[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

The true greatest WWE game of all time.
>>
>>5655865
fuck off boomer
>>
>>5655865
Agreed. No idea why HCTP always tops the list. HCTP has a slightly better roster and an elimination chamber but SYM is better in every other way
>>
>>5655875
SYM had the better season mode
>>
>>5655865
I like that one too. Has the smoothest gameplay
>>
>>5655865
WWE 2K22 is the best.
>>
>>5655875
Yeah, looking back HCTP was like a slightly updated version. While SYM was huge leap in improvement compared to the first three games in the series.
>>
>>5655875
SYM has the better roster.
>>
It also had the best cover.
>>
>>5655966
The PAL version
>>
True.
Loved walking to get the train and fight in the streets. Simple man, simple tastes.
>>
File: 517FZ46KZXL.jpg (37 KB, 353x500)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>5655966
Wrong.
>>
File: aefehrt5lky41.png (21 KB, 788x699)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>5655865
Based. I'm so sick of people saying HCTP is better. It regressed the game in lots of ways.
>no commentary or entrance name calls
> camera was pulled back
>reversals were changed for the worse
>season mode flat out sucks, unlike the original you can go weeks without even being on the card and there's no free roam
>backstage area is smaller and shitter in comparison to sym
>roster is up to your own tastes but I'll take hogan and jeff hardy over goldberg

There are some things hctp does have over sym though like elimination chamber and some like the gameplay additions that are similar to day of reckoning but overall sym is better. I like syms bgms better too.
The beautiful people > hctps shit
>>
>>5655965
Retarded opinion. HCTP has the exact same wrestlers as SYM but with even an even larger player roster.
>>
WWE 2K22 is objectively the best game they've ever made and you need to have sex ASAP if you disagree.
>>
>>5656471
You didn't play these games
>>
>>5656471
HCTP doesn't have Hogan, Jeff Hardy, DDP, Regal, etc.
>>
>>5656491
I just checked. Could have sworn hctp had both modern Hogan and golden era hogan.
>>
>>5656464
the fact that HCTP had no commentary, announcer, voice acting, etc. always made the game feel soulless to me
I still enjoy it but SYM and even the first SVR shit on it in that department
>>
>>5656577
SYM also has the kino backstage shit
>>
>>5655965
HCTP has the larger roster. Also you can easily get Hogan and Hardy, as their hidden within the game.
>>
>>5656616
No you can't get them don't regurgitate old internet board rumors thats easy to prove false lol you can however easily make them because all their animations are in the game but caws don't look as good as actual in game characters in these games.
>>5656577
That's honestly the thing that really makes hctp dull for me. Its very quiet in comparison. Its fine if you dont care about that shit or you're playing multiplayer with friends but playing it single-player it really is dull.
Its the same reason why that nicktoon smash clone is so soulless, the sound department is lacking completely.
>>
>>5656692
>caws don't look as good as actual in game characters in these games.
git gud scrub
>>
>>5656705
Post your hogan caw that looks as good as his goat shut your mouth model
>>
>>5656464
Gameplay in HCTP regressed big time. Shut Your Mouth was the last one that was more of an arcade beat em up and after that they started to make gameplay additions for the sake of realism as opposed to fun.
>>
>>5656752
Honestly the only thing I'd like if shut your mouth could do is have longer matches somehow. The game is piss easy even on the hardest difficulty setting and matches tend to end in 5 minutes tops. This is still a problem even with 2k22 though. Its something wrestling games seem to never be able to do. I want the option to have long epic matches. Wwe 2k14 on ps3 had this option but that game had shitty slow gameplay looking back on it now.
>>
>>5656809
The AKI games with their fluctuating momentum meters made everything from single minute squash matches to 15 minute back and forths possible depending on how evenly matched the players were. When you have a regular health bar that only goes down, which is what pretty much every other wrestling game does, then matches are always going to be the same length every time.
>>
>>5656894
Yeah, its too bad the aki games also have ai thats pretty easy to beat in 5 minutes. The matches that do go on long with them usually suck too because you have to use a lot of light grapples just to get any offense in.
>>
File: hes dead.jpg (117 KB, 420x420)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>5655865
What will the commercial for the AEW game be like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6dImh_TX9A
>>
>>5656918
games where you can set the time limit actually help decide how long a match can be. if you want a squash match, book a 5 min match, if you want a main event match you book a thirty or sixty min match. then your finisher meter goes up quicker or slower, damage happens quicker or slower etc
>>
Know Your Role was the best dumbasses
>>
>>5656960
Know your Role was kino but the ps2 games are clear upgrades. There's nothing 2 does better than them unless the roster is what makes you like it better.
>>
>>5656959
Really? Which games actually implement this? I do put time limits in my matches just because i like the clock on the screen but I've never noticed a difference in match length.
>>
>>5657003
WWF Attitude has the health bars go down slower the higher you set the time
>>
>>5657019
That game sucks ass though
>>
>>5657117
You didn't ask for good games that implemented it
>>
File: 1638326099100.jpg (76 KB, 1014x746)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>5656944
I wanna go back bros....
>>
>>5656464
If your superstar points were low enough in HCTP you would only get used like every 6 months and only as a lumberjack in lumberjack matches
>>
>>5657122
True..
>>5657256
Yeah and that was ass. SYM always had you in a feud.
>>
The game with the most soul, even if flawed.
>>
>>5655865
is it really better than HCTP? Because I just downloaded it...
>>
File: 1641889852127.jpg (122 KB, 800x800)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>5655873
>>5655886
>>5656471
>>5656960
>>5658308
>>
File: WWE_2K19_cover_art.jpg (110 KB, 266x333)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>5655865
>arcadefaggotry ever being better than simkino
LMFAO
Go make wrestlers in Soul Calibur arcadetranny and bow down to the true king
>>
>>5656464
>season mode flat out sucks, unlike the original you can go weeks without even being on the card and there's no free roam
I loved that, had a sitty tag team match with Maven scheduled but ended up in a Hardcore match with the undertaker on my first night. Obviously lost after getting one (1) big boot.
>>
>>5658308
It was also the best selling WWE game for like 10 years. Beating all the THQ stuff.
>>
>>5657003
>>5657019
I want to say day of reckoning 2 had it. after no mercy, its the best wwe game
>>
HCTP doesn't have commentary? So SYM had Taz and Cole? Weird I guess I just combined both games in my head since I haven't played either one in so long.
>>
>>5655873
>the date of release determines the quality of gameplay
You're a grafix fag.
>>
>>5658661
Just bring it had taz and cole. Shut your mouth had jr and king
>>
>>5655865
Based asf OP, this and HCTP are the best period.
>>5655873
Fuck you you zoomy zoom bitch boy, enjoy your 2gay slow buggy awkwardly controlled trash
>>
>>5658525
mmmmm now that's badass
>>
>>5658308
The commentary of this game hasn't been topped yet.
>>
>>5656464
man I fucking miss the hell outta playing season mode and just picking some rando like Tajiri and going for the tag titles or european title and being told to eat shit you're a jobber and some random BS happens and then you get in the Rumble, fucking lose like a geek and then you get into some other different storyline or fight with Big Boss Man or D-Von Dudley, just the random rng bullshit that happens is so much better than the garbage you see nowadays
>>
>>5658308
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bGErn95VGQ
>>
>>5656389
you got that right, no mercy gameplay was the best but its so old and ugly, not much CAW sluts. HCTP is a worthy contender, shit tone of wrestlers and move, infinte story mode also
>>
>>5660522
No mercys issue for me is how slow it plays, especially on a real n64. The framerate is shit compared to wrestlemania 2000 and wcw revenge
>>
>trannyideo games
Go back all of you
>>
>>5655965
HCTP had the chamber tho. My buddies and I would get home from high school every day and just play endless Chamber matches with random wrestlers. Kino good times.
>>
>>5658308
These games were so bad. The fighting game style button combinations to perform moves was terrible and it just led to friends I played with either picking the same guy every time or pausing every 2 minutes to pull up the move list.
>>
>>5658308
>War Zonetty
WCW vs The World mogged it on the playstation
>>
>>5658308
No. It was fucking terrible, even back then.
>>
>>5656464
People thought the grappling system in 2k22 was bad? In Here Comes The Pain you have to watch a 10 second animation of Kane no-selling punches before every single slam and suplex he does.
>>
>>5661332
>no tag matches

So close to being the GOAT
>>
>>5661432
No, you don't. You can easily change the movesets.
>>
>>5661432
those animations are SOUL
>>
>>5655875
>>5655865
>>5655879
>SYM is better in every other way
Fuck. This board is retarded
>>
>>5656464
>>no commentary or entrance name calls
Why the fuck would you want to hear Cole say the same 5 things over and over again?
The fuck are you talking about? Season mode never ended in HCTP and you could control everyone's destines in the game. Who gives a fuck about walking around back stage? That was stupid as hell
>>
>>5661432
You can change his moves retard
>>
Which was the one that Final Vidya was on?
>>
>>5659042
that game attitude and the ecw games in this engine all had somewhat entertaining commentary. I still play that shitshow that is the last ecw game they made just cuz the season mode is a shit show of fun and the commentary and all its shit just makes it a fun cluserfuck. I have a friend that stops in every now and again and we have a multi-player seasson mode in ecw going we play. we just punch and kick and bodyslam our way up the ranks. so stupid its looped around to fun
>>
>>5661332
Very true. It was definitely the best PS1 wrestling game prior to Smackdown
>>
>>5660500
based
>>
>>5661442
>>5661743
>Just go in and manually edit 70 different movesets so the game can go from extremely slow to only moderately slow
Fuck off
>>
>>5661927
>>5661938
>>5661951
>>
>>5655865
I played Just Bring It way more but this was great too
>>
>>5661956
Care to extrapolate?
>>
will we ever have a wrestling game with a deep enough gameplay that can be eligible for competitive play? if done correctly it could legitimately mog all the tekken/sf type of stuff.
>>
What's the best game to make a bunch of rasslers based on friends and have the AI duke it out in a Royal Rumble?
>>
>>5661951
Just edit Kane's grapple setup you fucktard.
>>
>>5661976
latest 2k is always the best i suppose but honestly any game with a caw system and royal rumble should be good enough if you dont care about being super accurate with likeness, otherwise you can literally import their face and any texture you want of them into a 2k game.
>>
>>5661982
And then Undertaker's grapple setup and Goldberg's setup and everybody else's grapple setup and replace everybody's grapples too so none of them have those shitty 30 second long chin lock animations they gave to everybody. I was merely giving one of one million examples of the game's lethargic pacing and it's the same shit no matter how much you fuck with the moves list. Here Comes The Pain's matches at any difficulty or level over braindead is the same two slow ass lockup animations and grapple reversal animations for 20 minutes until somebody's torso is in the red.
>>
>>5655865
based game

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.