[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/po/ - Papercraft & Origami

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 17 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Wanted to do my part in stopping this site dying out for good, starting to get some hype or more action at least on the site by promoting more actual papercraft trades & shares, maybe?
Been on the site since forever mostly just lurking, but now I would like to actively encourage people to maybe engage more and start posting papercraft-related stuff back, so it’s not just origami on here – since it’s really sad to see.
I know there is a controversy of premium files being shared on here, so I would start with people posting links and sharing files of released stuff only. You can also post templates that have been deleted from sites or you are looking for, so we can share the old ones back as well. Generally, just post papercraft-related posts and trying to get the sharing mentality back, I guess. Call me an optimist, but I am sure it’s still possible :)
And for anybody still not willing to share them openly, I also do trades with the rarer premium stuff and newer files, so anybody interested in trading Tao-Bao files etc. you can contact me here:
GoddessAmaterasu13 @ protonmail. com
Sooo, any files people are generally looking for and would like them to be re-shared? I am sure I can post some of them on here, especially the old deleted ones that aren’t posted anywhere. Just reply and let’s get this thing going!
>>
File: home1.jpg (24 KB, 355x245)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
Don't want to derail your thread but since you bring up the state of the forum and what tends to dominate it, I wish there was more posting about "everything that’s relevant to paper engineering" including actual design/fabrication of original ideas.
I have no problem with people doing what they like and that naturally creating more focus on what's popular, but considering the extremely wide range of paper based arts and all the related techniques and principles that can be applied and adapted between them, it's disappointing that even the ones related to origami and paper modeling rarely get discussed.
Like I say, not trying to stop anyone from sharing patterns but if somone uninitiated were to look at this board's catalog they might think that that's all it exists for, or that low res paper models *are* the extent of what paper craft means.

https://www.thesprucecrafts.com/common-paper-craft-definitions-3577825
>>
>>605594
Of course, everybody does his own thing. I didn't mean to sound entitled or that it should only be about papercrafts, but the post was meant for the thing I do and love most, that's why I said papercraft, because it tends to be origami stuff only. So, it would maybe be a (valid) plead for another, separate post maybe?

That being said, I totally agree that the board needs a bit freshening up and positive energy, sharing and related pic posting etc. and I am rooting for more posts on your theme as well. Since it's a small-knit community anyway, we paper-enthusiasts should share our hobbies and make them available for more people to get to know and help each other more than ever! Why not start to post these yourself then and maybe start a conversation on that, or maybe share some links where they can look-up such things etc? I am sure people are interested in it and would love to know more.
>>
>>605601
Part of the problem is that the term "papercraft" has been appropriated to describe a specific type of paper modeling and in some cases the people who are into it seem to think that this is some long established convention that everyone should respect as such.
In fact it just confuses things; even the sticky for this forum speaks of different techniques and niches that involve crafting things from paper but then calls that "paper engineering" and reserves "papercraft" for the narrow niche of paper modeling.
It's like if the term "woodworking" were to become associated with making plywood item by people who were into that...people are free to call it whatever they like but it doesn't help advance understanding of the general subject and other aspects of working with wood that now get lumped together under some arbitrary catch-all phrase like "wood engineering".
I'll drop this since you are clearly annoyed that I posted in your thread, but FWIW there's tons of threads seeking and sharing paper model stuff, and virtually no threads here on anything but origami and paper model file seeking/sharing/stealing.

I do post here when I have pertinent info to share, you may disagree that these posts in this thread aren't pertinent and belong in another thread but I disagree and think that it gets to the heart of why this forum is so dead and balkanized when it ostensibly covers positively ancient practices that span all cultures that make and use paper.
>>
>>605603
If you feel the need to post in this thread, then be my guest. As said, the more the merrier and if things get shared and spread around, even better for the cause :)

And again, I didn't want to sound entitled or rude or wanted to push you out, I was just suggesting that maybe different kinds of papercrafts had their own thread to post into, but if it's beneficial for the purpose, why not just jumble everything into one, as long as it gets views and active posts.

As for the term "papercraft", I know it can have different kinds of way people interpret it. I was always going from the Japanese term "ペーパークラフト" which in 95% of all searches and general understanding in Japan (where it originated and where they made the unfolding program “Papakura” that got the hype going on the net) does mean printed templates on paper that are used to make figures, animals, etc. Again, didn't want to be disrespectful, but as said, I am only interested in the unfolded figures as such, and not in others, and wanted to get that one going again, since I can contribute to these and I got stuff from way back of these I can post as well.

Can't wait to see what you have to post then in the future. Maybe you'll get me interested in your "papercrafting" branch as well.
>>
why are the weebs always the ones saying "i want to be the guy that stops this place from dying", while posting weeb shit
>>
>>605651
Did you happen to read your post? There's your answer.
>>
>>605651
Why are you saying this like it's a bad thing? Better trying something than being a lowlife stalker loser not doing anything and just keep getting back to an empty page and then complaining that people are active and posting on it. YOU are the problem on here, not the weeb-anons trying at least smtn, shitty millenial scum
>>
>>605589
premium files? so far i just use whatever i can found in the internet, can you tell me more?
>>
File: nico.jpg (23 KB, 360x640)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>605589

lets start talking about papercrafts already

does anyone know anything about the nico pepasweet papercraft, last year i found a shopee tw link selling that nico and a bonus blue haired girl from date a live but it has vanished from the internet aparently, it was sold along with the kotoko papercraft if i remember correctly
>>
>>605726
premium files are paid papercrafts, usually they come from taobao but theres a little more variety on shops now
>>
>>605751
Wish I would, since I am also looking for her. I got the idol and the summer outfit from Taobao though, but not this one :/ getting hard to afford international shippings and paying proxys to be even able to get them. Last time I ordered scans I said I would never do it again, since they totally blotched my scans, they were mushed and ripped and practically unusable, so I said never again! Was it just my luck, or did anybody else ordering scans get their pack totally screwed over? Or is it just my shitty postal service?
>>
>>605762
I did a hunt on pepasweet's facebook, downloaded all the images containing the nico papercraft on it and used google lens to find something

and so i found this link: https://shopee

.tw/%E5%85%AC%E4%BB%94-
%E7%B4%99%E6%A8%A1%E5%9E%8B-lovelive-Q%E7%89%88%E6%83%85%E4%BA%BA%E7%AF%80-%E7%9F%A2%E6%BE%A4%E5%A6%AE%E5%8F%AF-%E7%B4%99%E6%A8%A1%E5%9E%8B-%E6%89%8B%E4%BD%9CDIY-i.4834453.18822571?sp_atk=f5555d3f-d75d-4063-84f8-eaf9907928f5&xptdk=f5555d3f-d75d-4063-84f8-eaf9907928f5
its a scan but its better than nothing, the shop selling the papercraft also has the pepasweet anohana papercraft that was sort of lost too, i will try to buy asap because i dont want to lose this beauty kek, i hope the shipping isnt too high
>>
>>605828
Too expensive + takes too much time + packages are bent and ruined. Since the 2. cold war thing, prices have skyrocketed, not to mention that you can't get anything shipped in less than 3 months time. Goog luck with that.

No idea why you say Ano hana was lost? Coz I got it from Pepa herself, and it's in pristine PDF contidion, so I can trade you for that. As for the one in the pics, if you get it and scan it, we can trade that as well
>>
>>605836
too expensive?
bro its 9,39 usd

also i said that the anohana papercraft was sort of lost too because i cant find anything related to it on the internet that isnt on pepasweet's facebook
>>
>>605843
Why you 'muricans always think everybody comes from your 3rd world middle-age-ruled backwards country? You have 330 million people there, which doesn’t even account to 5 % of the whole world’s population, so pretty sure most, which is 95% since you are bad at math’s, of all the population on Earth, actually come from a non-mentally-handicapped-county.
So, not everybody is using your currency and distance and packaging services and conversion rates.
Taking into account the current conversion rates of other non-dollar-based currencies + inflation + rising prices + blocked shortest and easiest postal paths and providers (Cold war 2 / Ukraine genocide) + shipping costs + shipping provider you can’t choose and is always the priciest + import tax + waiting time = YES, IT’S TOO EXPENSIVE
Besides that, your backwards thinking is also clear from the “sort of lost” statement, which again is not true no matter how you put it.
Just because people don’t bluntly disregard designers and actually buy their papercrafts from them and support them, and that not all the premium papercrafts get shared instantly online because of respect and support for them, does not make them “inaccessible” or “hard to get”. That’s just the false presumption that everything should be handed to you on a silver platter for free on the internet, cataloged with pictures for your choosing. Well, let me tell you a BIG secret – it doesn’t work that way, life doesn’t work that way, and the free market economic system (which is always mentioned by you greedy ‘muricans that you take so much pride in) don’t work that way.
>>
>>605855
i live in brazil lmaoooooo

well, were the FUCK did you come to the conclusion that i think anything thats not shared online is lost???
take your meds schizo
if you know nothing about pepasweet, she has a online shop on etsy and both the nico and the anohana papercrafts are not on sale there, she has other shop on a chinese shop and sells basically the same thing she sells on her etsy+a moe king boo, she also goes to creative conventions and by looking at the photos of her shop there, THEY ARE NOT FOR SALE THERE TOO

stop assuming things from people you dont know shittard kek
>>
>>605884
normie breakdown, love it. I mean, it's just too easy
>>
>>605897
nigga really said im having an breakdown after he wrote a fucking essay about how not everyone is an murican kys kek
>>
>>605903
still raging? how about getting a life and move on aka off if your feelings got hurt too much to handle 4chan
>>
>>605884
>if you know nothing about pepasweet
you dumb "kys kek" yourself. As written, I have personally BOUGHT everything of Pepa, including the Ano hana papercraft. It just means you are too dumb to actually ask her and buy it, which again confirms you are a total loser making stuff up about "buying" things when you don't even know how to get them. Learn to read, anphabetically-challenged-anon.

Besides that point, you sound so entiteld and ponsy that it had to me murica or something equaly mentally-delayed-tacoish, so I still hit the nail on the head. Get wrecked yourself
>>
>>605904
>still raging?

you say that after making another rage post asking for someone to get a live kek
>>
>>605905

>I have personally BOUGHT everything of Pepa

then why where you asking for me to trade the nico papercraft with you when i get it?

you dont need another copy of something you already have right?
>>
>>605905

> you sound so entiteld and ponsy that it had to me murica or something equaly mentally-delayed-tacoish, so I still hit the nail on the head. Get wrecked yourself

look whos raging now lmao, how about getting a life and move on aka off if your feelings got hurt too much to handle 4chan
>>
>>605904
>>605905
>>605911
>>605912
>>605913
Admin, spam, please delete.

I made this thread in the hopes to actually promote trades and sharing, and not silly people trying to outdo others with idiotic posts and trolls that do not benefit the cause.

Please refrain from posting these things and actually start sharing or proactively do things to make the community better. Thank you.
>>
>>605905
>>605911
>>605912
What a turdbag. Again, alphabetically-challenged-anon, I was asking about the other Love life scans if you buy them, not the Ano hana I already have, and offering to trade my pristine PDF-PC-files of them to trade to you for anything other bought-like. LEARN TO READ XDDD Tacos and English, guess you can't help it

Apart from that, you actually replied 3 times on 1 post reply of mine, which is a dead giveaway for you being an entitled child pansy that got hurt in their witulu fewungss that it hurts so much you had to reply 3-times XDDDD complete loser. Game, set, match.
>>
>>605918
sorry for that, i tried to say something related to papercraft but it seems like you really cant post anything on here without a troll to fuck everything
>>
File: a.jpg (70 KB, 800x450)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
Anybody got this genshin papercraft for trade/sharing from SV? His account got suspended on Twitter? WTF! The final end of the end or what?
>>
>>605947
no idea
>>
so, anby sharing stuff or what? I need new stuffz
>>
File: CH_MORSKOJ.pdf (5.62 MB, PDF)
5.62 MB
5.62 MB PDF
I am here praying that someone has the other two Chromehounds papercrafts that SEGA released back in the day to promote the game. I found the heavy gunner but am still looking for the soldier and scout classes and the domain where SEGA distributed them just doesn't exist anymore. If this just keeps one of them alive I'm happy, but I hope some anon has the other two.
>>
>>606533
>>
>>605947
It was never released.
>>
>>606537
Yes it was idiot, on his booth shop for a few days. Get info before you blabber
>>
>>606539
Clearly you never fallow his release info, you cunt. He listed it on his booth, but left it as not in stock on purpose because idiots like you would share it for free and other would resell it.

He probably only shared it with a few local Japanese makers as a physical print for test building but they are probably under NDA. The only one he actually sold was his hutao for a few days.
>>
>>606546
The only CUNT I see is you, because I know people that have it and it was sold for a small limited timeframe and your retarded ass didn't get it and you are now saying that is was never shared :D what a loser. Get your facts straight bitchassnigga
>>
>>606537
Are you sure? I am 95% sure I did saw the link as soon as it went up and it said you could buy it, "add to card" or whatever is written there and you get the send printed pages per mail then like the other booth ones he did sell. But I do think it got removed from stock like in 1 day or maybe less, because next time I checked it was sold out. So either people bought it like crazy and he set a limited number of people able to buy them, or he saw people buying them so much he discontinued the process because of his apparent paranoia. Pretty sure it was up for grabs though, with a bit of luck to be one of the first ones
>>
>>606548
What's your proof. He only shipped domestically in japan and most people here couldn't be bothered making a proxy account and let alone pay for the shipping. If any of the reputable makers made it, they would have tagged on twitter. Hutao was his test. If it was economical, he would have sold physical prints of raiden.

If you want a raiden go buy the one from foggy on taobao.
>>
>>606553
He did the same with the other one, can't remember the name, the Genshin one that was also only shipped in Japan and sold on Booth and people have that as well. I don't see your point here.
>>
Where can I get that Platelet papercraft from?
>>
>>606635
Taobao, same as all the chin shit they produce
>>
>>606637
Thank you Anon. Taobao is horrendous.
>>
Protonmail? Based
>>
>>606650
Free is free, who cares
>>
>>606650
Protonmail isn't a good provider if you actually want what they promise, if you just want an email that doesn't require you to give them your phone number, then it's good enough.
>>
It seems like S.V. has plans to ship the Raiden papercraft to multiple countries with orders open from October 10-13th for people who leave a comment with their email/country on this page:

https://sv0623.info/2022/10/01/about-overseas-shipping-raiden-shogun/
>>
>>608295
anybody got it and is willing or share-trade it yet?
>>
>>605589
cigaro@hotmail.de

this dude from Krautchan used to send postcards every Xmas back in 2010s

contact him, ask for exchangenings etc.
>>
Honestly this is sad and I agree with the OP. /po/ used to be the only reason I really visited 4chan, and the community was largely helpful and shared freely.

I'd love to find a discord or something, any other site to discuss papercrafting and trade models. Maybe I'm naive in thinking this place would be free from the immature name calling and people flying off the handle because they want to "wreck" others.

I started this hobby around a decade ago. Since then, most of the free model sites like paperkraft.net have gone un-updated. SSD no longer posts. Thank goodness we still have moekami. Pepa having an etsy page (that I have bought from) is honestly a godsend.

Man, I wonder if I'm alone here.
>>
>>608604
shut the fuck up

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.