[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/pw/ - Professional Wrestling

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>"When Vince goes to the investors and complains that the RAW ratings are down because they haven’t created any new stars, well, that's on them. AEW knew from the start we had to make stars."
>"A lot of the guys on our show, Bucks, and Kenny included, Hangman Page, I said it on the Broken Skull Sessions, they weren’t known on a national level. On a national network television level. We’ve built them up, and then suddenly all these second wave guys and girls are getting in there now, too."
>"And now AEW is becoming dangerous to the WWE, because we have 12 people that you can put in the main event at any point in time. Next month it’ll be 14 people you can do that. And to me that’s just smart booking. Our show, right now, is better than their show. I’m just telling you, I’m being completely honest, it’s better than their show."
>"It’s really working. When you see those ratings coming through, I do take great pride in it. Because I was with AEW when it started and I was kind of the first face of the company. When there’s more faces now, that just shows we’re doing things right."

WWE bros....
>>
>>1047872
Certified draws:

>Omega
>Jericho
>Riho
>Darby
>Young Bucks
>Cody
>Conti
>Shida
>Baker
>Hangman
>Moxley
>OC
>MJF

These are the only people WWE needs to be worried about being certified draws.
>>
>>1047872
>because we have 12 people that you can put in the main event at any point in time
Who?
>>
>>1047934
Moxley jericho oc and darby are the only statistically proven draws. Give me whatever copes you have about Omega but data proves otherwise everytime
>>
>>1047935
see >>1047934
>>
>>1047952
I've come to the realization Omega is a PPV draw and not a TV draw, people want to see his matches not his segments and/or promos, I can't think of any wrestler who has this situation too
>>
I think WWE is killing themselves at a quicker rate than AEW is becoming a threat.
>>
>loses 500k viewers in less than a month
>>
People forget that AEW has been around for only a little over 2 years now.
It took WCW 8 years to beat WWF / RAW in the ratings.
Have a little patience and AEW could absolutely start to seriously compete with WWE in a couple of years.

The sad thing about this is however that this is mostly due to how incredibly shit RAW has become and not due to AEW being overly great.
>>
>>1048081
WCW got hot because they finally got a tv show, and 2 outta the 3 biggest stars in WWF jumped ship
>>
>>1047872
>Our show, right now, is better than their show
WWE is totally unwatchable, but AEW is only bad, so AEW is better. Tremendous accomplishment.
>>
>>1048081
uhh

It took Nitro three weeks to beat Raw in the ratings.
>>
>>1047934
>putting women on a list of draws
You may like to jerk your weeb dick to them, but they ain't draws. Especially not Baker and Conti. Twitter worked you into thinking they had star making matches but no one knows who the fuck they are outside of the 600k people that watch aew. Riho is a nobody.
>Cody
Ratings drop whenever he decides to show up. Clearly not interested in wrestling.
>young bucks
There hasn't been a tag team that drew in decades.
>Jericho
Old, but can probably draw some if he got a clue, stopped drinking, lost the gut and got booked correctly. That's a big if.
>Mox
No charisma, not a draw, wwe wash out, Deanetty of the Shield
>Omemega
Literally a guy who's career is defined by meme stars given by an autist for matches like five years ago that no one in the US gives a shit about. Ratings drop everywhere he goes.
>Hangman
No potential. Don't know what people see in him. Bored by every one of his matches. OP grasping at straws in a visual plea...
>OC
Meme. He got his shot at the upper mid card, that's his peak.
What's that leave? Darby and MJF? Darby should ditch the boomer and MJF is currently in a feud with no heat getting a massive blow off match on free TV.
>>
AEW actual "stars"

Jericho
Cody (some name value)
Big Show and Sting (Non wrestlers)
>>
>>1048437
Back then RAW was barely older than Dynamite is now

>>1048561
>There hasn't been a tag team that drew in decades.

OK e-Drone

>>1048586
>Cody over Moxley
>>
>>1048609
yeah, forgot about Moxley
>>
When Vince dies he will leave the World Wrestling Entertainment to Jericho. You literally heard it here first
>>
>>1047872
E Bros...
>>
>>1048613
People know Ambrose, Moxley is a who.
>>
>>1047872
>I’m just telling you, I’m being completely honest, it’s better than their show."
Sounds like an e-drone but he's right kek
>>
>>1048656
Faceblindness is a symptom of greater mental issues e-drone
>>
>>1048673
>Faceblindness is a symptom of greater mental issues e-drone
>>
>>1047934
>>Riho
>>
>>1048696
Thanks for proving me right!
>>
>>1047872
aew isnt even in the same stratosphere in terms of revenue and brand recognition. theyre probably 25 years away from competing.
dynamite is a better show, but this is like saying that community is becoming dangerous to the office.
>>
FUCK ALL Y'ALL AEWTISTS! WWE IS WORTH BILLION AND YOUR SMALL PISSANT COMPANY AIN'T GONNA GET BANKROLLED BY A MONEY-MARK FOREVER
>>
>>1048729
>AIN'T GONNA GET BANKROLLED BY A MONEY-MARK FOREVER

Neither is yours, Saudi cucks
>>
>>1047976
Omega is gaining viewers in his segments, him not being a draw is fake news
>>
>>1048721
if they need 25 years to compete, they're going to go bust long before
>>
>>1048738
>>AIN'T GONNA GET BANKROLLED BY A MONEY-MARK FOREVER
>Neither is yours, Saudi cucks
>>1048794
>Omega is gaining viewers in his segments, him not being a draw is fake news
>>
He is right, not that AEW is a threat to the existence of WWE, but AEW is showing pretty much every network that you can produce a wrestling show that does good ratings while being insanely cheaper than WWE. The bidding war for WWE programming looks fucking retarded, they're paying ten times more than what TNT did for 500k extra eyes. Their main worth is their legacy stuff. I had the network for a few months and still didn't watch anything from the past few years.
>>
>>1048834
Oh yea and WWE carnying their main partner in the UK for the past 30 years to go with BT, who are now looking to GTFO while AEW beats them in the ratings there consistently.

TNA was able to do big shows in the UK and make dimes, especially when they had Hogan, cause of it.
>>
>>1048834
This guy's got it. AEW doing 800k-1mil and doing really well in key demos is really enticing to networks and advertisers. Especially considering what TNT is paying.

USA and Fox paying billions for 1.6-2mil of an aging and dwindling fanbase just doesn't make sense. I get they want live sports, but there's no longer a reason to pay that much for it anymore. 2023 (or whenever the current TV deals expire) is going to be an interesting year for wrestling.
>>
>>1048834
>>1048917
The Chad move would be for AEW to help build-up Impact/ROH/NWA into better shows that become similar levels of threat as well
>>
Give them 3 years. If they can't make a dent in WWE marketshare by then. then they should just call it quits.
>>
>>1048970
That's kind of what they're doing.
Kenny is the Impact champion
Mox is NJPW US champ
Does Rosa still have the NWA women's title? I know when they first brought her in she did.

I'm sure they've generated some interest in non-WWE shows at this point.
>>
>>1049012
Wait until the next TV rights negotiations.

Networks and TV stations will think twice paying billions for Raw & SD when they can get AEW with similar demos for much cheaper.
>>
>>1049140
*Better demos.
Literally the opposite of WWE.
>>
WWE's YouTube channel makes more money than AEW. If you want to troll, trolling is best effective when you can state a fact.
>>
>>1049140
>16 year old smark ratingsfag analysis predicts it!
Lmao
>>
>>1049170
>WWE's YouTube channel makes more money than AEW
I thought Vince forbid anyone from using youtube.
>>
Why are WWE fans so defensive about AEW?

Do you not realize that serious competition will make WWE better like it did in the late 90s?
You should be hoping for AEW to be successful as it will force WWE to become better as well.
>>
>>1049222
>Do you not realize that serious competition will make WWE better like it did in the late 90s?

As clearly evident by the stellar quality of Raw & SD.
>>
>>1049257
Because right now AEW is not yet a serious threat like WCW became in the mid 90s

AEW has been only in existence for a bit more than 2 years, give it some time and hope for the best
>>
>>1049222
AEW existence already affected WWE negatively, because they have to pander to that crowd.

See the absolute shithole that is NXT
>>
>>1048125
WCW had tv shows before nitro
>>
>>1049290
What do you think NXT was like before AEW?

>pander to that crowd

The crowd hyped for BLOOD & GUTS?
>>
>>1048561
>600k people who watch aew
The absolute headcannon of drones
>>
>>1049340
NXT before AEW was slightly better, now is just a bubble with the same workers trapped there because they are afraid to advance.
>>
>>1049357
pure headcanon, NXT was never good
>>
>>1049222
Late 90's only happened because they were on the verge of bankruptcy. With their current TV, Saudi, and Peacock deals they're more profitable than ever.

There's no more PPV, all the money is guaranteed. No reason to change/improve.
>>
>>1047934
None of those people are even close to being draws except arguably Jericho. The draw of AEW is the brand itself for being a big budget alternative to WWE that uses the style of wrestling that smarks enjoy. If AEW is going for that loyal niche audience of internet geeks that will give them money no matter what then their business model is fine as is, but let's not act like Kenny Omega or the Young Bucks are going to be household names any time ever.
>>
>>1049476
>they're more profitable than ever.

Lol no
Revenue =/= Profit

WWE made a net profit of around $14 million last year, that's nothing compared to the $70 million profit they made in 1999/2000
>>
>>1049484
>The draw of AEW is the brand itself
Literally describing WWE
>>
>>1049529
bruv slopbrains are not gonna understand this
>>
>>1047872
>Bucks
You misspelled "Cucks".
>>
>>1049357
I'd be afraid to advance too if fucking Monday Night Raw is the thing I have to look forward to
>>
>>1049476
but in the case where aew gets a second show and both shows consistently beat wwe shows in the ratings, you have got to think that some of those future deals start to unravel, like tony khan could start to get his crap known internationally in that case
>>
>>1047934
The Cucks and Darby are anti-draws.
>>
>>1048729
>GET BANKROLLED BY A MONEY-MARK FOREVER
I think my favorite subset of Dronie is the one that thinks "pro wrestling promoter" is an eight year degree that you can only learn in the most prestigious schools, and if you don't have the diploma on your wall, you can't be one.

"Pro wrestling promoter" is someone who put on a professional wrestling show successfully and made enough of a profit to be able to put on another one, and AEW turned profitable in its first year, you idiot.
>>
>>1049529
yes, but they're still profitable

back in 1996 WWE recorded a net loss of - $6 million, meaning Vince had started to lose money
this is why he panicked and started the Attitude Era

we are not quite there yet these days
Vince is still making money as of now (less so than he used to make, but he's still comfortably in the green)

shit really has to hit the fan (again) for WWE to radically change (again)
AEW could potentially be a catalyst for that but I somehow doubt they can make it that far desu
>>
>>1049591
Jim cloned himself?
>>
>>1049647
Facts don't care about your feeliEs
>>
>>1049648
It's funny because TK already has legitimately more experience running a fed than Shane/Paul/Cunt
>>
>>1048609
Actually I take it back, Enzo and Cass were a draw.
>>1049350
600k core fan base. Rest are people that tune in randomly and are not diehards. Hence why the rating dips whenever literally ANYTHING else is on
>>
File: 1597282965724.png (519 KB, 726x401)
519 KB
519 KB PNG
>>1047934
forgot Sammy, shame on you
>>
>>1047952

Britt Baker
>>
>>1049837
Enzo & Cass didn't even win DEVELOPMENTAL titles lol

>why are these people watching anything but wrestling? Are they not DRONES?
>>
>>1049837
Your confusing AEW with NXT
>>
File: 1418030850129.jpg (5 KB, 180x180)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
lol the same sad fucks who were watching when it started are the same ones still watching, they haven't built anyone, they have 0 draws
>>
File: Haitch.jpg (27 KB, 777x437)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>lol the same sad fucks who were watching when it started are the same ones still watching, they haven't built anyone, they have 0 draws
>>
If Vince was smart he'd sign Jimmy Havoc and push him to the main event.
>>
>>1049170
and how does that benefit TV advertisers?
>>
>>1049862
OK so they were over as fuck with every crowd everywhere and a top merch seller without ever even getting the straps. Thanks for proving my point tard.
>>
>>1049902
No, I'm not. AEWs diehard audience is about 600k. They get a hotshot rating every once in a while but always dip to the 700-800k range. There is no consistent long term growth, it's a stagnant brand. NXTs diehard audience is about 300-400k. It too is stagnant.
>>
>>1050107
Too bad they couldn't draw any gold lol

>>1050154
>hotshot

cope
>>
>>1050154
You call it hotshoting when in reality it's just good booking where as NXT has been shitshoting
>>
>>1050222
>good booking
Oh, you're a troll then. OK.
>>
>>1050154
In the entire wednesday night wars, AEW barely EVER counter-programmed NXT, it was always NXT that announced their shit later on
>>
>>1049862
>they weren't booked to win a title

great argument there kiddo
>>
>it’s really working

They were down before NXT moved. Audience has aged considerably. Minimal arena revenue for 14 months. Ridiculed on Twitter.

>working
>>
>>1049991
Where as WWE have the same sad drones who've been watching for 30 years and can't draw anyone new, they have zero drawing power
>>
File: OMG_YASS.png (405 KB, 652x672)
405 KB
405 KB PNG
>>1047872
>inaugral champion says his fed is great
No way
>>
>>1050235
It's called long term story telling, you might remember WWE doing it from a couple decades ago, before Vince went schizo and decided it was a good idea to write things on the fly and change stories the day of filming
>>
File: 1618369130762.jpg (103 KB, 540x705)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>1050254
aew could have drawn new fans, but instead they decided to appeal to the redditfag smark manchildren who were already fans of the literallywhos that scammed Tony Khan for his dad's money. Nobody wants to be associated with faggots like this.
>>
>>1047934
Those guys only draw the AEW fans. Which is why the ratings stagnate between 700-800k they certainly don't draw the 400k who left in 2 weeks.
>>
>>1050313
>long term storytelling
Your redditfag circlejerk headcanon doesn't count, retard.
>>
>>1050313
What long term storytelling has Tony done in almost 2 years of AEW's existence?
Genuinely curious.
>>
>>1048586
Big Show is listed on the roster page and is cleared to wrestle.
>>
>>1049854
Love this lil sex god.
>>
>>1050242
>>1050235
Nice seethe granny

>>1050356
Hangman Page
>>
>>1048214
you're not wrong, but when the bar has been low for about a decade, it takes some effort to move it.
>>
>>1050356
They just make shit up in their heads and then pretend that it's real. aewfags are no different than the most toxic, obsessed people in any fandom.
>>
>>1050396
See
>>1050385
Point proven.
>>
>>1047872
Well, he's right.
>>
>>1050396
>>1050410
Save it for Thursday grannies
>>
File: aewchads.webm (2.83 MB, 1920x1080)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB WEBM
>>1050445
You're embarrassing.
>>
>>1050385
What long term story with Hangman Page? Excuse me if I completely missed the followup to that story.
>>
>>1049484
Exactly, as bad as WWE is, AEW is nothing much better.
>>
>>1050486
There isn't one. Fat smark redditfags have written collective headcanon about him, but that's it. Seriously.
>>
>>1050459
Based fans being excited for a show! Very cool!
>>
>>1050507
You weren't bullied enough, faggot.
>>
File: nash eyebrow.jpg (304 KB, 704x529)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
>>1050518
Why don't you drop your pants and bully me then, big boy?
>>
>>1050507
If only excited people in the audience could pass for normal everyday folk.
>>
>>1049647
maybe the Bucks are, I dunno. Darby is a draw though, which is why he keeps main eventing week after week.
>>
>>1048834
The main consequence of AEW doing well is that WWE will get utterly raped in the next round of negotiations when their TV deals come up. If Vince is even still in the picture, I really think he will have sold it off by then.
>>
>>1050385
>Hangman Page
we are not talking about deranged smark headcanon
>>
>>1047934
>These are the only people WWE needs to be worried about being certified draws.

For now... But in a long term that number could be more.
>>
Vince already sold the network to Peacock. He brought in Nick Khan to do it. Nick Khan's next job is to sell off everything else. Piece by piece WWE's corpse will be distributed to the highest bidder and Vince will retire to a Hawaiian island.
>>
>>1049290
You think NXT is bad because they are "trying to pander" to the AEW audience? What?
>>
>>1050459
lol you've been seething about this guy enjoying himself for 2 years. This shit ain't healthy, lad.

>>1050486
>>1050503
They're still telling it seethers

>>1050530
Define "normal everyday folk" please!
>>
>>1050507
Those are the people who say that WWE isn't mature enough for them.
>>
>>1050585
Have they?
>>
File: 1619284599733.png (50 KB, 645x973)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>1050584
>they're still telling it
Lmao go back to your plebbit aew fanfiction threads, faggot.
>>
>>1047963
makes me wonder why wwe stopped booking a strong midcard with several guys who could be pushed to main event at any given time when needed without confusing the crowd, if they still did that they could have built reigns for example from there instead of showing him down the audience's throats and building up new talent in general would be way easier
>>
>>1050601
Concession accepted. See you Thursday!
>>
>>1050486
>Him failing to win the aew championship and failing people's expectations of him
>teaming up with omega and winning tag titles but felling inferior to omega
>Conflict with bucks and feeling like the odd one out in the elite
>Being tricked by FTR into betraying bucks
>Being beaten by FTR and subsequently tossed aside by omega
>Conflict with omega
>Rebuilding confidence and finding new allies with dark order while omega wins aew championship and turns heel
>Bucks turn heel
You are here
>Redemption arc where hangman eventually is the one who finally dethrones omega of the title and fulfills his potential
>>
Haha, e-drones are so uppity and anxious! I love it!
>>
>>1050584
Question is what story? He lost oranges in 2019 then found them last week?
>>
>>1050555
>Vince will retire to a Hawaiian island
he can do that now
>>
>>1050585
>AEW books a show called BLOOD & GUTS
>WWE literally stops a match if someone has papercuts

>>1050602
Vince is a shit booker
>>
>>1050341
WWE can't even create new fans, how the fuck is AEW going to do it? You guys are so retarded. There is a finite pool of wrestling fans in existence. Booking a show in a certain way does not increase that pool. Why do you not understand this?
>>
>>1050341
Guess you missed the part where Cardi says not to send her any more tweets about WWE and that she hasn't watched it in years, hemorrhaging viewers constantly
>>
>>1050608
>"they're still telling it"
Faggot you conceded right there.
>>
>>1050640
>Misses the point
Not surprised, you fat smark retard.
>>
File: 1607219154061.jpg (23 KB, 739x415)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>1050370
I consider myself very heterosexual, but Sammy makes me feel some things that I'm not entirely comfortable with.
>>
>>1050653
Too many weeks for you to pay attention, dronie?
>>
>>1050636
WWE can't create new fans because it's unwatchable. the answer is right in front of you but you don't get it.
>>
>>1050636
>WWF can't create new fans, how the fuck is WCW going to do it?

>>1050677
Basado Spanish God
>>
>>1050691
not enough forward rolls
>>
>>1050677
lol faggot
>>
>>1050636
This is possibly the most retarded cope Iv seen from a drone
>>
File: 1560986853185.png (450 KB, 661x801)
450 KB
450 KB PNG
>>1050732
n-no u...
>>
>>1050609
Everything before "You are here" is not one singular story. Those are separate feuds and a bare bones feud is not a story unless Tony builds on that specific feud with a storyline (Kenny stole muh hat 2 years ago I gotta get it back from HIM now, nothing to do with FTR etc)
Everything you said happens to every wrestler, feud with #1, #2, #3 etc to get some powerlevel, win and lose some, that's wrestling 101 and not a story.
>>
>>1050663
Nah I know the point you were trying to make, some cringe lord compared it to that cuck Sanders, doesn't change what Cardi said
>>
>>1050691
>deranged trannies write fan fiction together
>headcanon everything that actually happens to fit it
>"wow so complex"
The absolute state
>>
>>1050758
>"I get that the point of the image is to show how retarded aewfags act in public, but here's something completely unrelated about someone not wanting to talk about WWE"
Good one, brainlet.
>>
>>1050751
It's been one continuous story, FTR's involvment went on for weeks and after their involvment ended the story between Hanan and Kenny continued, again this is called long term story telling, WWE and all wrestling promotions used to do this, these days though Vince has the attention span of a gnat and wants to change or drop stories every week
>>
>>1050771
It's fucking wrestling, bro, not Kafka.
>>
>>1050828
No shit, retard. I'm not the one claiming that aew is telling these long term stories.
>>
>>1050848
They are long term storylines, dumb e-drone retard.
>>
>>1050771
>>1050848
Why does a promotion that has storytelling beyond "will this be good for social media or a video package" upset (You) so?
>>
>>1050858
Your headcanon doesn't make something a long term story, tard.
>>
>>1050894
I'm literally following this storyline with my eyes, ears and also my brain. The big payoff is going to be Hangman Adam Page vs Kenny Omega in front of a packed audience. Probably he's going to be backed up by the Dark Order and be crowned their new leader as well.
>>
>>1050799
>this is called long term story telling
Sorry to burst your bubble but feuding with different people and having hatred with them for different reasons over the course of 2 years is not a story, it is the basic fundamentals of being a wrestler and it's something every wrestler does. various feuds in an attempt to win the top title or get closer to it applies to every wrestler and it is generally something a booker does when the wrestler is NOT in a storyline. Again, fighting in basic feuds is not a singular story, if it's not singular then it's not one collective long term story, just a bunch of mini feuds/stories.
>>
Why are e-drones like this? We get it, you're trapped in a loveless marriage.
>>
>>1050909
>'m literally following this storyline with my eyes, ears and also my brain.
The absolute state of you faggots.
>>
File: kenny OH mega.jpg (339 KB, 1080x1440)
339 KB
339 KB JPG
>>1050920
Stay mad, e-drone.
>>
>>1050894
>Claims it's headcanon
>Has all literally happened on tv and is regularly reiterated by the commentators
>>
>>1050911
It has been a singular story dumbass, how much more do I need to dumb it down for you? It's a story about hangman having conflict with the elite, falling out with them and then dethroning the leader of the elite and his former friend Kenny omega and winning the championship
>>
>>1049529
>WWE made a net profit of around $14 million last year
I don't think that's correct. I think they made $14mil more in 2020 than they did in 2019. But I could be misreading this.

T. https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2021/2/4/22267141/wwe-q4-2020-financial-earnings-profit-revenue-ratings-coronavirus-pandemic-record-peacock-network
>>
>>1049170
WWE's youtube channel is made up entirely of pajeets who don't pay a dime for WWE content and thus generate no revenue for Vince.
>>
>>1050636
Aew has pulled in fans who used to watch WWE and fans of NJPW and ROH.

WWE fans =\= all wrestling fans
>>
>>1051079
All 600k of them.
>>
>>1050974
Should bump this storyline up a little bit. No one cares about kenny as champ and loses viewers everytime he is on. Also, if they have as many main eventers as Jericho claims, how come he is doing another program with Moxley?
>>
>>1049170
WWE's YT is probably a loss leader because most of the views are coming from pajeets. That's why Great Khali videos are some of the highest viewed.
>>
>>1050564
90% of the NXT roster would be at home in AEW.

Before you had more variety, and people actually graduating from there
>>
ITT: Drones don't remember what long term story-telling in wrestling is like.

Remember Austin vs McMahon or Austin vs Triple H?
>>
>>1051095
And look at how many of those "graduates" were successful
>>
>>1051117
You guys think the cucks flipflopping from heel to face every other month is good long term storytelling when it was retarded and nonsensical just like current WWE shit. AEW isn't good, modern wrestling isn't good.
>>
>>1051162
What are you even going on about drone?
>>
>>1051090
They're trying to solidify that Mox and Kingston are a legit tag team. I expect Mox will slowly transition into feuding with the Bucks instead of Kenny over the Bucks backstabbing him while Kenny has to begin worrying about Orange Cassidy, Christian Cage, and Hangman.
>>
>>1051127
Check the RAW and Smackdown rosters, almost every name is from NXT (or former development)
>>
>>1051181
My post wasn't even hard to understand, wtf? The cucks heel turn was the only example of long term booking that even remotely resembled a coherent storyline and it wasn't good
>>
>>1050974
>It's a story about hangman having conflict with the elite
No, you mentioned wrestlers who are not even part of the elite, hangman happened to feud with certain wrestlers in the elite because they are the top dogs and that's what most wrestlers do with top dogs.
Bottom line is, wrestler feuds with different wrestlers for different reasons, wrestler wants the belt and the belt holder is in the elite.
not a collective story, it's a guy fighting for the top title and some AEW fan added 1 to 1 to make 2.
>>
>>1051196
And they're all irrelevant nobodies that aren't over.
>>
>60 posters
deranged aewtists spams yet another thread in defence of aew
>>
>>1051214
I think it's more like the few autists debating for and against the "merits" of the Adam Page "story".
>>
>>1051204
You mean FTR? Who convinced hangman to help them screw the bucks out of a title shot further driving a divide between the elite and then FTR went on to screw hangman and omega out of the titles causing their team to split up?
Also hangman was the belt holder dumb ass, the conflict was escalated because hangman accused the bucks of wanting to take away his biggest achievement in wrestling so far just as soon as he had gotten it, again this all played out on tv and is continuing to play out
>>
>>1051207
well, that's all modern wrestling
>>
>>1047872
>>1047991
>>1048721
>>1048729
>>1048834
>>1048917
>>1049012
>>1049140
WWE will keep going just propped up by pajeets and sandniggers alone. Brown people are THE brand whores. They don't care about quality, just a big, prestigious brand name.
Who do you think causes the surreal sub numbers WWE has on Youtube for example?
>>
>>1051464
This is true, Indians are the biggest fucking marks alive, they actually still think wrestling is real
>>
>>1051338
From 5 months ago?
The discussion is long term feuds, not the fact that an official feud with the elite began in late 2020 and FTR kicked in soon after.
Your passive aggressive banter is also amusing.
>>
>>1051486
Sorry *long term storylines
>>
>>1049529
>$70 million profit they made in 1999/2000
That would be 108 million adjusted for infaltion.
Imagine your profit shrinking by over 85% and still pretending everything is fine.
>>
>>1050541
>I really think he will have sold it off by then
Can't wait for it when WWE is getting WCW'ed. Held by some megacorp post Vince and some merger or change in directors makes THEM then sell off the WWE brand for change to some pajeet "investor" or saudi that will consider the wrestlers just another type of foreign quasi slaves. Kek.
>>
>>1051486
The discussion was long term story telling, but nice attempt to shift the goalposts drone
>>
>>1051512
Yeah I'm sure the executives in wwe who are giving themselves millions of dollars in bonuses are sweating lol
>>
WWE doesn't have to worry. They're the prestige brand, the Industry leader. And nobody they're negotiating with understands wrestling and thinks Vince is a super genius. They'll have to collapse harder than the 2004 Yankees x100000 to even feel the heat
>>
>>1050602
>strong midcard
The only time they ever had one was when they could poach ECW and WCW talent with bigger paychecks and the opportunity of not being the eternal second string to some aging stars.
Even in the hallowed attitude era, the midcard was utter shit well into 1998 or even 1999.
>>
File: 1543074423134.jpg (77 KB, 501x585)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>1051601
Probably not, no. You are right about that.
But what you're failing to consider is that WWE is publicly traded, and investor are in general scum of the earth caring about nothing but numbers going up. No matter what. So at some point, one of those fucks will read/remember old numbers and go apeshit about past success and profits.
>>
>>1051587
Directly after that post
>>1051486
>>
>>1051753
And you're still wrong, the story didn't start 5 months ago, go back and watch bucks vs kenny and hangman on revolution 2020 (more than a year ago) the story was happening there too, and before that when Kenny and hangman won the belts, and before that with the fallout of hangman losing his match against Jericho, that's when it started
>>
>>1051214
63 posters now. Xir is still posting a strong defence of his headcanon long term story telling
>>
>>1048586
Christian has more fans than Big Shit
>>
>>1051850
That match had zero reference to "hangman vs elite" it was Kenny tagging with Hangman before Kenny went back to the elite, so hangman was shoehorned in by proxy (everybody wanted Kenny vs Bucks)
Kenny tagging with Hangman is the opposite of "elite friction"
Rev 2020 was just another match for Hangman, the only story was between the bucks and Kenny.
>>
>>1047872
Source?
>>
>>1051850
>redditfag headcanon fanfiction
Lmao pathetic
>>
>>1052093
>He was shoehorned in
Kenny and hangman were the tag team Champions retard, and they were all part of the elite at that point, fuck you're a moron
>>
File: 1619732805481.jpg (109 KB, 785x731)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>1052252
>stop questioning my headcanon!
This is Tumblr level cope
>>
>>1052093
Promo video for that match all about the growing friction, again you're a fucking retard
https://youtu.be/Za3UhbVQNXQ
>>
>>1052252
Shoehorned in "by proxy", they had a good run prior to that so he was forced into the match with Kenny and co, when in fact all the hype from Dynamite and BTE was about Kenny and the bucks.

Their history is not part of that sentence.
>>
>>1052093
If we're thinking of the same match, there's literally a camera shot where Kenny is in perfect position for Hangman's finish, and Page is considering it. Hangman has butted heads with the Elite pretty consistently through AEW's existence, even if it hasn't been a full-blown feud.
>>
>>1052281
There's still zero reference to "hangman vs elite" or "fuck the elite they all suck" That is Kenny and his tag partner talking shit about the bucks and vice versa to hype the match.

That's like saying every feud a wrestler had with the Rock when he was in NoD was (that) wrestler vs the entire NoD, bad blood with the bucks doesn't mean bad blood with the elite.
Feuding with a faction involves all or most members to participate in the feud, which can lead to a storyline, possibly, long term?
>>
>>1052415
Do you know how many wrestlers have butted heads with specific members of the elite?
This isn't Daniel Bryan vs the entire authority style, I don't recall a single wrestler in AEW who have had feuds with the elite, and you need most or all of the elite members to have a feud with their faction (not just the young bucks).
>>
>>1048125
WCW had Saturday Nights at 6:05pm for years. Back then TV was more about shilling house shows and PPV. RAW was booked like an ad for their main revenue stream for WWF. It was Nitro that changed that.
>>
>>1052529
Sure, but he had an established relationship with the group, and he's had unresolved issues with everyone in the group. The groundwork is there, and has been there since he came in as part of the Elite. The trigger hasn't been pulled yet, but the seeds have absolutely been planted.
>>
>>1048834
very interesting indeed
>>
>>1052659
Groundwork is the word, a short feud and a PPV win is dime a dozen and it hasn't affected or influenced the current Hangman vs Elite storyline, everyone would have long term storytelling if they went back to short feuds from a year ago that went nowhere (for Hangman)
>>
>>1052430
>>1053265
You're a legitimate retard
>>
>>1052430
How many people do you think are in the elite retard?
>>
File: Darby AllCringe.png (300 KB, 650x376)
300 KB
300 KB PNG
>>1047934
>Darby
I'll just leave this here.
>>
>>1047934
>Darby
I'll just leave this here
>>
>>1047872
He’s unironically right
>>
File: 1620071519916.jpg (40 KB, 636x658)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>1053423
>>
>>1051464
Pajeet views literally mean less than nothing
>>
File: 1617892547672.jpg (258 KB, 1232x1188)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>1053329
>>1053371
>"STOP ATTACKING MY HEADCANON"
sensitive faggots. Go to bed
>>
Why are you posting wojaks
>>
>>1050911
>durr the odyssey isn't a collective long term story, just a bunch of mini feuds/stories
you literal fucking retard
>>
>>1053329
Remember kayfabe for a moment and understand that this is all Tony's story, Hangman vs Elite is an AEW storyline and if he doesn't show people that old feuds and relationships Hangman had is now part of the Hangman vs Elite (Elite) storyline, then it's not part of the storyline, and any additions fans make to Tony's storyline (what HE puts out) is pure headcannon.

It is not long term storytelling.
>>
>>1053647
nice headcanon you got there, mind if I disregard it?
>>
>>1047872
AEW sucks
WWE sucks
>>
>>1053539
Because that is how people see you.
>>
>>1053654
Rude!
>>
>>1053502
Sure.
Until you get to sell your show to some pajeetland networks that are all over it because pajeets still love your shit and also buy your merch and events.
Same for dunecoons.
>>
>>1053647
Everything described has been shown on screen, you are a retard
>>
>>1050239
Did I ever say anything about counter programming? I said they'd get a hotshot rating every once in a while and they absolutely max out around 600k fanatics,the rest being casual randos. Booking Shaq and Tyson several times does reek of desperation tho kek
>>
>>1048081
very well said bro
>>
Why do you want wwe to die? you have no idea how bad that would be for the industry. You need both or else aew will turn to shit very quickly too
>>
>>1055587
nobody wants wwe to die, just almost die so that vince will be forced into improving the product again like he did in the late 90s

basically, aew needs to become good so that wwe can become good again
>>
>>1047872
Screencap this, Jericho will be at the royal rumble in 2022
>>
>>1048586
>>
>>1047872
Jericho is full of shit

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.