[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why do wrestling companies intentionally and purposefully piss off their fans?
>>
>>1494902
It's called "working the marks" brother.
>>
>>1494906
Problem is they work them until they stopped watching. Dumb hicks.
>>
>>1494902
because fuck you
>>
>>1494902
heat draws brother
>>
>>1494902
>companies
Only one does that though.
>>
>>1494926
This is true
>>
>>1494934
THERE'S ONLY ONE WRESTLING COMPANY IN THE WORLD AND IT'S THE WWE

EVERYTING ELSE IS DIMELESS IRRELAVANT TRAHS.

ENJOY YOUR SOON-TO-BE-CANCELED DIMELESS BOTCHFEST OF A MONEY MARK FED WHILE WWE GETS TO ENJOY ITS
MOST. PROFITABLE. YEAR. EVER.
COPE HARDER AEWTITS
>>
>>1494902
The same reason they all put out shit products weekly. They know they have a loyal fanbase who will come back.
>>
>>1494981
Bro I say this in all honesty, I marked out for your gimmick at first and got some keks, but you are close to burying yourself.
>>
You mean Vince does. It's because he's quite literally mentally ill.
>>
>>1494934
AEW does too.
>>
hey you saved my subtle pepe edit from the wwe on /pw/ pic
cool
>>
>>1495213
>B-BUT AEW
RENT FREE LMFAAAAOOOO
>>
>>1495608
Holy seethe
>>
>>1494902
Because they know better than the fans
>>
>>1495213
When
>>
>>1494981
Care to extrapolate?
>>
>>1494902
The industry is built on the backs of the biggest self-marks both in and out of the ring, They don't care what the fans want.
>>
they know better than their fans, imagine being an obese nerd who thinks his fantasy bookings are superior to those of well educated professionals who have decades of experience
>>
I dont know about others, but Vince hates wrestling and wrestling fans. Since he is on his death bed he is doing everything in his might to destroy the sport.
>>
>>1494902
Only way they can get a reaction is to piss them off
but then after awhile they leave
as the decline in viewership has shown year after year
Then you just come to sites like this to laugh as it burns
>>
>>1496780
>Literally 1 million viewer stopped watching since their debut
You wouldn’t spin it and say they left happy and satisfied, would you now?
>>
Heel champions are bad for business. They should only ever be transitional champions to get the belt on a new face and their reigns should not last more than 2 months, at the most. WWE is obsessed with the idea of "the chase" though. This is because it gets huge pops and massive reactions when the chasing face finally gets the title. WWE then fucks this up by having the face quickly lose the title to an annoying heel so they can immediately restart the chase, while never realizing that people want a chance to enjoy their guy being on top. AEW is now falling into this trap as well, except they're doing it even worse in some ways. First off, every single one of their champions right now is a heel. People got burned out on that in WWE and now they're seeing the same shit in AEW and getting burned out on it too. AEW and WWE both share another common fuckup, is that despite having heel champions, there's no babyface that the focus is on. Our attention is constantly on the heels and them staying as champs, instead of it being on a particular babyface and their struggle to become champ. Instead, our sight is being limited to staring at the one being chased, but we have no idea who is even doing the chasing. Shit's fucked all around bros.
>>
>>1498313
Take your meds
>>
>>1498735
bot
>>
>>1494902
used to be a company had a heel do it to build up a future babyface win
now companies do it because they know their audience is too retarded to stop watching
>>
>>1498075
Nice headcanon, E-Drone
>>
>yfw promotions would kill their popularity in entire towns and cities
Pretty crazy that a single bad booking decision could wipe out an entire market.
>>
>>1494930
nah you are
>>
>>1494930
based
>>
>>1500419
Oh fuck off, you HAVE to be baiting
>>
>>1498075
You haven't told me when they intentionally pissed of their fans
>>
>>1494926
Which is a good thing because when you drive away the Smarks it makes it more likely that real men will watch your product instead. See: AEW. Panders to the Smarks all the time and it went from 1 million viewers to 460k lol.
>>
>>1503409
I don’t watch tranny shit so I wouldn’t know. All I know is 1 million motherfuckers stopped watching the pissant mudshow since its debut.
>>
>>1494902
>Why do wrestling companies intentionally and purposefully piss off their fans?
ritual purposes / loosh farming
>>
File: url(8).jpg (15 KB, 480x360)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>1503441
So you made the claim that they're intentionally irritating their fans, despite clearly having zero idea what you're talking about?
>>
>>1494906
this
>>
>>1494902
They dont
>>
>>1503640
Explain why they left if they weren’t pissed off? Would you still go to a burger joint if they kept taking a shit on your plate?
>>
>>1505966
Explain how it was intentional, which was the point of the original post
>>
>>1503409
>Still employing CAWdy
That's enough reason
>>
>>1506769
I accept your concession
>>
>>1494930
kek
>>
File: 1622753974355.jpg (44 KB, 400x400)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>1494926
>Dumb hicks.
>>
>>1494902
I dunno. Marks will call it "heel heat" but I hate that shit because it makes me want to stop watching.
>>
>>1494902
follow the disney model

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.