[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vmg / vr / vrpg / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 271 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

New board: /vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

New board: /vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

File: QTG.png (11 KB, 1152x648)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
Welcome to /qtg/, a place to talk about quests.

>What is a quest?
An interactive story in which the Quest Master writes and provides the readers with options on how to proceed. Dice may or may not be included.

Useful links:
>https://pastebin.com/2T37iDFQ
An old collection of advice and guides. Worth a look for a new QM.

Archive of quest reviews:
>http://pastebin.com/u/QuestReviewsArchive

Archiving guide:
Go to http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/requestqstinterface.html
Fill out the request form to archive a thread.
Threads are also automatically archived by other websites, such as archived.moe

Formatting guide:
Only the thread's OP can format.
Remove the spaces between the [] brackets and the letters:
Bold: [ b ]text[ /b ] text
Italics: [ i ]text[ /i ] text
Red: [ red ]text[ /red ] text
Blue: [ blue ]text[ /blue ] text
Green: [ green ]text[ /green ] text

Previous Thread:
>>4308927

>QM question
How big is the collection of your secret QM notes?

>Player question
Have you ever embarrassed yourself with a post you made?
>>
whoops
>>
File: point_120426.png (7 KB, 512x512)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>4348547
I can't believe how big you just fucked up hahahaha look at that nerd everyone point and laugh
>>
>>4348547
/qst/ Discord: https://discord.gg/dZavHuK
>>
>>4348547
>QM question
20 pages long

Go vote in my quest goddammit.
>>4348593
>>
Anybody ever try ranked/preferential/Condorcet voting?
>>
>>4348753
ranked based on what
>>
>>4348547
>>QM question
>How big is the collection of your secret QM notes?

Very. I have one note file for every thread and one for the general framework.

>>Player question
>Have you ever embarrassed yourself with a post you made?

First quest by semi-newfag who did ‘t know what railroading was. Needless to say, I did the nope.
>>
>>4348761
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranked_voting
https://civs.cs.cornell.edu/rp.html
>>
>>4348781
Oh, that. Maybe, but I doubt it. Mostly because ties aren't exactly something that frequently remains long enough or occurs frequently enough to demand a secondary preference.
>>
>>4348786
The point of ranked voting is to prevent the two early favorites from dominating the poll. It has nothing to do with breaking ties.
For example: Let's say you post a normal plurality poll with three choices. Several people have been waiting for you to post the poll, and they immediately vote for options A and B; none of these early voters like option C. A few minutes or hours later, another voter wanders into the thread. He wants option C, but he sees that it has no chance of winning a plurality of votes; options A and B are the only game in town. So he votes for B as the lesser of two evils, in order to avoid "wasting" his vote. Under ranked voting, however, he could put C as his first choice, B as his second choice, and A as his first choice.
>>
>>4348805
>A as his first choice
*A as his third choice
>>
>>4348805
Yes, thank you for the two minute youtube video summary. You're aware that this is an interactive fiction board on 4chan and not a political election, yes? There's no such thing as "the only game in town." Many quests allow for and even encourage write ins. Many QMs will combine options if they aren't mutually exclusive. People will debate their choices, and be convinced to change them, after they've already submitted a vote.

And yes, it has everything to do with ties here. This isn't a hidden ballot election where nobody knows the results until counting day, they're all up front, and right there. Absolutely nobody gives a single shit particle of a fuck about early favorites here, and I've never seen any evidence to the contrary.

TL;DR- Why even.
>>
>>4347858
Get in here
>>
File: Lions Eating a Sun.jpg (210 KB, 700x577)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
>>4349011
>>4349011
>>4349011
Exotic plate armor, for your most loyal friend. A zip line, down and out of an ancient ruin. Symbolic heraldry! Jokes about the church of restraint!

Catalyst Quest can have fun too, every once in awhile. (Yes, there's funeral rites even here, but we're trying. Honest.) We're live, and will be running for the rest of the weekend!
>>
File: 1594241136740.jpg (234 KB, 1280x1503)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
>>4346449
>>4346449
>>4346449
I'm running Evil Orc Marauder Quest, for all of your Evil Orc Marauding needs. You crawled fully formed from a hellish pit about ten minutes ago and now you're trying to impale as many skulls as you can while you storm a castle wall. I'm having fun with the innate savagery of the protagonist's perspective and I hope you can too. If any other anons want to roll a 1d100 for the current check that would be the bitch's tits/bee's knees, depending on your personal preference toward profanity.
>>
File: Macharius_Charge.png (563 KB, 768x548)
563 KB
563 KB PNG
Imperial Crusade Quest continues:

The crusade fleet has been stalled at the major enemy system of Janeiro. As the battle continues to rage in space Lady Solar Celestorus contemplates her next move.

>>4337876
>>4337876
>>
>>4348828
I don't disagree with the main thrust of ehat your saying, but I think there is an argument to be made that sometimes players will bandwagon on the first vote made even if there is some other choice they would prefer.
>>
>>4348547
>QM question
My list of SECRET QM notes it's that long (yet), my list of QM notes in general... is getting pretty long.
>>
File: threads.png (1.06 MB, 1801x857)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
These are the top sixteen threads right now. Say something nice about them.
>>
>>4349573
>Sworn to Valor

we haven't had a proper shitshow for two? three? threads.
>>
Persona moonless update?
>>
>>4349614
The QM got hit with the curse and ain't coming back for a long while.
>>
>>4348547
Only ran my quest for less than a thread, but I had made extensive notes about the setting and desired plot. What I didn't have notes for was the first thread or individual steps.

I distinctly remember when I pointed out that once an autist learns basic human behavior on a fundamental level they can basically do anything, an anon responded with "WHERE DO YOU THINK WE ARE?"
That and when I name fagged for a bit.
>>
File: EMQ White Logo.png (2.18 MB, 1600x867)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB PNG
Eclipsed Moon Quest Returns today at 3:30pm Eastern Standard Time.

Its a Sailor Moon quest about a second generation cast inspired by the fanart pitch made a few years back by online artist Makacon which was mistaken by a lot of people as production art for the 25th anniversary series that we now know was SM Crystal.

I've been away a while, but I dusted things off and had a fun romp with that Sailor Bear shitpost quest so here we are. A little older, a little wiser, a little apprehensive and not fully comfortable with some things I've writ in the past, and still with too much story to get through ahead of the endgame.

You can check the archive here
>http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=eclipsed%20moon

If you want to take the dive in. Conversely there is a pretty succinct review of the quest up in the thread OP list of quest reviews.

See folks at 3:30pm EST for opening posts.
>>
Catalyst Quest is LIVE!

>>4349720
>>4349720
>>4349720
It's difficult to not think of home, and the road ahead. Your partner wants to be alongside you, but the risks that come with Her presence may place the lives of everyone you know in jeopardy. Are you a bad enough dude to accept the company of a Goddess, when you return to your church?

>>4348547
-Spreadsheet for abbreviated timeline
-Cherrytree document with all character names, portraits, hierarchy of demons/government/organizations, general bg movement of stuff the protag doesn't directly influence, etc.
-Massive plaintext backup with notes sporadically and all youtube links
-Youtube channel with archive of all music used
-Turbo neatly organized folders with backup for all images, including ample character reference
-Multiple tables for everything from body horror inspiration and demon appearances to exotic metals and Magic rituals

A lot of the time I don't consult any of this when updating, but having it all at my disposal makes it insanely convenient when I do want to look something up or need a resource.

I actually went through the herculean effort of consolidating everything into a concise timeline, that anyone could read with minimal context to see what's happened in the quest. Pic related, broke it down into four total pics that are apparently too large for 4chan's resolution cap. At the bare minimum, it helped me identify big moments, recurring elements, major characters, etc.
>>
>>4349654
The curse?
>>
>>4349573

Fuck goblinquest.
>>
>>4349573
sworn: knights with sswords
goblin: got some art in it
girls und panzer: cum heads in denial
fate: no clue
godzilla: could be cool probably isn't
multiplayer kek: would be cool without the word isekai diluting the concept into dumbness
skelton island thing 2: art king
dragon ball tuffle quest: no clue but probably cum heads
pilot stranded in 40k: da emprah waagh blood god
cold war shithole: seem's original
star wars the knights of: "sith boy toy" maybe ok
hero academia: probably cum people
catalyst quest: looks like effort
gun x glory: videogames cool, guns.
/k/ quest: wait a minute
>>
>>4349959
nice
>>
File: Spoiler Image (6 KB, 172x250)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>4349959
>girls und panzer: cum heads in denial

who said we're in denial?
>>
>>4349573
My quest is not there but please give it a try regardless. We are a hardworking girl who's trying to become the best Magic Knight there ever was, but we don't have offensive spells.

>>4329065
>>4329065
>>4329065
>>
Anyway, Cum head in denial quest is running now. Join us as we go be archeologists.

>>4349984

>>4349985
Love your quest Melk. I’m reading the archives between writing.
>>
>>4349894
Anyone who runs a quest must dodge the curse, which brings calamity both physical and mental upon them until they cease QMing forever. It gets everyone eventually.
>>
Eclipsed Moon Quest Returns with Ep 155, bare with me I got out of work early so I’m posting from the road.

>>4350053
>>4350053
>>4350053
>>
>>4350059

>bare with me

Bear you say?
>>
>>4349913
Whats wrong with goblinquest?
>>
File: OP.jpg (670 KB, 2000x2000)
670 KB
670 KB JPG
In the Quarantine, a dark fantasy about a plague in a renaissance city with guns and magic, you are investigating several possibilities for a cure. Exploring some ruins to find the Philosopher Stone and confront the tyrannical Doge of the City with his corrupt Militia. Diving in the deep water caves and fighting a Kraken with a submarine and Fishmen for a miraculous algae. Or make your way in the undead filled catacombs and use a dark ritual to eliminate any pathogens.

Will you be able to save the City? Will you choose the mermaid, the witch, the soldier or the vestal as your lover? What can the Inquisition, the Elves and the Militia do against when you if you repair your six-shot or use divine magic spells and alchemical potions? Or you a ruthless killer or a man with a golden heart?

>>4350362
>>4350362
>>4350362
>>
>>4350190
Some fags get triggered by rape
>>
File: Le mental connection.png (9 KB, 755x447)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
Mutant!Quest is live!!!

We take our gemstone assailant as our captive and attempt to awaken her before the cops show up.

>>4350992
>>4350992
>>4350992
>>
ceg is a faggot. BB when?
>>
How do anons feel about the following format? Too awkward?

(Character name/implied character's action)
>Dialogue

e.g.

Skullsplitter laughs as he hefts his sword
>I'm not helpless you know!
>>
>>4351175
Reverse it. Actions go with a green meme arrow. Dialoges dont.

>Skullsplitter laughs as he hefts his sword
I'm not helpless you know!
>>
Why is that new fateshit quest more popular than my quest.
Fuck.
>>
>>4351364
>anime fanfic
>meme
>isekai
>metagaming is encouraged and required
Is it really surprising considering the community here?
>>
>>4351364
What quest you run?
>>
>>4351365
>Anime fanfic
Anime website
>Isekai
Perfect for quests
>Meme
Buzzword
>Metagaming
I'd prefer open and encouraged metagaming to stealth-metagaming.
>>
>>4351364
it is probably the cum people
>>
meme=buzzword kek
ok retard
>>
>>4351383
Look at this little gremlin.
>>
File: current company.png (7.58 MB, 8000x3537)
7.58 MB
7.58 MB PNG
>>4351457
>>4351457
>>4351457
A rescue party was assembled (for once) to get you out of the ruins beneath the capital city. The company of the most competent men and women in your company wasn't ultimately necessary— but boy, are you all glad to see each other.

Catalyst Quest is LIVE!
>>
>>4351096
KILL CEGGY
>>
>>4350037
I remember the following:

>QM's computer catches fire
>A divorce
>Sudden and traumatic move
>Job loss
>Near vehicular manslaughter
>All sorts of illnesses
>Deadly chicken nuggets
>A ban on the board they were running on
>>
File: EHbQEq6VUAA-N_q.jpg (719 KB, 1638x2048)
719 KB
719 KB JPG
>>4344366

Want to get in on a quest on the ground floor? DETH HED is just getting started! Isekai with hopefully dark undertones and a cool upgrade system!
>>
>>4351187
Hmm. I'm aiming for a mix of descriptive narration and screenplay format...

What about boldtext for character's names if there's no associated action, and plain for everything else?

[b]Skullsplitter[/b]
"I'm not helpless you know!"
>>
>>4351364
Because fanfiction is more popular than not-fanfiction on a board where both are present. Welcome to the internet. You're not going to be King Big Dick of Shit Fuck Mountain, and you want to aim for having an audience, not having the biggest audience, or a bigger audience than the guy over there. For something as long-term as a quest, seething that somebody's more popular than you won't do you favors.

>>4349913
>>4350190
>>4350382
There's a lot to say about Goblin Quest. I've checked it out, and...the first thread gives an *incredibly* poor impression for anybody trying to get anything of substance out of it. It's more than one can reasonably talk about without giving the whole thing a fair read and analysis, because it's now on its sixth thread, and from what I've seen, the recent couple of threads have taken an entirely different tack.

Now, if you want to watch Transformers 2, you can watch Transformers 2, but by the same token if somebody talks shit about it and the reason is legit you can't disprove them by saying "nuh uh." Nobody's clutching their pearls and begging the crowd to think of the children concerning Goblin Quest. Playing as the leader of a pack of immature horny imbeciles, on 4chan, the Mecca of immature horny imbeciles, is offending literally nobody. It isn't offensive, what it is is mind-numbing. As I've said it would take a full length review and analysis to illustrate the depth of how mind numbing the first thread in particular is, but as I've also said, it's unfair to judge a quest based off its first thread and it's still short enough to read through in a small amount of time. Complete fairness requires weighing both the positives and negatives, especially with the consideration that what it is really isn't my thing, otherwise it'd be a rant not a review, and while that'd be cathartic it would actually answer anything.

>>4351583
>screenplay format
My advice is to rethink if you really want to do that. There's a reason why it's set up the way it is, and it's so that people can act to it. You're not writing a play here, you don't have any actors who you need to firmly break apart the lines and actions of. All it accomplishes here is making the dialogue and action stilted and destroying any flow there may have been. It's like if you decided to draw a webcomic and then also decided you'd copy manga influence by making it read right to left. For no reason, because you aren't from a culture that reads that way. You have to really think about what you gain when you're making an unusual stylistic choice.

>>4349894
Real Life.
>>
>>4351754
What exactly don't you like about the quest? The grammar, the technical aspects of writing, the usage of the word rape? I lurk the threads ocassionally and don't mind those things, in fact I see them as part of the charm, they really make you feel you're playing as a chaotic goblin.
>>
File: griggers.jpg (138 KB, 705x1123)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>4351875
>What exactly don't you like about the quest? The grammar, the technical aspects of writing, the usage of the word rape?
I've mentioned that going properly into it would take time, and whilst the quality of prose is definitely a factor (deliberately simplistic speech isn't necessarily bad prose but it's much more than just pretending to talk like a Party City interpretation of a cro-magnon) it's not the only thing. Again, it takes some more time than that to lay it all out properly.

Something I will address right away, to nip in the bud, is this *insistence* that people are "triggered" because of the usage of the word rape. They're not, and if you think they are then your nigger ass must have gotten turned around on the way to somewhere the fuck else. This isn't Sufficient Velocity where you have to appeal to the sensibilities of an overbearing moderation team or else you're banned and sat before some Soviet-esque tribunal, but this also isn't Akun where endlessly cumming your brains out is seen as acceptable writing and character development, by people who can't read actual books because they can't turn a page with one hand on their cock. Nobody cares that there's rape. Get over yourself. What people care about when they're off-put by this shit is when it's endless, incessant, and of no importance besides being crass. It's like if somebody decided that having every other word be "Fuck" and every fourth word be "Nigger" was a cool way to write the dialogue of every single character. It gets goddamn exhausting.

In short, we've all seen this comic page, and I hope I don't have to explain why I think it's relevant to attach here.
>>
>>4352004

relevant
>>
how 2 dodge QM Curse
>>
>>4352145
Just never start QMing
>>
File: curse.jpg (231 KB, 869x943)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
>>4352145
>>
>>4352147
shit guess I'm too late for that
>>
>>4352154
RIP in peace
>>
>>4352145
Have you tried working the shaft?
>>
>>4352142
Isn't that cherry picking as you went through all the threads just to find the one thread that uses that word the most times.
>>
>>4352180
I mean even if it is, that's insanely excessive yeah?
>>
>>4352180
>>4352181

That's thread four. 76 counts in thread one. I forget how many in the other threads.

Then there are 225 counts of grigger in also thread four if I remember correctly. Don't remember the rest. Also I have no clue how to use a photo editor and did not want to spam the qtg.
>>
>>4352181
>>4352185
So? Just don't read the quest if that's a problem.
>>
>>4352191
I'm not, sperging retard.
>>
>>4352191

I don't. But I fail to understand why everyone's so vehemently defensive of it.
>>
>>4352191
I mean I don't dickhead, I was just replying to a comment about cherry picking
>>
If anons don't enjoy something they shouldn't constantly be bashing it. Just ignore the quest and stop getting defensive about it.
>>
>>4352181
Nah I'll be fair here and say that the context matters, that the count of a word alone doesn't really illustrate anything besides that it's being used in the thread as a whole. That includes in universe discussion, people commenting, votes, et cetera. One can say what they will about the audience (there was a bizarre write in asking if the raped goats were pregnant because...well, frankly, pure assumption based off other media) they aren't necessarily reflective of the quest itself.
>>
>>4352215
That's a good point actually, I didn't consider people copy/pasting votes with the word rape in them or discussing choices etc
>>
>>4352215
anons asking if the goats they raped were pregnant or not isn't representative of the quality of the quest?
>>
Smh this is 4chan. If you see someone criticize your own quest or criticize a quest you like just call them autistic and a retard. And if someone disagrees with you about a quest being bad just call them a retard and a sperg.
>>
You are just about to delve into the deep with your submarine and the help of the Fishmen to fight Elven Commandos and a Kraken. There you hope to find a miraculous algae to cure the plague.

>>4352267
>>4352267
>>4352267
>>
>>4351504
Never forget the qm who beat the crap out of a burglar in his house and got sued for it.
>>
>>4352357
>>4336761
King of Wolves returns! Pardon the wait.
>>
I was told to shill my quest here so:

>>4348252

It's a mech quest. Trying to be a bit on the "realistic" side of /k/ autism. Most likely a one shot.
>>
>>4349501
I'll second that. When I play Quests, there are times that I will simply vote for whatever is in the lead to move things along, or if the choice that I want hasn't been voted for I'll simply sit this one out. And when I've run Quests, I've noticed similar trends too.
>>
>>4352201
Probably because they don't want people coming in here and trying to dictate what is and is not board culture. I can't speak for them, but it certainly rubs me the wrong way, in a way that 500 instances of the word "rape" don't.
>>
>>4353017
>Probably because they don't want people coming in here and trying to dictate what is and is not board culture

Not all that hard to do honestly. Doing some anonkun shit and then getting defensive about it, whining that no one can tell them what is and is not board culture is a little telling
>>
>>4353035
This is a /tg/ splitoff board yeah? Fantasy racism, a weird obsession with goblins and orcs, and a million mentions of rape all sound like /tg/ culture to me. I haven't read the quest you're talking about but it doesn't sound that out of place. I just wish the guy didn't put his shitty MS paint art in the catalog.
>>
>>4353039
This was a /tg/ split off board sure but the two have very different cultures these days. They've digressed. I haven't looked at the goblin quest either, honestly I don't give a shit about it one way or another. I can't speak to fantasy racism so much but I think rape and obsession with green stuff is more /tg/ than /qst/. I'd say that's in part due to the fact that there are no general threads to obsess in here
>>
>>4353041
I'm actually a 4chan historian and I've studied the culture of various boards excessively. I have one thing to say about this issue. No one gives a shit about board culture retard.
>>
>>4353046
Yeah cool man, I was replying to comment about board culture you glownigger
>>
>>4352324
That was SCION/VOID the guy who ran that Worm quest series that was set up to be epic kino, but he left without a trace or explanation after months of absence, despite still playing games on Discord
>>
>>4353004
>/qst/ discord circlejerk member
this invalidates your entire effort, just so you know
>>
>>4348547

The Expedition Quest returns! Defeat the vile machinations of the Scarab once and for all!

>>4353278
>>4353278
>>4353278
>>
File: when.jpg (30 KB, 675x680)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>
File: Church of Agriculture2.png (779 KB, 1280x720)
779 KB
779 KB PNG
>>4353312
>>4353312
>>4353312
Four and a half years have passed since you made an unbelievable sacrifice, on behalf of your entire country. Grief has concealed the truth of your experiences, and the suicide of your first mentor, for far too long. Politics are rampantly invading your life, and this time, you aren't running. It's time to get to the bottom of an unjust death, with the help of your friends.

Catalyst Quest is live!
>>
File: WW Camo.jpg (212 KB, 1280x720)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
GuP Quest is running! Join us as we return to Ōoarai and prepare for the semi-finals.

>>4353362
>>4353362
>>4353362
>>
File: 1478792348859.jpg (14 KB, 203x209)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>4351754
I'm going to write a Goblin Quest review in a couple of days. It's legitimately an interesting read. Not good or bad, but interesting, and even the first thread is absolutely compelling in a meta-narrative standpoint.
Also, that Transformers tangent is absolutely mindnumbing. Could've explained it single sentence without waxing poetic.
>>
Is it worth bringing back a quest that has been dead for five years?
My mental health gas deteriorated to the point where it feels like I can write again.
Or maybe it's suffered too much.
I do not know.
>>
>>4353474
Go for it, I mentioned once in QTG a quest I ran about seven years ago back on /tg/ and multiple people remembered it. I had no intention of starting it back up but it was flattering.
>>
Eclipsed Moon Quest Episode 155 resumes.

>>4353497
>>4353497
>>4353497
>>
>>4353474
Yeah do it.
>>
Do people do a lot of text formatting? Also what is a good amount of time between posting? Or is there not any sort of norm?
>>
Also I know a lot of threads use drawings, but other use stills and gifs from related subjects. I don't have a steady hand, but is it generally appreciated to have more images?
>>
>>4353182
what do you mean?
>>
>>4353534
>>4353531

I'm no experts, but my quest is still alive so I'm sure I'm doing something right.

As far as text formatting, as long as you have proper paragraphs and basic grammar it's not that big a deal. I personally leave votes for 1/2 an hour then write for 1/2 an hour, but other QMs do other things. Forgotten for example leaves his for a whole day, and Merc did 15 minutes for each instead.

I like to use lots of images and think it helps add to the experience, but obviously I have an easy source for my images others don't.
>>
Which drawfag is the best?
>>
>>4353695
Elaborate.
>>
Has anyone used that online Kisekae program to make artwork for a Quest Thread?

It’s easy to use, and I think it would add a lot to an anime-themed quest.

http://pochi.x.fc2.com/kisekae/k_kisekae2.html
>>
>>4353705
thanks
>>
>>4353531
Text formatting depends entirely on the QM. Some do it, others don't, and while it can help with readability if used correctly you won't be criticised for choosing to do it or not. Posting time is also entirely dependable, and generally speaking the larger or more complicated the update the more patient people will be. If you take a whole day to write a post about walking down the road then people will tap their feet, but if you're writing a thousand words at a time or juggling lots of crunch then people will be willing to wait sometimes a couple of days.
>>4353534
Images or gifs add a bit more immersion and help to illustrate the scene or point being made and definitely add to the post, but like formatting they are an added bonus rather than a requirement. You can get away with reusing images every so often, but it's also easy to waste hours searching for the perfect image to attach. Generally people won't mind where it's from so long as the pic is related to the scene.
>>
>>4353695
Notapaladin
>>
File: galley.jpg (1.04 MB, 2553x1830)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
You just boarded an Elven galley "manned" by ice golems while the Elves were charmed by your mermaid ally. How are you going to stop them before they ram your ship?

>>4353821
>>4353821
>>4353821
>>
>>4353706
looks useful. Do you know how to get rid of all but one girl on the editor?
>>
File: hurhurhur.png (34 KB, 451x345)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
>>4353534

I'm not the best drawfag, but it's good to use if you can't convey something with just images. Tablet is recommended for serious drawfaggotry. I don't own one, but there's a noticeable difference between tablet-drawing and just mousing it, even if you totally suck at drawing.

I mouse my crap, and it comes in varying levels of passable. Players always appreciate the effort though, and whether or not you want to draw or do images completely depends on your preference.
>>
>>4348547
Feel like finally diving in and starting a quest soon, have tons of notes that I've been wanting to do something with. Just wanna ask though, when's the best time to start a quest?
>>
>>4353921

Weekend. Late Thursday to Sunday is when the activity here kicks up best, usually nighttime, burger-time.
>>
Are quests litrpg?
>>
>>4353924
sweet, thanks, gonna try for next week then
>>
>>4353956
And so he was never heard from again, claimed mercilessly by the jaws of defeat and left bereft of life and joy in horrid misfortune for all of his days.
>>
Is there some resource which explains how do the background stuff for a quest? Like you give 2-3 choices every once in a while and the quest direction changes upon the choice. So do you have to prepare in advance for all 3 choices or just wing it as you go? I want some resource which explains all this background stuff. I've never ran a quest before, but want to run an ASOIAF quest in the vein of the House Shryke, House Reynold quests.
>>
>>4353955
They aren't really games because there's no goal or win/lose conditions. Unless you call any structured recreational activity a game, which is a school of thought. They're definitely roleplay.
>>
>>4354069
Quests are just free form games they can be very open-ended with you being able to do almost anything, but that's the same for many sandbox games like Minecraft. There doesn't need to be a win condition when you can set your own goals.
>>
File: prisoner of the mind.png (606 KB, 799x510)
606 KB
606 KB PNG
Mutant!Quest is live!!!

We attempt to unravel the mystery that is the crystal mutant and get surrounded by agents in the sewers.

>>4324253
>>4324253
>>4324253
>>
>>4354356
>>4354356
>>4354356

Sworn to Valour #25 is up!

It is time for our 'shield go clang' knight to see how he fares at the social event of the year.
>>
>>4349573
Fate and Catlayst are pretty interesting.
>>
>>4354443
Oh and, 999 Quest is up and running. Y'know, if anyone cares.

>>4353495
>>4353495
>>4353495
>>
>>4349573
Shinji Isekai is based.
I can't believe somebody finally went for it.
>>
File: Hana_in_Tank.jpg (1.11 MB, 2895x4083)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
GuP Quest is live! Join us as we try to set up our gunner with Hana!

>>4355051
>>4355051
>>4355051
>>
>>4353991
I deep dived all the other old quests and the awoiaf site for background info. Still do pretty regularly. I like my fanfiction a little on the diet side of things, so while I do like to sometimes add in characters from the books when appropriate or as nods to other quests, the majority of the characters that can be interacted with in major ways are my own inventions. I make up additional minor houses to flesh things out when it suits me and also use a lot of the canon houses that have little more than a name and a coat of arms of background just to give that extra flexibility. The main rulebook the ASOIAF quests are based off of is a useful resource, but tends to work best with some homebrewing. The campaign guide book is pretty meh because the wiki has better info on houses/regions and its stat sheets for major npcs are a series of inconsistent dumpster fires.

My actual planning is a lot more on the winging it side because I've long since given up trying to predict vote directions and don't like rails in general. Rails will just stress you out when anons inevitably want to take a leap off or interpret things differently than you. I think less planning adds to the realism because you're less tempted to inadvertently limit the players' possible directions out of meta knowledge of some event you're working them towards or away from. "I don't want to give them a chance to go to this wedding because this bandit camp really needs to be cleared out which they simply HAVE to succeed at so they can find this secret missive the leader has in his pocket from an artificially low awareness check so that they will follow it to this tavern and pass my lowball persuasion check so that they will cross the sea to this manse and meet this cool mastermind I thought up so that..."

I'd say I plan maybe two or so votes ahead at most with a few more distant "well they could get to this" subplots floating around. Most of those subplots end up getting scrapped though, not that there's anything wrong with that; some can be recycled and used in different ways. However, I do try to be sure to have carefully considered the consequences of a vote before presenting all the options because that's only fair to the players. If there are three options, then I'll at least know the rewards/consequences even if I don't prewrite much of anything. The lack of any prewriting is more of a lack of free time on my end though.

I check these threads sporadically at best, so if you need any help or have any more specific questions, then feel free to DM me on twitter.
>>
>>4354094
I would argue Minecraft is a toy before it's a game. But I'm not gonna die on that hill or anything
>>
File: OP.jpg (732 KB, 2500x692)
732 KB
732 KB JPG
Bastard's Boars reboot!

>>4355321
>>4355321
>>
>>4355367
Well, it's about time.
>>
File: Luna and broach.jpg (151 KB, 1237x1920)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
Eclipsed Moon Quest Thread Resumed

>>4350053
>>4350053
>>4350053
>>
>>4355184
Thanks a lot, Boggs! I love your quest!
>>
I fucking miss Soma
>>
File: Church of Spirit.png (635 KB, 1000x667)
635 KB
635 KB PNG
>>4355627
>>4355627
>>4355627
One of your oldest enemies is even more ruthless than you imagined. You've forgiven the leader of the Church of Spirit once before, for nearly ruining your entire life. There may still be a way to stop the nightmare— if you can work together.

Catalyst Quest's weekday update is out! More to come before the end of the night.
>>
>>4355669
Lurking while I read through the archives. Loving everything so far, this is incredibly layered
>>
File: unknown (24).png (69 KB, 768x382)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
>>4355787
Thank you very much man, seriously means a lot! If you want/need/like any aids, there's a big visual reference in the Google Drive that summarizes and highlights major events. All of the high-res character art/maps/calendars are there as well.
>>
>>4355367
gay
>>
File: FALLEN logo.png (1.59 MB, 1920x1080)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB PNG
FALLEN: School days is live.

>>4339784
>>4339784
>>4339784
>>
File: blackopsopBM.jpg (121 KB, 801x840)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
"What the hell is going on here? Nobody told us about Black Operations in the mission briefing. "

>>4356398

Black Mesa Black Ops quest has another thread up.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d100)

test
>>
I have question are allowed to do a quest like you do in a visual novel? I have an idea of Sister of Battle x Adept idea I want to try out
>>
>>4356608
Im not sure what you mean
>>
>>4356608
Sure.
>>
>>4356608
I expressly forbid it.
>>
>>4356544
What you're testing for?
>>
>>4356695
Something like this
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=Marcia
>>
File: based Ōoarai flag.png (115 KB, 1664x936)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
GuP Quest is running! Join us as we make a very important decision about Ōoarai's future!

>>4356751
>>4356751
>>4356751
>>
What was the most popular Quest on this board?

I just got finished reading HMQ and wanted to see what was at the top.
>>
>>4356778
Sworn to Valour probably as far as consistent voters and number of players goes
>>
File: 1594708215658.png (12 KB, 400x400)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
Gnoll Quest continues

>>4340264
>>
>>4356752
Testing if the multiplication sign works in dices. it doesn't
>>
>>4356755
Go for it
>>
>>4356778
What would you even base a quest's popularity on?
>>
>>4357007
Number of unique IPs, I'd say, combined with post rates. It's not necessarily the amount of posts a quests has in total, after all.
>>
I spent several hours today working on something that might be cool, or might be awful. It's too late to post it tonight, but tomorrow afternoon I'll put it up and see what happens.
>>
What's the rate of female protagonists to male?
>>
>>4357067
Roughly 1:1 but there are slightly more male ones.
>>
This might be a long shot but does anyone remember Badge and Bullet?
>>
>>4357072

The one about the cop construct?
>>
>>4357079
Yeah that one
>>
Underwater fight vs giant squids helped while you try to protect a submarine with the help of Fishmen and a mermaid.

>>4357112
>>4357112
>>4357112
>>
Mutant!Quest is live!!!

In which we continue to fight our way out of the sewers...

>>4357095
>>4357095
>>4357095
>>
>>4357131
>>4357131
>>4357131
As the leading researcher of the Catalyst, your allies have looked to you for answers. Research in the field brought you into the lair of a demon of Time. A demon of Time brought you nearly two thousand years to the past. The history of a grieving father has illuminated life, death, and your obsession in-between. The most intelligent man you've ever met has helped you reach multiple, horrifying conclusions— and granted you with more hope than ever before.

You have your answers.

Catalyst Quest's weekday update is out.
>>
How would one go about running a quest focused around two large armies clashing? Like a quest where you take control of an army and must manage it down to units and numbers to defeat and conquer the other side? Any systems made for that sort of thing or recommended reading?
>>
Rolled 1, 6, 14, 15 + 1 = 37 (4d20 + 1)

>>
Rolled 6, 18, 20, 18 + 1 = 63 (4d20 + 1)

>>4357350
>>
Rolled 3 (1d4)

>>4357352
>>
>>4357286
I ran a quest like that once, using DBM.
The takeaway is that DBM isn't very good for this.
>>
Worst thing that happened to /qst/ It got it's own board.
>>
File: MuramotoCastle.jpg (178 KB, 1078x1078)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
You are Kaguya Muramoto. Born Kaguya Suzuki the endless arcologies of the city of Noir, all of that changed when you discovered you were the illegitimate daughter of the pluto-aristocratic Muramoto Family. Since then, your life has changed massively. The grime of arcology life melted away in luxurious pressure-steam baths. You were newly clothed in silk. You were educated in everything from history to advanced mathematics to politics. You were tutored in etiquette, archery, and the traditional arts. But despite your new place in the Muramoto Family, you've realized you’re just a doll in a dollhouse being raised to be the perfect cultured lady, an ornament and nothing more.

You could attempt to seize real power, dip your toe into the swirling maelstrom of inter-family politics where the only person you can trust is your older cousin Kyune. You could exert what little influence you have to find answers about your sole retainer Kentaro, once-loyal and now comatose. Or you could sit back, comfortable and pampered in your gilded cage, and give up control of your fate to your betters.

The choice is yours.

>>4357445
>>
>>4357350
>>4357352
>>4357355
What are those for?
>>
Alterac Resurgent Quest started yesterday. In this Warcraft quest, you are playing as Alric Perenolde, second heir of Kingdom of Alterac. Your long term goal is to reclaim the former kingdom and bring the Alteraci people together.

>>4356289
>>
All of this shilling and advertising is pathetic. I've avoided every QM I've seen begging for votes. Get good and let your work stand on its own.
>>
>>4357635
Books are advertised, games are advertised, movies are advertised, but quests should stand on its own.
>>
>>4357648
There's a catalog for that, smoothbrain. You might remember using it to find this thread.
>>
>>4357635
>I've avoided every QM
I daresay they were better off for it. You are unnecessary.
>>
>>4357671
I don't think you know what advertisement is.
>>
>>4357635
based
>>
>>4357675
>Well if you don't want to play in my sandbox, then I don't want you to anyway!

Hot take.

>>4357678
This thread is already on the quest board. Everyone who checks it can just as easily see what threads are active in the catalog. You don't go to Burger Kang, stare at the menu in line with mouth agape, and then say, "wow that #5 combo is a great ad," retard. Or should I say "Melk." Damage control because you were shilling earlier. Nice.
>>
>>4357683
You misunderstand. You are unnecessary as a human being in general.
>>
>>4357683
I could probably shill a bit more tbqh. How about you use the general for what you think it should be used then, friend, instead of just complaining?
>>
>>4357689
Look at this autistic seethe. It's as if a red flames bowling shirt gained sentience.
>>
>>4357693
So you finally got to use that insult you've written down in 2008. Congratulations!
>>
>>4357695
Relax brother.
>>
Let's face it, if you ever enter the general you're automatically a faggot. Might as well be a shill too.
>>
>>4357635
why would a QM not shill here? they've done that since the beginning

it takes a minute to do and there's literally no reason not to. some people lurk here to learn about new quests or to see when one is active
>>
>>4357604
I wanted to see if you can adds two different dice rolls together
>>
>>4357802
You can roll multiples of the same size of dice at the same time, and you can have a static positive or negative modifier to the roll as a whole. You can't roll dice of different sizes at the same time.
>>
>>4357802
I think you can do that. You should check the sticky thread though.
>>
>tfw
>>
Is it rude to run multiple quests, or is it just sort of a whatever people are interested in kind of thing?
>>
>>4358386
Not a lot is rude on a Russian yogurt gargling website but to answer your question, as long as you don't flake on the original quest its fine. But you'll probably flake. I don't think I've ever seen a QM successfully run two quests at once and not let one fade away with promises that they are "totally planning a thread for it in a week or two!"
>>
>>4358386
It isn't rude, but it it straining on *yourself.* It's generally seen as a good way to burn out unless you alternate or something and don't run them all at once.
>>
File: untitled(2)(3).png (21 KB, 928x480)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
Mutant!Quest is live!!!

We get some free healthcare and gtfo.

>>4358584
>>4358584
>>4358584
>>
File: DoitforRay.png (316 KB, 1024x732)
316 KB
316 KB PNG
>>4358557
>>4358557
>>4358557
Conversation with your research partner on King, clergy, fishing, your best friend, and where to go from here.

Catalyst Quest is unashamedly continuing to shill, with our weekday update! More to come soon, in both respects.
>>
t̺̮̮͜h̭͍̭͘is̙̰ ̹̘͖i̧̺̼s ̷͈͎a̻̗̠̪̜̣͙ ̼̪̼̘̦̱t̬̤͇͕ẹ̠͚͟s̮̰̖̟̖̙t̜̹͕ͅ
>>
Is anyone thinking about running a One Piece quest? We haven't had one in a while. I was thinking about doing one myself but I've never written anything like a quest before and wouldn't know where to start.
>>
>>4358894
I'll read a one piece quest as long as it's an OC character.
>>
>>4358904
It would definitely be at least five years before the start of the story if not more. Maybe during the fall of skypiea or when all the slaves got released? I'll need to look up a timeline.
>>
File: 1594379995548.jpg (368 KB, 593x877)
368 KB
368 KB JPG
Does anyone even actually enjoy questing or is it a neurotic cope over our lives lacking any genuine form of agency?
>>
>>4358937
You posted a loli, you're disgusting. Think about the reasons why your attracted to children before thinking about the reasons behind questing.
>>
>>4358939
Since when was /qst/ SJW central?
>>
>>4358942
idk but it sounds like it's time to run a loli redux quest
>>
How do people feel about QMs posting youtube links to music to set the mood? It’s something I’ve noticed people use less and less.
>>
>>4358972
Yeah thematic music is fantastic and if someone isn't into it they can just not click to the link.
>>
>>4358939
Sounds like you’re projecting. Seriously who looks at that picture and thinks it’s child pornography unless you are a pedo.
>>
>>4359057
The camera is literally going straight up her skirt you disingenuous pedophile

"Hmm, you think pedophiles are trash? Must be a pedophile in denial"

That's the stupidest argument ever made and you should be ashamed of yourself
>>
Ever wanted to be the little girl and do cute little girl things? Then play Super Magical Loli Redux Quest set to run this Friday at 4pm est!
>>
>>4359057
I think you might have warped standards there, bucko
>>
File: 1594924441855.png (15 KB, 500x400)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
Gnoll quest update

You were sparring with your friend, but it got a little too serious

>>4340264
>>
>>4358972
Do it. I'm planning to do such in my first quest too
>>
>>4359457
Where do you think you are? That shit was pretty harmless.
>>
I came here to see quest advertisements, not to see a pedophile complain about how meaningless his life is through middle school philosophy.
>>
Be the Power Ranger you always wanted to be!

Either as a solo ranger or a team player (Still up to vote which kind will it be), try to defeat the many enemies that are now taking advantage over the Power Ranger purge Lord Drakkon, also known as Tommy Olliver, committed.

>>4359817

And before you ask, Its my first time using qst, and I still don't know how to link stuff on 4chan
>>
>>4359457
>That's the stupidest argument ever made and you should be ashamed of yourself
Literally every outspoken critic attempting to ban lolis have been pedos or supported pedos. Not even an exaggeration. Hell the young girl (think she was a middle schooler) that got 2d lolicon regulated in Japan saying these fictional characters are exploiting real children was reveal to have done gravure photoshots and profiting of them.
>>4359592
Please tell me more mister (1) post.
>>
>>4359879
"Literally every outspoken critic"
If we're talking about people with clout and the power to actually do something about lolis, good chance they are pedophiles by virtue of being people with some degree of fame and power. But there is no reason to assume a pedophile is going to tell you to stop posting your pedophile shit over the internet on his own time. Those people you mentioned probably had something to gain politically or personally, a pedo's not going to project and shut down any random loli he sees on a Thai knitting board
>>
>>4359890
> But there is no reason to assume a pedophile is going to tell you to stop posting your pedophile shit over the internet on his own time.
Except pedos always react the same way to lolis because they immediately connect the “child” to sex whereas most normal people don’t.
>>
>>4359938
No, some people just form the obvious connection that a drawn character meant to look like a child is a child
>>
File: 1594914935279.png (3.08 MB, 1080x1350)
3.08 MB
3.08 MB PNG
>>4360097
>>4360097
>>4360097
Saving the lives of over four hundred people is a bittersweet reminder of everything you've sacrificed. Catalyst Quest touches on unresolved trauma, in our weekday update. We'll be live tomorrow morning!

>>4358972
I post music so often, I try to work specific instruments and genres towards various characters. Fortunately, like other people have said itt, if anyone doesn't enjoy it they always have the wonderful option to simply not open a link. Link related, almost forgot it for the last post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp6wHzfAH7k
>>
>>4358937
Meh, I'll be honest, as hard as running a quest is, it's still easier than creating another piece of media. It would take me at least 2 years to create my magnum opus/indie-darling/fan project video game. On /qst I can do something that sort of scratches a similar itch and have people shower me with praise along the way.
>>
File: Rule3.jpg (154 KB, 1031x639)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>4358937
Read the rules faggot.
Don't even know why we have rule 3, considering it's fucking never enforced.
>>
>>4360481
The rule states pornography, which he didn't post. Learn some reading comprehension retard.
>>
>>4360517
If that wasn't soft core porn, I don't know what is.
>>
>>4360551
"Softcore porn" does not, will not and has never counted on this site as far back as when it was made so he still violated no rule
>>
Whenever someone tries to vote for one of my quests, it comes up with thread not found, but the archived thread can be read just fine. Does anyone know why this is?

>http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=rafael
>>
>>4360590
Different archive for /qtg/ and /tg/.

You can view both threads from both pages. But you can only vote for a thread from the board-specific URL
>>
>>4360590
>>4360617
Different archive for /qst/ rather.

Use
>http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=rafael
Instead
>>
>>4360590
searching on suptg shows results from both /tg/ and /qst/. However voting only works for threads on the archive you are currently on
>>
>>4360617
>>4360618
>>4360619

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.
>>
The state of this board lmao
It's not even 4chan, it more resembles reddit or twitter.
>>
>>4360808
i blame id's and if there weren't id's i'd blame something else
>>
>>4359879
> exploited child fights to end child exploitation

If I were you, I'd wipe my computer & neck myself.
>>
>>4360995
BASED
>>
>>4359879
>middle school girl who was currently being exploited by an industry known for its terrible greasy practices
>bitch was being hypocritical!

Wow anon. It’s almost like a child, a middle school child, was right on the frontlines of abuse and could see how awful it was for her and fellow children. The idol industry is notoriously bad itself, and everything only gets worse and greasier behind the scenes. A child with parents and managers who sign them up for such photo shoots hardly has a say in what goes on either. Besides, this isn’t /a/ where a little bit of cunny posting is expected
>>
>>4361023
Dude, there's no reasoning with these people. They simply want to fuck kids and will come up with whatever argument they can to allow themselves to deny how harmful and evil that is.

Just remind them that their only out is eventual suicide.
>>
Wow. 4chan anons clutching their pearls over the evil of loli. Never thought I'd see the day that happened. It's a crazy time we live in.
>>
>>4361041
the future is now old man
>>
>>4361041
First time off /b/?
>>
>>4361041
It's just normalfags being normalfags. The sight of anything anime-related triggers them.
>>
>>4361096
Anime has been for normalfags since the 90s.
>>
>>4361041
Thanks for your input
>>
Man do I love quest discussion.
>>
File: mSK5mY9.jpg (471 KB, 1920x1080)
471 KB
471 KB JPG
Mutant!Quest is live!!!

In which we change perspectives so that our best bro-team can enact a plan of their own.

>>4361214
>>4361214
>>4361214
>>
>>4361108

Quest discussion?
>>
>>4361041
Not a hivemind, pedo
Go masturbate to your drawn children, just don't randomly show people a picture of it and expect to be free from criticism like the other guy did
>>
>>4361276
>>4361276
>>4361276
Unresolved trauma, hope from a friend, the trust of your lover, and a confession that you have been forced to kill no less than twenty-eight people. It's enough to make you sick.

Catalyst Quest is (still) live! We're putting "dark" back into dark fantasy.
>>
>>4361108
I mean there's that fate quest run by Sweets who's a closet pedo and he forced the players onto the loli romance route. Straight up railroaded us.
I'll have my revenge one day, Sweets.

Mark my fucking words.
You'll never see it coming.
>>
>>4361320
>loli romance route
Sounds great, I'll check it out.
>>
>>4361360
is it really a route if it's a railroad though
>>
>>4361398
But where was there any railroading?
The relationship built entirely over player choices.
>>
>>4361420
I mean, at some point the QM should be able to say "I'm not gonna write a pedo quest".
>>
File: Capture.png (8 KB, 623x173)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>4360481
>>4361075
The only thing more grating than watching people bite down into bait so obvious they have a tone of pure mocking condensation are posts that are indistinguishable from people genuinely pretending to be oldfags. I hate how plausible these posts are, how /qst/ is a macrocosm of nu-4chan despite having no real way of obtaining new visitors.
>>
>>4361442
That doesn't support the claim that there was railroading though? In fact, it does the opposite.
>>
To lick or not lick a woman's feet to gain immense power, that is the question.

You made it to the deep, in the caves of the Fishmen led by their queen the mermaid. There, you hope to fight the Kraken and find a cure-all algae for the plague. Will you discover the plan of the Elves here and assassinate their Ambassador?

>>4359863
>>4359863
>>4359863
>>
>>4361465
Which just goes to show, "railroading" is a generalized accusation that's worthless without context.

A QM refusing to write (x) regardless of the votes isn't always railroading.

If anything, the example given was the players railroading the quest. Went so far away from QM railroading it turned back into the QM getting railroaded.

Just remember, you can always choose not to play.

>>4361449
> Implying taking the bait isn't a time honored tradition

Not like you have shit to add to the thread yourself, might as well shitpost until it turns into a discussion about something.

Fucking whiny little bitches like you that drove /qst/ off of /tg/ in the first place. Nobody forces you to be here.

I'm not even sure what your actual complaint is, aside from "get off my lawn".
>>
>>4361548
>i can complain as much as i want
>waaah why are you complaining
>>
>>4361449
STFU and write your review already. I'm here, ready to read about you sniffing QM's farts.
>>
>>4361548
I'd say not writing the consequences of what the players vote for is a form of railroading.
The players voting in one direction is simply directing the way the quest goes, it's not putting it on tracks, that's something only the QM can do.
>>
File: 1595035381514.png (11 KB, 400x400)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
Gnoll quest update

The fight with your friend continues.

>>4361517
>>
>>4361551
Ah, but if you're gonna complain about someone, expect to be complained about back.
>>
>>4361548
>>4361554
>replying to me twice
You okay bro? Ready to start schizoposting yet?
>>4361560
Yeah that's what I did, thanks for backing me up schizobro
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

Testing dice roll
>>
has poleman made another qstline outside of his created series?
>>
>>4361670
I think that maybe the godzilla quest is poleman but I am unsure
>>
>>4361673
ahhh jeez idk
the background and editing make me think it's poleman but the characters clearly aren't made by him; the picture are all blurry for whatever reason--
yo
poleman's drawings were blurry
:0
>>
>>4361673
>>4361688
Yeah its him
>>4321496
>>
>>4361730
:O
>>
I miss WTF Quest and Tim Quest. It's gonna be 2 months in 2 weeks since last time ShortTrip posted and the QM for tim quest went missing a month before. sad things.
>>
>>4361465
No no.
The players were from the start railroaded into being a pedo.
Some excellent examples include every non cunt love interest being a loli.
The QM deciding to make the MC a lolicon after a single meeting with (literally) loli Hitler.
And despite all this the QM still railroaded the players to be with a bootlegged version of his canon loli waifu and not the lolis they actually liked.

Then again, you can tell what kind of utterly reprehensible brainlet is running the quest just by the existence of Loli Hitler in the first place.
>>
>>4362135
Basically, Sweets-Loving QM is the Whizzard.
Dare you enter his magical realm?
>>
hey lolicons are pedophiles, being attracted to images of children, drawn or real is pedophilia. if you are a lolicon please consult a mental health professional. also i don't have a problem with anime, i have a problem with pedophiles anime is fine when it isn't pedo-baiting. also if you're a lolicon killing yourself is a very valid option too.
>>
>>4362147
It is just a drawing dude
>>
>>4362135
But that character was a holdover from the original Akeldama.
I have no idea what you mean about all the alternate romance options being cunts though, Ayaka, the master of Archer, Assassin's master from Akeldama, all were romance options that weren't loli's or cunts.
Truvietianne isn't a cunt either.
>>
>>4362155
Fuck off Sweets you disingenuous wanker.
Go seethe about Kiritsugu some more.
>>
>>4362173
I'm not sweets, and your arguments are nonsense.
>>
>>4362176
Ok Sweets.
We all know it's you.
>>
>>4362176
Yeah sweats. You get out of here you railroading piss forest questing turbo-pedo QM. I don't need any competition for my Loli quests.
>>
>>4362178
Your schizophrenia is amusing.
>>
>>4362190
So is your dead quest.
>>
Has there ever been a FSN game that didn't end up a pile of fetish mes and bad writing?
>>
What would you guys look for in a magical girl quest?
>>
>>4362310
Cool fights
Badass girls doing badass things
Cute SOL moments
Abscence of yuri
>>
>>4362310
What >>4362354 said, but I don’t mind romance be it het or yuri
>>
File: gnoll quest.jpg (157 KB, 1000x840)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
Congratulations, you just beat the crap out of your childhood friend.

>>4361967
>>
>>4362485
>>4362485
>>4362485
Taking a trip down memory lane for nearly a solid day has your nerves shot. A moment of respite— and the support of your friends— isn't always enough to manage your past.

Catalyst Quest is live, for just about the rest of the evening.
>>
File: caves.jpg (199 KB, 840x860)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
Our MC first dungeon.

You are attempting to take back underwater caves, the FIshmen villages from a Kraken and Elven Commandos. Unveil the secret plans of the Elven Ambassador involving the capture of a Kraken and an Undine, use your mermaid ally and her charms at your advantage, prepare your revolver and your divine magic, drink alchemical potions and command your tank and gunner in battle. Will you be able to bring back the Cure-All Algae to save your City from the plague?

>>4362681
>>4362681
>>4362681
>>
File: bro-team be like.gif (6.74 MB, 718x404)
6.74 MB
6.74 MB GIF
Mutant!Quest is live!!!

In which we continue to stalk our target.

>>4362994
>>4362994
>>4362994
>>
>>4362480
>mite b interesting
>read most recent comments
nigga the shit
>>
I need some recommendations
>>
>>4363465
Eastern European cuisine is underrated if there's a restaurant for that in your area.
>>
>>4363469
I'd like to know more about this, please.
>>
>>4362135
You followed his quest until we killed shirou and sakura and then decided to shit up every /qtg/ with this complaining. Doesn't that make you a pedo?
>>
Why nobody ever does quest reviews anymore?
>>
>>4363498
Because like most things, they were started by someone who did them well and then when the buck passed the people doing them treated them like a meme or inside joke rather than anything useful.
>>
>>4363498
Here my quest review.

All quests on this board is terrible. All QMs should fuck off and an hero. Anons who like any quest should an hero. Anyone clicking on /qst/ should an hero. Now I'm going to an hero and everyone else should also.
>>
>>4358937
yes
>>
>>4363486
I'm not an expert on the exact differences between Moldovan/Hungarian/Polish/Whatever the Fuck, and as far as I've ever looked up every single one of them claims to be the original article while everybody else stole from them, but really that just translates to them all being good. It tends to be mellow but very savory, which I think is part of the reason some of it is paired with sour cream.

>>4363498
For one thing the section of /qst/'s population that also frequents the /qtg/ isn't actually that large. I don't know the exact number but I'd wager that ten percent of the board might actually look in here frequently. A lot of the reviews in the archive are from /tg/, you might notice, so there's the population factor. Also mind that back in /tg/ days /qtg/ was outright banned multiple times so you get the good and bad parts of higher traffic and population.

So right off, that's a factor, but far from the most important. Next, in order to properly review a quest and be legit about it, you have to read the whole thing. That's a lot of fucking reading to do, and if it's for something you don't want to write a review for, well, are you gonna do that?
So less people, a lot of effort to do in a way that's actually helpful and not a shitpost in both reading the thing and then articulating it into a long form review. Finally, all that, for what?

Jack shit, of course. Reviewing a quest is an utterly thankless task, especially these days. There's reviews that have been made that aren't even in the pastebin archive. All you're getting out of it is what you put in, besides the transient high of getting (You)s, so if you can't put that in, that review's not coming out. Is there an interest in seeing reviews here, in the form of those long ones in the pastebin links? I honestly don't think there is, not enough for it to be worth the effort, at least. They've certainly never been asked for, not even ones that would be purported to be the easy and simple task of just shitting all over something.

TL;DR ignore the mountain of shit I wrote and be the change you want to see
>>
>>4363498
Because there's no point.
Also anons have no credibility as reviewers.
Anonymous Reviewer 1: quest good
Anonymous Reviewer 2: quest bad
You don't know either of these people. So why would you trust their reviews?
>>
>>4362135
>loli Hitler
Please tell me you're joking
>>
>>4363788
He isn't.
She was based off a character from the original Akeldama that Sweets re-booted.
There's reasoning behind her existence too.
>>
>>4363805
Of all the characters to keep from a reboot, why would you include the one that is a meme that fundamentally doesn't work with the laws of the setting?
>>
>>4363821
I just said there's reasoning behind her existence.
>>
>>4363823
And I just said the reasoning makes no sense. You can't just handwave that. The character only exists because Sweets wanted to include loli Hitler, even though that isn't possible without plucking "reasoning" out of thin air.
I don't care but could you please learn more about Fate before spouting your mouth off about it?
>>
>>4363826
With all the genderswapping in Fate, loli Hitler is what gets you?
I definitely don't understand what you're trying to say here, since the reasons are solid.
>>
>>4363829
kek you see genderswapping as on the same level as loli hitler? ok retard.
>>
>>4363829
The reasons genuinely aren't "solid".
First off Hitler is far too modern to be a Servant in the first place.
Secondly, if their Noble Phantasm turned them into the embodiment of Germany or whatever the hell is up with that.
They would still be male.
Germany is a fatherland.

As for the other examples of genderswapping, in almost all of those cases, the people who were genderswapped were in lore always that gender.
Then you've got people like Da Vinci who I'm pretty sure everyone agrees is kind of fucking creepy.
Sweets however seems to have something of a fetish for male to female gender transformation, as not only has it already occurred twice in his quest, wasn't there a potential upgrade which you only found the effects of later that would've turned the MC into a loli permanently?

I'm not sure why you so vehemently defend Sweets.
>>
>>4363838
There's no limit on the age a Heroic Spirit must be born in to become one, as the only reason it became almost impossibly difficult is due to firearms making it possible for one man to act as a hero did in the past.
The parameters to enter the throne would increase proportionally, but it's not impossible.

It is nice to see that you can't even read her character sheet that explains exactly how her transformation came about and what effects it has on her, it's also the reason why the MC would get turned into a loli if he took that specific upgrade.

I'll defend things I think are worth defending, and Sweets gets too much hate for no good reason.
>>
>>4363852
I didn't want to believe it, but it's pretty clear that you really are Sweets, aren't you?
You've been caught out samefagging like this before, you've posted in the /qtg/ (and also samefagged in the /qtg/ before to shit on another quest but left your trip on) and your post style is distinctive.
What is also distinctive is how you seem to know about characters like Assassin's master from Akeldama, who was actually offscreened before making a single appearance in the quest.
Additionally every single post you've made in this entire thread is made in defence of Sweets.

I don't hate your quest, Sweets, but this awfully done samefaggotry is just laughable.

> it's also the reason why the MC would get turned into a loli if he took that specific upgrade.
Because he's a lolicon so therefore he considers the peak human form. The IDEAL human body to be a little girl.
God what a pathetic loser that makes your protagonist out to be.
>>
>>4363858
Still not Sweets.
All you need to do to be able to know those things is to actually read Sweet's posts that go in detail about the quest.
It was stated that Assassin's (Who was Robin Hood) Master was an office lady who wanted to protect the bystanders of the war.
Yumigawa didn't pursue the matter and Blackbeard ended up destroying the building, but she would've been a love interest.

No, it's because he would have his romantic interests and his ideals infused onto himself.
Whether you think he's pathetic or not, his tastes did develop solely due to player decisions.
>>
>>4363871
I'm into Latinas with big titties personally
>>
File: gnoll quest.png (11 KB, 400x400)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
Your childhood friend submits to you.

>>4363733
>>
>>4363882
dios mio
>>
File: 1568572310748.jpg (23 KB, 500x425)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>4363882
>>
>>4363498
It's an open niche, somebody should open a fiverr.
>>
>>4363465
House Shryke
>>
Look at that. I pop into the QTG and someone's picking my quest apart. Some things never change.
I'm sure you'll deny this, but the anon defending it really isn't me; I decided to stop replying to hate a little while ago because it seemed pointless to try to change any minds, and now when someone does try to defend me they get accused of being me they're accused of being me. That's rough.
Anyway, I'll answer a couple of points here that anon hasn't covered for me, if only to satisfy anyone's curiosity who is curious. The loli Hitler character I decided to carry over from the old version specifically because she sparked the shitstorm that ended the quest and I wanted to see if I could do better. The option for the protagonist to be a lolicon was originally something I decided to write for the same reason. Obviously it did end up sparking a new argument, as we're now playing it out. I did always give people the option to pursue older girls and not make the protagonist a lolicon though. It was always a choice whether they wanted to go that way or not. They didn't take any of the other girls' routes. I won't apologize for that. The upgrade that would've transformed the protagonist, as I've said before when it's been taken up in the QTG, wasn't something I had any intention of writing the actual results of. It would've been a Bad End if the players took it, and then we'd have gone back to the actual story. I went through the details in the thread because I thought it was funny.
I don't insert my fetishes into the quest. I write what I think will be entertaining. Complain about my writing ability if you want, but I'd appreciate it if you didn't call it a magical realm.
One thing I do regret is how things developed with the girl the protagonist ended up mainly falling in love with. Even though it was something that happened because of player choices, a lot of people felt railroaded. That's because of my poor communication of how things developed and handling of the arc. It was something done with some mistakes, and I'll apologize to anyone who dropped the quest over it.
That's all I have to say. If you don't like the quest I'm not going to try to talk you out of that. I do hope folks don't try to speak on my behalf in the future. It doesn't get much done.
>>
>>4363998
>1 post by this ID
Case closed, I think.
>>
>>4363998
Ok Pedo.

>>4364002
>Implying 4G and dynamic IPs don’t exist.
>>
>>4364002
Yeah, that's about what I figured you'd say. Nothing sticks like a bad reputation.
>>
>>4363998
I'm not reading all of that. Fuck off Pedo.
>>
>>4363805
Actual adolf hitler (1889-1945) or just a fascist expy?
>>
>>4363998
Look dude I've never read your quest. I'm not too familiar with fate either. Still I can tell you that turning a real life fascist war criminal into a romanceable little girl is gross as fuck.
>>
>>4363998
the more you post stuff like this the more I actually believe the people going out of their way to mention content they don't like, which is an achievement.
>>
>>4364173
>gross as fuck
Is this a real post? Did that anon who was trying to advertise on twitter actually get attention?
>>
>>4364009
It wouldn't stick if you stopped posting here like the fucking retard you are
>>
>>4364344
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: fatequests.png (124 KB, 960x390)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
>>4364359
Fuck yeah.
>>
File: Father Richard Anscham.png (1.93 MB, 1600x1600)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB PNG
>>4364335
>>4364335
>>4364335
Before passing the morning with a few drinks, and two very good friends, you have an opportunity to go full medieval. It's not like your appearance has much left to lose. As the most proficient healer in the country, are you a bad enough dude to operate on your own face?

Catalyst Quest is live!
>>
>>4364359
Wow integer, how come your mom lets you actually come back from TWO hiatuses?
>>
A New Mutant Quest Issue #34 is up!

>>4364568
>>4364568
>>4364568

The Dream is reality, and reality is but a dream. You are here, as You always have been, but are You really you? Are you really You? H̭̰e̟̯̬ ͖͕̤͓̙̯
still is.
>>
test
>>
File: code solvers inc.png (29 KB, 721x508)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
Mutant!Quest is live!!

Who you gonna call? Code solvers!!!
Or MacGyver this if you want! It's all good...

>>4364695
>>4364695
>>4364695
>>
what are some of the best recent quests?
>>
>>4364908
What are you looking for?
>>
>>4364961
not a civ quest
>>
>>4364967
lol, those are plentiful
>>
File: bippyboppityboop.jpg (167 KB, 1440x1200)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
You have found a magic lamp! Legends say that with its unnatural magic, it is capable of bringing back deadbeat QMs who quit on their quests, dragging them kicking them screaming into /qst/ and making them churn out updates again. Whose name do you utter as you rub the lamp?
>>
>>4365152
Riz.
>>
>>4365155
Doubt ValenQuestQM is one to run on his quest, definitely one to take a very, very long break
>>
>>4365152
Diarca or Guide
>>
I would like to just say I enjoyed Princess Paladin quest and it was neat to be in one from beginning to end for once. It was kind of low profile around here but it was good fun.
>>
>>4363975
Already playing
>>
>>4365155
Absolutely Riz.
>>
>>4365152
My own.

It was like seven or eight years ago and I still feel bad.
>>
>>4365206
Why not relaunch it without mentioning the previous iteration? No one would remember a quest that long ago, so you don't have to deal with people shitting on you for being a runaway QM. Clearly, you have some desire to run it again, or you wouldn't have said this.
>>
Suggestions for having a good schedule when writing a QM Session?
>>
>>4365211
Strangely I mentioned it in a QTG a few months ago and several anons remembered and commented fondly. I was flattered.

I would even run it again, but I am more enthralled by a different concept I plant to run after I can ensure a regular schedule.

I just hope enough anons are as interested in late 19th century arms and tactics as I am.
>>
>still no zuko quest thread up
>>
>>4365219
What quest was that?
>>
The trend of quests coming back to life continues with Cascadia Railroads Quest. Join us as we blunder around some farms while we help build post-apocalyptic Amtrak. Not OP, but felt like giving it a mention.
>>4365402
>>
Chapter Master Quest is currently running!

>>4365972
>>4365972
>>4365972

Help command a Chapter of the Adeptus Astartes as they fight to stem the tide of heresy that threatens to overwhelm their Sector
>>
File: 1595256120387.jpg (185 KB, 828x1189)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
/qst/ discord trannies can't stop talking about Goblin Quest and how they keep on mass reporting it kek
>>
>>4366110
jesus
>>
>>4366110
Oh, I forgot about the discord. I was wondering where all the fags in this thread were coming from but this explains it.
>>
>>4365152
Sylvetican. Broken Sky Online was fucking sick.
>>
Can I get a discord link, I think the last one expired.
>>
>>4366169
If you really want to go there, there's a valid one in the third reply of the thread.
>>
>>4365520
Tavern Quest
>>
>>4366110
The same people side-play in anonkun, den of erp.
>>
>>4366110
Everyone in the /qst/ discord are giant retards. Not a surprise that they mass report shit they don't like
>>
>>4366110
Yeah, these guys are kind of based...
>>
>>4366110
>look they mass reported it
>nobody even reported it it was all gaslighting a spammer
>which was said
Hmm
>>
lol the seething discord trannies are coming out in force to play interception

yes I mass reported your quest griggers it'll be banned soon hahahahahhahaha!
>>
>>4366346
Bro... you got me...
>>
>>4366337
"we never reported it"
ok retard I would believe you if one of your trannies didn't post a screenshot of a warning he got
>>
HELLO, I am new quest and wondering what good starting quests would be. I read through catalog and see this place is good place to ask. Seems like very interesting like collective rp. Also any good fallout quest or apocalyptic. Also What is The Goblin Quest, It seem popular but people keep fighting. IS green men really that decisive.
>>
>>4366367
Goblin Quest green man killed two women in Ireland in 1987. Hope that clears things up.
>>
>>4366367
>>4366374
funny stuff discord fags I can smell the autism through the screen
>>
>>4366367
Discord fags thinking their superior, so they hate goblin quest because it's edgy.
>>
>>4366379
Mmmm smells so tasty... I could almost reach out and take a bite, haha!
>>
>>4366374
>>4366379
>>4366389
I STILL no understand, but Swords and Dragons are not my cup of tea as you say. I like apocalypse and Space so I do not worry. There is many Anime quests and Sword Fantasy but are there any good ones to start that are not that?
>>
>>4366465
is english your first language bro you talk like a usa american
>>
>>4366479
It’s a discord fag trolling
>>
>>4366479
>>4366486
I Apologies as I am still Learning and Improving and use some Translate to help me.
>>
>>4366110
is Goblin Quest bad? Kinda wanna check it out but not if its dogshit or edgy
>>
>>4366497
It can be rough first thread and a half but it gets better after, I think it's good. But if you're not into edgy shit it's definitely not for you.
>>
I was here a long time ago when a Friend showed me EVO QUEST and when I came back I realized that the search was much more complicated. I saw there we all many more quest types.
>>
>>4366506
well if its gonna keep having rape in it then I guess i'll skip on picking it up
>>
is the clone wars quest kill?
>>
>>4366641
I hope not, it was good fun. Ive seen quests come back from far worse hiatuses.
>>
hey umm whoever joined our special discord club to post poo poo picture, that was NOT cool
>>
File: You.jpg (121 KB, 800x857)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>4366923
Shallow attempt at saving face all around my dude
>>
>>4366940
bro i dont post poop images or "onions jacks" i have no face to save.
>>
>>4348547

Hello, this is Geistklempner from Left Beyond Quest

0) My real life NASA stuff went well, and my tech launches for Mars on the 30th, if anyone cares, I made a significant amount of money from that and can afford to only work part time for the rest of the year

1) Frostpunk Quest will happen as soon as I've collected enough pictures

2) I am considering resuming LBQ2 minus the last thread since it didn't really get a proper ending and there was a lot of political stuff to do, if people are interested

3) I am willing to pay $100 for someone to update the LBQ tvtropes page, anyone interested should email me at quest@emlia.org please
>>
>>4366940
>>4366946
Please get some new or more interesting images at least if you come back to post them a third time because it would be wayyyy more cool and fresh and fun. Read Bastard Boars.
>>
>>4366953

Correction, please email me at quest@f3.to
>>
>>4366110
>eee still being a friendless faggot
When was his AIDS supposed to kill him, again?
>>
>>4366923
Uh Oh Stinky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmO-0FZu6iU
>>
Total scrublord here
How do I make blue and red text in my posts? I know you have to be OP but syntax-wise I can’t seem to find an answer.
>>
>>4367513
It's in the OP.
[red] (The text you want red) [/red]
[blue] (The text you want blue) [/blue]
If you're trying to mix it with
>quote text
It won't work, though.
>>
>>4367513

It's literally stickied in the catalog

>>2
>>
I want /v/ to fuck off.
>>
>>4367549
Why? They're not breaking any rules and they're bringing more activity.
>>
>>4367554
They should take their non-quest to /trash/ or /b/.
>>
>>4367549
Lets get rid of the creatures that dwell off-site first
>>
>>4367558
They're not even behaving like /v/ and just want to have fun with the thing they were doing before janny ran out of hotpockets
They can stay
>>
>>4367558
Idk it looks like a quest to me, it just has the AI as the QM instead of a person. If it's not a quest then it's very very similar.
>>
>>4367549
where's the /v/ activity?
>>
>>4367558
Well they aren’t harming other threads, and fuck Jannies.
>>
>>4367574
Hell yeah, fuck jannies. But don't actually fuck jannies. Gross.
>>
>>4367558
Don't be a faggot, they're fine. They're not causing any trouble and they're bringing participation
>>
>>4367549
By trying to validate yourself through hate you've only outed yourself as a faggot.
>>
>>4365152
Riz. Valen when?
>>
>>4366953
0) My real life NASA stuff went well, and my tech launches for Mars on the 30th, if anyone cares, I made a significant amount of money from that and can afford to only work part time for the rest of the year

Wait what.
>>
Okay, so. I have a question on /qst/ etiquette since last I was on this board regularly.

Even with the three days until Autosage limit, this board is so slow with new threads that they can potentially last for weeks until falling off.

In the past I've structured my quest threads as though episodes, and either paused or ended them when circumstantially appropriate. This is for my own organization behind the screen and for archival purposes on suptg. Now, I'm planning to sit down for a few dedicated hours and run again this coming weekend but likely my existing thread from week before last will still be on the board, though probably on the lower pages.

From the current etiquette of /qst/ would it be considered gauche to start a new thread/episode rather than riding the existing one down? If I want to structure things in this manner should I instead wait for the current thread to successfully fall off of board?

What say you; assorted anons, qms, lurkers, and names of /qst/'s qtg?
>>
>>4367966
depends on how you see your episodes, end/new thread makes a nice divider between episodes/arcs/chapters/whatever
but in truth, no one really cares about particularities like that
just write a good quest and (don't) drop it
>>
>>4367966
A weekly thread is tolerated if you've got justification for it like a demarcated episode of appreciable length, but you might get the odd heckler shouting about spam, especially if they've taken a dislike to your quest in general. Two weeks and you will likely have few issues (board dropoff time is about 3-4 weeks), but don't be apprehensive about doing it weekly if you feel you need to.
>>
>>4367966
I personally think it's obnoxious to see 3 or 4 of the same quest in the catalog unless they're pulling 1000+ replies and are just not looking to brick europoors' government licensed phones/computers. Beyond that, all you're doing is making other QMs have to make new threads slightly sooner than they would otherwise over a minor formatting preference on your end, so if you feel like minorly inconveniencing a couple dozen people for a mild preference, then more power to you. Not trying to be hyperbolic, it's a minor thing though inherently a little selfish. Most won't give it a second thought.
>>
>>4367996
I've no intention of dropping. I'm just back into the swing of semi regular threads after a 2 year hiatus.

>>4367998
>>4368010
Advice considered and weighed. Much Appreciated!
>>
>>4366955
Still waiting on that update
>>
>>4367966
If you're going to make a new thread for each episode, then make sure to post links for the new thread in the old thread and in the general here.
>>
>>4367966
Sage limit is 5 days now. Having 2-3 episodes of your quest in the catalog is fine. More than that and you'll start getting hecklers and trolls.
>>
File: gnoll quest.png (45 KB, 1210x660)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
You and your injured friend must return to the tribe, but first you must find a way out of the cavern.

>>4368420
>>
File: 200.gif (1.24 MB, 356x200)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB GIF
Mutant!Quest is live!!!

We get sidetracked from our info-hunt to search for a key and possibly practice our 1337 h4x0r skillz!!!

>>4368743
>>4368743
>>4368743
>>
AAAAGGGH WHERE IS LEVELS NEW THREAD?
>>
>>4368130
>Sage limit is 5 days now.

Does this apply to the general too?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (189 KB, 802x528)
189 KB
189 KB PNG
>>4368860
Soon.
>>
>>4368959
Ill be waiting
>>
>>4348547

Yeah. lots of typos and incorrect grammar because I often forget to proofread. It happens constantly too.
>>
>>4368885
Yes. Why would it not?
>>
Anyone know what happened to Confetto?
>>
>>4369061
No idea, they're twitter was just banned one day. I asked a while back in qtg and some other Anon claimed thry had seen Confetto in the qtg Discord. Idk if that's true or not since I don't use the Discord
>>
>>4368878

Could use a tie-breaker if anyone feels like stopping by.
>>
god i just reread shadow quest again and why is it still so fucking good
>>
What's the stance on picking up someone else's quest?

There was that Warlock Quest recently, seems the OP abandoned it. I liked the idea though and people seemed interested in it continuing, would that be in bad taste to basically try a spiritual sequel of someone else's quest?
>>
>>4369810
I've seen it done once with this quest
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?searchall=Spooky+Girl+Quest I guess just be double/triplw sure that OP actually fucked off.
>>
>>4369810
I've seen it done a few times when the QM has obviously flaked on a quest that was getting popular, and the attitude seems to be appreciative of them for continuing it rather than hostile for hijacking it. Not sure about more established ones, but ones abandoned early seem to be mostly fair game.
>>
Are there any quests in any site with a straight female mc? Feels like I've looked everywhere and the number of straight females I've seen could he counted on one hand. Usually its anon going for the first girl for immediate yuri and its gotten frustrating when it's all that happens.
>>
Test

טעות
>>
>>4369865
Mine was, but that was 2 years ago
>>
>>4369865
I seem to recall that 91m10's first quest, Not So Glorious Quest, ended with a het pairing. There was even an epilogue pic of the protagonist pregnant and stuff. It kinda felt like a last minute, 'throw it in' decision though, since the quest was wrapping up.
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?searchall=Not+So+Glorious+
>>
>>4369865
The protag of House and Dominion managed to escape the /u/-boats and internal politics and ultimately wound up happily married to a guy with a couple of kids.
Epilogue finished never.
>>
>>4369865
There's a ton of straight female MCs, actually.
If you want an active quest, take a look at Cyberpunk Princess or Claymore Second Swords. From the archives, you can read Heavenly Child, NERV Second Daughter, Card Priestess Masami, any of the Quest for Playability series. There are also others, but I don't remember the names well enough to find them.
>>
>>4369865
Nothing wrong with yuri
>>
>>4370109
I was in a quest a few years ago where an anon said they hated yuri more than they wanted happiness, and this statement has haunted me ever since. I still feel concern for that anon, where ever they are now.
>>
>>4369865
Mine is. Just don't tell my players, they're not ready for the truth yet.
>>
>>4369865
Yeah
>>
Persons moonless update?
>>
>>4366128
>just realized last post from Sylv was April 20 2019
it's never coming back is it
>>
>>4369865
Nobody's mentioned Hellborn, so I'll go ahead and mention Hellborn, notable for not only having a straight feMC but actually having her date a man through most of the quest. http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Hellborn%20Quest

Dungeon Life Quest had a bi feMC, if that counts: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Dungeon%20Life%20Quest

If you mean current, active quests with straight feMCs, I'll shill my own :^) >>4368291
>>
>>4370296
Its been gone a while. Elves probably took out OP.
>>
>>4357016
So, based on that criteria; Got any recommendations?
>>
Mutant!Quest is live!!!

We open fire on the hacker mutant!! Or, umm... at least we try to, cause the dice rolls are trying to get us killed...

>>4370713
>>4370713
>>4370713
>>
Godzilla returns in the second chapter of Hyper Invasion Quest.

>>4370979
>>4370979
>>4370979
>>
>>4369865
House and Dominion.
>>
>>4356778
On this board, probably a tie between two different grades of popular, either >>4356823 for amount of time remaining popular, and that recent Star Wars quest (or something like it) which was only popular for a couple threads but had like 100+ players for those couple threads.
>>
>>4369810
Yeah just do it. Pick it up straight from the last abandoned thread like the cascadia railroads quest if you want.
>>
>>4369865
Yuri Femc is more of a /tg/ thing. Majority of /qst/ femc have been straight.
>>
>>4371718
it's worthy of note that the new CR QM took over with the old QM's approval via offsite interactions and inherited their notes as well, but the previous QM of a quest being reachable at all a very rare occurrence (indeed, the CR QM meeting someone who knew what it was, was interested in taking over and actually got to talking about it was a million-to-one chance) and not being able to contact them shouldn't put you off.
>>
Catalyst Quest will hit the ground running,
with our next thread going live this Friday, July 24th at 12PM EST!

Anyone who's interested in previous fights, ruins exploration, allies made, friends saved, or catastrophic mental breakdowns can check out our Google Drive (or the archive)! The link below has an abbreviated, image-packed timeline of the quest thus far. There are also several (up-to-date) high-res maps, calendars, character art, and some fan stuff too.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1LkahIC8EcwHBPbrkEODUMH9iwQhxkFvB
>>
New week, new updates for Alterac Resurgent Quest! Last week first steps were taken and now we are in the summer of year 14.

>>4371810
>>4371810
>>
>>4370790
Redpill me on your quest. Will it fill the hole in my lonely heart for things akin to Worm quests?
>>
Join us in GuP Quest as we deal with Shiho!

>>4371447
>>4371447
>>4371447
>>
>>4371748
The quest the anon is referring to has but one thread and is barely past character creation. They won't need the OP's permission to hijack that.
>>
>>4371905
Not saying they did (they don't), just noting that the circumstances in which CRQ was taken over were a little different to usual.
>>
File: Konigsburg_at_Night.png (1.35 MB, 892x597)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
>>4371841

I've been told my quest is similar to Worm at least once I think. Never read Worm... or a lot of superhero things actually, but superpower has always have been my favorite genre.

We play as mutant fishgirl, Elise Martins, in the fictional city of Konigsburg, where the particle accelerator of the city's scientific beacon, FutureLabs, resulted in a mass-empowering event.

At first, we have a very crappy handle of our powers, a very persistent appetite for raw flesh, and we're pretty naive, enough that we accidentally join a mutant supremacist cult in the first thread. As we grow as both a person and hero, we also come to the realization that FutureLabs is running a concentration camp, and, with the whole great power and great responsibility thing, it's pretty much up to us to stop it.

Other details:
>OP illustrates with both drawfaggotry and memes
>Mutant cult leader wins second place for best hide-and-seek champion
>First place goes to FutureLabs CEO
>Current thread: We're playing as nonmutant brother with a fetish for blunt-force weapons-- a side-thread to the main story!

Hope this summary is sufficient!

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?searchall=Mutant%21Quest

First thread: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/4158908/

Umm... also ignore the rewind in thread #02. I was a noobie QM at the time and did not know what railroading was-- or that quests require a shitton of planning...
>>
>>4371961
>Hope this summary is sufficient!
Yes, it very much is. Will begin reading tomorrow. You've got yourself a new voter and reader, congrats.
>I've been told my quest is similar to Worm at least once I think. Never read Worm... or a lot of superhero things actually, but superpower has always have been my favorite genre.
You like suffering? You like unique superpowers? You like trauma? You like interpersonal and intrapersonal interactions? You like strong characters? You like autism? You like overpowered unstoppable edgy villains that the author zealously protects with as much plot armor as he can muster, to an absolutely infuriating degree, until he sees fit to let them die? You like dank street level city capeshit, up to a certain point? You like mental issues? You like cool power interactions and cape fights? You like a lot of factions? You like powergen autism?

Worm IS the dumb reddit capeshit for you! Get started whenever you want. https://parahumans.wordpress.com/
>>
>>4372367
this reminds me that I need to finish it
>>
File: EMQ_Ranko_and_Setsuna_2.png (859 KB, 1600x867)
859 KB
859 KB PNG
Eclipsed Moon Quest Episode 156 drops Friday July 24th between 4 & 5pm EST.
>>
Would a quest with numerous "puzzles" (think unlockable video game Easter eggs like hidden rooms) work?
>>
>>4372465
If you are very very patient with the players you get.
>>
>>4372457
>>4372457
>>4372457
You are attempting to take back underwater caves, the Fishmen village, from a Kraken and Elven Commandos. You let your mermaid ally seduce an Elf an turn him into a slave after you lost two of your companions. With your revolver, a batch of alchemical potions and your trusty cleaver you hope avenge the people of the Workers District and kill the Elven Ambassador, bring back the Cure-All Algae to save your City from the plague and reclaim the caves for the Fishmen.
>>
File: 4.png (37 KB, 1210x660)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
After angering your demon god, you and your friend must escape the cavern before his minions get you!

>>4372538
>>
File: 7w1n5.png (13 KB, 655x401)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
Mutant!Quest is live!!!

We have a chat with the hacker mutant, who may or may not be hiding things...

>>4372590
>>4372590
>>4372590
>>
>>4372465
Depends on the execution. It's very easy to misevaluate the puzzle's difficulty when you're the one creating it.
>>
>>4372465
If you do it make them easy as hell, and then if players blow through them, increase difficulty a bit.,
>>
>>4371961

But is MC straight?
>>
>>4372801

Yes, MC is straight.
>>
>>4372470
>>4372716
>>4372726
Thanks.
>>
File: Invocation Guide.png (623 KB, 1295x1401)
623 KB
623 KB PNG
>>4373245
>>4373245
>>4373245
A new thread of Catalyst Quest is live!

In an original, dark fantasy setting, you play as Father Richard Anscham. As the second most influential man in the country, you're more than a little overwhelmed, as the last of humanity dies out. Researching the phenomenon that turns men into monsters has been your life's work. Using your body to channel the Gods themselves has been more than necessary just to survive, and has pushed you beyond all mortal limits. Befriending man and beast alike has placed you in company with the King of Corcaea— and you need all the help you can get.

Explore early medieval shenanigans, a theocracy where the Gods are real, body horror, mental disturbances, cults, betrayal, subterfuge, corruption, redemption, love, and what family means to *you*, as we venture away from a monumental investigation, and into the heart of a palace.

Sessions every weekend, and a minimum of one update every weekday! All times EST.
>>
File: EMQ_Game_Center_Crowne.png (1.59 MB, 1600x867)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB PNG
Eclipsed Moon Quest Episode 156 is live.

A meeting of the New Sailor Senshi, your own appointed allies, and an otherworldly Sailor Guardian looms, but first you're killing time in the Crown Arcade to introduce your newest Knight to your younger sister and her friends ahead of an evening that should court a harrowing mission of mercy against defectors of your current foes.

>>4373447
>>4373447
>>4373447
>>
Why're there so many High School DxD fanfics and quests? It's just an ecchi series.
>>
>>4373510
anon, do you really need to ask that question?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu2OYcgr4rM
>>
>>4373510
It's a popular echi series with combat which can be translated to most quest rpg style.
>>
>mfw threads are up for 28 days before falling off the board

What the hell happened to this place? It's wasn't this bad even a year ago.
>>
>>4373663
Generic image civ has fallen out of favor. There aren't 20 threads of civ clogging up the board anymore and sending threads off.
>>
>>4373663

wat happened to qst? Just curious?
>>
>>4373663
>>4373668
QMing is a lot of work and the board probably isn't that well known.
>>
>>4373747
>QMing is a lot of work
Yes, but it is rewarding
>the board probably isn't that well known
Funny you should mention that. Give me about 2-3 months or so, and things might change...
>>
>>4373747
Well fuck I just wanted to write off the edge of my seat with some pages of references now idk if that's such a good idea
>>
>>4373919
you can choose your own workload of prep but it's the actual running that is work
paradoxically, the more fun you have the more draining it is since you're the prime operator.
>>
The other day, I was reading a story and thought that it would be a fun premise for a quest. However, now I've read that, my brain constantly defaults to how the plot played out in that story as the way it "should" go whenever I try and make notes for it and tries to sneakily lift entire sections of the plot dang near intact before I notice what I'm doing and cudgel myself for it. How do you avoid this kind of confirmation bias (and risk of railroading) when adapting existing media into a quest, or is it just me?
>>
>>4373932
>the more fun you have the more draining it is since you're the prime operator
why would it be more draining if you're enjoying it?
>>
>>4373945
mostly it's not passive entertainment, it's active. also cuz you'll start wanting to do it more and put more time and effort into it, just like anything else that has that creator-audience feedback with a big sprinkle of patience.
>>
You finally reached the smugglers' den of the underwater caves and you also found another mermaid. The last stop before fighting the Kraken. You are not going to go back empty handed, right?

>>4372858
>>4372858
>>4372858
>>
File: Gnoll Quest.png (34 KB, 1210x660)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
Just a few steps away from escaping the demonic cavern, your doppleganger blocks your path!

>>4374099
>>
File: IMG_20200725_010010.jpg (38 KB, 234x393)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
How do I trick people into reading my quest?
>>
>>4374234
Make lewd dark elves
>>
>>4374234
make the OP image a picture of boobs, that should get people to read your post
>>
File: MachariusRally.jpg (415 KB, 2560x1440)
415 KB
415 KB JPG
Imperial Crusade Quest continues. It's time to raise a new regiment and literally decide which direction the crusade will take.

>>4337876
>>4337876
>>4337876
>>
>>4373916
>Yes, but it is rewarding
Debatable. Pretty much every qm I've seen burns out after a while
>>
>>4374244
>filename

You cheeky fucker
>>
>>4373916
>Funny you should mention that. Give me about 2-3 months or so, and things might change...
what, are you that Twitter shill dude?
>>
Rolled 27 - 52 (1d100 - 52)

test
>>
>>4374538
>>4374538
>>4374538
Tasked with gathering 14 men and women in the holy capital city of Calunoth, you've just about completed your task for the King. It's time to figure out what to actually do about the killers, heathens, and madmen in your company.

Catalyst Quest is live!
>>
>>4374240
But my quest already features lewd boys
>>
>>4374549
It has always stricken me as cringy when every character in a lineup has a nickname. Don't know why.
>>
>>4374582
It's not every character, just the majority from an organization that required nicknames and later code names.
>>
>>4374376
I'm already burned out. The pain gives me power.

>>4374450
Nope. I'm somebody better than some random twitter shill dude. I have plans in the works that will revitalize /qtg/ permanently and for the better, if you can believe that. However, these same plans are predicated on a certain specific thing happening to me in my life within the next two to three months, the probability of which I am told is 100% but lack of information and various other factors make me paranoid about. In other words, merely by posting this reply to you about me being able to save /qst/ and more in the future, I am taking a gamble - a leap of faith if you will.

Should things go well for me, miraculously, then you will know.
>>
>>4374595
This sounds like you're going to blow up a building or something.
>>
>>4374601
No, but that's a good thing to include in my quest somewhere and somewhen when I do run it. That's "when" not "if", by the way.
>>
>>4374595
>I have plans in the works that will revitalize /qtg/ permanently and for the better, if you can believe that

I literally don't believe you
>>
>>4374672
This basically
>>
>>4374672
Yeah this.
Put up or shut up.
>>
>>4374595
Why not just explain what you intend to do then? As the other Anon said, put up or shut up. Will your plan magically not work if you reveal the details about it?
>>
>>4374672
>>4374688
>>4374781
Give me, or rather the person I'm relying on, time. There's a reason for everything.

>>4374797
>Will your plan magically not work if you reveal the details about it?
I've had experiences where telling people things I hope to happen causes them to not happen, because of bullshit I cannot explain here. Suffice it to say, this is something I'm keeping close to me until things happen. When they do, you'll know.
>>
>>4374859
see, you say things like this but people are just gonna think your bullshitting them because your whole plan hinges on "dude, trust me"
>>
>>4374234
Make a good fucking quest instead of peddling that dogshit.
>>
>>4374859
It sounds like you're going to commit a great crime in the name of /qst/.
>>
>>4374859
Holy shit stop sucking your own dick in public. Nobody cares until it happens, and right now I see no reason to believe it will. What's the point of making a grand announcement if you have literally nothing to show for yourself??
>>
>>4374879
attention
>>
>>4374888
Point.
>>
>>4374865
>people are just gonna think your bullshitting them because your whole plan hinges on "dude, trust me"
I know, I hate it too. Especially since I'm on the receiving end of the "dude, trust me" myself, as I've said.

>>4374878
I'm just shocked that no autist has by now, posting in random boards to advertise and be a nuisance all in the name of players.

>>4374879
>What's the point of making a grand announcement if you have literally nothing to show for yourself??
Just so people know.
>Nobody cares until it happens, and right now I see no reason to believe it will.
Fair enough. I hope it happens, myself. If it doesn't, then I'll have wasted this whole year and a half of working for nothing
>>
>>4374909
Why can't you let us in on your master plan, is the FBI going to raid you if you do
>>
>>4374919
Nah, CIA will.
>>
>>4374909
>So people know
So people know about a mystery project that will happen at some point in the future, maybe, possibly, and no, you have no proof, and no, you won't explain yourself, it's just going to totally happen, guys. You will single-handedly save /qst/ with your incredible magic powers.

Fuck off.
>>
>>4374919
>>4374922
You know what they say about alphabets. They quickly become soup.

>>4374930
>You will single-handedly save /qst/ with your incredible magic powers.
Sure, why not? :^)
>Fuck off.
See you in 2-3 months anon. Or in Hell, whichever comes first.
>>
>>4374950
Give us a hint
>>
>>4374953
Let's assume he's attention whoring until he gives any real information
>>
>>4374953
Did you see the :^)?
He's just low level trolling.
>>
>>4374974
I'm just amused at his comment. That's why.

>>4374953
Its too big to hint at without outing myself.

>>4374971
Safest thing for you to do, honestly
>>
>>4374595
is this Weaver?
>>
What is the most samefagged quest in this board? My vote goes to Sworn to Valour.
>>
>>4375015
Easily, even if its just that one anon. He puts in a lot of work
>>
>>4374997
weaver just does furry and pony art now while they die of the corona
>>
>>4375016
It's more than just one anon. There are multiple samefags in that quest. At least two exposed themselves like retards thus far.
>>
File: 3pi13ptic.gif (3.08 MB, 628x365)
3.08 MB
3.08 MB GIF
Mutant!Quest is live!!!

We continue off from where OP threadblocked last night.

Turns out that the hacker-mutant has yet to give up...

>>4375021
>>4375021
>>4375021
>>
File: Sailor Papillon.jpg (103 KB, 500x670)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
Eclipsed Moon Quest Episode 156 Resumes!

The meeting between the your Court, the new Senshi, and the mysterious otherworldly Sailor Guardian Sailor Papillon continues with a startling revelation about what exposure to the enemy's weapon turned you into a few months ago. However, even during this an unknown turn against tonight's operation against the enemy is about to present a dangerous choice that could risk everything you've worked toward.
>>
>>4374997
Who is this Weaver? I'm uninformed about them.
>>
>>4375039

forgot the post number

>>4375025
>>4375025
>>4375025
>>
>>4375018
That's kind of disappointing actually. I haven't kept tabs on him.

>>4375040
QM for Rubyquest, one of the more iconic /tg/ quests.
>>
Are mods real?
>>
>>4375015
>>4375016
>>4375023
idgi, why samefag so much for a quest? just to do things you wanna do?
>>
>>4375107
Presumably when they're really determined to have a vote go the way they want and feel no shame in trying to force it.
>>
I wanna ask one thing before starting some stuff for a quest, how do you guys feel about bonuses that lower or raise your odds when you have to roll? Don't know if I should even bother since the quest I'm thinking of is gonna have a fair bit of upgrades along the way
>>
>>4375107
Sworn to Valour players are... passionate. People have a lot of very specific ideas about what we want the MC to do and how we want him to do it. For the most part people are happy to debate and argue and talk it out and then vote. People often even switch there votes when someone presents a good argument or a great write in but some people are just so fucking invested that they get ass-mad when their ideal choice isn't voted for
>>
>>4375119
Yeah bonuses and maluses can be great if implemented well. Terrain, equipment, health, exhaustion, planning/scouting ahead etc, these can all lead to bonus rolls or negatives. Make sure you don't go overboard with it
and always have a reason for adding them. It helps to weave them into the narrative
>>
How the fuck is the Hero Academia Quest so absurdly popular and highly rated in the archives holy fuck
>>
>>4375665
It's not hard to artificially manipulate the archive scores
>>
>>4375700
Okay that makes sense, cause I'm looking at board favorites like Sworn to Valour and Hero Academia is more than twice that score
>>
>>4375702
If you want an example of a completely finished quest that was really well done and a great read look up Black Company Quest
>>
Sometimes I wish I was a fan of one of these long-running/finished quests. All my quests die.
>>
>>4375107
Lots of reasons but for StV I think it's twofold:

>1) StV has serious consequences, but the players always pick the most retarded choices if they're ''le lulz epik kool'' shit without any regard to the consequences or characterization. (This will not change no matter how many near-death experiences the mc goes through.)

>2) StV has a truly cancerous playerbase. You've got it all: samefags, murderhobos, metagamers, waifufags, and the list goes on and on.

There are other reasons that I can't think of right now.
>>
>>4375795
>StV has serious consequences, but the players always pick the most retarded choices
Then the consequences weren't serious enough.
Did the QM try to kill a waifu?
>>
>>4375795
Oh yeah, I remembered one other reason:

>StV players stop thinking if they get even a slight glimpse of waifu pussy

This means that there are Akun lowlifes among the StV playerbase with 10000000000000% certainty.

>>4375798
No, I don't think so. Maybe we'll get a damsel in distress type of situation with that Daubeny girl in the future though.
>>
>>4375799
So killing the waifu solves at least two of the problems.
>>
>>4375798
>>4375799
>>4375805
He did however force us to choose between letting a famous holy warrior leader die or letting a waifu we tapped previously (but messed up our relationship with her) become a cripple. Unsurprisingly, the former was chosen.
>>
>>4375808
Consequences should be tailored to the playerbase. Some quests can get away with making a little girl cry. Others will have to go all in from the beginning.
>>
>>4375809
Can't say I agree honestly. If the QM railroads or forces the players to be put into a situation where a waifu will die or get hurt regardless, then they'll become absolutely assmad. This will be especially the case if it's not a direct consequence of their own actions.
>>
>>4375814
That's not at all what I've said. It is my firm belief that any negative consequences must only and exclusively be caused by the players' informed decisions.
>>
>>4375827
Well sorry if that's not what you said. It was really vague and not clear.
>>
>>4375829
What I wanted to say is that once those negative consequences do occur, they should be of the sort that these particular players will care about.
>>
>>4375830
On that yeah I agree.
>>
>>4375831
Don't listen to this guy he is literally one of the anons who are butt mad about the his choices not being picked
>>
What are the hot new quests, /qtg/?
>>
>>4375827
>It is my firm belief that any negative consequences must only and exclusively be caused by the players' informed decisions.

bro sometimes bad things happen
>>
>>4375837
>t. Cancerous StV player
>>
>>4375839
Sometimes bad things happen IRL, but a quest is not RL. It's a story. And "this bad thing just randomly happened without a reason" makes for a shit story. It can perfectly serve as an inciting incident for a story, but if it happens in the middle it's just clumsy writing.
>>
>>4375845
Different quests try to achieve different things and Sworn is a world where bad things happen all the time. It didn't happen for no reason, it happened because there are large plots afoot and it looks like the snakemen are ready to march on canton yet again. Players voted, things went down how they went down. I find the the stakes very compelling, if you find it clumsy to each their own.
>>
>>4375854
I can't reply in detail without knowing the context, but "snakemen are ready to march on canton" sounds more like a challenge to prevent a bad thing than a bad thing in itself.

>Sworn is a world where bad things happen all the time
Again, I feel we understand what is a "bad thing" differently. For me it's something irreversible that the players care about on an emotional level. A random NPC stabbed by a robber one day? An atmospheric detail. A really helpful NPC stabbed? A challenge to overcome. Waifu/daughteru/best bro stabbed? Now that's a bad thing.
Are things like these happening all the time in StV?
>>
>>4375863
Yes, all of those happen all the time in StV. Why are you quibbling over semantics, what's your point? Whether or not an anon personally cares about a village getting raided or not doesn't change the fact. What're you even talking about if you don't play the quest. The player is a small fish in a big ocean and was across the continent from where the incident happened.
>>
>>4375863
If you want an understanding of the Quest as a whole I recommend you read the first thread. It will give you a pretty accurate look at the overarching themes and consequences etc
>>
>>4375876
I'm quibbing over semantics because we can't have a dialog unless each of us understands what the other means. If we understand the same words differently we'll just talk in circles.

>Whether or not an anon personally cares about a village getting raided or not doesn't change the fact
But it changes the reaction the player has. The point of a story is to have an emotional impact. A hundred villages might get raided every day in the world, but unless the players really care about this particular one, it's just a background detail. The Thanos snap wouldn't have become the talk of the net if it didn't kill the characters we actually care about.

>what's your point?
Probably that I couldn't believe that in StV bad things, the kind that happen to stuff the players actually care about, really occur all the time without being the players' fault. Otherwise it wouldn't last as long as it did, because when players feel their decisions don't matter (as in, can't prevent bad things from happening), they tend to break away.

>>4375889
The first MC died because of the players' dumb decisions. This looks completely in line with my thinking.
>>
>>4375928
You're waxing philosophical about quests in a manner so detached from actual questing it's just wankery.
>>
>>4376036
Childhood friend quest is updating. It is a quest about a crippled and his childhood friend
>>
File: Still River.png (504 KB, 910x512)
504 KB
504 KB PNG
>>4376105
>>4376105
>>4376105
After the morning you've had, wrestling the largest and most proficient hand-to-hand combatant you know is a welcome break.

Catalyst Quest is live!
>>
File: Top 16.png (807 KB, 1462x729)
807 KB
807 KB PNG
Here are the top 16 quests. Say something nice about them.
>>
File: 1589175623345.png (297 KB, 555x720)
297 KB
297 KB PNG
>>4376200
three of those are the same quest
>>
>>4376200
Gnoll quest is tight and it's nicely more rpg than usual drawquests.
>>
>>4376200
I've only ever played Otome Gone Wrong and don't give a shit about any of the others
>>
>>4376200
Next time put in the little bit of extra effort to hide repeat threads.
>>
>>4376200
Blood and Sweatsocks is a stupid, goofy quest that does a good job of capturing the campy sort of drama you would want in a pro wrassling quest. I don't care much for wrassling, but this is good. Plus, the drawings are a nice touch.
>>
>>4376200
Shinji isekai is about exactly as much of a meme as expected.
>>
>>4376047
You need a proofreader. I assume you are esl as you misuse words commonly.
>>
File: |.gif (4.6 MB, 544x450)
4.6 MB
4.6 MB GIF
Mutant!Quest is live!!

In which we continue our chit-chat with the 1337 h4x0r mutant...

>>4376675
>>4376675
>>4376675
>>
>>4376200
Goblin quest is the greatest quest to ever quest
>>
>tfw you thought all of your open quest threads had abruptly died, but you then find out autoupdate stopped working two days ago and they've all been running without you
>>
File: Gnoll Quest.png (38 KB, 1210x660)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
You swipe your claws at your evil doppelganger, aiming for the eyes!

>>4376974
>>
Anyone know what happened to the Zuko QM?
>>
> make shitpost quest
>100 unique IPs and dozen replies
>get bored and drop it
>make effort quest
>10 unique IPs, like 3-4 replies
>keep it going for several threads

I guess in the end you can only write what can keep you interested.
>>
File: 1582527063242.jpg (25 KB, 600x451)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>4377361
I'm not really sure how to put this into words but;
your "shitpost quests" like Modern Day Succubus are kind of lightweight and dynamic. The simplicity of the story and scenarios and the brevity of the posts make it very palatable for readers and they can just drop in an participate easily and without pressure. The simple posts and images make it easier on the QM as well so they can easily pump out more content and don't burn out their creative energy super fast.
This style of quest really plays well to the strengths of the medium: making a fun chaotic dynamically generated story with no rules or railroads for better or worse.

Your "effort quest" like your Wizard Assistant sort of prioritizes things that the quest medium does not excel at. By no means does it make those kind of quests or your quests bad, I just think your "shitpost quests" follow a style that makes better use of the medium's strengths.
>>
>>4377361
Your fault for thinking anyone honestly cares about the effort you put towards a fucking quest of all things
>>
Is there news of hive queen quest coming back any time soon? Or better yet, Death among the stars?
>>
>>4377361
Also, 4chan is a fairly right wing website. Gay male characters may put off a lot of players.
>>
>>4377503
4chan only likes gay character when they're female so that they can fetishize them.
>>
>>4373447

EMQ Thread 156 resumes
>>
File: 1564697235092.png (470 KB, 893x1200)
470 KB
470 KB PNG
>>4377504
I dunno, I've had success with feminine males.
>>
How long do you feel would be appropriate between posts assuming I gave the players substantial decision every time? I want to put together a Tactics quest similar to games like Ogre Tactics and Final Fantasy Tactics, where in players are given control over multiple characters and things like positioning and planning are important. Thoughts on overall viability as well?
>>
>>4377924
Larro's How To Be An Overlord is an example of what you're presenting (sorta), so take a look at that on tgchan. Alternatively, Iron Hearts is a version where players controlled individual units. I'd suggest feeling it out with some of the early suggestions rather than trying to guess before you start.
>>
>>4377924
If you want the players to decide on a concrete plan collectively, you're looking at either a lot of conflicting votes, no votes at all due to decision paralysis, or at best one competent anon playing and the rest supporting their votes. For a striking example, you can look at Court of Swords, where the players couldn't choose 3 moves out of 6 for days then chose the worst ones
That being said, I would really like to see your idea in action.
>>
>>4377946
>>4377931

Fair points, the main reason I'd want to avoid the standard Skirmish method is I'd hate to get overwhelmed if two many people attempt to join or conversely I set the scenario for a large group and then players don't continue participating and drop off. I'd like to keep the amount of actors to keep track of fairly tight and consistent and have a main through narrative focusing on one primary character the players control. If that makes sense. I'll check out the recommendations for sure though.
>>
>>4377368
I know it, I get why it works. A QST that gives people insensitive to keep that tab open is a quest that is successful. Multiple quick updates really is key. A quest like wizards assistant or dark fantasy is like reading a book but only reading a paragraph a day. No one reads books like that, how can you expect them to remember key points in a mystery if they read about it like a month before it became relevent in the story.

But in the end of the day, that quick low effert style has no substance and it's hard to actually motivate myself to keep going after like 1 thread.
>>
File: Space Marine 2.jpg (591 KB, 721x1162)
591 KB
591 KB JPG
Chapter Master Quest is currently running

>>4377959
>>4377959
>>4377959

Help command a Chapter of the Adeptus Astartes as they battle heretics, aliens, and worse.
>>
>>4377962
The skirmish runners I know deal with unpredictable player numbers using dynamic difficulty (basically, they add more enemies or introduce some difficulty-raising event if new players join)
>>
>>4377972
I'm trying to consider myself as well though. Its a lot of effort tracking so many individual actions and actors. And if say 20 people sign up, so I set things to 20 people's worth of difficulty, but then 10 of them drop off that's not fair to the other players or to me. That's been my main trepidation for doing classic skirmish style. I also worry it'd be hard for players to make plans if I'm constantly shifting the parameters of the encounter around.

That said I do have a plan of introducing an "AI" system if players are having a hard time managing a group and want either a streamlined play experience or just less to manage and track. But that would get extremely burdensome on me if the number of characters got to high.
>>
>>4377966
What makes or breaks a quest is the hook. From what I've seen there's only a handful:

1. Humor
2. Worldbuilding
3. Waifus
4. Mechanics that let you metagame and powerwank
5. Intriguing premise

The more of these you have the more likely your quest will get players. It's really that simple.
>>
>>4377981
If players drop off, you can have enemies become complacent, or introduce allied NPCs, or some helpful event.
Really though, if you'd like competent advice on skirmish-running, you can join the Discord channel https://discord.gg/8ducD8
>>
>>4377966
Once a date update is fine if you have a strong readerbase
>>
>>4377990
But then I still have the issue of so many actors on the field. I will put some more thought into it though.
>>
>>4378065
Dealing with many actors is made easier by streamlined mechanics and convenient workflow. The less things a given enemy can do, the less decisions you have to make. The less rolls to make and tables to consult, the quicker the processing. The more noticeably are individual players and their status marked, the less mistakes you make.
Also, you're unlikely to get 20 players before you're well-known, and by then you'll have the experience to make it work.
>>
>>4377503
I've ran two quests in the past and the players went for the gay option as a male protag both times.

t. /qst/-tan quest QM
>>
I want my
I want my
I want my
Q T G

>>4377971
look at that yo-yo, thats the way to do it
Shill your quest in the q.t.g
>>
>>4377503
It's not about whether or not it's politically favourable, it's more that qst is filled to the brim with coomers.
>>
>>4378315
>>4378315
>>4378315
On this afternoon's update of Catalyst Quest, two young, strapping, heterosexual men:
>Respectfully highlight their affection for their friends, and their time
>Hug, repeatedly
>Protect correspondence with their loved ones and business associates
>Minimize confrontation, and don't hinder the authorities, while traveling across the city
>Appreciate one another's modest choices in fashion (enchanted, or otherwise)

Are you a bad enough dude to play as a clean-cut, church-going political leader, and put on a nice appearance before reconvening with the King of your country? (There's going to be a race in a bit with a vaguely gothic priestess of Flesh, but, you know. Fashion and politics, first.)

More to come, probably later this evening.
>>
>>4378318
That ain't writin, that's the way you do it
Readers for nothin and clicks for free
Now that ain't writin, that's the way you do it
Lemme tell ya QMs ain't dumb
Maybe get a blister on your little finger
Maybe get a blister on your thumb
>>
File: 1575699173021.jpg (47 KB, 501x900)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>4378080
And there is, of course, the king.
>>
>>4378318
>>4378488
It can be said that with the population and quests running recently, /qst/ is in... Dire Straits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTP2RUD_cL0
>>
Are you a bad enough dude to help Ultraman defeat the terrible Zetton?

>>4379004
>>
File: 05_footman.jpg (186 KB, 710x727)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
Another daily update is out for Alterac Resurgent Quest. Now we plan the direction where to expand our reach, but with ogres to the north, bandits to the east and gnolls to the south, it will not be easy.

>>4379032
>>4379032
>>
Heat City Nights returns this Saturday
>>
I need a good stat system to use for like, strength and such. I'm having trouble deciding how hard my DCs should be for like, strength and whatnot.

Please, if y'all have recommendations, I would appreciate them.
>>
>>4379199
I'm a big fan of percentile systems myself, particularly roll under.
>>
What up homesi Wooudl anyone liike t eoplay eae quie ts wher eiyo u runwith a big crew of humanoid bugs fite beasts of burden in Haplobody 18 in thee Guedo Sueth Arrey
>>
>>4379316
You seem to be having a stroke.
>>
>>4379316
Don't run drunk. It will be a bad experience for all involved.
>>
>>4379316
If this is how you type I don't want to play anything you ever run senpai
>>
File: 1595934379948.png (1.11 MB, 1915x1014)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
>>4379494
>>4379494
>>4379494
You've been kept in the dark, for all your life. The last King of humanity sheds some light on His troubles beyond Corcaea's borders, and why the state of affairs at home have fallen into your capable hands.

Catalyst Quest's weekday update is jam packed with lore, honor, duty, and justified xenophobia. Hopefully more to come this evening.
>>
File: 3rn57.gif (2.4 MB, 545x246)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB GIF
Mutant!Quest is live!!

After the hacker mutant transfers his consciousness, we're shown a memory from his past.

Oh, and we kind of have to figure out what to do with his body now.

>>4379737
>>4379737
>>4379737
>>
I genuinely don't know if I should even bother with stats and perks or if I should just list things as skills that you accumulate and get better at as the quest goes on, what do you anons prefer?
>>
Rolled 2 - 20 (1d10 - 20)

test
>>
File: Gnoll Quest.png (81 KB, 1400x1330)
81 KB
81 KB PNG
GNOOOOOOOOLL SUPLEEEEEEEEEEEEX!!!

>>4379940
>>
>>4380006
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>tfw the quest's characters end up on /qst/'s front page and start interacting with threads or exploring their own quest
>>
that azur lane/megaman quest is another stillborn, or is its OP still holding onto the idea?
>>
>>4376167
>>4376167
>>4376167

'Black Clover: Parallel Story' continues in a new thread.
>>
Been four days, votes are open!

>>4373871
>>4373871
>>4373871
>>
>>4380787
Just kill it already dude, your quest is stone dead
>>
>>4380787
Requisite inq Pastae-ru.
>>
File: AnchovyBattle.jpg (1 MB, 4059x2896)
1 MB
1 MB JPG
Join us in GuP quest as we fight Anzio Academy in a duel to secure our place in the league!

>>4380804
>>4380804
>>4380804
>>
>>4380797
Time zones and the catalog are a bitch.
>>
>>4380803
nani?
>>
>>4380835
wrest in piece good sir, you've done ur best
>>
>>4380843
all i wanted was to finish my first brainchild
>>
File: m477_f7w.png (161 KB, 319x478)
161 KB
161 KB PNG
Mutant!Quest is live with an extra long update!!!

In which we find out the truth about Pharos and get a nice phonecall: Vinegar Doppio style!!!

>>4381114
>>4381114
>>4381114
>>
Are there any good quests running? As in /tg/ days quality, I think the last good quest I actually read here was one of molochs
>>
File: myfacewhenIhaveNoFace.gif (875 KB, 500x463)
875 KB
875 KB GIF
>>4381400
>Are there any good quests running?
No. Everybody here is just playing bad quests and hating it all the time and nobody knows why we're even here anymore. Your ascended tastes and utterly unstated preferences will find no satisfaction here.
>>
>>4381401
Well that sucks
>>
>>4381400
It's not running right now.
>>
>>4381400
Rose tinted goggles. Half the quests on the board probably meet that criteria.
>>
>>4381431
Well yeah but which? I haven't been reading in a while do to the decline in quality are there any you recommend that are actually good?
>>
>>4381459
Moloch's quests are still as good as always.
I have other candidates, but I don't know what you consider "good"
>>
So, gauging here as it'll get more folks who see them than just my players. Do you guys think I go overboard with making a bunch of custom thread banners for my Sailor Moon fanfic Quest, Eclipsed Moon Quest?

Granted I'm only two threads back after a two year Hiatus, but I'm sure there are folks kicking around here who've been around long enough to have opinions one way or the other.

>>4381400
I was /tg/ days but I'm relatively sure I'm not on anyone's toplist for quality.
>>
File: Test.png (751 B, 36x74)
751 B
751 B PNG
Don't mind me, just testing image readability
>>
File: 6XZB-1.gif (448 KB, 800x357)
448 KB
448 KB GIF
Mutant!Quest is live!!!

We dispose of a not-dead body.

>>4382122
>>4382122
>>4382122
>>
File: Forest surrounding Eadric.png (2.16 MB, 1500x1875)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB PNG
>>4382228
>>4382228
>>4382228
A magnificent homecoming is in order. Trouble is, that even with all the logistics out of the way, your reputation is in tatters. Can anyone even help you patch it up?

Catalyst Quest's weekday update is out!
>>
>travelling without internet for a while
>first instinct is to check qst for valen just in case its back
Valenbros...
>>
File: i_hug_that_feel.png (42 KB, 500x461)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>>4382631
>>
/v/ just got another board to divide itself, yet topics related to it can still be posted on /v/ and /vg/.
How does that make you feel, faggots?
>>
>>4382661
>Among the first threads is anime porn and some guy's dick
It makes me feel happy I have nothing in common with those degenerates.
>>
>>4382661
>>>/vrpg/
The fuck, when did that show up?
>>
>>4382801
Literally just today. There's an announcement at the top if you refresh.
>>
>>4382661
It will settle on the ocean floor next to /qst/ and /trash/.

Some tranny mod will get to babysit it till the end of time.
>>
>>4382661
Like /v/ has been acknowledged as a dustbin of e-celeb drama, janny abuse, and all around retardation.
>>
File: 7fw_53cr371y_4w4k3.png (271 KB, 795x613)
271 KB
271 KB PNG
Mutant!Quest is live!!!

>>4383193
>>4383193
>>4383193
>>
The End of the Quarantine is here. Face a Kraken, an Undine and an Elf master spy in the depth of Ocean in order to get the cure-all algae and save your city from the plague.

>>4383233
>>4383233
>>4383233

Live session until the very end.
>>
File: Well-lit Inn.png (870 KB, 1920x1128)
870 KB
870 KB PNG
>>4383390
>>4383390
>>4383390
A deranged minstrel has been hard at work— on your behalf— for the last eight months. While the company you keep has enough problems to spare, it seems things are somehow worse than you even anticipated.

James Sower would like to tell you a story.

After this substantial update, Catalyst Quest will be live again tomorrow afternoon, EST!
>>
I have one question and one question only......when the fuck will somebody make a Neptunia based quest.
>>
>>4383605
As soon as you start it
>>
>>4383605
Someone already did, but it didn't survive the split.
>>
What if there was a general thread on /tg/ to advertise quests for a better audience
>>
File: 森林.jpg (807 KB, 1000x719)
807 KB
807 KB JPG
>>4361946
>>4379961