[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 22 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

All across The Continent wars rage without a end in sight. Cities burn in the merciless fires of a brutal sacking or suffer the grinding slow death of starvation through siege. Armies clash in the countryside, masses of peasant conscripts thrown into the furnace of war to die in droves alongside foreign sellswords, an endless banquet of gore for the crows that follow the marching armies like malignant clouds. Kings and Queens look on with ambition, greed and zeal in their hearts as new lines on the map are drawn and redrawn, cities lost and taken, towns and villages burned and fields left barren. The land has been consumed by the tide of war and those untouched by the conflict are few and far between indeed.

However, there are those who have sought out this conflict, drawn like those very same vultures to the scent of battle and slaughter. The allure of gold and glory is strong, strong enough to call warriors from across the Continent and beyond. In the port cities, ships full of strange warriors glide across the waves beneath brightly colored sails, rows of armored figures arrayed across the decks. Mounted bands of riders filter through the mountain passes, banners and heads held high as they come. Desperate men and foolish boys sell their few possessions and purchase a shield, tucking a long knife into their belt and marching off to find their glory. From the rocky coasts to the north to the tangled old forests of the west to the scorching deserts of the south, the stream of gold hungry killers seems to have no end.

It is in this seemingly endless conflict that you find yourself. One of thousands, of tens of thousands drawn to this titanic conflict sparked by the petty squabbles of greedy nobles. Whether you will be one of the lucky few who come out better than you started has yet to be seen.

>Where are you from?

>I hail from across the sea, a Zakanian Sword-Brother trained to fight with spear and blade.

>I hail from the harsh reaches of the Northlands, A Reaver born to wage war against any worthy foe.

>I’m from the Continent, Tyrinia to be exact. There was nothing left after my village was burned and pa always said I was a good fighter.

>I’m from the Continent, I fought with the Silver Spurs all across the land. This isn’t my first war and it won’t be my last.

>I hail from the southern deserts of Al-Makhim. The sands call me back home but not until i have my fortune.

>I am none of these (feel free to write in your own suggestion/creation)
>>
>>4543710
>I’m from the Continent, I fought with the Silver Spurs all across the land. This isn’t my first war and it won’t be my last
>>
>>4543710
>Custom
>I hail from across the sea, the isle of Estaric are my home. A true son on Estar versed in both sling and spear.
>>
>>4543710
>I’m from the Continent, I fought with the Silver Spurs all across the land. This isn’t my first war and it won’t be my last.
>>
>>4543710
From the wilderness, sole survivor of a bandit attack as a child, went almost feral but is acclimating to society again
>>
>>4543716
+1
>>
>I’m from the Continent, I fought with the Silver Spurs.

This wasn’t your first war, not even your second or third and gods be damned it won’t be your last. You’ve fought and killed in every kingdom, territory and far flung wasteland from the Frostlands to the Ebon Isles. You learned your trade in the Silver Spurs, the Nymerian mercenary company. The thunder of hooves, the screaming howls of blood hungry lancers, the sudden shocking impact as a charge met a unguarded flank, you became familiar with all aspects of the life of a mercenary from a young age. Under Captain Darian, you’d risen from a humble spearman to a heavy lancer, armored head to heel, driving gleaming steel into your foes at a full gallop.

It had been a good life for a while, up until a foolish order sent you all into a ambush. Pikemen had sprung from the trees on either side of the forest trail while arrows fell like rain. Those of you that escaped the bloodbath drifted around, selling your sword arms to petty lords and barons wherever you could. The teachings of Captain Darian served you well in the border squabbles and engagements against the raiders of the north and the beastmen of the woodlands, your skill and determination driving your reputation higher and higher with your employers and temporary compatriots. You’re not picky about who, what or where you fight, as long as you’re well paid and the twat in charge isn’t a complete fool.

>Where do you find yourself?

>The City of Talarad has been heavily contested, besieged for the last two months. Something must break soon (Attacker or Defender)

>The Beastmen from the Old Forest have become bold. Defending against their encroachments falls on the scattered garrisons throughout the west.

>The Magi of Ravensept have thrown their support behind your employers opposition. The island fortress must be taken.

>The northmen are taking advantage of the chaos, sailing south to raid and pillage. Your employer requires his lands defended while his army is afield.

>You’ve been turned loose into the Tyrinian countryside to burn villages and harass their forces for as long as you can. You’re little more than a hired thug but you’re your own boss.

>Other (we don’t like these options, make up more OP)
>>
>>4543812
>>The northmen are taking advantage of the chaos, sailing south to raid and pillage. Your employer requires his lands defended while his army is afield.

Last thing we need is scavengers and opportunists making things worse.
>>
>>4543812
>You’ve been turned loose into the Tyrinian countryside to burn villages and harass their forces for as long as you can. You’re little more than a hired thug but you’re your own boss
>>
>>4543812
>The northmen are taking advantage of the chaos, sailing south to raid and pillage. Your employer requires his lands defended while his army is afield.
Kill all snow monkeys.
>>
>>4543812
>>You’ve been turned loose into the Tyrinian countryside to burn villages and harass their forces for as long as you can. You’re little more than a hired thug but you’re your own boss.
Kill and pillage!
>>
>>4543812
>>You’ve been turned loose into the Tyrinian countryside to burn villages and harass their forces for as long as you can. You’re little more than a hired thug but you’re your own boss.
>>
>The raiders of the Tyrinian countryside.

Your current employer, a certain Lord Favre has been charged to harass the countryside of Tyrinia, burning fields, raiding villages and attacking outposts to distract the Tyrinian war effort. A man with more gold than able warriors, Lord Favre made the wise choice to hire as many mercenaries as he could afford. Disposable and deniable, they would afford him the ability to complete his task without bothering to engage in any risk himself.

And so it was that you came to the verdant forests and rolling fields of Tyrinia, the breeze bringing the smell of meadows and wildflowers, fields of grain and corn waving in the distance, so far unsullied by the wars that have ravaged the continent. But greasy trails of smoke ooze skyward from behind the marching column of grim faced mercenaries, mail and plate and gleaming leathers smeared with the blood of peasant farmers and eyes gleaming dark and cruel. You and your fellows have been sent to burn this land, paid in gold and set on your way.

And burn it shall.

>Final bit of character creation
>Who are you
>Any additional backstory quirks you guys might like to add?
>Physical description:
>Skills
-Riding (Experienced)
-Lance (Trained)
-Sword (Trained)
-Heavy Armor (Trained)
>>
>>4543857
Male, female or either?
>>
>>4543865
I thought male would be implied but if you all really want to play as a female that’s fine too
>>
>>4543872
I'm fine with anything but I do have a picture ready for female.

>>4543857
>>Who are you
Elinia
>>Any additional backstory quirks you guys might like to add?
Lifelong mercenary. Both parents were mercs when she was born and taught her everything.
>>
>>4543886
I'll take it.
>>
>>4543886
This will do.

How Tomboy are we going?
>>
>>4543886
Every single time...

I'll take this but in the male variety. I'd like this quest to last.
>>
Gotta put a pause on this anons, had a friend call me and I’ll be indisposed for a while. Quest will resume when I get back later, feel free to use the time to create character ideas if you want to otherwise our lifelong female merc wins
>>
File: Fighter.jpg (55 KB, 564x846)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
Playing female in these settings is a 100% quest-killer in my book, and usually very early.

Name: Lionel Hardy
Physical description: 6'2, in decent shape, scar over right eye
Additional Background: 4th son of a minor noble, knew early on that we had to rely on our own than our parents. Chose a hard life of a soldier over languishing in a castle with no prospects.
>>
>>4544073
Alternative Names:
Thomas 'Tom' Hawkins
Roland Spears
>>
>>4544073
+1
>>
>>4544073
Could have been a merchant or trader and gotten rich.

I'll support this.
>>
>>4544073
Supporting.
>>
>>4543886
+1
>>
>>4544073
support
>>
>>4544073
This I like.
>>
>>4543886
Support
>>
>>4544073
Support
>>
>>4544073
+1
>>
>>4544073
+1
>>
>>4549431
Lol, thread is dead, dude.
>>
>>4549431
Good job bumping an aborted quest

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.