[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).
  • There are 18 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

File: Destiny.jpg (515 KB, 1920x1080)
515 KB
515 KB JPG
“You need to get up”

The voice is faint, as if you’re hearing it at a distance, or there was something stopping up your ears. Your eyes are heavy, everything is heavy it feels like you’ve been draped with a lead blanket that’s pinning you to the ground.

“Please open your eyes and get up, I didn’t spend all these years looking for you just to loose you as soon as I’d found you.” The voice is a velvety contralto, deep and rich. You can hear it more clearly now. You struggle to open your eyelids, fluttering them a tiny bit. Spears of light stab at your eyes and you wince and close them briefly before cracking them open a sliver and squinting to see who is talking to you.

It takes a minute for your eyes to adjust, at first all you see is blobs of green and brown and a floating blob of white, but slowly the world comes into focus. You’re on the outskirts of a city surrounded by the rusted out and overgrown remains of cars and bobbing in front of your face is a small white machine that dances through the air watching you with a single glowing eye.
>>
File: Ghost.png (2.23 MB, 1751x1065)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB PNG
>>4329262

“Thank the Traveler” The floating machine sighs “Listen, I’m sure you have a lot of questions, and I’d be happy to answer them, but right now we really need to get moving before something finds us.”

You push yourself to your feet. The task feels herculean, you feel so weak, but gradually your strength returns and the feeling of weakness disappears like mist being burned away by the morning sun. Standing tall and feeling revitalized you look over at the floating machine.

It bobs as if it’s nodding at you and then says. “Good, follow me.” It begins to fly away from you following the broken road.

“I’m your Ghost.” It tells you. “I brought you back to life.”

“What?” You sputter nearly stumbling over a pothole.

“Yes yes, you were dead and now you’re not. I understand that’s probably hard to wrap your head around but you can contemplate the implications later. This whole area is firmly in the grip of the Hive, and if we don’t want to end up sacrificed to their gods we need to get out of here and back to the city.”

“What are the Hive?” You ask as you jog after the ghost. “ And what city.

“Aliens, creepy genocidal fanatics” the ghost tells you. “I’ll give you the whole run down when we aren’t in mortal peril, but that’s the gist of it. And it’s The City, the last city, humanities city. It’s going to be your home, assuming we survive long enough to get there.”

Honestly the answers just bring up more questions, but before you can continue your inquiry the ghost starts speaking again.

“The way I see it there are three ways we get out of this. We can try to go through the ruins of the city and make our way to the airport, there’s probably something there I can get in the air to get us out of here, but we would almost certainly end up having to fight our way through the Hive to get there. We can try sticking to the outskirts of the city and looking for a broadcasting tower I can use to boost my signal and reach out to the Vanguard to call for a pickup, but as soon as we send the signal we might as well be screaming ‘here we are come eat us’ so we’d better hope that our Evac comes quickly. Or we can avoid the ruins and try going cross country to get to Old Chicago. The Vanguard have a small outpost there we can meet up with. It would be a ten day trip though, and I don’t know what we might run into on the way, this whole continent is lousy with Hive and Fallen and I don’t much fancy being caught in the open by a raiding party. It’s your choice, what do you want to do?”

>Go through the city to try and get to the airport and find a plane.

>Skirt around the edges of the city trying to find a broadcast tower

>Go cross country to get to the Vanguard outpost in Old Chicago
>>
>>4329265
>>
>>4329265
I was expecting the Fallen to come for us first.
So when do we get Khovostov QM?
>>
>>4329286

>Khovostov

When we get to Russia, assuming we find one.
>>
>>4329307
Since we have the option to go into Old Chicago I’m assuming we are in America than
>>
>>4329279
>>4329286

Through the city it is, give me a moment to write.
>>
>>4329315

Correct. While there may be similarities, particularly here in the beginning, we aren't just following the regular destiny story line. We are a guardian, but not the guardian we play in campaign in the games. Would be rather boring to just rehash a tale we all know after all.
>>
>>4329325
Certainly good news, I have already suffered enough by Papa Bungie.
Also what’s the time? Before d1, the Taken War or the Red War, etc
>>
>>4329329

Post Red War Pre Forsaken, and that's all I'm going to say. I'll be playing it a little fast and loose with the timelines and we can of course mix things up based on our actions, but that's the general time period to give you an idea of what to expect.

Sorry for the wait on the reply, got called away from my laptop for a bit.
>>
>>4329359
All good
That also means we get to relive Cayde dying again
>>
File: overgrown city..jpg (388 KB, 1600x948)
388 KB
388 KB JPG
>>4329265

“We’ll go through the City” You tell the Ghost. “Make for the airport and find a plane.”

It is, in your opinion, the best choice. Much better to be proactive and take matters into your own hands, get it over with one way or the other, rather than risk your life on the hope that someone else will come save you or spend days dodging ambushes until you get worn down and make a mistake that will cost you your life.

“Okay then.” Says the ghost. “Follow me, and try to be quiet if you can.”

You nod and then follow after the Ghost. It leads you along the road and into the rotting carcass of a dead city. Crumbling buildings jut into the sky like bleached bones. Ivy festoons the sides of the structures and plants push through the remains of concrete and asphalt where nature has begun to devour and reclaim the ruin. In dark corners you can barely make out fleshy growths, red tumorous lumps. The air is permeated with the metallic tang of old blood and a nauseous scent not dissimilar to rotting fish. You walk carefully, making sure to step on solid ground avoid anything that could shift under your weight, and you keep your eyes open looking left and right for any signs of movement.
>>
>>4329479

As you move deeper into the city you start to hear things, screams in the distance echoing through the concrete canyons formed by the ruined structures around you. Unnerving, but far enough off that you aren’t over concerned, until you hear a piercing screech from right behind you and whirl to see a hunched skeletal thing charging at you.

It’s pale almost bone white and looks like a twisted desiccated corpse with the flesh melted away such that the skin clings to the outline of it’s deformed bones. It screeches at you again as it charges forward brandishing long limbs that end in grasping claws.

What do you do?

>Meet it’s charge head on. You’re larger, heavier. You can crush it and silence it quickly

>Look around and try to find a tool or a weapon, something you can use to improve your odds

>Duck into a building and get out of the open, hide and set up an ambush for it.
>>
>>4329380

Potentially.
>>
File: thrall.jpg (28 KB, 473x557)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>4329486

Forgot pic.
>>
>>4329486
>Look around and try to find a tool or a weapon, something you can use to improve your odds
Literally anything.
>>
>>4329486
A crowbar is enough for a thrall
>>
>>4329503
Do you think tearing of one of the thrall's limbs to use as a spare melee weapon is a good idea? Because I think it is.
>>
>>4329508
Let’s do it, but we’re gonna have to be quick about it. Guaranteed at least a few more thrall and possibly an acolyte are nearby.
>>
>>4329519
Granted if we're strong enough, and tear a single limb off is too time consuming, we could instead carry the thrall corpse to use as a two handed weapon. Grip it by either it's wrists or ankles, and get to swinging.
>>
>>4329522
Speaking like a true Titan, which reminds me
>>4329488
Do we already have a class or are we gonna choose one soon?
>>
>>4329496
>>4329503

>Looking for an improvised weapon

Rolld100 for me lads
>>
>>4329486
>Look around and try to find a tool or a weapon, something you can use to improve your odds.

Great, our first foes are the dark magic bugs with a sword fetish. Guns, we need guns. And lots of ammo. There's no such thing as just "one" thrall after all. Is this where we're going to see what our class is? This option feels Warlock'y.
>>
Rolled 60 (1d100)

>>4329529
Do we want high or low?
>>
Rolled 20 (1d100)

Welp the amount quests I'm following have gone up
>>4329529
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>4329529
>>
Rolled 45 (1d100)

>>4329529
>>
>>4329529
So how many are alowed to roll?
>>
>>4329538

We want high, and we'll take the best of three.

>>4329528

>what is our class?

An excellent question, you may have noticed your ghost hasn't refereed to you as a Titan or a Warlock or a Hunter. This is because rather than being something that is assigned to you on revival it will be something you all get to choose. It won't be as rigid as it is in the game. I want the world to feel a bit more organic. I'll explain more in just a second

>>4329538
>>4329544
>>4329545
>>4329551

>85

thank you for the rolls. Writing.
>>
>>4329556
Best of 3 eh? Err.. what if we were to crit fail on one of the 3? Would that override the other rolls?
>>
>>4329560
its QST, of course it will.
>>
>>4329560
>>4329564

Crit fails will only be an issue in Darkness zones. It won't override the other rolls, but it will impose a penalty. I don't want to completely fuck you over, but I do want there to be hiccups that make things more challenging.
>>
>>4329572
Hmm ok
>>
>>4329572
So, like, adds suddenly showing up on our flank or the becoming unlucky enough to get the "smart" enemies who take us (and potentially our fireteam) deadly seriously going forward?
>>
>>4329579
>>4329576

Basically. It will depend on the situation but yeah, shit getting more complicated or something happening that, while it may not mean you failed in what you were initially trying to do, definitely means that things just got harder. I don't want it to be just a "you failed get fucked" kind of feeling. Fail forward and all of that.
>>
>>4329556
What class is closest to God of War tier shenanigans?
>>
File: Rubble.jpg (244 KB, 600x600)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>4329486

You take a step back and your eyes dart side to side looking for something you can use as a weapon. The streets nearly bare. You could try looking for something in one of the rusted out cars but that would take to long, likewise there’s probably something in the buildings, but that would take to long as well. The thing is going to be on you in moments, you need something now. Your eyes catch on a pile of ruble to your right where a wall collapsed outward on the building next to you.

You’re already moving as you register the opportunity, clearing the distance with two quick steps and grabbing a piece of concrete about as long as your forearm and wide enough around that your hands can’t quite encompass it you raise it over your head just in time as the thing leaps at you and you bring the chunk of rubble down with all the force you can muster smashing it into the things head and swatting it out of the air.

It’s skull deforms and pops, chunks of chitin and globules of tar like flesh spray you and the paint the ground a dark brackish red as the carcass falls. As the corpse falls you can hear more screams and the drumming sound of feet beating against the ground, there are more of them, and they are coming for you.

“Over here” Your ghost calls out from within one of the buildings ahead of you. “I think this was a police station, there might be weapons you can use.”
>>
File: weapons locker.jpg (92 KB, 850x850)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>4329647

You follow the Ghost into the ruin as it darts around corners shining a white light across the interior of each room briefly before moving on. The sounds of the screeching things are getting closer, as you run past room after room deeper into the building. You can hear them inside now, echoing off of the walls.

“Here” says the Ghost as it darts into a room on your left “There’s a weapons locker, quick grab something.”

You come around the corner and hear the click of an electric lock as your ghost bobs in front of a large metal structure bathing it in clear white light. You grab the handle and throw the door open, it’s full of guns.

You hear a screech from just outside the room in the hall and reach out to grab a

>Pistol

>Shotgun

>Riffle
>>
>>4329653
>Pistol
>>
>>4329653
>Pistol
It’s close quarters and we can shoot pretty quickly since their are multiple thrall coming for our ass. After we take care of them we can leave it for the Rifle and Shotgun
>>
>>4329653
Is there an assault rifle in there? We should grab the assault/auto rifle if it's there. Come back for the shotty if we're unlucky enough to run into a knight.
>>
>>4329681
Don’t think a knight would be around a bunch of Thrall, it’s usually an acolyte in charge of a group like that.
>>
>>4329606

I'm not terribly familiar with God of War, but based on my understanding probably a Titan.

>>4329681

There are assault riffles yes.

Gonna give it just a moment to see if there are any more votes before calling it. In the mean time I'm going to explain a bit more what I meant >>4329556 about the classes not being as rigid.
>>
>>4329665
>>4329667

Calling it, we're going for the pistol. Give me a roll of 1d100.

Now regarding class. In game obviously there is a very clear distinction between each of the three classes. You are limited to only using skills and techniques particular to you class and sub class, and generally there’s a very limited number of applications for your powers. Now of course all of the powers you know and love from the game will be present in this quest, but I would also like to allow for some uses of light that aren’t shown in game. Being a game there is only so much they can implement, but way I figure it there’s no reason that in universe guardians would necessarily be limited by game logic. For instance in a cut scene we see Saladin make a Solar Axe instead of a Solar Hammer. It’s a small thing, but it demonstrates that the world is more organic in that light bearers are not restricted to just what we see in game, although of course game play is likely representative of some of the more iconic or popular uses of light.

With regards to techniques I’m going to do it a bit like the quests for different sub classes in d1. You’ll learn new powers and new techniques for using your light by practicing with them and being taught them by other guardians, and some by figuring things out for yourselves. There are some which are very simple and innate, and some that are harder to grasp. You’ll pick up a few here in the beginning that are instinctive, but others you’ll have to put in some work for. Rather than rigid classifications the three classes will be more like different schools of thought and philosophies. This is to say if you join a Titan order for example, and swear the oaths you will be a Titan. Not because your ghost told you you were a Titan or there is some innate quality in you that makes you a Titan, but because you chose to become a Titan and learned how to be a Titan from other Titans.
>>
Rolled 64 (1d100)

>>4329716
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>4329716
Sounds good QM
One question though, can we make our own weapons with its own intrinsics and such? How will that work too?
>>
>>4329725

An excellent question. You can indeed make weapons. It's something you'll have to learn to do, collaborate with others, and go questing for unique materials for, but you could totally make yourself a unique weapon based on golden age tech you found in a vault or some reverse engineered vex shit or hive magic. Even if you yourself don't make them you can cultivate contacts with people who could make them for you, or potentially find them or inherit them.

Basically exotics, or rather what are exotics in the game, are going to be a lot more unique, and a bit rarer. They will be a big deal. You also won't be limited to just one if and when you get to the point where you have multiple.

I want to take the opportunity to play in the destiny sand box a bit, explore the universe, and get creative. I strongly encourage it honestly, though it's by no means something you have to do.
>>
>>4329722
>>4329725

>97

I doubt we will get a better roll than that so I'll take it. Writing.
>>
>>4329716
Sounds cool. The whole concept of Paracausality would be way more flexible than it is in a video game. Being able to literally defy fate (e.g. vex time BS) and other such things would open up a great many things besides popping supers or getting rez'd after being totally disintegrated.

I also thought about how you're limited to only a few exotics in game and then I remembered Goblin Slayer. See, if you die with a bunch of awesome shit on you guess who gets all that awesome shit? This would be especially bad if Cabal or Fallen took ya down. They have no problem whatsoever using your own shit against you especially the fallen given what happened when they found that vault.

Hence it's probably a common sense policy from the Vanguard or just other Guardians doing each other a solid. Stash the exotics you find, only take out the ones you *really* feel like you're gonna need. Last thing any fireteam wants is a whole group of Centurions or Captains rocking the Colony and decked out in the very best armor humanity could manufacture! Or finding out how to defeat said armor.
>>
>>4329760
thats a horrible thought, 6 teleporting captains with Jotuns
>>
File: sidearm.jpg (244 KB, 1086x610)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>4329653

You reach out and grab a large pistol. You don’t remember ever holding a Gun, you can’t remember much at all before waking up at the Ghost’s urging actually, but the grip fits in your hand perfectly. Without even thinking you reach out with your left to support your hold on the pistol, gripping it naturally with both hands as you whip around and bring it up to bear.

You sight down the length of the gun and as the first of the Hive comes through the doorway you pull the trigger. The crack of the gunshot reverberates through the room as the aliens head is perforated by the bullet and it’s grey matter is blown out the back of it’s skull in a shower of gore that sprays over the others.
As the body drops the others screech at you and vault over the corpse, desperate to reach you and rend your flesh with their talons, but the doorway is narrow and forces them to come at you one at a time. You Methodically line up your shots and plug away at them, your aim shifting down slightly as you aim at center mass now that you are having to shoot faster, firing twice for each Alien in rapid succession as the bodies slowly pile up in the doorway obstructing the others from getting in.

Your pistol clicks empty as you fire the last round in the magazine and one of the creatures leaps over the barricade and dives at you. As it spears through the air with claws outstretched you know you don’t have time to reload. In that moment you feel something coursing through your veins and infusing your muscles. It feels like

>Fire, fire running through your veins as if your chest were a furnace being stoked into a roaring blaze

>Lighting, pins and needles all over your body and limitless energy like a thunderstorm inside your chest

>Pressure, pressure welling up from within as if something inside you was exerting it’s own gravitational force on the world bending reality.
>>
>>4329760
>>4329766

That is a horrible thought. And a good reason to limit your use of exotics.

Need to go for a bit, got a barbecue to attend, but I will be back in a few hours to continue. Just giving you all a heads up.
>>
>>4329836
>Pressure, pressure welling up from within as if something inside you was exerting it’s own gravitational force on the world bending reality.
Void Nightstalker here we come!
>>
>>4329836
>Fire, fire running through your veins as if your chest were a furnace being stoked into a roaring blaze
I like fire
>>
For the record this won't hard lock you into one type of light, but it will determine which type of light you have the most natural affinity for. IE what comes easiest to you.
>>
>>4329836
Pressure. I want to be tossing Nova Bombs ASAP.
>>
>>4329846
+1
>>
Right I'm back, sorry for the delay, barbecue went a bit longer than I had expected.

>>4329846
>>4329856
>>4329869
>>4329957

Void it is. Writing.
>>
>>4330358
Hope you had a good time
>>
>>4330362

I did, thanks. Good bratwurst and good company. I hope your evening has been pleasant as well.
>>
File: void..jpg (10 KB, 200x260)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>4329836

You can feel it, a pressure. In you veins, in your muscles, welling up from within and pushing out against your skin. Acting on instinct you release your grip on the pistol with your left hand and thrust it forward towards the Hive. It’s a textbook palm strike. Fingers curled back to keep them from being broken, twisting with your hips to put the full force of your body behind the strike. Something in the back of your mind tells you it would have been a clean strike, but it’s far too early. You’re going to hit nothing but air, and then the creature is going to gut you.

But then the pressure ripples down your arm, following the path of the strike as your extended limb becomes a conduit for the energy. It explodes from your palm in concussive waves of purple force which rip the chitin from the Hive’s flesh and pulp it’s muscle and bones, blasting it away from you and sending the carcass sailing through the air until it crashes into the wall with a meaty smack.

“What the fuck.” You mutter to yourself.

“Void Light” Your Ghost tells you. “I resurrected you in the Traveler’s Light, that Light is part of you now. You have an attunement to Void Light, the energy of the vacuum between the stars.”

There’s another cry from outside. It’s louder than the screeching of the thrall, a malicious sonorous bellow you can feel in your chest.

“We need to keep moving” The Ghost tells you. “The Thrall are just the beginning, there will be more Hive here soon. Bigger, and stronger. We need to move.”

“Fine just let me grab some weapons first" you say and look over the locker more closely than you had on the first look. There’s a good assortment, though you know you’ll only be able to carry so many. You quickly strap on the holster for the side arm first and grab a few spare magazines for it, moving on auto pilot. It’s small and simple to bring with you. The real question is which of the larger guns you take. It would be awkward to carry more than one.

Do you take the

>Shotgun

>Assault rifle

>Sniper rifle
>>
>>4330444
>Sniper rifle
Pistol for thrall and acolytes while the is sniper for the knights and wizards.
And Ogres
>>
>>4330444
Nice, smacked the bug with warlock space magic. What we grab depends on what the path ahead looks like. Ol' ghosty have any clues? They can scan ahead some distance can't they?

If we don't get any hints, then it's either the sniper or the assault rifle. We already got a CQC option with our pistol and melee attacks.
>>
>>4330444
>Shotgun
For anything that gets too frisky and when we get too tired to use the void light.

Can we hide away, then come back to grab several more boxes and belts of ammunition? A backpack's worth.
>>
>>4330459
+1
>>
>>4330459
>>4330462
>>4330467
>>4330474

Right so it's looking like the Sniper then. Writing.

>>4330462

They can indeed scout ahead, but ol'ghosty hasn't had the chance in this case and we got hive incoming. There's also the fact that if your ghost bites it you're screwed so while they can it may not always be the best move.

>>4330467

You could potentially double back if you wished to do so, we shall see. I'll include write ins so you can lobby for it on future choices.
>>
>>4330485
We've woken the hive
>>
File: indeed..jpg (77 KB, 1088x643)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>4330493
>>
>>4330485
I meant scan, not physically scout. Our ghost is both our best buddy and the key to our immortality (i.e. the reason we can get rez'd).

Unless we got a top of the line reactive phase modulator, flawless cloaking device, or damn near impregnable shielding/armor for him he's staying either in the backpack or out of phase/in a hidey hole within transmat range so he can't get sniped by some asshole who gets lucky and rolls a 100.

>>4330493
Indeed.
>>
>>4330523
The riflemen rolled a nat 100 on Sundance
Also I like the idea of getting armour for our little guy. Maybe we can rig up a sidearm later so he can be a mini turret.
I also suggest we name him something.
>>
>>4330527
>Maybe we can rig up a sidearm later so he can be a mini turret.
Wouldn't that be too heavy and cumbersome for out ghost?
>>
>>4330528
Possibly, we are gonna have to test it out
>>
>>4330527
I think he even had a bit of hive magic imbued into the round he used "just to make sure" it would work, so nat 100 and a good bonus to the roll to boot. They *really* hated Cayde.

>>4330528
Golden Age tech is a hell of a thing if we ever manage to get our hands on some. Also, we could get creative. Put his shell in an areal drone to boost his carrying capacity for example. Though that would make him a bigger/easier target.
>>
>>4330538
It was a round of sorrow, don’t remember who supplied it to him.
Also I have a suggestion for the name of our ghost: Chad.
>>
>>4330538
Why not make a robot independent from him? I don't think putting the +1UP robot in an offensive attack drone is a good idea. it would draw too much attention to him.

>Also, we could get creative.
To that I can agree, but not for combat purposes. We don't know how strong our guardian is, but if he or some other guardian has the brain matter to modify a Ghost, then giving our additional armor in addition to a cloaking device would spectacularly increase it's survivability rate. That is unless it just phases out of existence and into the Guardian. I don't really know where they go when not in use.

>>4330546
Why don't we ask the Ghost what's it's name is?
>>
>>4330549
I thought ghosts didn’t have names until people chose it for them
>>
>>4330546
Ouch, yeah, he was making damn sure then. Weapons/rounds of Sorrow ain't nothing to fuck with. Wouldn't mind nabbing a Bad JuJu or a Thorn replica at some point.

Sadly, I think ghosts already have their names before they find their guardians. Of course, nothing is stopping ours from forswearing one until he found us or something.
>>
>>4330444

After a moments consideration you grab the Sniper rifle. It’ll have a hell of a punch, and more importantly it will let you bring down the “bigger” one’s your Ghost just mentioned at a nice safe distance. Sure the shotgun probably has plenty of kick to it, but why give your enemies the chance to kill you too? Much better to kill them without giving them the opportunity to retaliate. Of course it’s not much use inside the closed confines of a building, or from ground level walking down the street either. You’ll need a better vantage point.

“We need to get to the roof” You tell you Ghost. “Can you find the stairs?”

“Yes” She says, and she darts out of the room as you grab more ammunition, strapping pouches to your belt and throwing the rest into a pack you throw on your back. After a moment you here her voice calling “Over here.”

You close the locker, and then you climb over the pile of corpses in the doorway and run down the hall after her voice. The Ghost is floating next to a rusted out metal door. You kick it down, it’s hinges crumbling easily, easier than you had expected. Stepping through the doorway you see you’ve stepped into a crumbling concrete stairwell. Sunlight breaks through holes in the outer wall, but the steps themselves are sufficiently intact for you to take them two at a time as you sprint up them and ascend to the top of the building. The door at the top of the stairwell is closed and jammed shut, but judicious use of your universal key gets it open, though it’s a bit louder than you would have preferred.
>>
>>4330565

You move through the door and then move over to the side of building crouching down to hide behind the buildings parapet. Peeking over the top you look down at the street below. There’s a dozen Thrall that you can see, and standing among them are several larger stronger looking creatures. If the Thrall were desiccated corpses these one’s have some meat on their bones. They also have large objects grasped in their hands which scream gun to you.

Looking away from them you consider the buildings around the one you’re on. Your only method of egress is going to be jumping from the roof you are on to another building. That or going back and fighting your way through the horde, but that’s a fools bet. The ghost told you more would come, and you don’t want to bet on them running out of bodies before you run out of ammunition.

You’d been heading northish, you think. The building in that direction is taller than the one you’re on. There are several gaping holes where there had once been windows you could aim for but it definitely wouldn’t be easy and if you miscalculate you’re going to pancake yourself. The building to the east is about the same height as the one you’re on, it’s doable. West is the street with the Hive. You glance south, the building is shorter, an easy jump but in the wrong direction.

What do you do?

>Try to jump through a hole in the wall into the building to the north. Risky, but it’s the right way

>Jump to the east building, it’s not the way you want to go but it’s away from the Hive

>Jump to the south Building. It’s the wrong way, but it’s an easy jump and it’s away from the Hive

>Write in.
>>
>>4330523

>Scan

Makes a good deal of sense. Though from my personal experience it feels like the ghosts range is fairly limited without supplementation via the orbital transmat network.

>>4330546
>>4330549
>>4330561
>>4330564

Generally the Ghosts seem to be named by their Guardians from what I've read while prepping for this quest. Osiris named Sagira for instance, and Ana named her ghost Jinju, though in some cases there are ghosts who don't have Guardians which have names such as Pulled Pork, who seems to have been named by the Guardian community at large.

Our Ghosts name is certainly something we can bring up to see if they have one or if we will be naming them. But uh, got to correct a bit of a misconception here.

>The voice is a velvety contralto, deep and rich

Contralto is the term used to describe female singers of the lowest female voice type. Our Ghost sounds feminine. My apologies if i was too vague with that and it was confusing. I get that describing it as deep may have made people think it was masculine. In retrospect that was a mistake.
>>
>>4330570
Ok, say we keep going north and botch the jump. Any hive with a line of sight we can see down there?

Second, we haven't gotten our "jump" yet. We know by instinct that our little "void" punch felt a bit like gravity manipulation. Maybe we can intuit that we can, in a limited sense, defy gravity and try to make that happen to ease the difficulty of the jump? I mean, if we can go full floofy mode the rest of the jumps will be easy (so long as no snipers have a bead on us anyway).

Finally, can ghost scan for any signs or indications of the presence of jumpships or even just basic bitch atmospheric aircraft? It'd help if we actually knew a general direction to fit to our stated objective.
>>
>>4330570
>Try to jump through a hole in the wall into the building to the north. Risky, but it’s the right way
Only if we had triple jump
>>4330583
Also yeah, get the ghost to scan for ships
>>
>>4330577
Contralto is gonna be my name choice. Chad doesn't really fit the feminine voice, and I don't like the comparison to Stacey.

>Write in.
Can we sneak down the building in search for anything flammable? The odds are low, but I think something distracting like a fire bomb might hinder any group of thralls we have to fight.
>>
>>4330583

Excellent questions. Allow me to elaborate.

>Are there any Hive with a line of sight to where we would fall if we botch the Jump.

They're clustered in front of the building we are on top of. So they can't see into the alley we would fall into, but they'd probably hear our body smacking into the concrete.

>Can we try to intuit a jump of some sort.

To an extent. You ain't gonna be double jumping just yet, but you might be able to figure something out. Even without your "Jump" ability it is something you could potentially do.

>Can the ghost lead us to aircraft

That's what the ghost is doing. It's leading us to the local airport, which it knows the location of. once we get a bit closer it will be able to scan for aircraft we could potentially use.

Any other questions?
>>
>>4330589
I missed the part of its gender
I’m gonna suggest Flora
>>
>>4330597
Yeah, degrees of failure. Any awnings, balconies, stairwells, ladders, etc. between the windows we're aiming for and the ground? If we fall short we may well be able to prevent our first death by succeeding in grabbing onto or landing on one of those.
>>
>>4330601
Flora it is then

>>4330605
why not take the stairs?
>>
>>4330601

To be fair I never stated it explicitly until just now, I just mentioned that it's voice was contralto. I failed to consider that may not be a term which would be recognizable to my fellow anons. My apologies for the confusion.

>>4330605

Well there's likely a fire escape in the alley assuming the building was built to code. Though we would have to go over to that edge to look. Thing is it would have been exposed to the elements and left without maintenance for a very long time if there was one. No telling if it would support our weight.

But, even if we didn't manage a clean jump we could likely grab onto the edge of the hole and pull ourselves up.

My apologies if I'm not providing enough information for you to work with. I will en-devour to include more pertinent detail in the future.
>>
>>4330625
Eh, as they say "Be Brave". Let's go for the risky option!
>>
>>4330625
Thank you QM, appreciate it.
A quick question: when we get a ship, do we have to immediately jump it into the tower or can we free roam?
>>
>>4330635
I personally want to kill and loot all the armor and weapons we can acquire off of the dead.
>>
>>4330629

Alright one vote for north. We got any other votes.

>>4330635

>Can we go exploring?

So I'm guessing you are a Hunter yeah? We can free roam if you all want to. The Ghost is going to want us to go to the tower, and while roaming we could potentially encounter danger, but if we wanted to free roam for a bit we could. It'd delay getting to the things planned for the tower, but if that's what ya'll would enjoy I'm fine with it.

>>4330637

And now I must contemplate how to handle drops in this and if they're too gamey and if so how do we get shit...
>>
>>4330637
Hive don't got much in the way of that unless you're talking hive knights and their swords (which aren't a thing we wanna face right now believe me).

Cabal and Fallen are our best bet for usable xenotech right now. Hopefully some of them come crashing in around the Hive soon. Fun fact that's kept humanity alive up until now, none of the other races particularly like one another and thus will gleefully fight each other if given the opportunity.

We should engineer said opportunities as often as possible.
>>
>>4330639
>>4330586 wanted to try the jump too. I wanted to agree but I had to clarify some things. You did and I said let's go for it.
>>
>>4330641
I honestly on had the chance to play Destiny 1 up to level 10ish, and only have experience with those four armed aliens. I mean if we encounter things like those we loot the bodies.
>>
>>4330637
Same
Don’t know how much we will get since majority of it has been left to nature for a lot while now. Maybe once we get a ship we can fly over to some old army bases before heading to the tower.
>>4330639
How did you know? Also I voted north already.
>>4330641
Taken too. Hopefully we don’t face them any time soon.
>>
>>4330649
>>4330645

Got it, guess I misunderstood. I'll be honest I'm kind of out of it. This will probably be the last write up for tonight and then we will continue tomorrow.

Right so I'm seeing two votes north and one for go back down into the building. Gonna call it lets jump.

Roll me d100 anons.
>>
>>4330639
Oh man I thought it would be kind of cool if this was before there was a cemented tower/vanguard
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>4330647
Arc spears and wire rifles would be fine additions to our arsenal. As would Cabal Shotguns (potentially exotic tier if we nab one from a high ranking commander), Shields, and psion sniper rifles.

Sadly, vex, hive, and taken aren't exactly tech based (or all tech in the vex case). Vex guns don't work unless you're the vex attatched to them, hive "guns" are magic steeped in darkness and we're light based so yeah, they probably won't work for us either. Taken are that squared so doubly won't work for the same reason.

>>4330655
Let's see here...
>>
Rolled 21 (1d100)

>>4330655
big money shot to the face
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>4330655
Nat 1 here I come
>>
>>4330661
Hit me up with some sauce. I need a quick read to understand just what the hell is going on.

>>4330664
don't you mean cum?
>>
>>4330659

....Shit. Mistakes were made. Still, as much fun as a Dark Age quest would have been I'm still pretty pumped for this and there's a lot of fun things to play around with in the period we are in.

>>4330661
>>4330663
>>4330664

>87

Writing

>>4330671

I'll throw in more exposition for you anon. Figured everyone who gave this a gander would be destiny fans since my writing certainly isn't going to be bringing people in by itself, but I can certainly explain things in more depth. My apologies I probably shouldn't have been cutting corners.
>>
>>4330661
Oh, there are exceptions to that hive magic guns rule. The most significant of which are the "Weapons of Sorrow". Hive Magic and Sword Logic fused with Humanity's innate mastery of the concept of "War" and our tech.

Those work just fine for just about anyone with opposable thumbs. More than fine in fact, the hive were pleasantly surprised (and all Traveler-fearing guardians who whose name didn't rhyme with "Holland" horrified) with how well those concepts melded.

>>4330671
Tons of resources out there besides the lore entries in the game. Lore nerds on youtube, wikis, you name it it's out there. Only question is one's preferred method of information intake.
>>
>>4330674
I will also point out that any "fan" of a thing is more often than not more than happy to explain things to the "newbies".

Good thing the lore and the reality of our new Guardian match up. We have no memory of anything before our revival Cayde was/is a *very* rare exception and even then it was quite hazy for him especially as an Exo with a few reboots under his belt, and everyone, ghost included, knows this. Thus, if we ask for some exposition, provided we all got time and our lives aren't under threat, we'll get it with warmth and understanding.

Though... first chance we get, examine our body and the items carried upon it as well as what ghost saw in our general vicinity. Most guardians aren't so lucky but Ana, for example, died with her ID badge on her. That kinda narrowed down who exactly she was before being reborn as a Guardian.
>>
>>4330675
The wiki is my type of poison, but youtube works too. I'll try finding things to entertain myself with.
>>
>>4330570

You take a moment to contemplate your odds, thinking through the potential consequences of each option. One of the hive at the foot of the building screams out and after a moment there is an answering bellow from somewhere in the distance. That’s all the information you need to make your choice. North. You’ll go North, straight for the airport. True if you go east or south that may take you away from this group of Hive, but there’s no guarantee you wouldn’t be walking into another group. Press forward, make for the exfil site as quickly as possible, get out of here. It’s a risky jump, but you can make it.

You shuffle back to the far south edge of the building and crouch down in a sprinters stance coiling your muscles in preparation to run. You take a deep breath, and then lunge forward pumping your legs as hard as you can charging straight towards the edge of the building. The world narrows down to your objective, a large hole in the side of the building straight ahead. As you approach the edge of the building you start to feel the pressure again building up in your chest and pushing out through your limbs.

It moves through your thighs and down your calves and presses out against the skin of your shoulders and chest, and right as you leap from the edge of the building it shoves out of your feet propelling you into the air and bursts from your torso pulling you forward with it. A corona of purple energy surrounds you as you soar across the gap pulling you shoulder first through the air making a perfect arc into the other ruin. The Energy bleeds away and dissipates into the air as you land and roll to break momentum before coming up to your feet. You keep moving

“The next stairwell.” You tell your Ghost. “Lets keep moving”

She zooms ahead and leads you to the next stairwell. After ascending to the top of the new building you repeat your leap to move to the next. Going from roof to roof you make your way up the block away from the Hive that had been pursuing you. You hear them moving down below, but the rooftops are clear, at least at first. You still move carefully before and after each jump just to be safe of course, crouching low and peeking over the Parapet to make sure the way is clear before you make a target of yourself by going for the next leap. It’s amazing to you how easy it feels, how you don’t get tired despite the extended intense physical activity as you cross the city by leaping from roof to roof.

“We’re getting close” Your Ghost tells you “There, just past that block and across the bridge, do you see it?”
>>
File: Wizard.jpg (24 KB, 336x512)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>4330734

Looking over the edge of the building you can see the open spaces that had been the airfields and the remains of hangers and the airport itself in the distance. Looking at the path you see something moving around the bridge over the river You pull out your sniper rifle and look through the scope to get a better look.

A Trio of Hive dance through the air around the bridge. They’re much larger than any of the creatures you’ve seen thus far, dwarfing the smaller Thrall you see crawling on the ground around them. They’re covered in layers of flesh and chitin that look almost like robes made from the flayed bodies of the lesser hive, hell maybe that’s what it is, that catch the wind and flare out around them as they preform their acrobatics and twist in and out between the struts of the bridge.

“There’s a couple of big flying ones on the bridge” You murmer to your ghost.

“Hive Wizards” Your ghost tells you. “One of the ruling caste of the Hive, their priests and priestess’ adept in their twisted magics. Their dark sorceries can snuff out our Light, oh this isn’t good.”

You line up the cross hairs over one of the wizard's bulbous heads. You could probably shoot all three before they could get to you, but it would announce your presence, and it would probably bring the Hive to the bridge in force. You could try getting closer before killing them, it would leave less time for the Hive to react and reinforce the bridge, but if you got closer you could probably only get one of them, maybe two, before whatever wizards were left managed to retaliate. Something that flies like that could probably close ground very very quickly. Alternatively you could try to swim and avoid them. Course your weapons would get wet so they probably wouldn’t be any good once you got to the other side of the river until you’d been able to do some maintenance but you’d be across and you wouldn't have to risk fighting your way through the Hive at the bridge.

What do you do?

>Shoot the Wizards from a safe distance, knowing it will probably stir up the rest of the Hive in the City

>Get closer before shooting the wizards, knowing they would retaliate but you could probably get across the bridge before the rest of the Hive in the city could respond if you managed to get through them.

>Avoid the bridge and try to swim across the river, knowing that your weapons will be useless once you get to the other side but that you probably won’t have to deal with the Wizards.
>>
Oh and of course.

>Write in

To clarify

Shoot wizards from a safe distance, have to deal with a shit ton of thrall and acolytes, possibly a knight or two.

Get closer to shoot wizards, have to fight them as they set up a darkness zone with Hive magic, but avoid dealing with shit tons of smaller hive.

Swim the river, fuck your guns up, but you don't have to fight them or shit tons of thrall and Acolytes, course whatever is in the airport you'll have to fight without guns.

>>4330681

True. Just trying to strike a balance with the exposition that our Guardian will need, and not boring you all with a lot of shit you already know, for those of you who do know. Y'know what I mean?

Going to bed, see you all tomorrow.
>>
>>4330745
>Write in
What if we create a distraction? I don't know how much time has passed, but if we're lucky and manage to find an intact propane tank (unlikely) in a grocery store, we could set up a fire at the other end of the store, then open up all the gas tanks before booking it away. If we're lucky the explosion might draw away the wizards.

Alternatively, if that's too McGuffin tier then my vote will default to Shooting the wizards.
>>
>>4330745
I'm liking this quest so far.

Inclined to support >>4330753 for causing a distraction.
Three Hive Wizards while we're still using starting gear is not a fight I want to willingly risk.
So we look for stores or a gas station. Hell, if we're lucky we could find a map somewhat intact map. With that we could potentially find another way into the airport.
>>
>>4330737
Can we get a super going before we take on 3 wizards and a shitload of adds with only starting gear? That situation is kinda when you try popping one after all.
>>
>>4330753
Support
Hive Wizards are dangerous and I rather not be chased by some Knights right now
>>
>>4330737
Oh, a bit of nerding out about guns. Most modern firearms (by our standards anyway, this is the far future here) won't give too much of a shit short term if they merely get wet. Now, if that river is grimy, choking in algae and/or hive corruption, or other such nonsense then they probably will give a shit.

It's all about if muck, particulate, and other such things has a chance to wedge itself into the mechanisms of the thing. If yes, yeah, might not work after that. If no, no problems. Hell, they'll even fire underwater. You will have to manually cycle it if it wasn't specifically designed to do that after each shot but it'll still do it provided it's mechanisms didn't get fouled up.

Of course, once we really get some practice with our Paracausal powers we can probably safely ignore all that. For a being that makes its own fate, "magic-ing" our gun to clean itself automatically isn't a big deal provided nothing else paracausal is getting in the way of that.
>>
>>4330753
>>4330841
>>4331083

We can absolutely look for something that can go kaboom to try and make a distraction. Vote called. If anyone is around if I could get some d100 rolls that would be great.

>>4331006

Potentially, depending on how things go. Not necessarily a super as we know it since we don't have any instruction, but if our backs up against the wall there will probably be one hell of a void light pyrotechnics show.

>>4331101

You know the sad thing is I knew this, or at least I've seen the demonstrations for guns that can still fire just fine after being dunked so I knew it was a possibility, it just completely slipped my mind last night since while I've done research on guns for various writing projects they aren't otherwise an interest of mine. Thank you for the information anon, I will keep that in mind. In the future if there are any other firearm inaccuracies please let me know. I enjoy learning how I can improve and patching what would otherwise be holes.

With that in mind...River's filthy, absolutely horrid. Algal blooms, Hive shit, silty, all of it.
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>4331147
Have you covered QM
>>
Rolled 40 (1d100)

>>4331147
Here it comes...
>>
Rolled 91 (1d100)

>>4331147
>>
>>4331175
Clutch roll. Good one dude! Fate's compounding, next one's gonna be a 1 for sure.
>>
>>4331158
>>4331166
>>4331175

Writing.
>>
>>4330737

“We need to draw them away from the bridge” You mutter to your Ghost. “We need something to distract them with.”

“Well we could blow something up” She replies. “That’s very attention grabbing.”

“True” You reply “But we need something that will get those Wizards to move, not just pull away the smaller ones. I don’t think the Wizards will care too much if we just bomb some random building.”

“What if it wasn’t a random building?” You ghost asks. “I’ve been running scans as we’ve been moving through the city and I believe there may be a target of opportunity which would definitely get their attention.”

“Oh?” You ask, quirking your brow.

“Mmmhm” The ghost hums, sounding quite pleased with themselves. “They’re using the central hub of what used to be the cities subway system as a breeding ground. If we set off an explosion there that would definitely get the Wizards attention.”

“Yeah it would.” You say with an appreciative nod. “But we would need a pretty big boom, and I don’t think I can make much of an IED with just some loose ammunition.”

“No, but we could with a golden age hydrogen fuel cell and I know where one is. ” She sing songs proudly as she darts around you head. “We passed it on the way and I marked it for later possible retrieval. I can program it to experience containment failure after a delayed period of time, so all we’d have to do is get it into the subway and then get far far away.”

The little light bobs in front of you and it’s outer casing whirs. If she could you’re sure she would be smiling.

“Well then what are we waiting for?” You ask “lead the way.”

The fuel cell is in the ruins of a power relay station. You have to break away the machinery encasing it and then slowly disconnect the lines running to it as instructed by your ghost, but after several minutes of careful labor you are left holding a metallic sphere just small enough that you can tuck it under one arm, though it’s large enough to be somewhat awkward.

Returning once more to the roof tops you make your way to the remains of the subway station. You have to come down and move along the ground a few times, but fortunately are able to avoid detection by the Hive and successfully reach a building overlooking your target.

Unfortunately the entrances to the subway are crawling with hostiles, there’s no way you’ll be able to sneak inside you'd have to fight your way through. You sit there for a minute pondering how to deliver the bomb while staring at the Hive milling in front of the entrance.
>>
File: explosion.jpg (217 KB, 800x450)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>>4331489

“Throw it.” Says your ghost.

“What?” You ask her incredulously, turning away from the Hive to look at the small floating machine.

“The fuel cell, throw it at the subway entrance” She tells you. “It’s a nice large target and as long as you get it into the stairwell it will bounce it’s way down into the subway station and end up right where it needs to be.”

“And that won’t cause it to go off prematurely?” You ask eyeing the distance between you and the subway entrance and considering the throw.

“Nope, the containment is quite resilient, a few knocks won’t breach it.” She replies.

“Alright, set the timer and I’ll throw it.” You tell her hefting the fuel cell. Your ghost circles the orb, bathing it in beams of light before chirping and informing you it’s ready.

“8 minutes” She tells you. “I’ve set an 8 minute delay, should be enough time to get some distance.”

Nodding your understanding you rear back and throw the orb as hard as you can, once again assisted by the power you’re coming to recognize as your “light.” You watch it for a moment to make sure your aim was true, and as soon as you see it descend into the stairwell entry of the subway system you turn and run for your life as the Hive in the plaza start strafing the building you were occupying with glowing bolts of energy from their strange “guns”.

You’re about halfway to the bridge when a wave of concussive force knocks you off of your feet followed by a resounding boom that shakes the ground. As you pick yourself back up and the ringing in your ears subsides you can hear the shrieking of the Hive all around you and hear it coming and going as they move towards the remains of their breeding grounds.
>>
>>4331494

“I think it worked” Your ghost tells you happily.

“And I think I was expecting a smaller boom” You reply as you dust yourself off. “But yes, I think it worked.”

Indeed it did, it worked spectacularly. When you return to the bridge you find it devoid of Hive, flying or otherwise, and are easily able to cross it and reach the airport.

“I’m reading an intact aircraft in that hanger” Your ghost tells you leading you across the empty airfield. “It’s small, but it will be enough to get us out of here.”

You find the plane right where she told you it would, and after buzzing around it fixing it up with something she calls “glimmer” your ghost declares it ready to go and you climb inside. It is at this point you realize something.

“I have no idea how to fly this” You tell her as you stare at the mystifying array of switches and dials. “Not a clue.”

She giggles “That’s fine, I can interface with the flight computer and other electronic systems and pilot it for you. Now we just need to figure out where we are going. This plane won't be able to get us to the City, it can’t fly far enough before it runs out of fuel to make it across the ocean. We can either try for Cape Canaveral and see if we can find a Jump Ship there, or we could head to Old Chicago and try to meet up with the members of the Vanguard in the city. It’s a much quicker flight than it is a walk. Or we suppose we could try to find a better plane or some broadcasting equipment. Records indicate a number of Air Force bases we could investigate that might have a good signal tower or something with longer legs than this puddle jumper.”

What do you do?

>Make for Old Chicago and try to meet up with the Vanguard

>Make for Cape Canaveral in hopes you’ll find a jump ship there

>Start investigating abandoned Air Force Bases

>Write in
>>
Sorry bout the delay. Found a leak under my sink and getting that sorted out was a bitch.
>>
>>4331498
>Make for Cape Canaveral in hopes you’ll find a jump ship there
Way I see it, Air Force bases will either be crawling with Hive or they have been picked clean by the Fallen.

If we had more fuel I'd be tempted to scout those out for future salvage ops. Better not risk getting stranded in some god forsaken corner of the wilderness.

>>4331503
It's all cool. RL issues take prority.
>>
>>4331498

I am hoping we'll find some airport security armory, or anything off of dead survivors. Then we can leave to find some Vanguards.
>>
>>4331498
>Mini-nuked a Hive Breeding Ground

I like our ghost, she's my kind of gal. So we either head for old Chicago in the hopes some other guardians are running a strike/patrol/etc. or go for an air base in hopes of a better conveyance or a radio tower? Errr... we won't know this but ghost ought to. Would a radio transmission be intercepted by hostiles? Vex ain't on Earth but the fallen sure as hell are and they might have figured out how our radio waves work.

Hell, probably already have, those particular bugs are like the Adeptus Mechanicus *without* the abiding hatred for xenotech. Fun bunch.

Also, any more fuel sitting around? How much out of the tank would each option cost us? Again, ghost should know this and it wouldn't take long to ask.
>>
>>4331561

We must continue the glorious tradition of guardians blowing shit up with balls. Sadly there was no dunk, but lobbing it is almost as good.

Transmissions would likely be intercepted and potentially traced.

The issue isn't necessarily that there isn't fuel around you could potentially find, more that as a plane only intended for relatively short flights it's tank doesn't hold much fuel. You could try looking for some reserves, but that would mean more time on the airfield and the hive may come looking for you one they realize you didn't stick around for the after party of your explosion.

You'd have to make a straight shot for the Cape since it's the farthest away, but Chicago is close enough you could make a few detours and still have enough fuel to make it.
>>
>>4331498
We can find some weapons and aircraft
>>
>>4331589
Indeed. I have every confidence we'll have a chance to get our dunk on in the future.

Is Chicago on the way to the cape? Any Air Bases on the way there?
>>
>>4331618

Chicago is sadly not on the way to the Cape.

There are airbases on the way to the cape, but because takeoff is far more fuel intensive than cruising at altitude, if you were to stop to land and check some Air bases on the way to the cape you would need to find more fuel there in order to have enough to get to the cape.
>>
>>4331644
Perhaps we can look around for a cargo plane, load the addition fuel in there, and fly off.

>>4331644
Can we loot passenger bags for Golden Age smart phones, pda's, clothes, games, etc.?
>>
>>4331650

Sadly no larger surviving planes. You can loot if you wish, but we do only have so long before a whole lot of angry hive come looking for us and whatever is in the plane will still be in the plane when we get somewhere else. Hell you could loot it in the air while your ghost flies for you.
>>
>>4331673
Oh that's right. Just toss as many luggage as we can find into the flying craft and let our ghost fly. Yeah I'm cool with whichever flight designation we pick. Vanguard right? lets make some friends. Some insight into our powers and a veteran would be nice to have around.
>>
>>4331673
Go for an air base. Preferably a good distance away from here. We are officially on the hive's shit list, they gonna kill us slow if they catch us.
>>
>>4331686
This. I just want to loot things and get out of here f'a'm.
>>
>>4331686
Oh, and on the way to Chicago. If it's a bust we go for that city.

We also chuck anything resembling loot into the plane. Leaving loot behind's a sin!
>>
>>4331509
>>4331516
>>4331613
>>4331681
>>4331686

Air force bases it. Writing. Give me some rolls for looting. d100's please
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>4331710
C'mon first exotic!
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>4331710
>>
Rolled 91 (1d100)

>>4331710
>>
>>4331721
Looks like i came in a good time
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

>>4331721

pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
>>
File: 1586386498008.jpg (157 KB, 833x925)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>4331721
noice
>>
>>4331721
These consistent high rolls make me somewhat nervous.
Either the Dice Gods are setting us up or this quest is going to be a redux of One Piece Bounty Photographer Quest's rolls. And lemme tell you, they consistently crazy.
>>
>>4331743
Guessing that's for type of gun?
>>
>>4331751

yes.
>>
Is OP dead?
>>
>>4332273
Slow day for qst in general
>>
>>4332273
I suspect OP is done for the day, typing up the mother load of post dumps, or is taking a break.

>>4332279
Lots of discussions at least
>>
Just found this quest and caught up, looking good OP. Looks like anon's are already pushing for a Warlock, but any other Titan bros here?
>>
>>4332343
here
>>
>>4332343
Looks like im the lone hunter
>>
I just looked up what "contralto" singers sound like and I gotta say, that's a pretty unique type of voice our ghost has Not completely though as Sagira might be one potentially. It's alluring in a unique way and fits the tone/mood of Destiny as a whole I'd say.

You must be some sort of music enthusiast/major OP, I approve.
>>
This game was so forgettable. Should never have allowed them to rape the original story the creator wanted to make.
>>
>>4331743
I wonder what we got.
>>
>>4335156
Same
>>
>>4335156
>>4335247
It must be something amazing if he is taking this long to right
>>
hoping for a hand cannon
>>
Hoping for an update
>>
Rolled 40 (1d100)

>>4337543
rolling for update.
>>
Rolled 64 (1d100)

>>4337543
Rolling to murder QM
>>
Rolled 20 (1d100)

Rolling for QM to return alive
>>
Rolled 9 (1d100)

Rolling for Will we ever get to see what the 91 got us!
It'll be funny im mine was worser than all of them
>>
>>4337669
Forgot to delete the 2nd sentence, but Shit it's really not that funny ;~;
>>
Rolled 65 (1d100)

Let's see what the dice say...
>>
Rolled 31 (1d100)

Rolling for dick size
>>
>>4337754
fuck
>>
>>4337757
Is 31 cm a lot or a little?
>>
>>4337889
21 cm is around 8 inches. So we got a pretty good donger
>>
>>4337889
It's just over a foot.
>>
>>4331753
Rip
8 days... And still counting. ;~;
>>
>>4339522
>Rip ?
Forgot ( ? )
>>
>>4347356
Too bad. I kinda wanted to see what those rolls resulted in and the whole concept of paracausality could get quite juicy mechanics wise in the form of a TTRPG or a quest. I mean, for instance, it makes bringing a particular chipped and beat up sword to a gun fight where the gunners are wielding the very best and most polished and new guns a potentially extremely wise and logical decision!

Oh well, maybe someone else will go the distance on this front later.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.