[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 40 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: anon.jpg (143 KB, 1080x1080)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
"Hello there! I'm Doctor Anon. You're just in time to pick up your very own pepe. In fact, you're early, so you get to choose first. As we all know, pepes are genetically modified frogs - forced to mutate due to overexposure to chemicals in the waters they live and breed in. If you want to get anywhere worthwhile, you're going to want a pepe by your side."

Doctor Anon pauses, gesturing to a small table with three metallic prisms, each one set before a label. "There they are. Which one will you make to be your lifelong friend?"

>HANDY PEPE (Rock): This froggy friend loves tinkering with things. Although he lacks a lot of experience, he often tries to fix household appliances.

>CRAFTY PEPE (Paper): A pepe with a strong desire to create. It loves to fashion things out of construction paper and glue.

>STABBY PEPE (Scissors): A fidgety amphibian that is drawn to sharp objects. It is known for its tendency to stab whatever gets close to it.
>>
Handy Pepe. He sounds like a cute little guy, lots of potential to help out around the house.
>>
>>4539775
>CRAFTY PEPE
Let's create shit
>>
File: 5C-su2e4_400x400.jpg (28 KB, 383x383)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>4539775
>CRAFTY PEPE
>>
>>4539775
>>4539787
>>4539792
Hmm.... Can we "fusion ha" the two?
>>
File: crafty.png (198 KB, 1080x1080)
198 KB
198 KB PNG
>>4539792
>>4539795
Looks like Crafty Pepe is the winner. No worries, you can always push him towards more handy things. This is just his starting occupation. He'll eventually mutate depending on his experiences and environment.
_ _ _

You lift up the prism containing the Crafty Pepe, releasing your new friend. He leaps out of the container, fully materializing on the checkered linoleum floor of the Pepelab. Around his waist is a leather belt, with a small pouch and a stick of glue fashioned snugly to it. In his hand is a cheap-looking brush which the creature waves about. He waddles about the lab, before leaping onto your back with a grin.

"I can see that you like to express yourself through what you create. Artsy types usually go for this one." Doctor Anon nods. "He might look meek, but this pepe is very resourceful. Would you like to give it a nickname?"

>"No, I'll keep calling him Crafty."
>"I think I'll name him Van Goh."
>"Why not? How about Michelangelo?"
>"Claude sounds like a good name."
>(Write in)
>>
>"Hmmm.. Let's call him Draw Pepe.
>>
>>4539806
>"Why not? How about Michelangelo?"
>>
>>4539812
did you mean MiKEKlangelo
>>
>>4539806
How about... Van Frogh?
>>
>>4539806
>"Yeah, I'll call him MiKEKangelo."
>>
File: 1597732558084.png (150 KB, 460x460)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
>>4539824
that is also great
>>
>>4539806
>Van Frogh
>>
>>4539806
>Van Frogh
>>
>>4539806
>Van Frogh
>>
File: lab_bust.png (448 KB, 1080x1080)
448 KB
448 KB PNG
>>4539824
>>4539834
>>4539897
Van Frogh it is.
>>4539855
Dubs of destiny.
_ _ _

Doctor Anon nods. "That's a fitting name.Let's hope that your pepe here doesn't end the same way old Vincent did." He chuckles, and Van Frogh looks to you with a concerned expression.

The doctor moves over to a file cabinet speckled with rust, producing a handheld electronic device and five silvery prisms. "I'm giving you some spare pepeprisms in case you encounter any pepes during your travels. Once caught, this DNA sequencer will process the genetic code of the captured creature. This will give you some insight regarding their abilities. Due to all of the variation between pepes, I'm going to need a lot of help cataloging th--"

The southern wall of lab is blasted through. You instinctively take cover behind one of the large machines in the room. The bright light from outside is obscuring your vision, but you can make out a human figure and a pepe standing before him. Doctor Anon seems to recognize the intruder.

"No! Please, I need a little more time! I'm so close! With a bit more data, I can have it ready my this month." Doctor Anon thumbs a pepe prism from the pocket of his jacket, turning so that the intruder doesn't see.

The man scoffs. "You've had more than enough time. If you didn't rely on children to do your dirty work, you could have had it done in half the time it's taken you. I'm going to make you pay for making me wait." The intruder looks to his pepe, then points at the doctor. "Blinky, you know what to do."

The pepe steps further into the lab, allowing you to get a better look. This frog is purple, sporting a fleshy antennae at the top of its head. The antenna glows, and Doctor Anon is slowly lifted into the air.

>Reveal yourself and attack the intruder.
>Run and go find help.
>Wait and see what happens.
>(Write in)
>>
>>4539962
>Reveal yourself and attack the intruder.
>>
File: rps25_outcomes.jpg (304 KB, 800x1131)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
>>4539969
If I don't get another response in ten minutes or so we're going with this. Also, the attribute system is based off this game, RPS 25. Battle will be run with a tweaked version of the Mini Six system (d6 dice pool mechanics).
>>
>>4539982
Seems like a lot of effort for a meme quest
>>
>>4539986
Not all meme quests are equal, fren
>>
>>4539982
rock its ultimate
>>
File: its_time_to_duel.png (253 KB, 1080x1080)
253 KB
253 KB PNG
You step out into the light after mustering up some courage. You've only seen pepe battles, never having taken an active part of one. You mirror the moves you've watched so closely on television. The professional trainers moved with confidence on the screen, their voices never faltered - even when they knew they were going to lose.

"Van Frogh, let's do this!" Your new companion leaps off of your shoulders without hesitation; a joyful energy bubbles around the frog.

The intruder scoffs. "You have a kid here?" The man's pepe drops Doctor Anon from its telekinetic grasp, now focusing on the creature waggling a paintbrush in front of it. "I'll give you credit boy, that was a bold move."

>Rush over and make sure the doctor is okay.
>Test your strength against the enemy.
>Ask the man why he's messing with the doc.
>(Write in)
>>
>>4540070
>>
>>4540070
>>
>>4540070
>>
File: evil_plot.png (270 KB, 1080x1080)
270 KB
270 KB PNG
>>4540072
>>4540111
>>4540123
The intruder steps out into the light. He wears a black suit and a healthy-looking mustache adorns his face. "I suppose I could tell you. I aim to bring about the ultimate lifeform - the ultimate pepe. Only by combining the DNA of the strongest frogs in existence can the great pepe come into existence."

The doc eyes you for a moment, still lying on the dust-covered laboratory floor, slowly reaching to grab and activate his pepeprism. You look at the mustachioed man. "What does this have to do with Doctor Anon?"

He laughs shortly. "Doctor Anon here is leading the world in pepe synthesis technology. Pepes are a booming insdustry. They're happy workers, loving pets, and thanks to pepe battles becoming more legitimate, excellent entertainment. But that's besides the point. If I have the strongest frog, I'll become the strongest man. It's that simple There's been a lot of failures. Far too many failures. But I will get what I want soon enough."

You narrow your eyes. "You want power."

He frowns. "No, I want it all. I want EVERYTHING. Once the ultimate pepe is within my grasp, I will have the means to obtain whatever I want." The man flicks his mustache. "How about you join me? Leave this pitiful old man, and join forces with the person destined to rule the world?"

>"I'll never join you."
>"What's in it for me?"
>"Sounds good to me."
>(write in)
>>
>>4540166
>"What's in it for me?"
>>
>>4540166
>>"What's in it for me?"
>>
>>4540166
>"What's in it for me?"
>>
>>4540166
>>"I'll never join you."
Do you people really think he has ANY reason to ally an low-level like us? We haven't even pepe battled even once. He's just trying to avoid the time waste, but he's going to betray us the first moment he can.

Do not be foolish.
>>
>>4540166
>"I'll never join you."
>>
>>4540166
>"I'll never join you."
>>
>>4540166
>"I'd join you but my mom would probably ground me."
>>
>>4540700
This
>>
>>4540700
Support
>>
>>4540700
Support, also check
>>
>>4540166
>Esoteric god-pepes
Kino.
>"What's in it for me?"
We do a pro gamer move and wait until he drops his guard, then we have Van Frogh glue Blinky's antennae to the ground so that the doctor can get his Pepe out. We can punch mustacheman in the nuts too.
>>
File: tables_turn.png (292 KB, 1080x1080)
292 KB
292 KB PNG
>>4540209
>>4540700
>>4541045
And, we're back! Great responses. I thought I was going to have to roll for a tiebreaker. Thanks for the love, anons.
_ _ _

"I'd join you but my mom would probably ground me."

The man snorts, which builds into a chuckle, then a full belly laugh. His otherwise stoic-looking pepe allows a giggle to escape, mirroring his master. "Just for that excellent remark I'll let you live a while longer."

As these words escape his mouth, you command Van Frogh to attack! "Stick the enemy's antennae to the ground!" Without much delay, Van Frogh unsheathes his glue stick, speedily applying a generous film of adhesive to the purple pepe opponent. Caught off-guard, the enemy frog grabs his feeler instinctively, leaving his legs unguarded. With a happy squee and a kick to the back of the knee, the alien looking creature is now stuck face-first to the ground.

Doctor Anon springs to his feet, unleashing the pepe inside of his pepeprism. "Ricky, show these boys how it's done!" Standing on the rubble-ridden linoleum is a hulking tan frog wearing a patterned red bandanna and what looks like red, white, and blue men's briefs underwear. The muscled pepe moves gracefully, brimming with masculine energy. A charming smile spreads across his face before unleashing a barrage of punches against the downed pepe. The doctor steps forward, shaking his head. "It's not happening, Baron. Not by my hand, at least."

The mustachioed man trembles, recalling his frog back into it's prism. "You're a fool to try and slow the advancement of science! The ultimate pepe will be a reality, Doctor!" With that, he runs off.

>After him!
>See if the Doc is alright.
>(Write in)
>>
>>4541074
>See if the doc is alright
>>
>>4541074
>See if the Doc is alright.
>>
>>4541074
>>See if the doc is alright
>>
>>4541083
>>4541089
>>4541104
Locked and loaded. Preparing response!
>>
>Handy pepe
>>
>See if the doc is alright
>>
File: call_to_action.png (231 KB, 1080x1080)
231 KB
231 KB PNG
"Doc! Are you okay?" You move to Doctor Anon's side.

The doctor drops to his knees, breathing heavily. "It's been quite a while since I've been roughed up like that. I'm older than I look, you know." Doctor Anon forces a smile. The muscled pepe lifts up his master gently, laying him down on a spare bed in the corner of the lab. You follow.

"You don't look too good." You frown.

He inhales, allowing his body to relax. "I'm just startled, is all. I'll be fine in a few days. What's more pressing is the start of your journey. I'm sure after all that you'll at least want to be strong enough to stand up the Baron." He fishes a sleek-looking screened device with some prods at the head. "This is a DNA sequencer, optimized for pepes. It can analyze the genetic makeup of frogs - providing valuable information on their current status, abilities, and health. I'm trusting you with this. There's so many pepes in this world, constantly metamorphosing and mutating. As a scientist, I want to create an in-depth concordance of all existing frogs - a PepeDex, if I were to call it something flashy."

You raise your brow, staring at the device before you. "What do you want me to do?" Van Frogh cuddles your leg absentmindedly, paying no attention to the tension in the room.

The doctor smiles softly. "Right now you need to get stronger as a pepe master. But, eventually, I'd like you to join me on my quest to document and discover new froggy forms."

>"I'm gonna be the greatest pepe trainer ever."
>"I'm gonna catch 'em all."
>"I'm going to put an end to the Baron's schemes."
>(Write in)
>>
>>4541158
>>
>>4541164
If there are no other responses soon, we're going with this. :P
>>
>>4541164
+1
>>
>I'm gonna catch `em all
>>
>>4541158
>I'm gonna be the greatest pepe trainer ever.
Like hell I'm taking the completionist route. Let's just git gud.
>>
>>4541158
>>
>>4541158
>>"I'm gonna be the greatest pepe trainer ever."
>>
>>4541158
>>"I'm gonna be the greatest pepe trainer ever."
>>
Pumped to collect low level Pepe's and have an army of clown frogs
>>
>>4541719
Clown Pepe is probably a force on par with ricky atleast. Not a low level mook by any means. It is the form of a Pepe that has seen the absurdity of it all and accepted that reality is a circus, after all.
>>
>>4541158
>>
File: 1592642871936.jpg (18 KB, 363x300)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>
>>4541158
>>
>>4542244
Don't spoil the god-pepes anon
>>
>>4541158
>>
File: like_noone_ever_was.png (114 KB, 1080x1080)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
>>4541164
>>4541206>>4541248
>>4541283
>>4541706
>>4542149
>>4542262
>>4543039
>>4541240
Then git gud you will. The mechanics will be introduced soon. Sorry for the wait, I've been a occupied.

>>4541719
>>4542145
Yeah, I'm thinking clown pepe is high-mid tier.
_ _ _

You can see it now, your team of frogs standing at the peak of the world as the greatest pepe master ever! Your heart pounds at the thought. You initially felt a bit uneasy coming to the pepelab, but after all that's happened in the span of half an hour - you're excited!

The doctor speaks, "Press the button on the side of the pepedex, and enter your name. It's yours now. After that, prod your pepe with it to register its data!"

This is where your great journey begins! What is your name?

>(Write in)
>>
>>4543304
>Hiro
>>
>>4543304
>Anon Jannieson
>>
>>4543304
Karen Anonette
>>
>>4543304
Ash KEKum
>>
>>4543304
Dick Kickem, national champion of asskicking and bigdicking
>>
>>4543304
Emcee, the MC.
>>
>>4543411
supporting
>>
>>4543411
+1 checked
>>4543522
checked
>>
>>4543411
+1
>>
>>4543411
Ricky "Dick" Kickem
>>
>>4543636
Ricky Dicky Kicky will be the best trainer, you'll see!
>>
>>4543411
Hell yeah
>>
File: decisions.png (295 KB, 1080x1080)
295 KB
295 KB PNG
>>4543411
>>4543636
Gotta respect the dubs of destiny.
_ _ _

Your name is Richard "Dick" Kickem, and you want to be the very best. You're a healthy young boy who's strong and fast for his age, and just as handsome (according to Mom). You're well aware that you lack experience and skill - for the time being. However, you're ready to start climbing to the top!
_ _ _
Trainer Stats: (negligible unless there's no way to solve a problem with your pepe(s))
Ricky
HP: 28/28
Might: 2D (Brawling 1D)
Agility: 2D
Wits: 1D+2
Charm: 3D+1 (Persuade 2D)
_ _ _

You do as the doctor says, pressing the button on the side of your spankin' new pepedex and entering your name. Looking down at Van Frogh, you're surprised to see him building what looks to be a snowman out of rubble from the blasted wall, glue and saliva. You gently grab his mucous-covered arm and jab it with the metal prods. He squeaks shortly, moreso caught off guard than in pain. The screen lights up, displaying a set of information.
_ _ _
Van Frogh
Attribute: [Paper]
Species: Crafty pepe

HP: 25/25
Attack: 1D (3)
Defense: 1D (3)
Sp Atk: 2D (6)
Sp Def: 2D (6)
Speed: 3D+3 (9)

Current moves:
Glue Swipe - +3 Atk, has a high chance of slowing the enemy. Has a moderate chance of paralyzing the enemy.
Bubble Brush - +9 Sp Atk, a concentrated bubble of creative energy that hones in on the target.
_ _ _

The doctor smiles softly. "Why don't you head out to the ruins to go train your frog? Or if you'd be so kind, could you go talk to Frank down near the caves and tell him that my wall needs fixing again? I'll pay him the premium this time around."

>Run off to the ruins. There are bound to be frogs wandering about.
>Go run Doc's errand. Maybe you'll encounter some fitting opponents.
>Forget all that, go show Mom your new Pepe before anything else.
>>
>>4544536
>Errand time. Head for the caves
>>
>>4544536
>Go run Doc's errand. Maybe you'll encounter some fitting opponents
>>
>>4544536
>>
>TFW you don't live in the world of Pepemon.
>>
>>4544536
>>
>>4544536
>>
>>4544536
>>Forget all that, go show Mom your new Pepe before anything else.
>>
>>4544536
>>
>>4544536
>>
>>4544601
>>4544625
>>4544684
>>4544773
Four for the errand.
>>4544635
>>4544703
>>4544722
>>4544725
Four for Mom. We'll head over to Mom and then over to the caves. Post will be made in a few hours.
>>
>>4544810
>Post will be made in a few hours.
Hmmmmm
>>
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
WHERE ARE MY PEPEMONS
>>
File: home.png (261 KB, 1080x1080)
261 KB
261 KB PNG
>>4546999
>>4548429
ALRIGHTY. I have returned. I will not allow the darkness of oblivion overtake this quest, as it has for many others. It's time to pay a visit to mommy.
_ _ _
You walk down the familiar path from the Pepelab to your house. Your town isn't too big, nor too small, and it only takes you a few minutes to get back home. Your mom is out in the front of the house, looking at the berry tree you and her planted last year. It's growing, but whatever leaves that show end up being removed mysteriously.

Mom perks up at hearing your footsteps on the crunchy dirt path. "Sweetie, you're back so soon?" She looks up from examining the tree.

You smile slightly. "Some wackjob busted through the wall of the Pepelab, and Doctor Anon got banged up a bit. He's old, but he'll be fine. Anyways, I've finally got my very own pepe!" Van Frog hops from his place at your heel to perch on your shoulders. He waves in a friendly manner, brush in hand.

Mom purses her lips a bit. "That certainly an interesting choice. Knowing you, I thought you would have picked a frog that looked a bit more menacing. Ever since you were little, you always said that you wanted to be the best Pepe trainer ever. This little guy looks just a little too lanky." Mom has a little glimmer in her eye, and despite her teasing, you can tell she's proud of you. "Come here, son." You hop over the fence the same way you have countless time and go give your mother a warm hug.

"Well, the ol' Doc wanted me to go run an errand for him. He needs his wall fixed. I've also got to make sure Van Frogh grows up big and strong, right?"

Your mother puts a hand over her mouth, giggling softly at the name of your new companion. "You always come up with the best names. I think going off on your own for a bit would be good for you, sweetheart - better than spending all day watching TV."

You begin to head out of the fence gate. "Now it's time for the real deal! I'll make you proud, Mom!" You flex your pre-teen arm muscle with a cheesy grin. As you run off towards the caves you can just make out your mother's response.

"I'm already proud, son."
>>
File: froggy_encounter.png (234 KB, 1080x1080)
234 KB
234 KB PNG
>>4549197
I forgot my name and trip! Not that they really matter... Anyways, let's continue!
_ _ _
Running down the path with the wind in your ears always feels good, but doing it with your trusty pepe by your side is even greater! You speed down the path, watching as the grass and flowers give way to larger and larger rocks. A few trees dot the landscape, breaking up the sea of plains to your left, stretching onward. You make sure to keep to the rocks, as you're sure to make it to the caves soon.

As you sprint with pride, a spotted green creature with two floppy feet and a single eye hops onto the path. A challenger! Van Frogh stops in his tracks, and begins to size up the new opponent, causing you to do the same. The froggy foe blinks absentmindedly, posing no immediate threat. It seems to be merely enjoying the mid-afternoon sun. Van Frogh looks up at you, awaiting your command.

>Attack! Glue Swipe! (Impede the frog's movement).
>Attack! Bubble Brush! (Blast it with creative energy.)
>Wait for the one-eyed frog to make the first move.
>Keep moving, this isn't worth your time.
>>
>>4549199
>>
>>4549199
>>
>>4549199
>>
>>4549199
>>Attack! Bubble Brush! (Blast it with creative energy.)
>>
>>4549199
>>
Question- do those gray skin anons from Tumblr exist?
Is moot god in this universe?
Is Meme magic a thing?
>>
>>4549681
>Is moot god in this universe?
Who?
>>
>>4549733
newfag detected
>>
>>4549753
Wait, he's the owner of funnyjunk, right?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.