[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: CsPWG7bcc9A-00-05-30.png (360 KB, 1280x720)
360 KB
360 KB PNG
>Dave has become the 60 year old man going to the kpop concerts, trying to fit in. He thinks we don't fit in, cause we're not trying to dress like a couple of 20 year olds and going to the kpop concert, but we're actually living in reality.
based and truthpilled
https://youtu.be/CsPWG7bcc9A?t=2297
>>
>>1945409
Dave might be cringe with his support, but Cornette and Last refuse to credit AEW for breaking through every goalpost they try to put up. More fans spent money on AEW than they did TNA and it's beaten every record TNA put up. It's not for me, so I don't watch. Cornette still watches despite the fact he hates it because he knows it drives views from his cultbase. NWA and ROH provide the boring shit he likes and nobody cares about them for a reason.
>>
>>1945475
Cornette's thing has never been that AEW can't succeed doing what AEW does, it's that AEW had a chance to revitalize wrestling and it has no chance of doing that because it's not wrestling. He acknowledges constantly that AEW has a super dedicated fanbase.
>>
>>1945475
>More fans spent money on AEW than they did TNA
TNA out of nowhere
>>
>>1945570
It's been dead for far longer than he wants to admit. Fucking Vince told people it was fake in the 80's. Nobody is revitalizing wrestling. That's the problem-- Dave might be that weirdo trying to fit in, but Cornette is that guy that wants everything to be like it was. Both of their ways on going for shit are retarded.

You know what former personality I actually like? Missy Hyatt. She likes what she likes, realizes her time is done, but puts what she likes over. She doesn't think everything is going to be how it was, but she's ok with that.
>>
>>1945624
That's like the closest comparison to them. I'm not dumb enough to think they're in WWE's league, but when TNA was the #2 it didn't make as much as AEW has in that time.
>>
>>1945409
based cuck
>>
The marks in this thread are so embarassing
>I-if only Vince hadn't told everyone wrestling was fake
People knew it was fake in the 1920s
>T-they need to go back to an older style to have main stream appeal! It doesn't look like a real fight now!
People have also been saying this since at least the 1920s
>>
>>1945750
The insane amount of cope is insane. Well it’s fake might as well just do video game flips and no sell everything then right?

What if you watch the newest marvel movie and in the middle of the movie they just pull out all CGI and do a actors interview. Wouldn’t that pull you out of the moment of what the fuck is going on?

WHY TRY!?!? EVERYONE KNOWS IT FAKE!! Faggot
>>
>>1945791
Sorry boomer. Wrestling has never looked like a fight. If you thought it did, you were a mark and an idiot. The shit they used to do is no longer over. Wrestling has to continue to innovate and adapt. Every generation has had worthless people like yourself, sulking that it "looks fake now and should go back to how it was 20 years ago."
>>
>>1945996
>>the shit they used to do is no longer over

So your solution is smaller audiences ? Less coherent storytelling and zero psychology ? Skinny faggots and women who no one will believe will kick your ass in real life . Got it, just want to make sure you’re on the short bus.
>>
File: 1601801906329.png (175 KB, 400x400)
175 KB
175 KB PNG
>>1945409
I've been saying that about Dave Meltzer for years. That he's the delusional boomer trying to fit in with millennials and zoomers, so he'll pretend and defend to the death whatever faggy shit he thinks reddit and twitter likes. It's cringe af.
>>
>>1945996
innovated and adapted to driving fans out of the buildings you retarded tranny faggot
>>
>>1945570
>it's that AEW had a chance to revitalize wrestling
That's what people said of Lucha Underground, and that failed massively
>>
>>1946309
>>1946335
Not him but this is cope. Every tv show the arenas look close to or at full capacity and television ratings aren’t as high because of all the streaming services and shit. Is it as big as it was? Fuck no. But to act like the style they’re doing doesn’t work is stupid. The problem with wrestling is the characters and storylines, not the actual wrestling.
>>
>>1946371
nah it's the whole thing, if any normal person saw you cheering dean moxley throwing his faggot knees that don't even hit the guy they'd rightly think you're a faggot
or if you yummy kino'd dudes doing hadoukens and shit you're a nigger
that's why your ppvs get 200k buys if you're lucky
a niche sport watched exclusively by trailer trash (bareknuckle boxing) does those same numbers

wrestling is absolute gutter tier trash and people see that fans as mouthbreathing retards because they are exactly that
>>
The Young Bucks are the 2020s equivalent of The Rock N Roll Express. Dave likes the same shit today as he did 40 years ago, Corny is just too stupid to realize that
>>
>>1946409
this is a bullshit comparison because ricky morton could actually sell, the bucks loosely based their attire on what RNR wore but do way more movez that never beat anybody and actively require a half-awake zombie referee like rick knox because most refs would've been trained to shoot count them out for half the spots they do because of how long it takes to set them up alone
>>
File: 1625348764293.gif (120 KB, 512x512)
120 KB
120 KB GIF
>>1945409
Cornette seriously needs to fucking kill himself. He has no reason to live and he would probably be happier being buried six feet in cow shit next to some nobody wrestler 100 years ago and next to Martin Luther King Jr's corpse. Seriously, fuck this boomer and fuck his out of touch boomer show.
>>
>>1945409
Why is Cornette so fucking obsessed with big Dave
>>
>>1946409
Ricky Morton is one of the best workers of all time. The Young Bucks are terrible with no psychology.
>>
Dave May be cringe but corny is even more cringe than him
>>
yejibros we think cornette is a fucking retard but we still listen to his shit sometimes
>>
>>1947092
listen to the clip
it's all about how Jim has told Dave to just fuck off already and he keeps emailing him like they're still friends while also shittalking him publicly.
>>
>>1945409
>Constantly talks shit about him on Twitter, his newsletter and his radio show
>continues to email him like they're still friends for months even after being told to fuck off multiple times
Cornette is the only friend Meltzer ever had, isn't he? That would explain him being such an antisocial freak.
>>
>>1947340
This has to be the explanation. Alvarez sounds like he can barely put up with Dave most of the time, while Cornette and his autistic knowledge of wrestling would probably have liked chatting with Meltzer
>>
Flippy, acrobatic, high-risk shit is the only way you're going to draw with modern day wrestling. The knuckle dragging, trading punches and holds was novel at the time because people thought it was real. No one gives two flying fucks about it now that everyone knows it's staged.
>>
>>1945475
TNA living rent free in your head pal
>>
>>1947340
it'd be sad if it wasn't so funny
>>
>>1945409
"bigot cuck, which is jim cornette. everybody knows that"
>>
>Meltzer still listens to Cornette's show and sends him info about the classic wrestling stuff he's talking about even though Cornette just tells him to fuck off and doesn't reciprocate

That's really sad but also kind of sweet
>>
>>1947115
Dave emailed him once in 2021; why does Jim have to resort to lying to try and make his point?
>>
>>1947498
>it didn't happen in 2021 so it doesn't count
Also I think the one about political stuff would've been this year
>>
>>1945409
Just finished listening to the whole thing, good stuff.
>>
>>1947488
No it's not, listen to what he wrote about him on his newsletter. He's a two-faced bastard.
>>
>>1945475
>beaten every record TNA put up
except you know, the actual TV ratings
>>
>>1947488
It's not sweet because he insults Cornette for being out of touch all the time and just wants to act like it's all good between them as if they're working a work.
>>
>>1945409
Not listening to this for an hour but Cornette is the one that ended their friendship and now is making hour long seethe videos about it on YouTube for 100k views so he’s in the wrong. Normal mentally healthy people are capable of having friends who they don’t agree with about their hobbies or politics. People that simp for Cornette over shot like this are legitimately just enabling his self destructive and negative behavior.
>>
You can’t have this debate because of all the retarded console warriors. This thread proves that out. Just a bunch of brand loyalty schizos
>>
>>1947856
>just accept your friends talking shit about you constantly
>>
>ends friendship because Dave loves Kenny and Young Keks
Literal autismo
>>
Son, I'm 40 and go to k-con whenever they come to NYC. Why don't yall like good lookin boys and girls singing and dancing?
>>
>>1947888
Yes. Dave vs jim is two burgers slap fighting.
>>
>>1947866
What! You dont want to be abusive relationship or in cult?
>>
>>1947831
It's funny as hell. It's like autistic kid in school thinking his bully who beats him every day is his best friend.
>>
Dave publicly burying Cornette on WOR and in WON and then privately trying to email him like nothing has happened is just weird. I think he might be shoot losing his mind.
>>
I like how Meltzer will repeatedly say how out of touch and irrelevant Cornette is, but then obviously still listens to his podcasts twice a week.
>>
>>1947092
The opposite appears to be true. Cornette has been ignoring him and Dave still keeps trying to talk to him.
>>
>>1947967
Either he thinks they are working or his autism has gotten worse. Maybe he just value cornettes opinion so much. Like little brother looking up big brother. Issue is this is 60 year old man. Not some teenage kid.
>>
>>1947052
>He has no reason to live
He's rich as fuck and sits on his ass all day. He's living the dream, you mark
>>
>>1947975
If someone is truly irrelevant you dont spend time covering them. I'm amazed people still dont get it. AEW and dave went conspiracy of silence about cornette. He might be irrelevant.
>>
>>1945642
AEW also doesn't do half the viewers TNA did at it's peak. Kind of a useless comparison at this point, neither one are making a profit.
>>
>>1947986
You dont get JR vibes from him at all. Jim probably thinks silver lining in pandemiic is that he dont need to meet people face to face.
>>
>>1947997
But that's becouse AEW idiocy. I still dont understand what's going on their wrestling game. I hope they prove me wrong and make shitload of cash from it.
>>
File: 1537352365762.jpg (114 KB, 414x415)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
Why cant one just like his young bucks and omegas and the other his rock and roll express and ric flairs, jesus fucking christ
Stop being fucking kids
>>
>>1947340
I think you are partly right. When ever you hear someone like lance interact whit dave. He is just cordial, unlike whit bryan who he joust whit. But I also think dave and Mike Tenay were friends. But judging by total radio silence about him. That might be through too.
>>1947371
Is that why bryan got cast of characters to babysit dave? It's amazing how he can take it. Why dose they need to record podcast late at night? So many times in day. Now imagine doing that whit guy who you start to get tired of
>>
>>1948034
Becouse autism. It dosent matter who is wrong or right in this fight. They both will still be autistic.
>>
File: 1625513096942.jpg (58 KB, 750x733)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>1945409
>Dave sends Cornette one email, weeks ago, just sharing info about a wrestler he mentioned in a podcast
>Weeks later, Cornette goes into a mad rage and spend an hour ranting about Dave.

Lol, fuck. Cornette is supposed to be a grown man and he's having a tantrum over an email about some wrestler.
>>
>>1948126
Did you stop watching after 5 mins? He wasn't mad over the email, he was pointing out that he still tries to be his friend and then he talks shit about him in the Observer, the email was just pointing out how disingenuous he is and how he is just using Cornette to sell his shitty magazine
>>
File: 1379718453648.jpg (45 KB, 480x600)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>1948166
>he was pointing out that he still tries to be his friend
Because he sent him an email weeks ago? Fuck, man. That's pathetic. That's shit you grow out of in high school. The fact that it IS longer than 5 minutes is sad.
>>
>>1945570
>Cornette's thing has never been that AEW can't succeed doing what AEW does
Bullllllshit. Why did he predict they would be out of business by last April?
>>
>>1947340
>Cornette is the only friend Meltzer ever had, isn't he? That would explain him being such an antisocial freak.
Lmao is this for real? Dave has friends outside the business unlike Cucknette.
>>
>>1945409
>dave calls out cornette saying all he has is name calling
>cornette responds by namecalling
>cornette further responds by making a video namecalling
he's truly lost, it's why dimwits look so embarrassing because they blindly soak up his opinion
>>
>eternally friendless Meltzer simps confused why someone would be mad over a lifelong friend betraying you
Pottery
>>
>>1948248
>Tell person to fuck off and never talk to you again.
>emails you like nothing happened
I would be baffeled if that happened to me.
>>
>>1947866
Cucknette has been saying uncle Dave must have dementia for liking aew for months. I can agree Dave might be a two face, but Cucky fired first.
>>
>>1948393
I remember cornette for longest time defending dave. Even when he shat on his taste.
>>
>>1946431
>>1947097
>t never seen a young bucks match
>everyone says they can sell and have in ring psychology
>even cornette said during bucks vs omega/page there was in ring psychology but then cuck'd it back that "uh the young bucks didnt do anything...yeah thats it"
>>
>>1947340
Meltz doesnt talk shit about him in his newsletter, twitter or show unless "Tokyo Dome drew more customers than flair vs steamboat (factually true)" is "talking shit" to cornette.
>>
>>1947498
Jim has been lying about the entire feud. its insane. its a bunch of people that have never listened to wor /read the newsletter but just watch cuck clips on youtube and go "hrm. cornette has never worked anyone. hes definitely telling the truth"
>>
>>1947831
Cornette himself says hes out of touch. if the most "shit talking" meltzer does is " COrnette's out of touch" then thats fucking insane

Cornette: "Meltzers a shoot psychopath freak retard pussy idiot and I hate his FUCKING GUTS"
Meltzer: "Cornette was wrong about AEW and hes out of touch on what current fans want"
>>
>>1948487
Board is where real juicy stuff is. Dave will respond any post about cornette. If you listene and read. Go read board. It is actually creepy.
>>
File: Djz6PYPU4AAfK43.jpg (682 KB, 1583x2048)
682 KB
682 KB JPG
Reminder that JimCuck hates his audience as much if not more than Vince
>>
>>1948487
Jim knows that if he shit talks AEW & Meltzer, he can attract the dumbest of wrestling fans, which makes him more money
>>
File: 1626811790062.png (105 KB, 679x750)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
Like look at the big split here:

Cornette : Meltzer is a liar, an asshole, only wants to hang out with the cool kids, you sacrified all your credibility, you suck, fuck you, you have a pussy that needs powdered, youre a stupid prick

Meltzer : you are calling me names and it sounds desperate - i look at the numbers and you said aew would be out of business in less than a year

And people in this thread are saying Meltzer started it? jesus christ.
>>
>>1948535
Cornette has been proven wrong on so many occasions, but he's the type that will never admit he is wrong
>>
File: cornettefans.jpg (1007 KB, 2000x2000)
1007 KB
1007 KB JPG
>>1948535
>And people in this thread
kek
>>
>>1948487
look at Dave’s forum posts. he’s always banging on about corny. You need to stop running defence for him. It’s creepy af
>>
>>1948535
Cornette literally has a cult of idiots that defend him even though Cornette starts shit.
And yes, it's pussy as shit to go around and make it a public issue. He could've told him in the email to not send him shit. Cornette goes through situations like a teenage girl.
>>
>>1948508
Why do you think they called them Mark's? Becouse they liked them so much?
>>
>>1948552
>look at Dave’s forum posts.
How about you show them to us, fatty?
>>
>>1948552
>load up 30 most recent post from dave
>12 of them are about cornette
Jesus.
>>
>>1945409
>48 mins
not a chance I am wasting precious time in my life to listen to this embarrassing high school gossip girl `bitching shit.
>>
>>1948611
Congrats on wasting my time reading this reply
>>
>>1947092
Cornette needs content for his podcast gimmick
>>
>>1948535
That's a really embarrassing retort from Jim, and belies everything he claims to be.

>I don't care if it objectively draws money, it is still a failure because I say so!
>>
>>1948687
Jim's whole gimmick is literally "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE GRRRR" autism chimpout.
He's 60+yrs old remember that, imagine that was your Grandad? How embarrassing would that person be?
>>
>>1948551
You and others in this thread
>>
>>1948006
He's flat out said he's not gonna spend any more time out of his house thN he needs to anymore

He was going that way after Lagana sold him up the river and covid just cemented it
>>
>>1948721
Would these be called Meltzer stans or stanettes?
>>
File: Nettes.jpg (1.13 MB, 1078x1441)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
Have we ever solved the riddle of what this hambeast thing is ?
His mother?
His wife?
His sister?
All of the above?
>>
>>1948785
Trannies, because lately they’re the ones pulling the strings on Dave. He wants to stay young .
>>
>>1947939
I bet you are a Dylan level monstrosity with a terrible aura
>>
>>1945409
Weird old man> Cuck
>>
>>1945570
He always says they're gonna go out of business and that 200k of the people watching are his fans watching it to make fun. Dudes an idiot

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.