[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/po/ - Papercraft & Origami

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 4 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

🙏 RIP Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka 🙏
Our dad who disowned us

[Advertise on 4chan]

I'm getting into paper mache, is this the place to post about it? I would assume so but only saw origami.

Anyone into this and would like to share their creation/share tips/tricks
>>
Yes, this would be the place to post about it. I personally encourage it, as it is a departure from the usual. I myself do not do paper mache and think you may not find many that do, but hope you do.
>>
>>599110

Ah good, I'll be sure to post some updates on my first project.
>>
>>599107
also interested, not really sure where to go either. i have a project idea but ive never done it before so still feeling everything out
>>
File: 20211021-202352.jpg (1.73 MB, 1960x4032)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB JPG
>>599111

I ended up going with horns, seemed easy enough. Just concentric circles. I used cardboard for the base, taped it all together then did 2 parts glue 1 part water and just kind of painted over the available outside and inside. The last few took more care because of the curve. It held together well the next day when I removed it to add another coat to keep shape.
>>
File: 20211022-103154.jpg (1.62 MB, 1960x4032)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB JPG
>>599429

And this is from today, same mixture on both sides of one of those grocery store coupon newspapers I keep getting in the mail. I read up on it and tearing is better for making sure it all connects better so I also tore off any edges before getting my strips. The plan next time is to make some "paper clay" which is broken down toilet paper and glue to get a sort of smoother finish and more accurately mold my shape.
>>
>>599107
This is really wonderful. I used to do papier mache often years ago, with my kids, but haven't done much recently.

>>599430
Yes, tearing the paper provides a smoother edge overlap, as well as better edge adhesion. You can do cut strips, but sometimes, depending on the paper's thickness, you might need to sand the dried surface to get it smooth. You can put smaller pieces in a warm oven to dry a little faster. I used a wheat flour/water/white glue mix that stands up really well over time.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.