[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 63 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Last time on System Install: You are David Hammond and you want to be the greatest roguish ranger there ever was. Unfortunately for you however life says no.

Your development of a mutation in your childhood completely changed the vector of your life and it was only due to your hunter mentor Samson that everything didn’t fall apart. He trained you well in archery and somewhat less well in hunting and herblore.

Eventually at the age of 16 you left your village for the port city of Bit’s Rest. Along the way you’ve fought a crazy bitch amongst a field of corpses, failed to protect merchants from bandits and been showered in an avalanche of coconuts by fools who discriminate against mutants.

Some time later you arrived at Bit’s Rest, a city plagued by serial killings however your bad luck (read: shit rolls) continues to plague you as within the last couple days you’ve lost your left arm below the elbow and are now being held by Demon Cultists.

QM Update Schedule: 1-2 posts a day guaranteed, sometimes more

Dice mechanics: 1d16. 3 rolls. Best of 3 is used outside combat. In combat each individual 1d16 effects combat in different ways. Skills and some Abilities provide bonus mods to rolls. Training provides rerolls. Figuring out ??? provides +1 to that roll. Due to some contention players may vote to switch to 2d8 3 rolls format this thread.

Archives: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=System%20Install%20Quest

Main Character Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/aNG9i4v3
>>
>>4542894
You awaken in a luxurious bed within some kind of well decorated cave.

To your side is what appears to be a young woman with flowing black hair and a gorgeous figure. Unfortunately this is all ruined by the deep black eyes filled with madness sunken into their sockets. What the fuck happened? Where the fuck are you? And who the fuck is this?

You attempt to use your arms to rise up only to notice you were MISSING YOUR LEFT ARM FROM THE ELBOW DOWNWARDS. You almost begin hyperventilating however strangely instead of going into shock you find yourself impossibly calm. You may not remember much from your herblore lessons with Samson but its clear you’re under some kind of calming drug.

You begin to form words to question the woman besides you however she interrupts you by speaking first in an almost religious tone.

“Welcome chosen to the headquarters of the Eternal Soul branch of the Demon Cultists. We have been awaiting one such as yourself. Join us and I promise you won’t regret it for we shall bring salvation upon all the souls of first this city and with time the world.”

Demon cultists? Oh fuckity fuck. You may be confident in yourself a lot of the times but you’re no fool. You are so so so fucked. Without the drug you would probably be much more stressed.

However maybe this isn’t as bad as you think, after all, mutants such as yourself receive much discrimination so maybe Demon Cultists were just being discriminated too?

“Just to make sure but the serial killings that have been happening in the city wasn’t your people’s doing right?” you ask with a small amount of hope that you’ve completely misunderstood them.

“Yes, we were directly responsible for the serial killings over the last few days. I was even the one who directly responsible for the deaths and the messages written with blood and guts. A sad affair really but necessary one nonetheless” She easily answers you and crushes any hope you may have had.

Once again you feel the need to point out that you are fucked however the drug they used to calm you down prevents you from feeling anything outside a somewhat factual understanding that you were probably going to die horribly.

“What the fuck is wrong with you people? Do you get off on killing? Is it for your demon masters? Just why?” you ask in confusion. The growing fear within your chest means whatever calmness drug they used on you is lessening. You debate making a run for it but you don’t even know where the fuck you are or how many people you’d have to face.

1/2
>>
>>4542897
Pulling a knife from behind her skirt, the woman with the maddening eyes paradoxically states with absolute calmness

“If I were someone who enjoyed killing, I’d plunge this knife into your chest and just barely wound the throat. The blood flowing from your arteries would flood into your lungs and you’d die within an hour. I’d also get to enjoy watching you literally drowning within your own blood…however do I really look like I enjoy killing?

No It’s because I VALUE life that I and we must kill. For what we are doing is to save the eternal soul of humanity, the mere transience of flesh is of no value.

Have you never wondered what aether is? Have you never wondered why only deaths of sentient beings will increase your Install? The System is the greatest evil of the Sysadmins who in their foolishness threw away the eternal for the transient.

Anyhow, that’s offtopic, will you join us or will you not? If you join us we will even provide you with an elixir to restore your lost arm.”

You have no idea what she’s talking about, whatever the case you need to decide what to do.
>Pretend to accept her offer to join the Demon Cultists than escape
>Refuse to accept her offer to join the Demon Cultists
>Buy some time by asking her for information (write in what info) and asking for more time to decide, maybe something will change with time?
>Actually accept her offer to join the Demon Cultists
>Write in
>>
>>4542900
What would be required of me if I joined you?
>>
>Refuse to accept her offer to join the Demon Cultists

Fuck this I'm out
>>
>>4542900
>What would joining you entail? I'm not really a fan of leaving messages with guts and blood.
>>
>>4542900
>>Refuse to accept her offer to join the Demon Cultists

Don't change the roll mechanics. I like how risky the current system is. It means we have to think and prepare before fights. We can't just play murderhobo.
>>
If we get our second install whilst we’re still missing an arm we could potentially try to go for a ghost limb skill
>>
what killed all the players for this quest?
>>
>>4542900
support >>4543263
>>
>>4543263
+1
>>
>>4542922
>>4542982
>>4543263
>>4543467
>>4543586
>>4544119
>Ask question about what joining entails into refusal
Sorry anons, I've been busy with real life stuff. I had already finished writing half of it yesterday night but had to leave it unfinished until like 20 mins earlier. At time of writing it was 2-2 refuse vs more information which is what the post is based on.

You need more information about the Demon Cultists before you can make a decision. However you were heavily leaning towards refusal as you were not especially enthused by an organisation that commits serial killings and writes messages in blood + guts. Plus you were pretty sure the woman here was insane, it’s not that she had a few screws missing in her head, it was more like the woman had too many screws jammed in her head. You question her on the nature of the organisation and what would be required of you if you join.

She explains that the organisation known as the Demon Cultists is in reality 3 different factions working together for mutual benefits. Her Eternal Soul faction was dedicated to saving the souls of people and bringing down the 3 Sysadmin false gods. The Mutants faction fundamentally hates all non-mutants and wants revenge for the many mistreatments mutants receive. Finally the Penance Seekers was a secretive group that held much knowledge + artefacts of the Before and was the only faction that truly wanted to bring back the Demons.

Whilst she’s happy to explain some things, she refuses to explain the exact details of the reasons behind the serial murders and messages in blood unless you joined.

Also she explains clearly that if you were to join, you would not be required to participate in any of their operations or risk yourself for you were a “sprout of superbia”. No instead they would give you every benefit and resource to push you as many Installs as possible all whilst you remained in safety.

Unfortunately as tempting as that offer may be to others, it has no sway over you at all. There was no way someone who would one day become one of the greatest heroic roguish rangers would accept joining with a bunch of mysterious serial killers. Plus you simply didn’t trust the woman who paradoxically waxes on about “salvation” yet engages in such horrific serial killings.

“I refuse to join. Sorry but no way I’m joining you bunch of wackjob murderers.” You taunt venomously. You were probably going to die but so what about it? You’d rather die than betray your ideals and values of heroism.

“That is unfortunate, it’ll take some effort to retrieve the Seed of Vaingloria from you and of course it’s a setback that we lost a possible Sprout of Superbia. However I do not begrudge your choice… just as you cannot begrudge me mine.” She calmly replies to your taunt before she shouts out an order “Take him to the sacrificial altar, we need to remove the Seed.”

1/2
>>
>>4544168
Sacrificial altar? You aren’t going to just let them take you for some kind of sacrifice. You leap out of the bed in a last ditch effort to escape however the woman casually disappears from her spot and appears in front of you in a dazzling display of speed. A quick fist slamming into your guts and you fall into unconsciousness.

You awaken chained to some kind of stone table with a group of black robed cultists wielding daggers chanting over you a single phrase

“All is justified for salvation. All is justified for salvation. All is justified for salvation. Etc.”

Looks like you were going to die. Did you?

Roll 1d16

Best of 3

1-8: You’re about to die but PLOT happens (????), of course the demon cultists knew about this and was prepared, even with PLOT bonuses you will still likely die (prepare for chargen again with new character)
9-12: The city guards have finally found the demon cultists eternal soul faction base and are attacking it, the ritual is slowed down whilst many of the cultists deal with the guards (1-8 option happens but you have a significantly higher chance of survival)
13-16: The noble lord of the city is personally involved in the attack against the demon cultists eternal soul faction base, the ritual is completely stopped as all cultists are needed to attempt to deal with it (lucky you)
>>
Rolled 3 (1d16)

>>4543467
>It means we have to think and prepare before fights.
It's really not as simple as that when preparing a system, but I don't begrudge the harsh consequences.

>>4544172
big dice energy, this kid cannot stop mouthing off
>>
Rolled 3 (1d16)

Wasn't expecting Yes/No resolution already... was actually interested in joining them. Oh well.
>>
>>4544172
>>
Rolled 5 (1d16)

>>4544231
Work
>>
Rolled 15 (1d16)

>>
>>4544181
>>4544212
>>4544235
Are we out of rerolls?
>>
>>4544239
Yes
>>
>>4544240
Wouldn't the 15 save us or I'm wrong because we got fucked pretty hard in this situation
>>
>>4544181
>3
>>4544212
>3
>>4544235
>5
>>4544240
No rerolls left

Seriously? Well better start hashing together a new character anons, give me some concept options, I am NOT doing a super extended chargen again if our hero dies. Update in 5-6 hours.
>>
>>4544252
Do we have any chance of not getting killed here?
>>
>>4544252
Jesus, what a shitshow. I won't say the players are blameless here but this is not how to run a fun quest
>>
>>4544252
If we're still starting as a 10 year old, I'm angling for either the blacksmith girl or some alchemist kid.
>>
>>4544252
Our MC not even dead yet and you are already asking for new character concepts? Honestly for the last few choices it feels like you have been deliberately pushing for David's death, your efforts becoming more overt with each consequent update.
>>
>>4544264
About 50/50 but unlike deaths before this, its a true one which won't be saved by PLOT.

>>4544270
Players picked the most dangerous option every fucking time than low rolled on top of that.

They low rolled and encountered cultists whilst on patrol, they low rolled during the fight and didn't retreat when they could've when their build is retreat focused. They chose the most dangerous option of collapsing a building whilst blind (which was specifically labeled as high chance of injury), then they rolled bad for that option too than after all that they chose to refuse a bunch of cultists which has already been mentioned to be willing to commit serial killings and write message with blood and guts. They rolled bad for that too. Its not one bad roll, its a whole series of horrid rolls and choices that has led to the current situation.

I think its half my fault because I mentioned the first time you die you won't actually really die so players have been reckless.

>>4544289
I havn't decided yet if we start at 10 or 16.

>>4544309
I've never pushed the players any particular way, like I said from the start. I despise stories where power of friendship and feelings somehow decide fights. This is why fights are always decided by skills, tactics and luck. If you guys keep choosing to take risks than fail those risks with low rolls than there WILL be consequences. I'm asking for new character concepts just in case, theres a 50/50 you will die next fight even after the power boost from your Sprout of Superbia Blooming since the demon cultists have the relevant knowledge and are completely prepared for your "powerup".
>>
>>4544320
I don't necessarily agree with them, but I will point out that "Guard Patrol" to me implied a fairly safe walk through the city, with the most dangerous bit being a jog through the slums.

It didn't really include interviewing strangers. Alone. Without knowing how to call for reinforcements(since presumably you would want that for people declaring that they might get valuable information)
>>
>>4544320
I understand your intention is to make encounters serious but the outcome is we all have been pushed into corner by this d16 system. We are all being frustrated for no good reason.

As it is right now, current mechanics are too random plus there are no bonuses for write-ins except the ??? system. It just feels like theres little player agency, like no matter what we do the outcomes will remain too unpredictable.

Suppose we adjust our behaviour to this system, aka we stop picking dangerous options. This would mean we would actively try to avoid interacting with the world. Not only evading combat encounters, but any kind of situation where roll may be used (remember the chest roll in which we wouldve blow our hand off just by being unlucky with one 1d16?). Do you think this would be good for the quest?

If things stay as they are right now we will be rolling new characters at the start of each thread. If the general expectation will be MCs can die easily plus knowing theres always option of making new character people will stop giving a fuck and start voting recklessly. And that will lead to quest dying.

These are my 2 cents but whatever, perhaps Im the only one here feeling this way.
>>
>>4544364
No I also agree with you.
>>
>>4544364
Stop whining, this is fun. It gives an old-school DND feel.

If we're going to make a new character I would suggest a paladin archetype, we fight for one of the three sysadmins. No mutations this time.
>>
>>4544320
If we are currently in deep shit, may I suggest a strategy? In the case of an opening, rip one of their throats out with our jaws. I presume we won't have enough time for second install but if we do we will be on more equal footing and will have one less cultists chasing us either way. The suprise chomp should be our opening move because we don't want to be anywhere near these fucks and should leg it if we can, and reducing the number of people chasing is worth more than having an ace up our sleeves in the case we are cornered.
>>
“Remember to be ready when he Blooms, instantly cut off his head and transfer the Seed once it happens” orders one of the black hooded cultists who’s voice you recognise as the woman who talked with you earlier.

You struggle against the chains binding you to the stone table however the chains are solid steel and your efforts are largely worthless. The many black hooded and black cloaked cultists surrounding you each pulls out ritual daggers with strange designs as their chanting reaches a fervour. Fuck fuck fuck.

Seeing the blade makes you renew your struggle pointlessly however you can do nothing as you watch the cultists plunge their blades repeatedly into your body. You scream at first but it quickly turns into a blood filled gurgle as within moments you’ve been stabbed a dozen times.

Your last thoughts as you fade into darkness is that YOU CAN’T END LIKE THI-.

---------------

You are in an endless black void, so dark that you cannot even see your own body. Is this what death is like? Did you die so easily without achieving anything? No it can’t end like this, not in a place like thi-

“No you aren’t dead, not yet at least so stop your incessant whining. As a child who carries Superbia you seem to sorely lack a backbone and confidence. Hopefully I’ll be able to change that so you at least die with a bit of dignity”

You hear a feminine voice and yet glancing all around the endless black void you see nought one bit of her presence.

“Ahh that’s because you’re currently inside of me in a sense. Your aether or rather what your kind used to call souls is currently inside one of my sprout that has grown within you from the seed you stole from that girl.”

Seed? Sprout? There’s those terms again. Also you’ve never stolen any seeds from any girls.
“Did you forget already? You killed the corpse eating child of acedia and stole her seed of vaingloria when you took in her aether. That seed has grown into a sprout of superbia and you are on the cusp of having it bloom.”

Now you remember, who knew all this trouble would happen just because you killed one crazy corpse eating bitch. Now you’re stuck talking to some kind of demon who’s probably going to bargain for your soul or something.

“I find that term ‘demon’ insulting, our kind travelled the stars on our bioships for a thousand of your human generations before you even left your home planet, we deserve better than to be called such derogatory terms by mere up-jumped mammals. No way for ones such as yourself to even pronounce my truename but if you must refer to me than at least call me a space dryad like what your people did back when we warred over a thousand times a thousand systems.”

You have no idea what she’s talking about but apparently the demon is a “space dryad” type demon. You wonder when she would make the bargain for your soul.

1/2 FUCK WORD LIMIT
>>
>>4544580
“Oh for TreeMother Ağaç Ana’s sake. Okay you primitive idiot, listen up, I’ll even use examples you can understand.
Overwhelming charisma like the founder of your country Ray Apache.
Strength beyond strength like the Badlands ruler Creighton the Fang.
Wise like the sage Kirches who mastered all 8 true magics in a single night.
Fleetfooted and uncatchable like infamous phantom thief Erick.

Do you want to be a hero like them?”

The answer is out of your mouth before you even spent a second on consideration. “Yes, even if I have to sell my soul to a demon like you. I want to become not just a hero like them but a hero surpassing them. I’ll become the greatest roguish ranger hero in the world.”

“How fitting for Superbia…Anti-System Protocol Alpha D-2: Hidden Thorn Engage. I’ll even throw in a bonus extra Skill so you have a better chance. Good luck.”

You feel something Bloom within you, as if something was added to you, no more like something within you was suddenly complete. Your status suddenly showcases itself in front of you in a thousand red popup warnings all saying one message.

WARNING USER HAS BEEN CONTAMINATED.
SENDING REPORT TO LOCAL SYSADMIN…REPORT FAILURE.
WARNING WARNING.
SENDING REPORT TO LOCALISED EXTRASOLAR FLEET… REPORT FAILURE.
WARNING WARNING.
ATTEMPTING DESTRUCTION OF USER AETHER… USER AETHER DESTRUCTION FAILURE.

Power thrums within you as your status pops up and whilst most of it is the same, you notice two changes. The first was you had a new Skill named Pride.

ṕ̵̤̙̠̳̞͓̳̏̒͑̀͝r̷̛̛̦̗͎̞̘͑̎̽͌̎́͟i̴̧̳̼̯̰̣̩̳̓̐̈̏̕̚̕̚͡͝ͅd̡̖͙͙͕̟̥͓̾̍̎̾͛͂͊̚͝é (error): User surpasses the MANA System and may interfere in Aether. Unlocks all skill locks.

The second was you noticed:

>You had a new Skill named Untouchable Pride
>You had a new Skill named Dominating Pride
>You had a new Skill named Disdainful Pride
>Write in (format is ______ Pride, you may choose name but not what the skill does or the ability gained)
>>
>>4544581
>Undeniable Pride
>>
>>4544581
Unending pride
>>
>>4544581
>You had a new Skill named Untouchable Pride
>>
>>4544581
>>You had a new Skill named Dominating Pride
>>
>>4544662
Seconding, Escanor time.
>>
>>4544761
Praise the sun
>>
>>4544662
+1
>>
>>4544952
If this turns out to be some endless solar scorching aura that would be funny
>>
>>4544662

Support.

And guys even though qm has a kinda dumb system you anons took incredibly retarded choices. YOU WERE CAPTURED BY DEMON CULTISTS AND JUST FLAT OUT REFUSED THEM. Wtf did you think was gonna happen? The serial killers will just let you go???
>>
>>4545071
I mean....... Kinda
>>
>>4544590
>>4544662
>>4544697
>>4544720
>>4544761
>>4544977
>>4545071
>Unending pride
Unending Pride was the Skills name and the Ability was called Fiery Rebirth. You take note of the ridiculous effects this Skill and related Ability provides as with a flash of light you find yourself once again awake and alive on the stone table surrounded by demon cultists.

You smile in confidence with your newly gained powers however the cultists were clearly ready for you. Before you can even react, a blade chops down and separates your head from your body and you die. Ignoring your corpse, they begin discussing amongst themselves

“Who do you think received the Seed?” “Man that was tiring, who’s up for some food, my treat” “Let’s celebrate finding a seed with an orgy” “Feels bad for the kid but you gotta do what you gotta do” “Man if only that noble brat Lily hadn’t escaped, she was perfect for Acedia” “Wonder if they’ll starve us like her to try and make us gain Acedia” etc.

None of the regular cultists were paying attention to your corpse much less your head so they did not notice your head was very much still alive and with muttered words “Fiery Rebirth” your head and body explodes in a fiery explosion of flame. The only one who noticed this was the woman with the insane eyes who you had talked with earlier.

4/8 Mana

The woman with the insane eyes attempts to shout a warning to her fellow cultists but it’s too late. Countless cultists are caught in the explosion of flame and are left in various states of dead and dying. There was cultists who caught the brunt of the explosion and were now just charred corpses just as there was cultists who were further away and now were running around in circles aflame.

Of the dozen cultist that existed, there was less than 5 remaining unharmed as well as the woman with the insane eyes.

10/10 towards Second Install

6/100 towards Third Install

Please pick your upg-
1/2
>>
>>4545486
You ignore the message as you stand up butt naked and stretch with both your arms and your tail with a yawn. That was about as easy as expected, time to wipe out the rest of this trash.

You smirk towards the remaining cultists as you crack the knuckles on both hands. This was all thanks to your new Skill Unending Pride and the Ability from it Fiery Rebirth.

Unending Pride: You cannot truly die or lose consciousness as long as some amount of your brain remains intact. As a side effect you do not need sleep and are immune to most spells that effect your consciousness. //$%^@!+* note: Enjoy the gift, it’s not a Skill like the ones made by your “Sysadmins” so there’s no correction percent and it cannot be upgraded. Oh and its also completely undetectable that you have this Skill unless the one attempting to view it was at least 6th Install.

Fiery Rebirth: For 4 mana you can revive fully in an explosion of flames. All wounds and injuries are healed upon revival. //$%^@!+* warning: I strongly recommend you improve your Stability as the amount of times you can revive is based on your mana and your mana is based on your Stability

You are completely naked and unarmed however you still have confidence you can win this fight vs the remaining demon cultists. Is your confidence well founded your confidence is not well founded but IC you're very very overconfident from your new abilities?

Your HP: 16/16
Your Mana: 4/8

>Write in tactics (e.g. focus on specific target or use your x skill, there are 5 mook cultists and the high priestess left, your newfound arrogance and confidence means you cannot retreat, you are completely unarmed and naked, note you have reached Second Install and if you don’t finish the fight fast enough than you may develop mutations)
>>
>>4545489
Will upgrading stability refill mana?
>>
>>4545526
In a sense because stability will increase max mana.
As an example say you dump 4 unused aether into stability, that increases your max mana by 4 so you'd have 8/12 mana.
>>
>>4545489
We're really bad at hand to hand but its also the only way we're getting in range for bites and exploding
>Run around to build up speed and buy time to put 4 points in Stability
>Do a running tackle into the closest cultist with a weapon we can use, tanking any hits to bite his neck off.
>Save any tripping or grappling actions with the tail for the leader lady, if we can bite even just her leg she'll have a tough time running away from another explosion

>>4545547
What are the weapons on the corpses? Any bows in usable condition?
>>
>>4545489
Will we develop skills based on how we fight?
>>
>>4545489
Use vein sight to target arteries precisely with our bites until we can get an actual weapon
>>
>>4545561
Explosion of flames meant theres nothing to really loot from the dead corpses of the cultists. They were carrying iron ritual daggers but the explosion of flames meant the daggers are unusable. I mean technically you could pick up the heated half melted iron daggers. You can always heal your hands after the fights over.
>>4545570
Smart anon but yes you will develop 1 Skill from how you fight. You have 7/8 normal Skill slots filled so depending on how you fight you will develop a related Skill.

I'm busy once more, update in 3-4 hours. Feel free to plan until than.
>>
>>4545574
We can also use totally not spiderman to run up walls and scurry around on the ceiling before dropping down and biting cultists. Like the nasty little monster we are.

My last idea would be to go full berserker mode, trying to do as much damage before dying while they're all grouped around us to hit them with another rebirth explosion. But we'd have to have 4 mana at the time of death which is pretty limiting
>>
>>4545579
Wait so we dont get more slots? Hahafuck our options arent good.

Grappling, evasion, defense, biting, punching. No time to pick up a heavylifting skill
>>
>>4545489
Hmmmm.

Focus on the cultist closest to us. Use Running and grab the cultist(catch them off guard of course). With Structural Analysis, bash the weak points with the cultist's head. Whether it works or doesn't work, it's good as a distraction. Maybe attempt to bravado ourselves out of this, and maybe grow a Deception related skill as well.

Oh, and get the cultist's weapon if they have it too. Won't get a Skill but hey, at least you have a pointy thingie
>>
>>4545640
By the way QM, can we get a map of where everyone's located?
>>
>>4545640
Structural doesnt work that way, and head bash is going to leave MC disoriented for the other 5 guys
>>
File: systemquestvscultists.png (258 KB, 891x472)
258 KB
258 KB PNG
>>4545561
>>4545574
>>4545592
>>4545640
>The plan
Whilst you are confident in your success, you understand even with your new Skill and Ability that you will need. Your thoughts race as you come up with a somewhat feasible plan.

Here's your step by step plan:

First use Run Away + Parkour + Totally Not Spiderman to scurry up walls and ceilings whilst buying time to pump 4 out of 8 unused aether into Stability to increase max mana. Make it look like you're trying to escape to attract the cultists.

After that use Vein Sight to identify arteries of the cultists and surprise tackle + bite one of them to death. Once they're dead you'll pick up their iron dagger so you have a weapon.

After that go berserk without regard to injuries taken to try and take down the rest of the regular cultists. You have the advantage of not needing to worry about injuries unlike them. You'll need to avoid any spells from their leader whilst killing the regular cultists. Best case scenario you kill them without burning your revive, best case scenario they're all dead without you needing to suicide bomb them.

Once the mooks are dead, you'll charge their leader and use your tail to trip them than aim to injure her legs. You'll than suicide bomb her if you can still suicide bomb. If you lack the mana than you'll just have to try and kill her normally.

1/2
>>
>>4545748
Some notes: No need to roll for buying time whilst putting points in Stability due to Totally Not Spiderman usage. You are assured to kill all the regular cultists due to your plan.

Health is of less importance than mana due to Fiery Rebirth which sets it back to 16 each time. It still matters since you're forced to Fiery Rebirth if your hp drops to 0.

Its 1v5 so no bonuses from fighting like an insane berserker and without regard to your injuries

Your Hp: 16/16
Your mana 8/8

Priestess hp: 16/16

1d16

3 rolls

1st 1d16 determines any damage you take killing the regular cultists and whether you're forced to Fiery Rebirth
1: You take a massive amount of damage due to your overconfidence and are forced to Fiery Rebirth (You cannot fully succeed your second roll)
2-4: You take a decent amount of damage and due to bad luck you don't find a chance to grab a weapon (-8hp and still unarmed)
5-8: You take some decent amount of damage (-8hp and you are now armed with a iron dagger +1 to second roll)
9-16: All the cultists are slaughtered whilst dealing minor damage at best to you (-4hp and you are now armed with a iron dagger +1 to second roll)

2nd 1d16 determines how well your plan works against the high priestess cultist leader. You receive a +0 from your tricks with your tail as shes too used to creatures with tails as she often shapeshifts into a cat.
1: You fail to achieve your goals and are massively injured to the point of needing to waste Fiery Rebirth (0 damage dealt, -4mana as you have to Fiery Rebirth)
2-4: You fail to achieve your goals and take a massive amount of damage too (0 damage dealt and -12hp)
5-8: You fail to achieve your goals and take some decent amount of damage too (0 damage dealt and -8hp)
9-12: Whilst you fail to kill her, you still manage to injure her quite badly with Fiery Rebirth (-4 mana and you deal 12 damage to her)
13-16: Your plan works and she dies

3rd roll determines if the guards will arrive next turn.
1-8: No
9-15: Yes
16: Yes and with the noble lord at its head
>>
>>4545650
Then what I meant was to use weak point lol, I thought we could use Structural Analysis and easily find any soft or rusting areas without having to use mana. But yeah, guess it wouldn't work.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d16)

>>4545761
>>
Rolled 14 (1d16)

>>4545761
>>
>>4545761
That mana should be 8/12, not 8/8.
Anyhow:
>>4545767
>>4545768
>Managed to kill all the cultists solo including a 3rd Install high priestess and do it fast enough mutations won't even occur due to unspent aether.
Man our hero is just going to become even more overconfident after something like this. Next update tomorrow, gnight anons.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d16)

>>4545761
>>
Rolled 2 (1d16)

>>4545768
Damn son

>>4545761
Now we'll see if we meet the lord butt naked
>>
>>4545793
lmao, so close
>>
>>4545761
you alive QM?
>>
>>4546770
Yes, post will will be done within next hour or two when I have time. It hasn't even been 24 hours since last post yet anon. /qst/ is a slow board and like I said in OP, its definitely one post per day.
>>
>>4545767
8: You take some decent amount of damage (-8hp and you are now armed with a iron dagger +1 to second roll)
>>4545768
14+1: Your plan works and she dies
>>4545793
15: Yes

Whilst the cultists were still surprised and gathering their wits, you start sprinting towards the cave’s exit as if you were attempting to escape. “Get him, don’t let him escape!” Calls out the high priestess with the maddening eyes. Any of her previous calm was clearly gone.

Thinking you were attempting to escape the 5 regular cultists chase after you, you note some of the cultists were even using Skills and Abilities to rapidly close in on you such that even with your Run Away Ability could not outdistance them. The cultists start making organized maneuvers such that they would be able to block the exit and surround you. Fools.

Rather than run towards the exit you instead run towards a cave wall without slowing down in the slightest. Activating Totally Not Spiderman (3/8 mana) you sprint up the walls of the cave. The cultists are surprised by your tactic however they quickly reorganise themselves.

“Syllogism: Self – This hair is from a human, hearts are from a human, and therefore this hair is a heart”

In the distance the high priestess cultist wasn’t idle as she morphs what appears to be one of her hairs into a human heart.

“Sympathy: Voodoo” She crushes the human heart as she calls out her spell whilst pointing at you.

Your Stability has failed to resist a foreign Will effect.

You feel your heart burst in your chest but it doesn’t even slow you down in the slightest due to your Unending Pride. Unless they destroyed your brain, most damage didn’t even particularly effect you much at all. You give the high priestess cultist a smug smile and you’re rewarded with her swearing loudly.

When she doesn’t attempt the same attack again due to thinking it was ineffective, you heave a small sigh of relief. Whilst you are confident in your victory, it would have been troublesome if she targeted your eyes or limbs. Luckily she was too smart for that and immediately believed any further long range attacks with Sympathy was useless versus you.

Meanwhile luckily none of the normal cultists have Skills that can affect you whilst you are running along the walls and ceiling. One of the normal cultists however starts scribbling some kind of rune onto the ground with his knife. Some kind of mage cultist? You’ll kill that one first. Half concentrating on running along the walls and ceilings, you open your status.

Please pick your upgrades now that you have reached Second Install.
1/?
>>
>>4546864
You quickly read through the explanation to make sure theres no issues. After that you quickly dump 4 points into Stability, whilst the loss of 4 chances to upgrade Skills and Abilities sucks, the 4 bonus points of mana from Stability is way too important for you to care now (7/12 mana).

Whilst you were increasing your Stability, the cultist who was drawing runes on the ground finished drawing his rune as the cultist chants “Physical: Elemental Bender”. A spike made of earth shoots up from the ground however you easily avoid it and instead you use it as a platform to sprint straight at the cultist responsible for the magic. The other cultists quickly move to attempt to block you however you are faster than them.

The mage cultist tries to ward you away with his dagger as he tries to stab you in the neck. You completely ignore the dagger piercing through your neck as you charge into the mage cultist with a tackle. You open your mouth filled with sharp teeth and notice with a smile at the sheer scream of terror the cultist has as you end his life with a quick chomp to his neck. The mage regular cultist is dead in seconds as the other 4 regular cultists rush towards you to try and take you down.

Pulling the knife out of your neck, you give the other 4 regular cultists a shit eating grin as you rush towards them. These cultists aren’t like the farmer turned bandits you faced before, they clearly have multiple combat related Skills and Abilities each. They also far surpassed you in close combat and knife techniques… however none of that mattered one bit.

Attacks meant to kill regular humans, feints meant to force someone to dodge, techniques meant to stun or otherwise disable you and even more varied methods were all useless as you slaughtered the cultists 1 on 4 ignoring all their attacks.

In a berserk like rage you killed them all easily and took only some “minor damage” in return, it seems the cultists were simply not used to fighting someone suicidal like you. All their knife training, techniques and experience simply held them back as not only you were suicidal in your fighting style, you were also immune to attacks meant to kill a normal human.

By your count you’ve been stabbed 15 times in the lungs, 13 times in your heart, 11 times in your stomach and so on and so forth. You were even missing your right hand in its entirety and your face was unrecognisable as a human with how much of your bone was showing and how you were missing most of your left ear.

2/3
>>
>>4546867
You walk nonchalantly towards the high priestess cultist with the maddening eyes who somehow now wields a pitch black sword covered in runes and engravings.

“It is unfortunate they all died before I could complete this but know that your death here is assured for the blade I have created temporarily with Syllogism is the legendary adamantine blade Durandal which can cut through anything.” She speaks with cool confidence as if her win is assured.

Clearly she hasn’t been idle as you killed her subordinates however you are still completely relaxed, after all it doesn’t matter what she has or what she does. Your victory is already assured.

The high priestess takes some kind of sword stance with the blade held high however before she can make her move, you sprint straight towards her with arms outstretched as if to tackle her. Of course this was a feint and your real attack was your tail which would trip her.

Unfortunately the high priestess far surpasses you in close combat experience so she can easily avoids both your tackle feint and even your tail surprise attack with no effort. However for all her experience, she had completely shit luck for whilst avoiding your attacks, she accidentally trips over a pebble. She balances herself with only a momentary stumble however that’s more than long enough for you to grab onto her and chomp her shoulder with your teeth. Digging your teeth all the way to her bones, you ignore her grunt of pain as you activate Fiery Rebirth. With no way to escape, the high priestess of Bit’s Rest Eternal Soul faction Demon cultists became
no more than a barely recognisable charred corpse.

You revive with a smug confident grin, that was as easy as you expected. Truly these new powers made you beyond invincible. You begin to relax however you note some distant sounds of footsteps which must be more cultists, you’d better finish your Second Install unused aether before they arrive.

You open your status only to find you had developed a Skill in the fight. What was it?

>Unarmed Combat
>Berserking
>Knifework
>>
>>4546868
>Knifework
>>
>>4546868
>Berserking
it's the only one that deals with raw strength and damage reduction. The other options are decent though.

Unarmed will be most useful assuming all our stuff explodes, while knifework will be good for noncombat stuff as well
>>
>>4546868
>>Knifework
Bow for ranged and knife for melee, like a true rogue/ranger.
>>
>>4546868
As much as I like the other two, knifework is most fitting and might be useful for mundane stuff like woodcarving.
>>
What happened to our bow?
It got destroyed?
>>
>>4547543
I think our items got stripped away
>>
>>4546868
>Knifework
>>
>>4546868
>Berserking
It just fits too well with fiery rebirth
>>
>>4546878
>>4546888
>>4546923
>>4546970
3 knife to 1 berserk, knife wins
>>4547543
you have no idea where any of your gear is

You notice you have the knifework Skill, most likely gained when you utilized the knife you took from the cultists.

You have developed Knifework.
Knifework (Basic): 32% correction in using knives and effectiveness of knives
Please choose an ability.
Bleeding Cut: For 1 mana may create a wound with knives that constantly forcibly bleeds
Swiss Army Knife: For 1 mana per 10mins you can shift your knife to a variety of mundane tools you'd find on a swiss army knife such as screwdrivers or can openers
Feinting Cut: Your knifework Skill correction is increased to 128% when feinting.
Piercing Stab: Your knives deal bonus damage against armoured foes and have a low chance of shattering protective skills.

ERROR
Edge Master: For 1 mana per 10mins may apply a kinetic field of force which turns any object held to have a edge. Additionally knifework Skill correction applies to the object. Basically any item whatsoever can be a knife with this Ability. //Sysadmin Jennifer note: I'm banning this Ability due to its widespread abuse, also your naming sucks Bob
Bladekinesis: For 1 mana per 10mins may telekinetically control a blade within 10 metres of user. //Sysadmin note: Banned for abuse beyond expectations, no way to limit Ability to specify only users blades. Also programming for this Ability is extremely badly written, many objects that aren't even blade seem to qualify
ERROR
Huh, you can see the normal 4 choices for abilities but also 2 additional choices. Was this some kind of benefit from the weird Pride Skill you have that talked about unlocking all Skill locks?

You decide to pick the:
>Bleeding Cut
>Swiss Army Knife
>Feinting Cut
>Piercing Stab
>Edge Master
>Bladekinesis

Would this effect every one of your Skills? Now you're kinda excited at the prospect of being able to choose restricted and broken abilities. You have 3 unused Aether. You can choose to use this Aether to increase the tier of a Skill (e.g. from Basic to Intermediate) which will also allow you to choose a new Ability from that Skill. Alternatively you can choose to upgrade an Ability drastically increasing the power of that specific Ability. Finally you can choose to boost your Stats (will, stability, perception, wit).

>Write in choices. I'll include as many from as many different anons as possible. You have 3 unused aether so 3 choices.

short update today as I'm exhausted from work
>>
>>4548052
>>4548055
Woops didn't see you as was writing but result doesn't change.
Even with these votes its 4 knife to 2 Berserk.
>>
>>4548057
>Swiss Army.
As much as the broken abilities seem nice I want our Rouge-Ranger have some versatility and save money at the same time.

>Also, wear some clothes you perv.
>>
>>4548057
>Edge Master
We need an explosion proof arrow. Or sock. Then we'll always have a pretty effective weapon with variable reach.

>Forceful Shot
>Intermediate Knifework
>Edge Master
Boosted forceful should be enough to snap bones, and superknives will give us a proper killing blow
>>
>>4548106
The knife itself is all the versatility you need. Tools are optional if you're really, really good with a blade and stick
>>
>>4548107
Well you do have a point. Changing to this.

>Wear some clothes
I'm still sticking to this choice though
>>
>>4548057
Bleeding Cut: For 1 mana may create a wound with knives that constantly forcibly bleeds

I think this is good because we can stab someone once and then run away.

Upgrade archery, running and parkour. Lets see what kind of OP abilities we can gain from them.
>>
>>4548057
>Bladekinesis

Did you guys even read the description? You can bladekinesis someones own weapons! This is incredibly broken.

Qm can we get a list of our skills so we can properly consider what to upgrade?
>>
>>4548181
>>4548200
That's a good point, changing to bladekinesis. Still voting to upgrade archery, running and parkour.

Our character sheet is here.
https://pastebin.com/aNG9i4v3
>>
>>4548200
>>4548202
Problem with blade kinesis is that we're reliant on what the enemy has, if they arent already exploded.

Theres also scaling. Lots of shitty melted blades is alright, but id prefer one really good blade made of whatever we pick up.
>>
>>4548057
bladekinesis or edge master
>>
huh
>>
>>4549176
now i'm conflicted on what to choose
>>
>>4549177
I would just like the choice to have a plan behind it. I dont care if the plan is to be a badass bladestorm, but it has to actually followthrough with reaching that point.
>>
Sorry anons I'm out with family. I'll be home in around 2 hours and can start writing after.
Currently its looking like:
2 bladekinesis vs 2 edge master.
Also other upgrades seem mixed as well.
I'll roll some dice when I'm home if no further votes.
>>
Rolled 1, 2 = 3 (2d2)

First 1d2
>>4548107
>>4548115
1: Edgemaster
>>4548200
>>4548202
2: Bladekinesis
>>4548296
Either

And for second 1d2
>>4548107
>>4548115
1: upgrade Forceful Shot, Intermediate Knifework, upgrade Edge Master
>>4548202
2: Intermediate Archery, Intermediate Running and Intermediate Parkour.

Finally all seems to be in agreement to wear clothes even when the only clothes around are cultist clothes and you were explicitly told guards are coming. Surely there will be no misunderstandings.

I'm still not at home yet so may be no update today and I'll try for a double tomoz.
>>
>>4549260
NO! Shit! Tie a robe into a loincloth in a haphazard fashion to protect our dignity but not look cultisty
>>
>>4549260
That's a rather rocks fall attitude to take, dude. We don't know if our stuff is to the corner or in an entirely different room, and you could ASK how we want to wear the clothes.
>>
>>4549260
Only one person voted to wear clothes.
>>
>>4549308
I wonder how cultist clothes look like lol. Maybe cut out fabric below the waist so it just looks like a jacket.
>>
You’re of two minds about which Knifework Ability to choose as both the Edgemaster and Bladekenisis sounds extremely useful. In the end you decide on Edgemaster as it’s not reliant on the weapon types an enemy utilises and due to Edgemaster’s sheer flexibility.

You need to quickly use the rest of your unused Aether so you decide to dump it in Archery, Running and Parkour.

You have increased the tier of Archery.
Archery (Intermediate): 64% correction in using bows and effectiveness of bows

Called Shot: For 1 mana per arrow, your arrows have homing and can perfectly target anywhere within line of sight.
Split Shot: For 1 mana per arrow, your arrows can split into additional phantom arrows during flight. These phantom arrows carry all the same effects as the arrow that spawned them. These phantom arrows last around 10 seconds before disappearing.
Piercing Shot: Your arrows deal bonus damage against armoured foes and have a low chance of shattering protective skills.
Sniper: The further away from your enemies, the more damage you deal up to a maximum of 128% correction when further than 10km.

ERROR
Many Shot: For 1 mana per arrow, your arrows can split into additional arrows during flight. //Sysadmin Note: After this collapsed the economy of the Silverian Empire, this has now been replaced by Split Shot.
Veil Piercer: Your arrows deal additional damage to incorporeal enemies such as ghosts, wraiths and shadows //Sysadmin Note: Removed due to damaging local dimensional stability and opening the rift to Dimension Designation C7: Shadow Plane.
ERROR
1/3
>>
>>4550162
You have increased the tier of Running.
Running (Intermediate): 64% correction in running speed and stamina

Haste: Double your speed for 1 mana per 1min. //Sysadmin warning, do not attempt to stack this ability multiple times without some kind of enhanced physique as may result in heart and veins bursting
Charge: Surrounds oneself with Will based mana shielding before alters one’s mass, launching the user at an opponent. //Sysadmin Jennifer note, not to be confused with Charge from the Shield skill or the Charge from the Lance skill or etc. Bob you shithead, use different names for abilities please.
Surefooted: Gain massively increased traction and immunity to most ground based movement impairments (e.g. Oil on ground can’t slip you)
Healthy Jog: Whilst jogging, your wounds heal at 16x the regular speed and your mana regenerates 16x faster.

ERROR
Frictionless: For 1 mana per 1min, may reduce one’s own friction to zero //Sysadmin note: Banned as rather than be used to assist movement, this Ability has been abused way too much as a defensive ability.
Sky Walker: May freely walk in air by creating plates of force beneath ones feet //Sysadmin note: Abuse of this passive Skill in both offense and defense often when combined with Unarmed Combat or kicking related martial art Skills has resulted in its ban. It has now been replaced by the active Skill Wind Walker which does the same but requires 1 mana per use.
ERROR
2/3
>>
>>4550163
You have increased the tier of Parkour.
Parkour (Intermediate): 64% correction in navigating obstacles and movements which involve running jumping and climbing.

Vault: For 1 mana per usage, may jump up to 10x ones height and land safely
Parkour to Victory: For 1 mana per minute, you may know the exact steps necessary to reach from physical location A to physical location B. //Sysadmin Warning: Steps given do not take into account opposing Skills, steps may change moment by moment so you must keep the ability active.
Double Jump: User may double jump. //Sysadmin Warning: Further abuse may result in the removal of this skill for all users, you have been warned
Unrestricted movement: Your Stability counts as doubled when resisting movement impairing skills.

ERROR
Personal Gravity: May freely manipulate increase or decrease one’s own gravity towards any direction with gravitational force (N) depending on Mana spent //Sysadmin Jennifer note: Removed after the collapse of the Jutilya planet in the Revira Prime System. This one’s on me, I should’ve put a limit to maximum mana used. //Sysadmin note: Let this Skill be a reminder to always use a for 1 Mana you can do y format.
Inertia Cancel: May freely cancel one’s personal inertia to do stuff like turning on a dime and moving around tight corners even at high speed without losing speed //Sysadmin note: Too powerful for a passive Ability. Banned and replaced by active ability Inertia Canceller which requires mana usage.
ERROR

After picking the choices, you finally decide to wear some clothes as your awesome naked form is too much for the eyes of others to look upon. With no choice outside the cultists garb, you pick one of the cultists corpses where the clothing is less blood stained and damaged.

With a few rips and tears you’re wearing a haphazard pitch black loincloth and jacket.

Pick one ability for each of the three. The most votes for each choice wins. Another update later tonight in around 4-5 hours.

>Write in which options you want for each choice.
>>
Sounds like manyshot is an arrow duper

Healthy jog will be hilariously broken with fiery rebirth and maybe another upgrade point in it.

Frictionless and Inertia Cancel are just plain hilarious, although MC is of questionable technical skill to pull it off.

Skywalker not costing mana is insane

Personal Gravity can turn us into a literal nuke. What.
>>
>>4550162
Many Shot: For 1 mana per arrow, your arrows can split into additional arrows during flight. //Sysadmin Note: After this collapsed the economy of the Silverian Empire, this has now been replaced by Split Shot.
>>4550163
Sky Walker: May freely walk in air by creating plates of force beneath ones feet //Sysadmin note: Abuse of this passive Skill in both offense and defense often when combined with Unarmed Combat or kicking related martial art Skills has resulted in its ban. It has now been replaced by the active Skill Wind Walker which does the same but requires 1 mana per use.
Inertia Cancel: May freely cancel one’s personal inertia to do stuff like turning on a dime and moving around tight corners even at high speed without losing speed //Sysadmin note: Too powerful for a passive Ability. Banned and replaced by active ability Inertia Canceller which requires mana usage.
>>
>>4550164
Veil Piercer (fuck ghosts)
Healthy jog (become the unkillable jogger)
Parkour to Victory ( Google maps on roids is good)
For some reason I feel like we shouldn't take too many banned abilities or it will draw attention
>>
>>4550162
>Veil Piercer:
Just in case we run into other-dimensional trouble

>>4550163
>Sky Walker
This is incredibly busted lmfao

>>4550164
>Inertia Cancel
This synergizes incredibly with skywalker, we can create a skyplate and step on it with inertia cancel, i don't have a big preference for the first choice but we gotta have these 2 together.
>>
>>4550162
>Manyshot
before we even think about aggroing monsters from the Shadow Realm, MC needs some cash and supplying his blacksmith sis with infinite mithril arrows sounds like a fine choice.

>Sky Walker
I reaaaally want healthy jog, but speccing for reviveplay is not a good idea when we don't have anything explosionproof. Also this goes well with healthy jog anyway.

>Inertia Cancel
Same deal as Sky Walker, Gravity is good if we've got enough mana to use ourselves as a railgun nuke, but that's going to involve a lot more mana regen and even max mana.
>>
>>4550191
>>4550194
>>4550246
>>4550248
>>4550278
Many Shot 2 vs Veil Piercer 2
Sky Walker 3 vs Healthy Jog 1
Inertia Cancel 3 vs Parkour to Victory 1

I'll give it till tomorrow in case any of the other anons want to vote since Many Shot and Veil Piercer are two completely future different paths for the quest.
>>
>>4550162
>Many Shot: For 1 mana per arrow, your arrows can split into additional arrows during flight. //Sysadmin Note: After this collapsed the economy of the Silverian Empire, this has now been replaced by Split Shot.

>>4550163
Frictionless: For 1 mana per 1min, may reduce one’s own friction to zero //Sysadmin note: Banned as rather than be used to assist movement, this Ability has been abused way too much as a defensive ability.

>>4550164

Speedrunner lol.
>>
>>4550295
Okay nevermind anon posts just after I posted, I'll lock it here than.

Your chosen abilities are Many Shot, Sky Walker and Inertia Cancel.

Mobility wise you're probably at the top of 2nd Installs and better than even noble 3rd Installs with the sheer amount of movement abilities you have. I'm surprised Healthy Jog and Personal Gravity was less popular than expected.

So many choices and so little time. In the end you decide that the combo of Sky Walker + Inertia Control was simply too powerful to pass up. Meanwhile Many Shot seemed like easy money making such that even one as uneducated in the economies as you are can understand its value.

You finish choosing your abilities just as a massive group of over 20 guards in full armour enters the cave. You note that their gear is filled with the scratches as if they had just engaged in battle. You also note many of the guards seem injured or tired.

The guards seems surprised by the state of the cave as its filled with corpses and some areas were even still burning. However their surprise quickly turns into rage as soon as they see you. Instantly countless blades leave their sheathes as the guards take a defensive crescent formation against you.

“Hands behind your head cultist scum. If you answer our questions honestly than we’ll give you an easy death which by the by is much more than what trash like you deserve after you just burned half of Bit’s Rest to the ground.” One of the guards snarls out to you with hatred openly burning in his eyes.

However what you focus on isn’t that but rather his information. Half of Bit’s Rest has been burned to the ground? What the fuck?

“Wait wait, I’m not a cultist, in fact I just did you guys a favour and killed these cultists you see here” You quickly attempt to explain that you’re no cultist but the moment you open your mouth, you note that the guards are even more on edge than they were before. Ahh wait you don’t have your face mask with you so they must’ve seen your sharp teeth mutation.

The guard who snarled at you before laughs at your words as he begins a serious of sarcastic questions.

“You’re a mutant? You do understand mutants are extremely common in Demon Cults correct?”

“Yes bu-“ you attempt to answer him but he rebuffs you

“Wearing cultist clothing?”

“It’s only beca-“ ahh fuck.

“Inside the cultist headquarters?”

“Well…”

“Here’s what I think you lying mutant scum, you cultists had some kind of internal conflict than killed each other because every last one of you are insane murderous psychopaths.”

Yeah you’re totally fucked.
1/2
>>
>>4550333
But it’s not over, you remember the Truth Seer Ability the guards once used on you when you entered Bit’s Rest. You ask for them to use it to confirm you’re not a cultist however the Ability fails to affect you however the Truth Seer Ability fails to affect you which just makes the guards even more suspicious.

Fuckity fuck, your Unending Pride Skill must’ve automatically blocked the Ability.

“So our Perception can’t see all your Skills, you’re somehow Second Install at your age and finally you even have some kind of Skill and/or Ability to block Truth Seer. HA, give up cultist scum. You can either accept coming with us quietly and dying peacefully or you can resist and we’ll ensure you’ll die nice and slowly. Personally I’d prefer if you resist you see since your fellow cultists murdered my wife a week ago and just today burned my daughter to death in her house. Their souls will never rest in the peace of the 3 SysAdmin gods if I don’t make you hurt reaaal bad.” Calls out the guard with clear spite.

You’ve got a couple options here, you can either attempt to make a run for it, attempt to fight the guards or maybe just accept coming with them peacefully.

>Run for it (No DC however you “prove” you’re guilty and you become wanted in Bit’s Rest so you’re forced to either leave or lie low)
>Fight the guards (Near Impossible DC, you have almost no mana left, only reason this is even possible is because the guards aren't in top shape too)
>Come with them peacefully (Easy DC to find you innocent which can be lowered further with write ins however you will find your bow Beauty missing when the guards eventually returns your stuff after they looted the cultist base)
>Try and convince them once more (Roll a 16 or write in must be amazing)
>Write in

I'm off to bed, night anons
>>
>>4550339
>Run for it (No DC however you “prove” you’re guilty and you become wanted in Bit’s Rest so you’re forced to either leave or lie low)
This place fucking sucks
>>
>Come with them peacefully (Easy DC to find you innocent which can be lowered

This day sucks
>>
>>4550339
>>Try and convince them once more (Roll a 16 or write in must be amazing)

Tell them that we took a job from the adventurer's guild to investigate the demon cultists and ended up getting kidnapped.
>>
>>4550333
>I'm surprised Healthy Jog and Personal Gravity was less popular than expected.
same, I thought more people would be interested in being a railgun.

>Count the bodies here. How many do you think it takes to reach Second Install? I've killed more cultists than any one of you have the balls to do alone.
>I thought the guards of this city were capable fighters, after fighting alongside that Barney gentleman over at the lighthouse, but to think you can't even handle some First Install chumps that you need to conjure up some internal conflict.
>Declare that you got yourself captured to take down the cultists yourself. Your things were confiscated after you planted enough explosives to kill them and reach Second Install, which got you the skills needed to beat the leader.
hahafuck this is cringey, but basically the only way I see getting out of this is appealing to seem like the "regular" kind of crazy and getting testimony from Barney. If we pretend the mooks were weak and we "only" beat the leader.

>Start looking for your stuff. If they complain, shrug and take off the cultist robes. You need your clothes, and if they don't mind looking at your glorious ass then who are you to deny them?
>Moon them from the air with Sky Walker if they keep complaining
>If we want to save the bow, then mention that we're looking for our cloak, its explosive abilities are worth more than their salaries combined.
I dunno man, it'll be a hard sell even with all this, but it's not like acting like a little shit is grounds to be killed.
>>
>>4550408
Also tell them we took a quest from the guild to look for info about the cultists and got kidnapped from our troubles.
>>
>>4550370
>>4550408
>>4550422
>>4550456
>>4550519
>Convince with write ins
>Took the job from Adventurer's Guild to find cultists and was kidnapped
>However this was all your masterful plan and you somehow bombed the cultists after being kidnapped
Ehh. Maybe you'll roll a 16.

Even through you failed to convince them so far, you're still confident if you just have a bit more time to explain than they will surely understand that you were innocent and not a cultist.

You begin explaining that you were an adventurer who took the job to find the cultists and was kidnapped afterwards. Since the guards gave that job than they should know you're innocent. However the guards respond that they gave that job to the Adventurer's Guild which acted as the middle man and they had little interaction.

You also mention how you allowed yourself to be kidnapped to kill all the cultists with explosives however the guards look at you like you're an idiot. How did you carry explosives and set them up after being kidnapped? You explain you have a powerful magical item... the exploding cloak which you utilized. They question you where this supposed cloak is than if you just used it to kill all the cultists?

At least your mention of the fellow Barney has some impact as the guards seem to know the man as a somewhat well known adventurer. However without the actual person here its not like they can confirm if what you said is true.

Overall the guards don't seem to believe or trust you however your insistence that you're not a cultist and that it can be proved with time makes the guards start to doubt.

Roll 1d16

Best of 3

Write in about adventurers guild +1, write in about Barney +1, I was only pretending to be caught and explosive cloak plan -1.

Overall +1 to this roll.

1-12: They still think you're a cultist and you're forced to flee (you're wanted within Bit's Rest)
13-15: They still mostly think you're a cultist but will at least not torture or otherwise harm you until they confirm if what you said is true. A few guards are sent with you back to town and it's prison. (you're a prisoner so same scenario where Beauty and now also your "Exploding Cloak" goes missing)
16: Your constant confident insistence that you're not a cultist makes some of the guards doubt their beliefs, you're allowed to travel with the guards under guard until they verify what you say (you will accompany the guards whilst they explore/loot the cultist caves)
>>
Rolled 10 (1d16)

>>4551443
meh. Did you hate the explosive thing that much? It's kind of a stretch to steal TWO things from an adventurer, you know.
>>
Can anyone see my posts?
>>
Rolled 3 (1d16)

>>4551443
>>
>>4551520
The items going missing would be greedy corrupt guards finding your stuff in the cultist base and taking it for themselves instead of returning it to you.
Normally they'd just steal the bow but now that you mentioned you have a "explosive super expensive cloak" they'd steal that too.
>>4551528
I see your posts anon.
>>
>>4551560
My point is that it's pretty damn silly to steal everything. You're trying to present it as "YOUR ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES" but this is getting pretty mustache twirly, if you know what I mean.

And that's not even getting to the usual problems of storytelling if you really DO think it's realistic. It works now because of how hard you're leaning on MC being naive, but at some point you're going to have to step in and communicate what is common sense that the MC should know in-setting if the players aren't picking it up.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d16)

>>4551443
>>
>>4551443
Why would we be forced to flea, couldn't we just turn our selves in if they don't believe us and let the investigation figure it out, hell, we shouldn't even give a shit if they go police brutality on us. Why would we be outlawed from bitsrest for this shit? I don't care how corrupt the watch are, they can't not just ask the guild and Barney about this while we are in custody and any mistreatment by the watch we can easily shrug off with endless pride.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d16)

>>4551443
oh boy.
>>
>>4551443
damn. It's alright anons, we can steal our stuff back later
>>
>>4551683
Gonna be a real interesting story for the old man, I guess. He became a bandit, quit out of remorse, gave the bow away, and now the bow is being stolen back by a heroic thief.
>>
>>4551520
>>4551529
>>4551608
10+1=11: They still think you're a cultist and you're forced to flee (you're wanted within Bit's Rest)
>>4551622
Turning yourself in safely was the 13-15 roll result or immediately doing so last vote before the rolls. You guys went for the near impossible convince route so...
Now the guards are too annoyed by your "false claims" and just want to murder you.

Your continued insistence of your innocence seems to enrage the guards as you note with each word you use that the guards hatred of you grows. Surely they will see sense soon?

"You know what, I knew you cultists were crazy but to think you are craven worms who tell bad lies too... Men lets kill this one already. It doesn't seem like this cultist trash will say anything of actual worth." spits out one of the guards which is answered by countless "ayes".

Damn it. Looks like negotiations have completely broken down. You waste no time as you immediately start running away to one of the cavern exits. The guards clearly have expertise chasing down enemies as many of them rush towards you with countless Skills and Abilities. However the sheer difference in mobility between yourself and the guards meant their efforts were near useless.

One of the guards attempted to Charge you however you easily avoided the Ability with a sharp turn utilizing Inertia Cancel to make the turn without even the slightest drop in speed.

Another guard had clearly enhanced super speed and approached you in a blur however you easily avoided him by utilizing Sky Walker to take to the sky.

Those guards without mobility abilities attempted to attack you with long range Skills and Abilities with the most common being the Mental Magic: Order however your Stability easily shrugs off those effects. More mundane attacks like arrows and other projectiles were mostly dodged with only a few arrows actually hitting you. A punctured lung and a bleeding stomach but nothing that particularly mattered due to Unending Pride.

Between your 3 dimensional mobility, your ability to never lose speed in maneuvers and your ability to instantly accelerate, you easily escape the guards even under the barrage of countless Skills and Abilities.

A couple minutes later, you're running along the many underground passages of the cultist base. It takes you a few twists and turns but you soon feel the presence of wind from one of the passages. That way was likely the exit out of the cutlist base however you have yet to find your gear and items.

Should you spend additional time within the cultist base to find your items?

>Search for your items (+all your items, +chance of additional loot, -risk of guards)
>Just leave (+no risk, -all your items)
>>
>>4552804
Search for your items
Grab our stuff, leg it to the adventurers guild, I doubt they won't give proof of our job application and if the do we can always speedy Gonzales away. If the guards are still willing to start shit then I assume the clerk will help. (This entire situation is peak autism and should be resolved before we get the boot from the guild for being a cultist we aren't)(the fact this all started from us not wanting to be in our birthday suit is hilarious)
>>
>>4552864
If they don't*
>>
>>4552864
being naked would probably be a +1 modifier compared to this I guess?
>>
>>4552864
Support and I can't stress this enough f this day
>>
>>4552864
I mean what was stopping them from thinking we were a cultist even without clothes on? The whole thing is stupid as hell
>>
>>4552940
At least we aren't dead
>>
>>4553396
It'd be pretty hard to kill MC now due to the upgrade choices. Not so easy to steal back the stuff if we have to abandon them, but at this point the book and clothes are more valuable than individual weapons.
>>
>>4552804
>>Search for your items (+all your items, +chance of additional loot, -risk of guards)
and this too >>4552864
I think they'll think we're cultists even without clothes. I mean, it is the headquarters of a faction of cultists after all, just with a lower(or possibly higher) dice difficulty. Either way, I don't care.
>>
>>4552864
>>4552893
>>4552903
>>4553714
Unless the guards came in the middle of your sacrificial ceremony, they were always going to presume you're a cultist. The cultist clothing just made the convince roll harder than it should've been.

You decide you need your items even with the possibility of guards. Many of your items are extremely useful and others have sentimental value so theres no way you can just leave your gear.

You intend to quickly grab all your gear than rush to the Adventurer's Guild with the hope that all the issues about you supposedly being a cultist can be solved.

After many twists and turns within the cave tunnels you finally find what appears to be the storage area for the cultists. Most of the items within the room are just ordinary stuff like food or cultist clothing.

You quickly notice all your items in a corner however did you just find your items or did you find something more?

1d16

3 rolls

1st 1d16 determines how much cash you find lying around. You receive +1 from Treasure Sense.
1-4: The cultists are somehow very poor or keep their cash safely elsewhere, you find zilch
5-8: You find some decent amount of silver lying around (+1 gold)
9-12: You find a couple gold within a chest (+5 gold)
13-15: Jackpot, you find their hidden lockbox which easily opens with lockpicking to a fortune (+20 gold)
16: Super jackpot, you find their hidden lockbox which easily opens with lockpicking to a fortune as well as lots of documentation about the cult's activities (+20 gold, +alot of information about the Eternal Soul demon cultist faction)

2nd 1d16 determines if you find anything exotic
1-8: No
9-12: Yes (Silver tier magical dagger, write in any two magical effects it has)
13-16: Yes (Write in any fantasy/sci fi item you want, subject to QM scrutiny)

3rd 1d16 determines if the guards arrive and force you to combat. This is pretty low chance since your mobility/speed far surpasses them so it would require alot of luck for them to catch up to you.
1-4: Yes
5-16: No
>>
Rolled 6 (1d16)

>>4553727
kek lets see if my bad luck carries over here
>>
Rolled 10 (1d16)

>>4553727
>>
>>4553783
I would like to check on support from other anons, but.

>Unbreakable
Durability and Fire resistance

>Surprise knife
Can be summoned to hand from anywhere(hammerspace)
Vampiric

>Can opener
Armor penetration
Friction reduction

>Boring but useful
Glows
Mini item bag in the handle, big enough for a few arrows or something.

>Duelist
Mana storage
Project a Will based shield using mana stored in dagger

Also you know, which of these have to be shot down
>>
>>4553800
>unbreakable
I'm okay with increased durability but not actual "unbreakable" weapons.
>surprise knife
No to the summon from anywhere and hammer space
>Can opener
both are fine
>Boring but useful
No to the item bag, dimensional fuckery in general is 6th Install plus normally.
>Duelist
Mana storage would be limited to a certain Skill (e.g. only works for Knifework or etc.)

Anything not mentioned is fine.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d16)

>>4553727
>>
>>4553819
In that case

>Mana Motor
Knife pommel spins with Will based Torque

>Honest Encouragement
Whittles away at status obscuring and lying skills while the blade touches the target.

>Marked for punishment
Makes the target glow rainbow, duration based on Will

>Bloodwine
Transforms blood into mana

>Merciful End
Ends poison effects on the target but applies all the damage instantly.
>>
Silent knife: allows the wearer to walk silently while held & silences enemies who are cut by it, they can't make noise vocally or otherwise
>>
>>4553800
>>4553839
>>4553840
Okay since theres alot of ideas being thrown around, lets have anons vote for what magical effects the knife has.

Pick 2 of the following:
>enhanced durability
>temperature immunity
>vampiric (heals Will based hp)
>armor penetration
>friction reduction
>creates a brightly glowing shield (Will based effectiveness, 1 mana cost)
>mana storage (can store 8 mana for Knifework Skills/Abilities)
>mana motor (Knife pommel spins with Will based Torque)
>Honest Encouragement (the more damage you do, the more of the enemy Status you can see)
>Marked for punishment (Makes the target glow rainbow, duration based on Will)
>Merciful End (Ends poison effects on the target but applies all the damage instantly.)
>Silent Knife (Self): allows the wearer to walk silently while held
>Silent Knife (Enemy): silences enemies who are cut by it
>>
>>4553861
What kind of roguish ranger can't sneak? Next priority after this for me would have to be DPS.
>>
>>4553861
>>vampiric (heals Will based hp)
>>
>>4553861
>>temperature immunity
So it doesn't melt away when we revive.
>armor penetration
So we can stab people better.
>>
can sky walker make our steps quieter?
>>
>>4553908
oh yeah. I'll go with >temperature immunity and >Silent Knife (Enemy): silences enemies who are cut by it
>>
>>4553911
You'd still be making sounds when you walk on the "air plates". Basically Sky Walker creates a small plate of force in the air you can walk on. You'd need way more technical technique than our hero currently has to use Sky Walker stealth wise. Your basic Stealth skill however would at least mean training to do it would be relatively fast due to the correction bonus.
>>
>>4553908
>>4553920
I'm a little iffy with "only" temperature immunity. Even with durability, holding the knife while exploding will eventually dent it beyond use.

>>4553861
>>creates a brightly glowing shield (Will based effectiveness, 1 mana cost)
Mana cost kinda sucks, but the potential to blind as well as silence is pretty rad.
>>
>>4553878
>>4553908
>>4553920
>>4553924
>>4553927
Silent Knife (Self) 1
Silent Knife (Enemy) 3
Temperature immunity 2
Armor penetration 1
Blinding shield 1

So it will be silent knife (enemy) and temperature immunity,

Update tomorrow, feel free to throw any suggestions for how the quest progresses from this point. The following are my ideas.

Currently I see three main ways this quest can progress:
1. Making bank with ManyShot whilst dealing with intrigue/attention
2. Training as a rogue and becoming a phantom thief
3. Continuing on as an adventurer which means focusing on your ranger skills

Hit me with any ideas you have for future quest progression.
>>
>>4553954
>3. Continuing on as an adventurer which means focusing on your ranger skills

I want to follow our dreams despite all the unexpected setbacks.
>>
>>4553954
>Lay low and reading tons of books.
We could even cut off the tail since we can just revive it back.

.....nobody would want to buy vast quantities of mutant tails or human meat, right?

>Use skywalker to gather rare and fresh mountain/volcano products quickly
Or really just kill lots of things on mountains with gravity. We can walk on air while pushing with forceful shot and pulling with rope.

>Making a name for yourself among the Nameless Knights
Being able to pincushion enemies from 20 feet in the air in a duel is kind of unfair.
>>
>>4553955
Support and we should pay low and wait for our friend to stop the city if the guild doesn't straighten things out for us
>>
>>4553755
6+1=7: You find some decent amount of silver lying around (+1 gold)
>>4553783
10: Yes (Silver tier magical dagger, write in any two magical effects it has)
>>4553832
10: No

You smile as you look down upon Beauty, whilst you would be saddened at the functional losses sustained due to your other items. The loss of Beauty would've hurt emotionally. As you once again equip all your items that were lost, you look over the storeroom for anything else you can loot. You also take the time to quickly change back to your old hunter clothes and facemask, they were much more comfortable to you after all.

Treasure Sense helps you find some decent amount of silver lying around within barrels and crates amongst other odds and ends however even with Treasure Sense you fail to find any kind of lockbox or other storage unit for gold. Either the cultists didn't keep their gold here in storage or its too well hidden for you to find.

Your luck wasn't for nought as you find with what appears to be a ritual dagger hidden behind a false bottom of a crate. The dagger seems similar to those the cultists used to try and kill you in the sacrificial ceremony earlier however there was clear differences. The dagger hilt was covered with engravings of flame and ice. Meanwhile the blade itself was the pitch black of adamantine with flowing white script of "Silencer of Fire and Ice" engraved.

Whilst you are unsure of its exact effects (in character at least), you know just from the fact that its made of adamantine that it would be worth quite alot if you ever chose to sell it. You'll likely need to get it appraised later whilst hopefully avoiding any attention.

After gathering everything you want from the cultist storage cave, you once more backtrack the many tunnels towards the location where you felt the air flow earlier. A short while of following the airflow later and you find yourself before a series of steps upwards as well as a trapdoor. You exit the trapdoor with trepidation and wariness of any further troubles however the sight that greets you stuns you completely.

You are within a collapsed ruins of what you presume was once a shop of some kind. Looking around you find Bit's Rest's Market District in a state of absolute hell. You look around in shock as you see stands you had purchased food from just days earlier lying broken and unmanned. Countless buildings had collapsed into little more than ruins whilst ash choked the air you breathed. Gone was the countless smells from across the countless lands that the Market District served, instead there was nothing but the smell of faded smoke and stench of corpses. The few people that were around all had weary looks and would each glance at others suspiciously as if anyone could be an enemy.

You'd love to stick around and find out more information but you don't have the time. You need to quickly reach the Adventurers Guild so they could help vouch for you against the guards.

1/2
>>
>>4555129
As you travel to the Western Ports District where the Adventurer’s Guild is located, you note the same level of devastation as what happened in the Market District. Likely the whole city had suffered the same level of destruction, you just hope the Adventurer’s Guild still stands.

You’re in luck as you arrive at the Adventurer’s Guild and find not only was it intact, but that it had almost no damage at all. Surrounding the guild building was what appeared to be countless townsmen in shacks.

You enter the Adventurer’s Guild to grim silence, a complete opposite to the rambunctious chaos of last time. Many of the adventurers give you a quick suspicious glance however you ignore them as you head straight to the receptionist.

You even notice Barney sitting with what appears to be his party of 3 other adventurers, he gives you a small nod as he sees you completely unlike his forceful communication “style” that he normally uses.

Fortunately the receptionist being completely avoided by the other adventurers seems to not have changed. The receptionist greets you with a half-assed forced smile and you return a greeting with a smile that was probably just as badly half-assed.

Now you want her and by extension the Adventurer’s Guild to vouch and explain for you however just how much do you want to explain of what happened? The more you tell the better chance you have that she believes you and can convince the guards however how many secrets are you willing to give away?

>Tell the full truth (auto success convincing her but you just gave away a lot of secrets)
>Tell the half-truth (write in what you want to keep secret)
>>
>>4555133
>>Tell the half-truth (write in what you want to keep secret)

Keep our new game-hacking abilities secret.
>>
>>4555133
Reveal that we're a mutant, we need to prove that they had a reason to keep us alive.
Hide the sprout, just mention that something about us made them want to do some elaborate sacrifice.
Mix the order of the explosion and level up. The level and some luck let us beat the relatively simple cultists and the not so simple leader.

I don't think there's anything we need to hide concerning the guards.

and I don't really care enough about the rest. We didn't even use the bow sooooo
>>
>>4555139
Plz work for the love of God
>>
>>4555751
what? Having trouble posting?
>>
>>4555791
Talking about the plan
>>
>>4555134
>>4555139
>>4555751
You decide against telling the whole truth and instead to tell her an altered account.

Your account is perfectly true until after you woke up in the demon cultist headquarters. It's here you start fibbing and rearranging the order of certain details.

You reveal that you're a mutant and that the demon cultists had probably attempted to recruit you because of it. You tell them how they attempted to do an elaborate sacrifice with you as the target however due to internal conflicts or otherwise, massive amounts of explosives were set off which luckily killed most of the cultists. Reaching Second Install, you were able to defeat the remnant cultists that were already injured by the explosion. Just as that concluded, you were found by the guards and you truthfully account everything that happened after.

Did you convince the receptionist and therefore the guards?

1d16

Best of 3

1-4: She doesn't believe you at all and is unwilling to vouch for you against the guards. Even worse she even forcibly captures you until the guards arrive. (captured by guards)
5-8: She doesn't believe you at all and is unwilling to vouch for you against the guards. Luckily she's not without her doubts so she allows you to leave. (still wanted within Bit's Rest)
9-16: She doesn't believe you at all but is willing to vouch for you against the guards as she doesn't believe you're a cultist despite your lies and half truths.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d16)

>>4556229
Yeah our stuffs probably not worth trying to fight her
>>
Rolled 2 (1d16)

>>4556229
>>
>>4556241
>>4556243
The rolls in this quest is a bad joke.
>>
>>4556259
Best of 3 will not save you in qst.

-Martin Luther King
>>
Rolled 2 (1d16)

>>4556229
CLUTCH CLUTCH
>>
>>4556325
Jesus fuck hahaha
>>
>>4556325
damn. well, bluff time.
we could hurriedly add that the cultist faction was what we thought a loan shark and stuff. and given with our tail, we could probably say that it was a sort of fanatic obsession that made them try to sacrifice him(before they asked him to join their faction, to which, he refused of course). Make it seem like he completely poured out the truth because he was desperate and stuff.
>>
>>4556241
>>4556243
>>4556325
Every time we do best of 3, it always ends up like this.
I don't even know what to say.
This quest is cursed.
>>
>>4556344
hahaha, /qst/ luck, OP. it's just /qst/ luck
>>
>>4556331
I don't think lying more is going to work.

We could maybe beg her to keep and/or vouch for the bow, but something tells me an appeal to emotion is not going to fly in assholetown
>>
Rolled 14 (1d16)

Plz work
>>
>>4556398
You're almost 4 hours too late, savior
>>
>>4556370
it doesnt hurt to try lol. If we put up a convincing act, of course. But yeah, I say that or we book it out of town.
>>
>>4556398
and when the world needed him most he vanished
>>
>>4556399
Have we used our re roll yet?
>>
>>4556499
have we?
is there a god?
>>
>>4556503
QM please for the love God, do it so we can end this bastard of a day and go to bed
>>
>>4556241
>>4556243
>>4556325
3: She doesn't believe you at all and is unwilling to vouch for you against the guards. Even worse she even forcibly captures you until the guards arrive. (captured by guards)
>>4556398
so close yet so far
>>4556370
No need for that, theres no real opportunity for the guards to steal your shit unlike back in the cultist hq where your shit "wasn't found".

"I'm sorry but your actions so far have been far to suspicious and your explanation suspect. Unfortunately I cannot vouch for you however hopefully the guards and the justice system will be able to sort this out if you truly innocent." The receptionist calmly announces what could be your death sentence.

Fuckity fuck. Time to escape and lay low, you immediately attempt to flee the Adventurer's Guild however the receptionist calls out to the other adventurers and you instantly find yourself surrounded by countless adventurers. If you still had enough mana to utilise Fiery Rebirth you could maybe attempt to still escape however with barely any mana remaining, its hopeless. No matter how much mobility you have, its near impossible to escape from a whole building filled with adventurers not to mention the receptionist herself.

With resignation, you allow yourself to be restrained by ropes as you await the guards. For almost an hour, Barney tries to argue with the receptionist that you aren't a cultist and that he vouches for you however not even Barney can change the receptionists decision.

Afterwards the guards arrive and you are roughly lead back to the Gates District where you are locked inside a solitary cell within the guard's station. You're told you will await the judgement of the local lord Row's who will preside over the court in his capacity as judge. As you learn about the process from the guards you're hopeful the lord being a 5th Install with truth detecting abilities would be able to verify the truth that you weren't a cultist however you had doubts. You had way too many secrets and there was always the possibility the lord would not be able to properly use their abilities versus you due to your Unending Pride's obstruction.

You are in a solitary cell watched by two guards constantly. Your items have been taken from you...again. One of the guards openly mocks you with hatred and explains all the horrible execution methods they had for cultists as well as how even if they don't kill you, you will spend the rest of your days in a oubliette until you die. The other guard looks bored and half asleep.

You have a couple options here, you could attempt to break out of the jail, converse with the 2 guards or finally just accept the eventual trial with the hope of being proven innocent.

>Try and escape the jail (write in method, even if you succeed you'll be stuck as a wanted man)
>Wait for trial (even if you succeed, some of your secrets may be discovered)
>Converse with guards about x (free bonus action, does not take vote)
>Write in
>>
>>4557280
>>Converse with guards about x (free bonus action, does not take vote
I'm ready to give up on escaping, but this ignorant young lad needs someone to chat with to learn about the wider world.

Just like, everything. What do people do in town, what are the churches like, how much does money cost, does anyone know what the deal with that scary receptionist is, etc.
>>
>>4557280
Ask them about random stuff in a relaxed manner, it would seem that torture won't work on us so we can chill
>>
>>4557280
Ask them about random stuff first, then slowly mix in the other topics
>>
>>4557280
Ask them what happened to the town
>>
>>4557290
>what do people in town do, what the 3 local churches are like as well as completely biased version of foreign religion, you already know the deal with money and the average guards would know nothing much about Adventurer Guild personnel
>>4557478
>it would seem that torture won't work on us so we can chat
Correct, torture does absolutely nothing to you but as they havn't verfied your guilt, they are awaiting the lord to be free as hes 5th Install and has powerful lie detection/etc. abilities that would help confirm whether you're a cultist or not. So no torturing you for now no matter how much some guards want to.
>>4557500
>>4557777
>Ask them what happened to the town
My job is almost over, everyone at the office is just pretending to work currently. This will either lead to me updating alot more often or running a oneshot, havn't decided yet.

"What happened to the town? I heard the cultists attacked and burned it?" you ask as you only have fragmental knowledge due to being kidnapped whilst it occurred.

"As if you don't know you bastard. Your lot burned half the bloody city down and almost succeeded in kidnapping the lord's son. Your little shitshow of a distraction burning the town almost worked you know and it was bloody damn lucky that the lord's kid is still alive. You'd know more than me but apparently some of your cultists were missing in the attempt to kidnap the lord's kid so it didn't go as planned. Thank the Three for that." spits the guard filled with hate.

Meanwhile the bored guard expands on his words with short words "*yawn* bro thats bs, like theres 3 factions, mutants dudes became stronger like they wanted, the white robes stole some shiz they wanted and only the soul dudes failed. *yawn* man i need sleep, aint get paid enough for this shiz."

You try to pry for more information from the two of them however neither is willing so you try and converse about other topics. At first your attempts at casual conversation are met with ridicule by the mocking guard and by annoyed ignoring by the bored guard however as your attempts to converse continue ever onwards, the bored guard finally starts talking back in an attempt to shut you up so he can sleep in peace.

"So...hows the weather today?" you awkwardly ask.

"dude you're in a cell and you're probs gonna be sacrificed so some kid can achieve their first install so like just ask the shiz you want"

1/2
>>
>>4558144
>average guards would know nothing much about Adventurer Guild personnel
You're acting like this is common sense but this type of "common" sense is exactly what the MC lacks.
>>
>>4558144
"Well I'm kinda new to town, so could you like properly explain the churches?" you randomly ask as you're bored out of your mind in the cell.

"*sigh* okay, nameless dudes are cool, they're like defenders of the weak and shiz. travel around hunting devourers and mutated monsters for free. the apple ladies are cute eyecandy but don't let it fool you dude. they have their ear everywhere mainly to ensure mutants are properly identified and "bloodlines segregated to ensure the purity of humanity". finally theres those weirdos at the order. bit too wack for me but mostly harmless compared to shit like The Collective."

"The Collective?"

"buncha wackos from the Badlands which wants everyone to 'connect to the Jes-Talt and trust in the Metalminds', they wear copper and gold chains so if you see that shiz , just walk the fuck away. Thankfully most of the Badlands don’t believe in anything except gold and the Jes-talt fellas are often hunted down when they piss some bandit lord off. since you're gonna ask, theres also Razer crackheads 'Terraism' worshippers who believe in some mythical paradise in the sky. finally theres the deluded fellas in Rom who believe that anyone can become a god and that humanity is its own god. worst of all they think the Sysadmin are just humans who ascended. their stupid nonsense is whats caused the last couple of Truth Wars between us since both sides nobility and royals use the difference in belief to freely war for Installs whilst taking advantage of the idiots." The bored guard spits the last part out with annoyance.

“How dare you insult our nobility, do you not know how much effort they put in to protect us? Do not disparage them unless you want to face me in a duel Bob.” The other guard says with venom.

“*sigh* alex dude you’re totally one of the poor fuckers that die in the pointless wars for the nobles and royals” Bob the bored guard calmly states with a sigh.

The two guards eye each other with disdain as you break the silence with more questions.

“On a completely different topic, what does the regular person work as within the Bit’s Rest?”

“all kinda shiz dude, those without money do what those without always do, shit jobs, theres always people wanting sailors at the docks, those with correct crafting Skills make shiz, whatever and of course the adventurer guild of course takes any leftovers or vagabonds. those with more cash trade or learn magic shiz at the academy in the hopes some noble notices them. nobility fuckers does what nobility always does, leech of us lower dudes” explains Bob

What now?

>More questions? (write in)
>Try and escape the jail (write in method, even if you succeed you'll be stuck as a wanted man)
>>
>>4558155
>Ask if they have any idea what its looking like for us in our trial. Do they have proof? Is it already kinda decided? Etc

Also QM when we got our city ID we could manually allow the effect to work even when we resisted it, can we not do the same for the truth effect from big guy
>>
>>4558190
>Also QM when we got our city ID we could manually allow the effect to work even when we resisted it, can we not do the same for the truth effect from big guy
That was from your Stability, not your Skill. You can't control the Unending Pride.
>>
have we lost Beauty and our explosive cloak?
id so is it possible to get it back i really dont want to have to tell samson we already lost his bow
plos we would need to find another great weapon
>>
>>4558995
if*
plus*
>>
>>4558995
We havn't lost either. The corrupt guards that would steal it has no excuse to steal it this time.

Originally, they would've found your gear in the cultist base than it would "go missing" before it can be returned to you. However now that your gear was specifically taken from you, they have no excuse so unless you lose the trial or fail to escape and die, you won't lose your stuff.
>>
>>4559095
aight then
time to go full phoenix wright
>>
>>4558155
>>Wait for trial

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.