[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Lets just talk about wresting, without a topic.
>>
>>7350507
What do you guys think Andy Kaufman would've done in wrestling if he had lived? Guy died at 35 years old and got wrestling more mainstream attention and credibility than it had had in decades all on his own.

would've been interesting to see him work more in the 80s once Vince took over from his dad
>>
>>7350521
I imagine vince would try to use him as he did with most celebs.
Probably scattered appearances throughout the New gen. AA and PG era. Idk how old he was/ would be. But thats my guess.
>>
DDT's are based
>>
>>7350521
Breakfast Blassie is on youtube, watched it recently it's very based.
>>
>>7350909
Kaufman vs Andre would've been dimes. Kaufman leading a heel stable also would've worked.
>>
>>7350940
What do you think DDT stands for? I always liked "Damiens Dinner Time"
>>
>>7350953
watching it now, and it's definitely based
>>
Put all the women on one show
I don’t care about watching men wrestle
>>
>>7350507
I was a backyard wrestler. It was the most fun I've ever had with other men.
>>
>>7350507
The one thing that truly killed american wrestling's momentum and is still stifling its potential as a storytelling medium is the complete lack of artistic direction on the shows, which makes it all look so damn lame. It's not the height of the wrestlers, or the flippy shit, that's just extra stuff. Wrestling always followed the zeitgeist in its presentation, whether it's having nick bockwinkel rap or limp bizkit on stage, but with the arrival of the internet age in the 2010s and the extreme diversification of people's tastes and interests, wrestling seemed to lose its compass completely. It's been almost 15 years of flavorless, generic presentations. From the colors on the shows, to the lighting, to the music, to the commercial packages...etc. It all makes the audience ask one question: What's the point of watching this?
Fewer things than ever have been grabbing the most prized and limited resource out there in the wrestling world: the general populace's attention. It's absolutely ridiculous that the biggest shows today have those horribly empty intro packages.
So why does this matter so much? Because it directly affects the entire show. A little difference in lighting can flip the atmosphere and push the storylines down a more exciting road. But alas, we're still dealing with the most inconsequential era of professional wrestling that has ever been witnessed. I mean look at TNA in 2007 and how much they stepped their game up when they hired David Sahadi, the main creative force behind the video packages that were used in the attitude era. You can't afford to underestimate this aspect of show business anymore.
The only ones that were doing this right recently were Lucha Underground, Broken Matt, and Darby's short films.
>>
Whats wrestling?
>>
>>7350507
Kevin Nash was raped by roughly five black men in the summer of 1992.
>>
Big e wasn't bad
>>
File: 1406450949.jpg (196 KB, 1400x1400)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
I've been really enjoying WWE, AEW, and Stardom lately. Most fun I've had watching multiple companies in years.
I also a good sounding power bomb, I think brainbusters are fucking awesome. My favorite recent match was Despy vs. Jun
>>
>>7354597
very based desperado vs jun kasai fan
>>
>>7350507
I no longer care for MEWVZ & FLIPZ anymore. I would rather watch two fat rednecks with golden mullets punch each other in the face for 15 minutes while bleeding gallons of blood from their foreheads and selling their asses off.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.