[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 50 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Word Art.jpg (205 KB, 583x857)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
With some hesitation we start at the beginning.

The alarm screams to life as the Emperor of Mankind rushes to his most precious project. Malcador, somewhat younger than most would see him rushes to his friends side as they witnesses his Primarchs, start to be whisked away by the warp. The containers each destined for a different location by machinations of the dark gods of the warp, angered by the Emperor of Mankind and his plans. The Emperor reaches out against the warp desperate with Malcador assisting to hold them back, as Erda, the mother, misguided in her bizarre machinations tries to give her sons a different life.

As this titanic struggle occurs for the fate of mankind itself, the pods begin to take their dark flight through the Immaterium. Several sailing in different directions, guided as some corrections are made last minute. Then one pod seems to be knocked astray. As this happens a pod marked XI is reached out to. It is moved by something from not yet to be, yet something that is real. “Maybe this time, things can be different after all.” A voice like thunder says in a gentle tone. “Go. Find Glory. My Son.” As a golden hand guides the pod a different way far off course.

The pod goes towards a different system the thundering voice cheers triumphantly as the pod moves, glowing in bright gold as it’s sigils seem to echo in space about it. This time. Maybe this time. Before it was different. Now things could go, perhaps as they should have.
>>
I give you a choice

Where do you want this pod to crash.

I want this to be done well, so I am willing to give more details on each planet listed besides what is already available.

> De’lormosa
Classification: Feudal World/Ocean World/Waste World
The planet of Delomosa is a vast blue fresh water ocean. While the ocean flourishes with life the only thing resembling dry land are very small islands, and long stretches of shoals, with the rest of the planet being open ocean. Life here either survives on the shoals, the islands, or on large boat cities and rafts. Other sentient worlds in the system dump their garbage and waste on to this planet leaving some artifical islands of waste that are shifting and churning. Civilization at it’s peak is a mostly feudal society of roving pirates who fight over territory and the wastes that the other planets leave. Beneath the waves giant sea monsters run wild, as well as other creatures. Rumors of an advanced underwater hive city persist in some circles but so do rumors of mermaids. Culture varies regionally, but the people are hot tempered, decisive and intuitive.

> Hershk:
Classification: Tomb World/Dead World
Tomb Status: unknown.
-
A world of shadows, flames, alkaline salt flats, fire storms and annual radioactive and electric hurricanes. Very little life is found outside ruins, mountain forts, and ornate tunnel systems. Life is extremely brutal, short and tribal as techno barbarians and darker entities roam the wastelands. The various natural forms of life here are all extremely dangerous. There are rumors of Necrons stalking parts of the planets waste as well as forbidden caches of technology in great vaults and complexes, as well as darker things hidden in the ground. The humans here are all grim, intelligent, and strong. Cultural inspirations are Mesopotamian and Assyrian.

>Colomivar:
Classification: Jungle World/Frontier World
A planet with vast continental jungles filled with exceptionally deadly wildlife and fauna, high mountains and volcanoes, dangerous and even boiling rivers. The oceans are small with various islands but run deep in pockets. Civilization is markedly different, with some civilized cities are present they are in a very small minority as most life is tribal. This divide is marked by wealth and technology. Rumors swirl of a xenos civilization and monsters in the deepest depths of the oceans, as well as other whispers of giant humans whom dwell in the mountains. The Humans are determined, resourceful, creative and hardy. Cultural inspirations are Polynesian, South American and Native American influences.

Cont-
>>
Togyo Angla :
Clasification: Civilized world.
A world with a population of 10 billion humans, with great technical cities and is in a process of building it’s first hive. There is great political instability, as well as disparity between much of the population and a growing wealth gap. The planet is being struggled for in terraforming and government competition and activity means progress is made in a combination of slow then fast leaps. Unknown to most of the population the ruling class is not human, and it keeps the human population inline in a life that most of the population experiences as near poverty, poverty and slavery. There are savage and powerful fauna and disturbing flora in various locations. The population itself varies from tribal in some pockets to feudal, to very civilized. The humans vary in culture from location to location as well as their attitude. The planet is always on the cusp of space travel and some think that life has been here longer than said.
>>
>>4666451
> De’lormosa
MOARI PRIMARCH

LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>4666453
Togyo Angla
>>
>>4666451
The planet of Delomosa is a vast blue fresh water ocean. While the ocean flourishes with life the only thing resembling dry land are very small islands, and long stretches of shoals, with the rest of the planet being open ocean. Life here either survives on the shoals, the islands, or on large boat cities and rafts. Other sentient worlds in the system dump their garbage and waste on to this planet leaving some artifical islands of waste that are shifting and churning. Civilization at it’s peak is a mostly feudal society of roving pirates who fight over territory and the wastes that the other planets leave. Beneath the waves giant sea monsters run wild, as well as other creatures. Rumors of an advanced underwater hive city persist in some circles but so do rumors of mermaids. Culture varies regionally, but the people are hot tempered, decisive and intuitive.

Tropical Primarch, we could use one of those.
>>
>>4666506
It wasn't too on the nose was it?
>>
>>4666525
Of course not qm I'm just hyper autistic and that's what I was hoping it'd be
>>
>>4666527
>>4666506
Sorry post id changed
>>
>>4666442
>> De’lormosa
>>
>>4666451
>De’lormosa
Let's be a pirate primarch
>>
>>4666451
> Hershk
>>
>>4666451
>Hershk:
>>
I am going to wait longer for some more votes, but if you need any clarification its fine.

So far

Togyo Angla:1
Hershk: 2
De'lormosa:4

-
Honestly kinda surprised nobody wants colomivar
>>
>>4666569
I wanted but you can't choose 2 and between tomb world with interesting technologies and frontier, I would pick technologies
>>
>>4666569
I would say that all your options are likeable and well written, it's like you're in candy shop, you pick what you can :) But it seems medieval world wins again, eh, cliché.
>>
>>4666579
Feudal doesn't always mean Medieval.
>>
>>4666451
> Hershk
>>
Hmmm... It looks like De'lormosa but a few want Hershk.

To help assist with this I am going to outline a bit.

1. De'lormosa:
Has varied tech due to regular dumping of waste from [REDACTED]. Where you land here will mostly determine the tech level you would have access to. While the tech level varies, so does the weather. It depends on what climate band you land in, which would be determined by your selection. It could be closer to an Antarctic summer than one in Hawaii. The tech is also as varied. You could have Dark Ages to Dark Age of technology depending on what you do.

2. Hershk:
Has straight up dark age of technology golden age of man technology in it. However, while there may be a lot of tech there, the planet is constantly morphing from how deadly the weather is. I did as much research as possible to see how hellish I could make a 40k world while still making it theoretically habitable. However, there is lots of opportunity for tech here to be found as you will need it just to survive on the hell hole.
>>
And the other two, incase things radically shift while I go for a walk and then to the Gym

3. Colomivar:
This planet has not much climate variation. It's going to be either up to 45c in some deserts or down to -1c. The tech is going to be very disparate with the top end probably being at best industrial revolution and average tech bronze age.

4. Togyo Angla;
I am going to make this real simple. Copy Paste earths climate, weather and technology- then assume that theories about alien tech being hidden by governments are true. Then you will have Togyo Angla. So civilized tech with some Mankinds golden age tech potentially up for grabs.
>>
>>4666442
>> De’lormosa
>>
>>4666451
>Hershk
>>
>>4666451
>> De’lormosa
>>
>>4666451
>Hershk
>>
My walk was satisfying. My gym time will come later.

De'lormosa: 6
Hershk:5
Togyo Angla:1

Total votes: 12
Winner: De'lormosa

That being said, a lot of people were wanting Hershk, so I will try to accommodate a little bit of what I can when I can, it may make this more interesting! I am quite surprised with this take.
---

Your pod sails through an irradiated outer cloud past a gas giant and several freighter star fleets. The speed and size of your pod leaves you ignored largely by those nearby. You had towards the fourth planet of this system, De'lormosa. A far different place from your original heading. It appears as a blue marble specked with tiny spots of green, white, tan and red. There is a large hurricane forming that can be spied from your pod. As well as small icy regions, great tropical shoals some with volcanos, small islands, a great chain of islands and one great island to the south.

Your pod approaches faster towards the planet, and cannot escape the gravity.

>Crash near the hurricane/near chain of islands
>Crash near the large the large shoal with one mighty island
>Crash near the largest island
>Crash near the icy region
>>
>>4666767
>>Crash near the largest island
>>
Are/Were all the Primarchs landed on their homeworlds at the same time or what? Because if we landed say a decade before Big E comes it won't matter much
>Hershk
>>
>>4666771
Fucking captcha taking so long
>>
>>4666767
>>
>>4666767
>>
>>4666771

Lore wise- the Primarch of the eleventh was one of the last discovered. However things are slightly different. There will be enough time for it to matter- but it may not take that long. So theoretically think more middle of the road.

Or if enough are interested- I was going to call for a vote to roll for when the primarch is found.
>>
>>4666767
>Hurricane

Lets take the exciting option!
>>
>>4666767
>Crash near the icy region
>>
>>4666767
>>4666785
actually let me switch to this
>>
>>4666767
>>Crash near the hurricane/near chain of islands
fuck it, changing to this
>>
>>4666767
>>
>>4666767
>crash near the Hurricane
MAUI QUEST GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>4666767
>>
>>4666767
>Crash near the largest island
Surfs up brah
>>
It looks like we are crashing into the eye of a hurricane near the largest island.

Will start when I get back.
>>
So Storm Riders for our Legion name?
>>
>>4666962
no names yet anon we gotta get a feel for how we do business and the local culture
>>
>>4666962
Slow yer roll there, buckaroo.
>>
So pirate primarch?
>>
File: what can i say.png (364 KB, 768x433)
364 KB
364 KB PNG
>>
>>4666767
I was born in a crossfire hurricane
>>
https://youtu.be/OJniq9KuDAQ
Fitting song.

Glad you're running, been waiting for this quest
>>
god damn the suspense is killing me
>>
>>4667208
i'm thinking more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9fvMQ04is4&ab_channel=LaFamigliaDoorsiana
>>
Sorry for the wait we had an emergency call in at work.

--
"If you had told me he had crashed into his planet in the midst of a hurricane I would have said that it would figure"
REDACTED
Record of the Great Crusade
----

When the pod of the XIth primarch came to grace De'lormosa it was in the middle of a Hurricane the likes of which the planet had not seen in over a century. Tales would be told of this encounter. No doubt some would be somewhat fabricated.

Sometimes though the truth is stranger than fiction.

Upon entering the atmosphere the Pod was struck multiple times by the rad enhanced lightning of the planet. The Life keeping Pod designed by the emperor stronger than the lightning storm, traveling at absurd speeds breaking the sound barrier and creating a gapping hole a second eye through the hurricane caused by localized phenomena.

The locals at the time saw it as ominous.

The island chain nearby was being supplied by a friendly trading ship at the time and the first person to see the pod was on the deck manning the wheel.

One could see the green glow of ghost fire across the streaking meteor and the wind suddenly changed directions for the briefest of moments-- or so it was claimed by the captain of the ship, also on deck.

The pod, partially due to design and angle of approach skipped like a rock losing momentum and tumbled towards shore only coming to rest in the sand of an outlier island, the farthest key.

The tribal chief of the nearby Island felt that it was a sign that needed to be investigated and hopped in his dug out canoe with brother to investigate.

The captain of the boat unable to sail closer due to the terrible weather and the size of his ship that would be unable to negotiate the reef, spied it. Seeing what was going on, he and the quartermaster took an excursion dingy to go see what crashed, hoping for potential treasure and not trash from the stars.

To this day, there is still argument about who arrived first. Only the primarch could actually know for sure.

-
> The Chief arrives first with his brother
> The Captain arrives first with his quartermaster
> They arrived at the same time

---
Some say the lightning that touched the pod explains a lot about the Primarch of the XI

Why (Choose 1)

> Because he was a null, his spark taken from him in exchange for survival
> Because electricity never harmed him, and he could channel it through him
> Because of his stormy personality and his ability to strike like lightning incarnate like his father the emperor

> Write in
>>
>>4667361
>>
>>4667361
>> The Chief arrives first with his brother
>> Because electricity never harmed him, and he could channel it through him
>>
>The Chief arrives first with his brother
>Because electricity never harmed him, and he could channel it through him
Trickster time
>>
>>4667361
>> The Captain arrives first with his quartermaster
Being a null doesn't seem quite right. Void combat and anti-daemon are too unrelated to both potentially specialize in down the line.
>>
>>4667381
support
>metal band music intensifies.crusade
>>
I will return in the morning and we shall vote then,.
>>
>>4667361
> The Chief arrives first with his brother
>>
>>4667361
>>
>>4667361
>>
>>4667361
>> They arrived at the same time
>>
>>4667361
>Same time
>Electricity

BIO-ELECTRICITY PSYKER LETS GOOOOOOOO
>>
File: 1591307830754.jpg (16 KB, 230x202)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>4667361
>>4667381
>>4667385
>>4667389
>>4667396
>>4667548
>>4667623
>>4667652
>>4667684
>>4667688
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fSwhNk7sdY
>>
>>4667361
from the looks of it we'll probably be Maori Pirate which I am okay with, I think it'd be pretty badass.
>>
>>4667361
>>
File: 1568928278487.jpg (435 KB, 1080x1169)
435 KB
435 KB JPG
https://youtu.be/VcByktP-mdE
>>
Good Morning!
>>4667695
Thanks terry that woke up me perfectly.

>Same Time
> Chief and Brother
> Captain and Quartermaster
---

The storm quieted a bit as the two arrived on the island at the same time, though depending on who you ask you'd here multiple conflicting reports.

When Captain Jero Avidulla arrived he hailed the chief warmly as a friend. They both had done business before, and whenever the captain would go upon the account, he would exclude any raiding from the chiefs island and always offer the chiefs men to join up on the account- as the chiefs men were strong and mighty warriors who were perfect at operating any vessel on the ocean.

Chief Ravi Kahnalaho hugged his friend. Ravi knew the captain always traded at a fair rate, and had always warned Ravi of any sea monsters if his men were willing to go a hunting.

"We saw the thing come down from the boat Ravi, any idea what it might be?" The captain said kicking the pod, accidentally changing the course of the blue planet. Ravi looked inside the thing

"Ya Jero it's a kid! Look!" Ravi said pointing to child. The world of De'lormosa had outsiders on it. While most of the population was born on De'lormosa, some were marooned. Jero's father was one of these and he had the green eyes of his father but the look of the natives. The child, had eyes like the crystal blue of the island something none of the assembled men had seen. The childs skin was like theres.

"This kid, came from out there? Them Outsiders, they gettin rid of babies now? They worse than the sea monsters!" Jero said spitting off to the side.

"This I guess his crib. Looks like something your guys would know how to use Jero."
Ravi said. Jero's eyes narrowed as if he had found treasure, then stopped.

"Nah Ravi. Laws and Code mate. It came with him, so it's his. My ship is no place for a child of that size. If he wants to join us after his name day send me a bird and I will happily take him on though. This child has got some touch of destiny. I can smell it in the wind." Jero said and his quartermaster laugh.

"That's the beached whale over yonder Jero." Quartermaster Johan said

"The slavers may come before you get back around though Jero. We have won our every last defense against them, but what if we don't get so lucky? What would they do with a kid like this and a pod like this? He may actually be better in your hands." Ravi said.

"Ravi don't get down on yourself, I know you lost your daughter to a raid once, but it don't mean it will happen again." The Chiefs brother Kai said.

"I may have a solution." The island had a hermit. A Shaman.

"Old man you almost got yourself gored by my spear." The Quartermaster said.

"The child is important. You both arrived together. So you shall share the child together like a family."

> Captain Jero gets custody first
> Chief Ravi gets Custody First.
>>
>>4667916
>Chief

A child growing strong as a warrior true, hopping onto the seas to make his fortune before returning at the turn of the 11th hour to case the slavers into the deep?
I can dig it.
>>
>>4667906
>>4667325
>>4667208
Also thanks lads for all the rock. It's good for getting up and ready to go for all I must do today.

>Immunity to and control/channeling of electricity
Unanimous

I am excited this path was chosen. This is going to be a joy to write.
>>
I'm liking the Chief, and later we can join the Captain.

Maybe even work to get their lines to merge in the decades to come and leave the planet in their descendants' care.
>>
>>4667916
I guess the captain can come and teach us various things from time to time.
>>
>>4667916
>>
>>4667916
Grow as a warrior and then become a sailor.
>>
>>4667927
I'm curious to see if that power eventually evolves to something like control of machines/technopathy with enough experience and finesse. That would be interesting. Imagine the looks on people like the Adeptus Mechanicus and the Iron Hands.
>>
>>4667948
So like Misaka from Railgun?
>>
>>4667951
Haven't seen that one, but basically the more experience we get with this power, the more we can do with machines. So starting with simple electricity control, then understanding how machines work from touching them, then finally being able to control them by thought alone. Something like that.
>>
>>4667951
Here's Electro's powers. They're something similar(only without the brain control and turn into lightning parts):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electro_(Marvel_Comics)#Powers_and_abilities
>>
>>4667916
Hug both of them upon jumping out of the pod.
>>
I hope we learn about mana.
>>
>>4667916
>>4667927
Oh yeah are you familiar with the “big man” political system? It seems pretty common among islanders in the Pacific.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_man_(anthropology)
>>
>>4667967
>11th Primarch:"With a wave of my finger, and a flick of my dick, one zap from me will kill you quick! So get on your knees to suck and blow! But not right now I got to go!"
>"Leman: I hate when he rhymes."
>>
>>4667916
>> Captain Jero gets custody first
lets go sailing
>>
>>4668016
have my (you). nice.
>>
>>4668013
I believe that you should know what you are writing about, so I researched a lot of this stuff before hand. For each different planet, I researched a lot of stuff. This one oddly I did the second most research next to Hershk.
>>4668016
Trolling Leman
is there any primarch that actually did that? I am seriously asking because I have done a lot of reading of 40k lore and I am weak on the wolves.
>>4667948
It depends on how it's wielded. A good welder used for fixing up a tank can turn into the very flamethrower used to destroy it.

Gonna give a little bit more time but it is looking the chief goes first.

>>4667984
Who knows?
>>
>Chief First

"Old man- who are you?" Chief Ravi asks the old hermit as Captain Jero gives a sideways glance.

"You the big man. You'll figure it out. Been a long time since anyone come to my island. Never seen it get hit by this before." The old man says attempting to pull out the child. "He's a biggun. He gonna be big man someday. I can feel the Mana flowin through him."

"Ya. He is. Looks like he'll be big and strong before you know it. Ravi. Your a good friend. You had a daughter. You always wanted a son. Maybe this is something greater. Give and Take. You raise him first like your tribe does. When name day comes, I take him out to the ocean, teach him it's ways then bring him back. Make you proud, and probably make you really rich." Captain Jero says.

"Why you gift this Jero?" Ravi asks.

"You save my life once Ravi. I was not there to save your daughter, but mayhap I can give you this gift to get a son." Jero says.

"You aint sleepin with my wife Jero. I met her first." Ravi says with a semi serious look which Jero answers back with a stern look. The pair laugh.

"I take this deal old man." Ravi Says.

"I do as well." Jero says.

"Good. Now take this big metal thing an this big lad and get offa my island." The old man says walking off.

__

Chief Ravi went home to his wife Tia and explained to her what happened, she only had one question after seeing the boy

"Ravi my love, what do he call him"

> Alika
> Keahilani
> Anewa
> Harata
>>
>>4668149
Forgot that write in is an option
>>
>>4668149
> Alika
>>
>>4668149
> Keahilani
This one rolls off the tongue better for me
>>
>>4668149
>Keahilani
Part of me wants to give him the name of one of the Bionicles, but that would be silly.
>>
>>4668149
Huh. I'm not used to seeing names like these in fiction but if have to pick one:
> Alika
>>4668152
Don't really know pacific tribes names and suddenly I'm dreading the time we find some Hawaiian-like names. They really have some of the longest words in any language.
>>
>>4668149
Harata. it has POWER
>>
>>4668149
>>write in
Kolinaisi
it's a Polynesian name meaning 'storm' and we came down through a hurricane
>>
>>4668165
Okay switching to support this
>>
>>4668165
I'll switch my vote, it sounds nicer.
>>
Names so far have either been Hawaiian, Polynesian, or Maori so far.
>>
File: sleeping-kiwi[1].jpg (31 KB, 500x479)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>4668149
I'm voting Kai. I think that means ocean in Hawaiian.
>>
>>4668165
Cool. I’ll support this.
>>
>>4668165
>Kolinaisi Harata
>>
>>4668185
One name for now. More later.
>>
>>4668149
>write in
>Tupuhi
>>
>>4668165
Support.
>>
>>4668149
Harata
>>
>>4668165
Support
>>
Quick Tally
> Kolinaisi
> Keahilani
> Alika
> Harata
>Tupuhi
1 (sorry dude, I thought it sounded cool.)
> Kai
1 (It means other things too.)

6 out of 13 total. Maybe when second name day comes we will put some of these options back in the hat.
---

"I know a good name. I am gonna call him Kolinaisi"

"Like the storm he rode in on. Great." Tia says with an eye roll and a chuckle. "He's gonna be a trouble maker just like you Ravi." She calls out as Ravi strides to the edge of the tent, the storm wearing down.

"Don't forget you married this troublemaker!" Ravi says back

"Don't remind me!" She says coming up and putting her arms around his back.

-----

"One of the most absurd thing about the primarchs, was the uniformity in that most of them didn't have a decent upbringing any a few didn't even have parents. Many were used by others. The Eleventh? He was in a loving home, with a loving family and a loving community. But that didn't mean his childhood was any less fierce."
[REDACTED] to remembrancer
-

How does Kolinaisi spend his time in his early childhood before he performs the many rites and tests he needs to be not only a man, but clear heir to the chief.

Pick two- the ones with the most votes will be chosen
> Hunts the monsters that lurk to close to shore
> Caring for the elders, helping the Shaman on the far island and Half Mad Har'ii over on the near island
> Learning from your pod and others, trying to help improve the village how you can
> Swimming to deep depths off the island and seeing what wrecks lie nearby
> Testing the limits of your strength and speed, becoming an athlete
> Helping the men of the village fish and learning from your father the ways of the big man
> Scrapping and salvaging any junk that floats ashore

And Pick two from here for "Fun"
> Surfing
> Fighting
> Hunting
> Boating
> Stargazing
> Reading
> Wood Carving
>>
>>4668420
> Scrapping and salvaging any junk that floats ashore

> Boating
> Surfing

Hear me out lads, Jet surfboard, its even cooler than a jet bike
>>
> Learning from your pod and others, trying to help improve the village how you can
> Helping the men of the village fish and learning from your father the ways of the big man
> Stargazing
> Boating
We shall be the Naval Primarch
>>
>>4668420
>Caring for the elder and shaman.
We are the storm speaker and mystic man!
>Swimming to the deep depths where the monsters lurk.
I see no reason to not kill the monsters near the shore as we intrude on their domain.

>Boating
>Star gazing
>>
>>4668420
>>4668420
>> Swimming to deep depths off the island and seeing what wrecks lie nearby
>> Helping the men of the village fish and learning from your father the ways of the big man
>> Surfing
>> Stargazing
Stargazing will be very important for navigating on the open ocean
>>
>>4668420
>>> Swimming to deep depths off the island and seeing what wrecks lie nearby
>>> Helping the men of the village fish and learning from your father the ways of the big man
>>> Surfing
>>> Stargazing
>>
>>4668420
Possibly hunting the monsters at the same time. We may find some interesting things.
> Fighting
> Hunting
Because I skipped fighting with the previous options. Will we learn how to read if we don't pick reading?
>>
>>4668451
Oh right.
>>4668464
Changing fighting to stargazing.
>>
>>4668464
The Chief would probably get beaten up by Tia if he didn't teach his son how to read.
>>
>>4668420

> Reading
> Wood Carving
>>
>>4668464
>>4668420
Supporting this
>>
>>4668474
I'm asking because I seem to recall certain tribes having only specific members read and write(for example only their shaman), though i could be wrong.
>>
>>4668496
Of course it's more commonplace for reading in this tribe, as it is a bit different. If it was a different tribe, you probably would have been illiterate.
>>
>>4668420
>Hunting
>Stargazing
-
>Hunts the monsters that lurk to close to shore
>Swimming to deep depths off the island and seeing what wrecks lie nearby

Great Hunter of the Depths route!
>>
>>4668420

> Boating
> Stargazing
>>
>>4668503
Thank you. Then I'm happy with what I chose.
>>
>>4668420

> Reading
> Surfing
>>
>>4668428
So like the Ref Boards from Eureka 7?
>>
>>4668420
> Caring for the elders, helping the Shaman on the far island and Half Mad Har'ii over on the near island
Tribal chief primarch
> Boating
> Wood Carving
Carve out smaller boats
>>
>>4668537
Yes
>>
Here is a ramshackle tally As I am about to head out for my second afternoon walk

Scrap 1
Dive 7
Pod 4
Monsters 3
Fishing 6
Care 2
-
Boat 4
Surf 4
Stargazing 7
Hunting 3
Reading 2
Wood Carving 2

When I get back I shall do a final tally after I am done and write from there. Some of these may be done in tandem with how this looks.
>>
>>4668552
Have a nice walk. So surfing using boats? Primarchs are pretty big aren't they?
>>
>>4668420

>Surfing
>Srargazing
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwN1f0ofbFg
What do you guys think about pet sharks and sea monsters?
>>
>>4668583
Depending on how this Primarch's power works, we might be able to even use it to influence animal behavior, eventually even sea monster behavior. So possibly aquaman?
>>
>>4668607
Hawaiian Aquaman but also Zeus but also in space but also a mad surfer
>>
>>4668607
Literally telepethy. Just develop our psychic abilities in those directions without making consious efforts to notice that we are restricting ourself subconsiously.
>>
>>4668613
All of the above apparently.
>>4668617
Are we restricting ourselves and if so why?
>>
>>4668623
Maybe we are. If so because it's just the only thing we have tried and practiced doing.
>>
So Kolinaisi Grew!

He would spend his days surfing and boating out to help the fishermen and his father, learning the way to be a big man, Helping his community grow through his actions. He was a good and patient fisherman, and he would usually be able to bring in a good haul. But unbeknownst to even him, even a primarch could have trouble catching fish on a bad day. On the shores he would take guidance from his father, and watch how he handled other tribes, and he would often lead from the front. Even when dealing with the occasional pirate.

When he wasn't on the surf or on the water, he could be found diving deep near the island. Wrecks were frequent, so he would occasionally find the jeweled necklace or trinket he would get for his mother or his cousin, who was practically his sister, Arona. These dives would net him treasures and weird items, and the occasional weapons cache he would give to his father, his uncle, or keep for himself and maybe the one time Arona "borrowed" a weapon. These dives and his surfing and boating would make Kolinaisi strong, but lean. It would also keep his humor good, and he would occasionally find the big monster lurking near the shore, he would drag back up for food. With this he would build an interesting necklace made from the teeth of the beasts he slew under water.

At night he would gaze up at the stars with wonder, sometimes going back to the pod he was found in, and learning about the stars he was looking at, as well as the world above. He would be good at stargazing, allowing him to take night voyages out to the other nearby islands, farther than all the boys, and even further than some men. His nightly rambles to look at the sky, and even sometimes surf under them would often, however find him sleeping at odd hours of the day. Though he was known to occasionally be napping, he was very active. And even if napping, he would not be unprepared.

So when the day of his announcement of the rites, the time that is normally supposed to catch a lad by surprise. It didn't. The Haka Troupe, the men of the tribe not including the father and family approached the boy. To challenge him to be a man.

---

You hear them coming from about 500 meters out. This is normally intentional. But they are supposed to be a little bit more quiet when they get closer. You can tell that they are trying to be their sneakiest.

That's part of the goal. Part of the fun. The rites are serious, and the Haka, is important. You cannot move. You cannot shake. Once it is performed you must be dead still. Only then can you respond. Then you either answer the challenge, or rarely, challenge back. Though the challenge back is harder. It means you compete against others and you must win. To challenge back and succeed first go round is to be next in line for chief. Next big man.

---
>>
>>4668714
You must pick one Kolinaisi!

> Pretend to be sleeping until the last minute till right when they get close enough. Then surprise THEM. They'll be singing about that for a few years.
> Lazily get up and do some stretches. This should be fun.
> Get up, walk towards them, sing something some shanty along the way
> Sit perfectly silent on your rock staring at them until they get there. Then stand right up, cross your arms and smugly, grin.
> Write in
>>
>>4668716
>> Pretend to be sleeping until the last minute till right when they get close enough. Then surprise THEM. They'll be singing about that for a few years.
>>
>>4668716
> Write in
>challenge back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI851yJUQQw
>>
>>4668721
So
You want to challenge them, before they even get there? Not even give them a chance- that's a respectable move, but you need to give me a Haka for that.
>>
File: 436hw54yb.jpg (131 KB, 300x241)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>4668724
Oh no, I mean wait for them to finish, then do a haka in turn.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiKFYTFJ_kw
>>
>>4668726
Ah okay. That was going to be an option after the performance. However, if yall want to get that out of the way now you can.

Or

If everyone is feeling bold, you can challenge outright if you guys vote on it of course.
>>
>>4668716
> Sit perfectly silent on your rock staring at them until they get there. Then stand right up, cross your arms and smugly, grin.
Smug is the way.
>>
>>4668716
> Pretend to be sleeping until the last minute till right when they get close enough. Then surprise THEM. They'll be singing about that for a few years.
>>
>>4668716
then
>>
>>4668716
>Pretend to be asleep until the last minute.

WE SHALL CHALLENGE THEM BACK!
>>

And I think I found our Primarch's voice
https://youtu.be/oAqxJmHHy84
Just a bit deeper, and when he gets angry you could swear thunder was distantly rolling from his chest
>>
>>4668716
>> Lazily get up and do some stretches. This should be fun.
Are we not the most chill of ours brothers?
>>
>>4668753
support. rest in peace Israel.
>>
>>4668734
Support
>>
>>4668760
Even the most chill, must sometimes flex, though it looks like that may be the result.

> Pretend to sleep 4
> Smug 4
> Chill 1

It's a tie for now. I will let it go a little longer, then write up.

And so far it seems we do want to challenge afterwards.
>>
>>4668753
Oh man, that guy was good. It will be canon in my heart no matter what.
>>
>>4668716
>>
Pretend to sleep 5
Smug 4
I think I can write this half way.
---

You patiently wait, pretending to sleep. Snoring, but not loudly and obnoxiously. You hear them approaching and through a just a small part in your long hair your able to gaze upon them as they approach. The group is large. They look excited. You do understand a bit. You are the chiefs son. So it would be important. Your uncle probably also decided to have some special for you, to make it more fun. They close a bit, they look relaxed about twenty meters. You stop snoring. You smile.

You flip up to your feet causing a few of them to back off scaring Tiny Aata and Slim Rongo. Your Uncle shakes his head as you cross your arms and smile smug and stand calmly. They get into ranks and raise their clubs and axes. Your uncle his favorite saber. The one you got him from the wreck a little while back.

They shout to you to be ready and they say to be strong in voice as a choir of the dread whales in their hunt song.

They come close, bringing their clubs and axes close trying to get you to move, trying to scare you.

You move not. You stay cool and calm as the ocean breeze.

They stamp their feet, telling you the road will be long and painful such is life for a man.

They bring the axes down next to you, you can smell that Slim Rongo ate the fermented pineapple and puff fish for lunch. Again.

You move not. You are as steady as a rock in a storm.

They shout about how men must brave, to face death for it is give and take. Life and death. The clap is like thunder. Their stomps like an earthquake. Their faces trying, begging you to react.

You move not. Your smug smile, your eyes bright, your arms crossed yet unmoved.

They get within inches of your face as they clap one more time near your face, shouting loud and together of what it takes to be a man, what it means to be in the tribe, a warrior and you do not move.

They stop. They step back in file. Everyone is smiling now you wait a beat. They all then shout again and clap, before returning to a relaxed pose. Now is the time of the challenge, if you so choose. And in your heart you chose. You chose a long time ago that this is what you would do.

---
Tell me the nature of your challenge Eleventh Primarch Kolinaisi. Pick the nature of your Haka! Pick just one.

> A powerful Haka shaking the earth, "Send me the best you got!"
> A violent and sudden Haka fast as the wind "Tell the chief your going to need more men!"
> A frightening and loud Haka like thunder "Let every island know so they may witness!"
> A stoic but moving Haka steady as the ocean tide "I accept this haka and choose the rite to challenge!"
> Write in. Tell me the tone of it and the crux of the challenge. Give me a story to tell and a picture to paint.

I need to get some rest, I will tally this tomorrow.
>>
> A frightening and loud Haka like thunder "Let every island know so they may witness!"
>>
>>4669044
>>
>>4669044
>> Write in. Tell me the tone of it and the crux of the challenge. Give me a story to tell and a picture to paint.
Open with a thunderous clap then chant quiet, stamp and shake the ground but keep our voice calm. Opening slow and building, building before finishing once again quiet.
"I rise to your challenge and beyond it because my story has only just begun"
>>
>>4669059
>Open with a thunderous clap then chant quiet, stamp and shake the ground but keep our voice calm. Opening slow and building, building before finishing once again quiet.
>"I rise to your challenge and beyond it because my story has only just begun"
I'm really tempted t ochange my post >>4669054 to this one
>>
>>4669044
>> A frightening and loud Haka like thunder "Let every island know so they may witness!"
>>
>>4669044
> A stoic but moving Haka steady as the ocean tide "I accept this haka and choose the rite to challenge!"
>>
>>4669044
>>
>>4669044
>Let ever island know so they may witness.
>>
>>4669063
Support
>>
>>4669044
> A violent and sudden Haka fast as the wind "Tell the chief your going to need more men!"
Be like the storm.
>>
Good Morning /qst/ and ones again thank you for joining me for this tale.

>"Let Every Island Know" 4
> >>4669059 Beautiful write in btw I may have to incorporate it anyway 1
> "I Accept this haka and choose the rite"2
> "Tell the chief you need more men" 1

9 votes, none at over half. hmmm.

I am going to give it a bit more time. I have much to do this morning, so it may give more time for more development.
>>
>>4669438
That's fine
>>
>>4669438

Im an idiot. 8 votes. I should drink my coffee before doing maths. Still not quite to over half yet. I will give more time still, and see what happens then I shall tally the votes and write.
>>
Weapon Ides
>Generic MC Heavy Bolter and Power Sword in case his normal preferred weapons aren't good for the situation (Enclosed spaces etc.)
>MC Spear, he can empower it with his lightning when throwing it turning it into a Thunderbolt (D-Strength 5+ blas marker)
> Fish Hook shaped power/force axe
>>
>>4669063
Support
>>
>>4669487
https://www.armymuseum.co.nz/maori-weapons/
How do you feel about these?
>>
>>4669487
How about a power club?
>>
>>4669495
I can see the Taiaha having the most potential, if only as symbols of authority for say Legion Captains, Chief Apothecary etc.

Maybe we could hand craft one for each of our brothers and the Emperor later? They don't have to use it but they'd understand the symbolism of their position
>>
>>4669533
>>4669487
>>4669495
All very interesting. I think the gifting of a Taiaha seems very thematic. It is still early in our primarchs development.

-----

You have been trained as a fisher, a warrior, a big man. You know there is just a small time you can challenge. Nobody you are aware of in your age range, or you think size range, you are not that old has done this.
--

You clap your hands together as loud and hard as you can. It stings, but the loud clap could be mistaken for an explosion or thunder. You step into a bold, robust stance as you bring your foot to the earth with a mighty stomp that shakes the ground around you. They gather together, arms over shoulders, gathering up as a line.

The men, even your uncle, their eyes grow wide before you even open your mouth.

When you do open your mouth out comes the thunder of your voice

"Let every island know! Let every Island know! " You chant loudly clapping then outstretching your arms showing your hand club and your fishing knife

"Let them come and see! Let them come and see!" You say intentionally dropping your weapons making a show of it . You flex your muscles and show your hard earned strength. You make a fierce and frightening face.

"Bring all the chiefs! Bring all the chiefs!" You clap once again then stomp quickly in a dramatic show

"Let them know I choose to challenge!" You are incredibly loud now, your voice having growing louder and stronger each time like a mighty storm.

"Let them come! Let them see! I rise to this challenge and beyond! My story here has only begun!" you let out like a mighty roar and you stamp your foot a last time you look up directly at them and put your arms together. Your Haka complete. You pretend that you didn't pay attention to the fact a few of the men flinched. You nod. The men of the tribe gather nod completing the ceremony. There is a serious moment. Then it is all smiles once again. The men coming up led by your uncle to give you a pat on the back

"This is my Nephew! He's gonna be the big man someday!" Your uncle says. Your uncle, still a little bit taller than you is considered probably the best fighter on the island.

"Go get your things. Your challenge will be eagerly accepted by the chief. You may want to talk to a few friends first, maybe ask for some advice. Know Your dad is gonna throw his best men at it, which is deserved. He wants a good challenge for you." Your uncle says hugging you but whispering close.

"I wouldn't expect anything less." You say with a nod ending the embrace. He then smiles as the men give some smiles and disperse. The pair of you start to head back to the village

----
Pick two.

>Uncle how do the rites work as the challenge, I just have to do better than each person against me right?
> Uncle who would you go talk to if you were me?
> Uncle was the Haka good? Anyone flinch?
> Tell me the sleeping trick was at least funny.
> Any news from the village?
> Write in
>>
Also heads-up, I will be going to work soon, and be there for a while. I will keep tabs on my phone, but I don't think I will be able to respond on it.

I am really happy with the interest, and I hope the Haka was ok.
>>
>>4669559
>Uncle how do the rites work as the challenge, I just have to do better than each person against me right?
>>
>>4669559
>>
>>4669568
Dis
>>
>>4669568
Support.
>>
>>4669559
> Any news from the village?
>>
>>4669559
>>Uncle how do the rites work as the challenge, I just have to do better than each person against me right?
>> Uncle was the Haka good? Anyone flinch?
>>
Good evening!

I apologize for the long time between posts. Work is new and exciting for me as life is interesting right now but enough personal.
--
6 out of 6 for Asking Uncle the rites
4 for the sleeping trick.
--

"Tell me the sleeping trick was at least funny Uncle." You say. Your uncle lets out a mighty laugh.

"I swear Rongo almost fell over. It was good, I haven't seen that kind of cleverness in a while. I myself pretended they were catching me while fishing off the coast . The look on your fathers face when I just turned around and flung the fish was a classic too" he says putting his arm around your shoulder Your uncle, is not too much older than you, and definetly not that much older than you physically. Looking at the "pod" you were given you have been aging faster then most people should. Your Uncle, is tall and powerful, young and a mighty warrior. Still a bit taller than you and still a little stronger than you.

"What happens now that I have challenged? Are the rites different." You ask.

"Your kill has to feed the village and then some. Many people gonna come now. Normally it's just all your family, but you trying to be big man. So you need a big kill or a lot of small kills." He says as the two of you take a detour to look out on the nearby islands as ships are diverting all over.

"Which is gonna be complicated because the Big Boy returned. So unless you can deal with the big boy, which nobody alive can remember the last to hurt em, much less kill one you gonna be stuck with gathering food on the other side of the islands."

"Murder birds, Shoal stoats and Gator" You say and he nods.

"Then there is the fight. You probably fightin me for ten minutes or blood to chest. I Aint gonna go easy on you. Normally it's just five or to knock over, but first blood to chest aint so pretty. Give you a big scar. You can't trust a man who never fight, you can't have a big man without a scar. " He says. You aren't surprised by this, but you are not thrilled either. Your uncle is a better fighter than your father, and probably the best warrior of the surrounding islands.

"Then the walk. You aint just walkin on coals like the other kids. Thats easy. They gonna poke you with the hot spears. No talkin, no screaming no wincing. Gonna make those cool scars your father has" He says and you nod.

"Then you get your tattoos. You succeed you get your Big Man Tattoos. Like your father. Your shoulders gonna have a tattoo of your kill too on one side like normal. Otherside gonna be whatever the shaman see. Hope he aint drunk. Then you get your belts. " Your Uncle says and then as he is about to open his mouth

"No shouting no wincing no laughing." together you both say and he smiles and rubs you on the head.

"Then you get to name yourself. The next time you do it is if you have a kid, when you officially become big man, or kill an enemy warrior or a great beast with your bare fists."
>>
>>4670245
"And if I kill one before the night is over for the meal?" You ask.

"You just trying to collect names like shells?" He laughs.

"It's an honest question!" You say back play punching and he taps back.

"Ya you bring it in, you name yourself twice in a night I guess. Never heard of it happening but sure." He says. You nod.

You make a noise.

"Go to your hut, get your things an hurry up. I may ask a few things, get a bit of wisdom. Don't be dumb. I gotta kick your ass later." He says.

"Ha. You wish." You say as he runs off.

You have till supper time to get enough meat for a feast for not only the village, but guests. It's still morning so you have some time to pick up some tools from your hut, or scout a location for the hunt.

--
Pick two

> Go talk to your dad as about a good plan for the hunt and what he did maybe see how many people are coming.
> Go talk to the hermit on the far island, see what he is up to.
> Go see your mom.
> Go to the top of big hill, see what food source you can see.
> Go to the near island, maybe Half Mad Har'ii has dealt with the Big Boy before
> Get some Bait from the nearby pools
> Go do a deep dive nearby and see if you can spot signs of a big shark or predator nearby
> Write in
>>
>>4670275
>> Go do a deep dive nearby and see if you can spot signs of a big shark or predator nearby
>> Write in
Go drift upon the sea conserving strength by floating, in our hands a spear and the other a short blade, for we shall be the bait and appear as death. When the predator comes we shall slay it! Should smaller ones come we kill them and the bog one shall be drawn to blood.
>>
>>4670275
>> Go see your mom.
>> Go do a deep dive nearby and see if you can spot signs of a big shark or predator nearby
>>
>>4670275
> Go talk to your dad as about a good plan for the hunt and what he did maybe see how many people are coming.
> Go to the top of big hill, see what food source you can see.
How big is Big Boy?
>>
>>4670303
It's not that easy, only a few ways to find out. But he's a big boy. A bit chonky for sure.
>>
>>4670310
I just thought it was common knowledge thats why i asked. If we need to ask someone to learn about Big Boy, ask dad.
>>
>>4670324
I don't mind elaboration and it's a fair point. Here you go.
--

You know the big boy from what others say. He's like a boogey man almost. You are too young to have seen him. He doesn't come around often but when he does, island activity practically stops. Islanders would only use the shoals and the most sturdy boats to travel to another island. No surfing. No swimming. When big boy is around going in the water is almost certain death.

This is what you would know.
>>
>>4670275
> Go to the near island, maybe Half Mad Har'ii has dealt with the Big Boy before
> Go talk to the hermit on the far island, see what he is up to.
>>
Since tomorrow is going to be quite the day, and this is quite the decision, I am going to let this vote go a bit longer.
>>
>>4670294
Supporting this
>>
>>4670275
> Write in
Lets tame a giant sea monster
>>
>>4670389
>Kill male giant squad
>Spare female one and its clutch to be pets
>>
>>4670390
>giant squid
>not giant mythical vortex sucking beast with hundreds or tentacle heads.
>>
>>4670275
> Go see your mom.
>>
>>4670275
>> Go see your mom.
>>
>>4670329
Thank you. While we might consider facing him, i don't believe now is probably the right time. How much time has passed since arrival in this planet? While Primarchs are superhuman and can deal with regular humans easily, some are not made to be that powerful in combat as others i think.
>>
File: 1508877085151.jpg (2.66 MB, 1969x1392)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB JPG
>>4670624
Judging by canonical Primarch growth raes, I'd say around Ten by now
>>
I am going to do a finally tally at about 1720CST tonight, but it looks like we are closing in on a decision.

>>4670702
You are a little off. He's seven.
>>
>>4670589
Supporting
>>
>>4670872
Not too far off though.

And I can't wait for us to show off to our sons with all our hunting trophies
>>
File: 1514706308537.jpg (82 KB, 975x705)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>4670872
So physically he'd be around his teens I wager?
>>
>>4670889
>not family pet
>>
File: 1EI0BPG.jpg (376 KB, 1000x531)
376 KB
376 KB JPG
>>4671130
Kinda hard to bring Sea Monsters along for galactic conquest anon.
>>
Sorry about being late. Traffic.

> Go see your mom III
> Deep Dive nearby IIII
> Write in II
> Sea Monster pet II

Well this is going to be interesting to write. But okay. New information is fine.
>>
--
Tales of the Eleventh Primarch, as by his brothers
" One time he asked if I wished to go fishing with him. If I would have known what the bait was for the 'fishing excursion' on this planet I would have packed appropriately."
---

You have an idea. You take your knife and make a quick pile. You hop off the nearby shelf and try to spot any predators that would make for a quick kill that could feed a village, ideally a yum shark or some big fish. You have been doing this since you were smaller, helping feed the village when the fishing was rough or when thing were bad and they needed to be something to be happy about.

As you dive down to near the edge of the shelf, very deep, it seems a bit more barren. You only see sword sharks, and they seem a bit more on edge. You swim around the edge and you see that many of the predators are hiding. Including ol' cranky, a slightly larger than normal poison octopus that you have taught to help you hunt. Ol' cranky is normally pretty brave, and he comes out to follow you briefly before retreating. You give him a look. Maybe the other shore side. As you get up to the surface after a little more investigating, you see Ol' Cranky follow you up.

"Oh so not so cowardly now are ya." You say to the octopus that changes colors.

"Fine." You pick up a nearby tree crab and toss it to the beast who quickly and efficiently takes it.

You follow along the beach and you notice no shoals of fish on this half of the island. Nothing. You follow it long enough to your Mom's normal place where she mends the nets and boats.

"Eh Momma." You say coming up as you give her a hug and kiss she smiles.

"You have time to visit you Momma on a day you declare a challenge. You are either the best son a mother can have or the worst." She says.

"Which is it." You say with a nod and a smile.

"I haven't figured it out yet silly. I guess you wondering while all the fish gone. Big Boy scare em off. Last time he was here that's what happen."

"You see him do that?" You ask her, curious about what beast could scare off sharks.

"He almost kill me. Almost Killed Your Auntie too. Had to drag her out of the water." She says looking a little scared, as if she still recalls it.

"What is he?" You ask

"Most people think he a shark. That's because they haven't seen him. They just see what he do. He's like a big Zap Eel. Really big. Longer than most sharks. He got a head like the snake shark though, not like an eel. And his teeth are nasty. Got so many of them." Your Mother says.

"Zap Eel huh? They never bother me. Never saw why there a big deal." You say.

"That's because you special! You are seven years old and you are taller than your momma. You come out of a metal comet during a hurricane! You stay under the water for hours not minutes and you bring in yum shark. We didn't used to call them Yum shark you know" She says hitting you on your forehead.
>>
>>4671197
I love the fact most everyone here speaks in broken gothic.
>>
"Yeah you used to call them bane sharks cause they would take all your food and when they came in you couldn't get rid of them." You say and your mother hits you again. With her sandal.

"Don't be making it out like its something easy! Those sharks are why you don't get to see your aunty because she starved! We always have food now. Fishing aint good? I'll just ask my boy to go get a murder bird and we have meat for a few weeks! You know it's a good thing you actually showed your uncle that hunting trick for them, cause now most the men know how to stalk them. We thinking about raising them now, so that way we have meat and eggs huh." She says and you nod.

"You got a plan for what for you doin for dinner tonight? Three other chiefs comin, other people from the other islands comin. Even Jera is coming." She says.

"Yeah. Ma. I think I have a plan." You say as you now grin.

---
Choose One

> Go take your spear and be the bait for big boy. When it tries to shock you, you shock it- with the fact that you cannot be shocked. Shocking.

> Go out the farthest shoal, try to find out the best bait for maybe something bigger than Big Boy as all the predators may have moved out that far.

> Go get a murder bird and use it as bait, they usually can bring in anything once they get out in the water.

> Write in
>>
>>4671211
>> Go take your spear and be the bait for big boy. When it tries to shock you, you shock it- with the fact that you cannot be shocked. Shocking.
>>
>>4671211
>Be the bait

Oh, you want a shocking match? WE ARE THE LIGHTNING SHOW!
>>
>>4671211
> Go take your spear and be the bait for big boy. When it tries to shock you, you shock it- with the fact that you cannot be shocked. Shocking.
> Ride Big Boy and use him to catch other big prey, like whales.
>>
>>4671211
But find something else for a bait. While we are immune to electric shocks we aren't immune to huge teeth. When he's distracted by the bait attack him with possible extra surprise due to our immunity. Also we can't produce electricity right? We are just immune to it(at least for now).
>>
>>4671211
Thunder and Lightning
>>
File: Bamboozed Eel.png (15 KB, 540x431)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>Shock Eel: *Pic related*
>>
>>4671211
Why do I hear Tito all the time with this quest?
>>
>>4671216
Support
>>
>>4671272
>https://rocketpower.fandom.com/wiki/Ancient_Hawaiians_Quotes
It is now canon Kolinaisi will hand out 'Ancient De’lormosan Wisdom'
>>
>issue #11 of Sororitas Magazine
>11th Legion space marines dancing in palm leave skirts
>big sweaty tan colored men surfing and turfing
>tattoos and body scars for days
>can cook as well as they can fight
Imagine
>>
>>4671715
I am no drawfriend. Find someone else to do it lol.

>> Be the bait Unanimous
> Avoid teeth.
Noted and will proceed.

"Kolinaisi you better not be planning to do something really stupid." Your momma says as you are about to run off.

"No Momma, just something no-ones done." You say giving her a peck on the cheek and the running down to the beach. You run down a few are also heading to the beach, you get a few smiles here and there on your way down.

There is a small group of villagers, including the men who did the haka. You swim out of the shallows and into the deep. Everyone watches.

You wade and float for a few minutes, not really that long then you notice it.

You feel Big Boy before you see him. The electricity. The shock. It does nothing to you but you still sense it.

Then you see him: Big Boy. The longest Eel you have ever seen, with the face of an angry drake shark. It's eyes see you and it comes towards you expecting you to be shocked.

As it comes up to pull you down you twist and with a sudden move you hit him with the spear, causing the lumbering beast to swim to the side, trying to make another move at you. He violently swipes his tail at you, but you are once again unaffected by this. The beast, sensing something is a miss tries to make a rapid escape but you grab him by the tail. This offends the beast and turns around to strike again

Pick two on how to handle the Big Boy

>> Taunt the beast. Cut its tail then swim deeper and try to stab the spear through and drag him to the shoal.

>> Try to brain him by pulling him to you, when you get to the head you strike at his brain killing him instantly

>> Try to cut his head of when he comes in to strike you.

>> See if you can manipulate the electricity going through you from the Big Boy. You sense it, maybe you can redirect it it a different way (Write in how)

>> When he comes in use a rock and place it in his jaw so he can't cut you

>> Write in
>>
>>4671715
I can see the 11th holding on to copies of Grav vehicles as much as they could, simply because I can see them loving them so much

>> When he comes in use a rock and place it in his jaw so he can't cut you
>> Taunt the beast. Cut its tail then swim deeper and try to stab the spear through and drag him to the shoal.
>>
Idea
>Kolinaisi unites De’lormosa and begins to seek conquering/unifying the rest of the system, and the rest of the planets, stations etc. are very scared and worried about this seemingly immortal unstoppable conqueror
>Because they're in space, they get word of the Imperium so they get in contact to get aid/support in putting dwn this would be Warlord
>The aid sent? A detachment from the 11th Legion
>This leads to Kolinaisi fighting his won sons after some disasterous battles, culminating in a Primarch-Marines Newtype Flash as they realize who the other is
>The Marines and Kolinaisi are horrified by what has occured. The Marines for attacking not only their father but killing many of his people. And Kolinaisi for the same.
>This leads to the detachment joining up with Kolinaisi and renaging on thier deal with the rest of the De’lormosa system and helping him conquer it
>Kolinaisi then etches a great monument by hand of all the Imperial Marines, Men and Women he killed in battle before/after he Imperials help rebuild the system while the Emperor comes to De’lormosa
>>
>>4671926
>> Try to cut his head of when he comes in to strike you.
>>
>>4671926
Come on guys, don't pass up this chance to develop our electrical powers.

>Manipulate the energy going through big boy, Forcing all of it into his head and into his brain then keeping it there until his grey matter melts.
>>
>>4671952
Seems good, I will change the head cutting part of my vote with this.
>>
>>4671932
Changing to
> Taunt the beast. Cut its tail then swim deeper and try to stab the spear through and drag him to the shoal.
>Manipulate the energy going through big boy, Forcing all of it into his head and into his brain then keeping it there until his grey matter melts.
Because >>4671952 is right
>>
>>4671926
>>> Write in
Thrash and draw him in then respond depending on his action
1) If he lashes his tail grab it and force the power from the tail end all the way up to his head poping it!
2) If he goes for the bite wait for the jaws to upon then with our knife shift to the side and slit from his mouth all down his body carried by his own momentum!

Then drag the lug to shore
>>
>>4671926
I would say:
>> See if you can manipulate the electricity going through you from the Big Boy. You sense it, maybe you can redirect it it a different way (Write in how)
by making a flash to blind him then:
>> Try to brain him by lunging at him, when you get to the head you strike at his brain killing him instantly
>>
>no giant sea monster pet
>sad
>>
>>4672176
There plenty more in the sea Anon... literally.
>>
after reading on primarch biology, hawaiian/ pacific fauna, how electricity interacts with water in certain condition and on the mantis shrimp

I may have made an interesting discovery.

Off to round two of my double, I will tally and write later tonight and keep an eye on this at work.

also support II primarch quest if you dont already.
>>
>>4671926
>>> Try to brain him by pulling him to you, when you get to the head you strike at his brain killing him instantly
>>> Try to cut his head of when he comes in to strike you.
>>
>>4672192
>also support II primarch quest if you dont already.
Don't worry about that

Another area of inspiration for our homeworld I thought of is FFX
>>
>>4672232
at least there's no Yevondamned Al Bhed lurking about
>>
>>4672311
Hey Waka good to see you again brudda.
>>
>>4672339
better dead than Al Bhed, brudda
>>
>>4672344
You dropped this brudda *Hands you a copy of Mein Kampf*

https://youtu.be/QExghSNXwJ4
>>
>>4671939
Does anyone else have any thoughts on my idea or is it too out there? I rather like the train of thought I had for it with an implication the Marines would later become the Star Sharks
>>
>> Try to brain him 2
>> Cut off Head 2
>> Harness Electric 4
>> Put a rock in a jaw 2
>> Taunt the Beast 3

I am sorry for not being as activity today I had to pull a double. I am going to do a final tally tomorrow unless more write ins

>>4673266
I liked what you wrote a lot anon.
>>
>>4673266
To me it seems early to begin discussing names for the Legion and it kind of takes for granted that the Emperor will not know that his son is in this planet nor that He will be near here. Can happen but how many Primarchs were in a similar position?
>>
>>4673275
Thanks Have a bit more

>"It is a father's duty to not simply punish his children's wrongdoings, but to teach them to learn from their mistakes. Simply exiling these sons of mine on a penitent crusade or even executing them for their over eagerness is not the correct path! For far too long have they been cast adrift in the ocean of blood with only brief respites and fleeting lights to guide them. Without the guiding hand and love of a father, how else could one expect them to be upstanding men and warriors. No, I will not cast them away! They will be mine to command and to teach, so that one day they can be an example to all humanity to follow!"
>>
>>4673285
It's not the Legion name but rather the detachment of Marines that came to the De’lormosa system. I imagined them as the problem children of the XIth legion and are kept away from the rest as a Terror, Shock Troop etc. Chapter group.
>>
>>4673266
How about instead Kolinaisi begins uniting the system and his enemies pull out archeotech that was kept hidden and use it against him out of desperation, the war swings in their favor and at a critical moment the XI Legion and the Emperor appear? Kind of like what happened with Angron only with a good(?) ending.
>>
>>4673303
Not a bad idea, but I think I've done enough of my own fanfiction of old man's work.

The ideas keep coming to me
>>
>>4673296
Ah. Well it's an interesting idea, I just don't know how likely it is to happen. It is tragic enough to be a Warhammer story however.
>>
>>4673308
Just write what ideas you have. I am not a writer myself but you should exercise your imagination anyway and as long as other people don't mind, try writing what you came up with. Even if it will not be used, it might give ideas to others.
>>
>>4673309
It being Tragic was the intention, in most Primarchs meeting the Imperials it is always the Emperor who meets them with Alpharius the only one I'm unsure about.

Here, Kolinaisi meets his sons first in the worst possible way
>>
>>4673317
So you also tried to make it a unique meeting right? Hmm, in that case we might have our future enemies use some kind of biological weapon against Kolinaisi's armies. While he might be immune, his people's plight will add both a tragedy and a feeling of anxiety to finish the war quickly and find the antidote in the mix.
>>
>>4673334
Unless we go with him to the capital too. Start the try to not get executed and maybe get a pardon act.
>>
Good Morning!
I enjoy the theory craft, but let's get back down to business.

>>No clear consensus other than electrical use

I can fix it.
----

The beast is massive, and underwater it's very agile, and you see that it's teeth pose a very real threat to you. You grab a nearby rock and shove it in his mouth as you try to feel the electrical currents and how to mannipulate them. Seeing as you have only done the party trick before with the zap eel and the strange items that Half Mad Haarii makes. You grab on to Big Boy with your hand and you notice that it seems to hunt and act by feel, less than site, despite it's very large eyes.

Then something dawns on you.

You are moving more efficiently. Your moving faster than you would normally. It feels like the electricity is interacting with the water around you, allowing you to move faster, which allows you to easily keep up the pace with the Big Boy, and the big boy knows this.

In desperation it tries wrap you cutting you with it's thresher tail.

You remember the Rainbow Snap Shrimp on the island that eats zap eels.

It's sudden strike changes the water. It punches as fast as it can.

You have never punched that fast before under water, you only use your spear and quick strikes. Actually you don't think you ever have punched anything as fast as you could before, it's hard thing to do to punch as fast as you can.

You feel the electricity moving around your arm, instinctively.

The water around you almost feels like it boils as the water around you is almost different.

Light forms in the deep around you

You strike the Big Boy so fast there is a loud noise.

It's body falls limp, it was a worthy foe. You smile, despite the foul smell that the body has produced having died.. This food should be enough for about everyone, maybe with something else. Hopefully the foul smell doesn't ruin the flavor. As you pull it up you see predators start to come out of their caves and small game fish become more active.

Then you step out of the water and realize that aside from the small crowd gathered, this beast is heavy! Now you know why he's called Big Boy.

The men who gathered for your haka are starting to cheer. Your father smiles "That's my son!" He calls out.

Slim Rongo approaches, the best in the village as far as cooking is concern to help you with it, as other men do to.

"How you kill it?" Rongo ask.

"My bare fist, in one quick strike." You say and Rongo whistles low

"Eh Big Man! Your son killed Big Boy with his fist! It looks like he get two names today!"

"How does that work?" You ask

"Oh it's really easy, You get a hero name. Like Your dad. Or your Uncle." Rongo says.

"That easy? I just pick a name?"

"Yeah, you just killed Big Boy. You kill yourself a sea monster like that you can call yourself whatever you want. Just don't do something stupid, because nobody calls people by stupid flashy names and they start making up nick names."
>>
>>4673821
--
"Rongo that sounds like personal experience." You say as the two of you finally haul all of Big Boy out of the water in it's entirety.

"Yeah. Everyone say Slim Rongo because it's easier than the name I gave myself. Keep that in mind when you naming yourself before dinner. Speaking of dinner, I am cooking this Big Boy. It looks like it can feed everyone, but I don't know how I am gonna dress it up to taste good, I think I am gonna smoke it and get some garnish for it. Part of the naming is"

"Of course Lulu ʻole Rongo, I gotta get more food. What would go good with Big Boy?" You say using his proper honorific for what he killed, and he smiles and pats you on the back.

"I don't know. Personally I'd get some yum shark."

"You always want yum shark."

"Well it isn't my fault they taste so good, some kid decided to go get one of the mad beasts and smoke it."

"Actually it is your fault because you were the first to eat it." You say and Rongo laughs and your father comes up.

"So you collect two names on your name day. I am so proud." Your father says

"Thank you Da." You say and he gives you a hug as he looks proudly.

"So you get your name for this now if you want. No rush because you got so much to do." Your dad says.

"Rongo here says the Big Boy may not be enough."

"It would have been enough had Jera not send a bird back and tell me a whole crewed ship was comin son." Your dad says holding a note.

"I guess I better go getting more food." You say, but before you run off.

"Getting food is easy for you. Go get your weapon first for your fight when you bring it in, then fight your uncle." Your father says looking over the horizon.

"Something wrong dad?"

"Storm. I can feel it." He says. You nod as he and Rongo start debating on how to cook big boy.
>>
>>4673837

Before you walk off, Rongo gives you the jaw of Big Boy, it's teeth large and sharp, with two massive retractable fangs, that may as well have been big knives.

"I don't think these could be on the necklace." You say and Rongo laughs.

"Naw bro feel the teeth. They got metal to em." Rongo says, and you feel the teeth.

Metal. Strange.

"Yeah that is something new. I wonder why he didn't use these on me." You say.

"Probably because there was a big rock in it's mouth." Rongo says holding on to the rock.

It's about noon, you have time, but you cannot be slow.
___
You have a lot to do primarch of the eleventh!

Decide on what food to get

> Dive down deep, see if another big monster is lurking, that should feed a whole ship
> See if you can find a really big Murder Bird.
> Get a Yum Shark, it would be enough to round it out.
> Get a really big gator

Decide what to do for a weapon

> Go to your hut, see what you have that may make a good weapon
> Go talk to Half Mad Haarii, he is always making weapons, and he is good at it.
> Swim out to the Shaman, he had something he was waiting to give to the right person
> These teeth would be a good tip for a spear.
> Go see if you can get a sword from a sword shark, you already fought Big Boy, sword shark will be no trouble and they might taste good, so it could be a good part of your name feast.
>>
>>4673845
>> Dive down deep, see if another big monster is lurking, that should feed a whole ship
>> Swim out to the Shaman, he had something he was waiting to give to the right person
>>
>>4673845
> Dive down deep, see if another big monster is
> Go see if you can get a sword from a sword shark, you already fought Big Boy, sword shark will be no trouble and they might taste good, so it could be a good part of your name feast.
>>
>>4673845
>Deep sea diving
>Shaman has something he wants to give

ELECTRICAL BITCH SMACK GAUNTLETS!
>>
>Deep sea diving
>Shaman has something he wants to give
Super Mantis Shrimp Power Fists!
>>
>>4673845
> Dive down deep, see if another big monster is lurking, that should feed a whole ship
> Swim out to the Shaman, he had something he was waiting to give to the right person
Show him the teeth and ask him about them.
>>
I cannot believe that I forgot to mention this.

You have another decision to make

You have to choose which to do first

Get the Food
or
Get the weapon
>>
>>4674035
Weapon.
>>
>>4674035
Weapon
>>
>>4674035
Weapon
>>
Weapon
>>
>>4674035
Weapon
>>
>>4674035
https://youtu.be/b9kf0tib1kg
https://godofwar.fandom.com/wiki/Nemesis_Whip
Can we turn the metal eel teeth into something like this?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (273 KB, 539x721)
273 KB
273 KB PNG
>>4674122
>>
>>4674131
The teeth arent hooks tho
>>
>>4674131
That could be the design for an Axe like >>4669054
>>
So it is looking like this

> Go to the Shaman
Then
> Go deep Dive
>>
>>4674566
Seems so. Not only will we get a weapon, but some wisdom from the Shaman... despite how 'Mad' he is.
>>
Internet is bad.
Seems Malal and I have more in common than I thought.

You pull out your dug out canoe, it has been getting a bit smaller these days. You feel like your growing right now, if you are being truthful. You'd swim to the far island but this is faster. The pod has helped you learn a bit about different fishing techniques, and boat tool creation, and how to deal with the predators of the deep. What it hasn't told you is how to build all the wonderous contraptions that it shows or are in the wreckage, or how to get the material for it on a planet that is almost all water. For that you go to either Half Mad Haarii who is mostly good for showing what to do with the wreckage or flotsam, or go to the Shaman.

The Shaman is a weird one. He's a little weirder than Half Mad Haarii you think. At least Half Mad is that way due to the chemicals and things he mess with. The Shaman is old and crazy, but his wisdom is useful many of the times. When he isn't talking about how he is an immortal man who came here on a star boat. You know star boats are possible, the pod says so, and your dad says so, lots of star boats drop things on this planet. You just don't think he is an old immortal from a place so far away you cannot even see it's star. People get old and die. That is the way things work. On the otherhand, how do you know the pod is always honest? Sure you came in it, but just because it came with you doesn’t mean its perfect.

You ponder this as you land on the shore of the island.

The shaman is standing and waiting for you, with a coconut filled with what is probably palm wine or other hooch he makes.

“This is an unexpected surprise I didn’t think you’d be here waiting for me!” You say getting out and hopping on sure

“On your name day I had no doubt you’d visit, though you should come more often!”

“If you had that on hand everytime, I’d come more often.”

“Oh this mixture here is special. It’s not my normal brew.” He says

“Oh what is it?” You ask offering a hand a he shakes his hand waving his finger

“It is special. It’s for the spirit journey.” He says.

“What is it supposed to make you see things?” You ask and he laughs.

“No silly. It is just taste really good and gets you drunk quick. You wouldn’t appreciate it.” He says and you shake your head and give a grin.

“So I take it you here about a weapon to fight your uncle with.” He says

“Ya.” You say and he nods.

“Your weapon you take to fight to become a man doesn’t have to be too good. If you want a weapon to beat your uncle with I got something, but it be too much. When you go sailin with Jera, then you take a look at my stash of weapons.” He says.
>>
>>4674883
“What if I want you to make something like a chiefs spear or some swords or an axe? Maybe something I can also fish with?” You ask and he laughs.

“I see what you getting at. Go to the far island, there are black trees, created by the black lava from the dark one. I want you to get two whole trees, bring em back to me.” He says.

“That is a lot of wood, why you need the black trees?”

“They are special, they very important.”

“Why?”

“This island chain, it has no spirits. The ghosts and dead can rest here easy because of that black volcano, and them black trees. This island, that volcano is very important. If outside planet folks figure out whats there, they wouldn’t be dumpin here. They’d strip this planet bare. No ocean, no life, nothing.”

“So what you need two trees for?”

“I only need one. The other is for you so I can help you make what you need when Jera tries to leave quick tomorrow. That we he has to stay later so he can lose a bet.” The shaman says drinking from the coconut.

“Think I can get that done before getting another sea monster and the rest of my rites to be a man?” You ask.

“Kolinaisi! You are more man than half the men on the island and you are seven years old.”

“Yet I have not seen the oceans like almost half the men and women.” You respond.

“That may be, but I think you could do it. And if it’s such a worry to you, I think I spotted a read meanie nearby.” He says

“They rarely get so close, I have to go out far almost to the neighbor chain to get those. What brought him in?” You ask.

“I think Big Boy scared things out deep, so it the Big Meanie closer.” He says.

“Red one?” You ask.

“Ya.” he says back.

You grin. Those are the best eating and the biggest. You have caught them before, you only need the right size blades. Then you realize, the Big Boys teeth may be the right size for the job.
>>
“What about these? Teeth of the Big Boy. They are metal, would they be good for the fight?” You ask

“I can have some daggers made out of them that would look good by the time you get back with that Big Meanie. Don't hunt a Big Meanie with that though, you'd have to get eaten then cut your way out.”

“What’s its real name? You seem to have a ‘real name’ for every beast I kill, what would it’s name be?” You ask.

“Big Boy is an aberrant strand of Electric Eel that probably judging by the teeth was crosbreed with a Moray and some shark that I haven’t seen before. The gene smiths that I came with, specifically tried to make new breeds of underwater creature. Big Meanie just a Colossal Squid.” The Shaman says. You don't know if he is talking out his ass or what he says is true, But you like the sound of the real names better than the local names.

“I like that word.” You say

“Squid?” He asks

“Colossal.” You respond and toss him the teeth. He tosses you a trident that looks made from metal.

“What’s this for?” You ask

“I was waiting to give it to the right person.” He says

“What it’s made out of?” You ask

“Really good metal. If you used your pod right you know by how light it is.” He says to you. You grin and take your canoe out to near where the Big Meanie, or Colossal Squid, was at.

>Dive in after it
>Try to draw it up the water by stirring up smaller squid
> Try to catch a shark, draw it up that way
> Write in
>>
>>4674895
>>Dive in after it
>>
>Try to draw it up the water by stirring up smaller squid
>>
>>4674895
dive
>>
>>4674895
> Try to catch a shark, draw it up that way
>>
>>4674923
changing vote to support this. squids are cute.
>>
Also hope you all are enjoying this. Sorry for the sporadic posts. My work life balance is kind of weird right now.
>>
>>4674948
Sure we are. Otherwise we wouldn't be here. Just take it easy and post when you can.
>>
>>4674948
Really enjoying the quest so far
>>
>>4674948
Don't worry boss. So long as the post comes eventually I am happy
>>
>>4674923
Support
>>
You begin to sing a little song, as many men in the village oft do when fishing.
"Here Squiddy Squiddy Squiddy."
You chum the water and a first only a few tiny squid come, then a few more bigger ones, followed by sharks. It doesn't take long. The waters by the Shaman are rich, and today seems to be a good day for fishing.

Then you see him.

Big Meanie red. The Colossal Squid. Though this one isn't full grown. You seen a full grown Colossal Squid, and you can't just catch it with a trident.

Yet.

This one, oh it's the perfect size.

Enough for food.

Enough for bait.

Enough for Oil.

And definitely enough for a good work out.

You stir the water drawing it closer, waiting, watching doing your singing.

___

>> Wait for it to be near the surface so it's easier to tow. If it sinks to deep it's going to be a pain to bring back up without sharks getting it.

>> Dive in after, rope it after stabbing it then row like a mad man.

>> Try to lure it closer to shore so it's a quick drag and you can borrow the Shamans big boat, that way you don't have to worry about sharks eatin it as bad.

>> Gore a shark, start pulling it towards your island, and draw the Big Meanie back towards shore, that way it's fresh and all you have to do is put it on the beach so Rongo can handle it.
>>
>> Wait for it to be near the surface so it's easier to tow. If it sinks to deep it's going to be a pain to bring back up without sharks getting it.
>>
>>4675501
>> Try to lure it closer to shore so it's a quick drag and you can borrow the Shamans big boat, that way you don't have to worry about sharks eatin it as bad.
>>
>>4675501
>> Gore a shark, start pulling it towards your island, and draw the Big Meanie back towards shore, that way it's fresh and all you have to do is put it on the beach so Rongo can handle it.
Then either:
or
Depending on how far we made it follow us.
>>
>>4675501
Pet the squid
>>
>>4675501
>>> Dive in after, rope it after stabbing it then row like a mad man.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%C4%81_moko

Originally I thought it would be hard for Kolinaisi to have tattoos but then I remember Lorgar had golden script on his face so it's obviously possible.
>>
Not enough votes at the moment, and it doesn't look like consensus.
>>4675769
Yeah, 40k lorgar was my excuse. Though he isn't my favorite primarch. I don't think he really is the favorite of many if any.

>>4675639
I mean cuttlefish are cuddly but I don't think that this is the right sea monster pet for you guys. It isn't even able to go on land.

I know there are a lot of different time zone posters on here so I may be waiting a while for different decisions.
>>
>>4675501

>>
> Gore a shark and try to row towards your island

You feel the best thing you can do is draw the Big Meanie closer to the island so it won't be eaten by other creatures. They taste good, and once they are dead they can't defend themselves so they get swarmed by everything. Even other Big Meanies.

You do this by getting a thing a Big Meanie will eat: Ankle Shark.

You dislike the Ankle Biters as they try to attack as your friends surf.

And the good part is, when an Ankle Biter dies, it scares off other sharks, but it will attract the big meanie.

So you row closer to the island. The Shaman tosses two daggers made from the teeth in a leather bag into the boat.

"That was fast!" You say and wave

"You bein slow!" He says

"I am not, I am just getting the Colossal Squid closer to my island so it's fresher so you have a nicer meal when you come!" You respond loudly.

"Oh don't do all this on my account young man!" He shouts back and you laugh. You got a few Ankle Biters following your boat and finally you spot a big one, halfway to your island.

You gore it quickly, and try to chum up more meanies.

Just one problem

It worked really good.

The Big Meanie grabs the shark and your boat.

The tentacles are almost sinking your canoe, it's practically swamped. The Big Meanie can't tell the difference between boat and shark because of the blood. This means one thing.

Big Meanie is really hungry.

You naturally, being a good host and a big man, oblige a hungry guest and feed him.

You leap out of the boat and into the water right near the mouth to help give him some food

Namely your trident.

Problem is Big Meanie threshes and thrashes like a small child

So you can't feed him your trident

You hit him between the eyes in the brain instead because of all this motion. You decide he has had to much to eat of the shark and rope him to your boat and take him to a place to rest.

As You row to shore you see ripples in the water that disappear near the shoals.

"That will do ya!" Rongo says.
>>
>>4676845

"Good!" You say, you realizing that you have very limited time. The Black Volcano is a hard row away. The old man needs it for your weapon and whatever else he is cooking up.

You realize that, in theory you could do that last.

If you can beat your uncle in a fight, walk across hot coals and get a bunch of tattoos first.

Oh and get stabbed.

By Hot spears.

By every man in the village.

Without talking.

It is a painful rite to be the big man and you almost wince. There is something important about this, and it needs to be done before Jera gets here. You see your uncle getting ready.

Technically, your fetching the meal is complete. You can fight whenever you want, you just have to call the challenge to your father and his champion must fight you. Which will probably be your uncle. Then you must last ten minutes or get first blood on his chest.

Which means you must defeat him soundly in combat in a quick manner.

The man who has been training you to fight next to your father since you can remember walking. You go over to the leather pouch the Shaman threw in the boat and open it.

These aren't normal daggers.

The Shaman, however he did this, altered them. A lot.

You can see that they are hooked a bit more, and sharper. The handles are exceptional and made from a solid material, with cloth wraps and a hilt. There is even a cloth to tie around your wrists so you don't drop your weapons, though that hasn't happened since you were much smaller.

These weapons are different, but your uncle wouldn't have been familiar with these kind of daggers, it would provide an advantage, which could allow the fight to be fast.

So you can do the rest of the painful rites fast.

Then you look at the trident-

The trident is also a great weapon, and your uncle is taller than you, so a range weapon like a trident would overcome his saber, and have parry advantage and blade catching as well.

Thing is, your not sure if that's why the Shaman gave you the trident.

Also investigating it further, it seems there is more to it. Something is a bit, different to it. The metal, and the staff portion, you feel there is maybe an additional element to it but you can't tell.
>>
>>4676867
You then decide to feel it for electricity, like you do with some of your gadgets. And, there is a current.

It isn't active, but it could be activated. To do what? You don't know.

Is this the kind of weapon you want to use against your uncle?

A weapon that has electrical trickery in a fight that is a test of skill?

Trickery is useful, but it might go against the spirit of the challenge.

As you observe the spear you also observe your father and uncle talking, and you can read the lips.

Your father just assigned your uncle as champion.

Your father said try to make the fight last if he could

He said not to make it easy.

He said give you the best he got.

Well there goes a fast fight.

Unless you use the trident's devilry.

Or catch your uncle by using blades he hasn't seen before.

Your uncle and father now look over, realizing you are about to issue the challenge to fight.

____

You have a few choices

> Silently approach your father, make the challenge motion, get this done quick
> Perform the challenge haka, if it's gonna be done this way, might as well do it right.
> Loudly call out to your uncle and father to start this fight, you have things to do!
> Write in
--
Pick weapon
>Trident
> Daggers
> Quickly pick something from your hut
> Your fists (Good luck getting first blood from the chest)
>>
>>4676876
>> Perform the challenge haka, if it's gonna be done this way, might as well do it right.
>> Daggers
>>
>>4676876
> Perform the challenge haka, if it's gonna be done this way, might as well do it right.
>Trident
>>
>>4676876
>Trident

>human
>bigger than young primarch
>"stronger" even
The uncle must be a hell of a smart orgyn.
>>
>>4676876
> Daggers
>>
>Your Fists (Or Spear)
Tridents are overrated
>>
>>4677026
>>4677026
Some baseline humans can get pretty big and strong. However, maybe our really young primarch doesn't want to feel like he is insulting his family by showing how truly strong he is. Maybe part of this fight is going to be him realizing just how strong and fast he is.

I am going to try to tally this up after work today. I may have left my power cord for my laptop at my friends house so things may get quiet for a minute while I try to get it,
>>
>>4676876
> Daggers
No more spears please.
>>
>>4676340
>If any
Lorgar is my Primarch.

>>4676876
>Challenge Hakka.
>Daggers

We ain't no slow bitch, ain't a quiet one either.
>>
>>4677379
Cool.
Found the plug.
Maybe I can phone post we will see.
>>
>>4677379
>>4677324
>>4677296
>>4677205
>>4677026
>>4676927
>>4676894
It's looking like a proper Haka and daggers.
>>
You take your two new daggers. You have done so much so quickly. You have come further then anyone older than you on this island for your age. Sharks are heavier than your uncle can lift. You do it daily. Your muscle is large and tone. You are the strongest person you know.

You have never tested how strong you are.
___
ACCESS GRANTED
"The story of the challenge haka of that day, was told to every Marine of the Eleventh. When other Marines heard about it, I asked if it was true. True to his nature he told it as I heard."
-- Primarch REDACTED
____

You decide to test a theory about your speed and strength.

You start by instead of a clap you clang your daggers together three times.
It causes all the village to hear, many cover their ears. Your father even amongst those number, your uncle shocked by the great noise and ringing from the daggers.

"HEAR ME NOW ALL YOU " You roar like thunder, louder than your first Haka, louder than ever before

You clap loudly and stomp your feet you cross your daggers and make a fierce serious face.

"THIS CHALLENGE FIGHT WILL BE SHORT"

You then let out another loud roar and flex feeling all your muscles and the strength in your body, the electricity in the air.

Your Family, is actually scared, as is much of the village. The storm winds can be felt from a distance.

You feel everything on a primal level. It's part of you. The name of you on the Pod. Primarch XI. Such an odd thing. Primarch. The primarch you. You aren't sure what a primarch is but you are one, so you will win this fight like one, or at least in such a way to make Primarchs proud.

"FAST AS MY HAKA" You say and stomp the ground and face your uncle who is a bit rattled. You square up and make your daggers at the ready.

He squares up with you. Now to see how fast and how swift you can move, you shall run as fast as you can go.
____

He had never seen his Nephew let loose like this. He knew he was stronger than any man he had ever seen or heard. But to make thunder from mere metal daggers. The way he stood, the way he flexed his muscles, he was stronger by so much there would be no fair fight. Not in any degree that could possibly matter. The only thing would be to pick up the sword he kindly gave you, and see how badly this would end.

You stand facing your nephew. Who has squared up with you briefly.

Then you are bleeding. It's a cut, one that will need some bandages. You didn't even see your nephew move.

The fight was shorter than the Haka

You laugh as you fall to the ground.

____

You are clear on the other side of the village by the time your uncle has fallen to the ground. You don't think you cut him as bad as some fights as you have seen, but he has fallen to the ground. You assume from shock. Which is how most of the village, including your father looks. You walk over, and pick up your uncle. Who is laughing

"What are you laughing about?"
>>
>>4677999

"First time someone who actually kicks my ass and shows me how much I need to improve, picks me up. Our old man would have just let me bleed out." Your uncle says and your father grunts and nods. The men in the village line up their spears.

"SON! YOU HAVE CHOSEN THE PATH OF THE BIG MAN." Your father says, as loud as he can muster.

"I AM PROUD TO ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE AS BY YOUR RIGHT AS A MAN OF THIS VILLAGE. YOU MUST PROVE YOUR WORTH AS I DID. WALK ACROSS THE COALS AND ACCEPT YOUR MARKS." He shouts.

The men of the village, line up on either side of the coal pit, which isn't too long. As you step on the coals you walk forward, as you should, at an almost casual rate of speed. Which is how you were trained, but it doesn't hurt. Then the men line up to give you the marks of the big man.

The spears are red hot as the stab you. It cauterizes the wound and gives you marks, on the front and back of your chest. When they do penetrate. Mostly you feel that the villagers aren't trying.

They are afraid.

You grab one spear and stab it in yourself, cauterize the wound and politely hand it back. This causes them to actually try.

Then you get to the tent

Incense and chanting fill the air.

"What are your tattoos?"

"One will be the Big Boy." You say.

"The others, since you are Big Man you get the face tattoos, and you get another shoulder tattoo"

___

What tattoos do you want?

Facial tattoos

>> Half face, the design of your father with two daggers crossed marking your victory

>> The lower jaw, the design of a the big boys mouth.

>> Full face, traditional as most big man have

>> Write in

Shoulder tattoos

>> Pattern of the hurricane, which you broke through

>> Pattern of the comet, which you came in on

>> Pattern of a mighty wave

>> Write in

Feel free to put in more traditional tattoos, as there are books that can be written on this and while I know something, there are others that may know more, as I am not good at describing these other than tribal patterns.
>>
>>4678030
>> Half face, the design of your father with two daggers crossed marking your victory
>>
>>4678030
>> Half face, going all the all to the top of your skull, shave that half of your hair.
>> An comet surronded by a hurricane.
>>
>>4678030
Respect papa

Respect ourselves
>>
>>4678030
>>> Full face, traditional as most big man have
>>4678030
>>> Pattern of the hurricane, which you broke through
>>
>>4678030
>Full face
>Comep surrounded by a hurricane.
>>
>>
>>4678030
>>Full face
>>Comep surrounded by a hurricane.
>>
>>
>>4678030
>> Write in
Whatever the consensus is for the head tattoos, let's include some for the right arm. Maybe some waves with water and various sea creatures, or of lightnings and hurricanes.
>>
>>4678030
>>> The lower jaw, the design of a the big boys mouth.
this will look awesome and it will be a show of our capabilities and our first big accomplishment
>> An comet surrounded by a hurricane.
our origins respecting ourself and also our powers
>>
You look at the Tattooist.

You explain to him the designs that you desire and he looks as excited as you are.

"It will be my honor to do such markings for you." He says as you recount your acts.

As he gets to work, you are surprised that, well, for you it isn't really painful.

"So is there anything special like you want the shoulders to wrap around the collar bone, some people like that, others don't."

"Use your best judgement." You say and he looks back at you

"You aren't feeling any pain are you."

"No actually." You say and he smiles.

"Good. I can work faster then. I hear you are in some kind of hurry. What do you think you are going to name yourself when you walk out of this here hut?" He asks starting to go faster, but maintaining the same level of quality that he was earlier, you start to feel some of the pain now, but it is merely an annoyance.

____

So your Hunter name and Your Man name?

> I am only allowing write ins for this.
It is something that is supposed to be very important and significant. Not just something that you pick from a list. I will however advise if you guys like.
>>
>Hunter name
Kaholo: Nimble or Kalimana: Power of the Ocean and Diamond (Also a refernce to the Vjra, divine Thunderbolt OOC)
>Man name
Kaeo: Strong or Kaiko: Sea With Strong Current

Future possible names when we are bequethed lordship of our world/system: Ailani-Chief, Leader or Haulani Royal ruler in Hawaiian, Heavenly Ice
>>
>>4678973
I feel if we called ourselves Kalimana someone is just going to keep bringing up the KA-LI-MA joke every time a space marine has a red fist.

Kaiko is pretty good, its short and simple.

Maybe Kaiko Whaitiri

Whaitiri, the personification of thunder in maori.

So: Strong current, Thunder personified.
>>
>>4678983
I suppose another way of translating
Kaiko Whaitiri
would be Great Thunder.
>>
>>4678973
>>4678983
I love the creativity presented here in these threads. Everyone does nicely.

I will probably present some options after work tonight to help, but these two are stand outs.

Kaiko Whaitiri and Kalimana Both sound Primarchish, and with it Kolinaisi sounds very creative while maintaining that Primarch sound.

Also forgive me for not indicating that

Comet through a Hurricane was the shoulder winner
and Half Face with daggers was the face winner.

I wonder what the emperor would say to two sons with facial tattoos. Maybe Lorgar and Kolinaisi will hang out. Who knows.. It is still pretty early. But what happens next will be exciting, I have had a lot of fun going over the story board!
>>
>>4678956
Man name could be Kahuna for a wise man or shaman or a very large wave.

Hunter name could be whatever the consensus is
>>
>>4679145
Kahuna always seemed more like a title for someone than a name which is why I would not recommend it
>>
>>4678956
>Kaiko Whaitiri
>>
>>4678956
>Hunter: Kaiko
>Man: Whaitiri

Strong current because we hunted fuckoff sea monsters to do everything, and thunder personified because of our powers and our Haka
>>
>>4679336
>>4679307
>>4678984
It's looking like Kaiko Whaitiri.

I hope I am not moving this along too quickly with too few votes. That being said- the culture, and how long we are going to be on the planet may indicate us having a lot of names.
____

The Tattoos do not take as long as you thought. The Tattooist, learned in his art and almost supernaturally skilled is quick. When he is done, he unveils the mirror, which you found in a wreck and brought up. You have grown since you last looked in this particular mirror. Or actually used a mirror. The water is normally how you see your reflection. You look, fierce. Your tattoos are perfect and he looks proud.

"Kolinaisi Kaiko Whaitri" He says nodding. "To let you know, that ink was done through my special tools from the black trees and the ink from the black stones. It will ward you against the spirits and give you great fortune. I don't do that for just anyone. I did it because, well, it aint everyday you tattoo someone who break a hurricane" He says and you smile and shake your head and you give him a good pat on the shoulder.

"Keli'i you are unrivaled in your art." You say

"Thanks Big Man." He says patting you on the back

"I aint the Big Man yet," You say and he snorts.

"You gonna be the Biggest Man. That shaman and we both see the same thing. You gonna be the Big man of this blue world. Your Father knows, it he is just so humbled by having you as a son he don't want to say it. I think You gonna change things." Keli'i says.

"Thats big words coming from you." You say to him

"I say what I know. I am a tattooist. I speak my mind. It is my job. You think I just hand out Tattoos? No. I illustrate the soul. I bring a man's story to life. Everyone in this tribe, has a unique tattoos, as every man and woman is unique. But yours? You have tattoos and rites that I will never do again. And I am proud. All you have done for this place. We haven't had a person starve since you been here with the sharks and food that you bring in. We have gotten treasures we haven't been able to get without serious trade! And you do it out of the good of your heart. You have the heart and soul of the greatest of chiefs. You have the biggest heart. That's how I know you will be big man. Because you are one that comet brought in a light into this world. Your father tells you this, in his own way, and I know your mother does too. Everyone in this village, is going to celebrate you becoming a man and tonight we all eat like big man because you slayed the Big Boy! You bring us Big Meanie!" Keli'i exclaims.

You think about it. Just by being kind and helpful, doing what you knew was right has improved the quality of the village but you never heard it the way Keli'i has said outside your family. You don't do this for praise though, but it feels good.

"Now go and scream your names aloud!" Keli'i the tatooist says with a smile
___
>>
>>4679708
You step out and shout out in a primal tone

"I AM KOLINAISI KAIKO WHAITIRI! RIDER OF THE COMET! SLAYER OF HURRICANES AND MONSTERS! I AM THE THUNDER AND SEA! TONIGHT I HAVE BY LAWS OF MAN AND THE VILLAGE AM TO BE ACKNOWELDGED BY THIS NAME! I INVITE ALL OF YOU TO COME TO MY FEAST OF MY NAME DAY!" You shout as you have heard many times before.

There is cheering and singing. Your father comes and hugs you.

"My son. This day, is the proudest day. I am overjoyed, and your Tattoos! I am honored by your choice. Jera isn't too far out a canoe scout saw sails far out. I heard you say you got business for the Shaman." Your father says

"Yeah da. It can wait if you need." You say.

"Na. I know what he want. Go. You got a mighty gift I think. The Shaman took a liking to you the day you get here. What he want from you anyways?"

"Two black trees." You say

"Aya! That aint no easy task! Those trees are hard to cut! You'd have better luck just pulling them over or knocking them down! And they don't float. That blackstone from the volcano gets into them. I think that old man has lost it. You want some help for that? I am still technically the Big Man till you take it up and can have a few men help you."

You think about it.

The shaman did not ask you to do this task alone, and it could save time. Plus company on the far islands is always welcome. Shoal Stoats can be a pain to deal with and muderbird eggs may be collected. You could also give gifts to Keli'i for the tattoos for using his black ink and for the Shaman for making your daggers so quick.

___

> Go Alone
> Take two men with you
> Ask your father to come along
>>
File: 1545860421274.png (696 KB, 572x912)
696 KB
696 KB PNG
>>4679708
>That being said- the culture, and how long we are going to be on the planet may indicate us having a lot of names.
>Skitarii: "Designation: 11th Primarch. Name: ...*Bzzt* Screw. That."
>>
>>4679730
> Take two men with you
>>
Father and son bonding time
>>
>>4679733

So not to spoil anything.

So on the planet of De'lormosa there are 30 greater sea monsters besides Big Boy. Who was the smallest.

You could have 30 names from the sea monsters alone.

Each time you would technically defeat a chief or enemy big man, you could take a new name.

So yeah. Custodes level of naming is possible.

I don't know if that's how this quest will go, but I enjoy the process.
>>
>>4679730
>> Ask your father to come along
>>
>>4679751
Like pokemon, gotta tame em all.
>>
>>4679730
> Go Alone
>>
>>4679751
>Kitten: "Ah, I see you are a man of culture as well."
Can't wait for their to be a Primarch Safari with Kolinaisi, Leman and Jaghatai someday

Also, I can see Kolinaisi beign a bit of an environmentalist due to the state of his homeworld, something he Fulgrim and Sanguinius can bond over
>>
>>4679829
Or he could be big on dumping everything on sea, afterall the planet couldn't have a looting culture without the loot.
>>
>>4679836
Honestly Kolinaisi hasn't left home much. So he hasn't developed much of a sense of the dumping.

YET.

There is still a lot to do before he goes a sailing and this chapter is going to be very interesting depending on what you guys choose.

>>4679756
Some you can theoretically befriend.
>>
I am going to tally and post in the morning

But so far

> Ask father 3
> Go Alone 1
> Bring two men 1

>>4679829
We'll see about a safari one day. I'm just happy people want to participate.
>>
>>4679730
>ask father

Time for good bonding
>>
>>4679730
Let's be one of the primarchs who had a nice family life. Like dorn or perturabo if he was not an anus to his adoptive kin
>>
4- Bring father
1 - Go alone
1- Bring two men.

6 total votes
__

"Da, why don't you come?" You ask. And your father looks surprised, in a pleasant way.

"You haven't asked for my help in a long time son. I would be happy to help. Though some of them tools in your hut may help. You go search the hut I go get my big outrider boat. We'll get this done before we see Jeras boat." He says smiling and patting you on the shoulder.

You go quickly to your hut, which you mostly use as storage for various treasures you find.

Among your cache, there are weapons galore, in case the slavers returned. Many guns, though, not all with ammo- some don't need them. Many different bladed weapons that look they come from various cultures. Hammers of various sizes. Then you realize, the trident you could feel the electricity in it. Maybe you could go through some of the weapons that may be good for tree cutting, and testing for that electrical feel.

You also see various other things near your pod that are, also somewhat neatly organized for what you have. You don't find anything immediately that seems to cut down trees, but you found some things that look interesting. So you put them all together that you could take after testing each thing individually for an electrical feel.

You think you can get one item for you and one item for your dad if you want to be efficient

> A very large Axe with many teeth and and a motor on it.
> A very crazy looking sword that kind of glows
> A different sword that has no tip but you can feel many teeth on it
> A two headed axe, that has no teeth, but the electricity almost sings through it, and it looks very sharp
> A strange looking device that is connected to many different cables and an engine that takes you both hands to lug
> A set of really big gloves that have claws and the things with chains on them
>>
File: Tyberos_pwning_Matnis.jpg (99 KB, 811x508)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
Our weapon
>A set of really big gloves that have claws and the things with chains on them
Dad's
>A very crazy looking sword that kind of glows

Explanation, dad's sword can at least be turned off (I hope) so he can make use of it unpowered to limit damage if possible

And pic related may be our fists/claws
>>
>>4680576
>> A very crazy looking sword that kind of glows
>>4680576
>> A two headed axe, that has no teeth, but the electricity almost sings through it, and it looks very sharp
>>
>>4680660
sorry, first one is dad, second is us.
>>
>>4680576
Our weapon is the one we use for cutting trees? Also can we produce enough electricity to power them fully? If yes on both questions, I choose this for us:
> A two headed axe, that has no teeth, but the electricity almost sings through it, and it looks very sharp
and this for father:
> A very crazy looking sword that kind of glows
>>
>>4680576
>Glowing sword

GLOW LIKE LIGHTNING!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.