[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 16 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

New board added: /pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Space Staion 13.png (535 KB, 580x823)
535 KB
535 KB PNG
McSnickers Dickerson has created something that only those from future stations would know about, a Tesla Ball. He has been assigned to recreate the ball of primordial electricity with the express purpose of trying to harvest it. Being on a high security station, nothing station shattering can happen, right?

McSnickers Dickerson
Standard Skills
Social Skills
>Authority: 10
>Fellowship: 50
>Conspiracy: 25

Intellectual Skills
>Technology: 40
>Machines: 10
>Atmospherics: 0
>Chemistry: 0
>Biology: 25

Physical Skills
>Weapon Skill: 35
>Ballistics Skill: 10
>Mental Integration: 20

Mystic Skills
>Magic: 25
>Faith: 40
>Blue Space: 0

Unbound Stats
>Wealth: 0
>Military Power: 0
>Prestige and Clout: 0
Novice: 10
Apprentice: 25
Adept: 50
Expert: 75
Master: 100
>>
There was a purpose in my step, as I walked off the trolley and towards the nearby branch of the Mechanicus. People were going to and from, completely unaware of the hell that I am starting to see on a monthly basis.

I mean come on, first the Traitors, then Changelings and just a few weeks ago a Blob.

Though if I gotta be honest I am starting to get a little bit too used to this.

Soon I walked up to the door and the watchful eye outside looked me over. Soon it brought itself back in, the steel clad doors slowly opening just wide enough for someone of my size to walk into it.

{Welcome, Acolyte McSnickers.} A speaker announced into the room as the system sprayed some sort of decontaminant, {Reason for visit?}

{To see the Magos}

{Understood, come in.}

With that the doors opened, the secondary doors opened and welcomed me inside. There was really no change from the last few times I have been here, as the Mechanicus compound . Red iron walls surrounded me, with Spartan furnishing about the place.

There was kinda a beauty all its own, as I looked over it all. Each thing had some kind of operation, it was just that I did not know them yet.

Soon enough I walked into the Magos’s room, {Magos Farstein, I have come as requested.}

{McSnickers, I have heard that you have once again barely avoided death. Correct?}

{You would be, and you have recieved my report of what occured on the station and my future assignment?}

{Indeed I have, this… Tesla Ball is a blessing from the Omnissiah.} He admitted while looming over me, {I have already forward the information to my fellow Magos. It has come to my attention that you are being dispatched to a highly secured facility correct?}

{You are, Magos.} I admitted while bowing to the man-machine.

{Then can you do a task for us? I need you to collect the research information from that station’s servers.}

>Agree
>No, best not to anger Nanotrasen
>Why?
>>
>>4664077
>Why? That would surely defeat the purpose of the station being highly secure, thus angering the machine spirits.
>>
>>4664149
>+1
>>
>>4664077
>>4664149
Backing
>>
>>4664149
>Backing
>>
>>4664077
>Why? That would surely defeat the purpose of the station being highly secure, thus angering the machine spirits.
>>
Why?
>>4664149
>>4664203
>>4664231 - Must be greentext from here onwards friend, otherwise I do not count it.
>>4664348
>>4664580
>>
{My apologies Magos, but would not defeat the purpose of those Machine Spirits upon the station?} I asked my superior, {I would be angering the spirits and thus be harmed in the process.}

{Hmm, you do not truly realize what the Spirits are towards us, do you?} The Machine Lord moved with his dozens of mamables and machanrites, {While you are right in that Machine Spirits would not like our retrieval of information, they would easily understand the purpose once you inform them of your reasoning.}

The mass of Machines hummed and moved, {However that is not your true reason, you ask why you should risk stealing from Nanotrasen.}

{I… guess you have a point there Magos.} I admitted while scratching the back of my head.

{You see, even while both the Mechanicus and Nanotrasen work together there are times that Nanotrasen will withhold information from us. These can be a variety of things, such as their secrets to a perfect toaster to the latest in laser gun technology.} His mechanrite pointed towards me with a sense of authority, {You are simply here to make them follow their obligation.}

{I will be a more acting arm then?}

{Yes, and based on your track record the station will be lost in the process.} Magos Farstein laughed while tapping the table, {And if that is not enough for you, do not forget that we are to reward you for service.}

{A… promotion?}

{Yes, along with the technology that is awarded to men of that rank.} The Cyborg seemed to laugh as his mechanical eyes focused upon me, {Of course just getting us the information pertaining to this… Tesla Ball is enough to give you a more permanent seat in some circles. So, are you willing to serve the Omnissiah in this respect?}

>Yes
>No
>>
>>4665033
>Yes
Can we be mildly offended at the way he tied us to the station loss?
>>
>>4665033
>Yes
Hey its not like any of those were explicitly our fault.
>>
Understood
>>4665042
>>4665333
>>
{Hey, it is not my fault that everystation I am on is destroyed.} I retaliated with a hmph.

{McSnickers, it is obvious based on the information that out of three stations, all three have ended up disabled or destroyed.} He hummed with a mechanical authority, {Mortals say that once is an accident, twice is a coincidence, thrice is a pattern made by the motor force. You are cursed to destroy any station you are on, McSnickers.}

{Well… well…} My face would have gone slightly red from the embarrassment if I was not a machine myself, {I bet you this coming station will not be needing an emergency evacuation.}

{Processing odds.} The man machine announced with a small dial-up sounding the place, {I will match any amount you propose, McSnicker. How much will that be?}

{200 Creds,} I announced without even thinking, {Take it or leave it.}

{Deal.} He replied while giving a menacing laugh, {Now be on your leave, McSnicker, you have a station to retrieve information from.}

{Understood, Magos.}

And with that I left the compound, soon walking once again into the greater city.

Once again I got myself onto the trolley, traveling through the air without much delay. Soon enough I was back in the massive complex that was Nanotrase, and with that I traveled my way into my room.

As many times I have come here before, the Plant known as Weed was watching the television, “So how is Sally doing?”

“She got pregnant, lost the child, then got knocked up by the previous mate’s brother.” Weed said while nursing a small teet of nutrient water, “And Mama is pissed off.”

“Damn, I would not want to be in that situation.”

“You won’t, since you lost that seed maker.” The plant turned around to face me, “So whats the results from your ‘organization’.”

“They just want me to share my research with them.” I lied while looking Weed over, “You’ve grown quite alot, think you can give me a bud yet?”

“Probably, all you need to do is chop off one of my limbs and that will be that.” He answered before pointing his appendage at me, “Want me to tag along to your super secret base?”

>Sure, why not
>Better leave the test subject here
>Nah, just want some weed for the road.
>>
Bump?
>>
Well I'll leave this for tonight, didn't want to but oh well.
>>
>>4665736
Weedy, I love ya, but High Security Facility means two things: One--very nasty and suspicious rent-a-cops. Two: unhinged freaks who want to steal from said High Security facility. You're safer here, man.
>>
>>4665736
>>
>>4665736
>"This is gonna be higher risk if they're serious about making that Tesla ball into a power source."
Any chance we can try to call up someone about turning our redneck scrap parts laser into a proper functioning Lasgun?
>>
>>4665736
>"This is gonna be higher risk if they're serious about making that Tesla ball into a power source."
>>
Just some material is fine, you rather not become a test subject right?
>>4666032
>>4666053
>>4666101
>>4666199
>>
“Look man, this station I am hopping on is going to be high security. It's better that you’re not there so Security does not get suspicious.” I told the plant outright.

“Fine fine, guess I’ll be finding out if Suzie has this child.” He joked while wiggling a limb, “Though I take it you want some for the road?”

“Yup, to appease the machine spirits at least.” I said while taking a pair of scissors and getting some material.

With that the day moved forward, which was mainly me working on getting the last few things together for the trip. I was moving just that little bit faster, as I was of course still training to see how well I could control my body.

These days I think I could reasonably fight someone and outright win. Though Lord knows I should probably soon learn how to be wielding a gun. Yeah the little mess with the Blobbernaught showed how ignorant I was in the means of fighting.

None of that mattered now though, as by the start of the week I was already on my way towards the security station.

Unlike other shuttles, where people were joking about and having a little fun, these men were quite somber. Maybe it was because of the doubled amount of security personnel, or maybe it was because we were sanctioned to one hell of a search earlier. Hell, I only got my weed through because I told the men it was for my religion.

However that did not stop me from noticing the groups of people who were around. At one side were the Roboticists, researchers who I surely would have been with if it was any other circumstance.

No, for this trip I was placed with a few men from engineering. Most were human, but I noticed that all those who were inhuman were belonging to atmospherics. Hell, even one of them was a cyborg like myself!

That left security. And while they were all wearing gas masks to hide their faces were bored as all hell. They might actually be willing to chat if I approached them.

>Chat with the Engineers, your cohorts
>The Robotcists
>Meet your fellow Preternis!
>It pays to have security on your side.
>Better just not talk to anyone.
>>
>>4666519
I'm split between the engineers and Security. But given that we will be talking to the Engineers later anyway.
If we're lucky they'll be competent enough to help us prevent the station collapse this time.
>>
>>4666519
>Chat with the Engineers, your cohorts
>>
>>4666519
A change of pace would be nice. We only ever interact with security when everything is going wrong or they’re actively considering whether to beat us or not.
>>
Pays to play Security
>>4666530
>>4666774

Engineers
>>4666610
>>
Most of my options were good, don’t get me wrong. There was a pretty good chance I would be getting some kind of comradery with the Roboticist, or I could better my relationship with the engineers of the station. However, in the end I have always interested with the Security on the station because things went to shit.

It pains me that it's a perfectly logical thought, fuck Farstein.

So I got up and made my way over to the fellows who were sitting down, looking around as if they were some sort of prison guard. With a smile I waved, “Howdy, how are you all doing?”

The men all looked at one another, pretty much the feeling of awkwardness going about. Such a feeling was not something I wanted, so I changed my approach a little while reaching into my pocket.

“Want some smokes?” I asked them while presenting a small case of Cigars, “They are pretty good in my opinion, top of the line.”

They looked at one another for another moment, before one of them moved forward and took a cigar, “Its not like we are not allowed to interact with crew guys. We arn’t on some prison ship.”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right.” another said while walking over, “You remember the HoS’s report though, he just wanted us on high alert.”

“High Alert? Something about to happen?”

“Yup, or at least that's what the HoS said. Apparently we are shipping some nasty mojo over here to be studied, and they would not be surprised if something were to happen on the station.”

“Nasty mojo eh?” I grew a shaky smile while giving a laugh, “I havn’t seen a vodo doll yet,”

The men around me gave a small chuckle, “I guess we have not presented ourselves. Names Orion.”

“Jackson.”

“Gunner.”

“McSnickers.” I laughed while giving them all a smile, “I hope we all work well together.

>Talk about previous stations they were on
>Just bullshit with them to smooze them over
>Learn about guns, I mean one of them is named Gunner
>Anything you wanna ask them? *Write in?*
>>
>>4667019
>>
>>4667019
>Just bullshit with them to smooze them over
>>
>>4667019
The more you know...
>>
>>4667019
Might be able to mention the blob and why we got assigned to station. It would actually help their job if they knew about our tesla ball study assignment, that way they'd better know what to be on alert for. Like someone stealing the proto accelerators.
>>
Gunner
>>4667053
>>4667243
>>4667421

Bullshit
>>4667162
>>
“Gunner eh?” I said with a laugh, “You like guns or something?”

“You can’t say I like guns more than I am good at shooting them.” He answered back with a grin, “But I know my way around a gun.”

“Can you show me a thing or two that would be great.” I cheered while opening my arms, “You see, I’m kinda a gun maker myself. Made a couple of guns on the last station I was on.”

“Really?” Orion’s brow slowly rose, “Why the hell were you making guns?”

“You see, there was this Blob on the station. It killed about everyone before it got fried itself.” I answered with a shrug, “Gunner, you guys are carrying laser guns right now right?”

“Yup, standard issue disabler.” He cheered while whipping it out to show me, “It's not the best gun, but damn has it served me well.”

“Mind showing me its guts?”

“Sure.” He laughed while taking out a screwdriver and popping it open, “So you see here-”

The guts of the gun were pretty interesting. I was kinda right with my design earlier, but the one thing I was really missing was a focus crystal and capacitor. Such devices would of course measure out the weapon’s fire rate and make sure it did not damage itself.

“So you see, this crystal right here is special in that it makes the weapon either lethal or not. Of course this fellow does not have the lethal option, but if you got the Laser gun you would find a crystal exchange system.” Gunner advised with a grin.

“Very very interesting.” I agreed as the shuttle pulled itself into the station.

“Well we’ve arrived,” Orion said while hopping out of his seat, “See ya later Snickers.”

>Head straight for the work station
>Ask if you can have some guards to make sure no one blows the station up
>Just chat with them all the way to the brig, best make them really friendly to ya
>>
>>4667488
>Ask sec if they received any details on the proto accelerator study that's about to take place, if not inform security.
>Then head straight for the work station
>>
>>4667488
>Just chat with them all the way to the brig, best make them really friendly to ya
>>
>>4667488
>>Head straight for the work station
>>
>>4667488
>Ask sec if they received any details on the proto accelerator study that's about to take place, if not inform security.
>Then head straight for the work station
>>
Inform the Security
>>4667495
>>4667771
>>4667536

Work station right away!
>>4667566
>>
“Hey, one quick thing before you all go.” I called out while we got off the shuttle, “I am doing some research with this thing known as a Tesla Ball. If something bad were to happen with it, the entire station might as well be destroyed.”

Jackson, the one who was silent for the most part nodded, “So what do you want us to do about it?”

“If you see anyone running around with a proto-accelerator might wanna take them out and get that gun back to me.” I answered before nodding to myself, “And also include some more security in my area.”

The men all shared glances at one another, before it was Orion who nodded, “I will talk to the HoS about being posted at Engineering, however there are lots of experiments going about. I wouldn’t know their value like yours.”

“Cool cool, that will work for me.” I answered with a smile, “Well its time for us all to get to our workstation, see y’all.”

“Same here,” Orion said before we broke off into my part of the station.

With that I made my way through the halls of the station, which unlike many times before were staunch of any propaganda or material. They were instead replaced with several cameras that seemed to watch my every movement. And actually, I also noted that any access to maintenance has been curtailed as I only saw two entryways into the maintenance instead of the standard 4 to 5.

Soon I arrived near engineering research, with several doors that were in my way to get in. Four in total, all until the last one acted just like your average airlock where you did not really need to worry about scanning your ID as the system would just do it for you.

However, this chamber had a few different things. For one, the chamber was overlooked by a security outpost, as I am pretty sure whoever was assigned there was to check the faces of all who came through.

The next was the key card checker as if we were several hundred years in the past. Of course I had heard about this system in the past, the thing accepting my key card and scanning my face. Once it was finished, it gave a green peep before the bolts were lifted and the door opened up to welcome me.

The place was massive, that was for sure, and it seemed that areas were already prepared to be picked out. It was a first come first serve basis from the looks of things, but the two styles of workshops seemed to be either work in a vacuum of space or inside the building.

While being inside might be easier, looks like if I choose space I'd probably get equipped with a hardsuit. Be kinda badass, though again that means flying around in space.

>Space workshop
>Interior workshop
>Maybe a combination area.
>>
>>4668265
>Space workshop
We probably need the space to contain the tesla, and build the containment stuff.
>>
>>4668265
>Space workshop
>>
>>4668265
>Space workshop
Something remote like Toxins used to be on Box? Moving Toxins to the Research Outpost on the roid was a good change.
>>
Space Workshop
>>4668294
>>4668512
>>4668574
>>
With a will in my step I made my way over and to a small console next to the worksop. With a few presses of the button the machine started to change, coming up with a graphic I was hoping of getting.

Workshop S1 allocated, welcome Project Director Dickerson.

“Project director, I should probably make sure it does not get to my head.” I laughed while making my way into the workshop.

To one side of the small room was a series of windows, all of which looked out into a sectioned part of the aether known as space. The other, well a series of equipments and tools leveraged towards my use. Sitting there was about four large contains, holding the space suits that I would be using.

So with a smile I walked over and started putting on the most armor I ever had in my life.

As I was slipping it all on, someone wearing a white hardsuit came in with his hood engaged. However I knew right away the person was smiling underneath, “Project Director Dickerson, a pleasure to meet you. Chief Engineer Robertson.” He said while extending his hand.

“Uh, sorry I can’t really shake it.” I mentioned to the fellow while getting the leggings on, “Kinda getting this damn thing on.”
“Ah, you made a good point there.” He said while putting it down, “Well I heard you are looking into a new kind of singularity? Quite the event from my understanding.”

“Yeah some kind of electrical phenomena.” I admitted while looking outside, “Might destroy the station is it gets out, so I am a little worried.”

“Well since you are a head here how about I can give you a hand.” The man answered while handing me a small tablet, “These fellows are currently not assigned to any tasks or projects. You can take any and all of them if you want, though remember they are your responsibility if they got into trouble.”

>John Doe: Professional Assistant
>Uranium IIV: Plasman Radiation Scientist
>Alexander Hamlton: Electronics Technician
>Jasper: Atmos Engineer
>Suzan Guthry: Mechanical Engineer
>Darla: Chemical Engineer
>Bash-Computers: Technology Engineer
>Go at it alone
>>
>>4668723
First we should draw up the blueprints so everyone knows what we did with the machine.
Start getting supplies as directed. Relay to security for escort if you're asked to grab any kind of accelerators for your own safety.
Help come up with safety measures for containment.
This thing will destroy any electronics with tendrils of lightning. We need you to figure out how to prevent this from happening.
>Jasper: Atmos Engineer.
In the event this thing breaks containment. It will try to enter the station. We need a way of throwing out the entire experiment chamber with the lightning ball in the event things start going south. The AI should have no ability to launch the chamber.
Support bash computers.
>Darla: Chemical Engineer
Supporting bash computers.
>Bash-Computers: Technology Engineer
We'll try to come up with the means of containment as well as the singularity creating accelerator device.
>>
>>4668723
This is an electrical phenomenon, and as such we need somebody with expertise in this. Measuring everything leading up to tesla ball manifestation is crucial too.
Rigging the proto-accelerators in such a way as to get the tesla ball to manifest properly is key.
>Jasper: Atmos Engineer
Recreating the conditions of the tesla ball back during the blob attack on that station would help us keep things consistent for the higher-ups relying on us.
Provide support, as well as containment procedures for the tesla ball, maybe a way to drain the tesla ball of energy can help stabilize it?
What >>4668744 said about him is also what I'm backing
Don't think we need a chemical engineer for this or "Bash-Computers" who might be a mime or clown working as tech engineer. Reminds me of a guy playing a mime named "Kicks-the-Things" and all he did was interact by kicking, which was incredible in that it worked
>>
Wait a moment. Check John Does skin. We had one of those two stations ago and it was a fucking changeling.
>>
>>4668744
>>4668749
backing both of these
>>
Lots of people, your choice.
>>4668744
>>4668749
>>4668996
>>
ayy guys I just realized we're essentially a research director now with all these people to manage, we've made it into command!
>>
>>4669018
Yup, and you have so many people you need to boss around now.
>>
“I’ll take… all of these fellows.” I said while pointing out a series of men and women on the list.

“You are asking for five people there, are you sure you want this many men under you?”

“It would not hurt to have this many, and it means I will have plenty of hands when working on things.” I answered with a smile.

“Alright, understood.” He said before marking down all the names on his data pad, “So what exactly are you trying to produce?”

“A giant ball of electricity using a series of proto accelerators.” I answered while looking out into space.

“Ah yes, the Proto Accelerator is an interesting device.” The man admitted with a small chuckle, “Near unlimited firing ability, though takes a few second to recharge before every shot. It fires a small and nearly invisible particle that injures the opposing party.”

“I take it you worked with it once before?”

“Yes, when I worked on a mining station.” He answered gladly, “Well I will leave you to it, expect your men in an hour.”

“Understood, thanks.” I said while waving the CE off.

As he left I began to scheme on what exactly I would want to produce. I guess the first part would be recreating the machine that started it all.

The set up that did cause the anomaly was several guns strapped upon a robot, which apparently all of them firing caused something to happen. I guess the big thing is how to rebuild that device.

I could go with a similar version as before, several smaller guns firing at once. However I would need to figure out a mechanism to fire them as I don’t think a computer is going to be able to handle all those mechanisms. However, its easily similar to my previous system.

I could also go with one big system, that fires just a big round of atoms at once. While it might not seem like much, Omnissiah knows what would happen as I am basically making a big gun.

>Go big or go home!
>Smaller and more numerous might be for the best
>>
>>4669056
>>
>>4669056
>Again. Screen the assistant. I have a feeling that's our changeling from station 2.
>>
>>4669056
We have the people for it, also how does one become a 'Professional Assistant"? That's definitely an interesting job, I wonder if the greyshirts have tribes as well.
>>
>>4669056
>Again. Screen the assistant. I have a feeling that's our changeling from station 2.
>>
Smaller the better
>>4669159
>>4669202
>>4669244
>>4669325
>>
In the end the best thing is probably numerous smaller shots, not some massive superweapon that could destroy pieces of the station. That of course meant that I needed a fuck ton of proto-accelerators in order to get things set up.

So with a few presses of the button I had already started the ordering of my products.

It was kinda a warm feeling in the chest, knowing that I was now the person running an entire project. Blessed by the Omnissiah, I aim to have gotten the ability to advance the field of science and understanding towards its greatest length across the heavens of space.

It was then that the door across from me opened up, revealing a fellow wearing a grey jump suit.

“Hello there, pleasure to meet ya.” The Assistant said as he crossed the gap between myself and him, “Professional Assistant, John Doe at your service.”

“John Doe…” It took me to realize the situation, “You are quite early, like, really early.”

“I try to prove myself punctual, especially to my new boss.” He laughed while walking over towards the Decontamination Chambers, “You know how hard it is getting your hands on a hard suit. Normally they take something like 5 doors before you can get to it.”

“Yes they are pretty nice.” I admitted while not exactly catching what the fellow was saying, “Mind if I check something, I need to test your skin.”

[Authority Failed]

“Skin? What the hell are you talking about?” He asked with a small panic.

I looked the fellow up and down, and he seemed honestly freaked out by what I was saying, “I knew a person with your name who turned out to not have the best of intentions.”

“Oh, that…” The guy gave a small laugh, “Yeah you see, I was captured by a Ling once and eaten by him. No one realized I was dead until that shuttle was evacuated and I was not among the survivors.”

“Oh. OHhhhh.” I said while shaking my head, “That… makes a little sense.”

>Send the fellow to go pick up the Accelerators
>Work with him to explore the workshop
>Ya know, is there going to someone else this early
>>
>>4669697
Assistants have a wide breadth of knowledge, hopefully he can show us some stuff that might be useful later.
>>
Would it be possible to do a skin sample check for all our employees as a precaution? This is a high-security facility, there should be a standard protocol to follow for it.

If people think we’re paranoid, we can tell them they’re right, but we’ve been through too many disasters at this point. May as well control for the ones that don’t eat into our time too much.
>>
>>4669697
Friends close potential antagonist closer. Also on the off chance he isn't a cling. Any bets the AI turns hostile this round?
>>
Explore the workshop
>>4669779
>>4669869
>>
“Well get a suit on.” I told the fellow while clicking the helmet on, ”We are going to check out the worksop”

“Fuck yeah!” The Assistant cheered while getting his equipment on.

To be honest I still am not going to trust this fellow out right. However it is better to keep Mr. John Doe close to me just to make sure he was telling me the truth, and that he is not a Changeling in disguise waiting for the chance to eat my gnome.

Once he got his own space suit on we hopped over to the airlock that was keeping us from the outside. Within a few moment the vents roared to life, sucking up all the air that was within our chamber. I made sure of course that my oxygen was turned on, soon walking into the void of space.

I have never really been out in space like this, I would admit. Last time I experince space was when the Tesla Ball was ripping its way through the station and making everything a fucking wreck. Before that, I had no experience in space.

So when I say that ironically space is pretty calming, I am saying that from having horrible experiences in it before.

“Enjoying yourself?” The Assistant laughed while putting down some metal bars to make what I guess was for us to grab onto.

“Yeah.” I said while looking around for a moment from one point to another, “They gave me a whole lot of nothing here to operate in.”

“What you expect, half the job done for you.” John laughed while finishing his set up.

“I mean it would be nice.” I said while looking it over once more.

Overall it was actually a very secure place, with reinforced metal at all sides of the space. While it was open space, nothing too bad is getting in here without one hell of a mining operation to get in.

Though that does bring up the big thing about how I am going to contain the tesla itself, and even set up the entire workshop. Hmm, what to do?

>Set up a force field, dumb ass
>complexe equations to predict the movement of the spark to contain it via polarity
>Make a wheel like machine that contains the Tesla Ball
>Make your own suggestions. If it makes sense, you can probably attempt to make it.
>>
>>4670093
>See about getting security to disengage AI access on the doors here but not the observation equipment. To prevent tampering.
>maybe a spinning array of Grounding coils will help contain/delay it should the forcefield fail.
>>
>>4670112
+1
>>
>>4670093
>complexe equations to predict the movement of the spark to contain it via polarity
>>
>>4670156
Scroll up and read thread. We have to greentext our votes and support.
>>
Forcefield it is
>>4670112
>>4670182
>>
“Alright, first order of business is to get something together to contain the damn thing.” I announced while holding onto a nearby wall, “Assistant, make some platforms and prepare them for stuff to be mounted into them.”

“Yeah yeah, when I get to that.” John Doe said with a hint of annoyance.

With him working on that I started working on getting the pieces of machinery ordered. Seems there was only one form of force fields, which meant I was going to be stuck using it. So with a few more presses of the button I had sent my request over to Cargo to see if it can be delivered.

As I was doing that I noticed a few people were coming out into the prep area, one wearing some kind of suit and the other was a lame looking man. Since I really had nothing better to do I hopped back into the airlock.

“Hello there!” I announced as my suit’s helmet was released, “Names McSnicker Dickerson, your Project Director.”

“It is a Pleasure, Project Director.” The one with the suit announced while giving a short bow, “I am Uranium II7.”

I looked the fellow up and down a few times, “Mind asking what exactly are you? I remember on the computer it was saying you were some kind of Plasman, but…”

“I am not human, if that is what you are asking sir.” He said back with a rather calm demeanor, “Please, sir, what task do you want me to start on.”

“Job for you to start on? Hmm…”

I thought about it, “You got an idea of what we are trying to recreate right?”

“Yes sir, some kind of electrical anomaly right?”

“Yes, now you see, it uses proto-accelerators. Just the main thing is I am not too sure how they fit into all this but…”

>Make something… that collects fired protons
>Harvest the fired matter for energy?
>Something that collides multiple atoms into eachother!
>Something powered up by fast moving objects
>Give your own weird idea on how this thing works, *Write in*
>>
>>4670394
Let's get him to work on Tesla coils (collecting the power from this thing), lightning rods (shielding stuff from the anomaly), and maybe emergency backup power for the containment field. We also need power distribution setups so we don't make trouble when we send this to the grid, though that might be the CE's deal.
>>
>>4670432
>+1
>>
>>4670394
>>
>>4670394
That's going to be how the tesla generator itself works when the protons from the accelerators fire on it.

>Let's get him to work on Tesla coils (collecting the power from this thing), lightning rods (shielding stuff from the anomaly), and maybe emergency backup power for the containment field. We also need power distribution setups so we don't make trouble when we send this to the grid, though that might be the CE's deal.
>>
>>4670394
>Let's get him to work on Tesla coils (collecting the power from this thing), lightning rods (shielding stuff from the anomaly), and maybe emergency backup power for the containment field. We also need power distribution setups so we don't make trouble when we send this to the grid, though that might be the CE's deal.
>>
>>4670394

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.