[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qa/ - Question & Answer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: this looks hard.png (38 KB, 267x340)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
If I wanted a thread deleted from the /lit/ archive on warosu, how would I go about it? Is there an official admin to ask?
I have old texts of mine published there, from years ago, and those sadly count as "published" (meaning they are not permitted for literature contests). Is there anything I can do, other than hoping the archive goes up in flames tomorrow?
>>
>>3798183
All archives have a contact form or e-mail, but it's usually for DMCA takedowns, reporting illegal content and removal of personal information.
Give it a try with a convincing argument.
>>
>>3798296
I assumed so, but I don't find any contact e-mail for warosu.org. Best I can find is a bug-report-function, but that doesn't really help me.
>>
>>3798336
most domains have the admin address set as admin@example.com, if not usually all incoming email is forwarded to the real admin address
apparently warosu's address is haha@warosu.org
>>
>>3798366
Thanks man, that could help me out a lot. I'll give it a try.
>>
>>3798296
>>3798183
If you own it you can dmca it. Make it look official. Don't play nice. Scare them into listening
>>
>>3798399
Well, I can't really prove it, as I don't have it published anywhere else.
>>
>>3798183
Warosu's admin doesn't care about emails. Your best bet'll be to report it and hope he accidentally deletes it.
>>
>>3798592
I think on warosu you can only report images, and only if they contain CP.
>>
>>3798183
>THE /lit/ archive
I'm sure there's more than one. You'd have to ask for a takedown for every single one of them.
>>
>>3799564
Well if I search lines of the poems I posted on google, the only thing that immediately shows up is warosu.
>>
>>3800153
You could drown it out by posting similar lines on a few boards till it doesn't show up untill page 3 or something.
What really is the chance that somebody is going to deep-dive for every submitted story in an effort to disqualify somebody?
>>
>>3800191
I assume they will atleast google every poem once, these contests are pretty hell-bent on the whole "no published works" rule.

And if I posted similar lines, it will just result in my poems being even more visible. I would need to use the exact same phrasing to drown that stuff out, so I really doubt that would be any benefit.
>>
>>3800236
But unless it's the title or the first line how likely would it be to find?
Do they run some program to...
I just remembered there are a few sites that search for plagiarism.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=plagiarism+search

Try a few, maybe they don't scour the archives of mongolian basket weaving forums.
Good luck.
>>
>>3800243
I doubt they will be that sloppy when checking for online publishing, because yeah, there are plenty of tools like that. It's not like all poems are always instantly recognizable by their first line.
But I will give it a try. Thanks for the encouragement, anyway.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.