[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 55.png (188 KB, 482x367)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
>AEW: Blood and Guts on live TV
>4 weeks of build
>NXT nowhere in sight, no counterprogramming
>The Challenge ending next week
This is going to do a gigantic rating
>>
>>711155
Digits confirm
Marathon not a sprint
>>
>>711155
This is it bros, if we dont get 1M+ it'll be a massive embarassment. We'll never live it down
>>
>>711155
I think this is one of the reasons why AEW PPVs are underwhelming. From looking at their weekly T.V. shows AEW consistently airs PPV caliber matches on free T.V. For example just last week the Arcade Anarchy match could have been a PPV match and same goes for the Unsanctioned women’s match. By giving such great matches for free viewers feel ripped off when they get a match that is good but not great on PPV.
>>
>>711155
What do you personally gain from a billionaire getting more money? Smarks are retarded
>>
>>711202
>From looking at their weekly T.V. shows AEW consistently airs PPV caliber matches on free T.V.
Lol no they really don't
>>
File: 1616026694544.jpg (1.54 MB, 2500x1667)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB JPG
>>711197
Easy milly. AEW did 1.016 million the last time they weren't opposed by NXT and the show wasn't built up at all. This means that the average baseline for AEW going forward will be 1.016 million, with the number being much higher for built-up "special" shows
>>
>>711155
Here is the problem with NEET redditfag aew dorks
>No "it's going to be a great card"
>No "I can't wait to see wrestler x vs wrestler y"
Just
>"Omg the ratings can you guys imagine?"
Fucking fags
>>
>>711155
>blood and guts match
Is it gonna be like their exploding ring match?
>>
>>711207
better wrestling
>>
File: makipog.png (247 KB, 330x477)
247 KB
247 KB PNG
>>711240
BASED
>>
>>711218
Well that's my point. By being so confident that we'll have 1M+ from here on out and if we're then proven wrong it'll be a massive embarassment and we'll never live it down bro
>>
>>711240
Delusional
Lose weight
>>
>>711232
Basically war games.

They have enough factions for like 4 matches, so I’m guessing it’ll be the whole show.
>>
TNT doesn't want gimmick matches on PPV anymore after the Omega Mox botch, AEW went back to the 1980s WWE format of only having 4 PPV's, but each of them feeling as huge as a wrestlemania event due to how much time was between them
>>
>>711247
Who cares? All that matters is TNT being happy and giving AEW $200 million dollars for their next TV deal. That's the importance of ratings in this context. If AEW does 999k from now on instead of 1.0 million, it's not going to change anything or prevent them from making stacks on their next TV deal.
>>
>>711214
Not enough lying on the ground for ya?
>>
>>711266
>but each of them feeling as huge as a wrestlemania event due to how much time was between them
Why are you faggots this fucking delusional?
>>
>>711266
>TNT doesn't want gimmick matches on PPV anymore after the Omega Mox botch, AEW went back to the 1980s WWE format of only having 4 PPV's, but each of them feeling as huge as a wrestlemania event due to how much time was between them
>>
>>711272
They did plenty of that went the sparklers went off actually
>>
>>711267
GOOD GOYEM MY FAVORITE BILLIONAIRES SON IS GOING TO MAKE MORE MONEY GOY YES KEEP WATCHING YES
>>711281
WOAH THIS TOTALLY ISN'T THE REDDIT PROMOTION
>>
>>711281
Not PPV
>>
>>711291
look at this faggot drone seething because WWE can no longer stop AEW from being successful
>>
>>711291
HOLY SEETHE
>>
Fucking faggots care more about the ratings rather than the quality of the matches
>>
>>711364
I love AEW's matches and I want AEW to get their much deserved better ratings now that NXT's gone.
>>
>>711266
>but each of them feeling as huge as a wrestlemania event due to how much time was between them
aewtists truly believe this kek
>>
>>711267
By that logic Raw, SD, and NXT's numbers arent embarassing
>>
>>711371
Shut up transvestite lmao
>>
File: 1612541082888.gif (1.13 MB, 864x878)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB GIF
>>711401
>Shut up transvestite lmao
You said AEW would go out of business. You said NXT would kill AEW. You lost. All you do is lose. The only thing you haven't lost is your virginity.
>>
>>711371
You're a faggot
>>
>>711394
By modern TV standards, WWE's ratings aren't embarrassing. Even if RAW sunk to 1.4 million viewers every week, they'd still make hundreds of millions of dollars on TV deals because of how badly TV has died in the last few years. Ratings also being determined by Nielsen boxes is antiquated as fuck and we need a more accurate way to measure them.
>>
>>711401
>>711428
nah u are lmao
>>
>>711420
burned
>>
>>711314
>Say facts
>HURRRR DURRF SEETHING
Moron. You're the delusional drone if you think AEW is good
>>
>>711155
Screenshotted for when the 800K happens.

The only reason anyone watched AEW is because they hate wwe and wanted to beat NXT in ratings. Now that that appeal is gone, AEW will do 500K-600K weekly.
>>
File: 1615199981777.png (314 KB, 730x404)
314 KB
314 KB PNG
>>711445
God you faggots are sad.
>>
>>711420
Haven't lost my penis. Can't say the same for you, xir.
>>
>>711455
>My opinions are facts
lol based retard
>>
>>711471
Aew fans being redditfags isn't an opinion, dipshit. You hoping for better ratings so your cult leader Tony Kahn makes more money isn't an opinion. Stupid fuck. The only retard here is you. Acquire reading comprehension skills, moron.
>>
>>711266
>TNT doesn't want gimmick matches on PPV anymore
TNT doesn't have anything to do with the pay-per-views
>>
>>711197
Agreed
>>
>>711155
Oh man, theyre gonna do a hardcore match? Thats VERY different than a death match! Boy, Im sure looking forward to this very different and unique match!! Way different than a parking lot street fight! Or an anything goes stadium stampede!!!!! I sure hope they bust out the thumbtacks! THUMBTACKS!!!!!!!
>>
>>711202
Very well said my friend
>>
Another unlistenable podcast.
>>
This kills the AEtranny
>>
>>711202
If you think Arcade Anarchy was a great match by any standard, you are fucked in the head. They were literally throwing each other through cardboard. Its like the shit WWE used to have during the holidays like when Cesaro got a pumpkin on his head. If thats what you would pay 50 dollars to see, you need guidance with your life because you are in a dark place right now.
>>
>>711420
>that fucking projection
Anyone who simps for AEW as hard as you can't possibly be getting laid
>>
>>711155
KINO is back on the menu
>>
>>711155
I thought putting a ppv on live tv was pathetic???
>>
>hotshotting the ending to a program that's been going since October
>can't even wait one more month for the PPV

SLOPPY
H
O
P
>>
>>711202
AEW's main revenue stream is their TV deal. You have to do big stuff on TV because TNT is paying you big money to do good numbers. That's the reality of the wrestling business nowadays. The balancing act is still making your PPVs feel like they're worth paying 50 bucks for, which I think they mostly did well with Revolution until THE DUD happened.
>>
>>711394
Raw's numbers are low relative to what they used to be, but fine and USA has literally nothing else. They still lead the night most weeks.
SD's numbers are very good. Probably lower than what FOX wanted, but still always doing good enough where they need to.
NXT's numbers are kind of embarrassing but moving to Tuesday will fix that.

The real reality here, underneath all of the console war posting is that all of these wrestling shows do pretty good and they do exactly what their networks want them to do and those networks are more than happy to cut big checks for them.

>>711267
They're gonna get way more than 200 mil overall. They could get 100 mil plus a year, particularly if they've made more shows to sell between now and 2024.
>>
2 million incoming lads
>>
>>711202
>could have been a PPV match
they have 4 ppvs a year retard. the next one is 50 days from now.
>>
I never cared about the arbitrary numbers. All I care is that AEW, impact, NXT, Smackdown and Strong do well enough to stay in the air
>>
>>715011
Does Strong count as being on the air in the first place?
>>
>>714992
>>711202
TV pays the bills more than PPV does.
>>
>>711202
very interesting indeed
>>
>>714870
not when it’s aew
>>
>>711266
Do you think TNT has any say in the product aside from what airs on their channel? Because they fucking don't, you hump-backed bitch.
>>
>>715745
TNT definitely has influence. They don't book, but they can push Tony against doing surprise signings unannounced, when they actively want to promote it
>>
Lotta piss babies ITT
>>
>>711394
its different for each show. Raw and NXT are performing lower than expectations. Smackdown is doing fine, but not pulling the demos FOX was expecting. AEW was a brand new company with no history and TNT was gonna be happy with at least 450k or whatever the number was. So basically Raw and NXT are overvalued while AEW is undervalued.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.