is a quick death. They use their sturdy horns to pulverize their prey.

Thriving in infernal environments, these harsh conditions also means that their hunger is often insatiable. They must frequently venture into other habitats in search for food. Their hydroscopic shells means that is can be very dangerous to hunt along the coastlines. (I.e. if they swim or something pees on them in a climate where it won't evaporate immediately, they die.)

They are extremely territorial, should two of the same gender cross paths, only one will leave. They always hunt alone.
>>
Ill be back home later today and be able to reply properly to everyone and put you on the map.

Meanwhile hopefully more people will sign up
>>
File: bitey boy.png (15 KB, 400x400)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>4726396
>Species: Munchmouths
>Function: omnivorous/predator
>Starting location: Middlemost Ocean
Reminiscent of the octopus, Munchmouths move around by jutting water out of their anus (not shown). The capture their prey with their many tentacles and break them down with their shifting teeth, but they are not above eating plants when it comes to survival.
>>
File: game setup3.jpg (1.24 MB, 2500x3500)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB JPG
>>4727572
> Trait: Camouflaged Attack
This trait allows the species to use their camouflage in order to catch prey by simply hiding and waiting for them to come by. Species that have less sensors than this species camouflage may be subject to prey.

>>4727577
> Trait: Apex Predator
This species can hunt other species even up to their size, provided they can catch or digest them. However, they will often kill one another provided there is not easier prey in the area, making them less likely to thrive in an isolated environment.

>>4727790
> Trait: Adaptive Digestion
If this species share a tile with another creature that they can catch but is too toxic to eat, they will (+1 every turn) increase their digestive capabilities specifically to digest that creature

--

We are ready to begin, everyone is still welcome to sign up!

Take one of the two actions with your species:

> Actions
Each turn you can do 1 of 2 actions
> Expand your species
Roll 1d3+1, the score is the maximum amount of tiles your species can expand to. Choose a tile with your species on the map and 3 adjacent tiles nearby. Your species will then expand from this tile to those adjacent tiles. You can expand to tiles of different environment types, but your species will never thrive there and may even go extinct if the change is too big.

> Evolve your species
Roll 1d100
Choose a species on a tile that you want to evolve, then choose 1 attribute to improve of the 6 base attribute: Environment, Size, Sensors, Camouflage, Digestion, Toxic.
according to your fluff and score, your species will also receive a special evolution trait that will change their playstyle and help them.
>>
File: bitey boy 2.png (18 KB, 400x400)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
Rolled 66 (1d100)

>>4727956
>Size Up
Munchmouths, vaguely similar to octopi, are able to stretch their skin in order to swallow larger prey or more prey at a time.
>>
Rolled 1 + 1 (1d3 + 1)

>>4727956

Rolling to expand. I’d like to prioritize the two adjacent volcanic tiles, and then the shallows.
>>
File: game setup4.jpg (1.32 MB, 2500x3500)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB JPG
>>4728082
>New Trait: Stretching Mouth
This species can swallow larger creature than usual, even up to their own size. However such large creatures must be at least 2 toxicity points below their Digestion ability.
>>
File: mupdate 1.jpg (431 KB, 1724x1349)
431 KB
431 KB JPG
>>4728272
The thriving species of the Bricke spreads across the volcanic wasteland
>>
Hey Qm, I have a question. Are our traits an added condition on top of the predation mechanics, or do they replace them?

For example, if I have my camouflage, would that mean I can eat any creature that’s below my camouflage, or do they still have to fulfill the conditions of being smaller and having less toxicity than digestion?
>>
File: bitey boy 3.png (19 KB, 400x400)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
Rolled 52 (1d100)

>>4728273
>Digestion Up
Munchmouths evolve to form a wall of teeth of all shapes and sizes along the inside of their mouth, shifting them to and fro to break down even the most hard-shelled of prey.
>>
>>4728468

One action per turn, anon. Crab, slug, and beetle bros haven’t gone yet.
>>
>>4728470
That's fine. Just put my action in queue for when they're done.
>>
File: 1617557980441.jpg (417 KB, 2500x2800)
417 KB
417 KB JPG
Rolled 1 + 1 (1d3 + 1)

Expanding from black x to the three red x's
>>
Rolled 3 + 1 (1d3 + 1)

Hexcrab expands! [either ocean tiles then either arctic tile(s)]

Also, for expand
>Roll 1d3+1, the score is the maximum amount of tiles your species can expand to. Choose a tile with your species on the map and 3 adjacent tiles nearby.
Wouldn't the maximum be 4 instead of 3?
>>
File: mupdate 2.jpg (433 KB, 1729x1331)
433 KB
433 KB JPG
>>4728468
Will be applied next turn

>>4728373
The traits are added conditions. In general traits may replace each other or even contradict each other, in such case there will be a clarification for that. This is not such a case.

>>4728736
Yep, max 4 not 3. probably a typo on my part.

>>4728736
The Hexcrab swarm silently through the bottom of the ocean, covering the bedrock, coloring it from rocky grey to Hexcrab Maroon.
The overpopulation causes other Hexcrabs to leave north. They climb the arctic glaciers, and find a desert where almost no food can be obtained. They will never be able to thrive in such conditions.

>>4728675
The slug's toxic mixes in the water, creating green clouds across the ocean as they spread over more territories.

--
Still waiting on Dynastinae's action.
--

New players can still sign up!
If you do, also make your first action in that same post.
>>
>>4728798

Cool. In that case, I’ll queue up my next action while waiting for Dyna. Which is:

The Briicke develop eyespots on their rock-like hulls, allowing them to detect motion more accurately.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

Fuck, keyed in the wrong command to roll.
>>
>>4728812
Nice
On which tile does this evolvement occur?
>>
>>4728825

The upper left one, where the original Briicke were. I also missed out on mentioning it was Sensors.
>>
File: hexcrab2a.png (10 KB, 808x541)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
Rolled 86 (1d100)

>>4728798
Queuing next move after beetle bro's first move and Munchmouthman/Briickeman's queued moves

>What? Hexcrab (on the right arctic desert) is evolving!
>Environment (I think. Maybe sensors?) (having trouble deciding if Sensors or Environment is the right choice for adapting to the desert, please help clarify and pick the one that is right for me, QM)

Upon transitioning to arctic desert, this offshoot species of Hexcrab have developed a third eye totally unlike their other two highly specialized eyes. This new generalized oculus grants stronger detection abilities of both predators and prey.

Hoo hoo hoo! Us hexcrabs is ON THE MOVE. We call that that diaspora, my crabba. Whatchoo knobout dat? Heil Hexcrab, yo.
>>
File: 1617614650335.png (2 KB, 314x292)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
If we are queuing our actions the Lumpslugs in the starting hex develop antennae allowing them to sense water currents. Sensors+
>>
Rolled 25 (1d100)

>>4729125
Forgot to roll
>>
Gonna give our beetle friend a bit more time, but if he wont respond within the next few hours ill have to try and get a new 5th player. Don't think the map is tight enough for just 4 species.
>>
Officially recruiting a 5th member.
If YOU are reading this, and you find the concept somewhat interesting - Please join in the fun c:
>>
Rolled 1 + 1 (1d3 + 1)

Dyna here, please accept my humble apologies. I had some PC issues for the last day.

If I can still play, I would like to expand pls.
>>
>>4729502
No worries, assuming you are expanding to the 2 other volcanic tiles?
Also while you are at it - You can queue another action for the next turn. Everyone else already did.
>>
i kinda wanna join but im like. idk what kinda creature i wanna draw
>>
Rolled 3 + 1 (1d3 + 1)

>>4729529
Yes pls evolve to the adjacent volcanic tiles on first move.

Then my next action would be to expand again. To the greenfields to the right.
>>
>>4729561
Its a good time for you to join, we have only begun.
Think about a quirk your creature does, and draw something around it.
After you join, immediately perform two actions to catch up. Good luck

>>4729567
So two expansions right? gotcha.

--
Will wait to see if the new guy joins, then update
>>
File: Tads.png (71 KB, 2744x1336)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
Rolled 1, 3 + 2 = 6 (2d3 + 2)

>>4729584
Species : Tads
Function: Herbivore
Starting location: lowest leftmost shallow the one cradled by the leftmost land

Tads are medium sized creatures which use their tails in order to swim. they have small light sensing spots on their bodies . They swim along the sea floor in search of plant life

hope this works

also rolling for expansion expanding to nearby shallows
>>
>>4729689
> Herbivore
Not being able to hunt other critters for food, this species make use of their sensors and digestion to process herbs that other species can not. Each two point in either Sensors or Digestion increases this species ability to thrive in tiles where they are not hunted.

Do you want to specify which shallows you expand to or should i just assume tiles for you?
>>
>>4729689

> Tads

Holy shit. Welcome back Anon, haven’t seen you around in a while.
>>
>>4729827

To prey on another species, do we need to have higher sensors and digestion than their toxicity, or the same amount?
>>
>>4729840
Ugh, In the rules I typed "more than" but I actually meant "same or higher", which is a big oof on my part. You do need to be bigger than the other species though.

Also reposting the update to fix some stuff
>>
File: game round 2.jpg (1.56 MB, 2500x3800)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
>> Round 2
(After resolving all your actions, including your queued ones)
Note that all actions are resolved "At the same time" in terms of game mechanics. If there are any ambiguities about what should happen first - then the first action to be posted happened first.

>>4728468
> Trait - "Teethwall"
This species can ignore traits from other species which help them resist digestion by using their natural hardness (such as a shell trait, or harder scales)

>>4729567
The strong Dynastinae have pushed the weak over from their volcanic territories. The surviving refugees migrated and now occupy lesser lands of grass and shallow waters. The exiled Dynastinae, beaten and starving, only barely manage to survive.

>>4728812
(Getting a challenging trait due to rolling 5)
>New Trait: Craven
Sometimes its better be blind to the dangers rather than seeing them. The Bricke new vision helps them spot prey, yet it also allowed them to see their hunters - Causing them to enter a state of immobilizing panic.
If the Bricke share a tile with a species that can hunt them - They become unable to hunt other species on that tile themselves.

>>4729689
The Tads begin their expansion, breeding and exploring the fertile lands around them.
While most find prosperity in the shallows, Other packs venture too far and find themselves on the land's shore, eating the little vegetation the beach offers.

>>4729125
>Trait - "Antennae"
An Antennae helps this species follow the currents and migrate, however it also makes them more visible.
If this species commits to expand only to other ocean tiles, the minimum tiles they can expand to increases to 3 (instead of min 2).
However, using their antennae also makes this species visible, and it loses -1 Camouflage for 1 turn in all the new tiles it expands to.

>>4729057
> Trait - "Arctic Eye"
This species developed a third eye, designed specifically to allow them see different shades of white, thus foraging micro-organisms that are hidden from regular sight beneath the white icy ground.
This trait grants this species additional +1 to Sensors when hunting species that are smaller than themselves in the Arctic desert.
>>
>>4729856
Also this >>4729856 is IMPORTANT. so please note, everyone. Sorry about causing such confusion, but I obviously didn't mean you to overcome other species in 3 different attributes in order to hunt them, that is nearly impossible.
>>
File: mupdate 3.jpg (469 KB, 1746x1345)
469 KB
469 KB JPG
and lastly, a mupdate.
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>4729891

> Size
> Gen 2 Tile

The Briicke further evolve to catch prey. The edges of their halves become serrated, so that when they clamp down on prey between them, they’re able to prevent them from escaping.
>>
>>4729935

Fuck. Forgot image again.
>>
>>4729937

Probably gonna reupload when home and fix the line art, yikes.
>>
any rules for a plant like species?
>>
Rolled 3 + 1 (1d3 + 1)

>>4729878
Expand

Three eyed hexcrab moves to both unoccupied spaces (arctic and ocean) and if possible (by rules and by roll), back to the ocean squares with the 2 eyed hexcrabs. (Clarification, OP? Sorry if it's already been stated)
>>
>>4729971
Plant will get special trait to change its playstyle, but otherwise yes

>>4730004
The only available free spaces is the arctic desert and the ocean, with the extra moves you can also expand back to the ocean tiles where the former generation resides. They will co-exist there.

>>4729951
no worries ill wait. Looks like this is gonna be an every 24hrs round update game. Will be here inbetween for clarifications
>>
>>4729971
Didnt finish writing in the sentence. Otherwise yes it acts like any other species, the special traits will make it play differently
>>
>>4730012

Theoretically, would a species be able to thrive in an environment it’s not adapted to through predation? And would it be able to eat its own relatives in order to thrive?
>>
>>4730012
Then yes I would like to expand back to the two ocean hexcrab populations as well
>>
>>4730029
> would a species be able to thrive in an environment it’s not adapted to through predation?
A species can never thrive in an environment it is not fit for, just merely exist.

> And would it be able to eat its own relatives in order to thrive?
Yes that is a possibility. Former or later generations of the same ancestor species may prey on each other

>>4730030
gotcha
>>
Rolled 3 + 1 (1d3 + 1)

>>4729878
The Munchmouths spread!
(Again, just keep it in the queue.)
>>
>>4730079
Also ocean only please.
>>
Rolled 2 + 1 (1d3 + 1)

>>4729891
The antennae slugs expand to the marked hexes.
>>
File: 1617557980441.jpg (508 KB, 2500x2800)
508 KB
508 KB JPG
>>4730238
>>
File: briicke.png (12 KB, 500x500)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>4729937

Marginally less shit version.
>>
Hate to be "that guy" if I'm being annoying, and hopefully I won't complicate anything, (sorry, QM!) but just to try and catch up with where we're at and clear up a mechanic or two (correct me where needed):
>slugmaker, briickeman, crab and munchmouths have made their turn 3 moves, waiting on a turn 3 move by dynastinae and tads currently

It looks like from Crab's last post that the two "cousin" species can coexist in the same hex. (QM: Can it be same exact species, too, or different evolutions only? Is there a limit on how many species total can fit in any given hex?)

(Hopefully we can all refer to this post and/or the next clarifying post by QM for the rest of the quest on this next part:)

>Remember the goal:
>The winner is whoever has the most thriving species on the map when it gets filled by species.

>How to Thrive:
-"Eating" the other species in the hex (explained in the next block of text)
-If not eating or if there is a tie, just don't be getting eaten by any other species in the same hex, and you'll be the thriving species..
-If there is a tie, as long as the environment of the hex is in your species' stats/bio, you'll be the thriving species.
-If there is a tie, if your size is smaller, you'll be the thriving species.
-If there is ANOTHER tie, just be the first species to occupy the hex, and you'll be the thriving species..

>Eating AKA Extinction AKA How to avoid becoming food AKA the first bullet point/hyphen of the How to Thrive list (Contested tiles only, meaning two different ancestor species in a tile)(refer to QM's response):
-Must have LARGER Size than opposing species *AND* Must have Sensors EQUAL TO or LARGER THAN the opposing species' Camouflage *AND* Must have Digestion EQUAL TO or LARGER than opposing species' Toxicity.)
-It's probably safe to say that a species' abilities can change these loose "rules", i.e.: Munchmouth's 'Stretching' ability

[Again, please refer to QM's next post clarifying this post]
>>
>>4730369
Also to quickly contradict/further explain my last post, it looks like in this post
>>4730053
that you will not be considered a thriving species if you are not adapted to the environment, no matter if you are eating other species or are the lone, un-predated species in that hex.
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

I would like to evolve. Everything is the same except BIGGER.

They are now big bois.

>Question for QM
Can we move our species? Or is the only way to get to other tiles to expand?
>>
>>4730369
Thanks crabman, you did a good summary. That is all correct. Also worth noting that you will be thriving if you are alone on a tile without any other species at the "How to thrive", and note that you can only expand from a tile where your species are thriving.

>>4730413
On which tile do the Dynastinae evolve?

>Question for QM
Not possible at the beginning. I did have a 3rd option to "migrate" but I wanted to keep things simpler for starting species. You can however evolve your species to learn how to migrate(aka move your species).
>>
>>4730447
The volcanic tile at the top for evolution.
>>
>>4730466
Alright, also forgot to ask you a new drawing for this evolution. Change something in the Dynastinae appearance that so we'll be able to differentiate them on the map
>>
>>4730470

Pink = Gen 2
>>
File: game round 3.jpg (1.61 MB, 2500x3800)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB JPG
>>4729935
>New Trait: Spiky
The shell of this species becomes hard and spiky, offering those who seek to eat them nothing but pain.
IG: Hostile species who attempt to eat this species must have additional point in Digestion in order to do so, or have a trait that allows them to break through hard shells.

>>4730004
The arctic Hexcrabs follow the trail of scavenge across the Arctic and the oceans.
Some expand back to their ancestors home, where they are met with hostility. The ancestral species have adapted better to their environment than the newer generation, and manage to grab most of the food, while the three eyed Hexcrab scavenges for small scraps

>>4730079
The munchmouths sense greater prey is to be found across the planet. Tired of chasing weak and easy prey at their home territories - they begin to spread across the ocean.

>>4730238
The Antennae Slugs follow their new senses to expand into new territories. Chasing the flow of the currents to prosperous homes. During their travels, a large storm swept some to the arctic lands to the north.

>>4730413
> New Trait: Migrating
The combined resilience and conviction of these species generation allows them to endure long journeys through barren biomes in order to reach a new territory.
As an action, roll 1d3. The score is the amount of adjacent species who have this trait that you can migrate. Move each of the selected adjacent tiles 1 space in any direction. If the migrating species is not thriving, it can only migrate if it does not share its tile with any other species.
--

Only missing the Tad's comment before we can continue to the next turn.
>>
File: Briicke 4.png (15 KB, 500x500)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>4730590

> Environment

The Briicke develop a new orifice from the muscular interior. It forms a siphon of sort, which they use to filter breathable air out of the volcanic ash. It only provides a marginal difference on land. But it allows them to breathe underwater as well, by siphoning in oxygen.

Gonna evolve to explore the Ocean. Sorry, crabbros, you know what's coming...
>>
File: Naamloos.png (2.18 MB, 1752x1366)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB PNG
>>4730590
You made a minor mistake you gave the antennae lumpslug 2 toxic instead of 2 sensors.

Also next turn the antennae lumpslugs move from the red x to the white x's
>>
>>4730641
they had 0 sensors, and increased them to 1. Don't think there was a mistake unless you meant for something else
Also you forgot to roll 1d3+1 to expand
>>
Rolled 3 + 1 (1d3 + 1)

>>4730648

You're right they had the bonus to toxic in the last update as well, never mind.
>>
File: hexcrab2.png (14 KB, 808x541)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
Rolled 41 (1d100)

>Roll for Size evolution on the two eyed hexcrab (gen1) in the right-most square that is occupied by both types of hexcrab. (adjacent to spiky briicke)

In response to pressures from their environment, the original hexcrab bulks up with an even harder armored exoskeleton and newly-serrated hammerclaws.

>>4730613
>Sorry, crabbros, you know what's coming...
Oh, my friend, if only YOU knew what's coming. MUHAAHAAHAHA
>>
Rolled 1 + 1 (1d3 + 1)

Rolling to expand...
>>
File: MapBeetleExpand.png (3 MB, 1752x1368)
3 MB
3 MB PNG
>>4730804

Please expand to top 2 tiles as indicated...
>>
Round 3 locked in except for Tads, round 4 queued up except for Munchmouthchad and Tads. (I believe)

If there are any lurkers or people who want to join in, there might still be time for one or two more players to join and catch up before we really take off, right QM?
>>
>>4730902
Sure, Id appreciate some growth. I figure 7-8 species would be ideal for this map.

After I resolve the next turn, I won't be able to take new joiners so this may be the last chance
>>
>>4730641
The Antennae Lumsplug is not thriving at the tile you have picked to spread from, the ancestral Lumpslug does. You can still revert the action if you like, if not ill just expand with the older lumpslug generation. Also you got 4 expansions to go for and you have only expanded to 3 tiles (which is fine, you don't have to use all 4 of the expansions)
>>
>>4731143
Ancestral form for expansion is fine and honestly since it has to be adjacent I can't see a fourth hex to expand too
>>
File: toadstool.png (5 KB, 234x261)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
i am joining in with this fella its a two part creature with a plant upon its back doing photosynthesis while the animal half mostly hides under the day as being part of the landscape but scavenging under the night or attacking any herbivore that attacks it under the day
>>
Rolled 3 + 1 (1d3 + 1)

>>4730590
>Munchmouths keep spreading thru the ocean!
>>
>>4731353
Welcome!
Choose a starting tile please, then i'll stat you.
You'll then be able to immediately perform 3 actions to catch up with the other, the 3rd action will be queued for next turn.
>>
Rolled 71, 70, 50 = 191 (3d100)

>>4731406
i would like to start in the arctic the area at the bottom right in the middle of that row.

and i will go with having anti-freeze materials being contained inside the blood basically sugars and some proteins that link up with ice preventing it from really crystallizing and linking up with other ice molecules preventing the bodily fluids from freezing so i think that will be it.
>freeze resistant able to survive freezing temperatures where the body should be going freezing solid.
>high uric acid content "pee" making it less edible while also making it more freeze resistant as it prevents cellular damage by breaking up ice crystal formations from rupturing cells.
>very high salt content even more freeze resistant while also making them able to handle sea water due to balancing its bodies salinity so the sea water does not dehydrate it

honestly just a frog if it could live on sunlight and being not good to eat at all
>>
>>4731426
filled with sugar, urine and salt
>>
Gonna give the Tadlads another hours before i post the next turn.

>>4729689
Still around? You have 2 actions to post
>>
>>4731427
>>4731426
>>4731353
is this acceptable input?
>>
>>4731500
It is! Already statted your species accordinly, now waiting abit for our last member to show up. If he wont i'll post the next ud.

I increased your species Toxic level twice, and one increased the environment level to fit ocean tiles. I figured that is what you were aiming for.

>>4731426
> StartingTrait: Symbiotic
This species is a symbiotic being uniting a critter and a plant. While the plant acts mostly as a parasite, its host learned to utilize it in order to attract prey who seeks for eating herbs. Species with this trait may hunt herbivore species by using their Camouflage against their Sensor rather than using their sensors against camouflage.

> Trait - "Freeze Resistance"
Species with this trait can handle the occasional storms of the arctic desert without the need to find a shelter, which allows them to constantly keep on the lookout for food and growth.
This trait adds increases the habitability of this creature to fit Arctic tiles by +1.

> Trait - "Uric Acid"
high uric acid content "pee" making it less edible while also making it more freeze resistant as it prevents cellular damage by breaking up ice crystal formations from rupturing cells.
Species with this trait are considered to effectively have +1 Toxic points against species who have toxic attribute points lower than theirs.

> Trait - "Salty"
very high salt content even more freeze resistant while also making them able to handle sea water due to balancing its bodies salinity so the sea water does not dehydrate it.
Species with this trait are considered more fit to thrive in Arctic tile(+1 to thrive in arctic), but become even less adjusted to Volcanic wasteland tiles (-1 to thrive in Volcanic wastes).
>>
>>4731507
yeah basically inedible and low maintenance in a cold climate a bit of the idea is that the plant could support the animal half,
and the salt well another cold adaptation and also prepping for the salty sea
>>
File: game round 5.jpg (1.91 MB, 2500x4400)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB JPG
Skipping Tads turn for now(not waiting over 24hrs without notice for a player), if the player returns we will figure it out together.

> Turn 4 summary

>>4730718
> Trait - "Exoskeleton"
An extra armored layer protects this species exterior.
Hostile species who attempt to eat this species must have additional point in Digestion in order to do so, if they have a trait that allows them to break through hard shells or if they are 2 sizes larger than this species then this trait's benefit nullifies.

>>4730664
The ancestral form of the Lumpslug leave their ancient lands, following the currents to grassy shores and new ocean biomes to prosper in.

>>4730818
The Dynastinaes march over the new grassy terrain, enduring the new elements, convicted to find new homes...

>>4730613
> Trait - "Amphibious"
Species with this trait can choose to just expand 3 tiles instead of rolling 1d3+1. In this type of expansion however, at least one tile must be a "water" type (ocean or shallows) and another tile be a land type (land, volcanic, or arctic)

>>4731426
> StartingTrait: Symbiotic
This species is a symbiotic being uniting a critter and a plant. While the plant acts mostly as a parasite, its host learned to utilize it in order to attract prey who seeks for eating herbs. Species with this trait may hunt herbivore species by using their Camouflage against their Sensor rather than using their sensors against camouflage.

> Trait - "Freeze Resistance" (+1 Toxic)
Species with this trait can handle the occasional storms of the arctic desert without the need to find a shelter, which allows them to constantly keep on the lookout for food and growth.
This trait adds increases the habitability of this creature to fit Arctic tiles by +1.

> Trait - "Uric Acid" (+1 Toxic)
high uric acid content "pee" making it less edible while also making it more freeze resistant as it prevents cellular damage by breaking up ice crystal formations from rupturing cells.
Species with this trait are considered to effectively have +1 Toxic points against species who have toxic attribute points lower than theirs.

> Trait - "Salty" (+Ocaen tiles environment)
very high salt content even more freeze resistant while also making them able to handle sea water due to balancing its bodies salinity so the sea water does not dehydrate it.
Species with this trait are considered more fit to thrive in Arctic tile(+1 to thrive in arctic), but become even less adjusted to Volcanic wasteland tiles (-1 to thrive in Volcanic wastes).

--

Also, to avoid meta exploits such as species intentionally not entering a tile on lockdown so the game will never end. I'm announcing that the game will end at the end of the 12th turn, if it wont end by populating the tiles before that.
>>
>>4731374
From a little community thiriving within itself, the muchmouths become a vastly growing species. The sight of anything resembling tentacles causes many lesser species at the ocean to flee in panic
>>
File: mupdate 4.jpg (485 KB, 1722x1353)
485 KB
485 KB JPG
and as always, a mupdate to end the entire update
>>
>>4731587
toadstool when encountering rocks and dirt it ravenously devours the rare resources , the additional nitrogen's and silicates and carbons helps the plant grow bigger thus the creature along with it with the additional photosynthesis being done the skin starts to mineralize resulting in a more authentic rock from any extra minerals being stored
>>
File: toadstool.png (5 KB, 207x230)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>4731642
whoops forgot picture and dice
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>4731646
>>
File: hexcrab3.png (17 KB, 808x541)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
Rolled 8 (1d100)

What? My Hexoskelecrab is evolving!
>Size
The new species exhibits a new near-prehensile tail that aids in locomotion and battle. In addition, the species has learned and perfected autotomy; now able to cast off a leg, claw or tail in order to escape some unwinnable situations when being predated upon.

Let's friggin go, please shine down upon me with favor, RNGesus
>>
>>4731587

Hell yeah. I’m going to expand. Two tiles into the crab zones, and one directly below, where the gen 2 Briicke are.
>>
>>4731709

This would allow me to eat three eyes hexcrabs and thus thrive, right?
>>
>>4731650
>>4731646
>>4731642
I AM THE ROCK or well a rock troll
>>
Rolled 89 (1d100)

Evolve rightmost beetle on the grassland tile.

>Poison tolerance
As the dynastinae is exploring new biomes, it finds a new type of food: small insects covered in bacteria in moist areas. Although it provides little nutrition, the bacteria causes amino-acid replacements in their nicotinic acetylcholine receptor, which are known to confer resistance to alpha-neurotoxins.
>>
>>4731736
Pic
>>
Rolled 3 + 1 (1d3 + 1)

>>4731587
>Munchies expand to the oceans!
>>
File: 1617614650336.png (4 KB, 314x292)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
Rolled 32 (1d100)

>>4731587

The antennae Lumpslug on the artic tile is evolving . It gains a bunch of hairs to better protect it from the cold. + environment
>>
File: hexcrabs.png (97 KB, 1762x1246)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>12 turns
I probably went a little too autistic with the MS Paint, don't think I'll be getting to use all these level 5 evolutions, so here they are just for fun, lol.
>>
File: 1617614650347.png (12 KB, 735x395)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>4732308
Nice, here are my currently planned evolutions.
>>
>>4732308
I know that feel already have next evo planned
>>
File: marco.png (6 KB, 210x240)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>4732362
mfw metal slug
>>
>>4732308
I like the metal crab I bet it can toast my breakfast
>>
>>4732308
>>4732457

For me, it's Whitecrab.
>>
File: Briickes.png (38 KB, 800x600)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
>>4732308

Crab Evos inspired me to think a bit more about Briicke. The result is that they're biological travesties, but hey, it's just an Evogame, so it doesn't need to hold up that well.
>>
File: game round 5.1.jpg (2.27 MB, 2900x4400)
2.27 MB
2.27 MB JPG
Starting effective on the next turn (no, not this one, the one after). You can do 2 actions per round instead of just 1. Both actions must be posted together, and each action must be on a different tile.

>>4731736
>Trait - "Poison Resistance"
bacteria causes amino-acid replacements in their nicotinic acetylcholine receptor, which are known to confer resistance to alpha-neurotoxins.
Species with this trait can ignore 1 trait that would otherwise increase their prey's effective "Toxic" level, if there is one. If there are multiple traits, the most useful to their prey is ignored.

>>4732226
>Trait - "Hairy"
Strong and spiky hairs grow on this species skin. Providing both warmth and tough surface that helps them stick and climb on the ice rather than slide over it.
Species with this trait gain +1 to thrive in Arctic tiles, yet -1 to thrive in volcanic tiles.

>>4731642
(+1 Size)
>Trait - "Pyuridae"
This species uses its familiarity to its environment to become part of it, through nutrition and adjustment it camouflages itself as from any species who are not as well familiar to the environment.
Species with this trait gain effective +1 Camouflage if they are also more suited to thrive in their environment than the species who attempt to hunt them.

>>4731704
> Trait - "Autotomy"
The ability to shed their own limbs and regrow them increases this species survivability especially in stressful situations where they are being hunted.
Hunters who attempt eating species with this trait can only do so after spending 1 turn along with them on the same tile, as it takes time to adjust hunting such evasive technic.
However, this trait also takes alot of energy from this species, which makes them less fitting to thrive in their environment (-1 to thrive)

>>4732308
>>4732362
>>4732500
Those are awesome!

>>4731712
Yes

--
adding an update but we are still waiting on Munchbois before we can proceed to the next round
>>
File: Briicke 5.png (36 KB, 500x500)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
Rolled 3 (1d100)

>>4732551

The Arms Race continues. The Sea-faring Briicke, faced with the big crabs, grow in size further, to avoid predation.

They develop oversized digestive flaps, which they use to engulf prey outside their bodies. With these flaps, they can take on even bigger foes, by assaulting and digesting them without needing to fully swallow them first.
>>
>>4732578

>3

Well, FUCK.
>>
>>4732578
Your rolls are extremely musing, you either roll extremely high or extremely low. Guess it balances out
>>
>>4732584

If a 5 got me Craven, I'm terrified of this 3. Oh well. Spiky and Amphibious are both incredible, so it really does even out.
>>
>>4732404 Not metal, no.
>>4732493 Ding ding ding
>>
File: hexcrab4.png (22 KB, 808x541)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
Rolled 34 (1d100)

Queueing my 2 actions. First I evolve my Hexoskelecrab again.
>Size
The entire hexoskelecrab population once again morphs, this time gaining specialized claws and longer, segmented legs. The razor sharp claw dices any soft biological matter with ease and extreme prejudice, while the massive spiked claw is used as an indiscriminate hydraulic crusher, snapping bone and chitin alike.

Crabbi bois are gearin' up to enjoy the exquisite taste of Briicke Chowder
>>
Rolled 1 + 1 (1d3 + 1)

Queueing my second action, E X P A N S I O N
1 and 2: shallows and volcano
3: water with Bricke and three eye hexcrab
4: water with gen 1 hexcrab
>>
>>4732777

Are we meant to queue actions this turn, or the one after? I'll probably queue mine if so.
>>
ive re - worked some of the rules in the meanwhile for the next time I run this (won't be applied for this game)

Pic related, would appreciate to know what you think

The idea is that there are more synergies between actions, so evolving helps expanding and the other way around(you get 1 more expansion with each species you have). This shall push players to think less one-dimensionally and drive them to both expand and evolve at any part of the game rather than repeating the same path.

Also added some soft caps(capped with size) on attributes to make species more versatile, and give some incentive to develop your species in more than one branch and in different way.

Let me know what you think

>>4732816
the turn after, next turn its still just one action
>>
File: New rules for next time.jpg (1.11 MB, 2500x1578)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
>>4732821
forgot to pic new rules (again, NOT for this game, we are gonna finish with the starting rules. This is for next thread/game)
>>
>>4732824

Maybe add rules on what thriving means, and how to achieve it? For example, how you have to be adapted to the environment.
>>
File: New rules for next time.jpg (912 KB, 2471x1219)
912 KB
912 KB JPG
>>4732837
Hmm true, how about that
>>
>>4732847
Looks p good
>>
>>4732847

Yeah, that's good.

One more question about thriving. Is only one species able to Thrive? And does that mean that if a species was once thriving and suddenly got preyed on, it can't expand out of that tile anymore?
>>
>>4732887
Yep both correct
>>
>>4732551
>>4732816
>>4732821
Took me a while to read everything correctly, didn't see the
>(no, not this one, the one after)
lol wow I feel stupid. In the sake of fairness I'll keep the decision+roll (unless QM wants to discard it) and only take one move on the next turn
>>
>>4732551
g4 i want you to expand to the sides of the frozen as much as you can while i want you g5 to expand to the sea as much as you can try and reach the land mass with the bugs
>>
>>4732824
Maybe a maximum number of species a player can have especially since each new species lets you expand more?
>>
File: NowWithWings.png (80 KB, 396x372)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
Rolled 21 (1d100)

If it pleases the QM, I would like to queue my next action.

Evolve the beetle that has poison resistance.

> Dynastinae: Now with wings!

While flying, an interesting aspect of the dynastinae reproduction strategy is revealed.

The female dynastinae is a formidable foe. The males are significantly smaller, weaker, and may have trouble finding food.

Once the male finds a suitable mate, he bites into her abdomen and latches on until his body fuses with hers. Their skin joins together, and so do their blood vessels, which allows the male to take all the nutrients he needs from his host/mate's blood. The two beetles essentially become one. After fusing, males increase in volume and become much larger relative to free-living males of the species. Many males can latch onto a single female.

When the female is ready to procreate, the males are at the ready for spawning. The beetles will find safety on top of large cliffs to lay their eggs. Dynastinaes are known to lay large clusters, in excess of three dozen, but only few will survive into infancy, as the first to hatch feasts on their unborn siblings to sustain them, and the rest will fight for the right of survival.
>>
>>4732987
I like the idea of players controlling more species actually, dont think there is a need for a cap.

>>4733244
Love it! Wish the dice gods would love it too
>>
Still waiting for munchmouths before we can cont
>>
>>4733348
>Love it! Wish the dice gods would love it too
At least it is not a 3. XD
>>
>>4732847
This makes me really excited. Can't wait to play again!
>>
>>4729689
>>4728468
I AM BOTHERING YOU
>>
>>4732500
Wait so does that mean Briicke is asexual? Or still requires paired mating? lol

Also how do you pronounce Briicke? In my mind it's one syllable and sounds like "breek"
>>
>>4733975

I haven't thought that far into reproduction. Probably would lay eggs within clusters of rocks or something. And yeah, they'd mate, or self-fertilise if one couldn't be found.

Yup, spot on. It's like Brick with an emphasis on the i. Just like Breek.

What about the chad crabs? Do they have a crab-like life cycle where the young are free-swimmers?
>>
>>4733979
Big boy Hexcrabs merely divide into tens, hundreds or thousands of smaller Hexcrabs of equal mass and volume when they feel close to death in their old age. Tragically, reproduction among hexcrabs is now impossible due to a mutation in their DNA. All extant Hexcrabs are descended from one ancestor.
>>
File: 1617614650338.png (3 KB, 314x292)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
The Lumpslugs on land develop a slimy skin to prevent themselves drying out . + environment
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

>>4734043
Forgot the roll
>>
>>4734087
epic roll can't wait to eat you
>>
File: eyfm3phc2uf41.jpg (66 KB, 334x322)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>4734087

>1

S-sl-slugbros, you good?
>>
File: 1617614650338.png (3 KB, 314x292)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>4734108
No, I'm not.

Also I uploaded the wrong picture for >>4734043

I meant to send this one without the antennae
>>
>>4734087
>1

Good luck
>>
>>4734043
Big oof time

--
What should we do about munchmouth?
>>
>>4734378

Should we skip and let them queue it later? Its been a while.
>>
>>4734378
Let's press on for now, been a while since Munch's last post
>>
>>4734419

I agree.

Or the QM could just roll for expansion and decide where to expand to?
>>
>>4731646
Mr Toadstool, what do you use to draw your pics?

They are incredible.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (12 KB, 225x224)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>4734473
Im guessing he uses a digital drawing tablet
>>
Mmmm ok. ill give it a few more hours, waiting wouldn't be my first choice but we are down to only 4 active species. 5 is playable but 4 is abit too thin for this map. Id rather see if we may still get our player back, if not ill go for your suggestions
>>
ah we are actually 5 species, but one only just began expanding. Still, I feel without munchmouth the map would feel rather empty.
>>
>>4734473
Mspaint and a mouse i got a pen and tablet but i never really use it
>>
>>4734616
Well someone could take it over for a shortwhile
Or we can ad another species
>>
>>4734617
Oh i am just going to be incredibly hard to eat and choke out the map
>>
>>4734043
>>4734087
so... do you live better in the water now cause you are wet?
>>
>>4734772
I think if i take over munchmouth it wouldnt be fair, or anybody else for that matter.
Really want to continue but its a tough situation where im unsure what is best other than having munchmouths return. I was hoping that in this stage of the game whoever sticks would keep around to the end

--

I will sleep on it and come up with some solution tomorrow. Already have the next turn ready, just missing a way to addres the munchmoths/tads problem before I cont.

Current solution is to give them some "AI" personality they'll follow. (For example if I roll X they do Y. I'll post the AI behavior if thats what i go for) gonna take me some time to polish it out or figure another way that is fair, then i'll post the turn and resume the frequent updates. Hope youll stick around for that.
>>
>>4735231
Sounds solid.
>>
>>4735231
What do you mean you want to take over munchmouths? I'm still here.
>>
>>4735339
you need to do your turns
>>
File: hng.png (475 KB, 840x859)
475 KB
475 KB PNG
>>4735339
let's go munchmouthchad
>>
>>4735339
Noice!
Very glad you are here, thought we lost you.

You have 2 action to catch up to with everyone
>>
Rolled 3, 2 + 1 = 6 (2d3 + 1)

>>4735823
Just expand to the oceans.
>>
>>4735897
cool. I got to leave for family visit but I'll be back in a few hours and be able to post the update then
>>
Rolled 2 + 1 (1d3 + 1)

Im back, sorry for the time it took, was much longer than expected
>>4732945
Rolling for you since you frogto the roll for expansion
>>
File: cra.jpg (547 KB, 1397x1080)
547 KB
547 KB JPG
>>4736696
GROW. EXPAND. EXPLODE.
GROW. EXPAND. EXPLOOOODE!
>>
File: game round 6.jpg (2.47 MB, 2900x4800)
2.47 MB
2.47 MB JPG
>>4732777
> "Sunder"
The new massive and sharp claws of the Hexoskelecrab allows it to sunder the defenses of its foes and eviscerate their intestines.
IG: This trait allows you to ignore one defensive trait of your prey which increases its hardness. If your prey has multiple of such traits, you may only ignore the one that is the least effective against your species.

>>4732578
> Trait - "Digestive Flaps"
The species develop oversized digestive flaps, which they use to engulf prey outside their bodies. With these flaps, they can take on even bigger foes, by assaulting and digesting them without needing to fully swallow them first.
However, the size and color of those flaps gives away their stealth, and grants hunters a chunky new nutrient to chew on.
IG: This trait allows this species to hunt foes +1 size larger than they could otherwise take, however, it decreases this species effective camouflage by -1 and hunters who eat this species are considered +1 more fit to their environment.

>>4734087
> New trait - "Slimy"
The slimy skin of the slugs makes them more adaptive to live in the grasslands, however, to preserve their slime from injuring their own skin they have lost some of their toxicity, and the saltwater of the ocean they used to live in now dries them to death.
IG: -1 Toxic, Can't also live in Oceans

(I also made them slightly darker so i can differentiate them on the map)

>>4733244
(+1 Digestion)
> "Migration" trait swapped with "Flying"
The flying ability of the Dynastinaes does not only allow them to reach high cliffs to lay their eggs, but also to migrate great distances.
IG: When using the "Migration" ability, you can move each affected tile up to 2 tiles away rather than just 1.

>>4732945
The Toadstool finally decide spreading into the world, leaping out of their safe arctic region into the ocean.
>>
File: mupdate 5.jpg (506 KB, 1730x1354)
506 KB
506 KB JPG
~~~Mupdate~~~
>>
File: hexcrab5.png (25 KB, 808x541)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
Rolled 41 (1d100)

>>4736731
>>4736729
What? Hexoskelecrab is evolving!
>+1 Sensors
Red gems that carry an electric current sprout forth from the carapace of the ancient hexcrab's newest progeny. Like a sixth sense, these crabs use these "jewels" to sense biological matter (i.e., food) from small and wide distances. If this adaptation is developed correctly, they have a great propensity to become apex generalists, invasive species capable of thriving in environments they normally would not be able to get a foothold in, by using the Hex Field to locate and eat the plant matter, detritus and animals of all landscapes with no one to challenge their size and near-omniscience when it comes to tracking living things. If this adaptation proves to be too niche, the Hex Field will become a vulnerability, a distracting and near-blinding force, and these giant ostentatious hexcrabs will not be able to correctly tune in on potential predators or other dangers in their immediate vicinity.
>>
File: HEXCRABMOVE.png (826 KB, 813x813)
826 KB
826 KB PNG
Rolled 2 + 1 (1d3 + 1)

Almost forgot to take a second move. RED GEM ARMY, MARCH!
>>
Yep reminder to everyone we do 2 actions now on 2 different tiles
>>4736822
2nd move must be on a different tile c:
>>
File: plan of expansion.png (587 KB, 864x586)
587 KB
587 KB PNG
>>4736729
okay i want to expand from the toadstool thats directly under the shallow tile i want them to form a line i want to go up on the continent and cross over to the next one by hugging the edges of the continent.
just want to spread before i create new species.
is it perhaps possible to Move?
>>
>>4737005
perhaps i should have evolved a carrying trait for the young so i could daisy chain
>>4736881
ah so we can expand and evolve or expand and expand?
>>
>>4736822 #
>>4736881 #
RED GEM ARMY, HALT!

Can I evolve a crab on a different hex too or does the second move have to be expand?
>>
Rolled 3 + 1 (1d3 + 1)

>>4736729
Munchies are at it again
>>
File: 1617557980441.png (2.17 MB, 1752x1366)
2.17 MB
2.17 MB PNG
Rolled 3 + 1 (1d3 + 1)

Dynastinae, It's time to ddduel. The land slug moves from the red cross to the only two spaces it has available since it can't go back into the water
>>
Rolled 2 + 1 (1d3 + 1)

For my second action since I don't know how the rolling works for two expansions the hairy lumpslug claims it's second artic tile
>>
Rolled 2 + 1 (1d3 + 1)

>>4737005
first expansion
>>
Rolled 1 + 1 (1d3 + 1)

>>4737005
second expansion
>>
>>4736729

What happens in a case where two species have the traits needed to each prey on each other? Like the current arms race going on between the briicke and crabs.

Also for my move, I’m gonna expand.
>>4736731

The Flappy briicke will expand two to the left and one up.

The Breather briicke above the tads will adapt to the shallows. I’ll roll and post it when I can get to a pc.
>>
>>4737761

Actually, cancel thay please. I realised that I can’t move out of tiles I’m not thriving in. New post incoming.
>>
Rolled 92 (1d100)

>>4737761

The battle continues. Fuck stealth. After predation by the big lads on their tile, the Flappy Briicke continue to develop. Not only do their shells grow in size, their digestive membranes also swell out of control. Massive swathes of sticky stomach lining extend from their insides. They wrap up prey with them and crush them to bits using the force of their hinges.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d100)

>>4736731

Meanwhile, the amphibious breather Briicke directly above the tads evolve a second siphon. With this, they can shoot out water and propel themselves across the shallows. They use a combination of walking on their halves and water propulsion.

Environment, shallows.
>>
>>4737792
>>4737794

Christ, the pattern continues.
>>
File: hexcrab3a.png (11 KB, 808x541)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
Rolled 64 (1d100)

My second move (ignore the movement) is to evolve the top right three eyed hexcrab on the arctic.
>Camo
First dismissed due to belief these were mutations rather than inherited traits, a colony of three eyed hexcrab have been observed with two additional eyes and darker coloration. These traits allow the crabs to see predators coming from additional angles, and appear less conspicuous by employing a more unified color scheme
>>
>>4732847

One more suggestion. A lot of traits do things like changing effective stats, giving +1s, -1s, and situational boosts. These are hard to track because they’re based off traits.

Might I suggest displaying these attributes on the evolution list? For example, if someone has an extra toxic point because of a trait, put a half-translucent symbol under their toxic, to reflect that.

Also we have a discord for Evogame stuff on /qst/. Dropping the link in case you guys wanna join.

https://discord.gg/GpduVSzy
>>
>>4737186
yes you can evolve crab on diferent tile

>>4737359
you got another roll to make, also i maigne both expansions are for ocean on both sides again?

>>4737021
you can also evolve adn evolve, as long as its on different tiles
>>4737005
You can only expand to ADJACENT tiles, since actions are said to be happening on "the same time" you cant chain an expansion, it all must be adjacent to the tile you expand from.
>>
>>4737890
I see what you mean, but most of these traits give those bonuses on certain circumstances. So its not actually a +1 or a -1.

I do agree that I should find a way to make those bonuses more readable
>>
>>4737792
This drawing. I like this drawing.
>>
Rolled 3 + 1 (1d3 + 1)

>>4737900
You would be correct.
>>
File: Untitled.png (60 KB, 440x280)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
Rolled 30 (1d100)

Evolve the beetle at the bottom of the map.

> The dynastinae adjust to the inviting landscape.

There is an abundance of prey, but they keep on hiding, all. the. time.

No matter, the dynastinae has adapted. Their mouths turned to proboscis apparatus. Now, they can reach anywhere. No more hiding!

The bug uses its straw-like mouth to inject prey with a toxin that liquifies their insides, which it then sucks it back up through its straw mouth. How creepy is that?!
>>
File: waterBeetle.png (71 KB, 426x324)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
Evolve the beetle in the shallows on the left.

> Water striders

The dynastinae grow larger feet with lots of hairs on them.

The legs have tiny hairs that repel water and capture air. By repelling water, the water striders stand on the water’s surface and the captured airs allows them to float and move easily.

Water striders are insects that are adapted for life on top of still water, using surface tension to their advantage so they can “walk on water.”

As with all insects, the water strider has three pairs of legs. The front legs are much shorter, and allow the strider to quickly grab prey on the surface. The middle legs act as paddles. The back legs are the longest and provide additional power, and also enable the strider to steer and “brake.”

That speed is essential for the strider’s most important task: snatching prey off the water’s surface. A water strider rapidly grabs its catch with its front legs, then uses its mouthparts to devour it.
>>
>>4737900
okay then i would like to expand into that general direction
>>
Rolled 83 (1d100)

>>4738374
roll
>>
Got a busy day, will try to squeeze in time for an update within the next 10 hours, cant make promises though. Just a heads up~
>>
>>4739215
All good thanks for running
>>
File: game round 7.jpg (1.66 MB, 3400x5800)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB JPG
>>4736803
> New Trait - "Gemtracking"
The Hexoskelecrab is able to use its new unique sense in order to track prey and food sources where it otherwise couldn't, and survive in environments it normally wouldn't be able to survive in.
IG: Your species will now eat none-thriving species in all tiles, even if your species normally can't thrive in that tile. The hunted species must be none-thriving when you enter the tile, it can't be eaten if it was already thriving.

>>4737840
> New Trait - "Uncanny Sight"
This species can see from every direction can't be caught off guard by stealth or an ambush.
IG: This species ignore 1 trait from a hostile species that uses a "Stealthy" ability in order to hunt your species, the nullified trait will always be the one which would be otherwise most effective against your species.

>>4737792
> Trait - "Crush"
This species can ignore traits from other species which help them resist digestion by using their natural hardness.

>>4737794
The extra Siphon allows this new type of Bricke to adapt into the shallows, however it does not differentiate their traits and behavior from their former evolution.

>>4738331
+1 Sensors
>New trait - "Proboscis"
This species can inject poison and find pray using its king proboscis.
IG: Instead of using your "Digestion" against the "Toxic" of the prey - This species may use its "Toxic" Attribute against the "Digestion" attribute of their prey in order to eat them, and only if your species are at least 2 sizes larger.

>>4738374
+ Environment: Shallows
> New trait - "Stride"
Speedy movement across the shallow waters allows this species to gain an edge over its predators and prey alike
IG: If species with this trait share a Shallows tile with a species that can both eat them and also be eaten by them. Then this species gain a "Speed Advantage" over the other species, and the other species can only be eaten. This bonus only applies if the other species uses the "conventional" default way of hunting, and not if they use other methods such as ambushing or trapping.

>>4737395
The Hairy Slugs push their way through the arctic desert, expanding westwards.
While the Land slugs find new enemies to the size. Huge Predatory beetles. They manage to prosper over them on one region, while being eaten by the more evolved type at the other.

>>4737005
The Toadstool continue spreading to the north and west. They take over the seas and icy deserts with ease, however, they are left stranded and confused as they reach distant shores up north...

Also a note: You /can/ move and chain an expansion if you have the traits for it. For example, Dynastinae have "Migration" trait which allows them to move from tile to tile without expanding. special traits change the way things play out.

>>4737359
The Munchmouths finally find prey within sight, as their territories border new prospering species never before seen...

--
We have Discord:
https://discord.gg/rJBSGFNH

You can join for questions & hanging
>>
File: toadstool 2.png (12 KB, 326x338)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>4740994
the toadstool upon land evolves its pyuridea trait even further incorporating more minerals into a hard mineral armor and camouflage.

can i also evolve a sea adapted toadstool and like a winter variant toadstool and so on.
and do i get additional actions for creating species?
>>
>>4741195
>do i get additional actions for creating species
Not in this vresion of the game. In 2.0 which im refining and will come out soon after we finish, each species you own gets its own semi-action other than your main action
--

You do still have 1 more action to perform on another tile, so you can evolve another species or expand
>>
Rolled 1 + 1 (1d3 + 1)

>>4740994
Muchies do it.
>>
Rolled 1 + 1 (1d3 + 1)

>>4740994
Hexoskelecrab g4 expands!

1 and 2: shallows and volcano
3 if applicable: ocean to the right
4 if applicable: ocean to the left
>>
Rolled 1 + 1 (1d3 + 1)

and 5 eyes crabs expand clockwise starting with the arctic tile on the right!
>>
Okay, not my best turn, but hexcrab will dominate soon enough.

Also is anybody eating/fighting yet?
>>
Rolled 60 (1d100)

>>4740994

The fleshy membranes grow increasingly pigmented and sticky. They slowly develop the ability to change color, and small amounts of debris stick to it, giving it a sea floor texture. Hopefully the new change in color can erase the loss in camouflage from the digestive flaps.
>>
Rolled 70 (1d100)

>>4741195
whoops forgot dice
>>
File: Brricke.png (6 KB, 500x500)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
Rolled 13 (1d100)

>>4737794

The Blaster Briicke invert their body movements and swim around upside down, rather than walking with their two halves. They develop a habit of burying themselves in the dirt, before bursting out explosively using their siphons and catching prey.

Camouflage +
>>
File: 1617614650339.png (3 KB, 314x292)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
Rolled 53 (1d100)

The Landslug on the same tile as the Dynastinae develops a venomous slime
>>
File: 1617614650334.png (2 KB, 249x267)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
Rolled 42 (1d100)

The Lumpslug right next to the Munchmouts grows larger. + size for this and +toxic for the landslug evolution.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (10 KB, 808x541)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>4741195
You still have another action to perform(on a different tile other than the Toadstool you just evolved)
>>
File: dyna vs slug.png (232 KB, 632x376)
232 KB
232 KB PNG
Not sure how to attack, but about to find out!

Should I roll? What? D100? Should the lumpslug also roll? Or do we go only on stats?

>The flying Dynastinae attempts to eat the Land Slug.

This creature is much too close. There can be only one!

The flying dynastinae has eaten much more inpalitable, and much more slimy, critters in this landscape. (Poison resistance stat)

This lumpslug seems like it will put up more of a fight than the dynastinae is used to, but, darn, doesn't it look tasty!
>>
File: dyna vs slug.png (207 KB, 587x376)
207 KB
207 KB PNG
> Also attack this lumpslug.

>>4741999
Not sure how to incorporate the evolution/ attack at the same time.

PEACE WAS NEVER AN OPTION.
>>
>>4742974
Fighting/extinction happens automatically/on the QMs "turn" I think, meaning you can still choose to take your 2 actions. Pretty sure, don't quote me on that
>>
>>4742984
That was my interpretation as well
>>
>>4742007
trying to think of another mutant
>>
>>4742984
It does!

>>4743034
Its ok, we are in no rush. Rather you put in the time for it and make something cool c:

>>4741301
Ocean tiles only?
>>
>>4743466
I think i will make a dolphin
>>
>>4744319
A stoolphin?
>>
>>4744541
sounds like a poop joke if i am being honest.
oh also how many are left that have not taken action i am currently working on drawing some pickles for burger crabs
>>
>>4744721
also waiting for mucnhies 2nd action

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.