[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / vrpg / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 29 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

New board: /vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

You are the new master of a dark mansion in Hunedoara County, Transylvania, Romania.
This cursed mansion once belonged to your estranged uncle, a sexually depraved man shrouded in mysteries.
Terrible things have happened here and terrible things will happen again.

Link to first thread: >>4363798
>>
File: 1595850012283.jpg (60 KB, 634x950)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>4380229
"Thank you for keeping the place in order after my uncle passed," you tell the young maid who welcomed you into the mansion.
"You don't need to thank us, master. We're only here to serve," she whispers.
You feel nauseous for some reason. A sense of wrongness and a creeping terror you cannot explain.
You notice other servants watching you. They look eager, almost hungry. The maids are all young and dressed in uniforms that are more erotic than functional.
"Should I prepare the master bedroom for you, young master?" asks the gloomy maid.

>Yes, I want to stay at the room where my uncle slept.
>No, I would prefer a different room.
>I don't intend to spend the night here, I'll go look for a motel.
>Write In
>>
>>4380244
>Yes, I want to stay at the room where my uncle slept

Getting darkest dungeon vibs.
>>
>>4380244
>>Yes, I want to stay at the room where my uncle slept.
>>
>>4380244
The maid killed the qm
>>
>>4380244
>>Yes, I want to stay at the room where my uncle slept.
>>
>>4380244
>>No, I would prefer a different room.
>>
>>4380339
>>4380349
>>4380813
>>4380928
>>4381050
"Yes, I would like to stay at the room where my uncle once slept," you reply.
You know that your uncle was murdered in the master bedroom.
His body was found beheaded and mutilated, but somehow the room was locked from inside.
You want to know the truth of what happened to him that night and unearth the dark secrets he took with him to his grave.
You'll find the truth no matter the cost, risking death and dismemberment and the opportunity of a peaceful life in your quest.
"As you wish, master," the gloomy maid guides you to the master bedroom.
Do you notice anything odd?

>Roll 1d100, DC: 70
>>
Rolled 7 (1d100)

>>4381320
>>
>>4381359
You feel like you are missing something important.
Something so dark and terrible that your mind is refusing to acknowledge it.
You try to clear your head and follow the young maid through the corridors of the dark mansion.
"This mansion is a lot larger than it looks from the outside," you comment. Your sense of unease only growing the further you walk.
"On certain nights... it feels endless, young master," the maid whispers.

>You feel very tired and need sleep
>You have a headache and ask for some aspirin
>You feel paranoid and clutch the handgun
>Write In
>>
>>4381384
>>Write In
Ask the maid to bring you outside and take a breath and calm ourselves.
>>
>>4381384
You feel very tired and need sleep
>>
Sounds like the house is part of a ether a potal or a different dimension somehow.
>>
>>4381435
Seems silly to come all this way inside to walk out then come back in again.
>>
>>4381384
>You feel very tired and need sleep
>>
>>4381435
>>4381455
>>4381467
>>4381535
>>4381876
"I don't feel so good. Perhaps I should go outside, take a breath and calm myself," you say nervously.
"I would advise against it, young master. It is a very dark night and it's raining heavily outside. You never know what you'll come across on a night like this," the maid replies.
"You are right, I think. I'm just very tired from the long journey and need sleep," you smile weakly, trying to calm your nerves.

>Cont.
>>
>>4382070
"It is a very cold night, young master. Do you want one of us to keep you company?" another maid asks. A flirtatious young woman with blonde hair and blue eyes.
She is dressed quite provocatively but so are the other maids. You don't have to be a genius to understand what services she and the other girls provided your uncle and his guests.

>Accept her offer
>Decline
>Ask for a different girl
>Write In
>>
>>4382099
>>Decline
Dammit bitch I'm tryna adventure
>>
>>4382099
>>Accept her offer
>>
>>4382099
>Decline
>>
>>4382099
Decline
mybe a differnt night.
>>
>>4382197
>>4382203
>>4382208
>>4382242
"Thank you but I would prefer to be alone tonight," you decline her advances.
"Maybe a different night then, young master?" she licks her lips seductively.
"Maybe a different night," you nod, trying not to stare at her considerable cleavage.
You leave the flirty maid behind and make your way to the master bedroom.
The room where your uncle used to sleep. The room where he was murdered.
Where his limbless, headless corpse was found in several parts.

>Lock the door from inside
>Keep the door unlocked
>Write In
>>
>>4382296
>Keep the door unlocked
Have a little look around
>>
>>4382296
>>Keep the door unlocked
>>
>>4382307
>>4382310
You keep the door unlocked and have a little look around.
You want to know the truth about your uncle and what happened to him.
Maybe you will find some clues in the master bedroom. Something that will help you unearth the terrible secrets of this dark mansion.
You come across a framed photograph of your uncle with some very wealthy and powerful men and women.

>He was a handsome man in his middle years, tall and strongly built. Black hair with shades of grey.
>He was an ugly man. Fat and bald who looked more like a frog than human. He had cruel eyes and a lustful grin.
>He was a strange looking man. Pale and thin as a stick. His hair had turned completely white, even though he was not that old.
>Write In
>>
>>4382336
>He was a handsome man in his middle years, tall and strongly built. Black hair with shades of grey.
>>
>>4382336
>>He was a handsome man in his middle years, tall and strongly built. Black hair with shades of grey.
>>
>>4382339
>>4382409
Your uncle was a handsome man in his middle years. He was tall and strongly built. His black hair touched with shades of grey.
Even in still photographs, he exuded power and command. A dangerous man who did whatever he wanted and took whatever he desired.
But in the end, your uncle was still human. He was not immune to aging or death. Not an immortal monster like the Moroi or Pricolici of Romanian folklore.
You went through his possessions to learn more about him. For some strange reason, the police seem to have kept his things in place.
Maybe someone very powerful instructed them to ignore this case, so that the dark secrets of your uncle's depraved parties are never revealed. Or maybe the police felt as uneasy as you feel right now.
That sense of unease and paranoia. The feeling that some horrible truth is right in front of you but your mind is refusing to acknowledge it.
"I'm just tired, everything will be all right when I wake up in the morning," you whisper and take deep breaths to calm your nerves.

>>
Rolled 55 (1d100)

>>4382499
>>
>>4382501
You try to examine the photograph but you can't focus no matter how hard you try.
It's like your mind is actively blocking a certain part of the photo… something so unnatural that acknowledging it would shatter your sanity.
The harder you try to find the source of that unknown dread, the greater your headache grows.
"I'm just tired... I'm just very tired," you whisper to yourself again, too afraid to raise your voice, even though you are alone in the room.
A cold shiver runs down your spine all of a sudden.
Are you truly alone in this room?

>You desperately need rest. Turn off the lights and go to sleep.
>You are having a nervous breakdown. Look for medicine in his cabinet, something to calm your nerves.
>You need to know the truth. You examine the documents in his cabinet. The books and letters your uncle left behind.
>Write In
>>
>>4382513
>You are having a nervous breakdown. Look for medicine in his cabinet, something to calm your nerves.
>>
>>4382513
>>You desperately need rest. Turn off the lights and go to sleep.
>>
>>4382513
>You need to know the truth. You examine the documents in his cabinet. The books and letters your uncle left behind.
>>
>>4382513
>>
>>4382513
>>
>>4382513
>>You need to know the truth. You examine the documents in his cabinet. The books and letters your uncle left behind.
>>
>>4382513
>>You desperately need rest. Turn off the lights and go to sleep.
>>
>>4382513
>>You are having a nervous breakdown. Look for medicine in his cabinet, something to calm your nerves.
>>
>>4382542
>>4382584
>>4382587
>>4382609
>>4382652
>>4382974
>>4383293
>>4383683
Since there's a tie I'm combining the top two options.
>>
>>4384928
You are usually a calm and rational person. But something about this mansion is filling you with fear and paranoia.
A part of you wants to leave this mansion right now, while a different part is convinced that you can never leave.
Maybe you are having a nervous breakdown. That would explain the paranoia, the anxiety, and what may have been hallucinations.
Your uncle left behind a cabinet full of medicine in his bedroom. You go through it hoping to find something to calm your nerves.
There are all sorts of pills and liquids inside. You find various types of sexual enhancement drugs, leaving no doubts about the lifestyle your uncle led here. There's also some unmarked pills that are probably illegal recreational drugs.
"What is this?" you find an odd glass bottle with a dark red liquid inside. It almost feels like blood but not quite.

>Take some aspirins for your headache
>Take some anti-anxiety meds to calm your nerves
>Take some sleeping pills for a good night's sleep
>Write In
>>
>>4384945
>>Take some anti-anxiety meds to calm your nerves
>>
>>4384945
>>Take some anti-anxiety meds to calm your nerves
>Investigate the glass bottle
>>
>>4384945
>Take some anti-anxiety meds to calm your nerves
>>
>>4384978
>>4384989
>>4384997
You take some anti-anxiety medicine to calm your nerves.
Usually you wouldn't take pills without a doctor's prescription but you are desperate to feel normal again.
"I'm just tired, I'm not going mad or anything," you whisper to yourself and take some generic brand benzodiazepines. Benzos have a lot of side-effects but they also give immediate relief for panic attacks.
Once you calm down a little, you investigate the glass bottle.

>>
Rolled 66 (1d100)

>>4385019
>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

>>4385019
>>
>>4385029
>>4385035
You open the bottle and smell the red liquid. It has a strange and intoxicating stench that fills you with dark desires.
A chemist or a drug expert might know what the dark red liquid is but your knowledge on these topics are limited.
You leave the bottle in the cabinet since you have no idea what to do with it.
You have been feeling a lot calmer since taking the anti-anxiety drugs and no longer feel that you are in immediate danger of going insane.
You feel sane enough to return to your quest for the truth and examine the documents your uncle left behind in his cabinet.
The books and letters are all marked with his name.

>Mircea
>Casimir
>Dragoș
>Write In
>>
>>4385053
>>Dragos
>>
>>4385053
>>Casimir
>>
>>4385053
Dragoș
>>
>>4385053
Dragos
>>
>>4385065
>>4385081
>>4385089
>>4385095
Your uncle's name was Dragos, a Romanian given name of Slavic origin. All his books and letters are marked with that name.
He had many strange occult books in his possession. Books about Vlad Dracula, Giles de Reis, Merquis de Sade, Elizabeth Bathory and other medieval nobles known for their dark crimes and sexual depravities. Your uncle clearly had a different sorts of heroes than regular people.
You also find many letters he had received from famous occultists. However, none of them seem to contain anything incriminating. Maybe your uncle burnt the letters that he thought sensitive or maybe such letters were removed from the mansion after his death.
However, you come across a sealed envelope that interests you greatly. It is addressed to a British man named 'Alan', probably a friend of your uncle's.
It appears that your uncle was murdered before he had the chance to mail it to his friend or destroy it. You open the mysterious sealed envelope and find a coded letter in your uncle's handwriting.

>Cont.
>>
File: l.jpg (105 KB, 720x960)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>4385130

Klhy Hshu,

Pu fvby shza slaaly, fvb lewylzzlk hu pualylza av cpzpa Ayhuzfschuph huk puxbpylk hivba aol svjhapvu vm aol Zjovsvthujl. P ylnyla av pumvyt fvb aoha aol zjovvs kvlz uva wofzpjhssf lepza pu aopz dvysk, uvy pz pa h wshjl vul jhu myllsf cpzpa.
Aol Zjovsvthujl lepzaz pu aol ibyupun ylhst vm vby thzalyz, iba pa jhu il zbttvulk av vby dvysk vu jlyahpu upnoaz, pm vul wlymvytz aol ypnoa ypabhsz.
Vby thzalyz hyl pttvyahs huk thnupmpjlua. Aolpy npmaz hyl aybsf thyclsvbz. Iba fvb dpss ullk av wyvcl fvby svfhsaf av aolt ilmvyl aolf zohyl aolpy npmaz dpao fvb. Av wyvcl fvby svfhsaf, fvb tbza mpyza wyvtpzl aolt fvby pttvyahs zvbs huk wlymvyt leayltl ypabhsz vm zle huk isvvk.
Aol dlhr thf jhss vby ypabhsz ishzwoltvbz huk klnlulyhal. Iba P ohcl hsdhfz mvbuk aolt spilyhapun huk leayltlsf wslhzbyhisl.
P ovwl aoha fvb mpuk aol islzzpunz vm vby thzalyz, hz P hsylhkf ohcl.

Fvby mypluk,
Kyhnvz

>Try to solve it
>Leave it for now
>>
>>4385131
>Try to solve it
Dear Alan,

In your last letter, you expressed an interest to visit Transylvania and inquired about the location of the Scholomance. I regret to inform you that the school does not physically exist in this world, nor is it a place one can freely visit.
The Scholomance exists in the burning realm of our masters, but it can be summoned to our world on certain nights, if one performs the right rituals.
Our masters are immortal and magnificent. Their gifts are truly marvelous. But you will need to prove your loyalty to them before they share their gifts with you. To prove your loyalty, you must first promise them your immortal soul and perform extreme rituals of sex and blood.
The weak may call our rituals blasphemous and degenerate. But I have always found them liberating and extremely pleasurable.
I hope that you find the blessings of our masters, as I already have.

Your friend,
Dragos
>>
>>4385131
ceaser cipher, 7 back
>>
File: l2.jpg (100 KB, 720x960)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>4385138
>>4385144
It was a Caesar cipher and you solve it in ten minutes.

Dear Alan,

In your last letter, you expressed an interest to visit Transylvania and inquired about the location of the Scholomance. I regret to inform you that the school does not physically exist in this world, nor is it a place one can freely visit.
The Scholomance exists in the burning realm of our masters, but it can be summoned to our world on certain nights, if one performs the right rituals.
Our masters are immortal and magnificent. Their gifts are truly marvelous. But you will need to prove your loyalty to them before they share their gifts with you. To prove your loyalty, you must first promise them your immortal soul and perform extreme rituals of sex and blood.
The weak may call our rituals blasphemous and degenerate. But I have always found them liberating and extremely pleasurable.
I hope that you find the blessings of our masters, as I already have.

Your friend,
Dragos

>You aren't surprised that your uncle dabbled in the occult. A lot of otherwise intelligent people believed in similar superstitions.
>You doubt that your uncle really believed in this occult nonsense. He probably just used it as an excuse to indulge in his depraved sexual fetishes.
>You doubt that your uncle really believed in this occult nonsense. He probably just used it to gather blackmail material on other rich and powerful men.
>Write In
>>
>>4385159
>>You aren't surprised that your uncle dabbled in the occult. A lot of otherwise intelligent people believed in similar superstitions.
>>
>>4385159
>You aren't surprised that your uncle dabbled in the occult. A lot of otherwise intelligent people believed in similar superstitions.
>>
>>4385159
>>You aren't surprised that your uncle dabbled in the occult. A lot of otherwise intelligent people believed in similar superstitions.
>>
>>4385159
>>
>>4385159
>>
>>4385168
>>4385261
>>4385382
>>4385482
>>4385516
You aren't surprised that your uncle dabbled in the occult. A lot of otherwise intelligent people believe in similar superstitions.
If you read this letter on a sunny afternoon back in America, you would have laughed it off. But you are in a dark mansion in Romania. It's the middle of the night and you can hear rain and thunderstorm outside. So you find it hard to put the letter out of your mind, even though you've always considered yourself a sane and rational man.
You read the letter again and again. It actually answers many of your questions. Your uncle and his friends were part of a secret group of wealthy occultists. The rumors about depraved orgies taking place in the mansion are true and those orgies were part of their ceremonies. By 'our masters' they probably referred to whatever fictitious deities they worshiped.
You don't believe in black magic but your uncle clearly did. You wonder how many servants had suffered because of his superstitions.
You came to the mansion to learn the truth and it's all starting to come together. Of course you still don't know who murdered your uncle, but you know a lot more about him than you had before coming to Romania.

>You go to bed feeling content.
>You still have a bad feeling about all this.
>You feel an unhealthy interest in the occult.
>Write In
>>
>>4385600
>You go to bed feeling content.

Say a prayer first.
>>
>>4385600
>>You feel an unhealthy interest in the occult.
>>
>>4385600
>>You feel an unhealthy interest in the occult.
>>
>>4385607
>>4385619
>>4385627
You are not exactly a religious man. You can't even remember the last time you went to the church. After all, there is little place for faith in the modern world.
But you find yourself muttering a silent prayer in the dark tonight. The words your Romanian grandmother had taught you all those years ago come flooding back.
You also remember the old man you had met earlier. He had said "may god protect you". You wonder what you needed protection from as you slowly drift off to sleep.
As the night gets darker, you hear the sounds of rats moving in the wall. Not too surprising as the mansion is very old. Perhaps you'll try calling an exterminator in the morning.
Ever since reading that letter, You have been feeling an unhealthy interest in the occult. You have only a passing knowledge about occultism and secret cults, but you are now feeling a strong desire to learn more.
What part of the letter interests you the most?

>The Scholomance or the school of black magic that can be summoned to this world on certain nights
>The masters who come from the burning realm and grant marvelous gifts to their loyalest servants
>The blasphemous and degenerate rituals your uncle always found extremely pleasurable and liberating
>Write In
>>
>>4385645
>The Scholomance or the school of black magic that can be summoned to this world on certain nights
>>
>>4385645
>>The Scholomance or the school of black magic that can be summoned to this world on certain nights
>>
>>4385645
>>The Scholomance or the school of black magic that can be summoned to this world on certain nights
>>
>>4385645
>>The blasphemous and degenerate rituals your uncle always found extremely pleasurable and liberating
>>
>>4385728
>>4385820
>>4385829
>>4385831
You feel most intrigued by the mention of the Scholomance or the school of black magic that can be summoned to Transylvania on certain nights.
Your favorite stories from Romanian folklore have always been about the Solomonari or the evil wizards who have mastered black magic and the speech of animals at the school. You still remember the names of the most notorious solomonars of Romania: Vlad Dracula, Despina the Impure, Ty'ere, Ventruszch, Brohmyr, Izhain and Vohc.
However, to prove themselves worthy of the secrets of black magic, a student must first sacrifice his immortal soul and abandon his hopes of salvation by performing the foulest blasphemies.

>You want to know the truth about black magic, learn its secrets and solve the greater mysteries of the world.
>You feel seduced by the allure of black magic. The dark powers offered to the Solomonari: the speech of animals, the ability to control the weather and the possibility of immortality.
>You feel that the cost is far too high, no matter how marvelous the rewards may be.
>Write In
>>
>>4386019
>>You feel that the cost is far too high, no matter how marvelous the rewards may be.
>>
>>4386019
>You feel that the cost is far too high, no matter how marvelous the rewards may be.
>>
>>4386032
>>4386051
You feel that the cost is far too high, no matter how marvelous the rewards may be.
Of course you don't truly believe in superstitions like the Scholomance. The terrible things that happened in this mansion were born of human greed and lust. Nothing supernatural like black magic or evil wizards.
"There is no such thing as monsters... no such thing as true evil..." you whisper as you fall asleep.

>You dream of the gloomy black haired maid
>You dream of the flirty blonde haired maid
>You dream of a bloated headless corpse
>Write In
>>
>>4386169
>>You dream of the gloomy black haired maid
>>
>>4386169
>>
>>4386169
>>
>>4386169
>You dream of the gloomy black haired maid

Based coomers ignoring the thot.
>>
>>4386169
>>You dream of the flirty blonde haired maid
>>
>>4386169
>You dream of a bloated headless corpse
>>
>>4386169
this feels like foreshadowing, so...
>>You dream of a bloated headless corpse
>>
>>4386169
>You dream of the flirty blonde haired maid
>>
>>4386169
>>You dream of the flirty blonde haired maid
>>
File: 1593898207195.jpg (108 KB, 1080x1080)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
The gloomy black haired maid
>>
>>4386195
>>4386225
>>4386229
>>4386232
>>4386238
>>4386998
>>4387194
>>4387917
>>4388379
>>4388682
This thread got permasaged so we'll continue on a new thread.
>>
>>4390786

Just continue it, most threads run till they're on page 10
>>
>>4390788
Feels a bit weird to bump a week old thread but I guess I'll do it from next thread.
>>
>>4390825
New and probably final thread: >>4390787

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.